Promises

By MrsNea

Y/N always keeps her promises. Always. And this time it ends up hurting her. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Epilogue

Chapter 7

3.7K 93 16
By MrsNea

You walk into the kitchen with the gang still singing happy birthday to you. Nat, Pepper, Clint and Bruce were standing in the kitchen waiting for you with a big breakfast is served.
You remember that Nat, Clint, Steve and Bucky had gone at a mission yesterday. You really needed coffee to wake up.
"When did you get back from the mission," you ask Nat when she pulls out a chair for you to sit in.
"An hour ago" Nat smiles at you.
"Why aren't you sleeping?" you ask looking around at your friends. All of them were in the kitchen. Clint shrugs taking a big sip of his coffee.
"We can sleep after the breakfast," Bucky says placing a plate with pancakes and berries in front of you. Wanda hands you a glass of new pressed juice and a cup of coffee. You thank them and you the rest of the gang sit down. You eat breakfast together laughing and having a nice time. After a while, you see how tired Nat, Clint, Bucky and Steve looked.
"Guys, as much as I appreciate all of these," you say and make a gesture at the table around you. "Go and get some sleep." This is met with a bit of grumbling. You give them your famous bitch face and the four of them leave the kitchen to get some sleep. When you stand up and start cleaning up the breakfast Sam and Wanda send you away to your room to get dressed and do whatever you wanted. So you leave them to it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Later in the afternoon of your birthday and what had probably been the most relaxed day of your life, or at least since you joined the Avengers. Pepper had treated you to lunch at your favourite restaurant and you had gone to your favourite book store, where you had bought some new books, to treat yourself. It was now time to start getting ready for your dinner. You wanted to look your best and have an amazing time with your family.
Pepper, Wanda and Nat had helped you shop a new dress earlier in the week. It was a kind of simple red dress, but it made you feel beautiful. It had a bit of lace on it and if fit you perfectly. The dress lay in your bed and a pair of black heels stood on the floor. You had taken a shower and curled your hair. Now you stand in front of the mirror trying to come up with how you wanted to do your make-up. There was a knock on the door.
"Come in," You said and the door opened. Wanda stepped into the room.
"You are not ready yet?" She asked looking you over.
"I can't decide on my make-up" you make a gesture at the make-up you had.
"Hmmm" Wanda walks over and points at your chair in front of your make-up table. She takes out your favourite red lipstick, that was the same shade as your dress. Your nails were already painted in the same red shade. Wanda helps you with your make-up and in no time you are ready to leave your room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You walk out of your room with Wanda and Steve is standing outside. He looked good in a pair of black pants and a dark blue shirt. Wanda makes an excuse to leave you two alone.
"You look beautiful, Y/N," Steve says giving you a big smile. You blush.
"You don't look so bad yourself," You comment. "Escort me to the dinner?" You smile at Steve. He offers you his arm and you accept it. You walk in silence down the hallway. When you had reached the others, Wanda and Bruce walked over to you and you started talking. Waiting for the rest to arrive before dinner.
"Look who we found in the elevator," Nat says walking into the room and behind her is Pepper and your father talking.
"Dad," you laugh and walk over to him. He pulls you into his arms.
"Happy Birthday, sweetheart!" he says. He releases you and you look around the room, your eyes stopping for a moment on Steve. His eyes meet yours with a lifted brow and you look away, feeling your cheeks starting to get hot.
"You need to meet the team," you say and take your father's hand, pulling him to the team.
"Dad, this is the Avengers," You say. "This is my father, Frank Y/N." You say to the team.
"This is Clint Barton, Wanda Maximoff, Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, Sam Wilson, Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. We are missing Rhody, Peter Parker and Thor." Greetings and pleasantries are exchanged.
"Happy Birthday, Y/N," a happy voice says from behind you. You turn around.
"Peter" you squeal and running into his open arms. Peter catches you and spins you around.
"Did you really think I would let you celebrate your birthday without me?" Peter laughs and puts you down on the floor again. You take his hand and drag him to the rest of the gathering.
"Dad, this is Peter Parker," you say. "Peter, this is my father Frank." They great each other.
"It's nice to finally meet Y/N's other family," Your father says after a while. Your eyes move around the room. Family. It warmed your heart to know that your father understood. Your eyes reach Steve and he was already looking at you smiling big. You give him a smile before you look over at Pepper. She makes a gesture and you walk over to her. What you did not notice is that she wants you to join her so that your father can talk to Steve.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In front of Steve was Y/N father, Frank. Steve swallowed hard. His hands started sweating. Meeting Frank after everything that had happened between him and her scared him. Maybe her father hated him.
"Can we talk?" Frank asks and nods his head in the direction of the hallway. Steve nods and looks around the room. Bucky meets his eyes and lift and brow. Steve tries giving his friend a calming smile, but it looked more like a scared smile. Steve follows Frank out in the hallway.
"I see how you are looking at my daughter," Frank said when they are out of sight from everybody. Steve swallows hard. "And I see the way she is looking at you" Steve rubs a hand over his neck. "A blind man would be able to see that you are in love with my daughter" he continues.
"I would like to know what you are planning to do about this." Steve clears his throat and looked right in the man's eyes.
"You are right, I love her and if she lets me," Steve said without looking away. "Then I will marry her one day. She is the best in my life." Frank nodded approving. "I know I messed everything up, but I am trying to make it right again." Steve continued completely honest.
"I like that you know you messed up," Frank said with a laugh. "And I know that I don't need to threaten you what I would do to you if you hurt her. I know that Y/N can take care of herself and that what is left of you will be taken care of by Nat and Wanda." he chuckles at this and Steve just nods. He knew this as well.
"Don't forget the rest of the team" Steve chuckles. "They all see Y/N as a family member and if I hurt her I would have to face all of them." 

