Waiting For My Love

By KuroDevilXSnow

It's been 700 years since I've been turned into a vampire by my love and it's been 700 years since I lost him... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Prologue

21 2 1
By KuroDevilXSnow

~~~~ 1st POV~~~~
"Lucas!" I screamed as his body came into contact with the floor. Swiftly, I plunged my dagger into the attacker in the neck, I ran towards Lucas as I put my hands over his wound, applying pressure, his blood instantly coating my palm.

"S-shit, that hurts...Love...Leave me here, I won't be able to make it..." Lucas coughed out, his hands barely made it on top of mine.

"No way in hell are you dying on me now Lucas. Come on, t-this is just another normal wound, right? Y-You'll heal right?" I asked holding back my tears

"N-Not this t-time love. T-They shot me with pure silver, I-I may be a pure-blooded vampire but I-I can't survive a critical shot to the chest..." He told me, I feel his hands leaving mine as he tried to reach for my face. I lifted one of my hands, grabbed his hand, and slowly guide it to my tear-stained face

"C-Come on Lucas, don't die on me now. W-we are supposed to get through this together remember? We're gonna live life to the fullest, have little Lucas running around the place, piling on top of you to wake you up, have a zoo in our backyard cause of the different animals we have kept. Y-You can't leave me now...Please Lucas..Please...Please...No Lucas...."- I cried out choking on my words. kissing his hands, trying to make them feel warm again

"S-Sorry love, I-I really wanted to spend the whole of our immortal life together, but I slowly losing everything...I-I can't feel my limbs anymore, I'm losing my hearing, I'm guessing my sight will be next before my voice than my heart...B-but before I lose my sight, I want to lose it with you smiling face as the last thing I see...P-Please?" He requested looking at me.

I wanted to retaliate, saying he will survive but his eyes were slowly clouding, his breath slowing down and hands slipping from loss of grip. Swallowing the cries I want to let out, I quickly wiped away my remaining tears, taking a deep breath before giving him the best smile I can muster.

"I love you, Lucas. I'll wait for your return, forever and always. Thank you for the times we had together, I don't and never regret whatever choice I had made to be with you." I said as tears slid down my smiling face.

His mouth twitches into a small smile of his own, his voice is almost too low." Ah, There's the smile I fell in love with. I'll be back love, I promise you. We'll be together again, be it, human or vampire. I'll love you with all my heart." My love breathes out, his eyes closed, heart steadily stops as his hand grew cold.

I held his hands tighter as I wailed, I cradled his head closer to me as I cried my heart out. All the memorable days flooded back to me as though telling me this is what I've lost. 

~

When we first met, it was the dumbest way possible to meet someone.
~

As I walked around the lake, a hand gripped my shoulder. Instincts kicked in as I threw the person over my shoulder, with the person landing on his back.

"Ouf!"

I looked at the person properly, only to see a guy who works at the same cafe as me.

"Oh lord, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" I asked as I extended my hand to pull him up

"It's okay, It's my fault for scaring you." He said as he allowed me to pull him up.

"As an apology though, I would like to know your name. I'm Lucas" he flirted with his hand still holding mine.

I playfully rolled my eyes as I replied to him "I'm Alice"

~

The day I found out he was a vampire was the day I knew he was broken one too many times
~

"Hey Lucas, do you want to-" I froze as I saw him in the back room biting into a blood bag.

He stared at me in horror and fear while I stared at him in shock. Quickly removing his mouth from the blood bag, he slowly approached me like he was worried that I'll run away. But instead, I walked towards him and forcefully opened his mouth, staring at his fangs.

"Hmmm.....A Vampire huh? Guess you're not joining me for lunch then." I said nonchalantly, I turned around tried to leave the room but was stopped by a grip on my hand.

"Y-You're not scared of me?"-Lucas asked, fearing my answer

I stared at him before turning around and cupping his cheek with my hand, forcing him to make eye contact with me. His beautiful blue eyes are now blood red with tears brimming, sadness, fear, loneliness. I sighed as I pulled him into a hug.

"If I'm scared of you because of what you are and that you are something you didn't choose to be because everyone says that I should be scared. Then I don't deserve to even call myself a good friend. I'm not scared of you, I'll never be scared of you. I'll never leave you, Lucas, I'll be here for you."-I said

My left shoulder started to feel damp from Lucas's tears as he hugged me tighter, afraid that I will disappear. I comment nothing as I pat his head, my other arm secured around his waist as we slid to the floor due to me not being able to hold up his weight.

We just sat there, me patting his head, him crying his heart out onto my shoulder as squeezed me once in a while which I'll respond with a squeeze of my own.

~

The day he turned me into a vampire was when I swore to myself that I would be with him no matter what.
~

"A-are you sure about this Alice? There's no way to turn you back after this you know? You won't be able to die unless I kill you which I will never do b-but you'll still feel pain a-" I cut him off with a kiss

"Yes Lucas, I'm very sure. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I don't care if I can only die by your hands. I'll gladly die by your hands if that's what our fate has decided."

He pulled me into a tight hug as he buried his head deep into my neck, I felt tears dripping from his eyes.

"Never, never will I ever wish you were dead neither will I kill you. So don't you think even for a second that I would want you that, that's my promise to you."

~

The day he proposed to me, was the happiest day of my life.
~

"Okay, where are you bringing me to Mister Lucas. You've been dragging me through this forest for the past 30 minutes, should I be worried?"-I said as I held hands with Lucas and my eyes blindfolded...

"Haha, love no way will I let you worry for no reason. Don't worry now, we're almost there."- Lucas laughed, he continued to tug my hands along to prompt me as he continued dragging me.

"That's the 5th time you've told me that, seriously where on earth are you dragging me?" - I asked, kinda scared due to my eyes being blindfolded and the fact that I have no freaking idea where we're at.

