Chaotic Sword God

By Jepnox2nd

More

1601-1610
1611-1620
1621-1630
1631-1640
1641-1650
1651-1660
1661-1670
1671-1680
1681-1690
1691-1700
1701-1710
1711-1720
1721-1730
1731-1740
1741-1750
1751-1760
1761-1770
1771-1780
1781-1790
1791-1800
1801-1810
1811-1820
1821-1830
1831-1840
1841-1850
1851-1860
1861-1870
1871-1880
1881-1890
1891-1900
1901-1910
1911-1920
1921-1930
1931-1940
1941-1950
1951-1960
1961-1970
1971-1980
1981-1990
1991-2000
2001-2010
2011-2020
2021-2030
2041-2050
2051-2060
2061-2070
2071-2080
2081-2090
2091-2100
2101-2110
2111-2120
2120-2140

2031-2040

103 8 0
By Jepnox2nd

Chapter 2031: The Seventh Floor

"Whether we contend or not is our business. It has got nothing to do with miss Yun Xin. However, miss Yun Xin, please consider it properly. Jian Chen, Chanlong, and I are only going to protect you for a year. If you're willing to spend a year on the first floor, we're more than willing to accompany you," Kai Ya could not hold back. She detested Yun Xin very much, but since they had agreed to Yun Lianqing's deal, they had to protect her for a year. As a result, the three of them could not separate from Yun Xin during this year.

"You want me to stay here for a year? Hmph, don't you hope so? The three positions into the Neptunean Divine Palace aren't so easy to take away from our clan," Yun Xin snorted coldly. She no longer remained on the first floor, directly advancing to the second.

"I'll let you have it easy for now. Once we get to a place with many people, I'll show you how I deal I'll with you. When that happens, you'll have all the fun you'll get," Yun Xin thought on the way to the second floor.

Although the Neptunean Divine Palace was huge, the four of them reached the second floor before too long.

The situation of the second floor was no different from that on the first. Apart from the remains and dried blood scattered everywhere, there was nothing else.

Clearly, after people had entered this place several hundreds of times, everything valuable on the second floor and everything that could be taken was gone.

The other cultivators who had entered this time clearly possessed some understanding of the divine palace. They had moved onto higher floors long ago, so just like before, only Jian Chen's group was present in such a big area.

Afterwards, the four of them continued upwards. They passed through the third, fourth, and fifth floor. Only when they reached the sixth floor did they finally see some scattered people.

Yun Xin's eyes immediately lit up when she saw these people, but when she discovered that most of these cultivators were Overgods, with only one or two Godkings, she immediately frowned unhappily. She snorted gently and said, "To the seventh floor!"

Jian Chen, Kai Ya, and Chanlong all frowned as they stared at Yun Xin's back. Clearly, they understood Yun Xin's intentions.

"This woman is a problem. It'll be nice if she could just know her place, but if she begins to provoke people mindlessly, it'll cause quite a lot of trouble for us," Kai Ya communicated secretly.

Master Chanlong held his azure disc as he nodded in agreement. He said to Jian Chen and Kai Ya, "We can't act recklessly at all. In the Neptunean Divine Palace, there are quite a few Godkings and even many late Godkings. There are even experts from the Godkings' Throne. If that woman provokes a group of late Godkings for us, we won't be able to emerge easily with our current strength."

"Don't worry. She won't be bold enough to act recklessly unless she wants to cause endless trouble for the Yun family. Let's go," said Jian Chen. His voice was slightly cold. After he said that, he directly made his way to the seventh floor.

Gradually, more people arrived on the seventh floor of the Neptunean Divine Palace. Most of the Overgods who had entered gathered on this floor as well as a few Godkings. However, they were all early Godkings.

"The formation is too powerful. Just the pulses of energy it gives off are frightening..."

"It must be a Primordial realm expert. There must be a Primordial realm expert's legacy in there..."

...

Just when Jian Chen's group made it onto the seventh floor, a clamor rang out nearby.

Several hundred meters away from their location, a great group of people had gathered. They were crowded around a formation as they pointed at it and discussed it. Desire burned in the eyes of many.

However, none of them attacked the formation.

There was quite a lot of blood around the formation.

"Hehe, I never thought I'd come across a Primordial realm expert's legacy right when I got here. I'll get through the formation right now." At this moment, a burly, bare-chested man flew over from afar as he laughed. The early Godking presence he gave off forced back all the surrounding Overgods.

Boom!

The man directly struck out, swinging his metal mace at the formation as hard as he could.

However, when his weapon struck the formation, all the power in the strike was rebounded by the formation perfectly. It was redirected onto the man, causing him to vomit blood and be blown away.

"It looks like there really are stubborn people. The Neptunean Divine Palace has already been opened so many times, and this formation is in such a visible place. Who knows how many people have seen it already, yet none of them have managed to take it away with them. Isn't it obvious that this legacy is difficult to obtain? Let alone you early Godkings, even a few experts from the Godkings' Throne would not dare attack the formation," said a black-clothed woman. She sneered at the injured man.

"This formation is very powerful!" Master Chanlong said sternly as he stared at the formation from several hundred meters away.

Yun Xin could not help but look at the formation as well, but she lost interest in it very soon. Then, she turned to the mace-wielding man and said loudly, "This sister is right. That big dumbo doesn't even understand such simple logic. What kind of brain do you have to be so stupid? It really does make people wonder how someone as dim-witted as you can become a Godking." When she reached there, Yun Xin lowered her head and seemed to wander into her thoughts. She said doubtfully, "Is Godking really this easy to reach? Otherwise, how did this stupid person reach Godking?"

It was only fair for the black-clothed woman to make fun of the man. After all, she was also a Godking, and since he was injured, he naturally did not want to come into conflict with her. Moreover, the black-clothed woman's words were not too horrible.

However, now that a mere Overgod had scorned him and said such horrible things about him, it was impossible for him, a mighty Godking, to just stand by and take it.

"You're looking to die!" The man paled in anger as his eyes shone viciously. He directly swung his mace at Yun Xin.

Yun Xin had already arrived behind the trio before the man had struck out. She stared at the three of them as she took pleasure in their misfortune.

Although she knew that with the strength Jian Chen had displayed and master Chanlong, who had recently become a Godking, the man was not their opponent at all, she could cause some trouble for them at the very least.

"Early Godking is only a start. Once we get to the eighth and ninth floors and come across mid Godkings, I'd like to see how you respond. Hmph. It's not so easy to be my guards," thought Yun Xin. She possessed great prejudice towards Jian Chen, Kai Ya, and master Chanlong.

Jian Chen glanced at Yun Xin behind him and coldness appeared in his eyes. Afterwards, he took a step out and directly struck the metal mace with his hand.

With a bang, powerful energy and residual sword Qi scattered in the surroundings, forcing back the surrounding Overgods. Jian Chen had caught the man's metal mace as he stood unmoving. His bright eyes stared at the man as he said steadily, "That was miss Yun Xin of the Yun family from the Sky Empire, southern region of the Profound Thunder Plane. I hope you can forgive miss Yun Xin's rudeness." With that, Jian Chen's arm suddenly jerked and powerful Chaotic Force and the power from the Laws of the Sword surged out. Immediately, a force that the man was unable to endure erupted, pushing him several steps back along with his mace.

At the same time, master Chanlong's presence leaked out slightly, completely exposing the fact that he was an early Godking.

The man looked at Yun Xin and Jian Chen's group with resentment and ground his teeth, "The Yun family from the Sky Empire, southern region of the Profound Thunder Plane. I've remembered that. Hmph." With that, the man turned around and left.

As for Yun Xin, she was completely stunned when Jian Chen mentioned her background. At first, she stared at Jian Chen in shock before becoming absolutely furious.

Chapter 2032: A Legacy of the Primordial Realm

"Y- y- y-" Yun Xin pointed at Jian Chen. She had been driven speechless. Originally, she wanted to find some trouble for Jian Chen's group so that they would have it difficult in the Neptunean Divine Palace. To her, it was best if they faced enemies everywhere. However, she had never thought that a simple sentence from Jian Chen would redirect it all towards her clan.

In the end, not only did she fail to gain what she wanted, but she had even provoked an enemy for the Yun family.

Although the Yun family had no need to fear a Godking with their status and power, Godkings were no longer weaklings in the Saints' World. Even the Yun family that possessed Infinite Primes did not dare to provoke people like that so easily.And this was without considering their background. If they provoked a Godking with a great background, it would be an absolute disaster for the Yun family.

After stuttering for quite a while, Yun Xin yelled at Jian Chen, "Jian Chen, who told you to tell him my background? Our Yun family has given you entry to here, so is this how you're going to repay us? Do you believe that I'll report this to the great elder as soon as I get back?"

