Chaotic Sword God

By Jepnox2nd

More

1601-1610
1611-1620
1621-1630
1631-1640
1641-1650
1651-1660
1661-1670
1671-1680
1681-1690
1691-1700
1701-1710
1711-1720
1721-1730
1731-1740
1741-1750
1751-1760
1761-1770
1771-1780
1781-1790
1791-1800
1801-1810
1811-1820
1821-1830
1831-1840
1841-1850
1851-1860
1861-1870
1871-1880
1881-1890
1891-1900
1901-1910
1911-1920
1921-1930
1931-1940
1941-1950
1951-1960
1961-1970
1971-1980
1981-1990
1991-2000
2011-2020
2021-2030
2031-2040
2041-2050
2051-2060
2061-2070
2071-2080
2081-2090
2091-2100
2101-2110
2111-2120
2120-2140

2001-2010

125 7 0
By Jepnox2nd

Chapter 2001: Abnormal Movements of the Bloodline

The white-robed old man paused before continuing, "Above Godkings is the Primordial realm. I think you know that as well. The Primordial realm is split into three major levels, and these levels are Infinite Prime, Chaotic Prime, and Grand Prime."

"Grand Prime is the final point of the Primordial realm. It is the last cultivation realm in cultivation. At the same time, they are existences that stand at the peak of the Saints' World. However, Grand Prime only forms a realm of cultivation. There are obvious differences between power among Grand Primes. It's split into nine Heavenly Layers. The First Heavenly Layer to the Third Heavenly Layer are early Grand Primes, the Fourth Heavenly Layer to the Sixth Heavenly Layer are mid Grand Primes, and the Seventh Heavenly Layer to the Ninth Heavenly Layer are late Grand Primes."

"Across the forty-nine great planes and eighty-one great planets, there are many experts who have reached Grand Prime, but they all basically range from the First Heavenly Layer to the Sixth Heavenly Layer, which are early Grand Primes and mid Grand Primes. Extremely few people can become late Grand Primes. As a matter of fact, there aren't any late Grand Primes on many great planes and planets. There are even some without mid Grand Primes."

"Logically speaking, the Ninth Heavenly Layer of Grand Prime is the apex of the Primordial realm, but in reality, the Ninth Heavenly Layer of Grand Prime is not the peak of cultivation. Some unprecedented prodigies are able to understand the endless mysteries of the universe completely, comprehending their laws to the utmost limit. As a result, they can continue from the Ninth Heavenly Layer of Grand Prime and reach a higher level."

"Although that level still makes them Grand Primes, those who can reach such a level are inconceivably powerful. They are almost above the laws of the world as if they are the universe, which is extremely terrifying. In order to show enough respect for these experts who can attain something like this, and to separate them from the other Grand Primes, these supreme experts are known as Grand Exalts!"

"In the entire Saints' World, only a handful of people possess the title of Grand Prime. The ancient Skywolf once possessed that title."

Reaching there, the white-robed old man looked at Jian Chen and said, "Do you understand just how powerful the ancient Skywolf is now?"

Jian Chen had some understanding of Grand Exalts from the sword spirits. However, the white-robed old man had just assumed that it was impossible for Jian Chen, a mere Overgod, to know about this.

Even with that being the case, Jian Chen was still doubtful after listening to the white-robed old man's words. He could not help but think about what he experienced in Anatta Grand Prime's residence palace in the lower world. He asked, "Senior, I once heard that the laws of the world are divided into a hundred percent. The hundredth percent is the limit, and all you need to do is comprehend to the limit, and you'll become a Grand Exalt."

The eyes of the three old men seated there shone. They looked at Jian Chen deeply, and the white-robed old man said with some surprise, "I never thought you'd know such ancient information. That's right, the laws of the world can indeed be split into a hundred percent, but this concept is extremely ancient, ancient to the point where even I have only heard legends about it. However, regardless of the concept, it's just a way of understanding it. There's no major difference in reality."

"That's right. For example, the Immortals' World that opposes us has a different name for each cultivation realm, completely different from our Saints' World. However, the laws they comprehend are the same as the ones in our Saints' World. It's still the three thousand ways of the cosmos," said the red-robed old man.

As soon as he heard the mention of the Immortals' World, Jian Chen's heart shuddered. He became cautious naturally, and he hid the twin swords deeply away.

Fortunately, he was now different compared to before. As such, unless the three Primordial realm experts personally checked over his body carefully, they would struggle to detect the existence of the twin swords.

Moreover, as his strength increased in the future, his ability to hide the twin swords would become better and better.

"Jian Chen, can I see the ninth bone sword of the swordswolf?" The red-robed old man looked at Jian Chen calmly.

"Of course," Jian Chen replied without any hesitation. Immediately, he took out the bone sword from his Space Ring.

The red-robed old man studied the bone sword for a while before sighing. He said in pity, "Although it possesses the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline, it's just too thin. If it were slightly denser, I might have been willing to give you a good price for it."

The red-robed old man returned it to Jian Chen. He said in pity, "There's not much value to collecting this bone sword. The bloodline power in there is basically useless to me."

There was nothing that Jian Chen could say in response. In his eyes, since the bone sword contained a sliver of power from a Grand Exalt's bloodline, it was priceless, yet to the red-robed old man, there was not even value in collecting it.

It was not just the red-robed old man. He discovered that the other two Primordial realm experts treated the bone sword indifferently as if it was nothing of value.

"The power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline is extremely special. It can't be absorbed. Even if you give it to other canine magical beasts, there's nothing they can do with it because the power of the bloodline is innate. It's an innate power," the red-robed old man explained, perhaps due to the fact that he saw Jian Chen's confusion.

These words enlightened Jian Chen. He could not help but think of the white tiger. When the ruler of the Beast God Continent wanted to obtain the white tiger's bloodline, he could only take over the white tiger's body through possession and not some other method.

This was because the power of the bloodline was indeed difficult to take. Aside from the possession of the body, there was basically no other method.

Afterwards, the three old men asked a few more questions, such as which sect Jian Chen came from or if he had any particular background.

Jian Chen had prepared answers for these questions beforehand. He mentioned fairy Hao Yue and spun a web of lies and truths, making his way through them.

The three old men did not trouble Jian Chen. After understanding some basic information, they dismissed him.

"Hong Mo, what do you think?"

Mo He looked at Hong Mo after Jian Chen had left.

Hong Mo nodded, "This kid is impressive. He's able to kill Godkings as a late Overgod. Once he becomes a Godking, he'll definitely make it onto the Godkings' Throne, but his cultivation is just a little lacklustre right now. If he becomes a Godking, we can place our hopes on him. The Neptunean Divine Palace opens once every ten thousand years. If we look at the time, it'll be opening soon. That's a battlefield of Godkings. If he enters as an Overgod, he'll just be able to keep himself alive barely. We can't just waste the Neptunean Token we obtained after so much difficulty."

"Let's just give up on the Neptunean Divine Palace this time and wait another ten thousand years. As long as Jian Chen is still alive, he'll definitely become a Godking in ten thousand years. We can give the Neptunean Token to him them so that he can retrieve the items for us."

"And during this time, I can send some people to investigate Jian Chen's background and identity and see if he's been telling the truth or not so that we know whether to trust him."

Jian Chen sat down on his jade bed in his high class cabin. He held the ninth bone sword that possessed a sliver of the power from the ancient Skywolf's bloodline and studied it carefully. He sent the senses of his soul into the bone sword to check on the bloodline of the ancient Skywolf, to see whether the bone sword could remove the residual power in his body or not.

As the senses of Jian Chen's soul entered the bone sword, he gradually found the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline. It was only a thumb-sized cloud of red mist. Perhaps due to being too thin, it had not even condensed into a liquid.

Even though it was very thin, there was no doubt about its power. Jian Chen could clearly sense a desolate, primordial presence from the power of the bloodline. It seemed to contain the unruliness and feral nature of a wild beast.

However, Jian Chen's face changed slightly at this moment. The power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline he had been suppressing in his body actually began to rampage wildly as if it wanted to break free from Jian Chen's suppression.

With that thought, Jian Chen controlled his Chaotic Force to strengthen the suppression so that he could keep the power of the bloodline under his control.

However, Jian Chen was astounded very soon. As he suppressed the power of the bloodline, he discovered that the power of the bloodline in the ninth bone sword seemed to awaken. It left the bone sword and flowed into his body through his hands.

