Mission Dressrosa [Captive ti...

By AbyssCronica

It was hard, going back being a marine. Several clinical examinations, both physical and psychological. All t... More

INTRO [please read!]
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13 [goodbye.]

7

4.1K 233 64
By AbyssCronica

«Kill or be killed! Everyone in this country is now a bounty hunter! The only way to save yourselves is to take the lives of the others!»

«So this is what's been happening on the surface...»

You all raised your faces to the level above. Screams, gunshots and all sort of commotion were coming from there.

Doflamingo's talk was transmitted on the whole island.

It was clear he took a sick pleasure in describing how people had been parasited by his power and were now randomly slaughtering friends and family members. Fathers were killing their children, marines were killing civilians.

«This is the kind of person you guys are willing to ally with...» Hack hissed, sending a sharp glare at you.

You quirked your eyebrow.

«I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how annoying you are.»

«Okay.» Sabo nervously smiled, grabbing Hack's arm as he pouted at you «Let's just get above-ground.»

He was interrupted by Doflamingo's announcement enlisting twelve targets for the population to capture in order to end that cruel game.

«I will give you one hundred million berries for each star! One-star targets: Gladiator Rebecca, Nico Robin, Foxfire Kin'emon, former princess Viola, Cyborg Franky. Two-star targets: former army captain Kyros and Roronoa Zoro. Three-star targets: commander of the Revolutionary Army Sabo, Stawhat Luffy, Trafalgar Law and former king of Dressrosa Riku Dold III. And finally, for the man who angered me the most today, I will give five hundred millions berries! Member of the Strawhat Pirates, "God" Usopp!»

Usopp's face became a mask of shock and horror.

Despite the terrible situation, you had to conceal your chuckle with a cough. At least until the crowd of pirates around turned to your group with maniac grins.

«These bastards...! They were worshipping me just a second ago!»

«This is our cue to get out of here.» Sabo announced.

The Tontatta people (that you just came to know of, much to your surprise) picked up the injured pirate and started running towards a nearby landslide that opened up a path to the surface.

«Let's go!» Nico Robin took that Rebecca-girl's hand and followed them swiftly. At the same time, she pulled out a baby Den Den Mushi and called her nakama.

«Quick, quick!» the fishman shouted to the group.

Many hostile pirates started to chase you, blades in their hands.

Bartolomeo the Cannibal stopped to face them.

«BARRIER! Go ahead, you guys!»

«Yeah, you would think!» you blurted, jumping by his side to shoot down some enemies above the line of his barrier.

He scoffed.

«Get away, ball girl! I can protect my super senpai by myself-dabe!»

«And letting a pirate behind to cover my escape? No way!»

«You two! Hurry up and come!» Hack called.

«Oi, flame guy!» you shouted, hitting more pirates «Why don't you stay back and take care of this?!»

Close to the surface, Sabo groaned.

«That girl is annoying.»

«Let's go!» the Cannibal growled, sending his barrier crushing a large group of enemies.

Two bullets were two more kills. You rolled the rifle in your hands to take new aim, but Bartolomeo suddenly grabbed your jacket.

«Come on!» he shouted, dragging you up the landslide.

«Get your hands off me, Cannibal!» you snarled.

He didn't listen, rushing up and joining the others. He dropped you only when you got to the ground level, creating then a barrier to cover the hole and preventing the pirates from reaching you.

Your butt hit the grass and an outrage pout curled on your features.

«Pirates.» you scoffed lightly.

You suddenly realized your pocket was buzzing, so you reached for your Den Den Mushi.

«Captain [L/n].» it was Bastille's voice.

«Hey there.» you grumbled.

«Fujitora gave orders to catch Law and the Strawhat pirates. Do not engage Doflamingo or his allies, do you understand?»

You blinked, still sat on the ground, surrounded by the little group of outlaws.

A few seconds passed before you could reply.

«Are you... are you fucking kidding me?» you quietly asked.

«I beg your pardon?!»

«Are you telling me we have to play this little game by Doflamingo's rules?!» you barked in the receiver, ignoring the pirates and Sabo listening to your conversation.

«Captain, you will not argue the orders of our Admiral! Nor mine! I command you to come back in front of the Colosseum and join my unit.»

You grit your teeth, grip tightening around the device.

«Have I made myself clear?» Bastille hissed.

You took a deep breath and closed your eyes.

