AQUIVER || Award-winning shor...

By EllaMooreAuthor

Love and loss are universal, and even reach beyond our solar system. Witness the power of love and the devast... More

Foreword
Cerulean
Obsession
Stricken
Unmarked
Forcing fate - a snarky fairy tale
Lucky
Sunflower
Hell hath no fury
Little do you know
Kneel

A fairy tale in black and white

128 26 29
By EllaMooreAuthor

In the Kingdom of Colour, Black and White were its most debated subjects. Some argued Black didn't exist as he didn't reflect the light like colours were supposed to do. Others whispered White wasn't real, because she was, in essence, the absence of colour.

Despite the rumours, Black knew White was real, because her ethereal presence was the only reason the bleakness of existence was bearable. If he stared at the sun long enough, no longer did he see Gold or Yellow, or even Orange in the moments before the sun descended behind the horizon. Instead, all he saw was white. Sometimes, black dots exploded in his vision. To him, it was one more sign they were fated.

Only when he entered the most sacred place in the lands did Black realise why the Colours kept White a secret.

Imprisoned by the Prism laid White in all her splendour, birthing every Colour from her pure light.

Unattainable.

Black bled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

455 49 12
Love transcends all obstacles: time, space, genre...and age. In a world where the written romance is dominated by youth and naïveté, come sample a mo...
18.3K 261 18
New York is not just a city.... It's a world.. And lost in that world are Liam and Sofia, each struggling through their own strangled lives until des...
559 74 28
2019 Leighyeann A. Mies All rights reserved [COMPLETED ON 4/9/19] A collection of short stories for the Trial of Love contests
517K 11K 37
| 𝟭𝟲𝘅 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗗 · [EDITORS' CHOICE -- NOVEMBER 2020] [ONC 2020 Winner] Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass. A bond...