Mafiatale - An Eye For An Eye...

Door _fransfics_

HERE IT IS! Mafiatale! NOT MY AU! My own version. SANSXFRISK They my OTP. I hope you like this story! Another... Meer

Prologue
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 26
Gosh I know...
End Story Notes

Chapter 25

1.2K 82 71
Door _fransfics_

*Third POV*

After the arrest of Johnathan, Frisk was too shaken to think straight. How could she not have known? What did she miss? 

The last thing she remembered was walking into her room, and blacking out. Awaking to the sight of guns pointed at her and the feeling of strong arms wrapped around her in panic, caused her to lose her train of thought, and she grew slightly agitated.

She hated not knowing things. 

Toriel had taken her back to her room, and when Frisk asked what had happened, she was disappointed to hear that Toriel's story did not hold the answer she was looking for.

Though she did find out that Sans had called for everyone, meaning he was going into her room, and must've found her unconscious body, and Johnathan. 

Had he been checking on her? And what for?

The questions swarmed Frisk's head like flies, and she tried to wave them away as she stared at the ceiling, Gaster in the corner of the room fixing the open vent so that it was shut again.

Frisk watched him curiously, her eyes examining every move he made. She noticed that he was far more predictable than Sans, and she tried to plan out every movement he would make before he did it.

A game of sorts.

When Gaster noticed Frisk staring at him, he glanced behind and said kindly, "I hope I am not a bother, this will be done in a moment."

"No, you aren't a bother," Frisk clarified, holding her knees to her chest as she struggled to remember what had happened, "But I am curious, why are you letting me watch you? Wouldn't you want to keep the bolting secret? So that I don't escape?"

"Keep it a secret? What could you possibly do from watching me bolt the vents?" Gaster asked, standing up and moving the dresser so he could bold that down as well.

Frisk continued watching him, noticing that she felt quite comfortable with him around, as if he was the dad she had always wanted. A dad that was the opposite of her own. 

"I could reverse the process," she replied.

Gaster gave a small smile and chuckled, shaking his head, "Frisk, this isn't to keep you out, it's to keep further intruders from getting in."

Raising an eyebrow, Frisk stated, "But Johnathan got in just fine."

"Yes..." Gaster suddenly frowned, and looked to the bolted dresser, "Apparently, someone gave him the exact information on how to unbolt these screws. The spy, no doubt."

Frisk shuttered, wondering who could possibly be going through her room to find out the exact bolts that were being used, and she wondered how many people she had crossed that could be the potential Cortex spy.

Perhaps it was someone that made the room?

Frisk struggled to remember what Toriel had told her about her room, and she frowned realizing her memory wasn't getting any better.

"But no need to worry," Gaster said, interrupting her thoughts with a lighter mood, "I changed the bolts, that way, no one will be able to get inside unless I tell them."

"And I can trust you?" Frisk challenged, watching him stand up to leave.

Gaster looked at her and nodded, giving her a warm smile as he replied, "Of course Frisk, you can't trust a lot of people, but I promise you can trust me."

Frisk narrowed her eyes and tried to keep her lips from twitching in a smile as she argued, "Only someone I couldn't trust would say that..."

He laughed, which caught Frisk slightly off guard, but she smiled and let his voice sink in as he said, "That's clever. But it's your choice to trust me. I just recommend it. Now... I need to talk to Alphys..."

"Why's that?" Frisk inquired, suddenly more interested.

"Because," Gaster said as he opened the door, "She was supposed to be watching the security cameras when you were kidnapped. So either she knows something, or she wasn't doing her job. Either way, it needs to be acknowledged. I hope to speak with you again, Frisk."

Frisk smiled gently and nodded, replying, "As I to you."

He turned to leave, and as he was leaving, Frisk suddenly heard him say, "Ah, Sans, I just finished bolting the vent. Try to explain a bit to Frisk about what happened to her."

Frisk's blood ran cold, and her face dropped into complete shock as Sans chuckled in the hallway and replied. Frisk hadn't heard the reply, because her heart was beating in her ears, and she wondered what it was from.

Before she had a chance to think of potential possibilities and narrow it down, Sans walked into her room, and gave a smirk as he started, "Heya doll, ya look a bit shaken."

Frisk couldn't think of what to say. 'Why not?' She asked herself, staring at Sans as he headed over to her desk. 'Why can't you think of what to say around him?'

