The Glitch (Newt || The Maze...

By GingersInJumpers

A breach in the system, an intruder...a glitch. She wakes up in the maze. If there isn't enough wrong with th... More

Encounter A Griever...Check
A Gathering
The Not So Effective Get Away
The Slammer
I Become A True Greenie
A Little Fun
Oh It's On
My Job As A Med-Jack
That Shuckface
The Runner Trials
Stung
"World In Catastrophe: Killzone Experiment Department"
A Bloody Griever
Memories
My Fault
I Found You
Waking Up
Greenie
THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE
Mission Impossible (Part 1)
Mission Impossible (Part 2)
Irrelevance Is Key
The Boy
As Long As They Don't Touch
The Bliss
Home...
Wildest Dreams
A Connection
How Are You? Well I Got Stabbed...
It's The Little Things
Vertigo
Traitor
A Memory Attack
A Promise
The Passing Of Time
Trapped
Pauses Then Says
Familiarity
The Return Of Briar
The Glitch
The End

Sorry...

169K 4.7K 4.8K
By GingersInJumpers

A/N - All the characters and ideas all belong to the amazing, talented James Dashner (except mine but that's kind of self explanatory, you know...being as it is from my mind and well I'm rambling...onto the story)

I ran at full tilt into a person. And I felt so sorry because being ran into, when you are not expecting it and at that much speed must have hurt.

The person I had run into shot backwards because of my force and I shot forwards and well...I didn't choose to be laying on top of him. I was laying on top of a boy, and no I didn't stare dreamily into his eyes for ages and felt sparks of connections and all that jazz. No I just felt embarrassed and mildly dazed. I mean sure he wasn't terrible looking but honestly I had bigger things to worry about at the current moment. I removed myself from the boy and stood up, offering him my hand.

"Um, sorry I used you as a mattress," the boy just stared at me. His brown eyes were wide and he seemed even more shocked than I was. "Its not poisoned," I said shaking my still outstretched hand. He shook his head, causing his dirty blonde hair to fall in his eyes and took my hand.

"Uh sorry..." he seemed at a complete loss for words. So I turned to the other boy that was with him. He was a tall and muscular Asian guy with hair that stuck up straight and was also sporting the confused expression.

"You know, I'm getting the impression something isn't right here," I stated and turned back to the blonde boy. He was staring at me. "It's rude to stare," I said waving my hand in front of his face.

"Sorry, again. My names Newt." he had a thick accent. "That's Minho and who the bloody shuck are you?" he asked, his voice rising slightly, but not enough for me to be intimidated. I wasn't looking forwards to this...I didn't know who I was. How was I supposed to tell these two who I am when I don't even know?

"Actually...I, uh, um, I'm not sure," I decided to answer truthfully. The blonde one, Newt, turned to his friend and they exchanged confused glances and had some sort of telepathic conversation.

"What's your name?" Newt asked me. I opened my mouth to tell him that I didn't know my name but he cut me off. "Just think about it, it should come to you." Autumn, the name flashed through my mind. I almost said it out loud, but I stopped to wonder. Can I actually trust these random people? My name is the only thing I have, I don't think I can give it away quite yet.

"My name is...Elizabeth," Okay I don't know! I said the first thing, that came to my mind and that was it!

"Right then greenie, me and Minho are gonna take you back to The Glade. I need you to follow us and be careful, don't stop running and -" I cut him off.

"But those things don't come out in the day time, technically we have until the sun goes down right?" If I thought those boys looked shocked before, this was nothing compared to right now.

"You saw a griever?" Minho asked quietly.

"If you mean the big slug like things with metal sticking out of them, then yes. Is that unusual?" The response to that was more shocked faces, this time with a mix of worry. No one said anything to me so I just stood there with my arms swinging at my sides. I was looking at the ground, so I didn't see Newt mouth something to Minho, all I felt was him take my wrist and begin to lead me away.

"Hey wait, if you're going to drag me off you I might as well be comfortable," I grabbed his hand put it in mine, as opposed to holding my wrist awkwardly. He looked shocked at first but then wrapped his hand around mine in return and we set off at a run, Minho bringing up the back.

I easily matched Newt's pace which seemed to surprise him. "So where are we going?" I asked not even out of breath yet.

"The Glade," was all he said. Yep, that really clears up so much for my poor amnesiac brain. I thought it best to refrain myself from being sarcastic in this moment. I didn't really intend to be punched by the only other people I knew in this maze. We ran for a while, at a pretty fast pace, but there was no way I was slowing down. The three of us turned a corner and I saw an opening, it was the only logical place we would be going so I let my hand slip out of Newt's and I began to sprint.

"Race you!" I yelled to both of the boys. "That little shuckface!" I heard Minho say to Newt as they both sped up. Shank, shuck, greenie, glade, griever? All those words were unfamiliar to me, but they came so easily to the boys... I pushed the thought out of my head.

I slowed down a little to see if the boys were trying to let me win. They were not. Minho raced past me and I sped up again passing him and shooting through the opening into a massive green space. It was pretty much a big field, interjected by stone and dotted with trees and buildings, more like shacks, that were all obviously built by hand. I had stopped rather abruptly to take it all in...too abruptly I suppose.

Newt came barreling into me from behind, unable to slow himself in time. It was my turn to be knocked over by a person going full speed and I can confirm; yes, it does hurt. I smacked forwards into the dirt, narrowly avoiding bashing my skull into the ground. I felt Newt's arms on either side of me, trying not to fall on top of me. He rolled to the side and lay facing up.

"Ow," I muttered sitting up to look at him, before saying "Is this going to be a tradition?" He grinned and let a little laugh escape him.

"I hope not. It's bloody painful."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 5.6K 58
Take away everything you've ever known, every face, every place, and every memory. Replace it with empty darkness. Then, add on the pressure of wakin...
8.3M 230K 43
Bree is thrown into the glade like everybody else. In a dark metal box with no memory of her past life. She soon comes to realize that her new life i...
6.3K 108 30
Hi I wrote this fanfic first for myself but I thought why not share it on wattpad for those who want to read it as well? Basically it's a Newt fanfic...
2.4K 84 28
Maze Runner fanfic :) Leah, a girl randomly taken out of the maze and dumped into the scorch had to learn how the fend for herself, protect her self...