Steal My Heart (Published)

By iamsharonrose

Rated SPG: Some scenes are not suitable for minor readers. Read at your own risk. Tagged as always the groom'... More

teaser
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 1 continuation...
Chapter 2
Chapter 2 continuation...
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 4 continuation...
Chapter 5
Chapter 5 continuation...
Chapter 6
Chapter 6 continuation...
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8 continuation
Chapter 9
Chapter 9 continuation
Chapter 10
Chapter 10 continuation
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12 continuation...
Chapter 13
Chapter 13 continuation...
Chapter 14
Chapter 14 continuation...
Chapter 15
Chapter 15 continuation...
Chapter 16
Chapter 16 continuation...
Chapter 17
Chapter 17 continuation....
Chapter 18
Chapter 18 continuation...
Chapter 19
Chapter 19 continuation
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24 continuation...
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Power VOTE for Ms. World 2014!
Steal My Heart Full English Edition
Announcement!
Epilogue

Chapter 3 continuation

85.3K 1.4K 68
By iamsharonrose

Maru was trying to hide her smile as he watched Benjamin fell in line in the counter so he could order their meal.

Ang daming tao sa Jollibee at mahaba ang pila. He looked out of place among the throng of ordinary people who were waiting for their turns to order.

One look at him and one would jump on a conclusion that he was something. He looked really expensive, and his K-Pop appeal made every heads turn at his direction. Women were gaping at him. She could even see stars in their eyes. May mga teenagers na nagbubulungan at nagsisigawan nang pa-impit. Siguro feeling ng mga ito ay nakita na nila sa personal si Lee Min Ho. hehe...

Her smile widened in amusement. She didn't expect that Benjamin would go with him in Jollibee, of all places. He owned the largest chain of an expensive coffee shop in the country and asia. Clearly, the man was really something. And she knew that a fastfood like Jollibee was the last place that he would dine out with. But he came with her anyway.

She was flattered but more of amused. She couldn't imagine how she made him follow her wish. Hindi tuloy niya maiwasang makaramdam ng kilig, pero kaagad din niyang sinupil ang damdaming iyon.

Panay ang tingin nito sa suot na relo. Mukhang naiinip na sa pila. Despite women ogling him, he seemed as if unaware.

Lumingon ito sa direksiyon niya. She felt her heart jump. Her lips were shuddering when she gave him a casual smile. He smiled at her that made her insides churn. Napakurap tuloy siya ng ilang beses.

Ang mga babaeng nakatunganga rito sa pila ay sinundan siya ng tingin. She saw eyebrows cocking, eyes that were screaming murder, as envious women shot her envious stares. Meron pang inirapan siya. Parang gusto na yata siyang patayin sa klase ng titig ng mga naiinggit na babae sa kanya.

Well... she just shrugged her shoulders. Anong magagawa niya kung siya ang pinagpalang babaeng ka-date ng lalaking pinapantasyahan ng mga ito? Hindi naman niya pinilit si Benjamin na sumama sa kanya. In fact, he insisted for this date. She even had the nerve to turn him down. Pero nagmumukha tuloy siyang kontrabida sa paningin ng mga babae sa paligid. But she didn't care anyway.

She had just witnessed how Benjamin could floor women without even doing anything, and it didn't sink well with her. Playboy, womanizer, ladykiller - these are the words that she simply loathed, and Benjamin was one hell of a walking poster boy. And she didn't like how he could make her heart jump.

She wrinkled her nose, displeased with the thought. Hindi niya dapat pinahihintulutan ang sarili na makaramdam ng kilig kay Benjamin. Wala iyong mabuting maidudulot sa kanya. She damned well knew how dangerous it was to associate herself with his kind, much more entertain stupid feelings for him. At this point in her life, she should already know how to protect herself against his charms.

