Love Comes Unexpected ✔

prettyfangz által

I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into... Több

Welcome Guys!!!
Chapter 1 | The Wedding ✅
Chapter 2 | Emergency ✅
Chapter 3 | Betrayal ✅
Chapter 4 | Meeting ✅
Chapter 5 | First Day✅
Chapter 6 | Coincidence✅
Chapter 7 | After Wedding Party✅
Chapter 8 | Kiss me! ✅
Chapter 9 | Dilemma ✅
Chapter 10 | Arrival✅
Congrats!!
Chapter 12 | Reveal✅
Chapter 13 | Emotion swap✅
Chapter 14 | Mislead✅
Chapter 15 | Suspect✅
Chapter 16 | Disguised✅
Chapter 17 | Escape plan✅
Chapter 18 | In vain✅
Chapter 19 | Almost✅
Chapter 20 | Home!✅
Chapter 21 | Fresh start✅
Chapter 22 | Surprise visit✅
Not an Update
Chapter 23 | Vague Love✅
Chapter 24 | Girls chat✅
Chapter 25 | Honeymoon Romance✅
Chapter 26 | Make Up✅
Chapter 27 | Make Up II ✅
Chapter 28 | Surprises Over Surprises✅
Chapter 29 | Confessions✅
It's ME!
Chapter 30 | In Your Arms ✅
Chapter 31 | Afterglow✅
Chapter 32 | Nothing Lasts✅
Chapter 33 | True Intentions ✅
Chapter 34 | No More✅
Your Vote!
OMG GUYS...
Chapter 35 | New lives✅
Chapter 36 | Decisions✅
Chapter 37 | Revelation✅
Chapter 38 | Ice Melts✅
Chapter 39 | Love Comes Unexpected! ✅
Um hi
BONUS I | Hopeless Romantic✅
BONUS II | Hates Me, Hates Me Not ✅
BONUS III | We Belong Together ✅
New Book Everybody!

Chapter 11 | The Return ✅

25.9K 955 92
prettyfangz által

Word count: 1519

(Beware cause this chapter is full of cuteness😍)

《《《《《

SAMANTHA WALKER

"Can you stop dragging me around? I can walk!" I yelled at Nathan, yanking my wrist away from his strong grip.

He sighed and turned back to look at me.

"Can you just calm down and tell me what happened?"

I crossed my arms across my chest and shook my head as a 'no'.

He stepped closer, toe to toe, right in front of me. He looked into my eyes and stared for a few minutes, then grabbed my hands in his.

"Samantha. You know how much I love and respect mother, don't you? I don't want you to get into any trouble with her. Please." He said softly, rubbing circles on the back of my hand.

"I'm not getting into trouble with her. She's your mom yadayadayada but I didn't do anything wrong."

"But you-" He opened his mouth to say something. But I quickly cut him in saying,

"No! If she's gonna act like that, I will stand up for myself!"

"What happened, baby. What did she do?"

■□■□■□■□■□■

A few hours ago

I'm so happy brother came back. I saw my newborn nephew's photo, he was so cute!

He came back after 6 years! Sometimes I wonder if he even remembers us.

Sigh.

He's too busy with his family and work. Now that he's back I'm not letting him leave for a while!

He came to the company today. He's staying at our mansion with our parents. Maybe I'll visit them tomorrow.

He said he just visited Nathan and Jasper before visiting me.

After a long chat, I dumped all my work on him and ran away! That's his punishment for not visiting us for 6 years! (which I'm very sure he didn't do and asked dad or the manager for help.)

I went back home with a huge smile on my face.

As I walked up to my room, Nathan's mom and aunt asked me to come to join them in the living hall, where they were seated.

We did have a good chat, I guess. We talked about clothes, makeup, business, and some other boring stuff. And somehow, the topic changed to our husbands, and that's when the drama began.

"And I never got a chance to say this, but I'm sorry for what happened to you, Samantha," said Nathan's aunt in an apologetic way.

"It's alright, Gabriela. It doesn't matter anymore." I answered, starting to get annoyed with the same topic all over again.

Why can't people just forget it? It's not like I'm regretting or anything.

I mean besides the fact I want him, he hasn't fucked up anything yet and things are pretty smooth. I'm happy.

And maybe even a little, okay, a lot glad that I didn't marry Ethan.

Ethan and I went out a few times during school, but it was mostly because Nathan would just beat up the other guys and I had to annoy him somehow.

It's pretty embarrassing and immature when I think of shit we did to annoy each other back then.

"Oh no, darling. It's not alright. I know how much happier you would have been if you would have married Ethan." What. The. Fuck.

"We all hoped you would end up with Ethan, but fate had something else written." She sighed and continued.

I knew about her shit with my husband but I thought it was because of his 'annoying teenager' stage. But what's up with her saying shit even after all these years, considering all the responsibilities shoved upon him for this family.

