Girl At War

By AnnieWildfire

Shyden is in trouble. I have gone after him. He will be alright if I can reach him in time. Remember, I'm a h... More

Introduction
Before - 1
Explosions - 2
The Ring - 3
Visions - 4
Missing - 5
The Training Camp - 6
Capture - 7
Escape and Contact - 8
Outta This World - 9
Please Stay - 10
Learning the Avengers - 11
One-Shots 12
Tony - 13
Crash - 14
Kanzia - 15
Shyden - 16
Brother Wolf - 17
Among Friends - 18
Sparring - 19
Empath - 20
Battle - 21
Leaving - 22
Recapture - 23
HYDRA - 24
Author's Note
Plan, Action... - 26
...And Escape! - 27
Fight - 28
Little Bomb - 29
Big Bomb - 30
Rescue - 31
Recovery - 32
Show and Battle - 33
Ring Catch - 34
Avengers Down - 35
The Hidden Room - 36
Boredom to Action - 37
Missile Strike - 38
Aftermath - 39
The End - 40
Stand-Alone

Powers - 25

325 22 1
By AnnieWildfire

**Dedicated to AmeinaBrown and BernardEdward. Thank you for the nice comments!**

Eloyse rubbed her wrists in annoyance. The black bracelets around them could constrict, effectively cutting off her circulation. Her new "boss" was standing in the doorway of the room she'd just been shoved in. In his hand was the bracelet controller. He smirked at Eloyse.

"The serum should have made your powers enhanced. Use them in every way you can."

Eloyse sulkily didn't reply, sidling across the floor away from him. Two days ago they had taken a break on torturing her for information on the TT. Instead, she was turned over to the "doctors", who eagerly accepted her as their first Malental, and began enhancing her healing powers. Now the top guys wanted a demonstration of the progress. Eloyse felt like some sort of abused show horse.

A door on the far side of the room opened. A man stepped in. He was huge. Eloyse involuntarily stepped back, only to run into the wall. She nervously bit her lip, wiping her sweaty palms on her pants. He began stalking forward, a greed for violence in his eyes. She could clearly feel him, and he was all evil. She forced herself to step forward, gathering her powers. He lunged, chopping down at her with a huge hand. She dropped and rolled away, managing to brush his leg with her fingers as she passed. He let out a startled yelp as the nerves went dead and his leg collapsed under him. Eloyse was surprised as him. 

She had never been able to affect like that and still be so energized. Using the wall, he propped himself up and staggered toward Eloyse again. Suddenly eager, Eloyse moved forward to meet him. She pulled together her power, and he warily kept out of her reach. They circled each other, neither wanting to make the first move. Then the lights went out. It was utterly pitch black, the only light coming from the blue glow lighting Eloyse's hands. It was unnerving. And then that light was extinguished also. On cat feet, Eloyse stepped backward until she felt the wall, then followed it around until she judged she was behind the man. She lit both hands, thinking of him. And she wasn't the only thing that held blue.

Ten feet away was her enemy, his whole body glowing blue. Eloyse gave a surprised squeak, throwing up her hands to protect herself from whatever the man had conjured up. Nothing happened. She did, however, hear a loud crash, followed by soft groans and blinding light. Eloyse peeked up, shielding her eyes. He was lying against the far wall, slowly getting to his feet. Eloyse raised her head. The lights were back on.

Was someone here helping her? She showed her powers again. She stalked toward him, now only intent upon beating him and getting out of there. Facing her hands towards him, she narrowed her eyes. The blue glow surrounding her hands began slowly creeping over him. Eloyse was in wonder; he was in panic. He thrashed around, but the blue stayed. Eloyse suddenly pushed her hands together. The man's arms clamped by his side, and his legs came together as if tied. Experimenting, Eloyse drew her hands apart. The bond was lessened, allowing him to come charging toward her. Eloyse quickly closed her hands. His emotions hit Eloyse like a wave, visibly shaking her. She sucked in a sharp breath, dropping to her knees and dropping her hands completely. The man instantly charged towards her. She let out a little yelp, making a barrier right before he struck her. She held it steady, easily, as he furiously pounded on it. Her attention was drawn to the light tingling in her hands. Her eyes widened in fear.

A whispered, "No..." escaped her lips as her shield weakened. She glanced toward a camera, knowing that they were activating her bracelets. She was losing power. "Oh, sometimes I wish I could curse!" She snarled under her breath.

In a sudden fit of anger, she dropped the shield and let all her powers wrap around him, then swung her hands in a swiping motion. Even though the bracelets were activated, she had enough.

He went flying.

Striking the wall, he slid down to the floor and lay still. Eloyse clapped a hand over her mouth in shock, slowly backing away from him, scared. Had she actually hurt him? Was he ok? Was he dead? He better not be dead! Trembling, Eloyse inched backwards, hands reaching behind her for the wall. Her eyes were glued on the still motionless man lying crumpled against the floor. Her fingers brushed the rough surface, and she edged closer. The man gave a small groan, moving his head a little. He was alive, but obviously not much. She had done that. 

She had nearly killed someone in a small fit of anger.

****************************

A short week later saw the HYDRA leader making his way to a hidden base to see an "exceptionally good experiment". Arriving, he was ushered into a comfortable room overlooking a large, round room enclosed in hard glass. The door on the far side slide open and a young person was shoved in.

"Subject E057." the director Maxter proudly said, leaning toward the leader. "Telekinetic abilities on people, instant healing for others, physic shield, light manipulation, force field, and empath. Also was already trained in advanced hand to hand combat. The only drawbacks is she can't heal herself, and hates fighting. We can't wipe her either because of her physic shield."