Jian Chen frowned. Just when he wanted to say something, Kai Ya had already cut him off coldly, "Miss Yun Xin, weren't you looking down on that Godking completely? You cursed him fearlessly, so why are you afraid now? If you're afraid of people knowing your background, you better know your place. With our strength, we're not considered weaklings in the Neptunean Divine Palace. At the same time, you're not even as powerful as the three of us. If you don't learn how to keep a low profile, you'll probably cause great problems for the Yun family if you end up leaving here with your life intact. You might even destroy the Yun family."

"Perhaps you should feel fortunate, as you only provoked a mere early Godking earlier. I hear that even supreme Godkings from the Godkings' Throne have entered this time. If you accidentally provoke a supreme Godking, you should know the consequences."

Yun Xin's complexion fluctuated uneasily. She snorted coldly, "Just be like guards and protect me. You have no right to tell me what to do." Yun Xin no longer paid any attention to the three of them. She looked at the formation that likely hid the legacy of a Primordial realm expert and burning desire flickered through her eyes.

Although she had no idea what kind of legacy was in there, it was from a Primordial realm expert after all. It did not matter what kind of legacy it was or whether it suited certain people or not. It was enough to tempt many Godkings, let alone Overgods.

Jian Chen, Kai Ya, and Chanlong all studied the formation. Jian Chen asked secretly, "Chanlong, can you get through the formation?"

Master Chanlong furrowed his brows tightly. He was serious as he responded, "This formation was left behind by a Primordial realm expert, and they possessed quite some mastery over the Way of Formations. Although I can get through this formation, it'll take some time." Master Chanlong paused. After hesitating for a while, he continued, "Any formation needs energy to support its operation. Although this formation constantly absorbs the energy of the Neptunean Divine Palace for its operation, there's a limit to the speed. After I became a Godking, I've learnt a new formation. It's called Heaven's Blockade. If I can push it to the limits, it can isolate the world."

"The Heaven's Blockade Formation is extremely profound. Although I'm unable to isolate the world with my current cultivation when I use it, I can isolate all the origin energy in any place. Even in the Neptunean Divine Palace, it'll be effective."

"If I cast the Heaven's Blockade Formation around this formation, I can prevent it from absorbing the energy of the Neptunean Divine Palace. Once all of its energy is consumed, it'll collapse by itself."

"It's just that many formations have divine crystals as a backup source of energy. I'm not sure if there are divine crystals in the formation. If there are, even if I separate this formation from the Neptunean Divine Palace, I'll struggle to get through it in the decade we have here."

"Chanlong, why don't you try it first? What if there isn't a backup source of energy?" Kai Ya said.

"Alright, I'll try then," nodded master Chanlong. Afterwards, he arrived before the formation, and he allowed his presence as a Godking to radiate freely. He clasped his hands at the people around him, "Everyone, just staring at the formation won't make it open up. If you want the legacy inside, you need to find a way to get through the formation."

The people gathered there all rolled their eyes when they heard Chanlong's words. They all understood this logic, but who was able to get through the formation?

"Hehehe, that sure sounds good. This formation was left behind by a Primordial realm expert after all. You've just witnessed its power earlier sir, so you should know getting through it won't be easy," the black-clothed woman giggled.

Chanlong clasped his fist, "Since you're all unwilling to get through it, why don't I try? Please back up a little. I'll cast down a formation right now to get through it."

"Hahaha, alright. This king would like to see how you get through this formation," a middle-aged man smiled gently. Immediately, he backed up far away. He was also a Godking.

The black-clothed woman hesitated for a short while before retreating a certain distance as well.

Even the other few Godkings around had retreated, so the actions of the other Overgods were obvious. They backed up far away, leaving a great amount of space for Chanlong.

Master Chanlong immediately began to cast down his formation. He tossed out divine crystals and formation banners constantly.

"What familiarity with casting down formations. This person should be a formations master," the Godkings gathered there were all surprised when they saw Chanlong cast down his formation. Even though they were not skilled with formations, they could tell that Chanlong possessed great mastery over them.

"Hmph, what ignorance. This formation is the handiwork of a Primordial realm expert. You're dreaming if you want to get through it as an early Godking," only Yun Xin pouted disdainfully among all the people who watched Chanlong work.

Chanlong moved extremely quickly. In under two hours, he had completed several formations. Chanlong's Heaven's Blockade Formation had severed the connection between the formation and the divine palace, isolating it from its power source.

At this moment, powerful killing formations began to erupt with terrifying power. Densely-packed sword Qi constantly condensed and attacked the formation. The sword Qi did not possess the power of the Laws of the Sword. They were purely condensed from energy, possessing the power of the Way of Formations.

These sword Qi did not attack messily. Instead, they attacked a single point. That point was where the crucial point of the formation was located.

Even though the point changed constantly, Chanlong was able to find it every time.

The Primordial realm formation could reflect all attacks, and the sword Qi were naturally no exception. However, as soon as they had rebounded, Chanlong's defensive formation blocked them, so they failed to injure anyone present.

"What powerful formations. Early Godkings are dead for sure if they fall into it and even mid Godkings will struggle to break free," the eyes of all the nearby Godkings narrowed as they were secretly shocked.

Only Jian Chen and Kai Ya understood that master Chanlong's formations possessed far more than this amount of power because the formations he cast down could change, and their power would increase.

"Fusion formation, Void-splitting Nine Swords!" After attacking for two hours, Chanlong called out, and all the sword Qi that the formation could send out condensed together. They turned into nine huge strands of sword Qi that shot towards the Primordial realm formation.

"Nine swords as one!" Chanlong formed seals with his hands, and the formation changed again. The power of his cultivation fused into the formations, and even the meter-wide azure disc over his head produced mysterious and profound inscriptions. They resonated with the formations, strengthening them.

The moment the nine strands of sword Qi fused together, they erupted with even more powerful might. Even mid Godkings shivered before it.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

After just a few more attacks, the powerful formation from the Primordial realm expert finally dimmed before slowly vanishing.

Obviously, Chanlong did not smash through the Primordial realm formation. Instead, he constantly attacked its crucial points, wasting away all of its energy while it was unable to replenish any of it. It had collapsed by itself.

As soon as the formation was dispersed, the interior was obviously exposed. A skeleton sat on the ground without giving off any pressure at all. It seemed extremely simple. Only the dull, golden bead among the bones was visible from outside. He was indeed a Primordial realm expert before he died.

They knew this because this bead was condensed from the power of laws. It was known as a golden core of laws, something that represented the Primordial realm.

"How is this possible? How was the formation destroyed?"

"That's completely unreal. Has this powerful formation that has troubled countless Godkings been destroyed by someone in just a few short hours?"

Everyone was extremely stunned as disbelief filled their faces. It was obvious just how difficult it was to deal with this formation seeing how it was still intact after so many years. They had never thought it would be destroyed so easily today, which was rather unreal.

However, everyone's eyes narrowed soon afterwards. They revealed intense greed and desire as well as great excitement and joy.

No one remained amazed at what Chanlong did. At that moment, everyone's eyes had locked onto the skeleton, or more accurately, the Space Ring on the skeleton's finger.

With a single movement, Chanlong had already entered the formation. He arrived before the Primordial realm expert's skeleton with a flash.

"Don't you dare!" Seeing how Chanlong was about to take the Space Ring, someone immediately yelled out and charged over with a surging presence.

Chapter 2033: Impossibly Powerful Overgods

This was a Space Ring from a Primordial realm expert after they had passed away. It went without even thinking that it contained all the wealth of the Primordial realm expert. It might even possess his legacy.

An Infinite Prime's legacy may not be enough to attract people from large organisations with great backgrounds, but it was extremely tempting to independent Godkings or Godkings from weaker places or organizations.

As a result, after Chanlong had gotten through the formation and revealed the Space Ring on the skeleton to everyone, all the Godkings gathered in the surroundings charged over with intense greed and desire.

If Chanlong were a late Godking, they would never try to take the Space Ring away even if they desired it. However, Chanlong was just an early Godking.

Not many Godkings remained on the seventh floor. Aside from Chanlong, there were only five Godkings who remained nearby.

Among the five of them, four charged towards the skeleton as quickly as they could. Only the middle-aged man who had referred to himself as a king did not move.

However, these people had all lost their minds from the appearance of an Infinite Prime's legacy. They forgot that the various formations Chanlong had cast down still remained. The Godking at the very front immediately fell into a killing formation. The killing formation immediately began to operate after evolving twice already, sending a huge strand of sword Qi straight at him.

After becoming a Godking, all of Chanlong's formations had become much more powerful, let alone a formation that had evolved over a period of time.

As a result, even though the Godking was quite powerful, he was unable to respond at all to the huge strand of sword Qi. He was cleaved his half, and even his soul failed to avoid that fate. It dispersed.

The fate of the Godking caused the other three people to come to a halt. They stared at the Godking who had been bisected as they became even more fearful of Chanlong's formations.

Even early Godkings were unable to withstand a single strike once they fell in there; this was more than enough to demonstrate the power of the killing formation.