Chapter 2002: Suppressing the Bloodline

The power of the bloodline within the bone sword moved extremely quickly. By the time Jian Chen detected its movement, it was too late for him to stop it. In a single instance, the power entered his body through his hands.

Jian Chen's heart suddenly sank. Without hesitating at all, he immediately controlled his Chaotic Force to stop this power.

Boom!

Even though there was just a sliver of the bloodline power, it could not be underestimated. When the two collided, a loud sound immediately erupted.

Spurt! Jian Chen vomited a mouthful of blood as his body shook violently. The collision of the two powers in his body turned his body into a battlefield. He had become quite injured as blood oozed out of his pores.

If it were not for his Chaotic Body, which was extremely tough, the force emitted from the collision of the powers would probably be enough to tear him to pieces.

The two bloodline powers rapidly approached each other in Jian Chen's body. They pincered down on Jian Chen's Chaotic Force as if they wanted to join together.

Just suppressing one of the powers had taken up more than half of Jian Chen's Chaotic Force. Now that the two powers had pincered him, the pressure that Jian Chen experienced was different from simple addition.

As a result, Jian Chen only lasted for a few seconds before a hole appeared in his Chaotic Force blockade, allowing the two powers to unite completely in his body.

Jian Chen sensed how bad the situation was. Just the power that had been deposited in his body made him helpless before. Now that the two powers had fused together, it became even more powerful. His heart sank completely.

Before Jian Chen could think too much, a desolate, primordial presence suddenly appeared. After the power of the bloodline had fused together, it was as if it had become whole again. It gave off a boundless presence that surprised even Jian Chen.

Just a rough sense of the presence made Jian Chen experience an extremely ancient and distant feeling as if it had slumbered for countless years, becoming as old as the universe.

The effects of the presence had taken Jian Chen to an extremely ancient time. In a daze, he seemed to see an ancient Skywolf that filled up half of the cosmos, stepping on the suns and planets as it gave off an otherworldly terrifying presence. It raised its head and produced a long, high howl.

From the howl, space distorted and was destroyed. The laws of the world were thrown into a mess.

Spurt! Jian Chen vomited a mouthful of blood again. His soul had been shaken up violently. The blurry image that had appeared in his head affected his soul greatly.

In particular, the presence from the ancient Skywolf made Jian Chen feel like his soul was collapsing.

At the same time, the bloodline power in Jian Chen's body shuddered violently. It rampaged through Jian Chen's body destructively.

Jian Chen gritted his teeth as he guarded his head closely. He did his best to break his soul free from the influence of the desolate presence as he controlled all his Chaotic Force to suppress the power of the bloodline.

He had even used the Laws of the Sword with his Chaotic Force to suppress the power.

However, it was still not enough. After all, the two powers had become even more powerful after they had fused. Even though it was very thin, it possessed an absolute advantage in terms of quality. It was several times more powerful than Jian Chen's current half-assed Chaotic Force.

"Master, allow us to assist you!"

At this moment, the voices of the sword spirits rang out in Jian Chen's head. Afterwards, the base power of the sword spirits appeared in Jian Chen's body, moving through him cautiously at an extremely gradually rate. It took part in suppressing the power.

Over the years, the sword spirits had always been slumbering to recover. Rarely did they awaken. It had to be mentioned that the sword spirits recovered at a far greater rate ever since Jian Chen's arrival in the Saints' World compared to on the Tian Yuan Continent. They had already recovered some of their strength. As such, even though they were nowhere close to their peak, they were still able to help out Jian Chen at a time like this.

However, due to their special identity, they could only hide in Jian Chen's body. They did not dare to show themselves in the Saints' World.

Even when they assisted Jian Chen in suppressing the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline, they did it extremely carefully. They fully concealed their presences, without letting any of it leak out at all.

The power of the bloodline suddenly shuddered when it sensed the power of the sword spirits. As if it had detected a great threat, it immediately fell quiet. It was now filled with cautiousness and vigilance.

The power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline was indeed extremely great. However, the sword spirits possessed power at a higher level, as they originated from the yin and yang that had separated from chaos. They were spirits that had formed from strands of Yin Qi and Yang Qi. They were truly immortal and unkillable existences.

In the past, the backlash from the fusion of the two swords had even claimed the life of their previous master, a Grand Exalt, someone who truly possessed overwhelming abilities and was basically a part of the universe. However, although they were heavily wounded, the sword spirits survived.

In the end, with the help from the sword spirits, Jian Chen finally suppressed the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline.

However, Jian Chen felt no joy at all, as not only did he use all his Chaotic Force to suppress it, but he even used the Laws of the Sword. He was basically using everything he had. In his current situation, he could not even move about.

At this moment, Jian Chen's consciousness was affected once again. The desolate and primordial presence from the power of the bloodline made him see an ancient Skywolf that filled up half the cosmos. It stepped on the suns and planets as it howled once again.

Jian Chen's soul shuddered heavily once again. The indescribably frightening pressure from the ancient Skywolf had deeply shocked him. Once again, he felt like his soul was collapsing.

This time, as there was no power of the bloodline running amok in his body, Jian Chen was able to clearly sense the might of the ancient Skywolf for longer.

However, this only lasted for five minutes before an intense sense of dizziness forced Jian Chen out of that state.

In that short moment, the power of his soul that had just recovered was completely drained. He felt like the world was spinning around him as his head throbbed, tempting Jian Chen to directly fall unconscious.

Jian Chen immediately took out a few Soul Recovery Pills and ingested them. Fortunately, he had purchased quite a few of them while he was the imperial capital of the Xuandao Empire. Coupled with the ones he had found in the Wolf King's Space Ring, he possessed quite a few of them now.

However, Jian Chen's eyes suddenly lit up when he ingested the Soul Recovery Pills. He was elated. He discovered that his soul had actually strengthened slightly.

Chapter 2003: Breakthroughs of the Soul

"The droplet of power from the ancient Skywolf's bloodline can actually assist me in refining my soul such that not only will it become more consolidated, but it will even become more powerful?" Jian Chen felt extremely surprised; this was quite an unexpected benefit.

Jian Chen ingested several Soul Recovery Pills happily and recovered the power of his soul as quickly as he could.

The recovery rate was extremely fast. A while later, Jian Chen's power of the soul had completely rejuvenated, and without any hesitation, he immediately repeated what he did before, viewing the image of the ancient Skywolf the power of the bloodline created.

Immediately, the same image appeared in Jian Chen's head. Jian Chen did not know why the desolate and ancient presence of the power would cause this. He only knew that its existence could increase his strength.

It was the same image as before, the same humongous and glorious Skywolf stood in outer space, radiating with a terrifying presence.

Jian Chen's soul was shaken up once again. At that moment, he felt as insignificant as a rowboat in the surging oceans, where he would be smashed to pieces and sunken at any time. He felt like his soul was about to collapse.

With his previous experience, Jian Chen guarded his soul closely this time and paid close attention to it. Very soon, he discovered in great joy that although the power of his soul was being consumed rapidly, his soul was indeed strengthening.

"The power of the soul can actually be strengthened like this? No. My soul is not strengthening from the pressure. Instead, the desolate and ancient presence from the power is fusing into my soul. The strengthening has to do with the presence," Jian Chen discovered the secret of why his soul was strengthening very soon. However, this made him furrow his brows. He immediately checked if there were any consequences from absorbing the presence.

However, Jian Chen's heart suddenly sank after he checked. There was a sliver of evil, red energy in his soul. It had remained there from when he absorbed the energy of the crisis of the world back on the Tian Yuan Continent, having fused with his soul long ago.

Right now, he discovered that instead of him absorbing the desolate presence from the power of the bloodline, it was the evil power absorbing the presence.

It was just that due to the fact that his soul had fused with the evil power, his soul also benefited when the evil power absorbed the desolate presence.

"So it's all because of you that my soul is strengthening." Jian Chen fell silent. He had no idea whether to continue the absorption or to stop immediately.

A sliver of the evil spirit's power had contaminated his soul, so it brought on too many unstable factors. It had once even affected his soul and made him lose his mind.

In the past few years, his strength had been increasing rapidly, so he had been able to suppress the evil spirit's power to prevent it from affecting him during that period of time.

However, once the evil power grew as well, suppressing it would no longer be as easy.

This was unless he could maintain an absolute advantage in terms of power to keep it suppressed.