"I like your dad," Frisk said finally as Sans took a chair to sit down.

'Wow, smooth.'

Sans chuckled and scratched his neck, "Uh... Thanks I guess. He's pretty chill."

She realized she was more calm than she thought she would be, and she wondered if it was just because of the shock from earlier, and the fact she was having a hard time remembering anything.

Chloroform.

She remembered the smell.

"Do you mind telling me what happened?" She asked.

Sans shrugged, "Yup. I do. Anyway, I came in here to ask you-"

Frisk found her inner annoyance, and she gave a small glare as she interrupted, "Sans, can you just tell me what happened please? It's eating me out inside."

From the grin Sans gave, Frisk knew there was a dirty joke brewing in his head, and she gave him the darkest glare she could muster, daring him to try it out loud.

Luckily, he didn't, and he just chuckled, "You were being kidnapped by Johnathan so I came to the rescue." He took a small bow, and tipped his hat to her with a wink. "You're welcome."

Not sure why she was so nervous all of a sudden, Frisk took a deep breath and sat straighter, realizing she wasn't going to get a story out of Sans any time soon. So she simply began asking easy questions that his simple mind could answer.

"Why did you come up to my room in the first place?" She started.

"Because," he explained, shrugging with his stupid grin still plastered on his face, "I was just going to check on you..."

He seemed too relaxed, and Frisk tried her best to read him again. By then she had to know that he was almost impossible to read, but it was a force of habit. One that increasingly started to annoy her.

"Check on me? Why?" 

"Ah, ah," Sans interrupted, holding up a finger to assert his authority, "My turn to ask a question. Remember?"

Frisk frowned. "Are we still doing that? I thought that was over once I joined the team..."

"Nope," He lowered his eyes, "It was more of a personal thing than a real strategy."

Frisk felt her cheeks heat up, and her eyes widened at the feel of them. She started to scream inside her head, asking herself why she was allowing her cheeks to heat up at such a thing. Was it because she was slightly relieved? Almost happy? 

It was just for his information.

Just so she could write down notes about him and keep him in check.

No other reason.

She couldn't possibly be excited to talk to him.

"Fine," She said, "Ask your question."

Sans folded his arms and crossed one leg, almost mimicking her pose but without the feminine physic. He said, "Well, it isn't really a question, it's more of a... discussion."

He leaned forward, and continued, "I just got done watching Johnathan's interrogation, and he won't crack. Even with Pap's innocence and Undyne's brutality, he wouldn't say a thing except slight sentences of mockery."

Frisk found herself interested in what he had to say. She was thoughtful of Johnathan ever since the theater, and she knew that something was different about him. He was clever, and almost as smart as her. (Almost). He was patient, and careful, and seemed to work well under pressure. She knew his soul had to be patience, but he brought it to a whole new level. It was as if nothing could penetrate him, nothing could touch him because he had nothing to care about.

However... If that was the case... Why was he doing the job at all?

"Well he has to have some sort of motivation," Frisk said, ignoring the fact that it was Sans she was conversing with, and pretending it was just some random co-worker.

"I thought the same thing," Sans said, his eyes suddenly lighting up a bit. Frisk gagged at the thought of thinking the same as Sans. 

"When I was watching him, I noticed something..." Sans continued, "It was in his eyes. He kept the same expression but I know I could see something changing in his eyes. It looked like worry. Or concern. Almost like fear."

Raising an eyebrow, Frisk questioned, "You can read that? And here I thought you were a cold hearted pile of bones."

She meant it as a joke, but she noticed a look of panic run across Sans' expression. It quickly passed, but Frisk held to it, willing to dissect it later when she had the time. His face was back to it's seriousness, but Frisk knew what she saw.

"Yeah, I picked up a few things for a side skill," He said, brushing the thought away as he continued, "But you're right, he has something motivating him. Something concerning him and scaring him. Do you remember what Asgore said about a child?"

Frisk paused, looking slightly confused. Sans noticed this, and remembered she hadn't been to any of the meetings. He cleared his throat and tried again, explaining, "In... One of the private meetings, Asgore said that Johnathan had left Cortex a while back because of a child. That means that the only thing that would bring him back in would be-"

"A child..." Frisk finished, her eyes now wide with realization and sudden pity. Was the child his? And if so, what was going to happen to it.

Sans nodded, his face equally concerned.

