Lunar Eclipse

By okayletsbesirius

Life has been crazy. With James and Albus running around, Harry and Ginny decide two is enough. But what happ... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
UPDATE: NOT AN ACTUAL CHAPTER, SORRY!!!!
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
AUTHOR'S NOTE-- NOT AN ACTUAL UPDATE, SORRY
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven

Chapter Twenty

8.1K 101 57
By okayletsbesirius

"What's going on?" Ginny asked as her husband grabbed her hand and pulled her down the corridor.

A taunting look appeared on Harry's face as he pulled her into a dark room, closing the door behind them.

"I want to show you something."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"What are you doing?" Ginny asked, clutching Harry's hand with one hand as she fumbled to find her wand with the other.

"Trust me," Harry guided her across the room until they reached a small cot. He helped her lie down on it, before the lights flipped on, and a Medi-witch walked into the room.

"Mrs. Ginevra Potter?" She asked, glancing down at the parchment she was holding.

"Yes, that's me," Ginny replied, looking at Harry in curiosity.

"Alright, I'm just going to cast this charm. Hold still please, and be aware that this will tickle a bit," the witch said, pointing her wand at Ginny's belly and mumbling a spell. An image projected itself on the screen to Ginny's left, showing the very small, almost invisible image on the screen.

Ginny let out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding.

"I believe you're about a month pregnant?"

"Yes. Yes, that's about right," Ginny nodded, grasping at Harry's hand.

"Well, that's very early on, and you may not be able to see the baby at all, as it is only the size of a poppy seed."

"A poppy seed," Harry breathed, "that's so small."

"Is this your first?" The witch asked, jotting something down on the parchment.

"Third," Harry and Ginny said in unison, laughing.

"Well I'm glad you two are still so excited," the Medi-witch gave them a kind smile.

"I've never seen an ultrasound image this early on," Ginny commented, explaining their awe. "My other two, I was almost two months along before I even found out I was pregnant."

"Well, congratulations. We will see you two back in a month's time. I'll keep the image up on the screen for as long as you're in here. Just see yourselves out when you're ready," the witch gave them one last smile before exiting the room.

"Our little poppy seed," Harry said, placing his hand over Ginny's, which was resting on her flat stomach. "If we didn't already have a name picked out for a baby girl, I would say that's what we could name her. After all, Poppy Pompfrey was like a grandmother to me."

He chuckled, and Ginny placed a hand on his cheek, brushing her thumb along his stubbled jaw.

"We could call the baby Poppy until we either find out the gender, or until he or she is born," Ginny suggested. "That way we don't have to always call it... well, 'it'."

"I would love that," Harry grinned­.

"And I love you," Ginny whispered, leaning her forehead against his.

"I love you too," he lovingly kissed her nose, making her giggle.

"Now let's get home to those two boys so that Neville and Hannah can leave and come see Ron, Hermione and Hugo."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

(THREE WEEKS LATER)

"Harry can you get that?" Ginny hollered down the stairs as the doorbell sounded.

Harry set down the ornament he was holding.

"James, wait for me to come back before you hang anymore, okay?" Harry said, raising an eyebrow at his son. They had been in the process of decorating the Christmas tree, and he knew that without supervision, James would try to hang the expensive, glass ornaments that they never put on the tree because the boys were too young. However, James had always been drawn to them and every year would try to put them up.

"Snuffles, you're in charge," Harry pointed at the big black dog that had been laying faithfully at Harry's feet. Snuffles snorted in response, and got up and promptly sat down on James' feet as Harry made his way out of the room.

As Harry opened the front door, he was shocked to see who was waiting on the stoop.

"Malfoy?" Harry asked, shocked. However, he was even more shocked when the blonde turned around and Harry noticed his tear streaked face. Glancing back into the house one more to check on James, Harry made his way out onto the front step, closing the door behind him.

"What's going on? Are Scorpius and Astoria okay?" Harry asked, crossing his arms tightly in front of his body to protect his body from the cold wind that was blowing straight through his cable knit sweater.

"Yes, they're fine," Malfoy began before stopping. "That's a lie. It's Astoria...."

He stopped, his voice choking on another round of tears that threatened to appear.

"I'm sorry, this is absolute shit. You have no reason to deal with me like this after how much of an arse I've been to you in the past," Draco scoffed, shaking his head.

"Draco," Harry placed a hand on the blonde's shoulder, keeping him from walking away. "What's going on with Astoria?"

"She's been ill. Very ill. We went to St. Mungo's to try to figure out what was going on and..." he choked on a sob that had managed to escape the armored dam that Draco had put up. Harry patiently waited for the next words Draco was about to say, but he had never prepared himself for the ones that came.

"They say it's a blood curse."

Harry's hand dropped to his side as he recalled what he knew about blood curses.

"They think it's a result of having Scorpius. She's been so weak..." Draco continued, rambling. "That's why they say she had the miscarriages before him. It was her body trying to protect her. This is all my fault. She wanted a baby and I said it wasn't the best idea, but she really wanted one and..."

"Draco," Harry stopped him. "This is not your fault. And it's going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay."

"She knew she was sick," Draco blurted. "She knew. She knew what having a baby could do to her, but she didn't want me to be alone after she dies. She was planning for my future... without her."

Harry sucked in a deep breath.

"Okay, give me one minute. Stay here," he gave Draco's shoulder a reassuring pat, before reentering the house, and bounding up the stairs where Ginny sitting, legs tucked under her and bent over a notepad, working on an article for the newspaper.

"Malfoy is here," Harry said, making her set her quill down and sit up straight.

"What? Why?" She asked, pulling her disheveled hair into a messy pony tail and standing up.

"It's Astoria. Gin, he's really hurting."

"Oh Merlin," Ginny placed a hand over her heart. Never in a million years did she think her heart would hurt thinking about Draco Malfoy in pain, but she and Astoria were friends and she knew that Harry had been trying to put his feelings aside in the best interest for his sons.

"I'll go put on a tea kettle, and we can get this taken care of," Ginny stated, reminding Harry eerily of Molly when she was in mother hen mode.

"Alright, I'll go let him know," Harry said.

"Oh, and for heaven's sakes, Harry, let him in out of the cold."

(A/N: Okay yeah that was a really crappy end to the chapter, but that's okay. This will probably be the last update I will make during this school year!!!! Yay!! Hopefully I will have updates for several different stories coming out fairly often over the summer, but I also have a total of four part time jobs right now that may keep me from putting out new chapters super duper rapidly, but we will see! I'm having surgery in 9 days on my knee, so that'll keep me down and probably very bored for a few days so I'll try to write then! Make sure to read some of my other stories, and check out some of the non- Harry Potter stories too! My personal favorites include You Go Girl (event though I really need to update :/ whoops), All My Lasts, and I will be coming out with a new story soon called "Only Human" so make sure to check those out too! As always, thank you for reading and I hope you are enjoying!!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 3.7K 21
After James Sirius Potter is born, Ginny and Harry hardly have time to breathe. One weekend when Molly and Arthur watch James, things get a little st...
323K 7.6K 15
James Sirius Potter knew he was not supposed to be in his Dad's study, but when James gets curious nothing can stop him. Well, nothing except his ann...
27.6K 678 17
First I want to make it clear I DO NOT own the cover I found it on google!! ❤️❤️ I have Dislexia and English isn't my first language so I'm sorry ab...
203K 5.7K 144
❝FRIENDS CAN BREAK YOUR HEART TOO❞ [teddy lupin X lily luna potter] [scorpius malfoy X albus potter] [cover by @kellyclarito] [COMPLETED] © voidanya ...