As Jian Chen hesitated, the thought of Huai An hunting him down crossed his mind again. This made him clench his teeth suddenly as he made up his mind. He continued to absorb the presence from the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline.

Jian Chen entered a long period of secluded cultivation. Through the power of the bloodline, his soul basically grew every single day. However, the number of Soul Recovery Pills he needed each time gradually increased as his soul strengthened.

In just half a month, Jian Chen used up all the Soul Recovery Pills on him. Without them, it would take an extremely long time for the power of his soul to recover once he used it all.

However, Jian Chen had no intentions of stopping. He called Kai Ya over and gave her a large amount of supreme grade divine crystals to buy many Soul Recovery Pills and heavenly resources that could allow the soul to recover on the spatial battleship. Afterwards, he continued his secluded cultivation.

In the blink of an eye, two months had already passed. During that time, Jian Chen had consumed countless Soul Recovery Pills. Jian Chen had basically bought out all the Soul Recovery Pills and heavenly resources that could recover the power of the soul, directly causing their price to skyrocket.

After the two months of secluded cultivation, Jian Chen's soul finally broke through to the level of Godkings. Even though it was only early Godking, he had reached the peak of early Godking, where he was only a single step away from reach mid Godking.

Of course, only the power of his soul had been increased. His Chaotic Force and comprehension of the Laws of the Sword remained at late Overgod.

However, there were some consequences as well. The sliver of evil power in Jian Chen's soul had strengthened along with his soul.

The desolate presence from the power of the bloodline had become extremely weak, but Jian Chen still did not emerge. That one image of the ancient Skywolf treading on the celestial bodies and roaring had appeared in his mind countless times.

After two whole months of viewing it, the image was like an iron brand, stamped into the depths of Jian Chen's soul such that he would never be able to forget it.

Jian Chen even experienced illusions as if he was the ancient Skywolf that trode on those planets and stars, producing a howl that could make the universe tremble.

Moreover, as he absorbed more and more of the presence, the illusion became stronger and stronger and occurred more and more frequently. In the end, Jian Chen could not help but copy the ancient Skywolf and let out a howl.

"Arooooo!"

Suddenly, Jian Chen actually produced a long howl, just like a wolf's.

Jian Chen did not do this purposefully. Instead, it was because the influence from the image of the Skywolf was just too great over the past two months. It was to the point where he began treating himself as an ancient Skywolf subconsciously, so he produced the howl naturally.

However, when Jian Chen howled out, a terrifying force radiated. All the origin energy stopped flowing and space froze. Visible waves of sound expanded into the surroundings, where all the decor and appliances in the cabin were reduced to dust in a single instance wherever it passed by. The entire cabin shook violently.

If it were not for the protection of the formations, the sound waves would have probably destroyed the cabin.

Jian Chen opened his eyes. They were slightly dazed in the beginning, but his eyes suddenly narrowed afterwards. Only then did he abruptly realise what he had done subconsciously, which surprised him. He looked around and discovered that apart from the jade bed and cabin that formations protected, everything else had been reduced to dust.

What filled him with disbelief was that all the dense origin energy in the cabin had actually vanished completely.

"Was the origin energy scattered by the howl I emitted accidentally?" H- how is that possible? If that's true, just how powerful was the howl earlier?" Jian Chen's heart churned. He was perturbed.

However, in the next moment, an intense feeling of weakness overwhelmed him. Jian Chen immediately sensed that the power of the bloodline within him had almost been completely consumed. At the same time, his own vitality poured into it endlessly, transforming into new power of the bloodline to make up for the consumption.

"W- what's happening?" Jian Chen was completely perplexed. He was confused by what was happening. He seemed to be able to use the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline.

However, did the three elders of the spatial battleship not mention that the power could not be absorbed? Even to wolves, it was useless because it was something innate. It was impossible for people born without it to use it.

Yet, why was he able to use it?

"Is it also because of the evil power in my soul?" Jian Chen thought. He simply could not think of a suitable reason to explain all this.

Chapter 2004: Both a Blessing and a Curse

Jian Chen was not the only one shocked. The sword spirits felt the same.

"How is this possible? Master has actually comprehended the ability of the ancient Skywolf through such a thin sliver of power? Master is a human, so this should have been impossible," Zi Ying cried out in disbelief. The power of the bloodline had completely settled down now. Not only did it pose no threat to Jian Chen, but it had even become something that Jian Chen could use, so there was no reason for him to suppress it any longer.

"Zi Ying, you can't forget about master's existence. The world forbids it as taboo. Those things that should have been impossible have still happened with master. I think master's existence can turn the impossible into the possible," explained Qing Suo.

Zi Ying nodded in agreement, "Now that you've put it like that, I do think that is somewhat reasonable. But since master's existence is forbidden by the world, it definitely isn't as simple as it seems. There must be some greater mystery hidden behind all this, or he would not be regarded as taboo."

"It's just a pity that although we're born from the universe, and we can foresee some things that even Grand Exalts who have comprehended the Way of Divination cannot foresee, it's only the tip of the iceberg and not the whole thing. As a result, we don't know what secret is hidden in master, where even the universe forbids his appearance."

"Master is still very weak right now. He's not even a Nine-heavenly Xuan Immortal, so he naturally won't be able to alarm the universe. However, once master becomes powerful to the point where the entire universe has to take him seriously, or to the point where he can affect the entire universe, it's very likely that master will be slain mercilessly by the laws of the world," Zi Ying was grim towards the end.

Qing Suo became grim as well from that. She said sternly, "The laws of the world mercilessly slaughtering someone is very rare. Ever since we gained consciousness, we've never seen anyone survive being slaughtered by the laws of the world. Probably only people with the cultivation of old master can resist."

Zi Ying sighed, "But it's not easy to reach the same cultivation as our old master. He was one of the five Grand Exalts of the Immortals' World, having reached the absolute limit of Immortal Exalt. Even those unprecedented prodigies may not necessarily become Grand Exalts. Moreover. Master cultivates the Chaotic Body. There have been many who had cultivated the Chaotic Body throughout the years, and there were plenty of talented prodigies among them. However, there has been no one who could cultivate the Chaotic Body to Immortal Exalt."

Zi Ying paused before continuing, "But master's existence is forbidden by the world, so I believe master will create miracles. I hope that master can be the first person to cultivate the Chaotic Body to Immortal Exalt in all of history and reach the legendary great perfection of the Chaotic Body. Otherwise, he'll definitely be slaughtered by the laws of the world."

Zi Ying and Qing Suo conversed secretly. Jian Chen had no idea what they were talking about.

Right now, Jian Chen was carefully inspecting the situation of his body. He placed most of his focus on the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline. Currently, the power of the bloodline was absorbing Jian Chen's vitality to recover.

Finally, half a day later, the power of the bloodline had absorbed enough, and it stopped absorbing Jian Chen's vitality. The tiny droplet of power was fully charged up once again.

Sensing the sense of weakness from his body and his connection with the power of the bloodline, Jian Chen felt bitter inside. He truly did not know whether the droplet of power was a curse or a blessing.

This was because in that half a day, the power of the bloodline had absorbed so much vitality that it would take him a whole year to replenish it.

And this was under the regeneration of the Chaotic Body. If it were someone else, they would probably need dozens of years or even over a century.

Afterwards, Jian Chen checked on the power in his soul that had come from the evil spirit. Before, the power was very weak. He could easily suppress it with his current strength, where even if the power of his soul was drained, the evil power would struggle to affect his consciousness.

After all, his strength had skyrocketed in the years he spent in the Saints' World. He was no longer the puny Deity who had fought against the ancestor of the Lu family. Naturally, his strength drew further and further away from the evil power.

But now that the presence from the power of the bloodline had been absorbed, the evil power had benefited from it more than him. Even when the power of his soul had reached early Godking, the difference with the evil power rapidly shrank.

Jian Chen sighed gently. He really could do nothing about the evil power in his soul right now. All he could do was strengthen himself as quickly as possible.

After calming down, Jian Chen left his room. As soon as he arrived outside, he discovered Kai Ya walking towards him in a faint blue dress.

Seeing Jian Chen, Kai Ya was clearly surprised. Afterwards, she smiled gently and said, "Jian Chen, you've emerged. I can feel that your soul is even more powerful than it was the past. It looks like you've benefited quite a lot this time."

"Kai Ya, you can sense that my soul has grown stronger?" Jian Chen asked in surprise. Right now, he had completely concealed his presence such that he seemed like he had reverted back to being an ordinary person. He did not use the senses of his soul at all, yet Kai Ya could sense that his soul had strengthened. Jian Chen was very surprised.

