Chaotic Sword God

By Jepnox2nd

More

1601-1610
1611-1620
1621-1630
1631-1640
1641-1650
1651-1660
1661-1670
1671-1680
1681-1690
1691-1700
1701-1710
1711-1720
1721-1730
1731-1740
1741-1750
1751-1760
1761-1770
1771-1780
1781-1790
1791-1800
1801-1810
1811-1820
1821-1830
1831-1840
1841-1850
1851-1860
1861-1870
1871-1880
1881-1890
1891-1900
1901-1910
1911-1920
1921-1930
1931-1940
1941-1950
1951-1960
1961-1970
1981-1990
1991-2000
2001-2010
2011-2020
2021-2030
2031-2040
2041-2050
2051-2060
2061-2070
2071-2080
2081-2090
2091-2100
2101-2110
2111-2120
2120-2140

1971-1980

83 6 0
By Jepnox2nd

Chapter 1971: A Single Strand of Sword Qi

Kai Ya shook her head as she looked at how flustered Jian Chen had become. She said seriously, "I'm not running. If we're going to run, you run first. My life was saved by you. How can I run away all by myself when you're in danger?" Kai Ya's calm voice was firm.

"H- how are you so stupid? This is a Primordial realm expert. He's so powerful that even if we work together, we won't be able to put up a fight at all. He has come especially for me, and it has nothing to do with you. If you leave, he won't pursue you, but if you stay, you'll just lose your life for nothing," Jian Chen said in a panic. He hoped to persuade Kai Ya to leave.

He knew just how great the difference between him and Primordial realm experts was. It was basically a chasm. As a result, he had already given up on running before an expert like that.

This was because he understood that even if he used the Linear Lightning Release before someone like that, he would not be able to escape.

"Hehe. Jian Chen, you're about to die, yet you're still worrying about other people. It looks like this girl is quite important to you. Whatever. Since that's the case, I'll kill you both," Huai An's sneer rang out like thunder. Afterwards, the clouds in the sky churned wildly and condensed into a huge palm that gave off a terrifying, devastating presence.

At the same time, the other two vice-leaders of the Empyrean Demon Cult sat within a hall as black mist completely shrouded their bodies.

"It looks like this Huai An really can't resist moving against Jian Chen..." An old voice rang out. The vice-leader called elder Sen had spoken, and there was some helplessness on his face.

"I knew this would happen. Huai An is a vengeful person after all. Not only has Jian Chen protected the successor of Huai An's enemy, Duanmu, but Huai An was also forced to do things against his will recently with how Yaxi Lian was captured and used against him by the divine king. In the end, he could only agree to the divine king's ceasefire without any other choice. Jian Chen directly contributed to this, so how can Huai An not resent him? Moreover, the brat called Jian Chen really does possess impressive talent. If he manages to mature successfully, he'll definitely become a peak expert. As a result, Huai An needs to move now to kill him before he has fully grown up, or Huai An will be the one in trouble once Jian Chen truly becomes powerful," said Yi Huayue.

"I don't care about Jian Chen's life or death. It's just that I don't feel like the reactions from above are as simple as they seem regarding the loss of the blood and soul beads. There must be something hidden in there we don't know. I even suspect that the loss of the blood and soul beads were planned by the higher-ups."

"If it really was planned, I'm afraid that Huai An might ruin it all if he attacks Jian Chen. The consequence of that isn't something we can bear," elder Sen said with some worry.

"Elder Sen, we've already warned Huai An. It's he who insists on doing it. If his actions really do foil the plans of the higher-ups, it'll be his burden alone to bear. It has nothing to do with us," said Yi Huayue. Although the three vice-leaders possessed different strengths, their statuses were the same, so they did not have the authority to stick their noses into each other businesses. Now that Huai An had set off all by himself, the two of them had no right to interfere.

"That's reasonable. In short, we can't take part in this matter. Let's just wait and see," nodded elder Sen.

Huai An hovered in the demonic clouds within the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian. As his palm pressed down gently, the hand condensed from the endless clouds immediately crushed down towards Jian Chen and Kai Ya with a terrifying pressure.

A strike from a Primordial realm expert was so powerful that the terrifying pressure caused all the mountains below to rumble heavily. Before the hand had reached them, the rocks were already crushed, unable to endure the pressure.

Jian Chen and Kai Ya were immobilized as the hand fell towards them as if they had been trapped where they were.

Jian Chen became extremely grim as he watched the hand slowly descend from the sky. Even though he knew he was probably doomed today, he was not just going to sit here and wait for his fate.

In the next moment, two strands of finger-sized sword Qi hovered above his head, radiating with sword intent.

At this moment, the only thing he could use was the Profound Sword Qi.

The fusion of the twin swords was impossible. Once he revealed them before a Primordial realm expert, there was just too great of a chance of exposing himself. At that time, he and Kai Ya would not be the only ones dead. The Tian Yuan clan would be destroyed as well.

The Laws of Creation, Destruction, and Fire revolved around Kai Ya. Her presence rapidly rose, and vaguely, some truths of the world seemed to revolve around her. Clearly, she was the same as Jian Chen, wanting to put up a desperate stand.