Everyone talks and Pepper says it's time to eat. You walk over to the table, and its beautifully set with your favourite flowers, dark blue table cloth with galaxies on it. The plates are gold as well as the cutlery.
"Wow," you say and Pepper smiles at you looking pleased. You know it was Pepper who had done this for you. Tony leads you to the head of the table as the guest of honour. It felt weird, but you did it. It gave you a good overview of your family. You smile, laugh and eat and have a fantastic time with your family. Eating your good food and drinking champagne. Tony had said that you deserved the best, therefore you got the best. It was amazing and you felt loved.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After dinner it came time to open the presents. A part that you both loved and hated because you were afraid to let people down if you weren't excited enough about the presents you got. Tony had set up a big chair, like a throne, with two tables beside one either side. He wanted all eyes to be on you.
"My lady," Peter handed you his hand and walked you over to the chair. "Now sit" he demanded. Everyone else stood in front of you. Tony winked at you and walked over to Bruce.
"Here open the presents from me first" Tony ordered and handed you to bright red packages with gold bows on them. They were kind of heavy. You opened the biggest one first and got a shook. It was a blood red computer. You looked upon Tony and smiled.
"Thank you," you said and he made a gesture to the smaller package. So you opened it and it was a new mobile, with the same colour as the computer. You placed it at the table to your right and hopped up giving Tony a big hug.
"Thank you," you said again. Tony cleared his throat. "Well, I could not have you come to me every time to old crap you use starts acting up". Everyone laughs at this. You sat down again and Pepper is next handing you a golden envelope. You opened it and squealed. An entire weekend with the girls at a luxury's spa.
"Thank you," You hoped up and gave her a big hug.
"You deserve some downtime," Pepper said. Everyone nodded at this. Your father walked over to you with two packages. He handed you the small one first. You opened it and it was a small ring box in it. When you opened it you let out a gasp. It was your grandmother's engagement ring.
"Dad," you said kind of questioning.
"Your grandmother always said that you should get this ring one day," Frank says and you blink away a couple of tears. "She loved you and you know it was not your fault what happened. You were just a child." You nod and he pulls you up into his arms hugging you tight. You had needed to hear that more then you thought. When he released you he handed you the other package. Inside was a photo album with photos from the time you were a baby up till you joined the Avengers. Tears started to make their presence known again.
"Oh, baby pictures of Y/N" Tony smirks. "I want to see" He put out his hand to grab the album, but Nat smacks his hand away. "Later," Tony mumbles. You hug your father again before you sit down again.
Wanda hands you a present.
"It's from Nat and me" she says. You open it and it's a black shoe box. You pull out a pair of black Jimmy Coo high heels that you had been drooling over for the last couple of weeks. You let out a laugh.
"Damn, that is a pair of sexy shoes," Sam says and the room gets quiet. Frank looks over at Sam that blushes under his eyes. You quickly take off the shoes you had on and slipped on the new shoes. Then you stand up and Nat gives you wolf-whistle.
"That's not how you should do it," Bucky says and you lift a brow at him. Everyone starts laughing. You walk over to Nat and Wanda and pull them into a group hug.
"Thank you," You say. "I love them."
"Well, if I had walked in on you drooling at them one more time online I might have gone crazy" Nat sassed. "Now I can do it in real life instead," you say and smile. Wanda started laughing. Nat drags you over to the chair again.