Chanlong was extremely confident in his formations. He did not pay attention to what was happening outside at all. Instead, he directed all his attention to the skeleton of the expert. First, he bowed deeply, and then he took the Space Ring.

When his hand touched the Space Ring, the skeleton disintegrated silently.

Although the vitality in the skeleton of a Primordial realm expert could remain for almost forever, this expert had been slain by the Samsaric Immortal Exalt, one of the five Grand Exalts of the Immortals' World, through his powers of samsara. The powers had already eaten away at his skeleton, so it turned to dust after the slightest of contact.

Master Chanlong sighed secretly at this sight. Even in the entire Saints' World, Primordial realm experts were powerful figures. They were respected.

However, the Primordial realm expert before him had actually been reduced to such a fate, where even his skeleton could not remain intact after his death. It was truly a matter worth sighing over.

Master Chanlong slowly picked up the Space Ring. Without even looking at the items inside, he stowed it away before emerging from his formation.

The other Godkings were stunned when they saw master Chanlong walk out of his formation. Originally, they believed he would use his formation against them, but they had never thought he would come out without any hesitation at all. Did he not know that he would directly face an encirclement of several Godkings without the formations?

The light in the eyes of the Godkings flickered. From how fearless Chanlong seemed, they hesitated. In the end, the three of them were still unable to resist the temptation of a Primordial realm expert's legacy, so with a flash, they surrounded Chanlong in a triangular formation.

Just when the three of them were about to speak out, a sharp strand of sword Qi and the power from the Laws of Destruction appeared. Jian Chen and Kai Ya struck out together. A snow-white streak of light had condensed on Jian Chen's right hand, making it seem like his entire right arm had become a sword. He stabbed it at one of the Godkings aggressively.

As for Kai Ya, she attacked a second Godking that surrounded Chanlong with hands full of power from the Laws of Destruction.

"Hmph, you dare to attack us as mere Overgods? Even if one of you is a supreme Overgod, you're merely ants in my eyes."

Killing intent flickered through the eyes of the two Godkings. One of them wielded a spear, while the other one used two swords as they struck out with the laws of Godkings.

Immediately, their might erupted, and surging energy shook up the surroundings. At the moment the Godking had stabbed out with his spear, his spear turned into an extremely thin beam of light, immediately stabbing through space and arriving before Jian Chen.

The Godking with the spear had naturally witnessed Jian Chen knock away the Godking with the huge mace earlier when Yun Xin offended him. However, he still did not treat Jian Chen with much importance.

This was because the mace-wielding man was already injured, so his strength was weakened. Coupled with him underestimating his opponent, it made sense for an Overgod to knock him away.

As a result, Jian Chen was only a supreme Overgod from the Overgods' Plaque in the Godking's eyes.

As long as he did not rank in the top ten, there was no need for the Godking to take him too seriously.

As for the Overgods who did rank in the top ten, they all possessed special features that the Godking knew. The person before him was definitely not one of them.

However, when his spear collided with Jian Chen's sword Qi, the Godking discovered to his shock that he failed to gain any advantage at all when he clashed with this Overgod despite his cultivation as a Godking.

"W- what is this power?" The Godking was secretly shocked. Jian Chen's strength did not come from the Laws of the Sword. Even though Jian Chen's laws were much more powerful than the laws the Godking had comprehended, this difference could be made up for by his superior cultivation. What truly mattered was the Chaotic Force that Jian Chen cultivated.

Jian Chen's presence erupted as he radiated with surging sword Qi. The sword Qi on his right hand grew once again, from three meters long to six. Like a streak of light, it plunged into the Godking's chest.

Spurt! The Godking immediately vomited blood. He was extremely shocked. Before Jian Chen could control the sword Qi to attack his soul, he immediately retreated rapidly, appearing hundreds of meters away in an instance.

At the same time, Kai Ya was locked in an intense battle against the Godking who wielded two swords. In terms of battle prowess, Kai Ya did not lose to Jian Chen at all. As a matter of fact, her usage of laws had already reached a great level of mastery, leaving Jian Chen in the dust. As a result, her battle ended in just a few moves as well. Kai Ya slammed the Godking in the back with her hand, knocking him away as he spurted blood.

"What terrifying Overgods!" In the distance, the only Godking who did not take part witnessed all of this personally. He immediately gasped.

In the blink of an eye, two of the three Godkings around Chanlong were already injured. The only one that remained was the black-clothed woman.

However, the black-clothed woman's eyes widened at this moment. She watched everything unfold dramatically in disbelief as she was dumbstruck.

Chapter 2034: A Volcanic World

Two late Overgods actually defeated two early Godkings in an open battle, and they had achieved a landslide victory. Their battle prowess was extremely astounding.

At that moment, the surroundings had fallen silent. Whether it was the Godkings who remained there or the Overgods who had gathered in the surroundings, they all stared at Jian Chen and Kai Ya with their mouths agape.

"W- who are you?" The spear-wielding Godking who Jian Chen had defeated stared at Jian Chen in complete shock and fear. His voice trembled slightly.

Only people who had personally clashed with Jian Chen could clearly sense his strength. The Godking understood that with Jian Chen's current strength, killing him would not take much effort at all.

However, he struggled to believe that such a powerful Overgod existed. Although he had not clashed with the supreme Overgod ranked first on the Overgods' Plaque, Mo Cheng, so he did not know how powerful he was, he was certain that not only was Jian Chen no weaker than Mo Cheng, but he was even slightly stronger as a matter of fact.

Jian Chen ignored the spear-wielding Godking. He looked at the dumbstruck woman in black and asked, "Ma'am, do you still want to contend for this Primordial realm expert's Space Ring?"

The woman who was also an early Godking could not help but shiver inside when she was faced with Jian Chen's sharp gaze. Her gaze towards him revealed some rare fear.

"I am Ye Wei, and greetings to you. Your strength has truly widened my horizons. With two supreme Overgods and a formations master, there truly is no one on the seventh floor who dares to eye the Primordial realm expert's Space Ring. I shall dismiss myself right now," the woman clasped her hands at Jian Chen and Kai Ya before leaving without even looking back.

Many Godkings had entered the Neptunean Divine Palace, but the more powerful ones had already gone to the highest floor. Not only were there extremely few Godkings remaining on the seventh floor, but they were basically all early Godking.

As a result, the Primordial realm expert's Space Ring ended up in Chanlong's hands. There truly was no one on the seventh floor who could contend with the trio for the Space Ring.

The Overgods had not even considered fighting for the Space Ring.

Master Chanlong held the Space Ring and arrived before Yun Xin slowly. He held out the Space Ring and said steadily with his old voice, "You've seen the origins of this Space Ring. I personally removed it from the remains of a Primordial realm expert. I haven't seen what is in there."

Yun Xin looked at master Chanlong rather numbly as she felt more shocked than she had ever experienced before. She was not only shocked over how master Chanlong could get through formations that late Godkings or even experts on the Godkings' Throne struggled to get through, but also shocked about Jian Chen and Kai Ya's strength.

She had heard that Jian Chen and Kai Ya were both supreme Overgods, but she always believed that they were supreme Overgods who did not possess particularly impressive ranks, so she never took it seriously.

However, she had never thought that Kai Ya and Jian Chen would actually be so impossibly powerful, where they could completely dominate early Godkings.

This affected Yun Xin so greatly that she still had not returned to her senses even now. She did not even hear what master Chanlong had said to her.

Master Chanlong continued, "There's probably a Primordial realm expert's legacy in this Space Ring. I'll give you two choices right now. You can take this Space Ring and leave the Neptunean Divine Palace, and our deal with the Yun family will be complete, where we will have no more ties with your Yun family any longer."

"The other choice would be for you to give up on this legacy and remain in the Neptunean Divine Palace, and we will continue to protect you for the rest of the year. However, we may not be able to obtain a second Primordial realm legacy during that year." Master Chanlong stared at Yun Xin brightly, "Miss Yun Xin, which option do you choose?"

Jian Chen and Kai Ya stared at Yun Xin as well. With Yun Xin beside them, they were unable to unleash their full power in many matters.

For example, when they fought the two Godkings earlier, they did not dare to focus on their opponent and constantly paid some attention to Yun Xin to prevent any accidents.

As a result, they naturally wished for her to leave.

Yun Xin returned to her senses. She suppressed her shock, and she closely recalled what master Chanlong had just said. She stared at the Space Ring in Chanlong's hand as her eyes flickered with an uncertain light. She was facing a dilemma.

It was probably more accurate to describe her visit to the Neptunean Divine Palace as something for playing instead of training. She wanted to see just what kind of place the Neptunean Divine Palace that had attracted so many organisations across the Saints' World was.

As a result, she had never considered obtaining a legacy in here.

The Neptunean Divine Palace had been opened so many times, so the items that could be taken away easily were all gone already. The legacies that remained were difficult to obtain even when many Godkings used everything they knew. She had come here as an Overgod, so how could she compete with those Godkings?