"I love both my sons. But I was always so worried he would never settle down and continue his manwhore ways. That's why I'm sorry you ended up with him."

That's it. I'm done taking her shit.

Who the hell does she think, she is? I mean did she just call her son a whore?

When we all know who the actual playboy is...

I opened my mouth to shut her up, but before I could say something, a voice interrupted me, "Samantha."

"Sorry, mother. I'll have to borrow my wife for some time."

With that, Nathan pulled me up and dragged me into our room.

■□■□■□■□■□■

Now

After finishing my explanation, I waited for him to react.

I know he would take up his mother's side and try to make up reasons for her, but that isn't gonna stop me this time.

He's gonna do the good guy thing, nope. I'm not up for it. An asshole is better than a coward.

He paused for a moment, then slowly the corners of his lips raised. His eyes warmth and something I don't understand. He was beaming at me.

That look on his face struck something at my heart and my throat went dry.

He lost his nut or what?

"Can you stop smiling? This isn't funny, you moron!" How is he looking all warm and fuzzy when I just told his mum called him a whore? He's nuts!

"You wanted to defend me."

"Huh?" I stopped, blinking at his stupid face.

"Baby, you wanted to defend me." He said, still smiling. And it was beautiful.

It's those rare moments where I do shit I don't realize and I get that in return and just like that I melt into a puddle and my brain stops functioning.

"What? No...no, that's not the point..." I mumbled, suddenly feeling embarrassed and vulnerable in this situation. When he looks at me like that.

"That is the point."

"No, it's not!"

"She's my mother. She can say whatever she wants about me."

"No, she can't. How can you be okay with that?"

"Yes, she can." He said, ignoring my other question.

"She insulted me by insulting you!"

"Why do you care anyway?"

"Why won't I care?! You're my-" Oh, shit. I closed my mouth shut.

His smile widened and he raised an eyebrow daring me to defy him. I wanted to. So badly.

But I'm scared I'm gonna say something stupid again.

The son of a bitch looks very satisfied with himself. Asshole.

"Uh, I mean...ugh...forget it, okay," I grumbled.

I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest.

Shit. Fuck.

He buried his face in my hair, arms enclosing around me, and whispered into my ear,

"I thought things between us were getting better, is this how your gonna lie and ruin it?" I can feel him smiling against my ears, his fingers gently raking through my hair.

I didn't reply.

This is exactly the situation I didn't wanna get into, cause I know I melt when he says shit like that.

"You gonna give up resisting me now?" His lips barely touching my ears.

Thump thump thump

My heart skipped a beat as he tightened his hold on me.

I had a few boyfriends in schools and colleges, but it was never serious and I didn't get this close with any of them.

This emotional connection. It's new, it's different. And so damn scary.

Finally, he pulled away from me, only to cover my cheeks with his palms.

"You have no idea how hot you getting all protective is, but you don't have to. Not when it comes her." He said softly, making me frown and pout at the same time.

He chuckled and continued,

"She has all the rights to complain, cause she's my mother. And I would be even happier if you stop frowning and not take mother's words to your heart, kay?"

Again, I didn't respond and crossed my hands over my chest.

"Alright, then. I'm gonna kiss you now."

What? Did I hear that right?

"Huh?"

He simply shrugged and said,

"It's been a while, and the timing seems right."

The nerve of this guy!

Just when he leaned forward to kiss me, I ducked down and ran out of the room, a laugh springing out of me.

And yeah, he was surprised, but quickly got over it and chased me down the hall. Thankfully, there was no one around to witness our childish behavior.

"Why are you chasing me, dammit?!" I screamed, standing across the dining table.

He stood on the opposite, like a predator ready to pounce on his prey, "Why are you running?"

I don't know, but the glint of mischief in his eyes makes me want to.

I turned, running down the hallway to only stop due to the shock of seeing him.

What the hell is he doing here?

He looked like shit.

His hair was sticking out, on all sides. He was just in a t-shirt and shorts. Did he run all the way here? He looked like he's about to burst into tears any moment.

Something was wrong.

"Ethan?"

》》》》》

This is the longest chapter I've written until now.

So, what do guys think happened? Why is Ethan back?

What about Venesa?

Comment, vote, and share guys!!

xoxo

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

269K 2K 11
"Tell me, Eleanor, do you like seeing me like this? Do you like seeing me angry with you?" he yells, banging the spot above my head. I keep my mouth...
1.8M 80.9K 51
"Stop pretending. Boyfriend, right? With whom you'll be hanging out once Eth and your Dad are gone." I stared at him in disbelief. "What more things...
17.4K 735 35
"I won't let him look at you, touch you, feel you. Because you're mine and I don't like others touching and stealing what's mine," he whispered in my...
4.7M 124K 59
(Completed) Carrying the bag pack, I run. I run from the man I love. The man who is the father of my unborn children. I brush past the security check...