Chaotic Sword God

By Jepnox2nd

More

1601-1610
1611-1620
1621-1630
1631-1640
1641-1650
1651-1660
1661-1670
1671-1680
1681-1690
1691-1700
1701-1710
1711-1720
1721-1730
1731-1740
1741-1750
1751-1760
1761-1770
1771-1780
1781-1790
1791-1800
1801-1810
1811-1820
1821-1830
1831-1840
1841-1850
1851-1860
1861-1870
1871-1880
1881-1890
1891-1900
1901-1910
1911-1920
1921-1930
1931-1940
1941-1950
1951-1960
1961-1970
1971-1980
1981-1990
2001-2010
2011-2020
2021-2030
2031-2040
2041-2050
2051-2060
2061-2070
2071-2080
2081-2090
2091-2100
2101-2110
2111-2120
2120-2140

1991-2000

102 6 0
By Jepnox2nd

Chapter 1991: Xi Yu's Departure (One)

The eyes of the Xi Emperor turned cold. He said frigidly, "You sure have done your calculations well. Let's just ignore how much longer your ninth prince has been cultivating for the time being. It was your ninth prince that injured our Yu'er first, yet now you propose a battle between Yu'er and your ninth prince as a resolution? Does the life of my daughter pale in value to your ninth prince?" The Xi Emperor's face was extremely sunken. He was furious. After he had said that, he took a step forward, and his powerful presence as a Chaotic Prime radiated, blanketing the people from the Blood Sun Empire in an extremely brutal method. He growled, "Don't you even think about me agreeing to your joke of a match. If you don't hand over the ninth prince today, I'll make your Blood Sun Empire pay a price you can't afford."

The two ancestral emperors of the Blood Sun Empire fell silent. A presence that was no weaker than the Xi Emperor's radiated from them, protecting their people.

However, from their tightly furrowed brows, it was evident that the two ancestral emperors were internally conflicted. They were stuck in a dilemma.

Although the Xi Emperor had only become a Chaotic Prime recently, such that the two ancestral emperors were more powerful than him in terms of cultivation, they really did not dare to become his enemy.

However, they could not hand over the ninth prince either. They understood the Xi Emperor. Once they handed the ninth prince over, he would be dead for sure.

They did not care about the lives of any of the princes in the empire. Instead, they cared about the humiliation it would bring to the Blood Sun Empire if the Xi Empire executed their ninth prince just like that.

At the same time, if they executed the ninth prince over the matter, the Blood Sun Empire would still take a hit to their pride.

After all, the Xi Emperor's daughter was completely fine now. She had just suffered some injuries earlier. If their Blood Sun Empire had to pay with the life of a prince, it would mean that their Blood Sun Empire was not as great as the Xi Empire.

This matter was only the Xi Emperor taking revenge for his daughter.

However, to the Blood Sun Empire, this was something important that related to their dignity and status.

At this moment, Xi Yu said suddenly, "Okay, I accept your suggestion. I'll fight the ninth prince after ten thousand years. I will kill him personally during this match." There was evident killing intent directed towards the ninth prince in Xi Yu's voice.

"Yu'er, don't be impulsive. Your father will decide for you," the empress pulled Xi Yu's hand as she looked at her.

The Xi Emperor also turned around to look at Xi Yu. He showed no intentions of condemning her. Instead, his gaze became filled with gentleness. He said, "Yu'er, there's no need to wait for ten thousand years. Since the ninth prince has injured you, he won't be able to leave here today. You also can't agree to this match."

Xi Yu shook her head. She stared at the ninth prince, who the empress had slapped into a horrible shape, and said through gritted teeth, "I need to dish out this revenge personally. I want to kill him personally during a match."

The Xi Emperor opened his mouth. He wanted to say something, but when he saw Xi Yu's determined gaze, he could only sigh helplessly. He could see Xi Yu's resolution through her eyes. If he continued to try to persuade her, not only would he fail to change her mind, but it might even lead to Xi Yu disliking him. Naturally, the Xi Emperor did not wish to see this.

Just when the ancestral emperors of the Blood Sun Empire had no idea what to do, they suddenly heard Xi Yu accept the match, and their eyes immediately lit up. One of them immediately said, "Since the esteemed princess has agreed to this, let's just leave it like this. Xi Emperor, what do you think?"

The Xi Emperor was helpless. He did not fear the Blood Sun Empire, nor was he afraid of declaring war against the Blood Sun Empire. However, he needed to take his daughter's feelings into account. Since she had already decided, what else could he say?

"I'll let the ninth prince live for another ten thousand years for now because of Yu'er. However, he may have avoided death, but he still deserves punishment." Towards the end, the Xi Emperor's eyes sharpened. He extended a finger towards the ninth prince from the distance, and a terrifying pulse of energy shot out and headed directly towards the ninth prince.

"Argh!"

The ninth prince produced a painful shriek. He directly fell out of the sky, and a bloody hole had appeared on his forehead.

The Xi Emperor had injured his soul, and the power of laws from the Xi Emperor remained there. Not only would it make it difficult for him to recover from this injury, but it would also make it almost impossible for him to reach the Primordial realm.

"Let's go!" The two ancestral emperors of the Blood Sun Empire were indifferent to this. They turned around to leave.

"Leave behind the Spiritual Essence of Starry Skies!" The Xi Emperor called out. The Spiritual Essence of Starry Skies was good stuff. It would assist Xi Yu greatly. Even with his current strength, obtaining a drop of it was extremely difficult.

One of the ancestral emperors of the Blood Sun Empire paused. He tossed over the bottle that contained the Spiritual Essence of Starry Skies before leaving.

The emperor of the Blood Sun Empire reached for the ninth prince with a sunken face. Without saying anything, he left with the Infinite Primes of the empire.

In the blink of an eye, all the people from the Blood Sun Empire had departed. Xi Haoming and Xi Haoxuan did not remain for long after they had departed, leaving very soon as well.

In the blink of an eye, the ancestral emperors of the Blood Sun Empire and the Xi Empire were completely gone. Only the Xi Emperor's group remained.

Although the storm had blown over now, the shock brought onto the people of the Tian Yuan clan from the arrival of the two groups of peak experts was tremendous. Many of them had yet to return to their senses even now.

"Yu'er, it has been tough for you during these years. Come home with mother. Mother will use the rest of her life to make it up to you," the empress grasped Xi Yu's hands tightly while her face was filled with motherly love.

The Xi Emperor put the bottle of Spiritual Essence of Starry Skies away before turning around and looking at his daughter deeply. Although he did not say anything, he experienced warmth and happiness greater than he had ever felt in the past.

Two thousand years. He had searched for two thousand years, and he was finally reunited with his daughter today!

"This is my home." Xi Yu drew her hand back from the empress, and she looked at the ruined Tian Yuan clan. She spoke very softly.

"Yu'er..." The empress choked back sobs. Xi Yu's coldness broke her heart. Tears pooled up in her eyes, and they almost rolled down her cheeks.

"No matter what, I have to thank you. Thank you for saving our Tian Yuan clan," Xi Yu took a few steps back slowly and bowed at the empress and the emperor deeply.

The empress finally broke into tears uncontrollably again from how Xi Yu acted, while the Xi Emperor sighed inside. He knew that his daughter was still unwilling to forgive them.

However, since he had found his daughter now, he believed time could change her, that time could make her accept them.

In the distance, the light in the divine king's eyes flickered. He hesitated, and in the end, he made up his mind. He stood forwards and clasped his hands, "I am the divine king of the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian. Greetings to the Xi Emperor and the empress."

After bowing towards the two of them, the divine king looked at Xi Yu and became stern. He said, "Your highness, Jian Chen currently faces the pursuit of the vice-leader of the Empyrean Demon Cult, Huai An. His life is in danger."

When she heard that Jian Chen was being hunted down, Xi Yu's face changed drastically. At that moment, she had completely forgotten about her parents and the Xi Empire. The divine king's words boomed through her head.

"Your majesty, what did you say? The patriarch is currently being hunted down by a vice-leader of the Empyrean Demon Cult?" Xi Yu arrived before the divine king with a flash and asked him in disbelief.

The divine king nodded, "Not long ago, Huai An brought three late Godking protectors to deal with Jian Chen. Although I kept Huai An busy, the three late Godkings pursued Jian Chen. Although Jian Chen is a supreme Overgod, he's definitely not the opponent of the three late Godkings. It has already been quite some time since the three late Godkings pursued him."

