Armageddon

De Xscapee

A nearly 2 years after (Y/n) had fled the castle, the world had only grown worse. Die had now taken the thron... Mai multe

Author's Note
Ch.1: In Due Time
Ch. 2: Set Ablaze
CH. 3: The King's Great Escape
Ch. 4: Together Again
Ch. 5: Custodibus Pacis
Ch. 6: The Storm
Ch. 7: Frustration
Ch. 8: A New Way of Life
Ch. 9: Likeness
Ch. 10: Work in Process
Ch. 11: PTSD
Ch. 12: Bad Intentions
Ch. 13: Two Plans, One Victor
Ch. 15: Plus One
Ch.16: Community Pressure
Ch. 17: Coming Times
Ch. 18: The Announcement
Ch. 19: The Deer King
Ch. 20: New Life
Ch. 21: Strange Connections
Ch. 22: Salvage
Ch.23: 2,500
Ch. 24: Hot Springs
Ch. 25: A Family Reunion
Ch. 26: Family
Ch. 27: Relations

Ch. 14: To the Rescue

2.2K 105 170
De Xscapee

The small group of rebels snuck their way around the castle and to a loose opening on the side. It was late in the evening and darkness was beginning to cover the sky. Storm and (Y/n) lead the way since she knew the most and he had the signals. Near the garbage end of the castle sat loose bricks that could be pulled away. Watching around carefully they pulled out the bricks leading to the servants' courters. Nervous about who they may encounter. only other demons traveled inside as well as Storm and (Y/n).

"It's...empty...?" (Y/n) breathed.

"Abandoned almost." Storm saw dust gathered all around.

"They either killed everyone or fired everyone."

Storm turned towards her, "It doesn't matter, it makes our lives easier."

He lit another torch in the room and handed it to (Y/n). She pulled out a piece of paper from her back pocket and rolled it out on the table in front of her. "Here is a map of the castle. Here is where you can hide, and here's where you can escape if needed. The guards have armor, they also are demons, but they use weapons more than their powers. I'm sure Die has upped the security since coming to power. This is where Anti's room is, but he hangs out in these rooms as well. Remember the names, they're on a small plaque next to the doors. Check every room and don't get caught."

"And where will you be going?" Storm looked towards her.

"I'm going to Dark's office. I'm going to see what laws have changed, and what's going on in the near future. If we know what large plans or celebrations or whatever, we can know where their weak spots are." She places random items on the corners of the paper. "Once we find Anti create the diversion and we'll leave."

"Sounds like you're confident."

"If I don't have confidence, I fake it. You'll never know if it's real or not." (Y/n) looks around the room briefly. "Now follow me to the exit. Split up into your groups and we'll meet at the weak point." She smiled at him then headed towards the exit.

After exiting the servants' courters she quickly noticed how dead the castle seemed, and not just because it was night. There was dust practically everywhere and the hallway smelled old. All oil paintings that had King Dark within them were taken down, leaving a rectangle mark on the wall. Even small statues were taken from their places.

They stood at a corner and didn't see any guards. (Y/n) sent the groups their separate ways in the search for Anti. She took it upon herself to begin her search for Dark's office. There was a strong chance that Die could be in there for whatever reason, but she had prepared herself for the worse.

As she continued to creep around, the castle felt more and more ghostly. From what she remembered it was filled with more happiness at her peak stay. Everyone was happy, everything seemed brighter, but at this point, everything had died. Nothing would ever be the same, and that happiness was gone forever. It ached her heart remembering her days there since it had been years since she entered the stone walls.

(Y/n) came upon two guards wandering around. She hid at the corner of the hall and listened in to their conversation. It was nonsense and talk of Die.

"— And that Sarah woman, she has bigger balls than he does." One spoke.

"I'm not even sure it's the same woman half the time." The other replied. "She kind of looks bangable. Like the other girl that was here, uhh, that rebel."

"Who?"

"Her name was (Y/n). Don't you remember that shit when Dark caught her?"

"I wasn't here at the time dip shit, I've only been here for a few months."

Their conversation dissipated as they traveled away from her destination. She peaked the corner then dashed across the hallway to the other side. Dark's office was within eyesight.