Swish! Swish!

With the two sounds, two resplendent streaks of white light shot off into the sky. Radiating with soaring sword intent, they rushed towards the hand condensed from the black clouds in an unstoppable manner.

Jian Chen struck out first, using the two strands of Profound Sword Qi at the same time.

However, once he used the two strands of sword Qi, basically all the power of his soul was sapped. Waves of dizziness surged up.

Afterwards, Kai Ya moved as well. The seal formed from her two hands changed, and the Laws of Creation, Destruction, and Fire jumped about on the tip of her finger. In the end, it condensed into a complicated and profound glyph that shot towards the sky with the presence of the world.

Jian Chen's two strands of sword Qi collided with the hand condensed from demonic aura. It directly penetrated the hand, creating a hole that was ten meters wide.

However, that was all. The Profound Sword Qi was unable to penetrate through the hand completely, let alone disperse it. It only managed to create a hole before it completely dispersed.

Boom!

However, in the next moment, there was a deafening boom. The glyph condensed from Kai Ya's three different types of laws had landed as well.

Kai Ya's usage of the laws had reached perfection, even surpassing Jian Chen's usage of the Laws of the Sword. As a result, her strike that contained three different types of laws naturally possessed extraordinary might.

However, she was still an Overgod after all. The difference from the Primordial realm was still too great, so the glyph condensed from the three laws was still unable to block Huai An's casual strike.

Kai Ya's glyph collapsed, while the huge hand continued onwards without slowing down at all. It engulfed Jian Chen and Kai Ya with devastating power.

Just when Jian Chen and Kai Ya faced a moment of life and death, a clear thrum suddenly rang out. A huge, snow-white sword Qi cut through the air, shooting over like it was teleporting. Wherever the sword Qi passed by, origin energy trembled and even space ripped open, leaving behind an extremely thin, black crack. It was as if someone had drawn a line in the sky.

The sword Qi had directly cut through space.

It must be mentioned that in the Saints' World, space was extremely tough. Even battles between Godkings would only make space ripple slightly.

Yet, space was like a piece of paper before this strand of sword Qi. It had ripped as the sword Qi swept through the air.

Chapter 1972: Sword Immortal

Boom!

The sword Qi that possessed terrifying might directly collided with the hand condensed from demonic aura. It erupted with terrifying energy shockwaves, directly flattening the mountain range, causing the ground to crack and sink.

The energy shockwave was truly terrifying. Even with Jian Chen and Kai Ya's strength, they struggled to endure it. The energy forced them into a constant retreat.

If it were not for the fact that the energy shockwave came from a casual strike of a Primordial realm expert, if it were not for the fact that the sword Qi still had not dispersed after cutting through the demonic hand, blocking most of the energy for Jian Chen and Kai Ya, it would be difficult for the two of them to emerge unscathed before the terrifying storm. They would definitely end up injured.

Swish!

The whistling of wind rang out once again. After dispersing the hand, the sword Qi continued to shoot into the demonic cloud with shocking might.

The sword Qi shimmered, shining as brightly as the sun. It illuminated the sky, dyeing all the demonic, black clouds in the sky white.

"Hmph!" A cold snort rang out from the demonic clouds. Primordial realm laws descended in the demonic clouds, forming chains that flickered through the clouds like lightning, colliding with the sword Qi.

This collision caused another deafening boom. Just the terrifying sound alone had caused the ground to shake violently as if the entire Divine Kingdom of Pingtian was experiencing a great earthquake.

Not only did all the rocks in the ruined mountains turn to dust, but even large portions of the ground below collapsed, turning into dark abysses.

"Sword Immortal!" Jian Chen was surprised when he sensed the power of the sword Qi. The person who had produced the sword Qi had reached the third major realm of cultivation in the Way of the Sword, Sword Immortal!

Jian Chen subconsciously turned around and saw a dignified middle-aged man in dragon robes stride through the sky. He was clearly extremely far away, where even Jian Chen only managed to see an extremely blurry image of him. However, in the next moment, he took a single step and traversed the great distance, directly appearing before Jian Chen. He stared at the figure hidden within the demonic clouds coldly.

The middle-aged man was the divine king!

"Huai An, you've overstepped the boundary!" The divine king's hair fluttered in the wind as he stood before Jian Chen. He solemnly stared at Huai An, who was hidden in the clouds, as he gave off the presence of a ruler. The Laws of the Sword revolved around him.

"The divine king actually comprehends the Laws of the Sword!" Jian Chen was secretly surprised. He was taken aback. The Laws of the Sword were one of the laws that possessed the greatest offensive power. A Primordial realm expert who had comprehended the Laws of the Sword would definitely possess much greater prowess than Primordial realm experts who comprehended other laws.

Although Jian Chen had spent some time with the divine king, he did not know what kind of laws the divine king had comprehended.

Although the divine king had used the power of laws in the war against the Empyrean Demon Cult before, they were hazy, only presented in the form of pure power. He did not clearly demonstrate the type of law they were.

Only now did Jian Chen learn that the divine king was actually an expert who comprehended the Laws of the Sword!

