π–žπ–”π–š π–Œπ–”π–™ π–’π–Š

Por PARISTEEN

π‹π’π€πž π…πšπ­π‘πžπ« π‹π’π€πž 𝐒𝐨𝐧...𝐨𝐫 π¦πšπ²π›πž 𝐧𝐨𝐭 MΓ‘s

π–žπ–”π–š π–Œπ–”π–™ π–’π–Š
π–ˆπ–”π–•π–žπ–—π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™
π–‰π–Šπ–‰π–Žπ–ˆπ–†π–™π–Žπ–”π–“
π–†π–šπ–™π–π–”π–—π–˜ π–“π–”π–™π–Š
𝔬𝔫𝔒
𝔱𝔴𝔬
𝔱π”₯𝔯𝔒𝔒
𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯
𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔒
𝔰𝔦𝔡
𝔰𝔒𝔳𝔒𝔫
𝔒𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱
𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔒
𝔱𝔒𝔫
𝔒𝔩𝔒𝔳𝔒𝔫
𝔱𝔴𝔒𝔩𝔳𝔒
𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔒𝔒𝔫
𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔒𝔒𝔫
𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔒𝔒𝔫
𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔱𝔒𝔒𝔫
𝔰𝔒𝔳𝔒𝔫𝔱𝔒𝔒𝔫
𝔒𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱𝔒𝔒𝔫
𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔒𝔱𝔒𝔒𝔫
𝔱𝔴𝔒𝔫𝔱𝔢
𝔱𝔴𝔒𝔫𝔱𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔒
𝔱𝔴𝔒𝔫𝔱𝔢 𝔱𝔴𝔬
𝔱𝔴𝔒𝔫𝔱𝔢 𝔱π”₯𝔯𝔒𝔒
𝔱𝔴𝔒𝔫𝔱𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯
𝔱𝔴𝔒𝔫𝔱𝔢 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔒
𝔱𝔴𝔒𝔫𝔱𝔢 𝔰𝔦𝔡
π–Šπ–“π–‰ 𝖔𝖋 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙 π–”π–“π–Š
𝔱𝔴𝔒𝔫𝔱𝔢 𝔰𝔒𝔳𝔒𝔫
𝔱𝔴𝔒𝔫𝔱𝔢 𝔒𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱
𝔱𝔴𝔒𝔫𝔱𝔢 𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔒
𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢
𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔒
𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔱𝔴𝔬
𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔱π”₯𝔯𝔒𝔒
𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯
𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔒
𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔰𝔦𝔡
𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔰𝔒𝔳𝔒𝔫
𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔒𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱
𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔒
𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢
𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔒
𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔱𝔴𝔬
𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔱π”₯𝔯𝔒𝔒
𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯
𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔒
π–Šπ–“π–‰ 𝖔𝖋 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙 π–™π–œπ–”
𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔰𝔦𝔡
𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔰𝔒𝔳𝔒𝔫
𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔒𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱
𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢 𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔒
𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢
𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔒
𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢 𝔱𝔴𝔬
𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢 𝔱π”₯𝔯𝔒𝔒
𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯
𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔒
𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢 𝔰𝔦𝔡
𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢 𝔰𝔒𝔳𝔒𝔫
𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢 𝔒𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱
𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢 𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔒
𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔱𝔢

π–‹π–Žπ–“π–†π–‘π–Š

5K 187 343
Por PARISTEEN

12:21pm | 05/16

So he did it.

He raped her.

He said he didn't and I believed him, I trusted him. I trusted him and come to find out he did it.

He specifically said he never seen her, yet the footage shows something else.

Does this mean he raped the first girl too?

Now that I think about it, that night I got wasted and he brought me to my room, did he rape me too?

no...he wouldn't do that. or would he? right now I don't even know. I don't even know who he is anymore.

The courtroom doors swung open and my dad walked out, followed by Carter and then Masai.

"come" My dad said as he and Carter started to walk down the hall

Masai just stood there as if he were waiting for me but I ignored his presence. I want to black on him right here right now but I know better.

I followed my dad and Carter into a room that looked like a little conference room. Masai was right behind me but I still attempted to shut the door behind me.

Carter started pacing around the room before he leaned against the wall and crossed his arms over his chest.

"explain" He said obviously trying to keep calm

you would think he saw the evidence before the court appearance.

"yes because I'd like to hear this too" I said before taking a seat

"that wasn't me...I swear" He said

ohhhh. we blind I guess.

"I just watched you get on an elevator, and then get off, and you're telling me that wasn't you?" Carter asked

Masai turned to my dad looking for help.

"I have a clone—clones" He said

I started laughing hysterically because that's the funniest thing I've ever heard. A clone?

"he's not lying, it was a theory at first but this confirms it" My dad said nodding his head

I stopped laughing and looked at them both who had serious faces on. Have they lost their minds?

"babe remember that time you and Majesty went to the mall? you thought you seen me with a girl and thought I was cheating on you. well I think that was him"

"I didn't see a face"

"yeah but you were positive it was me right? the hair and body you said"

"that could've just been a coincidence. that's what you said"

He sighed then looked at my dad.