«Of course, Vice Admiral. Although, you know, I'm very very far away and there is such a mess in the streets... it might take a while.»

Bartolomeo frowned.

«What are you talking about, girl? The Colosseum is right th– ouch

His sentence was cut short by your punch on his feet.

«Don't you bullshit me, captain, and get your ass–»

«Oh, no, I've been attacked.» you flatly said, without even trying to sound convincing «I have to go. See you later, Vice Admiral.»

«Captain [L/n], I swear...!»

You hung up the call.

«So... I assume you're not going to try and capture us?» Nico Robin asked with a half-smile on her face.

You shot her a glare, standing up.

«Oi, ball girl!» Bartolomeo roared, harshly grabbing your collar and almost lifting you from the ground «How come you fucking hit me-dabe?!»

«Back off.» you warned, pressing the barrel of your rifle against his stomach.

He showed you his pointed teeth.

«You're lucky you just saved Robin-senpai and Usopp-senpai. I'll let you go, for now.»

«How very kind of you.» you smirked as he released you.

You took a step back.

«Well guys, this was not at all a pleasure. Hopefully, I won't see you again, ever. Bye.»

And with that, you disappeared among the chaotic streets of the capital.

«How did you even make it so far?»

You spat a clot of blood on the dirty floor of the ring, before struggling to get back to your feet.

This was part of what they called "rehabilitation".

They asserted captivity decreased your physical state and muscle mass, and they had to assess your fighting abilities.

You highly doubted that was the case, it wasn't like you had less action than usual while on the Kid Pirates' ship, but you couldn't say that.

So you accepted the training.

It wasn't clear why it included straight up brawls with buffed soldiers who were looking forward to beating up an official, though.

The huge guy in front of you cracked his knuckles, pleased with the outcome of his fists.

«Small, weak woman. You're nothing without your rifle, aren't you?»

This soldier was particularly filled with resentment and eager to hurt you. Or maybe he was just a sadistic piece of shit.

«And you're nothing... wait, you're nothing anyway, aren't you?» you snorted, wiping the blood away from your chin with your hand.

«Let me show you what I am, bitch!»

He dashed at you again, but this time you were sick of it.

You dropped crouched to avoid his swing and kicked him in the balls.

When he went down with a choked groan, you hakied up and punch him in the face.

He fell on his back, spitting and holding his cock with both hands, pained whimpers leaving his mouth.

You grunted and limped back to the corner of the ring, grabbing the marine hat and putting it on your head.

«Oi, commander, the session isn't over!» the coach called you back.

«Then how come it is?» you hissed, heading to the door of the gym.

«Seriously, though.» he walked behind you «How did you make it so far?»

You stop and glanced at him above your shoulder, but he continued talking.

«Going around with an Admiral, the War of the Best, the New World, the Kid Pirates... looking at you, I can't help but wandering. You aren't strong, and you're quite obnoxious. How the hell did you do all that? Just with your aim?»

You frowned, turning around.

«I didn't "do" anything.» you said «I was born weak in a strong world. All I ever did so far was pretty much trying to survive.»

With a small nod, you took your leave.

«"Born weak in a strong world?"» the masked pirate tilted his head, and his blond locks fell on his shoulder «Have you ever considered poetry, [Y/n]?»

You scoffed, placing the dishes on the table.

«Oh, give me a break.»

«It's true though.» he said.

Your movement paused, a distant pout curling your eyebrows.

You guys have no idea what it means, to be an ordinary human and dreaming the One Piece.

If only I was born a little bit stronger, maybe...

«You there?»

«Huh?» you shook your head «Yeah, yeah.»

The two of you finished setting the table ready for the meal.

«Killer?»

«Hm?»

«Don't tell him I said that.»

...

«I wasn't going to. It's bullshit, anyway.»

The marine on the other side of the Den Den Mushi grumbled something, while you used the butt of your rifle to knock out a parasitized man.

«Captain, you there? It worked...! Looks like the animals are sedated!»

«Good!» you replied, dodging a swing from another weeping victim «Now put them on a cart and get them as far away from the birdcage as possible!»

«What?? But why?»

You grimaced.

«I have a bad feeling about this... if those bars are really indestructible and Doflamingo controls them, it's not safe to be anywhere close. You know what? Start an evacuation. Move people and animals toward the centre of the island.»

«But that's the most dangerous place now!»

«Don't enter the capital, stay right outside. But do as I said.»