Next out are Sam and Bucky. They are bickering between each other, but Bucky hands you a package. It was clear that they had tried to pack it together and end up fighting about it. It was kind of messy packaging but you loved it. When you saw what was inside you started laughing, tears started running from your eyes. Everybody looked at you curiously so you hold up the homemade booklet that contained coupons. You eyed through it quickly. There were coupons for training together, breakfast in bed, the boys being your arm candy to parties, snuggle buddy's during movie nights, buying you marshmallows in the middle of the night, going shopping with you and carrying all your shopping bags and getting to take their turns at deciding movie on movie night. You stand up and give Bucky and Sam them both each a kiss on their right cheek. "Thank you," you say. You sit down again and Bruce comes over slowly. You give him a smile and he hands you a small package. It is carefully packed in a silver paper and you open it. Inside is a box and when you lift the lid of the box you look up at him with big eyes.
"How?" you ask before you lift the small flask inside the package. Inside is a liquid that looks like coloured galaxies. It was amazing.
"I can't really explain it to you," Bruce says shifting around a bit. "But I know how much you love space and stars." You let out a small laugh before you put the flask on one of the tables. You stand up and give Bruce a big hug. "Thank you," you say and step back. Bruce makes a small wave with his hand. Peter steps forward almost tripping on his own feet. The group stifles a laugh, but Sam gives a full-blown laugh. Wanda pushes him. Peter hands you a present and you can see on his face that it's something good.
"You didn't," you say looking on the package. He just shrugs and gives you a wink. You tear into the paper and start laughing when you pull out t-shirt. Specially made to you. It says: Fangirl /ˈfanɡəːl/ noun: a female fan, especially one who is obsessive about comics, film, music, or science fiction. Under the text, there was the Tardis, a silhouette of the fellowship of the ring, the lamppost from Narnia and the Disney castle. You smile at the t-shirt.
"Look in the box again," Peter says smirking. So you do. Inside are four more t-shirts. One for every fandom that was on the first t-shirt. The first one is dark blue and it says: "We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" It was from Dr Who and one of your favourite quotes and under the text was the Tardis. The next one is forest green and with a more cursive style it says: "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost". One of your favourite poems and a part of Lord of the Rings trilogy. Under the text was the same silhouette of the Fellowship of the Ring as it was on the first t-shirt. The three t-shirts is a maroon t-shirt with the text: "She remembered, as every sensible person does, that you should never, never shut yourself up in a wardrobe." This was a quote from the Narnia books and under the text was a picture of Atlas, the lion from Narnia. And the last t-shirt was white with multi-coloured text with metallic effect that said: "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." One of your favourite Walt Disney quotes. Under the quote was a silhouette of Walt Disney walking hand in hand with Mikey Mouse. You stand up placing the t-shirts on one of the tables. You give Peter a big hug. "I have missed you. Thank you" you say. Peter laughs. "I have missed you too. I did not want you to forget our movie traditions" Peter says smiling at you. "I am soon back for spring break. We have a lot of movies to look at and books to talk about." You laugh and nod. "It's a date." Steve goes stiff at this sentence, but nobody else but you seem to notice it. Nat points at the chair.
"You have more presents left to open," she commands.
"Yes, sat down princess," Tony laughs and Pepper shoves him. You sit down with a sigh and Clint walks over to you with a strange looking present. He hands it to you and you open it. Inside is a costume bow and quiver, it looks like Legolas bow and quiver from the Lord of the Rings movies. Everyone starts laughing.
"My present is to train you in archery," Clint smiles at you. You jump up and hug him.
"See Nat, nagging helps," you laugh looking at Nat.
"Go sit down," Nat says shaking her head. "Steve's last". Everyone looks at Steve who looks down on two packages in his arms. It was obvious that everyone was curious about what he would give you in present. Well, not Bucky, because he looked at you with a smug smile.
"This is going to be good," Tony says rubbing his hands together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 62 5
"You're not coming back," you say, watching him as he watches the still body of water in front of the two of you. "You're going back to her." You alw...
537K 9.7K 125
The title says it all my people.
813K 27.7K 84
𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 | ❝I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could...
316K 7.6K 81
"He may had her heart in the beginning, but that doesn't mean he has her heart in the end." Includes: Iron Man Iron Man 2 Thor The Avengers Iron Man...