"show him" He said

My dad pulled out his phone and started to go through it before turning his phone towards me. I felt Carter's presence now behind me as well.

We both watched as two masked guys walked around our old apartment. One walked to the camera and pulled off their mask. It was Masai. He then went to the other masked guy and pulled his mask off. Masai again. Two Masai's.

"That time we were in Jamaica and someone broke in, well this was who" My dad said

"but you said it was a system error"

"well at first I thought it was, but then I seen this. I thought it was just graphic effects because no way could there have been two more of him, and he couldn't have broken in when he was with us. but then he told me about the mall thing and that's when we came up with the theory"

"there's someone out there pretending to be me, they're framing me for this" He said

"so there are two people out there that look exactly like you?" I asked

"it seems that way"

"and they raped that girl?"

"well it wasn't me"

"so, how do we know you're...you?" I asked

He got silent and started looking at my dad and Carter.

"I'm me, you can ask all the questions you want" He shrugged

"I think I'd like to know how this is possible. How can there be three of you?" I asked

"I have a theory on that too" My dad said

"a long time ago, when Markus and I were together he was a part of a gang. He and the leader got into it, that's why he got shot the first time. Something happened and that got Storm and I kidnapped, she was only four at the time. I can't get into too much details right now but Storm's life was in danger so I did what I had to do. I killed him. years later, the gang leaders sister then kidnaps Storm, you and me. As well as Markus and Masai. That's when Markus got stabbed. Anyways shit happened, she got caught and went to prison. A few days later we found out she escaped and was coming for us, that's why we first moved and stayed off the grid for a while.

"For some time August was tracking her, and she left breadcrumbs—we're still unsure if she did so on purpose. We came to find out she was working with some guy named Joshua. He's good at doing weird things, for example switching faces of people. Now I don't know if there's any connection but I think she's behind all of this. She had Masai cloned somehow and is trying to ruin his life, all of our lives actually"

This is too much information for me to process right now. I was kidnapped? Masai has clones? People are switching faces?

"okay fuck all that. what are we supposed to do now? go in there and say you have a clone?" Carter asked

Everyone was silent. What can be done?

"I'm having trouble believing this, so the jury sure as hell won't believe it. we can't argue anything else since you're on camera going to her room—well your clone is. which means Wayne's testimony is now useless since the jury won't believe you were playing basketball with him"

"so what now?" Masai asked

"you hired me to win, I'm not about to lose that winning streak now. give me a few minutes" He said before lifting his briefcase up and walking out of the room

"Can we have a moment?" Sai asked my dad

He nodded then followed Carter out.

"I'm sorry" He said once he was gone

I had nothing to say, not because I was upset at him but just because of the whole situation.

"you were right, it was wrong for me to not trust you to tell you what happened. I need you to understand that I can't tell you unless Wayne is okay with it though? if it were up to me I would've told you that night—"

"Sai it's okay. that's forgotten. right now I care about the two people walking around with your face. what happens now?"

"I think you know what happens"

He took my hands into his and motioned for me to stand. He then wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in for a hug.

"take care of yourself okay?" He whispered

"stop"

"babe it's over, imma need you to accept that"

"you don't know that. Carter doesn't lose. it's not over yet"

"you don't believe that, you know you don't believe that. this case was never on my side. they always had the advantage, that video just tipped the ladder all the way. Annalise Keating herself could not win this case, we're in checkmate. whoever's framing me for this thought of everything, I have nothing to help me. you just gotta accept that"

"I can't" I said feeling tears start to form in my eyes

"babe don't cry. you do that and imma start crying too. stay strong...for me"

The door opened and my dad poked his head in.

"recess is over, they want us back in there" He said

Masai nodded then kissed the top of my forehead.

"I left you a voicemail this morning, depending on how this goes listen to it. I love you"

He hooked his finger under my chin and tilted my head up so he could kiss me.

After that we went back into the courtroom. Masai went over to hug his mom who had stayed here before going to take a seat next to Carter.

The trial continued but not in the way we wanted. The school incident even came up at some point. Carter tried his best but there was no way to counter that video. They had two strong arguments. His past and that video—and if you want to get technical the fact that Sai pleaded the fifth. Masai had none. Even though their arguments are circumstantial it's better than what he has.

"Plaintiff's counsel, would you care to make a closing argument to the jury?" The judge asked towards the end

"Your honor, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the evidence you have heard and witnessed yourself proves that Masai King indeed did sexually and physically abuse Mary Murphy. Not only is this his second time in a situation like this, but there's also video evidence that he was on the fourth floor of Mary's hall on the night in question within the timeframe when he claims he was playing basketball. Today you have the opportunity to prevent his next victim from enduring the pain and suffering Miss Murphy has gone through. I ask that you do the ethical thing and help the countless other potential victims"

of course they'd declare him guilty after hearing that, I would too.

