FORREST- A journey into the w...

By crackheadDJ

Charlotte Winters. Nineteen. Good 5'6. Brunette. Tough but sensitive at the same time. Straightforward but eq... More

Chapter 2.

Chapter 1.

44 11 40
By crackheadDJ

Please read:

Hey guys! Welcome to third story. I hope there arent many mistakes (please tell me if there are any) and I hope you enjoy it to the end. I will be posting two or three times a week but more frequently at first. Do tell me how the first chapter was in the comments section, also if you have any questions regarding the story. Please vote and comment on my story. Share it with your friends too ;)

Love y'all,

💜

K.✌

--------------------------

Charlotte:

"DAD!"

.

"Charlie, hurry! Call an ambulance!"

.

"Dad, hang in there, please!"

.

"Help me pick him up, Joey!"

.

"Sir, we got an Emergency here."

.

"Check the pulse, quick"

.

"Over there! Lay him down there!"

.

"We'll try to do our best, Sir."

.

.

.

"I'm really sorry, sir, but we couldn't help him."

________________________________

Half a month later :

"I can't believe he fucking did this!", Joey shouted.

"Joey."

"Sorry, dad. But this was so great but so not cool at the same time", he exclaimed, eyes shining bright, trying to contain his increasing excitement.

"What is so great, Joey? Your dad lost his father", Mom sighed, glancing pitifully at dad who had zoned out now, his eyes reflecting sorrow.

She subtly elbowed Cindy, but it couldn't go unnoticed by me.

"Yeah dad, we're all very upset too. Don't be too hard on yourself." Cindy pouted. I had seen such hoaxes enough number of times that I could guess what was going to be presented next.

honey, you still have us.

"Oh honey, you still have us. You should just let it go", she touched his arm, then looked up to shoot me a secretive glare.

Ah shit, here we go again.

"Yes, dad. They're absouletly right. Gran'pa probably wanted this too which was why he planned this for us." I said, hating the way my voice changed automatically as I mentioned Gran'pa. He was one of the few people who adored me. But saying such things at the demand of mom, made me feel like I was one of them- Fake ass bitches, makeup caked faces and sugar coated voices to complete the package.

My eyes met with the three faces in front of us, starting at us, their eyes curiously following our every move.

The fourth one looked the least bothered. Actually, he looked like he'd be anywhere rather than here.

Me too, pal.

But I definitely wanted this vacation to be a blast. And I was not going to let my stupid excuse of a family ruin it for me.

Thank you, Gran'pa, for making it able for us to depart separately.

So apparently, my grandfather was the heir to a huge amount of wealth from his father. But he didn't want to give it all to my dad. Probably because he knew what kind of a woman my stepmother is.

So he decided to split the money equally for everyone. He arranged this agency to be our access to the money so no one took advantage of it.

We could go our own ways or whatever but we couldn't use the money unless we certified it's use and blah blah.

Everyone was on vacation except for dad, so we were planning to spend it outside of Aberdeen. He was leaving for London for business purposes and mom was to accompany him. One of the three people stood up and opened his mouth to speak when my dad cut him off.

"We won't be needing the money for now, so you can stay. We'll contact Mr. Jones later on", he said, took one glance at me and my stepsiblings and turned to leave.
Mom looked surprised but hurriedly kissed Joey and Cindy's forehead with a "stay safe" and "call me" before rushing out after him, not even sparing me a glance.

I scoffed.

Who cares anyway?

But why did my heart do a painful somersault just now?

For God's sake, Charlie, grow up.

I felt someone's stare and looked up to notice the fourth dude looking at me. His eyes were literally turned to slits and it looked like he was glaring at me. He seemed quite tall with extremely long legs and wore a black tux.

I raised a brow, but he didn't budge.

So I looked away and pretended that never happened.

And I am NOT embarrassed that everyone saw me do it.

"So, where you gonna take your slutty ass to, Charlie?", Joey smirked at me.

"It's fun seeing you talk about things you don't understand, kiddo. Put on your diapers and get going," I smiled at him, my hands sweating due to the eyes on me. I knew very well what could happen if I let my mouth on loose but I had enough self respect to not let him insult me in front of strangers.