"Also, now that Huai An is no longer entangled by me, he has travelled off in Jian Chen's direction. With his speed, he has probably caught up already. Jian Chen definitely can't escape, so he'll definitely die if nothing happens."

Xi Yu immediately paled after receiving the confirmation.

Chapter 1992: Xi Yu's Departure (Two)

The expressions of Sacredfeather, Rui Jin, Hong Lian, Hei Yu, and the others who had come up from the Tian Yuan Continent all changed.

They knew without even thinking what the outcome would be when an Overgod faced the pursuit of a Primordial realm expert.

On the other hand, the Xi Emperor's eyes lit up when he heard that. He said, "Do you have an image of Jian Chen and something that contains his presence?"

"We do. The patriarch's room and cultivation room should possess his residual presence," said Mo Ling. Afterwards, he led the Xi Emperor directly to where Jian Chen stayed.

The Xi Emperor was a supreme expert. In Jian Chen's room, he was able to capture any residual presence without any effort. Afterwards, he immediately expanded the senses of his soul, blanketing the surroundings.

Xi Yu stared at the Xi Emperor nervously. Even though she was unable to accept her parents who had appeared out of nowhere, only they could save Jian Chen now.

Very soon, the Xi Emperor retracted the senses of his soul. He looked at Xi Yu and said, "I've discovered Huai An outside the imperial capital of the Blood Sun Empire, but he is injured. He was injured by people of the Blood Sun Empire. There are residual presences of Jian Chen in the imperial capital, but he's not there."

"However, a spatial battleship took off recently. Jian Chen's presence vanished at the spatial battleship's dock. If I've guessed correctly, he should have boarded the spatial battleship and left the Cloud Plane.

Xi Yu and the other people of the Tian Yuan clan finally felt relieved when they heard that Jian Chen was fine.

However, the Xi Emperor felt some pity. Originally, he wanted to mend his relationship with his daughter through saving Jian Chen. It could help reduce the amount of repulsion his daughter felt towards him. However, he failed to find Jian Chen.

"Jia Yun greets the emperor, empress, and princess!" Before long, a refined, middle-aged man in white robes arrived at the Tian Yuan clan. He bowed towards the three of them politely.

Jia Yun was the Radiant Godking that the Xi Emperor had summoned over from the Xi Empire. He had hurried over as quickly as he could through the teleportation formations. As soon as he arrived in the Tian Yuan clan, he had learnt Xi Yu's identity from a Primordial realm expert who had come with the Xi Emperor.

Xi Yu immediately brought Jia Yun eagerly to where Mo Yan had died after learning he was a Radiant Godking. She asked frantically, "Senior, can you really revive sister Mo Yan?"

Jia Yun closed his eyes to sense the surroundings before smiling confidently. He clasped his fist at Xi Yu and said, "Although her body is destroyed, her soul has not dispersed. It still remains, so don't worry, your highness. Saving her won't be anything difficult."

"Then I'll trouble senior Jia Yun with saving sister Mo Yan," Xi Yu was elated.

"Yes, your highness," Jia Yun clasped his hands politely. Xi Yu was the only daughter of the Xi Emperor, so her status was naturally far greater than the past. Even though Jia Yun was a Radiant Godking, possessing a status greater than all other Godkings in the Blood Sun Empire, he still needed to be polite to the Xi Emperor's only daughter.

However, just when Jia Yun was about to revive Mo Yan, he suddenly paused. However, he returned to normal very soon. He said to Xi Yu, "Your highness, to save this person, the process must be performed in the Xi Empire where I enter seclusion. There's a formation engraved there, making the Radiant Force extremely abundant. Only under those circumstances will success be certain."

"Moreover, when I condense the soul, there's a very high chance that she will lose her memory and forget the past. As a result, to ensure that your highness' sister retains her memory, I will need your highness to constantly call her name besides me and use your highness' presence as a medium so that the recovered soul won't lose any past memories."

Jia Yun's expression was rather unnatural. Ever since he had started cultivating, this was the first time he had told such a lengthy lie. However, he felt extremely powerless, as the Xi Emperor had ordered him to 'trick' the princess back to the Xi Empire no matter what method he had to use.

As a result, he could only spin a lie like this. In reality, it would be nothing difficult to revive Mo Yan whose soul remained intact with his abilities as a Radiant Godking.

"Alright. Let's go immediately!" Xi Yu agreed without any hesitation. She did not understand the powers of Radiant Godkings at all. Naturally, she did not know that there was no need to venture to the Xi Empire to save Mo Yan with Jia Yun's level of cultivation.

However, Jia Yun was her only hope of saving Mo Yan. Let alone the Xi Empire, Xi Yu would even wade through danger to save Mo Yan.

"Let's not tarry and return right now. You don't have to worry about the Tian Yuan clan. I will get someone to safeguard the place for now..." The Xi Emperor beamed. He gave Jia Yun a glance of appreciation before immediately leaving the Tian Yuan clan with Xi Yu to return to the Xi Empire.

As for the two old men who had come along, one of them remained in the Tian Yuan clan.

After the Xi Emperor had departed, the Primordial realm experts of the Heavenly Moon Empire finally gained a chance to speak. Whether they were a part of the imperial family, were the ancestor of the Earth Spirit sect or Daoist Sect of Calm Clouds, they all removed all haughtiness as Primordial realm experts to express their goodwill towards the Tian Yuan clan. All of them behaved extremely politely, leaving behind various resources before leaving.

Huai An and his three Godkings slowly flew through the air outside the imperial capital of the Blood Sun Empire. Huai An's face was extremely sunken as terrifying killing intent flickered in his eyes from time to time.

The three protectors behind him remained silent, following him in fear.

The three of them knew that they had made the vice-leader extremely furious since they had failed to stop Jian Chen, allowing him to flee to the imperial capital of the Blood Sun Empire and board the spatial battleship in the end.

"A Chaotic Prime's presence has appeared in the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian. I'll go check out the situation first before wiping out the Tian Yuan clan along the way," thought Huai An. He directly flew towards the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian with the three Godkings behind him.

...

Jian Chen stood by a window and gazed out of it blankly. Currently, he was in the huge cabin at the bottom of the spatial battleship. He stared at the huge piece of land that rapidly shrank.

The spatial battleship accelerated. As it drew further and further away, the vast land was finally completely visible.

This was the first time Jian Chen had seen the Cloud Plane as a whole. The Cloud Plane was not spherical. Instead, it was a huge piece of land that floated in the sky. Land and sea occupied equal areas while the sea divided the entire piece of land into five regions. They formed the five major regions.

Jian Chen looked at the southern region as if he wanted to find the Tian Yuan clan. Unfortunately, the Tian Yuan clan occupied just too small of a space with the entire southern region in perspective. He even struggled to find the territory of the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian from where he was.

Just when Jian Chen was in a daze, a long chime suddenly rang through the cabin. With it, a haughty voice rang out, "Get to work, get to work. Quit staring at me. The ship has already entered outer space, so provide the ship with energy quickly. Don't laze around. You already know what happens if you're lazy, so I won't go into detail."

Chapter 1993: The Swordswolf Adventurers

As the voice rang out, some of the people who were conversing leisurely around the cabin returned to their seats. They sat on their stone pedestal, and afterwards, they emitted powerful pulses of origin energy.

At this moment, all the people in the cabin poured their origin energy into the stone pedestal.

As they poured origin energy into the pedestals, Jian Chen could clearly sense the speed of the ship suddenly increase. It moved faster and faster. In the end, he discovered that all the stars outside the ship were rapidly receding from the ship as streaks of light.

The stars were not moving. Instead, it was simply the ship moving too quickly.

"The speed of the spatial battleship has probably surpassed Infinite Primes," Jian Chen was secretly surprised by this. Then, he looked at the people who poured origin energy into the stone pedestals as they sat there, and he returned to his position with some doubt.

Next to Jian Chen, master Chanlong was pouring origin energy into his stone pedestal. When he saw Jian Chen and Kai Ya's confusion, he explained, "I bought the tickets to the spatial battleship under tight conditions, and it was not cheap, so I only managed to get three low class tickets. All the people in the low class cabin need to pour origin energy into the stone pedestals every second day."

"The stone pedestals are linked to powerful formations. All the origin energy that enters the stone pedestal will be taken to the formation that powers the spatial battleship to be used as fuel."