"My love, do you trust me?"-he asked, stopping our tracks.

"Of course I do. If I don't, I would have kicked your ass the moment you wanted to blindfold me."- I said without any hesitation. 

"That's great to hear because we're here."-He said as he let go of my hand. 

I hear his footsteps along with another pair of footsteps, one walking away from me while the other headed behind me. I had my guard up, but my instincts told me that everything will be okay.

I felt my blindfold getting loose as he gently unties the knot. My eyes fluttered open as they tried to adjust to the bright light in front of me. Tears sprung to my eyes as they finally adjusted the breathtaking site. I looked around the open area and saw a large amount of white and blue rose bush surround us along with petals scattered around forming a huge spade with only Lucas and me in the middle of it, outside of the spade was all of our best friends since we both have lost family. 

The sunset hits the lake as it shone behind Lucas giving him a divine look which made me mentally chuckle seeing as how he's a vampire.

I looked back to Lucas, tears slowly streaming down my face as he kneeled right in front of me, with his hands clamped together like he was hiding something in it. Then he finally opened his hand, revealing a small black box opened, its content? A simple yet beautiful black wedding ring.

I remember you telling me that proposing with a heart shape is way too cliche that's why I went with your favorite spade instead. I remember the first time I met you, I almost broke my back. When you found out what I was, you embraced it. When I told you I loved you, you returned my love without hesitation. When we argue, you would always make sure to address the problem. When I turned you into one of my kind, you told me that you will stay by me. As much as I can continue complimenting you, you probably would whack me after this seeing as how you don't like it when people compliment you but it'll be worth it. My dear beautiful vampire strong girlfriend, Will you marry me?"

As soon as he finished his sentence, I burst into tears and collapsed onto my knees. I heard him drop the ring as he scoots closer to me hugging and panicking.

"W-what's wrong? Do you not like this? Is it too soon? Do you not want this? I'm sorry, it's okay if you reject- " I cut him off with a kiss as I put my hand on his cheek to wipe away a tear that fell from his eyes. 

"I hope you can handle this mess that you just proposed to cause, yes I will marry you."

His eyes shone brightly as he pulled me back into a hug and tightly squeeze me as he excitingly shouts 

"SHE SAID YES! WOOHOOOO!!!"

Our friends cheer as rose petals were thrown at us, claps and cheers echoed through the forest as the stars now visible above shone brightly as though it was celebrating for us.

We exchange kisses one more time, cradling each other's faces as we both whispered.

"I love You" 

My tears fell one last time onto Lucas's face, I gave him one last kiss as I carried his body and started walking towards the open space where he proposed to me, it was a quick walk since we decided to buy a house near the open area.

I stopped in my tracks, the sunset was just as beautiful as the day he proposed. I gently laid him down on the floor as I dragged the boat we left by the lake slightly higher before carrying and putting Lucas in there. 

I turned to my left towards the white and blue rose bush and started plucking out the roses and slowly filling his boat. Every rose I pluck out I'll pick out a petal and proceed to cast a spell on it to inform send it to our best friends about the news.

Slowly one by one, I sense our friends arrive. Frantic as they slowly made their way to the boat to get one last look at Lucas. Minutes turned into hours as they themselves started helping me to fill the boat with roses, soon a hand gently grasped mine as I picked the final blue rose.

I turned around to see Mark, Lucas's best friend. He took the roses from my hand and passed it to Keith, his lover before taking out a handkerchief and dabbing the small open wounds on my hands caused by the thorns on the roses. 

"Look at you, being reckless again."- He softly commented as he inspected my hand to make sure that there are no existing thorns in my flesh.

As Mark quietly checks for any other injuries, I stay silent while Keith bought me into a side hug, curling his hand over my shoulder, patting my head.

"What are you going to do now?"- Keith asked, wiping the tears on my face that escaped unknowingly. Mark slowly stood up as he looked at me, waiting for my answer.

"I'm going to wait for him"-I announced without an ounce of hesitation existing in my voice. Mark's eyes widened as he grabbed me by the shoulders.

"Are you sure? I know someone that can turn you back into a human, you can move on and continue with your life, you don't have to do this to yourself."- Mark questioned

" I know what I want in life, and I want to be with him. I promised him that I will be with him and love him with all my heart, I'm not going to go against that wish and promise. I'm going to wait for him."- I said, slowly turning towards Keith to hug him before walking off.

~~~ With Keith and Mark~~~

" What is she thinking?! The next reincarnation for vampires is going to take 100 years, they might even come back as a human, never mind that, they won't have any recollection of their previous life!"- Mark said, panicking at the fact that his sister figure plans to wait for an unfruitful love. 

"That may be true, But I can understand why and would probably do the same if I was in her shoes."-Keith said, snapping Mark out of his panic state. He turned to look at his lover only to see him smiling sadly as tears streamed down his face.

"If we're about to start a new chapter in our life and you died, I'm not starting this new chapter without you. How do I even live?"- Keith started crying harder, he has been more sensitive to other people's emotions and can read people's minds ever since his vampire powers awoken.

"This heartbreak hurts too much, she's in too much pain, she lost half of her heart, I want to stop her from this decision too. But... That determination to wait for him is as strong as her heartbreak."-Keith said as he turned to hug his lover who without hesitation hugged back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 55.4K 83
"The only person that can change Mr. Oberois is their wives Mrs. Oberois". Oberois are very rich and famous, their business is well known, The Oberoi...
216K 10.8K 90
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
84.2K 2.2K 32
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...