This was because in his current condition, let alone Kai Ya, an Overgod, but even many Godkings would not be able to see through him if they stood right in front of him.

"Yes. It's not just you. I discovered that I can clearly see through many Godkings who had concealed their presences. I can see whether they've been weakened or not," said Kai Ya.

Jian Chen stared at Kai Ya deeply. It was not the first time that the various unexplainable matters of Kai Ya had made him sink into his thoughts.

He just did not understand why she would change so drastically after waking up. She was still the same person as before, except her abilities had undergone an overwhelming change.

Jian Chen did not believe that the large amounts of heavenly resources she had ingested while unconscious caused all this, as it was impossible for all those heavenly resources to have such an unbelievable effect.

Kai Ya arrived before Jian Chen and said, "Jian Chen, a large-scale convention is about to be held on the spatial battleship. Although it's a convention, it's really a trade of treasures between cultivators. I heard that the comprehensions of the Laws of the Sword a Primordial realm expert left behind will appear. I think that'll be somewhat helpful to you."

"What? The comprehensions of the Laws of the Sword a Primordial realm expert left behind?" Jian Chen's eyes immediately lit up. He had already obtained the resources he needed to reach the twelfth layer of the Chaotic Body. All he lacked was comprehension.

Once he had made progress on comprehension and reached the major achievement of Sword Spirit, he would be able to break through with his Chaotic Body to the twelfth layer.

Chapter 2005: The Convention

Jian Chen yearned to reach the twelfth layer of the Chaotic Body. This yearning was so great that it was a burning desire, burning more and more brightly in his heart.

The twelfth layer of the Chaotic Body was equivalent to Godking in the Saints' World. When Huai An hunted him down on the Cloud Plane, he would have been able to resist at the very least if he were at the twelfth layer of the Chaotic Body. Of course, he still would not be Huai An's opponent.

He would have even been able to put up a fight against the three late Godking protectors.

"Kai Ya, when is this convention going to be held?" Jian Chen asked. He had to obtain the comprehension of the Laws of the Sword a Primordial realm expert left behind.

Although it did not necessarily guarantee that he would be able to reach the major achievement of Sword Spirit, it was still a chance after all.

Looking at how much Jian Chen cared, Kai Ya smiled faintly, "There are another twenty-four hours before the convention starts."

"Twenty-four hours? That's soon then. I'll head over right now," Jian Chen thought before going to where the convention would be held with Kai Ya.

Originally, they wanted to call master Chanlong as well, but ever since his battle against the Godkings from the Swordswolf adventurers, he had been healing. He still had not emerged from seclusion.

The convention was held in a huge compartment of the spatial battleship. It was five hundred meters in length and width, and it could hold over ten thousand people.

Although the convention still had not happened, over a thousand people had already gathered here. They conversed with each other as they waited for its start patiently.

At the same time, a few cultivators had rolled out clothes to set up stalls to sell various items. There were all sorts of things, including some precious items.

Jian Chen arrived here under Kai Ya's lead. He glanced out casually and discovered that basically all the people who had gathered here were Gods and Overgods. There were Godkings as well, but he only managed to see two.

In a place like the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian, there were indeed only a handful of Godkings, but on a spatial battleship that moved between major planes, they were relatively more commonplace.

"Master, there's a piece of Skylink Dark Dragon Rock. It's a hundred meters right in front of you," suddenly, the voices of the sword spirits rang out in Jian Chen's head.

Jian Chen's eyes lit up with that. He knew about the Skylink Dark Dragon Rock. It was one of the materials he needed to forge the twin swords. Immediately, he made his way over with Kai Ya.

When Jian Chen found the Skylink Dark Dragon Rock, he discovered that the supreme grade material was placed on a stall an old woman set up on the ground. There were all sorts of items scattered there, with only three or four materials at the supreme grade.

The old woman seemed extremely simple. Her gray hair had already withered, and she reeked of death. It made people feel that she was someone who was about to pass away from old age.

"Senior, how much for this material?" Jian Chen pointed at the Skylink Dark Dragon Rock and asked calmly.

"It's a supreme grade material. Ten blocks of high grade divine crystal," the old woman said with her eyes closed while she sat on the ground. Her voice was filled with weakness.

Jian Chen frowned. Ten blocks of high grade divine crystal was an astronomical price. After all, the supreme grade materials in the auctions of the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian had only fetched up to a price of several hundred thousand high grade divine crystals. That was less than a single block.

However, after hesitating slightly, Jian Chen took out ten blocks of high grade divine crystal to buy the material. It was difficult to collect the materials required for forging the twin swords, so he could not miss out any of them when he came across them.

Moreover, he did not lack divine crystals.

"Jian Chen, this old granny is very powerful."

When Jian Chen took the material and left the old woman's stall, Kai Ya's voice rang out in his head.

"Yes. Even I can't sense her presence at all. She must be a Godking," Jian Chen nodded.

Kai Ya became rather stern. She glanced in the direction of the old woman and said, "No, I feel like the old granny is not a Godking. The feeling she gives me is even more terrifying than Godkings. It's just that she's extremely injured and extremely weak."

Jian Chen immediately froze up from that. However, he recovered in just a single instance. He thought of the old woman again and was secretly surprised.

Afterwards, Jian Chen wandered around, visiting all the stalls there. However, there were no other materials for the twin swords to his disappointment.

In the blink of an eye, twenty-four hours had passed. The convention formally began.

What was a convention? Naturally, it was a gathering where cultivators communicated with each other, sharing their experiences and knowledge on cultivation. There were also trades of treasure.

Jian Chen did not take part in the conversations about cultivation. He directly went to where treasures would be traded. He had come here for the purpose of the comprehensions of the Laws of the Sword from a Primordial realm expert.

The trades held here were different from auctions. Items at auctions would be sold to the highest bidder, but items would only be traded between cultivators for other items they were looking for here.

"The first is a supreme quality defensive treasure, the Hundred Paths Armor. Everyone knows just how precious a supreme quality defensive treasure is, so I won't explain it."

In the region for trades, a white-robed, middle-aged man took out a black armor. The presence he gave off had already reached the level of Godkings.

The appearance of the supreme quality defensive treasure immediately attracted everyone's attention. Many people revealed a desire and yearning to possess it.

The treasure attracted even the attention of Jian Chen and Kai Ya, who had just arrived here.

The treasure was in perfect condition. It alone could block the attacks of Godkings and weaken them such that the wearer would only suffer minimal damage. On the other hand, the damaged, defensive god artifact Jian Chen possessed was basically useless aside from its toughness. If it was used to block attacks that were just too powerful, the wearer would still experience the complete force even if the armor would emerge unscathed. The wearer would be shaken to pieces.

At this moment, the middle-aged man said again, "I'm looking for a God Tier material, the Seven-colored Cloudsilk. If someone has the Seven-colored Cloudsilk, this Hundred Paths Armor is yours."

Many people were immediately disappointed when they heard that the middle-aged man wanted a God Tier material.

"I have a first grade God Tier material, Meteoric Iron. It's useless to me, so I'm looking to trade it for other God Tier materials or pills."

"I have three supreme grade Blood-condensing Fruits, and I'm looking for pills or heavenly resources that can heal the soul at the same grade."

"I have a ninth grade cultivation method. I'm looking for..."

Afterwards, more and more people took out their treasures to take part in the trading. Some people called out loudly, while others set up stalls. They placed down a small wooden sign that emphasised what they were looking for.

Jian Chen searched through the area carefully. It had to be mentioned that there were extremely many items that appeared here, covering all the various types. There were materials, heavenly resources, cultivation methods, Truth Tier Battle Skills, and various books on the experiences and knowledge of cultivation.

However, to his disappointment, he failed to find the comprehensions of the Laws of the Sword a Primordial realm expert left behind.

At this moment, Jian Chen's eyes narrowed slightly. He noticed the old woman who had sold him the Skylink Dark Dragon Rock, the person who Kai Ya suspected to be a Primordial realm expert, make her way through the crowd slowly. Afterwards, she sat down on the ground and set up a stall again.

There were quite a few more items compared to the previous stall. Aside from the materials Jian Chen saw earlier, there were some more heavenly resources.

However, when Jian Chen saw the stone tablet that the old woman slowly took out from her Space Ring, his heart suddenly shuddered. He could sense a tremendously sharp sword intent from the stone tablet.