Suddenly the guards' voices rose again, they were coming her way. She rushed herself towards the office but fell on the way.

"Fuck." She cursed.

"Who's there?" One of the guards called out.

She sat up and ran to the door, opening it up and closing it quickly behind her. Her body leaned against the door, listening to the guards rush by.

"I'll go this way, you go that way. We'll find the source of that sound."

(Y/n) let out a breath of relief. The room was lit by the moon and candle. Then, the unexpected.

Die sat in Dark's chair leaning over the paperwork. He wore his dress shirt, but the sleeves were rolled up and the buttons were undone. His hair was messy and he looked terrible. His eyes were focused on the paper before him and not who had entered.

"Sarah I promise I will go to bed shortly. I just have a few —" His eyes gazed up and made contact with (Y/n)'s.

He couldn't believe what he was seeing, cursed it to be a vision of her that he'd usually have. He could see her fear, her feet rooted to the floor as she was caught red handed. No words escaped either of their mouths due to pure shock.

"We'll check King Die's office," A guard called out. "I'll alert Sarah of the suspicious activity."

(Y/n)'s head snapped to the door as well as Die's, then back to one another.

"...(Y/n).." Die breathed. "I —"

Before he could finish she dashed out the door and into the hallway. Better to face two guards than one elite demon. Her only wish was that no other member of the group would get caught.

Her feet moved as quickly as they could rushing past a hall containing guards.

"You there! Stop!"

The only thought that continuously ran through her mind was breaking her promise to come back home to Dark. She turned the corner and two more guards sat at the end of the hallway.

"Fuck, no. Not this." She panicked.

"Hey, state your name, trespasser."

(Y/n) backed away from the oncoming guards and noticed the others were rising to catch up with her. This was worst-case scenario and she hadn't even been there for a half an hour. With electric orange waves moving up her arms, she shot waves of power towards the guards, stopping them briefly as she continued on looking for a hiding spot.

As the end of the hallway came up a hand reached out and grabbed her body, pulling her behind an old pillar that held a large vase. A hand moved over her mouth followed by the whisper of a hush.

"Stop moving, I'm trying to help you," Die spoke.

The pounding of guards feet rushed by the pillar and slowly disappeared.

Her breathing slowed down, then blue smoke covered both of them until they appeared in the training room. Die released her and backed away. She fell to her knees then scattered to her feet, facing him and panicking once more.

"Why did you...why did you do that?" She breathed, her hands filling up with orange waves of power.

Die held his hands up being as cautious as possible, "Listen to me, please, for a moment."

"What do you want?"

"I want to apologize."

"Apologize?" She wrinkled her brow. "For what?"

"For hurting you the way I did. I — I don't know what I'm doing with my emotions. It's — My emotions. It's all new to me, everything I've felt for you was the first time I felt something like that in my entire life."

"You're....still in love with me?" Her hands lowered slightly.

"Of course I am. I can't stop. I've tried forcing the feelings away. I've stayed up countless nights. Anything I've done its come back to you." He smiled slightly. "I feel like I'm losing my mind, but, you showed up and — I had to get this out and —"

"And what? Did you think by telling all of this that — that everything would just go back to normal?"

"Well, sort of..."

"Die, you — you betrayed your best friend and trapped him, tortured him, you scared the hell out of me and chased me off, away from this castle, my home —"

"It's still your home!"

"A home doesn't force love, Die." She stopped for a moment. "I cared about you, Die. I trusted you. You helped me so much, and then turned your back on me."

Die's face fell, "(Y/n)..."

(Y/n) paused, "Die, you love me right? You love me with all that you are, all that you have?"

"I — I love you with every ounce of my being."

"Would you walk to the ends of the earth for me?"

"Further!"

"And you'd do anything to make me happy?"

"Of course!" He smiled more.

"Then let me go, Die."

"Let..you....go?" HIs smile fell to confusion.

"Let me go home, Die."

"I'm afraid he can't do that Miss (Y/n)."

(Y/n) turned to see a woman with grey eyes staring at her, as well as several guards by her side.

"I —" (Y/n) was baffled. She had seen those eyes, this woman. All in her vision from the Cervi. "You..."

"You seem speechless, dear." Sarah smiled. "Cat got your tongue?"