"Haha, the Cloud Plane may be big, but I can go wherever I want. How can you say I've overstepped the boundary?" Huai An's voice rang out from within the demonic clouds. Then, he slowly emerged from them.

However, he was not alone. Behind him hovered three figures silently. From the presences they gave off, they had all reached Godking!

"Pingtian, I was expecting you to appear. However, do you really think you can keep the person that I want to deal with safe with your strength that has only recently reached the Primordial realm?" Huai An sneered. Then, he said to the three people behind him, "Go, bring me Jian Chen and that girl."

"Yes, sir!"

The three Godkings behind Huai An answered together. With a single movement, they flew towards Jian Chen and Kai Ya.

"Leave!" The divine king growled at Jian Chen. He waved his arm, and the laws of the Primordial realm descended. The resplendent sword Qi formed a huge chain that swept towards the three Godkings with terrifying might.

A Primordial realm expert's strike was absolutely frightening. Even though the three Godkings were not weak, all late Godkings, they were not supreme Godkings who had made it onto the Godkings' Throne.

As a result, they shivered when they faced the divine king's casual strike. The presence of death pressed towards them as if the world was ending.

Huai An appeared before the three of them as if he had teleported. He blocked the divine king's attack with composure and said, "Pingtian, our battle last time never ended. Why don't we continue it in outer space?"

With that, Huai An directly attacked the divine king regardless of his response.

Huai An's strike this time was on a completely different level compared to before. Before, he had struck out leisurely, without using laws from the Primordial realm. He had just condensed a hand out of demonic aura to use against Jian Chen.

This was because he knew the divine king would definitely protect Jian Chen secretly, so the strike before was only to draw him out. Huai An did this to prevent the divine king from dealing a sneak attack all of a sudden.

Now that the divine king had appeared, Huai An was fearless. He used his full strength right from the start.

The divine king was grim. Huai An's attack was just too powerful. If he blocked it, the shockwaves created would result in heavy damage to the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian. With no other choice, he could only fly up towards outer space.

Huai An looked at the divine king, and a cold smile appeared on his face. He also flew up, pursuing the divine king.

To another side, Jian Chen and Kai Ya were already fleeing as quickly as they could. The three Godkings pursued them closely.

As two late Overgods, it was naturally impossible for them to be faster than the two late Godkings. As a result, the distance between them shrank rapidly.

Jian Chen and Kai Ya did not flee towards the Tian Yuan clan. Instead, they travelled away from the clan, fleeing from the divine kingdom.

With the Tian Yuan clan's current strength, it was impossible for them to stop the three Godkings from the Empyrean Demon Cult. Even the Godking level formations would not be enough to stop three late Godkings. Even if Mu Ku was there, it would not work either.

As a result, they would only bring disaster to the clan if they returned.

Basically all of Jian Chen's power of the soul had been drained when he used the two strands of Profound Sword Qi. He was currently ingesting the Soul Recovery Pills he had purchased from the Xuandao Empire, so Kai Ya basically carried him as they fled.

However, Kai Ya once again demonstrated something that shocked Jian Chen. She used some kind of secret technique that allowed her to fuse with the surroundings and move with unbelievable speed. The three Godkings actually struggled to catch up to them over a short period of time.

"You can't run, so just give up obediently!" Behind them, one of the Godkings from the Empyrean Demon Cult called out. Terrifying, tremendous pressure poured from his body, and he formed a seal with his hand before suddenly extending a finger forwards.

The space ten kilometers away suddenly tremored, actually freezing up at that moment from the gesture.

Jian Chen and Kai Ya were in the region of frozen space. Immediately, they felt a mysterious power lock down on their bodies, making it feel like they had ended up in mud. Their movements became extraordinarily slow, while their speed plummeted as well.

Less than ten kilometers separated them, so now that Jian Chen and Kai Ya had slowed down, the three Godkings caught up instantly. They struck out at the same time, where two targeted Jian Chen while the remaining dealt with Kai Ya.

Immediately, tremendous, terrifying energy shook up the surroundings. Even though the three late Godkings were not as awe-inspiring as Primordial realm experts when they unleashed their might, their strength was still shocking.

Jian Chen bellowed out. He wielded the Startling Rainbow sword as his battle intent surged into the sky. He had already equipped the damaged armor he had taken back from the ancestor of the Mo family. The sword in his hand danced, and he produced two golden strands of sword Qi.

Even though the power of his soul still had not recovered in that short amount of time, making it impossible for him to use the Profound Sword Qi, he was still able to put up a fight.

Kai Ya moved on the other side as well. She was extremely grim as the power from the three types of laws revolved around her. As her hands danced, the three powers condensed into three swords and shot out.

The Godking who faced Kai Ya raised an eyebrow and was slightly surprised when he saw this. He murmured, "Hmm? These laws are slightly strange!" The Godking from the Empyrean Demon Cult had also noticed that the laws that Kai Ya used were slightly different.

However, he did not have too much time to think about it. Their attacks collided together viciously.

Spurt!

Kai Ya puked up blood as her body was knocked away like a broken kite.