"I possess a stone tablet that contains a slash from a Primordial realm expert who has comprehended the Laws of the Sword. It contains much of the expert's comprehension," the old woman's weak voice rang out. It was not loud, but everyone heard it.

Immediately, the entire convention fell silent.

There was a slash from a Primordial realm expert that contained most of his comprehension. This piece of information exploded in the heads of everyone.

Chapter 2006: Trading the God Artifact Armor

The appearance of the comprehension of the Laws of the Sword a Primordial realm expert left behind had completely upset the natural procession of the convention. All the cultivators who still discussed their personal insights on cultivation in the first area stopped at that moment. They bid farewell to each other politely before immediately gathering in the direction of the old woman. Many of their eyes burned with desire, while some other people had their doubts.

Even the Godkings at the convention were drawn over by the comprehensions the Primordial realm expert left behind.

"Excuse me. Do you really have the comprehension of the Laws of the Sword from a Primordial realm expert?"

"Chi Ruo, you don't comprehend the Laws of the Sword. Why're you interested as well?"

"The comprehension of laws from a Primordial realm expert is just too valuable. Since I've come across it, I obviously can't miss it. Even if it doesn't help me, I can still use it to trade for what I want."

"Ma'am, do you really have the comprehension of the Laws of the Sword from a Primordial realm expert? You're not using some comprehensions Godkings left behind to mess with us, right?"

"Surely the comprehensions are real, right?"

In the blink of an eye, the surroundings of the old woman had already become crowded. Many people wished to see it personally while some people even directly doubted the old woman.

Jian Chen stood in the crowd and witnessed what was happening before him. He could not help but furrow his brows. With so many people expressing interest in the comprehension of the Laws of the Sword from a Primordial realm expert, it would not be easy for him to obtain it. He might miss out on it altogether.

The old woman's face did not change as she listened to the various doubts of the people around her. She sat on the ground and took things easy. She picked up the stone tablet, and she said with an old and feeble voice, "This is what I was talking about. A Primordial realm expert who comprehended the Laws of the Sword left behind this slash. It contained slivers of his comprehension."

Everyone stared at the stone tablet. It was not large, only a foot wide and two feet tall. Indeed, there was a slash on it.

Everyone could not help but send the senses of their souls in there. In just a short while, their faces changed suddenly.

"What a powerful sword intent. That's right, it is indeed from a Primordial realm expert. It can't be wrong."

'Senior, what do you want for the stone tablet?"

Everyone cried out. No wonder doubted whether the stone tablet was the real thing or not anymore.

At this moment, the old woman slowly took out over a hundred jade slips from her Space Ring. She placed them all on the ground, and she said, "I am willing to trade this for anything I need. It can be supreme grade divine crystals, heavenly resources, or healing pills. Of course, it would be best if they are God Tier healing pills. If you don't wish to reveal your treasures before all these people, you can take a jade slip and detail what you can trade on there."

"This king is willing to use supreme grade divine crystals to trade for the Primordial realm comprehensions. May I ask how many supreme grade divine crystals you are looking for?" A Godking asked as desire burned in his eyes.

Jian Chen's expression changed when he heard that. Although he had spent quite a few supreme grade divine crystals on Soul Recovery Pills, he still had over thirty blocks on him. If it were possible, he would naturally hope he could use supreme grade divine crystals to trade for the comprehension.

The ears of many other people present pricked up as well aside from Jian Chen. Clearly, they were all like Jian Chen, hoping to trade for it using supreme grade divine crystals.

The old woman glanced past the Godkings calmly and said, "No less than a hundred blocks of supreme grade divine crystal. Of course, the more the better. We can decide through bidding."

"What? A hundred blocks of supreme grade divine crystals? Are you pulling my leg?" The Godking's eyes widened, and he could not help but cry out. Even a few Godkings would not be able to pay such a great price even after they had taken out everything they possessed.

Jian Chen also gasped. The supreme grade divine crystals he had obtained from Yaxi Lian were far greater than the wealth of many Godkings, but there was not even a hundred blocks of supreme grade divine crystal.

"I have a supreme grade defensive treasure and a supreme grade offensive treasure. Are you willing to trade?" Another Godking said.

"I'll trade if they're god artifacts," said the old woman.

The Godking's eyes widened, and he left with a sneer. The old woman's appetite was extraordinary. A Primordial realm expert's comprehensions were very precious, but it was nowhere close to a god artifact.

"I have a God Tier heavenly resource here."

"I have a bottle of ninth grade Truth Tier healing pills."

Afterwards, quite a few more people stated what they could offer. Many of these items were extremely precious. Of course, the people who dared to state what they could offer so fearlessly possessed impressive cultivations as well. They were basically all Godkings.

A few people had recorded their treasures on the jade slips and passed it to the old woman as well. They were unwilling to publicly reveal their treasures.

Hesitation flickered through the eyes of the old woman from time to time. Clearly, she had already found some treasures that interested her.

As the priceless treasures were stated around him, Jian Chen's heart sank completely. He did not have enough supreme grade divine crystals at all, and he had nothing that could match the value of the others apart from supreme grade divine crystals.

He did not even possess ninth grade Truth Tier heavenly resources, let alone God Tier heavenly resources. That was the same case with healing pills.

Although he possessed a few Godking level monster cores, he gave up on that thought when he considered that it was extremely likely for the old woman to be a Primordial realm expert.

Aside from all that, he only had the damaged Anatta Tower and the damaged piece of armor.

"I have a God Tier healing pill here. I want your comprehension tablet," at this moment, a young man in gold and violet robes walked over. Even though he was just an Overgod, a Godking followed him.

"It's young master Chi of the Chi family."

"The Chi family is a large clan in the Blood Sun Empire of the Cloud Plane. It's said that they have several Primordial realm experts."

Quite a number of discussions immediately sprang up in the surroundings with the appearance of the young man. Their gazes at him were all filled with some angst.

The old woman's eyes also lit up when she heard about the God Tier healing pill. She was heavily injured and in desperate need of God Tier healing pills.

"Senior, I have a defensive god artifact. I want to trade it for your comprehension tablet."

Just when the old woman was about to make up her mind, Jian Chen's voice rang out. To no surprise, he held the damaged armor in his hand.

Even though the mysterious liquid from the ancestor of the Mo family had repaired the god artifact, only the surface was fixed. In reality, the engravings and powers inside were completely damaged. Repairing it was extremely difficult.

Jian Chen had taken out the god artifact because he was out of choices. He did not want to miss out on the comprehension of the Laws of the Sword a Primordial realm expert left behind. Moreover, he knew that it was impossible for him to pay the price required to completely repair the god artifact. In addition, the assistance that the god artifact provided him was diminishing.

Although he could avoid piercing attacks when he wore it, the great force would still pass through to his body completely. It would still make him injured, so he was naturally willing to give up on it at such a crucial time.

The people in the surroundings were stunned when they heard him mention defensive god artifact. However, when they looked at it, they were all disappointed.

Clearly, they could tell that the god artifact was damaged, so its value was greatly decreased.

The old woman looked over as well. Pity appeared on her face, and she shook her head while sighing gently, "If your defensive god artifact was in perfect condition, I'd be willing to trade with it. It's just a pity..." However, when she reached there, the old woman suddenly paused. Her dull eyes immediately lit up as she stared at the god artifact. She studied every inch of it carefully, and her emotions gradually became mixed. She became slightly absent-minded.

Only a while later did the old woman return to her senses. She sucked in a deep breath, and she looked at Jian Chen with her old eyes. She asked, "Little brother, may I ask where you obtained this defensive god artifact?"

"I obtained it after I killed an enemy," Jian Chen responded. At the same time, he secretly tightened his guard. From how the old woman had reacted when she saw the god artifact, she seemed to recognise it.

The old woman nodded slowly. She said nothing as her gaze became rather mixed. She also seemed to think back to the past. Afterwards, she looked at the young master of the Chi family and began to hesitate.

But in the end, the old woman passed the tablet to Jian Chen. She said, "I'll trade with you."

After the successful trade, Jian Chen had managed to obtain the stone tablet with the Primordial realm comprehensions of the Laws of the Sword just as he had wished. However, he did not feel happy at all.

This was because he knew that the damaged god artifact he had taken out was worth far more than the stone tablet. It was just that he urgently needed to increase his strength, eagerly hoping he could reach the next level with his comprehension of the Laws of the Sword and formally become a Godking. As a result, he could only trade the damaged god artifact away.

