criminal ; jmb ✔️

By hrtflms

he traded his guns for love. unedited. More

criminal
2 a.m.
late night talking
sophia
little bro
dead
we chopped up his body
addiction
las vegas
date night
jealousy
you're good for him
i love you
happy birthday! im pregnant
im all in
A/N
caught
guns & cigarettes
my dearest friend..
joey's sentencing
i dont wanna die too young
final 24 hours
wishin' i still had you
read
NEW BOOK!

robbery

2.3K 101 5
By hrtflms

joey

"all the money, in here now!" dev shouts at the lady. the lady filled with fear hurriedly got up and filled the bags with money. i kept my gun pointed at her making sure she was doing what she was told. when she filled the whole duffel bag up she shakily handed it back to dev.

i heard sirens come from the distance. i look out the window then at everyone. "let's go!" bryce shouted as he ran out the doors. i slip my gun back in my pocket and ran out of the bank with them.

we rushed out to the car and got in, bryce immediately drove off. "bryce, can you go any fucking faster they're catching up to us!" tayler shouted at him.

"i'm going as fast as i can!" bryce shouts back making me roll my eyes. he drove slower than my damn grandma.

bryce managed to blend in with another car in the freeway. it looked exactly like ours so he managed to trick the cops into thinking that was us so they ended up following that car. once we got to the parking lot we rushed out of the car with the duffel bags full of money.

dev, tayler and i got in a red car. last minute bryce said he had to go take care of something so we're actually gonna leave tomorrow which was a relief. i wanted to go down the diner and tell june to come with us or... with me, but i figured that might've been too much to ask for.

"what are we gonna do with all the money anyway?" i asked dev. he shrugged and took off his shirt before putting on a new one. "buy yourself a house? i don't know, bryce said we'll figure it all out in vegas."

"i'm gonna buy myself a new house and new identity." tayler plops down in the middle of dev and i. "i think i'm gonna do the same." i tell them both before standing up.

"it could be a fresh start for me." dev smiles a bit and nods. "you deserve a fresh start, joey. i know your sisters murder has been tough on you and the fact that they pinned it all on you is horrible." dev stood up and patted my shoulder.

"that's what i get for being a criminal son." i shrug and walk into the bathroom.

june

"june, sweetie would you grab me another beer please." my father said without taking his eyes off the tv. i rolled my eyes and got up from the couch. i walk into the kitchen and grab a beer for my father.

i stuck it out for him to take. he snatches it and immediately starts chugging it all down without saying thank you. i decided to get my things and study at the diner. my father was a horrible drunk and i didn't wanna be around when he is.

"i'll be back in an hour." i tell him before walking out of the house. i get in my car and drive to the diner. when i get out of the car i notice that there was a police car parked their. i furrow my brows and walk inside.

i saw mel at the cashier talking to two police officers, one of them was a girl. mel immediately shot her head towards me and pointed at me. both the cops took a glance at me before walking up to me.

"juniper francis, i got a couple of questions regarding joey birlem. do you know him?" the lady officer asked. i gulped and shook my head.

"no, i actually only really saw him once and that was yesterday when i took his order." i lied, well kinda. if joey was hiding from the cops then there's a reason they haven't found him yet and i wasn't about to give him up.

"did he ever try to contact you after that?"

i shook my head. "why would he? i was nothing but his waitress, that's it."

both the cops seemed so unsure. the lady officer lets out a deep sigh and nods slowly. "if he ever comes around here again, please contact 911 immediately. we have a warrant for his arrest." she says before walking out of the diner with the other cop.

i let out a deep breath i didn't know i was holding in. why were the cops looking for joey? was it because they thought he murdered his sister or something else?

i walk over to an empty booth and sit down. i hear footsteps approach me seconds later but i chose to ignore them. "did you lie to them?" i look up and see mel standing there with her hands on her hips.

i shook my head. "lying to a cop is a felony, why would i?"

"i thought that was the judge?"

i scoff. "same thing."

"so you don't know or haven't talked to joey ever since you took his order yesterday?" i shook my head at her question. i opened up my notebook and started writing down some notes.

"stay away from him june." i heard her say. i look at her confused. "why?"

"he's dangerous, he's the most wanted criminal in california and the cops haven't even found him yet. i'm surprised he managed to get through the doors here yesterday without looking suspicious or anything." she shrugged.

"i don't think he even murdered his sister mel." i whispered to her. she chuckled a bit.

"june that isn't the only thing they're trying to convict him from." she sunk her teeth down her lower lip. "it's all over the news june, he's like a drug dealer or something."

i looked down at my notebook. joey never told me that last night. maybe it was because his friends called him or because he was trying to hide it from me i don't know.

i heard laughter come from the entrance of the diner. i look up and see tayler walking in with another guy i haven't seen before. i look back at mel. "would you mind? i'm kinda studying here." i tell her.

she nods and stood up then walked away from me. i chewed on my lower lip nervously and watched tayler and the other guy sit down at a booth by the window. i looked around and stood up. i grabbed al my things and walked over to them.

"would you mind if i joined you two?" i look over at tayler. tayler looks up at me and grins. "not at all waiter girl. scoot over dev." he cleared his throat.

i looked over at the other boy. he rolled his eyes and scooted closer to the window. i smile a bit and sat down next to him. "what are you up to waiter girl?" tayler asked. "aren't you suppose to be working?"

i shook my head. "it's my day off, i work tomorrow." i tell him. "i'm just studying, i got a big test coming up and i'm not trying to fail."

"you in high school?" he asked without taking his eyes off his menu.

"college, actually. freshman year." i tell him. "i actually wanted to talk to you guys about joey."

tayler immediately set his menu down when he heard me say joeys name. "what about him, love?" dev asked. i looked at him and shrugged before looking back at tayler.

"the cops came by minutes before you guys came in, they asked me some questions about joey and i just wanna know why the whole state is looking for him." tayler and dev both looked at each other. dev started cursing under his breath and ran his fingers through his hair frustratedly.

"please tell me you didn't sell out my best friend." tayler said angrily. my face dropped, i shook my head.

"i would never, i care about him." dev scoffed.

"you just met him." he turned his body towards me and stared into my eyes, almost like he was trying to kill me with just a look.

"actually he's been here everyday for the past month, i might've just started talking to him but it feels like i've known him for a while." tayler's facial expression softened. he gasped. "dev that's cute, give her credit for that."

"shut up tayler, we need to warm joey and tell bryce that we have to get to vegas as soon as possible." dev grabbed his things and looked at me. he motioned me to get out of my seat. i get up slowly and look at them both.

"i wanna come with you!" i cross my arms. tayler and dev both looked at each other before bursting into laughter. "why?"

"cause i care about him." i tell him again.

dev hesitated before nodding. i grin and grab my stuff before following them out of the diner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 64.9K 58
"𝚃𝚘 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕...
684K 16K 72
There's always a thin line between love and hate🤍
18.2K 287 34
"You can't love me, I'm a criminal" "That's exactly why I love you"
15.5K 458 25
Being bullied, falling in love with a drug dealer, typical thug story right? Wrong. Dead wrong.