hit or miss. | vmon.

By KpopOfTheThing

【Completed】 ~ tiktok vmon au. ~ namjoon is basically the worlds sweetest tiktok e-boy. taehyung is basically... More

Chapt. 1 - How I Fell In-Love
Chapt. 2 - First Move
Chapt. 3 - Lets Meet
Chapt. 4 - Saturday 6 PM
Chapt. 5 - Movie Date
Chapt. 6 - A Song For You
Chapt. 7 - Unexpected
Chapt. 9 - Memory Lane
Chapt. 10 - It's Better Not To Start Anything Now
Chapt. 11 - Please Wait For Me
Chapt. 12 - Goodbye Pt. 1
Chapt. 12 - Goodbye Pt. 2

Chapt. 8 - We'll Meet Again, I Promise

31 3 4
By KpopOfTheThing

Taehyung's P.O.V.

  I laughed a bit at Joon's face. All I could read from his face before laughing was mixture of fear, embarrassment and some 'the fuck' in there.

  This is gonna be a fun 2 weeks.

  "What? It looked like you were trying to steal my stuff. My mom could've came in and been like 'Oh nO aRe yoU steAliNG fROm mY sON???' Or something like that."

  Joon started laughing and I laughed along with him.

  "No, no, no!! I wasn't trying to steal anything, I was just curious, I swear!"

  "Mhm, that's what they all say." I suspiciously looked at Joon. I unconsciously started leaning into Joon and I almost fell on him.

  "Woah are you that thirsty for me?"

  "No, and if I was you still wouldn't know."

  "How can you be so sure about that?"

  "I have my ways."

  "Alright then, if you say so."

  "Anyways, I see you were looking at my saxophone, yeah?"

  "Oh, yeah. I wondered what that was, I can really only identify like 2 instruments at first glance, and Saxophone's not one of them."

  "I see, I can play something on it if you want."

  "Oh, what songs do you know how to play?"

  "Mainly English songs, I don't know the lyrics too well but I can play them nonetheless. I can play some other ones though."

  "Oh, I see. Elaborate on the other songs you can play, ."

  "Some kpop, jpop, the mainstream stuff that apparently people like. I can play them on the digital piano, too."

  "Ohhh, can you play something on the piano?"

  "Sure, pick a song."

  I turned on my digital piano and played around with the volume and such.

  "Also, what do you mean by 'digital piano'? I don't really know much about music stuff."

  "It's basically a keyboard with weighted keys or something. Otherwise, I'm not really sure of the difference but you can look that stuff up later or something."

  "I see, well do you know how to play Coffee by Beabadoobee? It's not exactly mainstream or well known, but it's a really nice song. Despite it being in English, I've memorized the lyrics, so I could try to sing along."

  "Really? English is hard to learn.. How did you learn it?"

  "American TV shows and such.." He let out a shy laugh. I could tell he was embarrassed but honestly, that's hella impressive.

  I tried watching a 2 minute video that was in English, I understood nothing and learned nothing.

  Not to mention, our foreign language classes in school barely help.

  "Damn, I wish I was that smart. I only know a few words in English."

  "What words do you know?"

  "..I only know profanities and weird shit."

  I slightly blushed a bit in embarrassment. Actually, I probably turned as red as my curtains, which were red with a bit or orange in them. Joon started laughing a bit, too.

  My English abilities are pathetic compared to Joon's.

  "A-Anyways, yeah I know how to play it on my digital piano. Saxophone, it's a bit hard. At least for me it is."  

  Joon slowly stopped laughing and smiled at me.

  Hey, he has dimples!

  I just noticed that, how cute.

  "Can you play it?"

  "Sure."

  I start playing the song and Joon started singing along. It was nice and calm, it's been a while since I've played a calm song, let alone have someone sing along.

  It's like a new experience.

  I like it.

  I smiled while playing and lost track of time, and soon, I finished the song.

  "Any other requests?"

  Joon told me songs to play, and if I knew them, I'd play it and he'd hum along and sing to the parts he knows.

  Soon, our time was up and my mother came knocking at my door. I looked out the window  quickly first,

  Crap, it's already night!

  What does mom need from me, though?

  I got up from the floor and opened my door.

  "Yeah? What do you need, mom?"

  "Tae, sweetheart, your friend's parents are at the door. They seem extremely worried."

  "Oh, okay. Thanks for telling me mom."

  My mother nodded and I closed my door to talk with Joon. I know he heard what my mother said.

  "So.. I'll see you tomorrow, alright? I'll come over after school and we'll hang out."

  Joon only nodded. It seemed like in those few seconds of talking with my mother, his spirit was drained from him.

  He seemed so sad now..

  "Hey, cheer up! We'll meet again some day after these 2 weeks, I promise that."

  "Don't promise things you can't guarantee."

  "I don't care, I promise that we'll meet again. It might take years, but I promise that we'll see each other again. Either you come back to Korea, or I visit America. Plus we can still keep in touch through TikTok and social media."

  "Ok then, if you break this promise, I'll stomp on your grave."

  "You're older than me, you'll die first, not me."

  "I'll haunt you."

  "Alrighty then, if you say so. You should get going, before your parents think I killed you."

  "Fine, fine. You better come over tomorrow right after school or Imma stab you with a fork."

  "Okay, okay, okay, I get it. Now, go!" I took his hand and pulled him up.

  My heart fluttered a bit but the moment didn't last very long since I let go of his hand quickly.

  We walked over to the door and went into the living room. I saw my mother next to the opened front door that had a woman and a man who slightly resembled Joon standing in the doorway.

  I gave Joon a quick hug and waved him goodbye while he and his parents walked down the street to where their house was.

  "I'm surprised you let him in your room. Wait, how does he even know where we live?!"

  "He lives in the same neighborhood, mom."

  "Oh, I see. Well, I'm surprised you allowed him here. You've never invited someone over before."

  "Well, I didn't invite him over. He just came over after something his parents told him."

  "Really? It's personal, isn't it?"

  "Not really, his parents told him that they're moving in 2 weeks."

  "Oh, I see. Well, in that case, it's fine if he comes over unexpectedly from now on."

  "It's mostly gonna be me coming over to his house but okay."

  "Alright then, well I need to make dinner, you two have been in your room for a while. I'm surprised you guys didn't get hungry."

  "Well I'm hungry now since you mentioned food."

  "Of course you are, just wait a while longer."

  "Okay, call me when it's done." I walked back to my room and went inside, closing the door  completely.

  I turned off my digital piano.

  Damn, I already miss him.

  I can't imagine not seeing Joon for years on end, though. That's going to be torture, I swear.

  He'll move on from me, though, right?

  I hope he does. As much as I want him to still like me, or well, I think he does, I don't want him to hold onto me for so long, it'll probably hurt him.

  He doesn't need nor deserve to feel the heartache that comes with waiting for love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 209 43
TYPE: πŸ”² General Fiction | πŸ”² Taekook ff | βœ”οΈ Non-Fiction Date Started: 12.27.2022 Date Finished: Hello fellow Taekookers! DISCLAIMER...
7K 1.6K 11
Taehyung has been helplessly in one sided love with Jungkook for five years, until one day he meets Yoongi, who claims he has feelings for the latter...
64.1K 3.3K 23
Twitter: *New message from @Jiminnamon_roll* @Jiminnamon_roll: Wow you're really cute and shit. Idk if you're gay or not but if you aren't let's sti...
136K 4.2K 45
Abused park jimin meets jeon Jungkook over snapchat. Things escalate and feeling catch on but what will happen when jimin goes to live with Jungkook...