"I know you."

A neutral but curious expression fell over Sarah's face, "I don't believe we met before but seeing —"

"You're behind this." She clutched her fists, it was falling together. "It's you! You're the reason why Die is like this! You bitch!"

A smile formed on Sarah's face, "Behind what? A brilliant king? Are you so wrapped up within that scoundrel that called himself a king that you cannot see the true beauty that lies directly behind you?"

"You're manipulating him! Die would never do this. He's too kind, too patient, too — he wouldn't do this I know him."

"Then you knew he was in love with you," Sarah spoke confidently.

"I — No, I didn't know. He told me all of a sudden and I just —"

"Denied him, sent him away, after all, he did for you too." Sarah shook her head, "My poor Die, took such good care of you, and what do you do in return, stab him in the heart."

Orange waves of energy emerged from her hands, "You can't manipulate me, bitch. It's going to take a little more than that to take me down."

Die then walked up past (Y/n) with his head hung low.

"Die! Don't listen to her!" (Y/n) cried out. "She's using your feelings and emotions against you!"

He stopped midway to Sarah and looked over his shoulder at her. "You still love him, don't you?"

She had no words for him.

"That's what I thought.." He turned and continued his way to Sarah.

Sarah smiled, accepting Die in her arms. "Guards, take her to our special holding cell."

Red flames came from several different angles of the shadows. The guards tried to protect Die and Sarah but they were hit by the flames, burning parts of their clothing.

"WHO DARES ATTACK THE KING?" Sarah's eyes brighten their grey color.

Dark opens his eyes within the shadows, bright red piercing all who look. The guards are struck with immediate fear.

"The king! He lives!" One called out.

All began running out of the room.

"Who said you can leave?!" Sarah called to them.

"Dark..." (Y/n) breathed looking at him.

He approached her from behind and wrapped one arm around her while holding his other up, the color flashing with bright red around his fingertips.

"I forgot something here, I'll be taking it now," Dark spoke.

"Neither of you are going anywhere!" Sarah shouted. "Die, get them!"

Die looked confused, shocked, and frozen over the events that had taken place. His mind was processing too much. Sarah stared at him waiting for his next move.

"Don't just stand there!" She had enough though, "I'll do it myself!"

Sarah rushed towards Dark with surprising speed. Dark tossed (Y/n) to the side and began dodging all of Sarah's attacks with ease.

"Stay still you cockroach!" She shouted.

He stared her down and waited for her to slip up, which happened fairly quickly. Dark grabbed her ankle and slammed her entire body on the ground. The ground cracked and dented inwards. He then grabbed her by the collar of her clothing and held her up.

"I do not know what your plan is, Sarah, but it ends now."

"Mighty words from the fallen king." She remarked.

"I am going to make sure you remember me, Sarah. I am going to make sure everyone remembers."

Dark placed his hand on her face then pulled down his claws creating four deep gashes from her forehead to her cheek.

"Die! My child! Do something!" She cried.

Die snapped out of his thoughts and rushed to Sarah's aid. He tackled Dark causing him to let go of Sarah and hitting the floor. Die kneeled at Sarah and picked her up as she wept in pain. (Y/n) rushed to Dark, sitting him up.

"Take us from here, Spero."

She held onto Dark and closed her eyes, blurring them outside the castle into nearby woods.

(Y/n) fell to her side moments after, exhausted from such a far transport in one go. She breathed heavily, sweat beading at her forehead. She looked up at him as he hovered over her, then picked her up.

"Dark, I —"

"Silence."

Everything went black. 

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

25.9K 890 32
It's been four years since you've last seen your dear brother Mark. You decided to go to his manor a week for a vacation. You have a odd feeling thou...
122K 2.8K 20
*COMPLETED* All Dark and Anti do is bicker and fight with each other recently. One night Dark can't take it anymore and storms out of the house looki...
1.1K 12 17
BOOK ONE IN THE DEMONS SERIES Check out book two 'Living Demons' FANFICTION WITH WAY TOO MANY CHARACTERS This is basically a really long story [to me...
54K 2K 33
(Sequal in progress) (Y/n) is stuck in a sticky situation with some people she barely knows. From sandy barren wastelands to rocky hills (Y/n) is st...