A Real Mother

By DiamondAuthority43

Takes place a few months after The Trial. So Steven doesn't know he has Pink Diamonds gem yet. What if Blue... More

Prologue
CH 1 Coming to Earth
Ch 2 Taking him away
CH 3 Homeworld
Changes (not a chapter)
Ch 5 Fixing a Broken Pearl
Ch 6 Who he is
We made it! (Not A Chapter)
Ch 7 Time with Yellow
Ch 8 Betrayal
Ch 9 A cry for help
Ch 10 Black Diamond
Ch 11 Paragon (Finale)

Ch 4 The Broken Pearl

9.7K 147 135
By DiamondAuthority43

My favorite quote: "Presidential pardon bitch. You can't do shit, look at me go!" -Suction Cup Man.

Enjoy the chapter. :)

"Hi, I'm Steven."

Steven held his hand out for the Pearl to take but all she did was remain in the the t-pose and stare at him with unblinking eyes. Eventually he started getting creeped out and walked away from her slowly.

"There is no use in talking to my Pearl, Steven."

'No use', what could White mean by that. Yes Steven saw the crack in the Pearls eye but didn't think much of it. Was her eye the reason why she couldn't do anything?

"What do you mean, grandma White?"

Him calling White, 'grandma' made her chuckle in her mind. "It means that she is broken, there is nothing anyone can do to fix her."

Steven began to think of a way to fix the Pearls eye. Realization hit him and he mentally kicked himself for forgetting about his healing powers.

"Maybe I can do something to heal her eye."

This intrigued Blue and Yellow but also caught the interest of White as she rose an eyebrow to him.

"You have something that can heal her?" White curiously asked.

"I have healing powers that can restore gems if they are cracked."

Now the Diamonds were really interested in this healing power that Steven claimed to have.

"Well, if you think you can heal my Pearl, then you are welcome to try Steven."

Steven smiled up at White then walked back over to 'White Pearl'.

"Pearl, bend down so Steven can reach your eye."

The Pearl wordlessly did what she was told and bent down enough for Steven to reach her face, but still held the t-pose and smile.

Steven licked his hand and placed it on the Pearls cracked eye for a second then took it off and waited.

... Nothing.

Steven's head dropped in sadness as a tear fell from his eye. "It didn't work." 

Blue and Yellow came up behind him and got down on their knees. "You did your best Steven. At least you tried, and that's what matters." His blue mom tried to cheer him up.

It broke their gems seeing Steven so distraught and defeated. But there was nothing that the Diamonds could do, and they knew that too.

Steven clenched his fists, a new found determination surged within him as he picks his head up and stares at 'White Pearl'. "No. I can't give up, knowing that I can help her." He licks his hand once more and places it on Pearls cracked eye again for a second before removing it and waiting.

... Nothing.

Steven refused to believe that his power wasn't working. He wasn't going to give up yet he was going to keep trying until he healed her, if it's the last thing he does.

He tried to heal Pearl seven more times, each time he tried more and more tears would fall and the Diamonds grew increasingly worried about him. But when he tried the tenth time, a white hand came down and stopped him.

"Steven, that's enough. It didn't work the first nine times, what makes you think that it will work the tenth? Or even the hundreth?" White's voice wasn't eerie like it was before, instead it was gentle and soft.

That did it in for Steven as he fell to the floor crying over not being able to help the Pearl. The sound of him crying caused Blue and even Yellow to shed a few tears. White's ever present smile was replaced with a frown of sadness.

But what happened next caused Blue and Yellow to gasp in shock, and White's eyes widen. 

The Pearl placed a hand on Steven's shoulder. He looked up and his eyes widened seeing the Pearl moving.

The Diamond's were in complete shock and bewilderment at the sight of 'White Pearl' moving. Never in 4500 years have they seen this Pearl move. And here she is, placing a hand on Steven's shoulder reassuringly.

Steven stared into Pearl's eyes, they were looking right at him and she had a smile, not the creepy permanent smile that she had before, no, this was a genuine smile. As Steven was staring into Pearl's eyes he saw love and understanding in them. It was like she knew that he tried to help her and those eyes that he stared into were telling him that she was thankful for him trying.

They stayed like this for a moment longer before Pearl removed her hand and went back into her t-pose while standing up straight once more.

Steven smiled happily and shed a tear knowing that Pearl knew he tried his best to help before falling back and landing on the floor, passed out from being tired and exhausted.

"Steven!" Blue and Yellow both said in unison.

"Relax Blue and Yellow, he merely passed out out of exhaustion. He is fine. He just needs some rest." White reassured them.  'They really are protective over him.' White thought, but then smiled out of amusement.