Yet right now, when master Chanlong presented a Space Ring to her, apart from great surprise, Yun Xin also felt that this was completely unreal.

"Hmph, you want to chase me away, don't you? I won't accept it. What can you do?" Yun Xin said suddenly.

When Yun Xin said that, she had betrayed her thoughts. She desired the Space Ring very much because this was what a Primordial realm expert of the Neptunean Divine Palace had left behind. It probably contained everything they owned.

If she obtained the Space Ring, it would hold great significance for the Yun family.

However, she unexpectedly declined in the end.

"Let's go then," Jian Chen sighed gently. He was slightly disappointed.

"Miss Yun Xin, I hope that you can behave yourself from now on," Kai Ya glared at Yun Xin as she said somewhat threateningly.

Yun Xin blinked, but surprisingly, she did not say anything this time.

They continued on their way.

However, after what had happened this time, Yun Xin became obedient. She no longer treated herself as the centre of the world, and she would even allow Jian Chen and the others to make the decision sometimes. As a matter of fact, Yun Xin had even asked Jian Chen about which path they should take when they came across a fork. This would have been impossible at the start of the trip.

In regards to Jian Chen, Kai Ya, and master Chanlong's suggestions and decisions, Yun Xin went from the objection and disregard from before to wholehearted support now. She completely treated the three of them as equals.

Yun Xin's drastic change was quite unbelievable for Jian Chen's group. They felt like she had become a completely different person, where they almost did not recognise her.

However, the three of them understood that this was all because of their strength. If they did not display their overwhelming strength and allowed Yun Xin to continue to treat them like nobodies, she would not have changed at all.

Very soon, the four of them arrived on the eighth floor of the Neptunean Divine Palace. It was a world of volcanoes that stretched as far as the eye could see. The entire place was red, and the terrifying heat even distorted space.

These volcanoes were no regular volcanoes. Instead, a Primordial realm expert of the Neptunean Divine Palace had created them through great abilities. The flames were extremely terrifying, where just some scattered sparks posed a fatal threat to Overgods.

Chapter 2035: Fire Divine Crystals

Jian Chen, Kai Ya, Chanlong, and Yun Xin hovered high in the sky. Below them, there was a sea of fire formed from lava. The flames burned extremely vigorously, surging several dozen meters into the sky.

From afar, this was an extremely grand scene. The vicious and brutal fire seemed to become the only thing in the world. As it shone brightly, it also hid terrifying danger.

Jian Chen glanced out and discovered a few black rocks of various sizes floating in the lava. The smallest ones were only several meters wide, while the largest one was over a thousand meters wide.

At a closer glance, it was quite obvious that the black rocks bobbed up and down in the lava that spewed terrifying flames. The rocks were eye-catching like archipelagos in oceans.

Jian Chen took out a medium quality saint artifact from his Space Ring and directly dropped it into the lava below.

As soon as the saint artifact came in contact with the lava, it reddened instantly and began to melt at a visible rate.

In under a minute, the saint artifact had melted completely, becoming a part of the lava.

Jian Chen's eyes narrowed at the sight of this. He knew extremely well just how tough a medium quality saint artifact was, yet even something like that was unable to endure the heat from the lava.

The lava was far more terrifying than he had expected it to be.

"The black rocks floating in the lava seem to be... they seem to be Pyrnite Ore," master Chanlong cried out as he stared at the black pieces of rock of various sizes. Shock filled his face.

"Pyrnite Ore? What's that?" Jian Chen, Kai Ya, and Yun Xin were all confused as they stared at the black rocks.

Master Chanlong sucked in a deep breath and said slowly, "I've only read about Pyrnite Ore in an ancient book, so I'm still not sure if these black rocks are Pyrnite Ore. Let me have a closer look."

Master Chanlong immediately flew towards the closest piece of black rock. In the end, he stopped hundreds of meters above a rock that was only several meters wide. The power of his cultivation formed an energy barrier around him to repel the terrifying heat there.

The terrifying heat from the lava made it difficult for master Chanlong to descend. Moreover, after he approached the black rock, he felt like the heat from the rock was several times greater than the lava.

Suddenly, master Chanlong trembled. At that moment, he struggled to remain composed even with his mental fortitude. He sucked in a deep breath and said with a rather trembling voice, "That's right. It's the same as what was recorded in the book. These black rocks are indeed Pyrnite Ore. They're a high grade God Tier material. Probably just a fist of it is worth an unimaginable price. There's actually so much of it here."

Jian Chen finally understood what the Pyrnite Ore was from that. It was actually a high grade God Tier material.

God Tier materials were split into four major grades, which were low, mid, high, and supreme.

The God Tier was split into a further nine grades.

The first to third grades were low grade, fourth to sixth were mid grade, and seventh to ninth were high grade.

Jian Chen could not help but gasp as he stared at the black rocks floating in the lava. If all of them were Pyrnite Ore, he struggled to imagine just how much it was all worth.

Jian Chen descended from the sky. He wanted to land on a piece to inspect it closely, but when he was only fifty meters away from the Pyrnite Ore, he could not help but stop.

The Pyrnite Ore gave off an extremely intense heat. Even origin energy was vaporised around it. It was definitely much more terrifying than the lava around it. Even with his Chaotic Body, he was only able to reach fifty meters away from the Pyrnite Ore.

If he took another step forwards, even his Chaotic Body would not be able to endure it.

"Probably even late Godkings cannot approach these Pyrnite Ore!" Jian Chen was secretly shocked. At the same time, he felt that it was a great pity. They had just entered a place full of treasures, yet they had to leave empty-handed. No one could emerge in a happy mood from that.

Suddenly, Jian Chen's eyes narrowed, and he extended a finger. Immediately, a strand of sword Qi shot out. It created a deep thud when it struck the Pyrnite Ore below. From the pulse of energy, a red crystal that laid on the Pyrnite Ore was knocked high into the sky.

Jian Chen caught the red crystal. It was only the size of a chicken egg and oval-shaped. It felt warm, and it seemed to hide an extremely pure fire-attributed energy.

Aside from the pure fire-attributed energy, Jian Chen sense the presence of the Laws of Fire in the crystal.

As she looked at the fire-red crystal in Jian Chen's hand, Yun Xin said, "That's a fire divine crystal. According to the people who have entered here before, fire divine crystals can only be obtained from here, the eighth floor of the Neptunean Divine Palace."

"The fire divine crystals contain the Laws of Fire, so they're priceless treasures to cultivators who comprehend the Laws of Fire. Not only is the fire-attributed energy in the fire divine crystals much purer than supreme grade divine crystals, but the constant contact with the Laws of Fire in them will assist with comprehension as well."

Yun Xin glanced at Jian Chen and continued, "The fire divine crystals are extremely valuable. If you take it out, they're worth at least ten times more than supreme grade divine crystals."

Jian Chen's eyes lit up. He said, "If the fire divine crystal in my hand is divided according to the standard, it'll be twenty to thirty pieces. In other words, if this piece of fire divine crystal is converted into supreme grade divine crystals, it'll be two to three hundred of them. If I could get even more fire divine crystals..."

Jian Chen looked at the string of volcanoes nearby and said, "It's impossible for these fire divine crystals to appear on the Pyrnite Ore. It looks like the volcanoes spit them out. There must be extremely many fire divine crystals at the bottoms of the volcanoes."

"That's right. There are indeed many fire divine crystals below the volcanoes. Many people who have come out have confirmed this because every time the volcanoes erupt, quite a lot of fire divine crystals will be let out. Most of them fall into the lava, and only a fraction of them would end up on these black rocks, which would then be collected by people. Unfortunately, the flames here are nothing but extraordinary. As a result, every time the volcanoes erupt, no one dares to approach them. Once they catch on fire, even late Godkings can die, so it's even more impossible to venture to the bottom of the volcano. As a result, the fire divine crystals aren't so easy to obtain here," Yun Xin said with some pity. She no longer acted arrogantly anymore at all.

At this moment, the fire-attributed energy suddenly began to behave violently. The entire world seemed to tremble as a volcano over ten thousand meters away from them erupted. Fire surged into the sky.

The Neptunean Divine Palace only seemed to be over a hundred thousand meters long, but the past experts had transformed the interior space into miniature worlds. It was so vast that it was impossible to measure the interior with meters, unlike the exterior.

For example, the space of the eighth floor was so great that it stretched for over a million kilometers.

"Let's go have a look," said Jian Chen before flying off to the erupting volcano first.

Chapter 2036: Jian Chen's Wild Ambition

When Jian Chen's group approached the place, the volcanoes there were erupting. The craters on several peaks spewed out huge pillars of red light composed from scorching lava right at the sky.

These volcanoes were not naturally-occurring. Instead, Primordial realm experts of the Daoist Sect of Neptunea had personally created them, so the scene of them erupting naturally could not be compared to the eruptions of natural volcanoes.