The laws she used were rather different, and she had delivered a shocking attack with the three types of laws, but she was still just a late Overgod after all. The difference between her and a late Godking was too great.

It was so great that even the three laws she could use were not enough to make up for it.

At the same time, from just a single clash with the two Godkings, Jian Chen produced a bloody mist that contained most of his organs. He was also blown away like Kai Ya while the Startling Rainbow sword in his hand had dimmed. A slight crack had appeared on the guard of the sword as well, and it stretched across the entire sword.

Late Godkings were just too powerful. Moreover, they had struck out together as well, so even with the protection of the god artifact, Jian Chen struggled to endure it, becoming extremely injured.

Most importantly, only the surface of his god artifact had been repaired. As such, although it seemed to be in perfect condition, its defences as a god artifact could not be used at all.

Blood constantly spurted out of his mouth as Jian Chen flew backwards. Every single mouthful of blood contained pieces of his organs.

He was able to put up a fight and win against early Godkings, but he would not be able to fight back at all against late Godkings.

The difference between late and early Godking was just far too great.

At this moment, Kai Ya caught up to Jian Chen with a pale face and some residual blood at the corner of her lips. She grabbed him before gritting her teeth, fleeing into the distance without any hesitation.

"Hahaha, and you still want to run? If we really do let you two puny Overgods escape, will the three of us still have the face to remain in the Hall of Protectors?" The three Godkings laughed aloud behind as they looked at Kai Ya and Jian Chen like cats toying with their food.

Chapter 1973: Hunted Down by the Empyrean Demon Cult

Jian Chen coughed up a few mouthfuls of blood as he glanced at the three pursuing Godkings coldly. Then, he wrapped his left arm around Kai Ya's waist and formed a seal with his right hand, using the Linear Lightning Release.

Kai Ya immediately shuddered when Jian Chen wrapped his hand around her. She looked at Jian Chen with mixed emotions. In her memory, there had yet to be a man who had held her like that aside from her father.

Moreover, she felt an intense repulsion towards a man touching her so closely like that.

The repulsion rose up, growing stronger and stronger as if a voice constantly reminded her to resist. It had almost shaken her will, which would lead to her directly resisting Jian Chen.

However, Kai Ya was in no position to think. She felt her body suddenly sink, and the surroundings turned into a blur instantly. The scenery around her shot past as blurry streaks of light.

Jian Chen had already used the Linear Lightning Release. He and Kai Ya were surrounded by light as they turned into a bolt of lightning and shot off into the distance with unbelievable speed.

They were so fast that they could not be described as covering a thousand kilometers in a split second. Instead, it was ten thousand kilometers or even several tens of thousand kilometers.

The eyes of the three pursuing Godkings of the Empyrean Demon Cult narrowed all of a sudden. Jian Chen and Kai Ya were so quick that it stunned them.

Their speed had basically surpassed the limits of what the naked eye could see. Their movement could only be caught with the senses of the soul.

"Chase them! We can't let them escape!"

One of the Godkings bellowed out and immediately used a secret technique with the other two Godkings. Their speeds also skyrocketed all of a sudden, turning into three blurs as they chased.

Jian Chen's Linear Lightning Release was very fast, but the amount of time he could maintain it was far too short. They were unable to evade the senses of a Godking's soul in such a short amount of time.

As a result, even though Jian Chen and Kai Ya managed to flee to a point where the Godkings were no longer able to see them, they still remained in the area the Godkings' senses of the soul covered.

Over a hundred thousand kilometers away, the light around Jian Chen and Kai Ya slowly faded, and their terrifying speed brought on by the Linear Lightning Release vanished. The three Godkings had vanished behind them.

However, they knew that they still had not shaken off the three Godkings. As a matter of fact, they could even sense three extremely powerful presences rush over in the distance. They would be able to catch up in under a minute.

"Jian Chen, what do we do now?" Kai Ya broke free from Jian Chen's arm without showing any repulsion and said worriedly.

"Go-" Just when Jian Chen wanted to talk, he aggravated his wounds, so he experienced a violent fit of coughing. A few more mouthfuls of blood and organs spurted out from his mouth.

Even though he had only clashed once with the two Godkings, his opponents were late Godkings after all. Jian Chen suffered severe wounds from that. If it were not for his Chaotic Body, he would have collapsed long ago.

"Jian Chen, how are you? You better heal first. I'll carry you," Kai Ya said in concern.

Jian Chen shook his head. He silently circulated his Chaotic Force to heal as he wolfed down a handful of healing pills and several Soul Recovery Pills. Only then did he say with great difficultly and weakness, "You're not as fast as them. Right now, the only way we can travel is for me to use my sword technique. Only then do we have a chance at escaping. As long as we make it to the Divine Kingdom of Qingyang, we can shake them off. Let's go!" Jian Chen wrapped his left hand around Kai Ya once again while he formed a seal with his right hand, continuing to cast the Linear Lightning Release.

Faced with such desperate times, he could no longer care about the bodily contact between men and women. Escaping from the three Godkings was more important than anything.

Kai Ya's feelings became extremely mixed. She would experience severe repulsion when Jian Chen touched her like that.