Master Chanlong looked at Jian Chen and Kai Ya, who still did nothing, and said with some helplessness, "Although the price of taking this low class cabin is cheap, we have to provide energy for the spatial battleship's movement. This was a condition that came with the ticket. If we don't do this, our right to ride the spatial battleship will be revoked, and we will be thrown out."

"Can we upgrade our flight to a higher class?" Jian Chen asked. He did not have enough divine crystals to take a teleportation formation to a different plane, but he believed he could afford to fly at a higher class.

After all, he had obtained a large amount of divine crystals from Yaxi Lian. As the commander of the seventh army, Yaxi Lian was far richer than regular Godkings.

Even after he went on a shopping spree in the Xuandao Empire, he had only used up a small fraction of the divine crystals from Yaxi Lian's Space Ring.

"They're already full, so we can't upgrade even if we can afford it. We can only move up if the people in the other classes leave or die," said Chanlong.

Jian Chen nodded slightly before sitting down on the stone pedestal. He did not copy the other people by pouring his own energy into the stone pedestal. Instead, he removed a large number of thumb-sized high grade divine crystals from his Space Ring. As soon as the divine crystals came in contact with the stone pedestal, the pure origin energy within would be drained away.

Jian Chen cultivated Chaotic Force. It was far more precious than the origin energy that other fighters cultivated. Naturally, he would not pour that into the stone pedestal. As a result, he would rather replace it with divine crystals than use up his own Chaotic Force.

However, Jian Chen's actions attracted the attention of everyone in the cabin. At that moment, everyone's attention was locked onto Jian Chen.

It was not that no one used divine crystals in place of their own origin energy. They were just extremely rare, and they would only use low grade divine crystals.

However, they had not even heard of a person who would directly use high grade divine crystals like Jian Chen.

At that moment, a lot of people looked over enviously. Some of them were jealous.

The divine crystals that Jian Chen had taken out were quite a large sum to many of the people present.

"What an idiot. He's using high grade divine crystals in place of his own origin energy. I'd like to see how long he can last."

"I'm certain that he won't even be able to last for three days. As time goes on, even Godkings can't afford to burn high grade divine crystals like that."

A few people discussed softly, but naturally, Jian Chen heard all of it.

Jian Chen did not speak up about this. However, he also felt very helpless because apart from high grade divine crystals, he only had supreme grade divine crystals in his Space Ring. Moreover, he did not have many loose pieces of divine crystals. Basically, all of them were blocks.

In the blink of an eye, the spatial battleship had already flown through outer space for close to a month.

Jian Chen used high grade divine crystals continuously during that time to replace his own energy. He had used up several tens of thousand divine crystals.

The people who believed that Jian Chen would not be able to last long gradually changed their minds after they saw how Jian Chen had used several tens of thousand high grade divine crystals in the span of less than a month. Greed and burning desire appeared in their gazes towards Jian Chen.

People who treated several tens of thousand high grade divine crystals like nothing clearly possessed an extremely large sum of divine crystals.

"One day consumes over two thousand high grade divine crystals. I need to spend half a month each month pouring in energy, so a month should consume between thirty to forty thousand high grade divine crystals. That's close to five hundred thousand in a year and a million in two years, which is a block of high grade divine crystal," Jian Chen calculated his expenses.

Burning through a single block of high grade divine crystal every two years was nothing to him right now because let alone high grade divine crystals, just the supreme grade divine crystals he possessed amounted to several dozen blocks. A single block of supreme grade divine crystal could be converted into a hundred blocks of high grade divine crystal.

At this moment, seven people in tight black robes appeared before Jian Chen. They surrounded him, and a middle-aged man smiled, "Brother, may I ask you where you come from and which sect you come from?"

Jian Chen had already sensed their intentions. He could tell from their almost identical attires that they probably belonged to the same organisation.

In the spatial battleship, there were over thirty other people in the same attires apart from the seven of them.

However, the seven people around him right now were the stronger ones. They were all Overgods. The other people in similar attires were below Overgod.

"I am just a wanderer. I have no sect or master. There's no need for me to mention my name. It's not worth remembering," said Jian Chen calmly as he remained seated on the stone pedestal. Now that he had left the Cloud Plane, he was indeed a wanderer.

Master Chanlong and Kai Ya opened their eyes at that moment as well, staring at the seven people coldly.

The seven men naturally sensed that Jian Chen was with Chanlong and Kai Ya. However, they did not mind at all. After they learned that Jian Chen was only an independent cultivator, the eyes of the middle-aged man who had spoken earlier lit up. He said, "We're the Swordswolf adventurers. The captain and the two elders are currently at the high class cabin and they're all Godkings. Brother, would you be interested in joining our group? Although we're not a peak organisations, we're still one with three Godkings. Would you be interested?" As they said that, a pressure radiated from the seven of them, slowly approaching Jian Chen.

Although the middle-aged man had spoken rather politely, the forcefulness in his words was evident. He was basically threatening Jian Chen.

Chapter 1994: Arena of Life and Death

"Hmph, once you join us, I have countless methods to kill you. At that time, it doesn't matter how many divine crystals you have on you. It'll all be mine," the middle-aged man sneered secretly. Naturally, he had come for Jian Chen's divine crystals. Seeing how Jian Chen treated the high grade divine crystals like nothing, he knew that Jian Chen was extremely wealthy, having probably obtained it all through luck.

As for Chanlong and Kai Ya, who were with Jian Chen, the middle-aged man did not take them seriously at all even though they were Overgods and no weaker than any of his companions.

This was because they were the Swordswolf adventurers. They had three Godkings, and aside from that, his brothers who had stood forward with him were no ordinary people either. They possessed a combination attack that basically made them invincible below Godkings when used. Even against opponents who outnumbered them, they would be able to emerge victoriously.

"I have no interest," Jian Chen said extremely calmly. Even though he knew the Swordswolf adventurers possessed three Godkings, he did not care at all.

As long as he did not encounter late Godkings, they would not be able to pose too great of a threat to him. Moreover, late Godkings would not just appear this easily.

Moreover, he had already learnt from Chanlong that fighting was prohibited on the spatial battleship, so it did not matter even if the Swordswolf adventurers possessed late Godkings. The rules of the spatial battleship still bound them, preventing them from fighting.

The middle-aged seemed to have expected Jian Chen's declination. His face did not change, and he said, "Our Swordswolf adventurers possesses some fame and prestige. We're a group of rather powerful adventurers. Sir, are you turning down our invitation because you're looking down on us?"

"Any person who looks down on our Swordswolf adventures will suffer horrible consequences. Brother, you better consider it well." From behind, a gloomy young man who seemed to be approaching his thirties said gruffly. There was a vague sense of killing intent.

"Aren't you going overboard? We don't want to join, so you assume it to be looking down on you. Do all the people you want to join have to join?" Kai Ya stood up and said furiously.

"Haha, that's right. Our Swordswolf adventurers just likes going overboard, so what? " The young man sneered. He stared at Kai Ya and scoffed, "But you don't have to worry, girl. Not anyone can join our Swordswolf adventurers. Your cultivation is just barely enough, but your appearance..." The young man sighed when he reached there, "Sigh, after spending some time in the imperial capital of the Blood Sun Empire of the southern region of the Cloud Plane, I have seen plenty of beautiful women. It has taken my tastes to a whole new level. Now that I've seen your appearance, I really can't let you join us because the women we had fun with in the brothels of the imperial capital were hundreds of times pretties than you. If I let you join us, our Swordswolf adventurers will probably be completely humiliated."

"Hahaha, that's right. Our Swordswolf adventurers is a group with some fame after all. We can't just let an extremely ugly woman join. Otherwise, we won't be able to show ourselves in the future."

"Woman, quit staring at us. You won't get invited even if you stare at us like that because your face really makes us troubled."

The people of the Swordswolf adventurers laughed aloud. Gradually, the topic of the conversation began to revolve around Kai Ya. They scoffed and scorned her as they pleased.

"You-" Kai Ya paled in fury. She was a woman before being an Overgod. Since most women cared about their appearance, the scathing words of the Swordswolf adventurers made her extremely furious.

Indeed, Kai Ya's beauty was not breathtaking. She could not compete with fairy Hao Yue, Shangguan Mu'er, and so on. Even the two princesses of the Xuandao Empire, Xing'er and Lan'er, were prettier than her. However, she was still pretty, nowhere near as bad as the people from the Swordswolf adventurers had described.