"He won't tell you anything?" Frisk asked, her voice suddenly worried as she stood up, feeling herself pace the floor suddenly. "Doesn't he want the child safe?"

"That's the thing," Sans said, standing up as well, "He does want the child safe. And the only way he thinks he can do that is by staying silent, probably hoping the spy will tell Capture of his loyalty, and that Capture will keep it a secret."

Frisk turned to face Sans, her face more worried than he had expected. He blinked as she walked up to him, saying with a motherly tone, "We have to find that child Sans! What if something bad happens to it?"

For the first time, Sans saw something inside Frisk other than just logic and knowledge. He saw something that cared, and was selfless. It melted his heart, but he knew he couldn't let her know that, so he cleared his throat, and hid his eyes with his hat as he replied calmly, "Yeah, we do. Which is what I came in here to talk to you about."

He moved away from her, and Frisk watched him sit back down, her mind too over come with worry to think properly.

Sans continued, "We need to gather as much information as possible on Johnathan, meaning we might have to go to the police. Me and Gaster-"

Frisk cut in suddenly, correcting, "Gaster and I."

Sans looked at her and stared for a long time, his face bewildered and confused. He asked, "Are you... seriously going to correct my grammar... in a time like this?"

Frisk blushed.

Sans continued.

"Gaster and I will go to them, and find out anything we can. But we need you to do something more important, and we are going to need your..." He paused, coughing and mumbling the last part. "...Extensive knowledge on people..."

Frisk listened carefully, and already knew what she had to do before he even said it. But he did, and he finished, "We need you to interrogate Johnathan, because I think you are the only person that can do it."

The compliment surprised Frisk, and she almost felt flattered before she realized that he was only doing his job. Why did he seemed to fluster her so easily all of a sudden?

It bothered her, so she tried to ignore it, and she went back to the matter at hand.

"I'll do it," she said.

Sans shook his head, and began talking quickly, saying, "Now I know that you don't want to but Frisk you need to understand that-"

He stopped, realizing what she had said.

He looked at her with curious eyes, asking, "What?"

"I said I'll do it," Frisk said again, this time feeling a lot stronger, "I'll interrogate Johnathan."

************

A/N: Bleep! Life is hard! Thanks for hanging in you guys!

Summer is coming up, and that means I will definitely be able to write more. I have been doing my best, though I have been lacking in my writing skill recently XD idk why. 

Anyway, life is actually a lot better for me now. I ran into some old friends (old as in... I knew them when I was in dippers) and among them was my old crush from elementary school (lol young love what can I say) and he grew up and is all of a sudden hot now but he got super nervous and cute and said that I like grew up and now he thinks I'm too good for him but we both kind of like each other and hes sweet and hot so its cool.

They all treat me very well, and although they live far away, they do everything they can to come see me. The old crush treats me like a princess, and like an actual person. He isn't manipulative or sneaky, and he considers my feelings which is nice. My old friends have been super kind to me, and have made me feel a lot happier.

Like... it's incredible how much changed after running into them again XD

I don't remember the last time I had been this happy except when writing "Though So."

Anywayyyyy It's really just school that's getting me behind guys. Bleh. Blame school.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I STILL GET LIKES AND FOLLOWS AND STUFF FOR THIS CRAP XD IT'S FREAKING HILARIOUS I LOVE IT!

I LOVE ALL OF YOU, AND I MISS YOU ALL MY DARLING CHILDREN!

I can't wait to finish this book one day!

Maybe by the end of the summer...

That would be a great goal.

... yeah that would be dope XD Idk tho it would be a lot to do.

No promises.

Thank you for being so patient and supportive!

I love you all!

(P.s sorry for the crappy chappie. Tho I hope you enjoyed :3)

See you all again soon!!!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

4.4K 140 11
A long KingDings fic because this ship does not get the attention I think it deserves. I love this ship, and it's adorable. I plan on making this a f...
165K 7.7K 100
"I'm telling you! She died in a fire 7 years ago!" I boomed and raised my hands up in the air. He was sitting calmly, in his chair and leaned over on...
20.2K 507 200
Truth or dare with Toriel, Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, Alphys, Asgore, Flowey, Napstablook, Mettaton EX/NEO, Asriel, Frisk, Chara and TeMmIe!!!
19.3K 465 13
~~~ [COMPLETE] After being set free from Frisk, Chara finds herself shoved into a new life that she didn't ask for. She's cold and distant for days...