«Aye, captain!»

You closed the communication and knocked down another man.

«Darling!» a woman sobbed, throwing herself at him «Thank you, miss, thank you!»

«Tie him up and find a place to hide.» you drily ordered.

A couple of marines entered the street to chase some civilians, faces red and soaked in desperation.

«Someone stop us, please!»

«Get away from us!»

«On it!» you shouted, running towards them.

However, the ground trembled, making you stumble.

Screams and panic exploded louder all around, as you grabbed a post to steady yourself.

A huge shadow suddenly covered the sun.

You raised your eyes and paled.

«What... the fuck... is that thing?»

It was a hill (no, a mountain...!), but it was shaped like an enormous warrior and it was moving, causing earthquakes all over the island.

It was probably miles away from you, near the palace, but for sure everyone could see it.

You watched in horror as it lifted a fist and hit the ground, making the whole place shake again.

You wrapped your arms around the post to stay on your feet.

When the worst wave passed, you realized your Den Den Mushi was ringing.

«Yes?!» you barked in the receiver.

«Captain? Vice Admiral Maynard here!»

«What the hell is that thing?!»

«It's Pica, one of Doflamingo's chief executives.»

«What the fuck is Fujitora doing?!»

It was not easy to hear him properly, chaos was dominating around you both.

«Are we on a private line?»

«What the...? No!»

«Well, who cares at this point!» he spat his cigarette «Listen to me, captain. Fujitora is still saying that we don't have to attack Doflamingo and his comrades, but... that's complete bullshit.»

«Oh shit, THANK YOU!» you shouted «So I'm not the only sane one around!»

«That's why I called you, captain.»

You and Maynard didn't know each other very well, but since you embarked the same ship you had the feeling he was kind of a rebel, sometimes. As for you... well, everybody in Marineford knew you were not exactly the best at following orders.

«Currently, the former contestants of the Colosseum are fighting their way up to the castle. Doflamingo is there.»

«Did they join forces?» you asked, engaging the two marines. Judging by the sounds coming from the other side, Maynard was fighting as well.

«Yes. Trafalgar and Strawhat are leading them.»

Trafalgar is alive and kicking asses?! Holy shit.

«Okay, and where do we stand in all this?» you finally managed to kick one of the soldiers on the head and send him to the ground.

«We... are supposed to stop them.»

You closed your eyes and cursed loudly.

«I swear, Vice Admiral, when we get back to the HQ I'm going straight to Sakazuki to give him a piece of my mind about his new Admiral!»

You looked up at the giant rock-warrior. At least it stopped moving.

«Wait, captain, it's not over. Did you know that the second in command of the Revolutionary Army is here as well?»

«Hum... no?»

Ups, I forgot to report.

«Well, he defeated Bastille-san, then engaged Fujitora and... looks like it ended in a draw!»

You shook your head.

«Did you see that?»

«No, I've been told. Sounds fishy, doesn't it?»

«As fuck. Where's Fujitora now?»

«No idea, but Sabo is around, so be careful. My unit and I will focus on securing whomever was parasitized by Doflamingo's technique now. As far as I'm concerned, stopping the pirates is not our priority.»

You knocked out the second soldier with your rifle.

«...I see. Well, I was supposed to join Bastille's unit, but looks like I can't find them anywhere. So do you have any order for me, Vice Admiral?»

«Captain.» he lowered his voice «Since you're by yourself in a hostile environment, I allow you to act according to your own judgment. Protecting civilians is a priority, of course.»

«Of course.»

«You see that giant monster up there?»

«Hard to miss.»

There was a pause.

«I was told there are many things a sniper can do.»

«Well, they cannot pierce mountains, that's for sure.»

«I thought you were the best we got.»

You quirked an eyebrow at Pica's frame.

«You guys are gonna be the death of me.»

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 772 45
Every time you look at me, it's as if you were looking at someone else. I just want to remind you... I'm not that person. Thank you very much for...
1.5K 267 19
Stupid Contest, Stupid Date, Stupid Penguin! A wager lost, upends the life Sorna was slowly trying to piece back together. She is forced to fle...
5.1K 201 4
Trafalgar Law never thought that would happen, he stuttered. In his life, if anyone ever asked him what his relationship with Eustass Kidd was, he'd...
3.9K 67 13
The photo goes to all the rightful owners! -You lost your crew but Law was there to save you and helped you recover. You finally met Law once again...