"Defense counsel, do you wish to address the jury?" The judge then asked

"Yes, your honor. Now although the DA wants you to believe my client is a rapist, based off of a video and a case that was dismissed years ago that is not the case. This is simply a misunderstanding, a coincidence actually. This is a plot straight from a book. A black male gets framed for raping a white girl. I ask that you don't add to the stereotype. Blacks don't have it easy in a country dominated by whites, it's easy to frame blacks for practically anything in this day in age. All I ask is you do the right thing"

I looked at the jury which was made up of only three blacks. I doubt using the race card will work in this case. Who knows though?

"Jurors, you will now retire to the jury room to deliberate. First pick one of you as the leader of your group. When you have reached a verdict, please let the Bailiff know. Bailiff, please take charge of the jury"

The jury got up to leave the courtroom. I sat there and played with my fingers as I waited for them to come back with a verdict. I heard my dad and Sai's mom conversing but I didn't listen hard enough to hear what they were saying. 

I was lost in my own thoughts about what was about to happen that the jury was back before I knew it.

"Will the jury foreperson please stand? Has the jury reached a unanimous verdict?" The judge asked

One of the black women on the jury stood up.

"Yes, your honor" She said

I felt my heart rate starting to speed up. This is it. This could make or break him.

"On one count of rape in the first degree, we the jury find the defendant, Masai King, guilty"

guilty.

"The court, having heard the evidence, now finds the Jury's verdict to be appropriate and fair to the defendant, the victim, and the community. Mister King, the members of the jury have simply done their duty here this morning. Their decision is a group decision. Do not hold any single person responsible for your sentence, and do not cause any problems for those involved in your case here this morning, or you will find yourself in more trouble.

"I herby sentence you to seven years at Central Correctional Facility. In addition you will have to register as a sex offender for life. The jury is thanked and excused. Court is adjourned" She said before slamming down the gavel

seven years. sex offender.

The guards came up to Masai and began to handcuff him. As they dragged him out he turned to look at me. He gave me a slight smile before mouthing the words 'I got you'.

I stood up and began to walk out of the courtroom. I could barely walk straight as my vision started getting blurry and I was having difficulty breathing.

no way. this isn't happening. no way. no. no. it can't be. no.

I found myself running to the bathroom and locking myself inside a stall. The tears streaming down my face were uncontrollable at this point. 

As I reached for a piece of tissue paper I felt a vibrate in my pocket. I reached for my phone and pulled it out to see a snapchat notification. As I was unlocking my phone I was reminded of what Masai said earlier. The voicemail.

I went to my phone app and to the voicemail tab. I had a few voicemails from him which were about two seconds long each, but one was two minutes long. I clicked on that one and put it one speaker.

"I'm guessing if you're listening to this then shit didn't go as planned. To be honest I expected that though, we barely had any evidence to prove my innocence. Don't feel bad, this is a better punishment than I deserve...honestly. I know you might not feel that way but trust me it is. *Pauses* Carter says I'm looking at up to seven to ten years. By that time you should be graduating law school. I can't have you waiting that long for me, and for that reason I'm breaking up with you. *Pauses* I want you to live your life, be an honor student, but also have fun and some great sex. I can't provide that for you anymore. This might not be the end of us but it definitely is a bookmark in our chapter. Move on, find someone who's unproblematic, someone that treats you right, someone that only puts a smile on your face. You deserve the world and I was hoping I could be the one to give it to you, but maybe not. Just never forget your worth, and don't lose that goodwill of yours which is what I love most about you. and by the way don't go obsessing on ways to try and get me out, I know how obsessive you can be. Just let it be. I love you Micaiah, and remember always, I got you."

I closed the phone app and locked my phone.

"I got you too"

THE END

Seguir leyendo

TambiΓ©n te gustarΓ‘n

109K 1.1K 25
β€’ πšƒπš‘πš’πšœ πš’πšœ 𝚊 πš˜πš—πšŽπšœπš‘πš˜πšπšœ πš‹πš˜πš˜πš” β€’ πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš–πšŠπš’πš— πšπš‘πšŽπš–πšŽ πš’πšœ πšˆπ™°π™Ύπ™Έ/π™Άπ™°πšˆ β€’ π™°πš•πš• πšπš‘πšŽ πšŒπš‘πšŠπš›πšŠπšŒπšπšŽπš›πšœ πš–πšŽπš—πšπš’πš˜πš—πšŽοΏ½...
66K 2.8K 41
π‘«π’†π’‡π’Šπ’π’Šπ’•π’Šπ’π’: (𝒏.) 𝑻𝒉𝒆 π’•π’“π’‚π’π’’π’–π’Šπ’π’Šπ’•π’š π’†π’™π’‘π’†π’“π’Šπ’†π’π’„π’†π’… π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’π’† π’π’Šπ’”π’•π’†π’π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒂 π’ƒπ’–π’π’šπ’” π’„π’‰π’Šπ’Žπ’Šπ’π’ˆ...