"Yellow, I will take Steven to my personal chambers to sleep and watch over him. You are free to go back to work if you wish." Blue told her as she picked up Steven carefully.

Yellow nodded and went over to Steven's sleeping form and gently kissed him. "Sweet dreams, Steven." She spoke softly with a small smile.

Yellow walked over to her throne and sat down then called her Pearl over with a holo-screen instead of shouting for her because she didn't want to wake up her son.

The said Pearl came into the room and stopped before her Diamond. "Yes, My Diamond."

"Pearl, call my Emerald and Hessonite generals. I need them ready with my army to colonize the planet Senran in sector twelve." Yellow ordered.

Yellow Pearl saluted and bowed. "At once, My Diamond." The Pearl pulled up her holo-screen to contact her Diamond's generals.

Blue Diamond looked at her yellow counterpart and gave her a smile. "I'll leave you to your work." With that Blue Diamond left the room carrying a knocked out Steven.

(In Steven's mind/dream)

Steven's POV

I woke up and found myself  in a pink room on Homeworld. I was standing on top of a pink bubble while juggling more pink bubbles. I wore this weird pink outfit with little white balls on my shoes.

I heard clapping next to me, so I turned while still juggling to see White's Pearl!? But she doesn't look white anymore, she's pink and the crack in her eye is gone. She looked so happy and every time she laughed she sounded so cute. 

Her smile was filled with so much joy and her overall attitude was adorable.

One thing that stuck out the most was that White, no, Pink Pearl was with me and not White Diamond.  

"My Diamond, we should get ready for the ball soon."

My Diamond!? She said that I was her Diamond. I quickly look into the mirror and saw that I was someone else entirely. 

I was pink with with light pink puffy hair and the same pink outfit, I was taller and what surprised me the most was the Pink Diamond that was in my stomach. Wait.

...THIS IS A MEMORY OF PINK DIAMOND! How am I having a memory of Pink Diamond?

I was snapped back to the memory when I started moving and talking on my own. My voice not my own but what must have been Pink's.

"Alright Pinky, let's go and have some fun!" 

The memory disappeared and I found myself in a blank void. I look around and find nothing but blackness surrounding me. A voice caught my attention and I turned around to see Pink Pearl.

She gave me a smile and I blushed. I think I may have crush on her.

"Steven, I wanted to tell you that I'm very grateful for you trying to help me. I wasn't able to say anything to you at the time because I can't speak. But I am able to speak to you here."

"You can't speak outside of this place?" I asked with concern.

she nodded her head yes.

"Why can't you?"

"Something is wrong with me and I don't know what. Please Steven, help me!" She teared up and fell to the non-existent ground and started crying.

Hearing her cry, I quickly go over to her and envelope her in a hug. She sobs into my shoulder as I keep hugging her. Don't worry Pinky, I'm going to save you. No matter what.

"Don't worry Pinky, I might have failed to help you before, but I'll keep trying until I save you." I reassured her.

She pulled her head away from shoulder and looked at me. "Thank you, Steven."

I take my hand and stroke her cheek which causes her to blush. She looks away from me embarrassed but turns back to me.

I give her a big hug then kiss her cheek. She seemed surprised at first but calmed down and blushed.

Out of nowhere the place started to shake violently.

"Pinky, what's happening!?"

"You are waking up!'

"Before I wake up, I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"I love you."

I was lucky to get that out in time because the place crumbled away. I woke up and sat up straight panting with sweat coming down my forehead. I looked around and found that I was on a REALLY big bed in a massive blue room. 

Everything that happened in the memory and dream came flooding back to me. I was still confused on why I had a dream/ memory of Pink Diamond. I will have to tell my moms Blue and Yellow about it, they deserve to know.

Then my focus shifted on Pink Pearl.

"Don't worry Pinky, I'll save you."

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow so I know you like this and want more.

XxDiamond_GodxX

The_Lovely_Starlight

The_diamond_hybride

serena1890

_FallenWerido_

___Faded___

Craftfury

Green_Diamond1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 2.6K 15
( This story follows the movie plot, so if you didn't watch don't read it. !!Spoiler alert!! ) 2 years later, everything was perfect. Steven has gott...
872 16 28
Steven Universe... son of the one and only, Rose Quartz. Also known as Pink Diamond. Steven grew up wanting to be what everybody else wanted him to b...
12.6K 646 51
Peridot is a nerd and one day is saved by a mysterious bluenette. What will happen after Peridot becomes friends with this blue beauty? I do not own...
457 14 15
Everyone knew about the gem war, how it was a brutal battle between homeworld and Earth gems and the time where pink diamond faked her shattering. An...