Seeing the Swordsworth adventures humiliate Kai Ya, Jian Chen experienced heavy killing intent. He turned towards Chanlong emotionlessly and asked, "Master Chanlong, is there any way to kill them?"

Master Chanlong's face was ugly as well. The vague sense of familiarity he felt from Kai Ya had already made him treat her as his best friend. Now that his best friend was being harrassed, he also experienced killing intent.

"There's an arena of life and death set up on the spatial battleship. There are no rules there. As such, once you enter it, you can kill to your heart's content without breaking any rules of the spatial battleship," said master Chanlong. He seemed to know what Jian Chen wanted to do, so he stood up from his stone pedestal.

Jian Chen stared at the Swordswolf adventurers and said emotionlessly, "Haven't you deliberately come to provoke us for my Space Ring? I can give you a chance to obtain all my wealth. In the arena of life and death, if you can kill me, then-" Jian Chen directly took out a block of supreme grade divine crystal and tossed it onto the ground when he reached there. He continued, "Then all my wealth in my Space Ring belongs to you. This block of supreme grade divine crystal is only a portion of it. I just wonder whether you have the courage to come get it or not."

The block of supreme grade divine crystal was placed before Jian Chen. The huge crystal was transparent, and it shone with a dense, hazy light. Pure origin energy pulsed, causing all the people in the cabin to become green with envy. They all stared right at the block of divine crystal.

This was a block of supreme grade divine crystal, one meter in length, width, and depth. Let alone supreme grade, many people in the cabin had not even seen a high grade divine crystal the size of this.

All the people from the Swordswolf adventurers stared at the block of supreme grade divine crystal as well. Desire filled their eyes.

They knew that Kai Ya and Jian Chen were together, which was why they made fun of Kai Ya to aggravate Jian Chen, forcing him into the arena of life and death. They had never thought they would achieve their goal so easily.

"We accept your challenge. Let's go to the arena of life and death," the Swordswolf adventurers agreed without hesitation. Even though there were people amongst them that could already sense that something was off, they ignored it very quickly before the temptations of supreme quality divine crystals.

Although they could not tell Jian Chen's level of cultivation, they knew he was not a Godking from his presence alone. They had no need to fear as long as they did not encounter Godkings.

Moreover, even if he were a Godking, it did not matter. There were no rules in the arena of life and death. If the seven of them combined their strength, they could remained tangled with Godkings for a while through their various techniques. That time would be enough for their captain to arrive.

Jian Chen, Kai Ya, and Chanlong set off for the arena of life and death with the seven Overgods.

Behind them were the several dozen members of the Swordswolf adventurers below Overgod.

After they had left, the remaining people in the cabin hesitated before quite a few people followed them away as well. They had gone to watch.

At the same time, in a luxurious room filled with origin energy within the high class cabins of the spatial battleship, a scarred, muscular man in tight, red robes sat on a jade bed.

He was the captain of the Swordswolf adventurers, known by other as the Wolf King!

Suddenly, the man's face changed, and he slowly opened his eyes. He took out a jade talisman from his Space Ring and scanned it with the senses of his soul.

"Qing Fan and the others have caught a big fish in the low class cabin. He actually holds a block of supreme grade divine crystal at the very least, and he has already in the arena of life and death. Yes, that's a big fish in deed. Qing Fan and the others have done well. I gotta properly reward them later," the Wolf King was elated. Even to him, a Godking, a block of supreme grade divine crystal was wealth that he could not ignore.

However, the Wolf King furrowed his brows soon after. He murmured, "Not only does the target hold a block of supreme grade divine crystal at the very least, but he's not afraid of the challenge either. It looks like he might be a difficult target. I have to go have a look, just in case the big fish escapes," the Wolf King immediately left the room. He summoned the other two Godkings of the Swordswolf adventurers and went to the arena of life and death together with them.

Chapter 1995: Killing Overgods Instantly

The arena of life and death was located in the central region of the spatial battleship. This was also the busiest and most prosperous area of the entire ship. Shops, food, and entertainment all gathered here, making it seem like a miniature, bustling city.

Not only was there free trade here for various cultivation methods, battle skills, treasures, and so on, but there was also delicious food made from the meat of various huge space beasts. It would draw in a large number of diners every day.

Jian Chen, Kai Ya, and Chanlong made their way through the bustling region of trade with the people from the Swordswolf adventurers. They headed directly towards the arena of life and death.

The arena of life and death was a circular platform that was a thousand meters wide. A barrier surrounded the entire place, and it was so powerful that even Godkings would struggle to make it tremble.

As soon as they arrived here, the gloomy young man who had mocked Kai Ya directly leapt onto the platform. As for the six other Overgods of the Swordswolf adventurers, they surrounded Jian Chen, Kai Ya, and Chanlong to cut off their path of retreat. They wanted to prevent them from running away suddenly.

"I'm already in the arena of life and death. Brat, weren't you pretty arrogant earlier? You boasted that you would kill us. Now that your opportunity is right before you, come in here," the gloomy young man stood in the arena as he stared at Jian Chen in provocation.

'The three of you are already here. Surely, you're not considering to flee now?"

"Haha, you haven't been frightened by our Swordswolf Adventurers, right? Look at the three of them. You can tell with a single glance that they're cowards."

The six people who surrounded Jian Chen and the others all scoffed. From how nervous they seemed, they appeared to be afraid that Jian Chen really would flee now.

They did not pay any attention to Kai Ya and Chanlong. Their main target was only Jian Chen.

A cold light and killing intent flickered through Jian Chen's eyes as he listened to the various remarks from the people. With a gentle leap, he took to the air and passed through the barrier around the arena of life and death with no obstruction. He stood in the arena now.

There were no restrictions on the people who used the arena of life and death in the spatial battleship. It did not matter if people were fighting in it already, as people could enter from outside whenever they wished to engage in a deathmatch with their opponents.

Once the deathmatch began, it would continue until someone died. Only those victorious could leave the arena alive.

Defeat meant death!

Seeing how Jian Chen had really entered the arena of life and death, the eyes of the Swordswolf adventurers lit up. They were elated. Once he had entered the arena of life and death, it would mean that the deathmatch had begun. Unless he was victorious, he could not leave.

"Haha, sir, you really are impressive!" The people of the Swordswolf adventurers laughed aloud. Afterwards, the six other Overgod leapt into the arena as well.

They had never even considered fighting Jian Chen alone. They were already prepared to rush him together once Jian Chen entered the arena of life and death. They would surround him until he died.

Once Jian Chen died in the arena, all his wealth would become theirs.

"Jian Chen, leave that person to me. I want to teach him a lesson personally," Kai Ya said to Jian Chen secretly. She and master Chanlong had entered the arena together. She glared at the young man who had scoffed at her before and killing intent surged out.

People had already begun to gather around the arena gradually. They pointed at the people in the arena and conversed softly.

As it was seven against three, many people felt the odds were against Jian Chen and his group. The Swordswolf adventurers were quite famous here. Many people knew they possessed a combined attack, allowing them to defeat people more powerful than them. Moreover, these people were not all the Swordswolf adventurers. There were three Godkings who supported them.

Although this type of organisation was nowhere close to the apex, it was considered quite powerful on the spatial battleship.

"Spirit and Body Fusion!"

It was also at this moment that the people from the Swordswolf adventurers began to move. They yelled out together, and the seven Overgods fell into specific positions as quickly as they could. They were prepared to use their combined attack.

"Once we use the technique, those three people are dead for sure. Even if we're unlucky, and we come across a supreme Overgod who is on the Overgods' Plaque, we'll be able to fend them off. All we need to do is keep them busy until the captain makes it here. By then, even supreme Overgods will be doomed."

"That block of supreme grade divine crystal belongs to our Swordswolf adventurers, and I heard that the kiddo seems to have more than that. Hahaha, we've struck big money!"

The seven Overgods were excited inside as if all of Jian Chen's wealth was already theirs.

Just as they dreamed about just how many supreme grade divine crystals they were about to obtain, a terrifying presence filled with destruction suddenly appeared. Kai Ya reached out with her right hand, and a sword immediately condensed out of purely the Laws of Destruction. It produced a terrifying presence before turning into a black streak of light, shooting towards the young man who had insulted her earlier with lightning speed.