However, when she thought about the danger the two of them faced today, she could only suppress this repulsion helplessly.

Swish!

As Kai Ya experienced mixed feelings, she and Jian Chen became surrounded with light once again. They shot off into the distance with lightning speed, covering several tens of thousand kilometers in a split second. They truly moved extremely quickly.

With their speed, even late Godkings would struggle to catch up. Even though the three Godkings had already used secret techniques, they were still unable to traverse several tens of thousand kilometers in a split second.

However, Jian Chen's Linear Lightning Release was not perfect either. He was unable to maintain it for long, unlike the three Godkings behind them who could maintain their greatest speed over prolonged periods.

As a result, every time Jian Chen stopped after using the Linear Lightning Release, the distance he had created from the Godkings would be covered once again.

This forced Jian Chen to use the Linear Lightning Release constantly.

Fortunately, his Chaotic Force was consumed extremely slowly. Moreover, he had never run out of energy during a battle due to it being overly drawn out after he began cultivating the Chaotic Body. Otherwise, he would probably run out of energy from just using the Linear Lightning Release repeatedly as a late Overgod.

The earth stretched into the distance, and the rivers and mountains rapidly receded. As the two parties fled and pursued, they left the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian very soon, entering the boundary of the Divine Kingdom of Qingyang.

As they fled, Jian Chen's wounds rapidly recovered thanks to the terrifying automatic regeneration of the Chaotic Body.

Even though he devoted all his efforts to fleeing, his wounds did not worsen at all. Instead, they gradually improved.

Kai Ya's wounds took an evident turn for the better after ingesting the healing pills as well.

Jian Chen did not slow down. After entering the Divine Kingdom of Qingyan, he quickly found his bearings and shot off with the Linear Lightning Release again.

Behind them, the three Godkings tailed closely. However, they maintained a distance of several tens of thousand kilometers throughout, unable to cover it.

Even though it seemed extremely distant, experts like them could cover such a distance in under ten seconds.

As a result, Jian Chen did not dare to relax.

Before long, Jian Chen arrived in a remote mountain range within the Divine Kingdom of Qingyang. He took Kai Ya to a hidden valley with great familiarity and directly sent a strand of sword Qi at a smooth rock face.

With a boom, the wall was destroyed, revealing a cave.

With a flash, Jian Chen entered the gloomy cave with Kai Ya. He made his way to the end of the cave as quickly as possible.

There laid a perfect teleportation formation on the ground.

At the same time, a terrifying pressure appeared, causing all the mountains to tremor.

Now that Jian Chen and Kai Ya had slowed down, the three Godkings caught up immediately. They moved extremely quickly, where they had even become visible on the horizon as black specks.

Jian Chen was grim. Immediately, he entered the teleportation formation with Kai Ya, and with a wave of his hand, he tossed out a few divine crystals to activate it. The two of them vanished silently under an intense white light.

However, just when they were about to be transported away, Jian Chen tossed out a fist-sized transparent crystal suddenly.

When he and Kai Ya had completely vanished, the crystal exploded loudly. Not only did it destroy the teleportation formation on the ground completely, but even the cave collapsed.

The three Godkings arrived before the collapsed cave with sunken faces.

"They've already fled through a teleportation formation, but the formation is not of a particularly high quality, so they can't be far. They shouldn't have escaped from the range of the senses of our souls yet," a Godking growled as demonic aura churned around him.

The three of them immediately expanded the senses of their soul as much as possible to search for the traces of Jian Chen and Kai Ya.

Jian Chen and Kai Ya had already appeared in an ancient mountain range within the Divine Kingdom of Datian.

A perfect teleportation formation laid there as well.

Jian Chen had cast down this teleportation formation after killing the three Overgods from the Empyrean Demon Cult personally. He created it as a path of retreat for the Tian Yuan clan.

However, he had never thought that the teleportation formations he cast down in the past would not be used by people from the Tian Yuan clan. Instead, it would serve as a path of survival for himself.

"I never thought there was such a well-hidden teleportation formation in the Divine Kingdom of Qingyang. Thank god for it, or it would have been almost impossible to escape from the three Godkings," Kai Ya patted her chest within the gloomy cave as she said in lingering fear. She looked at Jian Chen and asked, "Jian Chen, where are we right now? We should have escaped from the three Godkings, right?"

Jian Chen remained grim. He shook his head in response to Kai Ya and said, "We're currently in the Divine Kingdom of Datian. Although it's extremely distant from the Divine Kingdom of Qingyang, they're Godkings after all and late Godkings at that. Their senses of the soul are so powerful that they can engulf an entire divine kingdom without any effort. As a result, we still haven't escaped from the range of their senses with where we are right now."

However, when Jian Chen finished talking, their faces both changed. At that moment, they could clearly sense extremely powerful senses of the soul sweep over.

Just the pressure from the senses made them feel like they bore mountains on their backs.

"They've already found us. Let's keep teleporting. I'd like to see if the senses of late Godkings can extend from the Divine Kingdom of Qingyang to the Heavenly Moon Empire," Jian Chen said coldly. He pulled Kai Ya into the teleportation formation and activated it again, leaving the cave.