From afar, the fire-red lava that the volcanoes spewed out seemed to plunge into the clouds, making a connection with the red clouds in the sky. It seemed like a link between the sky and the ground, forming an extremely grand sight.

Jian Chen's group stood far away. The volcanoes were nothing short of extraordinary. The lava they spewed out filled the group with fear.

They could clearly sense that within the lava, there were slivers of power from the Laws of Fire, and it was enough to pose a fatal threat to Godkings.

Aside from them, many more people hovered in the sky as well. They all stood around the volcanoes, maintaining their distance.

Their cultivations varied. There were Overgods and also Godkings, but at this moment, all of them had raised their heads at the sky to stare at the lava that plunged into the clouds.

Finally, the lava fell from the sky. Flames flickered around the lava as they descended everywhere like terrifyingly hot rain.

Wherever the lava passed by, the origin energy in the air seemed to be set alight, where even a gentle breath of it would seem like the internal organs were lit on fire.

The range of the lava constantly increased in all directions, enveloping several hundred meters of the surroundings. It forced all the cultivators in that range to rapidly retreat.

At this moment, a gleam of light flashed through Jian Chen's eyes. He discovered that there were quite a few fire divine crystals within the lava rain. They varied in size, where they could be as small as a fingernail or as large as a head.

It was also at this moment that the cultivators in the surroundings struck out. They either used chain-like or rope-like saint artifacts, and with a single thought, all those saint artifacts elongated indefinitely, allowing them to collect fire divine crystals from afar.

These saint artifacts were all high quality at the very least, with many being supreme quality.

As a result, even though the lava was extremely terrifying and could melt medium quality saint artifacts, there was no need to worry about damage if they accidentally got some lava on the high quality saint artifacts given their toughness.

Moreover, all the cultivators would make their saint artifacts avoid the falling lava to their greatest ability so that there would not be any awkward scenes where the saint artifacts did melt during the process of collection.

Very soon, all the lava had fallen. They either fell into the sea of lava below, or they landed on the Pyrnite Ore floating on the sea of lava before slowly vanishing.

"The heat from the Pyrnite Ore truly is terrifying. The reason why the lava has vanished is not because it has become part of the Pyrnite Ore, but instead, it has been vaporised by the terrifying heat the ore gives off. They've been burned to nothingness," Jian Chen sighed in amazement.

A few fire divine crystals of various sizes also landed on the pieces of Pyrnite Ore. There were even more fire divine crystals that had not been collected, falling into the sea of lava.

"Haha, that is quite the harvest this time. If I convert them to supreme grade divine crystals, it should be almost half a block."

"I am rather lucky this time. I've actually gotten two head-sized pieces of fire divine crystals."

In the distance, many cultivators who collected the fire divine crystals smiled at each other as they showed off their harvest. They were satisfied.

However, not everyone was like that. Some people had failed to get anything, so they were depressed.

"Let's go to the next area. The volcanoes several tens of thousand kilometers away from here seem to be about to erupt." Everyone dispersed.

Quite a number of people stayed on the eighth formation. Many Godkings knew that they were unable to contend for the legacies on the higher floors, so they remained on the eighth floor to collect fire divine crystals when the volcano erupted.

The eighth floor was extremely large while the volcanoes were packed as well. There were whole chains of them, regularly erupting with many fire divine crystals.

As a result, quite a few people would directly remain on the eighth floor of the Neptunean Divine Palace for the whole decade every time the structure opened before leaving with a lot of fire divine crystals.

Jian Chen did not collect these fire divine crystals. Instead, he quietly paid attention to the churning sea of lava below him. His furrowed his brows slightly as the light in his eyes flickered.

Yun Xin seemed to understand what Jian Chen was thinking of from his expression. She could not help but pout, "There's probably already a thick layer of fire divine crystals from the accumulation across the years. However, you better not attempt to obtain them. According to the rumors outside, no one dared to go down. Even experts on the Godkings' Throne avoid the lava from a distance."

"I've even heard that some weaker Infinite Primes can't enter the lava."

Jian Chen did not become dejected at all. He said calmly, "Indeed, I am unable to approach the lava with my current strength. However, if I can advance my strength, it'll be different. Let's go."

The four of them continued onwards. After checking through most of the eighth floor, they went to the ninth floor without any reluctance at all.

Jian Chen felt like the eighth floor was especially for nurturing the Pyrnite Ore and that there were no legacies on the floor at all.

However, he clearly was not powerful enough right now to eye the Pyrnite Ore. Let alone touch it, he could not even approach it.

As for the fire divine crystals, he was not tempted by the ones from the volcanoes at all because they were just far too few. If he collected them at this speed, he might not even collect enough of them to pay for the fee of a single teleport between planes.

What truly drew his attention was the fire divine crystals at the bottom of the lava.

"The matter at hand is to break through with my comprehension as soon as possible. As long as I reach the major achievement of Sword Spirit, I'll be able to progress with my Chaotic Body.

"Once I reach the twelfth layer of the Chaotic Body, even if it's not enough to endure the terrifying heat of the lava, I still should be able to last for a while in there. Coupled with the toughness of the Anatta Tower, it won't be impossible for me to collect the fire divine crystals at the bottom," Jian Chen planned ahead.

Chapter 2037: The Neptunean Sun and Moon

The path from the first floor all the way to the twelfth floor was no longer some type of secret in the Saints' World. After all, the Neptunean Divine Palace had been opened far too many. Naturally, many people had made it to the twelfth floor. As a result, even when some organisations wanted to lock down on the information of the place, they were unable to do so.

Although Jian Chen's group knew very little about the Neptunean Divine Palace, or even basically nothing, they had learnt the correct path up from Yun Lianqing.

As a result, they easily found the entrance to the ninth floor and climbed up.

The ninth floor of the Neptunean Divine Palace was not a place where regular disciples could enter. Back when the Daoist Sect of Neptunea still existed, anyone who could enter the ninth floor possessed great authority. None of them were weaklings.

Both the environment and scenery on the ninth floor were especially pretty and impressive. There was an endless stretch of mountains and rivers as far as the eye could see. The water and sky were both a deep blue while pure and rich origin energy filled every inch of the space. It completely exceeded any holy land that Jian Chen had seen in the past.

A huge, scorching sun hung in the sky. It was bright yet eye-catching, shining with a mix of colors. It prevented people from looking at it directly.

"Is this... a god artifact?" Jian Chen was immediately shocked as soon as he saw the sun in the sky.

He had seen many god artifacts already. Both the damaged piece of armor and the Anatta Tower were god artifacts.

However, all god artifacts gave off an extremely special presence and pulse. Their power was on a completely different level than supreme quality saint artifacts.

Right now, he could sense the special pulse that belonged to a god artifact from the sun in the sky.

"That's right; it's indeed a god artifact. What extravagance. They're actually using a god artifact as a sun," Chanlong squinted as he stared at the sun in the sky. He was amazed.

God artifacts were absolute treasures in the Saints' World. They were extremely rare.

This was because many Infinite Primes in the Saints' World did not possess god artifacts. The treasures they used would still be supreme quality saint artifacts.

The appearance of a god artifact, even just a god artifact of the lowest grade, was enough to make many Infinite Primes engage in a bloody battle against one another.

That was how valuable god artifacts were.

"It must be your first time coming to the Neptunean Divine Palace," a voice rang out from nearby at this moment, and a middle-aged man walked over slowly. He smiled amiably as he clasped his fist at Jian Chen's group.

Jian Chen's group had discovered the existence of the middle-aged man right from the start. Just when they had come to the ninth floor, the middle-aged man had come up from the eighth floor as well.

They were not unfamiliar with the middle-aged man. He was the only Godking who did not attack them when they broke through the Primordial realm formation on the seventh floor before.

"I am Xiao Zheng, and I greet you all," the middle-aged man clasped his fist at Jian Chen's group before looking at the sun in the sky. He said, "It looks like you don't understand the situation inside the Neptunean Divine Palace. The sun is indeed a god artifact, but in the Neptunean Divine Palace, from the eighth floor onwards, each floor is a world. The space of the floors below cannot be compared to them at all."

"After the experts of the Daoist Sect of Neptunea in the past created such large worlds, they naturally had to keep them stable so that all the five elements were balanced. This sun separates the yin and yang of this world, so it's naturally crucial. As a result, every floor beyond the ninth floor will have a god artifact as a sun, left behind by the past experts of the sect. They separate the yin and yang of those worlds."

"Of course, there's also the moon aside from the sun. However, this moon only exists in legends. No one has personally witnessed it out of everyone who has entered here."

"Why? What's so special about the moon? Or should we say that the moon was taken away by someone?" Yun Xin asked curiously. She had never heard of this before.