Jian Chen sighed inside. He ignored the envious gazes in the surroundings and stowed the stone tablet away in his Space Ring with a flip of his hand.

At this moment, the young master of the Chi family arrived before Jian Chen. Although he had failed to obtain the stone tablet, he was not displeased at all. Instead, he smiled and clasped his fist at Jian Chen extremely politely, "You must be the supreme Overgod who defeated the captain of the Swordswolf adventurers in the arena of death and also shook up the southern and northern region, Jian Chen. I am Chi Xiang, and I've always admired you. I never thought I'd be able to meet you here today on the spatial battleship. It truly is an honor."

Chapter 2007: The Old Woman's Hatred

Jian Chen also clasped his hands, "You praise me too much. I only managed to kill the captain of the Swordswolf adventurers through luck."

"Brother Jian Chen is far too modest. If it were possible to kill Godkings through luck, then Overgods killing Godkings won't be a rare matter at all in the Saints' World." Chi Xiang was amiable, and he smiled charmingly. Through his words, he clearly admired Jian Chen.

However, at this moment, many people in the surroundings heard Chi Xiang's words. They immediately became stunned as they all stared at Jian Chen with surprise and shock.

"What? He was the Overgod who defeated a Godking in the arena of life and death?"

"He killed a Godking as an Overgod. Is he the supreme Overgod ranked first on the Overgods' Plaque, Mo Cheng?"

An intense discussion erupted in the surroundings immediately. Even a few Godkings paid attention to Jian Chen, and some of them even tried to befriend him. They were all extremely polite, without acting haughtily as a Godking at all.

"Brother Jian Chen, I'm staying in cabin 9 of the deck area. If you have the time, I hope we can talk again." Chi Xiang clasped his fist at Jian Chen before turning around and leaving the convention.

"Chi Xiang, are we really going to just give up on the stone tablet like this? With your wealth, buying it shouldn't be anything difficult."

The Godking beside Chi Xiang asked after they had left the convention.

Chi Xiang smiled freely, "You're right, uncle Wang. With my wealth, buying the stone tablet is indeed nothing difficult. If one God Tier healing pill isn't enough, I can take out two, three, or so on. I refuse to believe it won't make the old woman waver. Originally, I also desired the comprehension of the Laws of the Sword, but I never thought that I would meet Jian Chen here and that he would be interested in it as well. If I contend with him, I'll definitely offend Jian Chen.

"The comprehension of the Laws of the Sword from a Primordial realm expert is very precious, but Jian Chen is a prodigy on the Overgods' Plaque after all. Although he hasn't attempted it, he definitely possesses the strength to rival Mo Cheng, first on the Overgods' Plaque. I don't think it's worth it to offend a supreme prodigy over a stone tablet that only possesses some comprehension."

The old woman who traded with Jian Chen left the convention at a certain time. On the other hand, many people surrounded Jian Chen. Many Overgods and a few Godkings had come up to befriend him. They were all extremely enthusiastic.

Jian Chen clasped his fist as he smiled apologetically. After exchanging pleasantries with all the people there, he suddenly thought of an idea. He immediately found a stone board and engraved all the materials he still needed for the twin swords on there as well as some of the unique characteristics of them. He wanted to take advantage of the convention to collect them.

"This is Frigid Hell Iron. Brother Jian Chen, I happen to have a piece here."

"This is True Dragon Wood. I have a piece. Since brother Jian Chen needs it, I'll give it to you."

Very soon, Jian Chen found two of the materials he needed, which made him extremely happy. Now, he had already collected most of the materials for forging the twin swords. All he needed was Scarlet Sun Wood and Heavenrinsing Dew.

Unfortunately, no one at the convention possessed the last two materials.

Seeing how he could no longer benefit any further, Jian Chen left with Kai Ya before the convention had ended. Afterwards, he entered seclusion once again and took out the stone tablet from the old woman. He comprehended the sword intent in there.

At the same time, in another high class cabin, the old woman sat on the ground as she held the damaged god artifact she had obtained from Jian Chen. She carefully inspected every inch of it.

Her shriveled hands trembled as she held the god artifact. Her gaze was confused at times and in a daze at other times as she reminisced the past. It was complicated.

As a matter of fact, there would be intense hatred in her eyes from time to time.

With so many mixed feelings, people could tell with a single glance that the god artifact was related to the old woman through some unknown connection.

"Master, it has been so many years already. You've fallen silent completely. I don't even know if you're dead, or if you've run off somewhere to hide. However, disciple never thought that I would see the god artifact you used to wear."

"Clearly, this god artifact has been repaired. If I'm right, the object used to repair it should be the extremely rare Spiritual Fortune Fluid that is rumored to be able to repair everything. It's just that the Spiritual Fortune Fluid used was clearly not enough. It only repaired the surface of the god artifact, so even though it seems fine now, it's still mostly useless."

The old woman studied the god artifact closely. Her gaze was as profound as the endless cosmos at times, while extremely simple at other times. She was in a daze as she murmured, "Even though the surface of the god artifact has been repaired, I can still tell that it was very damaged in the past. Master, the armor you wore was a high quality god artifact. Even some Grand Primes can't scratch high quality god artifacts, yet the armor has become so damaged. I struggle to imagine just how terrifying your opponent was in the past. I also cannot imagine whether you managed to survive the strike of such an expert."

The old woman's expression suddenly became extremely vicious. All the wrinkles on her face became twisted as rage filled her eyes. She gritted her teeth, "Master, do you think I should be grateful towards you, or should I hate you? If it weren't for your guidance in the past, I never would have been able to attain my current accomplishments. But it's also because of you that the divine generals of the Heavenly Palace of Bisheng have hunted me down for millions of years. Even now, the pursuit hasn't ended, forcing me to change my presence and hide all the time."

"Although I am at the Primordial realm, there's no peak organisation that dares to protect me from the pursuit of the divine generals of the Heavenly Palace of Bisheng. Master, although you managed to mould the current me, I've also been forced into desperate straits because of you."

"Why are they, the divine generals of the Heavenly Palace of Bisheng, so muddle-headed? What did I do? I clearly did nothing, but because of master, they've pursued me for so long."

Chapter 2008: Three Years of Comprehension

In the icy, dark depths of outer space, a huge spatial battleship moved at unimaginable speeds silently, just like a ghost.

Currently, Jian Chen sat on a jade bed within one of the high class cabins in the spatial battleship. He had his eyes closed as he held a stone tablet, meditating like an old monk. Powerful sword intent gradually gathered around him.

The formations in the cabin were all activated. They were linked to the entire spatial battleship such that even Infinite Primes would not be able to smash through them.

As a result, even though the sword intent around Jian Chen gradually strengthened, it was unable to cause any damage to the cabin.

Currently, all of Jian Chen's attention and consciousness had fused into the sword intent of the stone tablet. He carefully comprehended the laws within the sword intent, the profound mysteries of the world.

Even though the slash on the stone tablet only possessed some comprehension from a Primordial realm expert, it was still a Primordial realm expert after all. As a result, the sword intent was so powerful that it was truly boundless in Jian Chen's eyes.

"Is this Sword Immortal?" Jian Chen shivered inside as he sensed the boundless sword intent. Even though he had already reached the partial achievement of Sword Spirit, and he was only two levels away from Sword Immortal, the two levels formed a huge chasm.

Moreover, Jian Chen could vaguely sense the bearing of a Sword Immortal from the sword intent. It was truly like an immortal of the sword, free and unburdened, standing out from the other comprehensions in supremacy. It was on a completely different level to Sword Spirit.

Very soon, Jian Chen entered a selfless state of cultivation as the sword intent drew away his mind. His mind was clear, having forgotten about time and forgotten about himself.

However, powerful sword intent still gathered around Jian Chen. The sword intent was invisible, and it filled the entire cabin. Strands of finger-sized sword Qi revolved around him like little fish. They seemed to possess their own spirits.

Sword Qi with spirits was a representation of the Sword Spirit realm!

If an expert who comprehended the Laws of the Sword witnessed what was happening right now, they would definitely be absolutely astounded.

The comprehension of the Laws of the Sword in Jian Chen's stone tablet was tiny. A Primordial realm expert had accidentally left it there, without intentionally passing on the law, so his Laws of the Sword were not clearly recorded there. As a result, to comprehend anything from the stone tablet was extremely difficult. Let alone Overgods, even Godkings would struggle to gain anything useful from it.