Although Kai Ya had only grasped the power of laws recently, she had mastered its usage. Her usage even surpassed Jian Chen's usage of the Laws of the Sword. No one could match up to her.

As a result, not only was it a piece of cake for her to use the Laws of Destruction like it was second nature, but the power of all the laws she used, whether it was the Laws of Fire, Laws of Destruction, or Laws of Creation, was extremely pure, without any contaminants at all. Their power had completely exceeded the same laws from any cultivator at the same level.

The Laws of Destruction moved extremely quickly. In the tiny space of the arena, it was basically instantaneous. With a flash, the Laws of Destruction had approached the young man.

Bang!

With that, the Laws of Destruction had already pierced the young man's head before he could react, and it exploded right after. It blasted the young man's head to pieces as red and white matter flew everywhere.

Before they could even use their combined attack, one of them had already died. Clearly, this had surprised all of them, causing them to tarry slightly. They all looked at the headless corpse of the young man as disbelief filled their faces.

Just a single strike had claimed the life of one of their companions. Just what was this strength?

Everyone looked at Kai Ya as they were absolutely astounded. Only now did they realise just how terrifying of a person they had provoked.

She had managed to kill one of their companions with the first strike, and they were unable to react at all. Even most of the supreme Overgods on the Overgods' Plaque were not able to do something like that.

Just as they were stunned, the clear thrum of a sword rang out. Jian Chen had arrived before them as a blur with the Startling Rainbow sword, stabbing out with lightning speed.

Spurt!

Faced with Jian Chen's attack, they were unable to block at all. Just that one strike pierced the head of one of them. Jian Chen had killed one of their companions with lightning speed.

Chapter 1996: The Wolf King Arrives

In the blink of an eye, two of the seven confident Overgods of the Swordswolf adventurers had already died. They had been slain in a single strike by Kai Ya and Jian Chen.

The people of the Swordswolf adventurers were not the only ones shocked. Even the observers below were dumbfounded.

"Retreat!" The five remaining people paled in fright. Now that they could not use their combined attack, they retreated as quickly as they could.

Jian Chen charged up. The Startling Rainbow sword turned into a blur as he stabbed towards a second person.

Jian Chen's strike was just too fast. It had surpassed the speed that the naked eye could capture. Although the Overgods could sense it with their soul, they were powerless against it.

Spurt!

Jian Chen's sword directly plunged into the head of a second Overgod. In less than a few seconds, Jian Chen had already claimed the life of two Overgods.

At the same time, Kai Ya had caught up as well. With a wave of her hand, the Laws of Destruction condensed, and she struck out without any mercy at all. Her palm strike struck a person's head and terrifying Laws of Destruction surged. It directly dispersed his soul and cracked his head.

Even though Jian Chen and his group faced the Swordswolf adventurers three against seven in the arena of life and death, their strengths were on completely different levels. Even though there were two late Overgods among the seven of them, they were regular late Overgods at most. Let alone the difference from supreme Overgods, but even the prodigies of some large sects were far more powerful than them.

As a result, the battle was one-sided, or more correctly, it was not a battle, but a one-sided slaughter. Instantly, only the middle-aged man who had approached Jian Chen first remained among the seven of them.

The middle-aged man was called Qing Fan. Even though he was a late Overgod, making him one of the most powerful among the seven, he could not help but pale in fright when he faced Jian Chen and Kai Ya right now. Chills ran down his spine while his forehead had already become covered with a thin layer of sweat.

Out of the seven Overgods, only he remained in the blink of an eye. Just who did they provoke?

Right now, Qing Fan was filled with regret.

"Don't kill me, don't kill me. Brother, it was my wrong earlier. I, Qing Fan, will apologise to you right here and make it up to you. I hope you can be the bigger man and spare my life," Qing Fan basically begged with a trembling voice.

"Spare your life?" Jian Chen sneered. He glared at Qing Fan and said, "Isn't your Swordswolf adventurers pretty powerful? Provoking us purposefully and forcing us into the arena of life and death. We're standing in the arena of life and death now, so why are you begging for forgiveness now?"

"Hmph. Don't get cocky because the people begging for forgiveness will become you very soon," at this moment, a growl filled with killing intent rang out. The scarred captain of the Swordswolf adventurers, the Wolf King, had arrived at the arena of life and death with his two other Godkings.

The three of them seemed to be striding along steadily, but they would cross hundreds of meters with each step. With just a few steps, the three of them directly passed through the barrier and arrived in the arena.

Once they had entered the arena of life and death, it would mean a death match had begun. No one could leave until victory was decided.

"Captain!"

Qing Fan's eyes immediately lit up with the Wolf King's arrival. It was as if he saw a bright lantern in the dark night, gaining hope and confidence. As the attention of Jian Chen, Kai Ya, and master Chanlong was drawn towards the Wolf King, a vicious light flickered through Qing Fan's eyes. He silently took out a dagger and stabbed it towards Jian Chen's heart.

The dagger flickered with a gloomy blue light. It gave off an icy-cold presence, which was enough to cause people to feel chills. It had been covered with an extremely powerful poison.

Qing Fan's sneak attack was unexpectedly successful. The dagger directly pierced through Jain Chen's clothes, and the sharp blade landed on Jian Chen's chest.

Qing Fan was secretly overjoyed when he saw that his sneak attack had succeeded. However, his face froze very soon as he stared at Jian Chen's chest with widened eyes. Disbelief filled his face.

Although his dagger had stabbed at Jian Chen's chest, it did not penetrate anything. It did not even make it through his skin.

In particular, the great resistance he felt in his right hand was like he had stabbed at a steel wall instead.

"H- how is this possible?" Qing Fan was extremely shocked inside. Jian Chen had blocked his sneak attack with his body alone. He had never seen or even heard of such a powerful body before.

However, before Qing Fan could think too much about it, a streak of light rapidly expanded in his eyes. A strand of sword Qi shot out from Jian Chen's hand, piercing Qing Fan's forehead.

"Stop!"

The Wolf King cried out furiously from nearby. He had already charged over as a blur in an attempt to save Qing Fan from Jian Chen.

However, he was too late. The sword Qi from Jian Chen's hand directly left behind a bloody hole in Qing Fan's forehead. It had entered his soul and wiped it out on the spot.

The Wolf King howled out angrily, and his pupils became silver-white. The presence from him surged as he charged at Jian Chen murderously. His right hand turned into a claw as the laws of a Godking descended. He swung it at Jian Chen's head mercilessly.

During all that, his five fingers had silently turned into five claws that shone with cold light.

Jian Chen's face did not change. He remained calm and composed. He formed a seal with his hand, and a golden strand of sword Qi condensed. It shot off as a dazzling streak of light.

Boom!

With a heavy sound, the sword Qi collided with the claws of the Wolf King, making his body tremble. He staggered backwards uncontrollably as a vicious slash appeared on his right hand. It left behind a white mark on his five long claws.

"Since you've already entered the arena of life and death, only the victorious can leave," Jian Chen said coldly. He took a step out and appeared before the Wolf King like he had teleported. He slashed the Startling Rainbow sword to prevent the Wolf King from escaping.

"I never thought I'd meet a supreme Overgod here," the Wolf King was stern. He howled out, and his body rapidly swelled at the same time. In the blink of an eye, he had turned into a silver-white wolf that was ten meters in length.

Nine bone-like swords stood on the wolf's back. They shone with cold light as they pulsed with powerful energy.

The captain of the Swordswolf adventurers was not a human. He was a swordswolf.

Moreover, now that the captain had reverted to his original form, his presence had clearly become stronger.

Chapter 1997: Bloodline of the Ancient Skywolf

Including the captain, there were a total of three Godkings among the Swordwolf adventurers. Just when the captain started fighting Jian Chen, the two other Godkings struck out as well.

Naturally, Kai Ya and Chanlong would not watch on idly. They struck out as well, keeping a Godking busy each.

Although Kai Ya was only an Overgod, and she had only reached Godhood recently, her battle prowess was no worse than Jian Chen's. Her control and usage of laws even amazed Jian Chen.

As a result, as soon as Kai Ya began fighting the Godking, she was equally matched with him, and she even gained the upper hand from time to time.

The three Godkings of the Swordswolf adventurers were not particularly powerful. They were no prodigies, and they were all just early Godkings. As a result, when Jian Chen and Kai Ya faced off against them, it was different from when they were being hunted down by the three protectors of the Empyrean Demon Cult. At that time, they basically could not fight back at all.