Xiao Zheng smiled from that. He said, "Taken away? It's not that simple to just take away the god artifacts that stabilize the yin and yang of the Neptunean Divine Palace. Moreover, Primordial realm experts can't enter the Neptunean Divine Palace. It's impossible for mere Godkings to take away god artifacts, even if they're ranked first on the Godkings' Throne."

"That's because it's rumored that these god artifacts were personally set down by those ancestors of the Daoist Sect of Neptunea."

Xiao Zheng showed respect as soon as he mentioned the ancestors. He said sternly, "Those ancestors are Grand Primes. They're existences who stand at the apex. Even Chaotic Primes can't take away things they've set down themselves, let alone Godkings. It's rumored that the disappearance of the moon is related to the calamity the sect suffered from over three million years ago. It was like the moon had vanished after the Daoist Sect of Neptunea was destroyed."

Xiao Zheng paused here before continuing, "There is even a rumor in the Saints' World that says the sun and moon in the Neptunean Divine Palace aren't as simple as they seem, and they hold a deeper secret. When the sun vanishes, and the moon rises again, the Neptunean Divine Palace will experience a great change."

"A great change?" This time, it was not just Yun Xin. Even Jian Chen, Chanlong, and Kai Ya became interested.

Xiao Zheng nodded sternly, "That's what they say. It's said that this message came from a supreme expert of the Saints' World before being disclosed somehow. It spread through the entire Saints' World such that many people know of this now. It's just that no one is certain whether this huge change will be a curse or a blessing, so aside from those experts who can peer into the secrets of the world, no one else has the right to even come close to this secret."

At this moment, Xiao Zheng smiled freely. He said, "But who cares if something big will happen to the Neptunean Divine Palace, right? It's not like it has anything to do with us. Even if the sky comes falling, there'll be those powerful people to hold it up."

"Oh right. You don't seem very familiar with the Neptunean Divine Palace. The ninth floor is so vast that searching it inch by inch will not only be a waste time, but you'll struggle to find anything as well. Even if you come across a dwelling a Primordial realm expert left behind thanks to luck, you need to remember that what each floor possesses and where on each floor they are is no longer a secret to those large organisations after this place has been opened so many times. As a result, there must be many Godkings outside each Primordial realm expert's dwelling, trying to get through the formations. There might even be supreme Godkings from the Godkings' Throne. With our strength, we'll truly struggle to benefit from anything before them."

"I just happen to know about a Divine Medicinal Garden on the ninth floor. There's a large number of God Tier heavenly resources planted there and even quite a few Flowers of Ways. Flowers of Ways are divine objects that have the laws of the world imprinted in them. If peak Godkings consume them, they can increase their chances of reaching the Primordial realm by several dozen percent. It's even somewhat effective on Primordial realm experts. They're extremely valuable, so I was wondering whether you'd be interested."

Xiao Zheng stared at the four of them eagerly, but his gaze was mostly focused on master Chanlong.

"Since this Divine Medicinal Garden possesses so many God Tier heavenly resources, many people must be trying to possess them," Jian Chen looked at Xiao Zheng.

Xiao Zheng nodded, "That's right. There are indeed many people in the Divine Medicinal Garden, but because there are many heavenly resources, there's no need to worry about any conflicts of interest. It's just that each heavenly resource is protected by powerful formations. Harvesting them is not an easy matter, but I believe with what this master used to get through the formation on the seventh floor, the formations protecting the heavenly resources shouldn't pose a problem at all."

Chapter 2038: A Land Littered with Heavenly Resources

"Xiao Zheng, you probably aren't telling us this for nothing, right? State your conditions," said Jian Chen. Xiao Zheng had approached them purposefully as soon as he had appeared. He was extremely enthusiastic and active, so he probably had some other intentions in mind.

Xiao Zheng was surprised by Jian Chen's words before immediately smiling, "You misunderstand. I only saw that your knowledge of the situation inside the Neptunean Divine Palace was lacking, so I wanted to share some of the information I knew with you, hoping that it would provide you with some hope."

"And the information I've told you really is no secret. I believe that most people who have come into the Neptunean Divine Palace know some things about this, so why would I demand conditions for worthless information?"

"Although I can't exactly say I'm a completely righteous person, I'm not shameless enough to do something like that."

Xiao Zheng said righteously as his expression seemed somewhat dignified. He gave off a righteous air.

Jian Chen looked at Xiao Zheng calmly. He thought of the divine king of the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian from Xiao Zheng's presence.

The presence that Xiao Zheng gave off right now was extremely similar to the divine king. It was the presence of a ruler.

Normally, only rulers who reigned over an entire region and had a great status would possess a presence like this.

At this moment, Xiao Zheng paused before clasping his hands at Jian Chen's group. He said, "Of course, if you don't mind, I can be a guide for you. Although I don't understand everything about the Neptunean Divine Palace, I do know about most of it."

Jian Chen was interested in Xiao Zheng's suggestion. They just happened to lack a guide that could help them avoid a few winds in the road, so he immediately agreed to Xiao Zheng's suggestion.

Afterwards, Xiao Zheng joined Jian Chen's group successfully before directly taking them towards the Divine Medicinal Garden.

Along the way, Jian Chen and the others got to know Xiao Zheng a little. He came from the Heniu Plane, which was quite close to the Neptunean Divine Palace. As a matter of fact, the Heniu Plane was clearly visible from outside the Neptunean Divine Palace.

Xiao Zheng did not come from some large sect or clan. Instead, he was the divine king of a divine kingdom.

The divine kingdom's size was about the same as the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian, but due to its extremely remote location and lack of resources, the entire kingdom only had a single Godking, Xiao Zheng.

Xiao Zheng had come into the Neptunean Divine Palace many times already. He would pay a certain price each time to buy a spot from other organisations.

The ninth floor was simply far too vast. Even when they moved at their full speed, it took them an entire day to arrive at the Divine Medicinal Garden Xiao Zheng mentioned.

The garden was located in a valley surrounded by mountains. Only a winding path served as an entrance.

"What dense origin energy. All the spiritual veins of the ninth floor gather in this valley, where all of them nourish this place," Jian Chen could not help but sigh in surprise as he stood at the entrance to the valley. Under these conditions, even an Immortal Tier heavenly resource would be able to evolve into a God Tier heavenly resource in an extremely short amount of time if it were planted here.

They followed the winding path and hovered into the valley.

As soon as they entered the valley, everyone apart from Xiao Zheng was stunned by the landscape around them. They stared at it dumbstruck, where astonishment filled their faces.

The huge valley was littered with heavenly resources. They were on the ground, the mountain peaks, and the cliffs. It was unimaginable.

All of these heavenly resources had reached the God Tier without any exception. They were extremely valuable.

Even if some of the heavenly resources there were of the Immortal Tier, they had evolved into God Tier under the unique conditions of the valley after such a long period of growing here.

The only pity was that all these God Tier heavenly resources were protected by a powerful layer of formations. Obtaining them would be extremely difficult.

Over a thousand people had gathered in the Divine Medicinal Garden. They tried all types of methods to get through the formations that protected the heavenly resources as booms constantly rang out.

"Oh my god, there are actually so many God Tier heavenly resources here. Even I have never heard of so many God Tier heavenly resources gathered in a single place," Yun Xin sighed in surprise as her eyes burned with desire.

Probably no one could remain composed after seeing such a terrifying amount of God Tier heavenly resources.

"There are actually over a dozen Flowers of Ways here..." Jian Chen slowly scanned across the place as he sighed in surprise.

In the past, fairy Hao Yue had killed the nine Godkings that protected the Yin Mountains of Sevens Despair and even offended the ninth prince of the Blood Sun Empire for a single Flower of Ways.

Yet, there were over a dozen Flower of Ways here, and from their grade, they seemed to be far better than the one fairy Hao Yue had obtained before. It truly was a Divine Medicinal Garden.

"Although there are many heavenly resources here, only a little over a dozen of them are taken away each time the Neptunean Divine Palace is opened," Xiao Zheng sighed gently.

"Let me get through the formations," master Chanlong became interested as well. His breath became rather ragged. Clearly, he was struggling to maintain his composure as well.

Immediately, he arrived before the nearest heavenly resource and began to study the formation so that he could get through it.

At this moment, a bloodied, middle-aged man in tattered clothes ran over mindlessly, charging up the winding path as if he was fleeing for his life. When he discovered the garden, he came to a halt and was slightly surprised as well. His face immediately changed drastically, and he wanted to turn around and flee.

The only entrance to the Divine Medicinal Garden was the winding path. There were formations in the surrounding mountains, making it impossible to fly out. However, the middle-aged man was clearly being hunted down by enemies, so coming to the dead end of the Divine Medicinal Garden basically guaranteed his death.

The middle-aged man's arrival naturally drew the attention of some of the people nearby. Quite a few people looked over with strange gazes.

Yun Xin discovered him as well. However, when she saw the bloodied middle-aged man, her face immediately changed, and she subconsciously called out, "Uncle Lai!"

