𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 ― u. sasuke...

By _hatake

➣ SYNOPSIS Ever since the first day they met, both of them found themselves falling into feelings they didn't... More

0 (Intro) ➣ Prologue
1 ➣ Academy Life
2 ➣ Ninja Training?
3 ➣ Helping You
4 ➣ Growing Up
5 ➣ Tumbling Down
6 ➣ Whisking Through Time
8 ➣ Reluctant Goodbyes
9 ➣ Where Are You?
10 ➣ Serenity
11 (Epilogue) ➣ I Know

7 ➣ By Your Side

2.9K 151 7
By _hatake

"I don't like it when your gentle eyes look bewildered."

S T A R T

"One tray of dango, please," Sanae requested, looking up at the lady taking her order. She scribbled it down, smiling lightly and replying in a cheerful voice.

"Coming up!" The lady pivoted on her heel before retreating behind the swinging doors that led to the kitchen.

The young girl leaned forward, resting her chin atop her flattened hand, exhaling quietly. Her head tilted as she tapped her foot on the floor, listening to it echoe through the empty restaurant.

She wondered what her teammates and sensei were doing at around this time. There wasn't any training today because their sensei was doing super secret shinobi work.

"Huh?! What do you mean you're not gonna be here for a whole week?!" Kou yelled, pointing at their sensei, who pursed her lips, shifting her weight to her right foot.

"Yeah, it sucks." She admitted. "But Hiruzen-sama called me in."

"What are you doing anyway, Sensei?" Reika, her hyūga teammate, questioned.

Putting a finger on her lip, she winked. "Sorry, guys. But I can't say."

She remembered Kou having the biggest — and she meant the biggest fit she'd ever seen. He was pouting, stomping — if anything, she swore he was a toddler trapped in an adolescents body. Cracking a smile, her foot ceased tapping when she heard the bells chime.

"Hello! Welcome!~" The lady greeted. "What would you like?"

"One cup of ginseng tea." She froze. S-Sasuke?

"Got it! Just give me a sec!"

Sanae could hear the waitress sauntering to her, she straightened her posture, and softly thanked the the lady, who smiled and left.

"Sanae?"

Looking up, she was met with onyx eyes. "Hi?"

He slid into the seat in front of her. "What are you doing here?"

Sanae grinned, pointing at the multi coloured dango in the plate in front of her. "The dango here is really good," she said, pushing the plate towards him. "Wanna try?"

Sasuke shook his head, pushing the plate back to her. "I don't like sweets."

"You haven't even tried them, yet." She giggled, biting into one of the small coloured spheres and dragging it off with her teeth.

"I can tell by looking at them." Sasuke responded, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning back.

Sanae gave him a lop-sided, closed eye grin. He watched as she chewed on the treat, before putting it aside. She wiped her mouth with a napkin and for some odd reason he didn't know about, he smirked, amused. Luckily for him, she didn't catch it.

"How you been, lately?" She questioned. "We haven't talk for... what? Two-three weeks?"

He nodded. "I think so. I've been okay. How about you?"

"Great. As usual," she smiled.

"Anything interesting happen?" Sasuke asked, he was curious on what she'd been up to.

"Nope. My sensei is gone for the week, leaving my team and I alone." He was quick on catching her unhappiness, and it made sense. Two months being a genin and then your sensei runs off? Tough luck.

A lot happened to him, too. The mission in the Hidden Mist, Zabuza, almost dying... he'd save that for another time.

"You could still train, you know?" That was the only answer he could come up with, but he knew Sanae took it to heart.

"Yeah, but my teammates... aren't the easiest of people."

The ravenette nodded, understanding her completely. "I know what you mean."

"What if we train together, Sasuke?"

::

She let out a low exhale, jumping back. Her kunai and Sasuke's clashed. Digging her foot into the ground, she almost stumbled by keeping up with him.

Sasuke jumped back, weaving quick handsigns. Her eyes widened as she cowered, finding immediate cover.

"Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!" A raging fire lit alive from his lips, staying low, she crawled, successfully avoiding the fire.