However, Jian Chen easily submerged himself in the mysteries of the Laws of the Sword in the stone tablet as an Overgod. Even across the entire Saints' World, there were very few people who possessed the same affinity and talent for comprehending the Laws of the Sword.

Recently, the most shocking matter that also garnered the most attention in the southern region of the Cloud Plane definitely happened in the Tian Yuan clan of the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian.

The Tian Yuan clan possessed great fame in the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian, but they were still a tiny, nameless clan across the entire southern region in the past.

However, ever since the emperor of the Xi Empire and the ancestral emperors of the Blood Sun Empire had descended there, ever since the status of the Xi Empire's princess was brought to light, the Tian Yuan clan had gone from being a nameless clan to a special clan that could shake up the southern region and even the northern region.

They were special because although they were very weak right now, only in possession of a single Godking who originated from the Earth Spirit sect, there were no organisations who dared to touch the Tian Yuan clan in the entire southern region.

This was all because the Xi Empire's princess had come from the Tian Yuan clan. Not only was she the only daughter of the current Xi Emperor, earning all his love and affection, but she was also an elder of the Tian Yuan clan.

Compared to the past, the provincial city was clearly much busier. People from clans of various sizes would come daily with rich gifts to visit the Tian Yuan clan and express good will.

Although the Tian Yuan clan still had not truly developed, it had already received the attention of everyone.

In a more remote area of the city, a black-robed man who stayed in a large manner also paid attention to the Tian Yuan clan. He basically spent all his time observing the Tian Yuan clan.

He was a vice-leader of the Empyrean Demon Cult, Huai An!

Huai An sat within a hall in the manor as he gazed in the direction of the Tian Yuan clan coldly. Even though he was several dozen kilometers away from the clan, his gaze seemed to be able to pierce through all the obstacles, allowing him to see the Tian Yuan clan clearly.

When he was leaving the Blood Sun Empire, he wanted to come here and destroy the Tian Yuan clan. Although he knew that the daughter of the Xi Emperor was an elder of the Tian Yuan clan, she had already left. If he wanted to destroy the Tian Yuan clan, there was basically no need for him to be so fearful. He did not have to worry about angering the daughter of the Xi Emperor at all through this.

However, what prevented him from acting was that even though the Xi Emperor had left, he left an Infinite Prime from the Xi Empire in the Tian Yuan clan. This expert's cultivation was far greater than his own, so Huai An could only settle down temporarily in the provincial city and take note of the Tian Yuan clan at all times. Once the Infinite Prime departed, he would be able to destroy the Tian Yuan clan with a single gesture. Even the divine king would not be able to stop him.

Huai An's wait had already gone on for several months, yet the Infinite Prime in the Tian Yuan clan still had not left. Huai An felt more and more irritated.

"I have plenty of time. I'd like to see just how much longer you can stay in the Tian Yuan clan, Infinite Prime of the Xi Empire," Huai An thought as his eyes shone coldly.

Time passed by in a flash. Unknowingly, Jian Chen had already been comprehending the Laws of the Sword for three years.

There was only some comprehension deposited in the stone tablet or maybe very little at all, and it was incomplete. As a result, even though Jian Chen had not completely understood the mysteries in there during these three years, he had understood most of it already.

"Although the comprehension on the stone tablet is incomplete, I've benefited plenty already. I can break through at any time if I follow the path of the owner of the stone tablet and reach the major achievement of Sword Spirit. However, the owner of this slash views the Way of the Sword as something the universe conjured, so his Way of the Sword is derived from whatever is conjured. As a result, his Way of the Sword still pales in comparison to the ways of the world. He's always one step slower."

"But I think the Way of the Sword is the ways of the world. It's one of the three thousand great ways, where the Way of the Sword already existed when chaos split into yin and yang and the ways of the world created the universe. It's on the same level as the universe, with no difference in between. As a result, I can't follow the Way of the Sword on the stone tablet," Jian Chen opened his eyes and murmured.

However, when he refused to follow the path the stone tablet had laid out, his eyes shone brighter and brighter.

"I still need to comprehend my own Way of the Sword. Someone else's path is someone else's in the end, so I can only borrow it. Although I won't be able to break through right now, the stone tablet has still allowed me to realise many things. I can already vaguely see the path to Sword Immortal, so reaching the major achievement of Sword Spirit is only a matter of time."

"I've already reached a bottleneck now. Cultivating blindly will no longer give me any substantial help. If I want to break through, I need to comprehend the world and the universe," Jian Chen had already made his way out of his cabin as he thought about that.

The moment he opened his door, the stone tablet in his hand silently turned to dust. It dispersed with the breeze.

After the three years of comprehension, whatever had been left on the stone tablet had completely dispersed already. The stone tablet itself crumbled with the wind.

Before long, Jian Chen appeared on the deck of the spatial battleship. Outer space stretched as far as the eye could see.

Chapter 2009: A Sense of Danger

Standing on the huge deck of the spatial battleship, Jian Chen stared at the boundless space that was filled with stars. He could not help but gasp before raising his head. He could not help but splay his hands either.

This was the first time he had clearly seen the outer space of the Saints' World ever since he had come here. It was also the first time he made such close contact with the boundless universe. Perhaps due to the boundlessness, Jian Chen felt extremely broad-minded at this moment. He felt like he was going to fuse with the universe, and he wanted to hug it.

"Elder sister, look at what that person is doing. He's standing there in a daze with his arms open, and his eyes are closed as well. So strange," at this moment, a rather young voice rang out.

Two females had just made their way onto the deck of the spatial battleship. One of them only seemed to be about seven or eight, making her still a child. She looked at Jian Chen curiously with her bright eyes.

The other female seemed to be in her twenties. She was beautiful, where her skin was soft and white. She possessed a slender figure. Although she was not exactly devastatingly beautiful, she was still extremely pretty.

The older female immediately covered the girl's mouth. She lectured sternly, "Xiao Man, have you forgotten what I've said? It doesn't matter what weird things or people you see. You can't speak carelessly, or you'll cause trouble for yourself."

"Okay, sister!" The girl called Xiao Man nodded obediently. She glanced at Jian Chen timidly before immediately walking far away.

Jian Chen opened his eyes and looked at the girl who made her way away. His gaze became gloomy, and he felt rather lonely.

The purity and naivety of the girl made him remember Xiao Ling.

"I won't be able to return to the Cloud Plane soon. I hope Xiao Ling is safe in the Tian Yuan clan," Jian Chen sighed to himself. He looked around the deck of the ship before sitting down in a quiet region. He cast down a simple formation around him before continuing his comprehension. He hoped to comprehend something from the stars and thus overcome his bottleneck so that he could reach the major achievement of Sword Spirit.

The deck was extremely large and quite a few people had already gathered there. They either formed small groups who drank and spoke together, or they were like Jian Chen, comprehending the mysteries of the stars while simple formations surrounded them.

The formation around Jian Chen cut off all the sounds from the outside. He said he was comprehending, but really, he raised his head to look at the boundless cosmos. He looked at the countless stars above his head, and the countless stars and meteors around him that had been reduced to streaks of light from the speed of the battleship. His gaze gradually became glazed.

At that moment, he felt like he had fused with the cosmos such that they were one.

Of course, this was just a feeling. He was nowhere close to actually fusing with the universe yet.

However, Jian Chen could clearly sense the Laws of the Sword interwoven into the surroundings. It was like a sequence in the surroundings, just like a vein of the universe. It mingled with the other laws, forming a great, boundless net that created the boundless universe.

"Although the ways of the world are divided by power, they can all become universal existences if comprehended to the limit. They can control the order of the universe."

"The three thousand ways are the three thousand laws. Every single law takes part in composing the veins of the universe, the backbone that supports the world. They have their unique purposes and cannot be replaced."

Jian Chen silently gained this enlightenment. He seemed to grasp and understand something, but when he tried to comprehend it closely, he discovered it was nothing.

Jian Chen did not notice at all that when he comprehended the world, the Laws of the Sword were not the only thing he sensed due to being in this state. He could clearly sense the existence of the other laws that formed the world.

Such a matter was unimaginable.

As all people knew, cultivators needed to comprehend the laws of the world to reach Godhood. That was how they got past the gate to Godhood.

However, to control the laws of the world meant that their existence needed to be sensed. They had to 'see' the laws first before slowly grasping them.

