If You Invite Them In

By let-it-down

⚠️ minors DNI. Dark, mysterious.....possessive....Irresistible. More

The Scent
Laying Claim
Paul
A Lesson
The Scarf
Too Much
Gone
No Matter What
Phantom
Can't Stay Away Forever
The One
The Introduction
Settling In
Lessons In History
The Bath

Meeting At Last

2.3K 76 83
By let-it-down

The sun was just beginning to set as I made my way down the empty streets toward the Cavern.

I spend quite a bit of time here, I live alone, no family, a few friends that might contact me once a month, but don't count on it.

I like my solitude, so it doesn't really matter much to me.

Every night a local band plays. They're called The Beatles. The lads are quite talented.

I walk into the cave-like club, greeted by the usual ambient noise and hot air.

I feel a pair of eyes on me, it's him.

The devilishly handsome guitarist of the Beatles. George.

Though he's beautiful, he's got an air of intimidation about him. Something dark in those mysterious eyes.

Yet I can't help but only stare at him when they play. The way his long fingers dance along the frets of his guitar mesmerize me unlike anything I've ever gazed upon before.

Every time I catch him staring at me I feel a mixture of fascination and....terror? No, that's dramatic. Apprehension is a better word.

Yet, when we lock gazes he never looks away. He just stares straight through me.

*****************

Night after night I go to the Cavern. Night after night he inches closer and closer.

The night happens mid April. About two months after this became a nightly routine.

************

My heart nearly stops when a slightly clammy hand lands on my heated shoulder.

I jump and turn in my seat to see him.
He's even more gorgeous up close....

"Hey love, this seat taken?"

I glance at the empty seat beside me, "oh, n-no, you're welcome to sit."

"Don't mind if I do."

He sits quietly for a few minutes, but I can feel him glancing at me every now and then.

I finish my drink and go to stand but he places his hand on my shoulder again.

How are his hands so chilly in this stuffy room? Perhaps he has poor circulation...

"Won't you have another?"

His sudden words surprise me, he didn't seem at all interested in me before, and now he wants me to stay?

"Sorry if I've been acting strangely, but I must confess. I've noticed you, every night, all alone."

I look away, feeling a blush creep up my neck, embarrassment hot in my blood.

A cool finger suddenly tilts my head back, his deep brown eyes intently trained on mine.

"What's your name, love?" He purrs.

"I-uh-_______, I'm ______. And you're George."

He smiles crookedly, "so you already know my name."

"Of course I do, you're only one of the best musicians that play here! And the other three are your band mates."

He quirks and eyebrow, giving me a smirk. My heart pounds painfully in my chest, his eyes flick down briefly before waving the bartender over.

Without a word he prepares me a new drink. When he sets it down George takes it and motions to a booth in a dark corner.

I follow tepidly, this seeming so very surreal, All the girls who've noticed shoot me a glare as we pass by.

I've been admiring him for so very long, I never thought I'd have the chance to actually sit down with him.

I slide into the booth, George following quickly behind.

To my surprise he sits directly next to me instead of across from me, trapping me against the wall.

I feel nerves rushing through me as he turns to face me, setting the drink in front of me.

"So, _______....you're a pretty little thing...why don't you tell me about yourself...."

I take a calming drink, letting the alcohol dull my nerves.

"Why are you always alone? Don't you have a man? Friends?"

His questions seem a bit odd, but I answer nonetheless.

"Well, I don't really have anyone. I don't speak with my parents, I have a few friends that I don't talk with much, and a boyfriend? Ha, that's very funny. Men don't even blink an eye if they notice me

"I don't find that very funny..." he leans in closer, head stooping a bit as his lean fingers push my hair behind my ear.

I jump a bit when his lips barely graze my ear, shivering when he whispers, "they're all daft. The lot of 'em. They're all mad if they look past such...exquisite beauty..."

I feel my pulse jump as he comes even closer, his head moving lower until I feel his nose on my neck.

I feel his breath fan across my throat, "you should wear less perfume, it masks your natural scent....the smell of you..."

Sure I've been with a man before...but this....this feels much different...there's something in the way he speaks...something in the way he makes me want to go home with him...

He leans back, dark eyes somehow even darker. "Let me walk you home."

I feel hypnotized as he helps me from the booth, his hand lightly grabbing my wrist as we walk to the outside.

As we walk along the deserted streets in silence I look up at the blackened sky.

Thick clouds block out the light of the moon, giving the earth a shadowed, almost nightmarish feel.

This makes me feel anxious and I look over to George's face, being met with his almost hungry eyes.

Something feels strange...but I can't quite place what...

Suddenly thunder cracks through the sky, loud and foreboding. I jump and grab onto George.

"We better be quick before it starts to rain..." he warns, urging me to walk faster.

Lightning ripples through the sky as we round a corner. "I'm not too far..." I say, picking up my pace even further.

"You can head back to the others, I'll make it home alright."

It thunders again, and it feels like the earth is crumbling beneath our feet.

"I'd rather see you home safe." He replies swiftly, glancing up at the sky.

"It's that white house up the road there.." I say pointing ahead.

"Then lets get to it."

We're lightly jogging at this point, my heart racing from the sudden workout.

We sprint up my stairs to the cover of the porch just in time as the clouds finally break, rain falling in violent torrents.

"Shit..." I pant out, catching my breath, George seems to be perfectly fine still, his breathing even and slow.

I must be really out of shape....

"I love the smell of rain..." he comments, glancing me up and down.

"...thank you for walking me home, George..." I say, gently placing my hand on his lower arm.

"Anything for such a beautiful girl..." he says, eyes looking deep into mine.

"..I...I'd better get going..." I say lamely, breaking our intense eye contact.

"You'd leave me to walk back in this?" He asks, gesturing to the worsening storm, thunder and lightning punctuating his sentence.

I bite my lip, my heart beginning to race again at the thought of being alone in my house with him.

It would be so very thrilling....

He's been very kind, but something still seems off....is it him? Or am I just being loony?

I turn away and fish my key out from under it's hiding place and unlock my door, stepping across the threshold.

I walk a few feet into the house before I realize George is still standing outside.

Strange...

I walk back to the doorframe, "are you coming?"

He appraises me with those mysterious eyes before speaking, "it's impolite to enter one's home without express permission..."

I raise my eyebrows, "oh, I thought that was a given..I'm sorry."

I move aside and sweep my arm in the air, "please come inside, George. You are welcome in my home."

The clouds blocking the moon shift slightly, casting an eerie glow on the dark world.

His shining, deep eyes stare into mine for a moment, while the moon backlights him, making him seem otherworldly.

"....thank you.." he says lowly, a grin stretching across his handsome face, accentuating his cheekbones.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling I've just done something....dangerous...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 213 28
𝐀 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐚𝐮𝐥 𝐌𝐜𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐒𝐦𝐮𝐭𝐬 / 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 / 𝐅𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐬! 𝐓𝐨𝐩 𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬: #𝟏 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐭...
19.9K 410 13
Y/n is John Lennon's younger sister, who's starting to develop a small crush on her best friend George Harrison, who also happens to be one of John's...
789 54 32
𝘚𝘩𝘦'𝘥 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘶𝘱 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢...