Kat Got Your Tongue? (Sherloc...

By Immortality4646

"The game, Mrs Hudson, is on!" ~~~ "Tax- ugh." Sherlock says getting cut off as another body runs into him, t... More

Chapter 1 - A Study in Pink
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - The Blind Banker
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 - The Great Game
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 37

2.8K 126 31
By Immortality4646

In case you didn't read this from the last chapter, here it is again. Enjoy the update.

A/N - Hey guys, I am so so so so so so so so sooooooooooooo sorry that I didn't update like at all the past two weeks. I just came back from spending some time with my best friend at her river house in the mountains and, in case you didn't know, the mountains DO NOT have service (and not really any good Wi-Fi either). I tried to update but it never went through. I did have a lot of time to write so I got through two and a half chapters. I am going to post both completed chapters for you guys right now and hopefully I will have the third one finished soon and I will publish it as soon as its done to make up for lost time. If I don't end up finishing it by the end of the week, however, I will be giving you guys two chapters when I post again next Sunday.

And now for my dedications to my very loyal readers who are still here despite me and my weirdness!! Thank you to... @nightfury_2005 @Alex_Lyra @Theoptimistic123 @MeguelineMaraschim @redandblackbarrys @mia-jane1024 @Saphire2102 @MBG202 @Mycookiemonster95 @AuroraDeLuca804 @grande55 @_ohheyisabella_ @EmmelineGRWeasley @athenawinchester_x @Khaleesi_katherine I love you all muchly!!!!!

Enjoy the double update,

Kisses -K

~~~

The place that Kat and Sherlock have found themselves in, was full of costumes and props and other things of the sort.

"Ladies and gentlemen," They hear a delicate accented voice say from behind the curtain. "From the distant moonlight shores of the Yangtze River, we present for your pleasure the deadly Chinese bird-spider."

Sherlock and Kat peak their head through the curtain and sure enough there is an athletic but small man swinging around on two pieces of red silk that is hanging from the ceiling.

"Well, well." Sherlock says in a pleased voice.

"The Spider." Kat breathes out when suddenly a door opens. The two of them hide behind some clothing racks. Sherlock peaks his head over and sees the women from the show grab something from a dressing table but he accidently knocks a hanger and it clicks a little and he has to duck as she looks over in their direction. After a few seconds they head a door open and close again indicating that she left the room.

"Sherlock, look." Kat point out and he looks at when she has found. At Kat's feet there is a black duffle bag filled with spray paint cans. Spray paint cans with yellow residue on the nozzle that looks exactly like the one they found by the train tracks.

"Found you." He says and steps out from behind the rack and sprays the paint on the mirror and it is an exact match. Suddenly, there is movement from behind Kat and Sherlock as, what they thought was a mannequin, begins to move. He begins to swing at them with a knife and Kat and Sherlock fight with him.

Kat and Sherlock were fighting the man when suddenly Kat lets out a small laugh. "This feels familiar." She tells Sherlock with a laugh and Sherlock nods his head in agreement before ducking as the sword nearly missed his head. The fight the two of them are in right now is almost exactly like what happened with that guy who came to them about the Jaria Diamond case right before they got this one.

Sherlock then gets an idea and grabs a can of the yellow paint and sprays it into their assailants eyes. The man suddenly jumps up and kicks Sherlock in the chest sending him flying through the curtain and onto the stage in the middle of the show. Everybody gasps as Sherlock comes into view and then some scream when they see Kat come from behind the curtain and jump onto the man's back.

The man grabs her and flips her over his back and flat onto the ground causing her to lose her breath. She sits there gasping when she see's John try to take a hit at the man but fail when suddenly, Sarah comes into view with a large stick as she hits the man in the head stunning him.

Sherlock reaches over to the man and takes off his shoe and sees the Mark of Tong tattoo on his heel.

He stands up and goes over to Kat who is still trying to catch her breath.

"Are you okay?" He asks her and she nods her head in response.

"I'm fine." She tries to get up but feels some pain in her chest. "I, ugh, think I might have cracked a few ribs, is all."

"Come on! We have to go!" Sherlock tell them and he grabs Kat's hand gently while John grabs Sarah's and they run from the scene.

~~~

"I sent a couple of cars. The old hall is totally deserted." Dimmock tells them when they arrive at the precinct later on.

"Look, I saw the mark at the circus," Sherlock explains. "That tattoo that we saw on the two bodies: the mark of the Tong."

"Lukis and Van Coon were part of a-a smuggling operation." Kat tells him. Again. "Now, one of them stole something when they were in China; something valuable."

Holmes nods his head agreeing with her. "These circus performers were gang members sent here to get it back."