The middle-aged man immediately shuddered from that. He stopped unconsciously to look back at Yun Xin as he became extremely stunned.

Jian Chen and Kai Ya also recognised this middle-aged man. They were surprised.

They had seen this middle-aged man before. He was one of the sixteen Godkings of the Yun family. His name was Yun Daolai.

Yun Daolai's surprise only lasted for a short while. After seeing Yun Xin, he immediately ran back, arriving before her in a flash. He shoved a Space Ring into Yun Xin's hand without raising any attention and said to her secretly, "Take this ring and leave here immediately. Go!"

After that, Yun Daolai left in a hurry. He seemed extremely frantic.

Chapter 2039: First on the Overgods' Plaque

Yun Xin's mouth hung agape as she saw Yun Daolai hurry off into the distance. She wanted to say something before stopping herself. Afterwards, she carefully glanced at the Space Ring in her hand before clutching it tightly as if she was afraid that someone unrelated to this matter would discover it.

Yun Daolai was covered in wounds and blood. He was extremely injured, yet he still wanted to protect the Space Ring under such conditions. It was obvious just how important the Space Ring was.

Jian Chen and Kai Ya naturally sensed Yun Daolai's inconspicuous action, which caused their faces to change slightly.

Yun Daolai believed that his actions were extremely well-hidden, but it was a pity that he was simply too flustered, probably due to the fact that he was fleeing for his life. He naturally attracted the attention of some people in the surroundings from how hurried he was, so not only did Jian Chen and Kai Ya sense his actions, but a few Godkings who were attempting everything they could to take the heavenly resources in the Divine Heavenly Garden had sensed it as well.

This was because Yun Daolai was only an early Godking. There were many people much more powerful than Yun Daolai in the Divine Medicinal Garden, so he was naturally unable to hide it from them.

Immediately, quite a few people shifted their gazes from the heavenly resources and looked towards Yun Xin. Many of them bore avaricious gazes.

Clearly, they had realised the value of the Space Ring.

At this moment, master Chanlong had stopped breaking through the formation. He gathered with Jian Chen and the others, and their faces were extremely grim.

The three of them had realised that they were in great trouble now.

Yun Daolai was already busy enough with his own matters, so he clearly did not realise just how much trouble he had caused for Yun Xin. He was currently fleeing from the Divine Medicinal Garden as quickly as he could.

"I can't let them know that I've already handed the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways to Yun Xin, that girl, nor can I let them know that the root is not with me anymore. Otherwise, they'll look for it, and by then, not only will the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways be lost, but even Yun Xin's life will be lost. As a result, I have to draw them far away as quickly as I can so that I can give Yun Xin some time to leave." Madness filled Yun Daolai's eyes. The Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways was the hope of their Yun family to rise up. Even if he had to offer up his life, he had to keep the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways safe.

"Yun Xin, you can't disappoint me. You have to take the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways out with you," Yun Daolai pleaded inside. He could only place his hopes on Yun Xin at that moment.

Yun Daolai did not think too much about whether Jian Chen and so on around Yun Xin were reliable or not.

However, at this moment, a huge strand of sword Qi shone brightly, directly shooting over from beyond the winding path.

Yun Daolai's face suddenly changed, and he came to a halt. Facing the sword Qi, his heart sank immediately, and he cleaved out suddenly with a blade.

Boom!

Yun Daolai's blade collided with the sword Qi. The sword Qi dispersed, while Yun Daolai's strike ran out of power as well.

However, when the sword Qi dispersed, it exposed the Laws of Destruction instead.

The Laws of Destruction were hidden within the sword Qi. The moment the sword Qi collapsed, the Laws of Destruction shot out like an arrow, punching through Yun Daolai's body with lightning speed.

Spurt! Yun Daolai vomited blood as his body was blasted backwards. He was knocked back into the Divine Medicinal Garden, and his pale face became even whiter.

"Uncle Lai!" Yun Xin cried out. She wanted to charge over regardless of the danger, but Jian Chen forcefully stopped her.

In the Divine Medicinal Garden, a few people who were gradually approaching Yun Xin stopped from the sudden change in the situation. They all looked towards the only entrance to the Divine Medicinal Garden.

Jian Chen also gazed over there grimly.

An extremely handsome young man in white, loose clothes who seemed to be in his twenties entered the Divine Medicinal Garden at a steady pace with a sword in his hand.

Behind the young man was an old man in azure robes.

The old man's presence was concealed completely, so he seemed like a simple old man.

"He's actually only an Overgod."

"An Overgod managed to injure an early Godking with a single strike. Even though the early Godking is already wounded, this battle prowess is shocking enough."

"The Laws of the Sword and the Laws of Destruction. This Overgod has actually comprehended two of the most offensive laws. He truly is terrifying."

"He must be well renowned on the Overgods' Plaque, and he must be ranked quite high."

Discussions began in the Divine Medicinal Garden. Many people communicated secretly with each other as they sighed in surprise.

The sword-wielding young man was expressionless and cold. He strode towards Yun Daolai. He did not move quickly, walking just like an ordinary person. However, he gave off a supreme presence.

In particular, the young man's cold gaze looked at Yun Daolai like a great lord looking at an ant. It was cold and condescending.

It would not have been very strange if a Godking was doing that, but the young man just happened to be an Overgod.

Clearly, Yun Daolai feared this young man very much. As the young man approached him, he retreated as well while his face was ashen.

"No one can take what I want. Hand the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways over. You can't keep it," the young man said coldly.

"What? A Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways?"

"I never thought that someone would have actually obtained a Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways. That's a treasure that even Primordial realm experts will fight to the death for."

Cries immediately rang out in the surroundings.

"A Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways. It's actually a Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways." Xiao Zheng was also stunned. He murmured, "It's said that the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways contains the ways of the world. Not only can Infinite Primes raise their cultivation by one to three Heavenly Layers in an extremely short amount of time with it, but it even increases their chances at becoming Chaotic Primes as well. It's rumored in the Saints' World that all the people who have ingested Spiritual Roots of Heavenly Ways have basically become Chaotic Primes. The remaining people who failed died along the way."

Xiao Zheng was the divine king of a tiny divine kingdom on the Heniu Plane. He was not powerful, nowhere close to the Primordial realm, but he did know quite a lot.

Jian Chen was surprised by that as well. A Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways could basically create a Chaotic Prime. Its value would be terrifying.

Yun Xin was stunned as well. She thought, "Did the Space Ring that uncle Lai just give me contain a Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways?" Even though that was what she thought, Yun Xin did not dare to peer into it.

"Mo Cheng, you have no need for the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways with your talent. Why must you fight with us?" Yun Daolai roared out with much unwillingness. For the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways, they had paid a great price. Six of their sixteen Godkings had passed away.

This was because the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways was directly connected to their Yun family's future. They were willing to sacrifice their lives for it.

Yet now, the appearance of the young man made Yun Daolai feel despair.

He knew that the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways that their sixteen Godkings had paid a great price for could no longer be taken out.

When Yun Daolai called out the young man's name, it immediately caused a great commotion in the Divine Medicinal Garden.

"What? Mo Cheng? He's Mo Cheng? The supreme Overgod ranked first on the Overgods' Plaque?"

"The supreme Overgod ranked first on the Overgods' Plaque, Mo Cheng, has actually entered the Neptunean Divine Palace this time as well. That's news enough to shake up the entire place."

"Mo Cheng is the undebated greatest Overgod in the entire Saints' World. It's said that the legacy Mo Cheng received is extremely impressive, where his cultivation method is one of the greatest even with the entire Saints' World in perspective."

"Are there still any other Overgods who can put up a fight against Mo Cheng in the current Saints' World?"

"Mo Cheng is so powerful that he can easily kill early Godkings. There's probably no one who can match up to Mo Cheng since he has such great battle prowess. No one can overwhelm him as long as more powerful Godkings don't appear."

All the Godkings stared at Mo Cheng in the Divine Medicinal Garden. There was surprise, envy as well as fear. As for the few Overgods present, they all looked at Mo Cheng with deep reverence and admiration.

Mo Cheng was the shining star among Overgods, enough to illuminate the entire world. His name had already spread across the forty-nine great planes and the eighty-one great planets long ago.

That was because he was the most powerful Overgod in the entire world. His name stood high up on the Overgods' Plaques on all the planes and planets. It was dazzling and eye-catching.

Chapter 2040: Jian Chen Steps Forward

Mo Cheng completely ignored the surprised sighs in the surroundings. He also paid no attention to the gazes of envy and admiration. He remained calm and composed, where his heart was as still as a rock, unaffected by the outside world.

This was not a result of how developed his mental state was. Instead, it was because he was used to witnessing this wherever he went.

Mo Cheng stared at Yun Daolai coldly and said, "I may not need the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways, but the people around me need it."