The leader nodded, motioning for silence. The enemies were being introduced into the room. The girl was gathering her powers. They were a light blue color. She suddenly whirled on the man nearest her, shoving her hands out towards him. He gave a grunt as he was thrown into the wall. E057 spun around, touching the next enemy who had gotten close enough. She collapsed, paralyzed by the single touch.

Eloyse swung around, swiping with her hand. Using one person, she turned him against his teammates, forcing them all into one corner. She knew she had to disable everyone if she wanted to walk out of here alive. Suddenly a painful heat flashed through her wrists, along with a hard jolt. She stumbled, falling to her knees. The bracelets were tight around her wrists. Furious, she scrambled back to her feet, meeting the oncoming woman with a round kick to the head. It was ducked. Eloyse disengaged. She backed away from the several people who were crowding toward her. She tried to summon up her powers, but failed. 

Glancing around, she noted that there was somebody new watching her. She frowned. Was she being shown, like an object? Probably.

She slid out of the pocket they'd trapped her in, lightly running to the other side of the room. 

"Engage." said a mechanical voice in her ear. Eloyse clenched her fists, still avoiding the rest of her opponents. "Engage." the voice repeated, a little stronger. She hesitated, weighing the risks. She had refused before, and had been given a shock that hurt like she'd never been hurt before. She plunged into the fight, turning her fury onto her attackers. 

Maxter turned to the leader, answering the question he'd left hanging for a few minutes. "Her powers are gone because of her bracelets. See them, on both wrists? We thought you'd like to see her do hand to hand also, so I instructed her handler to activate the bracelets if it was going too easy for her. They are also equipped with shocking devices. Electricity is her weakness, she's very sensitive to it. When she is not obeying, that can be used. See there, they've turned down the bracelets so she had limited powers."

Sure enough, she was able to help block blows with her shield, but it was a weak barrier. Then it flickered and vanished. She narrowed her eyes, savagely attacking her last opponent. He was good, one of the toughest she'd fought so far. She was putting out her best and it wasn't enough. Gritting her teeth, she wacked him across the cheek with her open palm. It didn't phase him, but it helped her because it looked like it hurt.

"The Avengers are so gonna get you for this. All of it!" she snapped at him. He jerked to a halt. 

"Who?"

"The Avengers. You'll pay!" she snarled like a cornered wolf.

The man punched at her, but it was halfhearted. "You friends with them?"

Eloyse suddenly fell silent, scared she'd said too much already. She felt the release of her bracelets and took control of the man, forcing him belly-down on the floor before giving him slight paralyzation. She dropped her hands and stalked away.

******************

"I'm staying."

"No, you're not." Tony disagreed.

Shyden crossed his arms and frowned, "She's my sister. I stay."

"You're a kid. You go."

"No, I won't."

"You go. Thor, he's going." Tony tossed over his shoulder. Thor stalked over, a half-sympathetic look on his face. Shyden whirled to face him, aggressively.

"Don't you dare touch me." he ordered.

"Oh, fiesty." 

Shyden suddenly turned nice. "You were a god, weren't you?"

Thor proudly smiled. "Yes. Prince of Asgard, god of Thunder."

"Well, this isn't Asgard, so you aren't a god, prince, or anything but a normal person here." Shyden flipped off the charm and turned away, not the least interested anymore. Thor visibly deflated.

"Wh-what..." he helplessly tried, but Shyden was done with him. Tony groaned and facepalmed.

"Just take the kid!" he commanded Thor. The big blond nodded, reaching for Shyden only to have the boy turn into a wolf and snarl. He spun around and fled into the forest. Tony really groaned then. Steve sighed.

"Bucky, go after him." 

"Why me?" Bucky whined, looking startled.

"Because you're the only guy with a metal arm. A wolf bite won't hurt you at all."

Bucky gave a well-he's-right shrug and started off after Shyden. The team relaxed. It was one of the first times they'd relaxed since losing Eloyse. Since the day Shyden had stepped out of the woods and revealed himself, they'd all gone through the terrors of parenthood trying to rein in the eleven year old's unlimited energy and spirit. However, without knowing it, they'd helped each other forget their panic about Eloyse. Until today. 

Only twenty minutes ago Tony and Bruce had gotten a faint signal from Eloyse's tracker that vanished nearly as quickly as it came. Yet everyone was suited up and ready to go flying in search of a stronger signal when they remembered Shyden. The decision was made to send him to Asgard, but they'd quickly realized he didn't agree. And so now Bucky was out hunting down the wolf-boy. 

Nearly an hour later the super-soldier returned, a sulky Shyden being drug along behind him. Bucky was slightly disheveled. He handed off the boy to Thor, who hid a grin, pulling Shyden close. Holding up his hammer, he looked to the sky.

Shyden's eyes widened, perceiving something big was about to happen. He was quick to wrap both arms around the god. And in the next instant the Bifrost was opened, and Thor and Shyden vanished in a fiery streak.

"Good riddance!" Tony breathed, stepping into his suit. 

"Aw, you don't really mean that." Pietro argued. Tony tipped his head, then sighed.

"No, I don't. Everybody in the jet. Let's go find her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 155 21
Bucky Barnes wasn't the only one taken by Hydra. After a series of unfortunate events that left your future plans in crumbles Hydra steps in with wha...
7.6K 215 16
(Takes place during CATWS) It's been almost a year since the Battle Of New York. Mia is still working for S.H.I.E.L.D and has some old friends helpin...
643K 17.5K 21
Ever wonder what drove Howard stark against HYDRA? His daughter y/n Stark, owes her life to it. At the age of twenty one y/n disappeared and HYDRA wa...
456K 10.9K 23
You are sister of Bucky, taken by HYDRA during the war. You have been tortured and brainwashed and turned into a killer. HYDRA have given you powers...