Like before, Jian Chen destroyed the teleportation in the Divine Kingdom of Datian when they left to prevent the three Godkings from using it.

As a result, the three Godkings could only slowly fly their way to the Heavenly Moon Empire if they wanted to catch them.

Although Godkings flew extremely quickly, where it would not take them very long at all to make it to the Heavenly Moon Empire, this was extremely valuable time to Jian Chen.

Chapter 1974: The Empress

The divine king was still engaged in an intense battle against Huai An in outer space. Sword Qi crisscrossed the space with surprising sword intent. Each strand of sword Qi was blinding, shooting off like galaxies with devastating power.

The divine king was a Primordial realm expert, and his Laws of the Sword had reached Sword Immortal. Sword Qi permeated his surroundings, revolving around him like countless illusionary swords.

Right now, he seemed like an immortal of the sword. It was like he possesses a certain ethereal lightness.

On the other side, Huai An churned with demonic aura. His Laws of Darkness swallowed all light, causing the celestial bodies to dim. It clashed time and time again with the divine king's Laws of the Sword.

The two of them seemed to be locked in an extremely intense battle, but they did not try to claim each other lives in reality. However, even with that being the case, the battle was still devastating. It caused space to distort and turned it into a mess.

They kept each other busy so that neither of them would have the energy to worry about Jian Chen.

The divine king had already reached the limits of what he could do. He was no longer able to do anything about the three Godkings who chased Jian Chen.

Right now, the heritage of the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian was simply far too shallow. Even though they possessed a Primordial realm expert, they only possessed a single Godking, the Grand Imperial Protector.

Moreover, the Grand Imperial Protector was only an early Godking. He was completely useless to the dangers that Jian Chen faced.

Through the teleportation formation, Jian Chen had successfully arrived in the Heavenly Moon Empire now. After destroying the teleportation formation in the Heavenly Moon Empire, he and Kai Ya shot towards the imperial capital with lightning speed.

Along the way, Jian Chen swallowed a few more healing pills. Coupled with the regeneration of his Chaotic Body, he recovered as quickly as possible.

Kai Ya also wolfed down pills to heal as she fled as quickly as she could with Jian Chen.

"Jian Chen, where are we going next?" Kai Ya asked. After coming to the Saints' World, this was the first time she had left the Dong'an province. Moreover, three experts were hunting her down, so she completely had no idea because she was unfamiliar with the Saints' World.

After some thought, Jian Chen replied, "The Empyrean Demon Cult has their eyes on us now. We definitely can't return to the Tian Yuan clan, so we can only flee to further places so that we can completely shake them off."

"Our greatest enemy is not the three Godkings, but one of the three vice-leaders of the Empyrean Demon Cult, Huai An. Although Huai An is busy with the divine king, that won't last for too long. As a result, we need to find a way to escape from Huai An."

With that, the light in Jian Chen's eyes flickered. He furrowed his brows in thought for a while before making up his mind. He said, "Let's go to the Blood Sun Empire!"

Before long, Jian Chen and Kai Ya arrived in the imperial capital of the Heavenly Moon Empire. Without even spending a second longer there than necessary, they paid quite a hefty price and were teleported away to the Blood Sun Empire.

The Blood Sun Empire was the ruler of the southern region. Their status was supreme, and their authority in the southern region was equivalent to the Xi Empire's authority in the northern region. They were the ultimate existence.

Currently, Huai An targeted Jian Chen, so if there were any places that a Primordial realm expert like Huai An would fear, there would only be the eternal Blood Sun Empire.

At the same time, in the imperial palace of the Xi Empire, a beautiful but troubled woman who seemed to be in her twenties sat within a pavilion in the imperial gardens. She stared at the embroidered box she had placed on the stone table there and sighed constantly.

This woman was princess Tai'an of the Xi Empire.

"Sigh, it has already been so long, and I've yet to complete Jian Chen's request. W- what do I do?" Princess Tai'an murmured. She stared at the box on the table remotely as worry filled her face.

"It's all my fault. I didn't think too much of it when I agreed to Jian Chen's request. I thought it would be a piece of cake, where I could complete it easily. I never thought it would actually be so difficult now that I've tried it. I probably can't even take out the box in front of aunt with her temperament, while I've never found a chance to give it to uncle," the princess supported her chin with her hands as she sat in the garden, sighing powerlessly.

Now, the box had basically become something that burdened her heart. After all, she had agreed to Jian Chen's request in the past. If she did not give the box to the empress or the emperor, she would not be able to find any ease.

"Hmm? Sister Tai'an, what're you doing here all by yourself? And why are you staring at this box in a daze? What's in the box?" At this moment, a rather mischievous giggle rang out from behind the princess.

An eccentric girl who seemed to be fifteen or sixteen years in age stood behind princess Tai'an in imperial robes. She smiled faintly, and her bright eyes moved about, filled with energy and mischief.

Then, she arrived on the other side of the stone table in a flash and picked up the box. She giggled, "Sister Tai'an, is the item in here a gift for Bing'er? Bing'er is rather eager to see what it is." As she said that, the girl called Bing'er opened the box without any hesitation at all.