Compared to Jian Chen and Kai Ya's ease, master Chanlong suffered much more. He had completely lost the upper hand. If it were not for the assistance from the soul trapped in the formation banners, which had materialised into a giant python, master Chanlong probably would have become heavily injured just from the Godking's attacks.

After all, he was a formations master. He specialised in casting down formations and attacking people like that.

Master Chanlong held a simple, azure disc. He worked with the trapped soul against the Godking as his hands constantly changed between seals. He tossed out formation banners one after another to cast down formations as quickly as possible.

In an open battle, master Chanlong would probably struggle to defeat opponents of the same cultivation realm, but if he could cast down his formations, he could kill Godkings easily.

As they fought in the arena of life and death, violent booms rang out constantly. Powerful pulses of energy ravaged the arena, surprising many of the people who had gathered around it.

As the news that Godkings were fighting in the arena of life and death spread, more and more people gathered around it.

However, without any exception, all the observing people were stunned and shocked.

Three Overgods were fighting against three Godkings, and two of them were even equally matched with their Godking opponents, seemingly gaining the upper hand from time to time. This sight brought unimaginable shock to all the people watching.

"To be able to fend off Godkings as Overgods, the three of them must be supreme Overgods from the Overgods' Plaque."

"The young man and woman are especially impressive. I even suspect them to be ranked first on the Overgods' Plaque."

"We don't know just how powerful the person ranked first is, but I am confident that the young man and woman are ranked within the top ten, no, the top three."

Many people were amazed as they sighed in surprise around the arena.

At this moment, a great wolf howl rang out. The Wolf King and Jian Chen's battle had reached a level of great intensity.

The Wolf King was already doused in blood. Vicious slashes covered his body, and out of the nine bone swords on his back, only six remained. Jian Chen had cut off three.

However, Jian Chen's clothes were torn as well and splashed with blood. It was no longer possible to distinguish whether the blood was his or the Wolf King's.

At this moment, at the very top of the spatial battleship, three old men sat within a well-decorated room.

The three old men seemed extremely simple. Their presences were concealed, making them seem like ordinary people. However, their eyes were extraordinary. Their simple-looking pupils would become as vast and profound as the universe from time to time.

"Three Overgods against three Godkings. Hehehe, this is extremely rare. I never thought that something as interesting as this would happen on our spatial battleship, the Sunlit Dawn," a white-robed, ruddy old man chuckled.

Beside the white-robed old man, there was another wrinkly old man in linen robes. He nodded in agreement and sighed in amazement, "Just the three Overgods that they've encountered randomly are actually so powerful. Not only does that woman's usage of the Laws of Destruction and Laws of Fire make me admire her in particular, but the young man who uses the sword is extremely outstanding as well. I wonder what cultivation method he practises. I can sense a brutal power different from the Laws of Destruction from him. As for that old man, although there's nothing outstanding about him, the formations he casts down are extremely impressive. Sigh, it has been quite a long time since I've moved around in the world. Are all the juniors of this generation this impressive?"

"Not all of them are this outstanding. There just happens to be a few of them together," said the last old man in red robes. He was the old man who had repelled Huai An for Jian Chen and destroyed one of Huai An's arms.

"Hehehe, it's quite rare to see such a fascinating show where three Overgods fight three Godkings at the same time. Hong Mo, Mu He, if we don't have some fun when there's something so interesting going on, it'll be too great of a pity. Why don't we have a bet?" The white-robed, ruddy old man chuckled. He continued, "They seem to be some Swordswolf adventurers. Out of the three Godkings, only the swordswolf is barely eye-catching. He possesses a shred of the bloodline of the ancient Skywolf. In particular, his last bone sword has condensed a sliver of the bloodline's power. As a result, once it erupts, he'll be able to kill almost all early Godkings. Only those prodigies can stop it. Let's bet on who will emerge victorious between the swordswolf and the kiddo with the sword."

"Do we still need to gamble? The young man with the sword matches the swordswolf evenly and gains the upper hand from time to time, but that's only because the swordswolf hasn't used the power of his bloodline. Once he uses that, even if the kid survives, he'll be left half alive. Of course, that's given that the woman with the Laws of Fire and Destruction and the old man with the formations don't provide assistance," the wrinkly Mu He in linen robes shot a glance over and said in some displeasure.

The red-robed old man who had saved Jian Chen, Hong Mo, smiled faintly. He said, "Since the battle is still ongoing, we naturally don't know who will win. Let's bet. Let's see who will win. I'll isolate the three of them so that they can't work together against the swordswolf. Please place your bets."

"I'll bet a piece of True Metal of Buddha on the swordswolf."

"I'll bet a first grade God Tier healing pill on the swordswolf as well."

The two old men placed their bets very soon. They both chose the swordswolf.

Hong Mo smiled faintly and said, "Since you've both chosen the swordswolf, I naturally can't copy you. I choose the young man with the sword. I'll bet that he will win."

"Haha. Hong Mo, it's your loss for sure this time. That sliver of power from the bloodline of the ancient Skywolf cannot be underestimated."

Chapter 1998: The Power of the Bloodline

"The power from the bloodline of the ancient Skywolf is indeed very powerful, except the power condensed in the ninth bone sword is only a sliver of it. If he uses it well, he can indeed claim to be invincible among his cultivation level. However, if he doesn't..." Hong Mo smiled profoundly. The powerful senses of his soul had already enveloped the entire arena of life and death. He was already paying close attention to Jian Chen and the swordswolf.

"It looks like the swordswolf isn't in Hong Mo's favor. Since that's the case, let's just see. I refuse to believe that a Godking swordswolf with the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline will lose to an Overgod..."

...

The battle between Jian Chen and the Wolf King grew more and more intense in the arena of life and death. They had already become blurs. They clashed so quickly that many Overgods were unable to see their figures. They could only grasp them through the senses of their souls.

It had to be mentioned that the Wolf King was very powerful. Although Jian Chen had already fought with several early Godkings in the past, they paled in comparison to the Wolf King in terms of battle experience.

As the captain of a group of adventurers, the Wolf King had experienced far more battles and life-or-death situations than many disciples of large sects.

Coupled with the Wolf King's special bloodline and his body as a magical beast, he possessed battle prowess that exceeded most human Godkings. In the end, it led to the battle between Jian Chen and the Wolf King being especially difficult.

At this moment, an extremely powerful pulse of energy appeared in the arena of life and death. Five of the six remaining bone swords on the Wolf King's back suddenly shone with a silver-white light. Extremely violent energy filled each bone sword as they stabbed out suddenly with lightning speed.

Jian Chen's eyes narrowed. With a long whistle, he formed a fist with his left hand and struck out with the Laws of the Sword and Chaotic Force to stop the bone sword that shot towards his forehead.

Immediately, blood splashed, and his left hand was reduced to a mess. The bones in his hand had basically all shattered.

The four remaining bone swords emitted surging pulses as they extended over as blurs, arriving before Jian Chen instantly.

Jian Chen did not try to dodge the four bone swords. Determination flooded his eyes. He charged up in a straight posture and directly allowed his body to be hit. The Startling Rainbow sword in his right hand shone brightly as he cleaved it towards the Wolf King's head with lightning speed.

Jian Chen wanted to trade attacks!

The Wolf King clearly understood Jian Chen's intentions. Craziness appeared in his eyes as well. He was ready to trade blows too.

Spurt! Spurt! Spurt! Spurt!

The four bone swords passed through Jian Chen's body at basically the same time. The white bones emerged from Jian Chen's back. Now, they were dyed red. Blood dripped from them, where each droplet pulsed with powerful energy.

However, Jian Chen did not even let out a grunt. Blood dripped down from the corner of his lips as the sword in his right hand stabbed towards the Wolf King's forehead with lightning speed. Like a flash of light, it arrived before the Wolf King's forehead in a split second.

At this critical moment, the Wolf King twisted his head slightly, dodging Jian Chen's fatal strike. In the end, the strike stabbed his neck. The stream of sword Qi almost severed the Wolf King's head, only leaving a flap of skin that kept it together.

It was also this moment that Jian Chen suddenly froze. The four bone swords in his body suddenly erupted with power as if they wanted to tear his body to pieces. Blood gushed out from his wounds.