She pulled her gaze away from him and looked at another direction. Inabala niya ang sarili sa pagtanaw sa mga tao sa labas ng Jollibee. Bahagya tuloy siyang napapitlag nang may magsalita sa kanyang tabi.

"Sorry at medyo natagalan ako. Ang haba ng pila eh," apologetic na wika ni Benjamin habang ipinapatong sa mesa ang bitbit nitong tray ng pagkain.

"It's okay," she answered and looked at the tray. There were two orders of 2-pc chicken joy, spaghetti, french fries and sundae.

"Ang dami mong inorder," komento niya. Baka manok at fries lang ang mauubos niya. Maybe the sundae, too, but definitely, she couldn't eat the spaghetti. Busog na busog na siya niyon. Isa pa ay mukhang wala sa kondisyon ang kanyang tiyan. Lalo na kapag tinititigan siya ng lalaki. Makakakain pa nga ba siya nang maayos nito?

"Puwede namang ipa-take out kung hindi mauubos," anito at umupo sa upuang nasa kanyang harapan. He arranged their food on the table. Pagkatapos ay ibinigay nito ang tray sa dumaang empleyado ng Jollibee. "So, let's eat?"

At dahil nagugutom na rin naman siya ay inabot niya ang kutsara at tinidor. Tinusok niya ng tinidor ang chicken joy. It was crunchy.

Maganang kumain ang lalaki. Hindi katulad niya na kahit gutom ay mukhang hindi niya kayang lunukin ang nginunguyang pagkain. He kept on staring at her and his chinky eyes were really creating waves of sensations inside her stomach.

"Kumain ka nang mabuti, Maru," he whispered as he took a bite.

Duh! She rolled her eyes on her mind. Maybe if he should stop staring at her so she could properly eat. Not like this.

"Masarap din pala ang manok dito sa Jollibee, ano?" maya-maya ay komento nito habang pinapapak ang chicken joy.

"First time mo?" Hindi niya tuloy mapigilan ang mapangiti. He looked endearing as he enjoyed devouring the chicken.

Tumango ito. "You know what, you've made history as the first woman who have dragged me here for a date."

Natawa tuloy siya. Eventhough he looked elitist in every angle, there was something in him that was likable. Maybe it was the way he smiles or delivers his punch lines. Or maybe it was just all about his good looks. Well, who wouldn't like him anyway? Katunayan ay pinagtitinginan pa rin ito ng mga babae sa paligid. But he had his eyes all set to her, which was kinda flattering.

They were engaged in a casual conversation as they ate. At hindi na niya namalayang naubos na pala niya ang pagkaing nakahain sa mesa. They were eating the sundae when he asked her more personal questions.

"So how old are you, Maru?" he asked with keen interest.

"Twenty-four," she answered after a moment of hesitation.

"I'm eight years older than you. Well, that's a good thing." He flashed her his breath-taking smile again. And she could just sighed silently.

"So you're thirty-two?" she blurted out after mentally counting his age.

"Yup," he nodded in confirmation.

"And still single?" she couldn't help but ask.

"Well," he shrugged his shoulders.

"Afraid of commitment?" she probed.

He became uneasy. "Maybe," maya-maya ay wika nito. "Or maybe I just haven't met someone who could make he ditch my bachelorhood yet. Don't get me wrong, but I do date. I've been in relationships before, too..."

"But never settled down..." she concluded. Her voice had a sting.

"Well, to tell you honestly, Maru, I've been a runaway groom..."

Mahigpit na tumikom ang mga labi niya sa narinig. Hindi niya napigilan ang pagkulo ng kanyang dugo. But she controlled her emotions. "Why?" she pressed even further.

Nagkibit ito ng balikat. "I was young then and I guess, I'm not yet ready to settle down."

"How old are you then?" She tried to pull a smile, but her muscles were clenching in hate. Inabot niya ang baso ng iced tea at sumipsip gamit ang straw.

"Twenty-seven..."

"Twenty-seven is not so young, Benjamin," she commented in a displeased tone.