"Bing'er, do not. That belongs to someone else," princess Tai'an spoke out, but she was already too late to stop her. Bing'er had already opened the box.

There were no priceless treasures within the box. It only held an extremely simple jade pendant.

Bing'er was surprised as she looked at the object in the box. Her curiosity instantly turned into great disappointment. She picked up the jade pendant and glanced at it very casually before pouting, "What is this? Why is such a simple jade pendant stored in such a great box? So much for getting me to think that it was something good."

"Bing'er, don't you know how to behave?" Princess Tai'an frowned and lectured Bing'er unhappily. Even though she was stern, there was a sliver of adoration for Bing'er in her eyes.

As she said that, princess Tai'an snatched the jade pendant from Bing'er's hand. She could not help but study it herself.

She had always been extremely curious about what the box held as well.

After all, Jian Chen had stressed that it was a gift she had to give to the empress or the emperor personally. Evidently, the item inside would be extremely important.

However, when princess Tai'an looked at the jade pendant in her hand, she felt extremely doubtful and confused.

She could tell that the jade pendant was nothing precious. It was made from extremely simple materials, and it would not raise any attention if it was just laid down somewhere in the imperial palace.

The only thing that did catch some attention was the extremely exquisite and beautiful patterning on the jade pendant. However, the two words 'Xi Yu' carved on there perplexed the princess slightly.

"So this is the item that Jian Chen needed me to give to uncle or aunt personally?" Princess Tai'an became covered in cold sweat from shock. At that moment, she felt extremely fortunate that Bing'er had opened the box, allowing her to know what it held.

Otherwise, it would have been humiliating if she had really given such a simple jade pendant to her aunt or uncle.

Even if her aunt or uncle did not take offence, she would be completely embarrassed.

"Xian'er!" At this moment, a somewhat dignified voice rang out. The graceful empress appeared within the imperial gardens and slowly made her way towards princess Tai'an.

"Ah! Aunt!" Princess Tai'an was taken aback. She turned around to glance at the empress who slowly made her way over before she thought about the opened box on the stone table. Immediately, she felt rather flustered.

However, she seemed to fail to realise that the jade pendant from the box was still in her hand.

"Bing'er greets the empress!" The girl called Bing'er stopped acting mischievously and bowed towards the empress politely.

Before the empress, she was unable to behave as naturally as princess Tai'an. She was extremely nervous.

The empress looked at princess Tai'an gently. Just when she was about to say something, she suddenly saw the jade pendant in the princess' hand.

The empress abruptly quivered, and her face changed all of a sudden as well. Her beautiful, phoenix-like eyes seemed to freeze up as they became fixed on the jade pendant in princess Tai'an hands.

Chapter 1975: The Ninth Prince's Arrival

In the next moment, the empress moved slightly and appeared before princess Tai'an like she had teleported. Before the princess could return to her senses, the empress had grabbed the jade pendant from the princess' hand and studied it carefully.

Even though the pendant was made from something extremely simple, the exquisite carvings on it made the empress' cold heart beat heavily.

In particular, when she saw the two words 'Xi Yu' engraved on the pendant, her hand that held it began to shake involuntarily.

She could not be more familiar with the pendant. As a matter of fact, the appearance of the pendant—the exquisite carvings and the engraved words—had already formed a brand that was stamped deeply into her soul. She would never forget it in her life.

This was because when she and Xi Ziyun had been hunted down by enemies and were forced to abandon their daughter, they had left a jade pendant exactly like this one with her. They did this so that they would be able to identify her in the future.

Even though the material was different, everything else was the same as the pendant she had left behind in the past. It was exactly the same.

"Xian'er, w- w- where did you get this jade pendant?" Tears shone in the empress' eyes as her trembling voice was filled with urgency. There was raw excitement in there that anyone could detect.

In that moment, the empress' immovable heart seemed to explode like a volcano. Her feelings churned violently as she struggled to remain calm.

For all these years, she and the Xi Emperor had been deeply concerned, basically thinking about their daughter at all times. They had even sent people to search for her secretly during these two millennia, but they received no news at all. As time went on, their missing daughter basically turned into anxiety for the couple, making them experience eternal pain.

This was because they had failed to find any leads in these two thousand years. In a brutal world where power was everything, the two of them had no idea whether their daughter was still alive or not.

However, now that the empress who had almost become despaired suddenly saw a jade pendant similar to the one she had left with her daughter, the flames of hope were reignited.

She had suddenly found a lead regarding the daughter she had lost for two thousand years. This great surprise left the empress overjoyed.

Princess Tai'an stared at her emotional aunt in a daze. She felt very confused. She simply could not understand how a simple jade pendant could make her cold aunt react with such intensity.

As for Bing'er, she had become completely stunned. She stared at the empress blankly as shock filled her face.

In that moment, she even began to suspect that the empress she saw was an imposter.

This was because in her memory, the empress was cold and proud, making her unapproachable. She would treat everyone icily, and she would only be amiable when she saw sister Tai'an.

Yet now, she actually saw tears in the empress' eyes and joy on the empress' face. This was very unbelievable for Bing'er.