Chaotic Force circulated through Jian Chen. He pushed the defences of the Chaotic Body to the limit to endure this power from the bone swords as he swung the Startling Rainbow sword at the Wolf King's back.

Ding!

With that sound, the five other bone swords on the Wolf King's back were all severed.

Eight of the nine bone swords were broken now. Only one remained.

Jian Chen struck out extremely quickly. After breaking the five bone swords, the Startling Rainbow sword turned into a blur once again as he cleaved at the Wolf King's head.

"Killing me won't be that easy. Let alone you, a mere Overgod, even if you become a Godking, you won't be able to kill me because I have the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline. It will be your honor to die to this power," at this moment, the Wolf King's voice rang out.

The voice was filled with deep resentment.

The Wolf King needed to pay an extremely heavy price and lose much of his vitality to use the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline. He had never thought a mere Overgod would force him to a point like this.

However, he had no choice. This Overgod was just too great. He even suspected that the supreme Overgod ranked first on the Overgods' Plaque would not have an easy battle against him.

With that, a force of destruction so powerful that it frightened even Jian Chen suddenly appeared. The ninth bone sword on the Wolf King's back suddenly shone with dazzling red light. The terrifying power slumbering in there suddenly awakened.

Jian Chen stared at the Wolf King's ninth bone sword, and he became extremely stern. He felt the presence of death from the ninth bone sword. The power that had awakened within it startled him.

However, in the next moment, Jian Chen gritted his teeth and continued what he was doing. He stabbed his sword towards the Wolf King's head.

As long as he destroyed the Wolf King's soul, the Wolf King would not be able to use his ability regardless of how powerful it was.

However, just when Jian Chen's sword had stabbed out halfway, he saw a dazzling red light. The light was so powerful that it passed through the barrier around the arena of life and death and dyed the entire space there red.

The red light from the ninth bone sword shone brightly, right at Jian Chen.

Jian Chen immediately froze. Now that the red light had locked onto him, he actually felt like he had been immobilised. Even when he struggled as hard as he could and circulated his Chaotic Force furiously, he was unable to recover his freedom.

The presence of death rapidly drew closer.

"Jian Chen!"

To one side, Kai Ya had already completed her battle. She had slain a Godking elder with a sword condensed from the Laws of Destruction. Sensing that Jian Chen was in danger, she immediately cried out and charged over as quickly as possible.

Master Chanlong had also cast down his formation, trapping the other elder of the Swordswolf adventurers. Seeing how the red light had completely immobilized Jian Chen, his face changed as well. He immediately tossed his azure disc over.

However, before Kai Ya could approach Jian Chen, she seemed to hit a barrier. She was knocked away.

An invisible wall stood before her, seemingly splitting the arena into two worlds, preventing her from approaching Jian Chen.

On the other side, master Chanlong's azure disc struck the barrier as well. Just like Kai Ya, he was unable to approach Jian Chen at all.

At this moment, the red light from the ninth bone sword had almost reached Jian Chen's forehead. The situation was critical.

Chapter 1999: The Ninth Bone Sword

At this critical moment, an extremely powerful sword intent suddenly appeared. It permeated the entire space, causing the expressions of all the people watching on to change drastically.

Two strands of finger-sized sword Qi had appeared above Jian Chen's head, shining with blinding light.

The strands of sword Qi were small, but the power they gave off was shocking. It filled all the Overgods present with fear, and even the expressions of the Godkings changed.

"That kid with the sword is about to die. It's just like what I said. Not only is that swordswolf a Godking, but it also possesses the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline. The kid is definitely not his opponent. Hong Mo, it's your loss this time," the white-robed old man smiled at the top of the spatial battleship.

"Although the kid with the sword is going to lose to the swordswolf, it's extremely impressive for him to force a Godking swordswolf to such state as an Overgod. If the swordswolf did not possess the bloodline of the ancient Skywolf, allowing him to use the bloodline's power, he definitely would not have been able to defeat the young man," Mu He said gently. Pity filled his face.

"Mu He, why're you acting all melancholy? What is there to be depressed about? The Saints' World is so big, and there are so many prodigies out there, but how many people are truly able to make it to the peak? Don't most of them die along the way? Across the years, who knows how many glorious prodigies have died before me. I've grown numb to it," the white-robed old man said calmly. Then, he looked at Hong Mo, and a sliver of excitement appeared in his eyes. He said, "You've lost the best, Hong Mo. According to what you promised us before, you'd give us two third grade God Tier healing pills, right?"

The white-robed old man paused when he reached there. A sliver of surprise appeared on his face, and he could not help but cry out, "What is this sword Qi? It's actually so powerful! How can a sword Qi like that appear from an Overgod?"

At that moment, the indifferent Hong Mo also revealed a slight smile. He murmured to himself, "I knew it. For the vice-leader of the Empyrean Demon Cult, Huai An, to personally hunt him down, he definitely can't be as simple as he seems. Victory remains undecided."

As soon as the two strands of Profound Sword Qi appeared above Jian Chen's head, they shot off like two bolts of lightning. Distance seemed negligible before it, and it collided with the red light in a single flash.

Boom!

The two strands of Profound Sword Qi both dispersed, instantly vanishing. The red light from the ninth bone sword of the Wolf King was clearly much more powerful than Jian Chen's Profound Sword Qi. Although it was also dispersed, a third of its power lingered. It continued towards Jian Chen at the same speed as before.

Jian Chen had already recovered his mobility after his Profound Sword Qi had collided with the red power. However, at the same time, basically all the power of his soul had been drained from using the two strands of Profound Sword Qi. He tottered violently and almost lost his footing.

He was unable to dodge the remainder of the incoming attack. He only stabbed at the Wolf King's head as quickly as he could with the Startling Rainbow sword.

Spurt!

The sword stabbed through the Wolf King's head and destroyed his soul. Due to it being too forceful, the sword passed through the Wolf King's head and stabbed into the arena heavily, pinning the Wolf King's head to the ground.

Crack!

The cracks on the sword rapidly expanded, covering the entire weapon very soon. It directly fell apart like that, reduced to fragments.

The Startling Rainbow sword had already been damaged. After the battle this time, it had finally given way, ending its use.

At the same time, the power of the bloodline struck Jian Chen. Blood spurted from his mouth on the spot as he was blown away. He collided against the barrier around the arena.

The spatial barrier that separated Jian Chen, Kai Ya, and Chanlong vanished with the Wolf King's death.

As soon as the barrier had vanished, Kai Ya immediately rushed over to Jian Chen. She took out the best healing pill on her and fed it to Jian Chen. Concern filled her face.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I can't die," Jian Chen said weakly. He endured the excruciating pain as he struggled to sit up. Then, he took out a large number of recovery pills from his Space Ring and ingested them. At the same time, he circulated his Chaotic Force to heal.

The battle against the Wolf King had left him severely injured. Fortunately, he had the support of the Chaotic Body. Otherwise, he would have died long ago. It would have been impossible for him to last until now.

Spurt! Suddenly, Jian Chen vomited another mouthful of blood. His face had already become sheet-white and haggard.

His wounds were not the problem. With the recovery rate of his Chaotic Body, he would be in perfect condition again before long. However, Jian Chen had never thought that when the red light struck him, a portion of its power would linger within him.

Even though it was an extremely tiny portion, it was exceedingly powerful. Jian Chen was unable to purge it even when he circulated his Chaotic Force. He could only surround it temporarily with Chaotic Force to prevent it from ravaging his body.

"Is this the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline the captain of the Swordswolf adventurers mentioned? It really is very powerful. With my current cultivation, there's nothing I can do about it," Jian Chen thought. As soon as he thought about the might that had erupted from the bloodline's power earlier, he felt a lingering sense of fear.

The power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodine was simply too powerful. He used both strands of Profound Sword Qi, yet he still lost the upper hand. He was only able to disperse a portion of it and weaken it.

Otherwise, if Jian Chen had taken on the entire thing, he would probably be dead even with his Chaotic Body.

"Argh!"

A chilling howl rang out. The last Godking of the Swordswolf adventurers died to master Chanlong's killing formation.

Now, all the experts of the Swordwolf adventurers were dead. Only a few Gods remained.

Clearly, Jian Chen could not recover on the arena of life and death, so after barely stabilising his wounds, he stood up and went to collect the Wolf King's Space Ring. Afterwards, he arrived before the Wolf King's corpse and stared at the perfect ninth bone sword.

