3 | 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐃 ▹ LOKI LAUFE...

By -vxlkyries

" this is the start of how it all ends " In which the god of mischief and the harbinger must face the twil... More

DOOMED
CAST + PLAYLIST
PART I : OF DESTINY AND DOOM
i. the norns
ii. the king
iii. the vision
oo. note - future works
iv. the defiance
vi. the lie
vii. the escape
viii. the twilight
ix. the reunion
x. the order
PART II : OF FIRE AND LIGHTNING
xi. the harbinger
xii. the ultimatum
xiii. the gift
xiv. the call
xv. the stronghold
xvi. the truce
xvii. the queen
xviii. the exodus

v. the prodigal

1.3K 101 20
By -vxlkyries

As I'm sure you've noticed, Wattpad had a glitch where users did not receive any update notifications. So you might not have seen where I published a new chapter last week.

If you didn't see it, be sure to read the previous chapter "The Defiance" now!

A M O R A

Amora opened her eyes to see the inside of a ship and gave a sigh of relief.

It worked. This was certainly not her first time projecting her consciousness elsewhere, but she had never done it from Yggdrasil before. And she had never projected herself onto a moving ship.

Although, Amora's smile disappeared as soon as a blade appeared at her throat.

"How did you get on my ship?" a low voice asked.

Amora raised her hands as Nebula circled around her. She glanced around the ship. It was clear that the blue assassin was no longer with Thanos. This ship was old, hardly something that would be in the Titan's fleet.

"I'm not...actually here," Amora said carefully.

"What are you talking about?"

Amora inched her hand closer to the blade pointed at her neck. Nebula started to flinch away, but she stopped when Amora's hand only passed through it.

Nebula lowered her blade and regarded her with narrowed eyes. "You're Asgardian."

"Yes. My name is Amora." She lowered her hands. "I'm a witch."

Witch. Her own word surprised Amora. She had always hated it, never using it willingly.

Perhaps that was what she really was now.

A flicker of recognition flashed across Nebula's face, and her grip on her weapon tightened. "You're the one that Thanos sent us to retrieve years ago."

"Yes, but I'm not here to hurt you," Amora said quickly.

Nebula huffed our a short laugh. "You couldn't if you tried."

Amora pressed her lips together. This one was certainly difficult to reason with. Although, she supposed this was better than being killed.

"I need your help."

"What makes you think I'd help you?" Nebula scoffed. "What would you need my help with?"

"Killing Thanos."

Nebula straightened. Her black eyes scanned Amora's face before relaxing.

"You will not kill Thanos," Nebula spoke, "I will kill Thanos. I swore that I would hunt my father down like a dog, and that is what I intend to do."

Amora smiled. "That's why I'm here."

The corner of Nebula's lip twitched up. Amora started to sit down, but stopped. She was just a projection; she would probably pass through the seat if she tried.

Instead, Amora just folded her hands in front of herself. "This is hard to explain, but I've been staying with ancient witches that...shape fate. Your fate and Thanos's fate are tightly intertwined."

"That's no surprise." Nebula crossed her arms and glanced away. "Does that mean I'll die with him?"

"No." Amora's eyes widened. "No, it just means that you can influence his fate...and he can influence yours."

"So that means I can kill him."

"Possibly."

Nebula nodded, taking in the sorceress's words. "I will," she said firmly.

Amora sighed, a grin breaking across her face. This was working. This could actually happen.

Suddenly, her grin faltered. "What happened to Gamora?"

The last time she had seen Gamora, the assassin had just burned the map to the Soul Stone and was going back to her father.

"She's alive." Nebula looked down at the floor. "She has a new family now."

"Oh." Amora smiled. "That's good to hear."

"They're a bunch of fools," Nebula muttered, "They'll probably get her killed."

Amora's smile faded. "I'm sure you can be a part of it," the sorceress murmured.

Nebula stiffened. "I don't need them, and I don't need Gamora."

After a beat, the assassin sighed. "Gamora offered me a place among them, but I left."

"Why?"

Nebula's head snapped back up. "To kill Thanos."

A silence fell as Amora watched the blue woman. Nebula did not press for any more conversation, rubbing the mechanical wrist of one hand.

Amora shivered. The condition that Thanos had left Loki in was unbearable to see. She could not imagine what a lifetime of torture would have been like for Nebula.