"Get what back?" Dimmock asks dumbly.

"The thing that was stolen obviously." Kat snaps sarcastically as she is completely fed up with people being stupid. "Don't be thick." she adds rolling her eyes.

Watson gives the detective an apologetic look for Kat's rude comment. "We don't know." He tell him.

"You don't know." Dimmock repeats slowly. "Mr. Holmes, I've done everything you asked. Lestrade, he seems to think your advice is worth something." He pauses for a moment and rubs his forehead frustrated. "I gave the order for a raid. Please tell me I'll have something to show for it, other than a massive bill for overtime." He adds.

~~~

As soon as the three roommates and Sarah get back to Baker Street, Sherlock helps Kat to sit on the couch while John grabs some of his wraps to help Kat.

"Ouch!" Kat hisses as Sarah pressing into her ribs slightly.

"Yeah, I definitely think you broke a few ribs." Sarah also presses on Kat's right wrist gently which makes the blonde detective hiss in pain again. "And I also think that you sprained your wrist."

"Great." Kat sighs. "That's just perfect."

"Well your wrist will heal in about a week whereas your ribs will probably take about 5 to 6 weeks. So no heavy lifting." Sarah adds.

"You got it, doc." Kat fake salutes, wincing in pain as lifting her arm that high and fast hurt her ribs. After Sarah wraps up her wrist, Kat rubs her eyes tiredly. "Well I am going to change into my PJs, so if you'll excuse me for a moment." Kat says as she gets up and walks back into her room.

After Kat changes into her pajamas, which consists of shorts and a tank top, she walks back into the main room, only to find Sherlock leaned over their desk with no Sarah or John in sight.

"Where is Sarah and John?" Kat asks.

"John is helping Mrs. Hudson downstairs with something and Sarah volunteered to go grab some takeout." Sherlock replies.

"Cool." Kat replies quietly when Sherlock suddenly looks up at her.

"Oh, I, uh, meant to tell you," Sherlock starts trying to ignore how good Kat looks in those short shorts and showy tank top. "Soo Lin translated some of the words while we were at the museum,"

"Really?" Kat asks excitedly. "Show me."

"Nine Mill." Kat reads out slowly when she sees the cypher. "Does that mean millions?"

"Nine million quid." Holmes clarifies. "For what?" He muses. "We need to know the end of this sentence." With that he grabs his jacket and scarf as well as the cypher.

"Where are you going?"

"To the museum; to the restoration room." Holmes replies. "Oh, we must have been staring right at it!"

Kat looks confused for a moment until the pieces come together. "The book, the key to cracking the cipher!"

"Soo Lin used it to do this! Whilst we were running around the gallery, she started to translate the code. It must be on her desk." Kat grabs her coat.

"I'm coming with you." Kat tells Sherlock pointedly and he wants to argue but he also knows it won't get him anywhere so he just agrees.

"Fine, but you won't be doing anything to aggravate your ribs." Sherlock tells her as they get to the bottom of the stairs and leave Baker Street.

"Deal." Kat says and she pats her pocket for her phone while Sherlock attempts to call a taxi. When Kat realizes she doesn't have her phone, or her gun, she turns to Sherlock quickly. "I left my phone and gun inside, I'm going to grab it quickly. Do not leave without me." She adds sternly and, carefully, runs (or speed walks due to her injury) back inside.

It only takes a few moments for Kat to grab her weapon and phone so it takes no times for her to be headed back downstairs to where Sherlock is waiting for her down the street. Kat opens the door to Baker Street when she comes face to face with a small man who takes no time in pressing a white cloth to her mouth. Kat tries to fight but eventually is forced to breath in the chloroform and her vision is consumed by darkness.

~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this chapter and my story and you want to help me write more, please donate to any or all of the links below or you can find them in my BIO! Thank you! Love you muchly, Kisses -K

BuyMeACoffee - buymeacoffee.com/Immortality4646
LiberaPay - https://en.liberapay.com/Immortality4646/
Ko-Fi - https://ko-fi.com/immortality4646

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 201 9
Despairing of the ingenuity of London's criminals, Sherlock Holmes accepts what appears to be an ordinary case and discovers that a mastermind is at...
181K 6.1K 44
Darcy Byrne, a surprisingly intelligent orphan girl from London, stumbles upon Jennifer Wilson's body at Brixton, Lauriston Gardens. She follows the...
67 13 7
" Where are you? " It seemed as though John was talking to no one. Just a man in the middle of the streets yelling like a mad man. Such a great sight...
3.1K 81 10
For one to uncover secrets this deep, they must shatter the evil from within. A façade was all Sherlock was living now. When he gets wind of a masque...