He could vaguely sense that the power of the bloodline in the bone sword had not been completely consumed in the attack before. A portion of it still remained.

After hesitating slightly, Jian Chen planted a foot on the Wolf King's corpse and gripped the ninth bone sword with one hand. He pulled hard and directly wrenched the bone sword from the Wolf King's corpse. He also collected the Wolf King's monster core before leaving.

Kai Ya and master Chanlong had taken the Space Rings of the two Godkings they had just killed. They left the arena with Jian Chen.

Among the three Godkings of the Swordswolf adventurers, only the captain was a magical beast. Naturally, the two elders did not possess monster cores.

Only quite a while after the trio had left did a great cry ring out from the observers. At that moment, all the people who had just watched the battle went crazy. They had just witnessed three Overgods kill three Godkings in an open battle. To them, this was something of legends. They would never forget this.

Afterwards, news of three Overgods slaughtering three Godkings in the arena of life and death spread across the entire spatial battleship. It caused a great disturbance.

As for the people who caused this disturbance, Jian Chen, Kai Ya, and Chanlong had already openly claimed the three high class cabins of the Godkings they had slain. They entered seclusion in their rooms to heal.

The three of them had suffered wounds of various severity in the battle this time. Jian Chen had fought against the strongest opponent out of all of them, so he suffered the heaviest injuries.

Currently, Jian Chen sat on the jade bed in his luxurious room. His brows were furrowed tightly. He had already tried to eliminate the residual power from the Skywolf's bloodline in his body with Chaotic Force, but the power was extremely tenacious to his chagrin. Even when he used all the Chaotic Force in him, he struggled to remove even a tenth of the power.

If he allowed the power of the bloodline to linger in his body, it would begin to ravage his body crazily once his Chaotic Force no longer suppressed it.

However, if he constantly surrounded the power with Chaotic Force to keep it suppressed, it would affect his battle prowess. If he encountered another powerful opponent, he would struggle to use all the strength he had; this matter caused Jian Chen distress.

Chapter 2000: The Elders' Summoning

In the blink of an eye, three days had already passed since the battle in the arena of life and death. During this time, Jian Chen had already made a full recovery thanks to the unimaginable regeneration of his Chaotic Body. However, he was unable to remove the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline no matter what he tried. All he could do was leave it inside and suppress it with a portion of his Chaotic Force.

Afterwards, Jian Chen took out the Wolf King's Space Ring and sent the senses of his soul into it to probe.

The Space Ring was filled with various items. Aside from the basic necessities, there were large amounts of divine crystals and pills, and there were various materials for forging weapons and heavenly resources for refining pills.

The Space Ring contained all the wealth of a Godking. Although it was nowhere close to Yaxi Lian's wealth, it was still quite impressive to Jian Chen.

"Hmm? That's Cloudcurl Stone!"

"There's even Essence Metal of Five Elements!"

At this moment, Jian Chen's eyes lit up, and he immediately became elated. He had once again found two materials for forging the twin swords in the Wolf King's Space Ring. Without any hesitation, he immediately took away the Cloudcurl Stone and Essence Metal of Five Elements.

"There are fewer and fewer materials I need for forging the twin weapons. However, due to the limits of my strength in the past, I was restricted to the region of the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian, so collecting the materials were naturally difficult. But as my strength increases, I can gradually increase my range of search. I believe it'll become even easier to collect the other materials," Jian Chen thought. He was eager inside, eager to reforge the twin swords.

"The Startling Rainbow sword has shattered. I need to find a suitable sword soon, or my battle prowess will be drastically affected." Jian Chen got off the jade bed and made his way out. Kai Ya and Chanlong stayed in the rooms right next to him.

When he opened the door, Jian Chen discovered a black-robed man standing outside. There was the symbol of a spatial battleship on his clothes.

Jian Chen understood this person's identity when he saw the symbol. He had learnt from master Chanlong that all the people who wore such attires were a part of the disciplinary team of the battleship.

Jian Chen became rather surprised when he saw a member of the disciplinary team standing outside his room.

"Sir, the elders have asked for you!"

The person said at this moment. His face remained emotionless, and his voice was forceful. He seemed cold.

Jian Chen hesitated slightly before nodding, "Let me see my friends first, and I'll be right there." The fact that the elders of the spatial battleship wanted to see him did not surprise Jian Chen. At the same time, he did not turn them down.

Outer space in the Saints' World was not as calm as it seemed. The dangers that lurked there even surpassed the dangers on land. The spatial battleship would encounter various dangers all the time. Even though the ship was covered with powerful formations, it could not guarantee complete safety.

As a result, experts would travel on each spatial battleship to protect it when it moved through outer space.

They were paramount existences in the spatial battleship. Others knew them as elders. At the same time, they controlled everything in the spatial battleship.

Afterwards, Jian Chen visited Kai Ya and Chanlong's rooms. He learnt that they were fine before following the black-robed person to the highest floor of the spatial battleship.

Jian Chen could not help but think about master Chanlong along the way. Jian Chen had no idea what master Chanlong was to him. They were not friends. Strictly speaking, they had even been enemies in the past.

However, due to Kai Ya who was wedged between them, their relationship became extremely confusing. They were originally enemies, but gradually, their grievances for each other seemed to disappear unknowingly.

Not to mention that it was Chanlong's assistance that allowed him to board the spatial battleship when Huai An was hunting him down.

Even though he knew master Chanlong had done this to save Kai Ya, he also managed to avoid Huai An through this. This made him feel like he owed master Chanlong a favor.

"We're here. The elders are inside. You can go in yourself."

At this moment, the black-robed person's voice rang out. He had already arrived on the top floor of the spatial battleship unknowingly.

Jian Chen clasped his fist at the person who had brought him here before pushing through the door and entering. As soon as he went in, he discovered three old men seated inside.

As the old men had all concealed their presences, they seemed to be nothing special in Jian Chen's eyes.

However, Jian Chen knew that these three seemingly ordinary old men were peak experts who had reached the Primordial realm.

However, when Jian Chen saw the red-robed old man, his eyes immediately narrowed. He seemed to remember that just when he was about to board the spatial battleship, a red-robed old man had fortunately stopped Huai An's attacks towards him. He had stopped Huai An, which allowed him and Kai Ya to enter the spatial battleship safely.

Jian Chen immediately understood that the red-robed old man was the same person who had stopped Huai An in the imperial capital of the Blood Sun Empire. Immediately, he clasped his first and said, "Junior Jian Chen thanks senior for saving my life!"

Hong Mo smiled faintly, "There's no need to thank me. When I interfered before, it was not to save you. Instead, it was because I was tasked with protecting the spatial battleship. Naturally, I can't let any passenger be injured. Otherwise, my dignity would take a hit."

Hong Mo paused after reaching there. He studied Jian Chen seriously and praised, "Jian Chen, you are very impressive and extremely outstanding. You've actually managed to defeat a Godking swordswolf as a late Overgod, particularly a swordswolf that possesses a shred of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline."

"With the power of the ancient Skywolf's bloodline, there are very few people that can match up to him at a similar cultivation level. Once he uses that power, even mid Godkings are likely to die, yet you've survived. I never expected that."

Jian Chen could not help but become curious about the ancient Skywolf seeing how the power of the bloodline was mentioned again. He asked, "Senior, is the ancient Skywolf powerful?"

"You don't say. The bloodline of the ancient Skywolf rivals that of the War God from the God clan. It's just slightly worse. Moreover, the ancient Skywolf used to be one of the Grand Exalts of our Saints' World. Do you think it's powerful? If it weren't for the fact that the bloodline was very thin, you definitely would not be alive right now," the white-robed old man stared at Jian Chen with some evident annoyance.

Jian Chen had cost him an extremely valuable material. It was the main material for forging a god artifact, and he had collected it after great difficulty. In the end, he lost it to Hong Mo through the bet.

Jian Chen was astounded. He had never thought that the ancient Skywolf used to be a Grand Exalt of the Saints' World!

The white-robed old man felt great displeasure towards Jian Chen since he had lost a valuable material. Looking at how astounded Jian Chen had become, he could not help but scoff, "It looks like you don't know what kind of existence a Grand Exalt is. Allow me to give you, the junior, a proper lesson."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123 0 6
Just the everyday misadventures of a multiversal warrior.
16 0 12
Kkksnnew