Sanae climbed into a tree, concealing her presence, and eyeing Sasuke's movements. His guard was high.

"Wind Style:" she whispered, weaving handsigns, and taking in a large breath. "Air Bullets!"

He was quick. She bit her lip, watching him dodge. Though, one was bound to hit. And she was correct.

He visibly winced and with that, she jumped down. She threw him a lopsided grin, tucking stands of hair that fell out of her pigtails behind her ear. He wore an expressionless facade, but behind his obsidian hues, he hid the fascination of the female in front of him. He just couldn't stop it... he was drawn to her.

She laughed nervously. "Sorry about that... are you okay?"

He smirked, his sharingan spinning alive. "You should be asking yourself that."

His pride was definitely scratched, and he didn't want to show it. But Sanae could see through it quite easily, and she felt pretty bad.

Though looking into his crimson irises made her heart pound against her ribcage, she found him attractive — obviously, but something about how he looked in front of her: out of breath, a smirk painted on his lips, plus his newly found bloodline trait — didn't do too well for her mental health.

Sanae could feel her cheeks heat up. "Sharingan," she started, trying to sound casual. "It looks good." She gave him a closed eye smile, clasping her hands behind her back.

Sasuke was taken aback, his pale cheeks becoming dusting with a soft hue of pink. Such a simple gesture, yet, it made his heart flutter. He coughed, facing away from Sanae.

"Let's go," he muttered, walking away.

Sanae stood still, shaking her head, trying to calm her own fleeting heart before taking off behind him.

::

"Two hours of hiding, but somehow I'm still tired." Sanae spoke, laughing a little. They were sitting on one of the empty streets in Konoha, talking away.

Sasuke side-eyed her, "How does that even happen?"

The female shrugged, "Not sure. Why didn't you go into the trees? You might've gotten me if you did that. Fighting close-range isn't my thing."

He leaned back, using his arms for support. His one leg was bent, while the other was sprawled out. "No," he started. "You seemed too familiar with that area."

She giggled. "Right you are."

It went silent for a little bit, before Sanae recalled his ruby orbs staring into her cerise hues. "Why didn't you use your sharingan?" Her gaze casted downwards, feeling as though he wasn't actually taking her seriously.

"I've just unlocked the second tomoe," he replied, lying just a little bit, but just enough for Sanae to see through it. "And I'm still getting used to it."

Sanae angled her body, fully facing Sasuke. Her face contorted into a look of subtle displeasure. Is he underestimating me? She thought, feeling a little insulted.

She looked at his side profile, subconsciously eyeing his prominent jawline and his pink lips. He was a really pretty boy to her, but she couldn't shake off the feeling of him not taking her seriously.

Feeling her gaze, they met eyes. He was taken aback.

The cerise irises that were shining every time he looked into them, were clouded with confusion and a tinge of sadness.

It didn't feel right to him.

He wasn't sure what to say, instead, he racked his brain, thinking of how this happened. Then a lightbulb lit up.

Could it be..? He thought.

Standing up, he stuffed his hands in his pockets, looking down at her. Her skirt rose up, almost showing her underwear. He turned away, a pink dusting his cheeks.

"Where are you going?" Sanae questioned.

"Train with me, again," he said, shoving all his pride into the hands of Kami knew who. "I'll fight you again, sharingan and all."

Her eyes lit up. "Seriously?"

There they are, his subconscious thought. Those cursed pretty eyes. "Yeah..." He muttered.

"But, uh," he scratched the back of his head, pointing at her skirt. She looked down, her whole face morphing into red.

She covered it with her hands. "Did you see anything?!"

"No!"

E N D

This took a pretty long time because I was kinda stuck. But I do like how it ended up :)

Thank you for reading! Until next time!

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 54.4K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
163K 4.7K 64
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
200K 6.6K 44
𝙰 𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙿𝙸𝙴𝙲𝙴 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 ˚ a girl who accidentally captures the hearts of her friends !! If you want to then d...
390K 16.4K 73
Throughout her short life, Otsutsuki Tsukiko had been mostly kept away from others, or others had mostly kept away from her. She had always believed...