"I know," he pulled a sigh. "But I feel like I wasn't ready so I called off the wedding."

She appreciated how he talked to her with honesty, but she was totally turned off now. She couldn't stand to spend another cozy moments as they discuss about him running away from his wedding. It aroused a nasty feeling deep inside her that she was trying to quell.

Tumingin siya sa kanyang relo. She feigned worry when she realized that it was past two o'clock already in the afternoon. "I have to go now, Benjamin. May lakad pa ako."

He looked disappointed. Parang ayaw pa nitong matapos ang pag-uusap nila. Pero gusto na niyang umalis. Tumingin din ito sa suot na relo. He wore an expensive, platinum wristwatch. "Sige, ihahatid na kita sa labas. And can I have your number?" Dumukot ito sa bulsa at nakita niya ang mamahaling cellphone nito.

"I don't give numbers to strangers, Bejamin," she shook her head.

"I aint a stranger, Maru..."

"I just know you, Benjamin," kaagad na sansala niya. "And we're still basically strangers."

"But I want to know you more, Maru. Let's be honest here. I like you and I want to pursue you," seryosong wika nito.

Nahigit niya ang hininga sa narinig. "Marami namang ibang babae riyan na puwede mong ligawan, Benjamin. Spare me, please..." She bravely fought his knee-melting stare. She didn't like trouble and this man surely was trouble.

"I hadn't had this urge to know a woman before like I have with you, Maru," he whispered in a nonchalant confidence that made her speechless for a moment.

"I'm sure that you're not running out of women, Benjamin," wika niya nang mabawi ang saglit na nawalang poise. "You have a handful to play with. I don't have time for games so just forget about me."

"And who says that I'll just play with you?" He held her gaze. "I'm serious this time around, Maru..."

Ngumiti siya nang mapakla. "Like how serious are you, Benjamin?" sarcastic na tanong niya. "I don't want to associate myself with you unless we're talking about walking down the aisle someday."

She saw him swallowed. His face hardened in tension for a moment. She knew that she had definitely shocked him.

Ni hindi pa nga ito nanliligaw sa kanya tapos nagpapahaging na siya ng kasal? She knew that it was crazy, but that was what she wanted to point out in the first place.

She definitely knew his kind. He was someone who's afraid of commitment and surely what she said would make him run away.

Hindi ito kaagad nakasagot. Well, ano pa nga ba ang inaasahan niya?

Tumayo na siya. "Bye, Benjamin. Salamat sa lunch..." Nakataas ang noo na nagsimula siyang maglakad palayo.

"See you again, Maru," he said as she took a step. "Surely, this won't be the last time that we'll see each other. Sinisiguro ko iyan."

But she didn't dare glance at him again. Tiyak ang mga hakbang na lumabas siya ng Jollibee. Her knees were softening and her heart was wrecking havoc in her chest as she walked away from the man who made her feel as if she was sitting on a burning grill a while ago.

Despite her urge to stay away from Benjamin, she knew that it wouldn't be the last time that they would see each other. So she better had to prepare herself for their next encounter.

Her face hardened at the thought.

-----------------------------------------------------

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND SHARE YOUR COMMENTS GUYS! THANK YOU!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

958K 26.3K 38
Dahil sa isang hindi magandang unang pagkikita ay na-involve ng husto si Ailyn sa magulong mundo ni Riki Montemayor, ang basagulerong prinsipe daw ng...
1M 25.4K 36
"In my whole life, your smile is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." In the real estate business, Benedict is considered as the wolf. When he w...
290K 22.3K 5
Beneath a broken mask lies the truth behind the façade, and while masks can conceal pain, they cannot mend wounds. In the end, no mask was worth the...
1M 28.5K 44
It was one fine morning at Konsehal Casimiro Zaragoza's office-nang may dumating na isang babae at ipinapaako sa kaniya ang anak nito. Pero paano ni...