Yun Daolai stared at Mo Cheng viciously and furiously. He roared out with much unwillingness, "For this Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways, we've paid an extremely hefty price. A total of six of the sixteen Godkings in our clan have died. Are they supposed to just die for nothing?"

Mo Cheng's expression did not change. He said coldly, "The strong preying on the weak is the law of survival in this world. Although you discovered the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways first, you unfortunately don't have the strength to keep it. As a result, all your hard work is useless. You might even become prey."

"As for me, I am more powerful than you. Whether you become my prey can be decided in a single instance."

Mo Cheng acted haughty, completely looking down on Yun Daolai.

However, the current him truly did possess that right. Even when Yun Daolai was at his peak condition, Mo Cheng had no need to treat him seriously with his strength.

This was because he, Mo Cheng, was the supreme Overgod ranked first on the Overgods' Plaque. His battle prowess was unrivalled, where there was no longer anyone who could match up to him among Overgods.

"Considering how you've already lost quite a few people for the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways, I'll spare your life if you hand it over willingly. Otherwise, only death awaits you!" Mo Cheng said. When he uttered his last sentence, intense killing intent immediately radiated from him. He did not conceal it at all.

Everyone in the Divine Medicinal Garden had stopped already. They watched on quietly. Even though the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways made them green with envy, none of them, including the few late Godkings, dared to take part in this.

As the Overgod ranked first on the Overgods' Plaque, his background was so great that they could not afford to offend him.

Moreover, even though the azure-robed old man behind Mo Cheng kept his presence concealed such that no one could tell his cultivation level, it was exactly this that made him seem unfathomable.

"Hahaha, even if I die, I won't give you the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways," Yun Daolai laughed aloud as determination flooded his eyes. A Space Ring appeared in his hand, and he wanted to use the senses of his soul that he had left in the Space Ring to blow it up.

Mo Cheng's eyes turned cold. With a cold snort, he formed a seal with his left hand before extending a finger towards Yun Daolai.

The finger contained mysterious and great power. Yun Daolai only felt his body tighten up, and at that moment, he was completely immobilized, sealed up by a mysterious power.

Even though the immobilization only lasted for a short instance, Mo Cheng had already arrived before Yun Daolai. He swung his sword and chopped off Yun Daolai's right hand mercilessly, taking away his Space Ring.

"What is this secret technique? It can freeze an early Godking for a moment when a late Overgod uses it."

Many of the Godkings in the Divine Medicinal Garden were secretly shocked. They looked at Mo Cheng in deep fear.

Even though it was just an instance, an instance was enough to turn an entire situation around.

Yun Daolai grunted in pain as he staggered backwards while clutching his severed arm. His face was pale.

To another side, Yun Xin's eyes had reddened. She felt like someone was stabbing at her heart when she saw Mo Cheng cut off Yun Daolai's arm.

Yun Xin entered an intense dilemma inside as she clutched the Space Ring in her hand. She hesitated about whether she should hand over the Space Ring to save her uncle's life.

However, after learning about the effects of the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways, she also understood just what significance it posed to the Yun family.

If the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways was given to the great elder, not only would he be able to raise his cultivation by one to three Heavenly Layers in an extremely short amount of time, but it would be extremely likely for him to become a Chaotic Prime in the future as well.

Once the Yun family possessed a Chaotic Prime, they would immediately become a peak organisation of the Sky Empire. They would basically stand on equal ground with the royal family.

The Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways held the hopes of the Yun family's rise.

Yun Xin carefully sent the senses of her soul into the Space Ring to confirm whether the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways was indeed with her or not.

The Space Ring was mostly empty. There was only a root less than thirty centimeters lying at the very centre. The power of the world permeated the surroundings as if they contained the truths of the world.

Yun Xin confirmed that the root was the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways the moment she saw that.

After hesitating some more, Yun Xin passed the Space Ring to Jian Chen. She said to him secretly, "Jian Chen, I really hope you can help me with something. You've probably guessed it as well. The Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways is indeed in the Space Ring. I'll give you the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways right now so that you can immediately leave the Neptunean Divine Palace with it. Give it to the great elder of the Yun family. From today onwards, you will be the greatest benefactor of our Yun family. We will never mistreat you."

Yun Xin was extremely helpless about this decision. She knew that Mo Cheng would find out that she possessed the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways very soon. She was not confident enough to flee from Mo Cheng, so all she could do was place her hopes on Jian Chen.

Even though she knew that this decision harbored the risk of Jian Chen just eating the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Resources himself, she was truly out of choices.

"Even if Jian Chen does eat the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways, it's better than having it end up in Mo Cheng's hands," Yun Xin sighed inside.

Jian Chen was surprised. He turned his head slightly and looked at Yun Xin with quite some astonishment.

"I won't disclose the fact that the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways is with you. I'll create a lie that the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways is with me to distract Mo Cheng so that I can make time for you. However, it won't be too long. Go right now and leave the Neptunean Divine Palace immediately," Yun Xin added on as determination filled her eyes.

"If you trick Mo Cheng, he'll never spare you. There'll only be death. Have you considered that properly?" Jian Chen responded with a question.

Yun Xin gritted her teeth and said with great determination, "If my death can forge a brand new future for the Yun family, it won't be in vain."

Jian Chen stared at Yun Xin for a long time. Originally, this young lady of the Yun family repulsed him very much, but only at this moment did he truly see her other side.

"Hmm? It's not actually here!" Mo Cheng's face grew colder, and killing intent shone from his eyes. He tossed the Space Ring from Yun Daolai onto the ground and said coldly, "Tell me, where did you hide the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways?"

"What're you staring for? Go!" Yun Xin's face changed, and she immediately urged Jian Chen to go. She knew that she could not keep up this lie for very long.

Jian Chen passed the Space Ring back to Yun Xin and said, "They're standing right in front of the entrance, so I can't leave even if I want to. Moreover, do you think Mo Cheng will let anyone leave before he has found the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways? Although Mo Cheng is still not powerful enough to be taken seriously by a few Godkings, the old man beside him is something else."

Jian Chen was also unable to see through the azure-robed old man's strength because he hid it just too well. No matter how he looked, all he saw was a regular person. However, Kai Ya could even see through Infinite Primes, so the old man was naturally unable to hide anything from her.

Kai Ya had told Jian Chen earlier that the old man in azure was extremely powerful, far more powerful than any Godking she had seen before.

"Fellow Mo Cheng, I saw this person pass a Space Ring to this woman just then. If I've guessed correctly, the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways should be in there." At this moment, a Godking in the garden clasped his hands before pointing at Yun Xin.

Not only was Mo Cheng first on the Overgods' Plaque, basically guaranteeing him a position on the Godkings' Throne in the future, but his background was also so powerful that many people wished to befriend him. The Godking there clearly told him this with these intentions.

Yun Xin instantly became sheet-white.

As for Mo Cheng, he slowly made his way towards Yun Xin. A powerful pressure slowly began to radiate from him.

"Hand over the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways," Mo Cheng glared at Yun Xin sharply such that she did not dare to look into his eyes.

Yun Xin clenched the Space Ring in her hand as she was filled with an unwillingness to just give in. After all, this was the chance for their Yun family to rise up.

However, she also knew that although she held the Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways right now, she would be unable to keep it in her possession.

"The chance for the Yun family to rise up will just vanish in my hands." Tears flowed from Yun Xin's eyes uncontrollably. She held onto her Space Ring, reluctant to part with it, but she was still prepared to hand it over to Mo Cheng in the end.

There was nothing else she could do right now!

"This Spiritual Root of Heavenly Ways already belongs to someone, and it's the chance for her clan to rise up. Mo Cheng, it's best if you stop forcing people to do things against their will." At this moment, Jian Chen stood forward and arrived before Yun Xin. He stared at Mo Cheng calmly.

Mo Cheng was surprised when he saw Jian Chen block his path. Jian Chen did not hide his presence, so he could clearly sense that Jian Chen was the same as him, a late Overgod.

He could not remember how long it had been since a late Overgod had stood up to him.

The Overgods and Godkings in the garden were all surprised by this sight as they showed disbelief.

"Who is this brat? He sure is ignorant. Does he think he's a Godking, where he can stand up to Mo Cheng?"

"Even Godkings are nothing in Mo Cheng's eyes. Didn't you see his battle prowess just then? It's far greater than most early Godkings."

"Surely this wild brat has heard of the Overgods' Plaque at the very least, right? He's a mere late Overgod, yet he still dares to stand up to Mo Cheng. He really is reckless."

Discussions rang out in the garden. Many people sneered and scoffed, but there were also some people who looked at Jian Chen with sympathy.

Assisting the weak was an admirable action, but he would need the strength to do that at the very least.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 226 21
this is a fictional story. please don't take it seriously it's just for fun . read and have fun If I have spelling mistakes please avoid it Don't t...
Who By Soph

Fanfiction

10.3K 27 103
3.3K 41 15