If even 'seeing' was impossible, then grasping was naturally impossible as well.

Many Origin realm cultivators were unable to reach Godhood in their lifetimes because they were unable to 'see' the laws of the world. As a result, they could not grasp them.

Some cultivators could grasp two, three, or even more laws at the same time. This was because they could sense their existence.

However, not only could Jian Chen sense the Way of the Sword he was most proficient in, but he could sense all the other ways as well.

However, Jian Chen suddenly felt a chill run down his spine at this moment. The chill had arisen spontaneously, forcing him out of that state.

Jian Chen opened his eyes and stared at the space. He was extremely stern. The sudden chill made him sense danger; it was like a great disaster was going to happen.

"Jian Chen, why are you here? I've been looking for you everywhere," when Jian Chen removed his formation, Kai Ya's voice suddenly rang out. She had just arrived on the deck and quickly made her way towards Jian Chen.

Behind her was the white-robed master Chanlong.

Jian Chen looked at Kai Ya and saw her frantic expression. He could not help but ask out of curiosity, "Kai Ya, what has happened? Why're you looking for me in such a hurry?"

Kai Ya arrived before Jian Chen. She became slightly lost from Jian Chen's question and said, "I suddenly felt slightly uneasy, so I immediately wanted to find you and master Chanlong despite being in seclusion. I found master Chanlong, but your room was empty. Chanlong and I have basically searched through the entire battleship to find you."

Jian Chen became sterner and sterner from that. He could not help but think about the spontaneous chill he experienced earlier from how Kai Ya suddenly felt uneasy.

"Haha. Brother Jian Chen, what a coincidence. You're actually here too," at this moment, a somewhat familiar voice rang out.

Jian Chen followed the voice and looked over. He saw Chi Xiang, who he had met at the convention, make his way over with a smile.

"It's brother Chi Xiang," Jian Chen clasped his fist.

Chi Xiang looked at the stars and meteors that had been reduced to streaks of light in the surroundings and smiled, "The stars are like a torrential rain of light. It's such a beautiful scene. It's only present on spatial battleships that are even faster than Infinite Primes. If we don't properly appreciate such a beautiful scene, it'll be a great regret of life. Brother Jian Chen, why don't we drink while we admire this? I hope you'd give me the honor."

Chapter 2010: The Three-eyed Demon King

The sudden chill Jian Chen had experienced while he had been comprehending and Kai Ya's sudden sense of unease made him feel an ill omen. He was in no mood to drink with Chi Xiang, but just when he wanted to turn him down, a noisy clamor rang out.

"An apology? Hahahaha, you've run into this king, and you want to make it up by apologising? Are you two looking down on me? Would I still have any dignity left if I just let this slide?"

"Sorry senior. It's my younger sister's fault. I hope senior can take my younger sister's age into account and be the bigger person and forgive my younger sister's disrespect earlier."

Jian Chen could not help but gaze over at where the clamor had started. The two females he had met on the deck of the battleship were currently talking to a burly man with a third eye that grew vertically on his forehead.

A heavy presence wrapped around the burly man as he gave off a heavy pressure. His gaze was vicious as he glared at the two females viciously.

The older lady among them was slightly flustered. She apologised to the three-eyed burly man constantly.

As for the young girl, she understood that she had accidentally caused trouble again. Her face paled in fright as she clung onto the hand of the woman next to her. She trembled pitifully.

At this moment, the three-eyed man sneered. He suddenly looked at the young girl's chest, and before they could react, he grabbed the pendant around the young girl's neck. He studied it for a while in his hand and said, "Since you've run into me, give me the pendant as your apology. I won't pester you any longer seeing how you're young." As he said that, the burly man had already gripped the pendant tightly.

"Ah! My mother gave me that before she passed away. Give it back, give it back. Give it back, please. I beg you, don't take what my mother gave me before she died." Like a cat that someone had stepped on its tail, the little girl leapt up now that her pendant was taken. She forgot about her fear and dread, and she lunged at the burly man angrily. She wanted to take her jade pendant back.

However, the young girl had only begun cultivating, so it was impossible for her to approach the man. The thin layer of origin energy around the man forced her back.

"Senior, the pendant is the only item that Xiao Man's parents left for her. It holds great significance for Xiao Man. Moreover, it's not like the pendant is anything valuable, so I beg senior to return it to Xiao Man," the lady forced back her anger and said submissively.

The eyes of the burly man turned cold from that. When he saw more and more people direct their attention over here, he could not help but have a sliver of killing intent appear in his eyes. He said coldly, "You ran into this king, and this king didn't punish you for the sake of this king's dignity. This king only wanted this pendant that would only be a low grade saint artifact at most as an excuse to forgive you. Yet not only do the two of you have no idea what's best for you, but you even want more than that. Do you really think I can be provoked? This king will give the two of you a choice right now. Do you want the jade pendant or your lives? Choose."

The burly man definitely would not return the jade pendant. His third eye possessed a special ability that allowed him to see the reality of many things. The jade pendant seemed simple, but he discovered that it was extraordinary through his third eye.

He had decided that the jade pendant would definitely be a treasure.

In order to scare the people who paid attention to prevent anyone from interfering, the man let out a powerful presence when he reached there. He was a mid Godking.

The young girl was blown away like a broken kite from the eruption of the presence. She could not resist at all.

If it were not for the fact that fighting was forbidden on the spatial battleship apart from the arena of life and death, which made the burly man fearful, he could have used his presence alone to crush the girl who only seemed to be at the Mortal realm.

The older lady was only a late Overgod. Under the presence of a mid Godking, she struggled to protect herself, so she had no effort to spare to protect the girl.

Just when the girl was about to hit the ground, Jian Chen immediately took a step forward as he watched on from a distance. He crossed several hundred meters like he had teleported and directly arrived behind the girl. He caught her gently.

Jian Chen placed her on the ground softly and asked in a voice filled with concern, "Little sister, are you alright?"

The girl's eyes were red and tears pooled up. She seemed pitiful, and she said, "I'm fine. Thank you for saving me, big brother." The little girl looked at the burly man, and her innocent eyes were filled with helplessness. It was a heartbreaking sight. She sobbed, "That's the old thing my mother left me before she passed away..."

"Don't worry, big brother will get it back for you," Jian Chen comforted the young girl before looking at the three-eyed man. He said, "Sir, you're a might Godking, yet you're openly taking a little girl's things. That doesn't suit your identity at all. Why don't you return the pendant?"

Even though the three-eyed Demon King had already reached mid Godking, Jian Chen felt no fear at all. In the three years of comprehension, his strength had increased significantly even though he had not reached the major achievement of Sword Spirit.

Moreover, he had grasped the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline.

Jian Chen only knew that the howl emitted from the power of the bloodline possessed extremely surprising might, but even he himself did not know just how great it was.

As a result, he wanted to find a mid Godking to test his current strength.

Jian Chen sticking his nose into the matter seemed to trigger the burly man. A terrifying presence radiated from him as he glared coldly at Jian Chen with killing intent, "Kid, who are you? Are you sick of living for getting in the way of my matters?"

"He seems to be that Jian Chen who killed the captain of the Swordswolf adventurers as a late Overgod in the arena of life and death."

"Hmm? That really is Jian Chen. It has been three years. I never thought he'd actually appear on the deck."

Many people recognised Jian Chen in the surroundings and cried out his name.

"So you're that Jian Chen? I don't care who you are. Even if you rank first on the Overgods' Plaque, this king won't let you have it easy if you stick your nose into my matters. If you're smart, leave immediately. I can forgive you for your rudeness earlier," said the three-eyed Demon King.

"Hmph, you sure talk big. I would like to see just what ability you have as the so-called three-eyed Demon King," a sneer rang out. Chi Xiang made his way over from nearby, and a Godking basically followed him closely the entire time.

"And who are you?" The three-eyed Demon King's face sank. Killing intent shone coldly in his eyes. However, when he saw the Godking beside Chi Xiang, he could not help but become stern.

"I'm Chi Xiang."

The three-eyed Demon King's face immediately changed. He said in surprise, "Chi Xiang? Are you from the Chi family of the Blood Sun Empire from the southern region of the Cloud Plane?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Who By Soph

Fanfiction

10.3K 27 103
2 0 1
Sudden burst of life
3.7K 226 21
this is a fictional story. please don't take it seriously it's just for fun . read and have fun If I have spelling mistakes please avoid it Don't t...