"You're going back to face your tormentor," she spoke, "That's very noble."

Nebula scoffed. "It's not noble. Thanos took everything from me. Now I'm going to do the same to him. There's hardly anything noble in revenge."

A small frown formed on Nebula's face. "How do I know that this won't be another failed mission?"

Amora rolled up her sleeve and held out her arm. The brand on it still stung.

"I marked you for fortune." She shrugged and gave a wry smile. "It wasn't very fortunate for me."

"So I was never meant to have fortune."

Amora opened her mouth, but she paused. Nebula's past had been made of anything but fortune. Although, she was alive and free from Thanos's grasp.

"Well, you have it now. I hope you use it wisely."

Amora rolled her sleeve back down. "I should be going."

She held out a hand to the assassin.

Nebula glanced down at the hand and started to reach out with her mechanical one, but she stopped. "I thought you said you weren't really here."

"Oh." Amora looked down at her hand and laughed at herself under her breath. "Yeah, you're right."

She drew her hand back. "Good luck."

Nebula gave a nod. "You too."

Taking a deep breath, Amora blinked and found herself under the trees back on Yggdrasil. She looked around, but there was no sign of the Norns.

Starting back towards the Yggdrasil tree, Amora felt her heart begin to beat faster. She had made some actual progress—some actual good—and she had managed to do it without the Norns noticing.

When Amora reached the great ash tree, Verdandi saw her and waved her over to where the witches were gathered.

"Did you enjoy your visit?" Verdandi asked.

Amora froze. She looked to Urd, but the woman only raised an eyebrow. Skuld seemed less than pleased, her face a cool mask.

"I...how did you know?"

Verdandi let out a short laugh. "Did you think I wouldn't see you appear in that ship?"

"You saw me?" Amora said, her eyes wide, "But you would have had to look at where I was going."

Verdandi tilted her head, giving Amora an amused smile. "I see everything, dear. All the time. Who do you think gave Asgard's gatekeeper his abilities?"

Amora's face flushed, and she closed her eyes. Of course. How could she be so stupid?

She lowered her head. "Am I to be banished now?"

She had been training with them for almost a year now. To have to leave now would feel like a waste.

"What?" Skuld asked, furrowing her brow, "Of course not."

"This isn't Asgard," Urd said, "And we certainly aren't Odin."

Amora gave a relieved sigh. "Thank you."

Skuld took a step towards Amora and held out her hand. "Show me your arm."

The brand had nearly slipped Amora's mind. The pain had faded almost completely.

She rolled up her sleeve; the sight of the brand made Amora cringe. It was an ugly mark and a clear reminder of her failed attempt.

Skuld took the arm in her hands and examined it, giving a faint hum under her breath.

"I'm sorry," Amora spoke, "for any damage I might have caused...to the tree." She was quick to add the last part; she was not sorry for everything.

Skuld released the sorceress's arm and straightened. "Don't be. You did well. Which is surprising, considering how terrible your practices have been."

Amora frowned and looked down at her arm. "Then what is this mark for?"

"It is the price that is paid when fate is not properly balanced. If you mark a being for something they don't deserve, you get the brand. If you don't mark them for what is called for, you get the brand."

Skuld turned on her heel and started toward Yggdrasil. "Come."

Amora scrambled to follow her. "What is it?"

The Norn stopped at the great tree and looked at Amora with a small smile. "I'm going to show you how to do it right."

* * *

Alright! After considering your votes, I've decided to start on the Bucky Barnes fic!

I'm planning on posting the introductory chapters within the next week. Click that follow button to get notifications as soon as it's published!

Thanks so much for the feedback and support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 421 17
Y/n finds herself in a complicated relationship with The God of Mischief, Loki Laufeyson. What starts off as flirting turns into something much more
33.4K 668 27
WARRIORS | "As a child you would wait And watch from far away But you always knew that you'd...
299K 15.8K 35
BOOK 3. Trapped in Asgard after Odin's apparent death, Anna chooses an unlikely ally in her attempt to find Loki. While the realm is sealed from the...
132K 4.3K 67
Loki Laufeyson. The story of attempted redemption, heroism, villainy, heartache and love as a mad Titan threatens the entirety of existance. A full...