"Just you wait, bitch, you don't know what I can do to you. Cindy, if mom asks, tell her I went to hell", Joey sneered at me and beckoned the only female agent over.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I am the one assigned to you",one of them, a young man with a total boyish look explained to Joey.

"Who said you get to decide that? I chose her so she will be accompanying me. If you have a problem with that, well then, keep it with you", he fake smiled at the Agent. "Let's go, babe", he grabbed the girl's arm and took her with him while she looked back at her co-workers, with a mixed expression.

We all watched them leave after which the Cindy asked who was the one to accompany her, glancing a flirty look to the guy with black hair, who didn't budge this time either.

What is he, a rock?

"Um..It's me, Miss", the other good looking guy beside him said.

"What about you? Are you assigned to her?", she asked the black haired guy, pointing at me.

"Yes. Unless she denies."

"If she does, would you come with me?", she asked giving me a pointed look. Oh she's so going to make me say no to him. This is actually getting pretty funny.

"No."

"You know what? You've got a ton of attitude just like her, so I am NOT choosing you. Do you hear me?" She shouted and honestly I was totally embarrassed to have a sister this petty.

Like what is she, a three year old? And what is this, a dating game?

She stormed out, the guy following immediately, while struggling to catch the keys to a Mercedes she hurled at him.

I smiled awkwardly at the two agents left.

"Sorry about that, she's a bit um,-"

"Nobody cares."

Nobody cares, Charlie.

My hands clenched on reflex on hearing that sentence.

They aren't even here but my stupid brain can't stop pulling at those memories. They're like stuck with me. Forever. I won't get rid of them. I can't.

Fuck me.

"So uh, I'll be um, spending the night at my best friends so uh, see you tomorrow then. Yeah", I stammered to them and turned to leave.

Phil's gonna be mad when he hears I'm not spending the vacation with him.

I turned the corner and stopped after hearing footsteps.

"Why are following me?"

I turned to see the black haired guy-

wait why is he still 'the black haired guy'

"What's your name?"

His facial expressions didn't change but there was surprise evident in his eyes.

Why would he be surprised?

"Forrest."

"What? Forest? Never heard of it before."

"It's rare", he said.

"Alright but I don't need you right now. I'm visiting a friend as I told you. So let's meet tomorrow, okay?", I elaborated.

"Just one friend?"

Okay. That wasn't what I expected.

"That's none of your business."

"It is, Miss. Winters. I'm supposed to know the important things about you", his eyes bore into mine as he said that.

"Fine. Yes just one. But I also have other friends too, you know. I'm just not meeting them today." I mumbled, gazing down at my shoes.

I looked up to see the hint of curve at the corner of his lips disappear within a second.

Do I look funny to him?

"No."

"Actually, yes."

My face burned as I turned around and stomped my way out of the "Jones' " building, him following after me.

"Do you really have to go with me? Like can you not enjoy your night at a club or do whatever you like when I'm giving you the time off?", I mused when we were outside, my voice increasing to overcome the traffic noise outside.

He deadpanned at me.

I threw up my hands in frustration and hailed a cab.

Yes, I travelled with cabs and my personal driver, Philip. Just kidding, he's my best friend.

For those asking, or not, It's because I failed my license tests.
Yes, TESTS because it was thrice.

I don't deserve to drive the beauties my grandfather had in a collection. They'll probably get sold out before my vacation ends.
Mom just needs excuses to make money. She doesn't even work.

Speaking of which I need to get a more effective part time job. I can't be totally depended on Gran'pa's or dad's money. My current job pays lesser than what teens these days spend in an hour.

I know. My life's pathetic.

My train of thoughts ended as we got off the cab and glanced at the beautiful one storey bungalow my friend own.

Charlie, be ready to get hurled off a cliff.

_________________

Sorry if it was too short. I'll make sure to write long enough next time :)

💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1M 303K 53
Anna Krause is in her senior year and more than ready to leave high school behind and start a new, fresh life without homework. What she didn't expec...
3.9M 165K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
192K 4.2K 27
"I only fuck girls who want to be fucked, flipped over and banged, Sunshine and..." "And that's what I want, daddy. Exactly what I want from you." * ...
823K 68.9K 34
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...