Even though princess Tai'an was very confused, she still asked, "Aunt, do you remember the supreme Overgod I mentioned to you before? That supreme Overgod gave me the box, and he got me to deliver it to you or uncle personally. The jade pendant was the only thing in the box."

"What? The jade pendant was actually the item in the box?" Regret filled the empress' face. Naturally, she could remember the matter with the box.

Originally, she did not care about the gift of an Overgod at all, but she had never thought that the item inside would connect her to the daughter she had lost over two thousand years ago.

"No, I have to tell Ziyun something this important." The empress vanished, leaving behind the confused princess Tai'an and Bing'er standing in the garden.

In a majestic courtroom, the Xi Emperor in dragon robes currently sat on the emperor's throne as he managed the affairs of the empire. Below him stood many subjects and officials. They all showed respect.

"Ziyun, Ziyun..." At this moment, the empress' voice rang out. She held the jade pendant in her hand as she shot over as a blur, attracting the attention of all the officials.

"Xuan'er, why are you so flustered?" The Xi Emperor looked at the empress in confusion from his throne.

"Ziyun, look," the empress directly passed the pendant to the emperor after arriving before him.

When the Xi Emperor saw the jade pendant, his eyes suddenly narrowed. He shot up from his throne as his terrifying presence erupted from his body without control. Like a turbulent wave, it wreaked havoc in the courtroom, forcing back all the officials and subjects.

"Where did this jade pendant come from?" The Xi Emperor asked in both an excited and trembling voice.

He was the mighty Xi Emperor, yet he struggled to control his emotions at this moment.

The empress explained the origins of the jade pendant in a few short sentences.

"Let's go. Let's go see Xian'er." After learning where the jade pendant came from, the Xi Emperor was even more hurried than the empress. He did not even bother to conclude the meeting of officials and directly disappeared from the courtroom with the empress, leaving behind the officials to look at one another.

Princess Tai'an and Bing'er remained stunned in the imperial gardens. Clearly, they still had not returned to their senses.

At this moment, there was a flash, and the dignified Xi Emperor and the empress appeared beside princess Tai'an like they had teleported.

"Xian'er, where is the Jian Chen who gave you the jade pendant?" The Xi Emperor asked directly. His face was filled with a sense of urgency.

"Ah, uncle!" Only now did the princess return to her senses. She looked at the Xi Emperor that had suddenly appeared before her and was stunned once again. However, she responded very quickly, "Uncle, aunt, when Jian Chen gave me the jade talisman, he was still in the Xuandao Empire. I am uncertain as to where he is right now."

"Let's go. To the Xuandao Empire!" The Xi Emperor moved swiftly, immediately leaving the Xi Empire with princess Tai'an and the empress to go to the Xuandao Empire.

The Xi Emperor's group was naturally fairly impressive since he was leaving the empire. Two Primordial realm subjects followed him along.

After finding a lead on his daughter, the Xi Emperor was clearly nervous from worry. He had gone as far as to move personally, using his supreme cultivation as a Chaotic Prime to hurry everyone along. He basically tread through worlds, where they would flash past with each step. In just five or six steps, he had covered a tremendous distance and directly arrived above the imperial capital of the Xuandao Empire.

The personal arrival of the Xi Emperor shocked the entire Xuandao Empire. All the Primordial realm experts in the empire emerged from seclusion, welcoming him politely.

Aside from Tian Shuang, there were two ruddy old men among the Primordial realm experts of the Xuandao Empire. They currently bowed towards the Xi Emperor as they felt uneasy inside.

In the past few years, the Xi Emperor had made a name for himself from all the killing he did, so the Xi Emperor's arrival had unsettled the three Primordial realm experts. They all recalled the past to see whether they had actually taken part in the hunt or not.

"Is Jian Chen in your Xuandao Empire?"

However, to the three Primordial realm expert's surprise, the Xi Emperor asked for a person called Jian Chen right from the start.

The two ruddy old men become doubtful when they heard the name.

A gleam of light flickered through Tian Shuang's eyes, and she said after some thought, "Xi Emperor, Jian Chen has already left our Xuandao Empire. If I recall correctly, he should be in a place called the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian in the southern region."

"The southern region, the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian..." The Xi Emperor murmured before clasping his hands at Tian Shuang in gratitude. Immediately, he set off for the southern region with everyone.

The Xi Emperor did not take a teleportation formation. With his cultivation as a Chaotic Prime, he would even be faster than a teleportation formation if he moved through the Cloud Plane by himself.

...

Several figures flew through the sky with lightning speed above the Dong'an province of the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian, directly flying into the provincial city and stopping above the Tian Yuan clan.

The person at the front seemed to be in his forties. He wore violet and gold robes, and he seemed rather dignified. He looked at the Tian Yuan clan from above coldly.

This middle-aged man was the ninth prince of the eternal Blood Sun Empire!

According to the information the ancestor of the Earth Spirit sect provided, he had directly come to the Tian Yuan clan.

"Ninth prince, the Tian Yuan clan is only a small clan. Are they really connected to the loss of the Flower of Ways?" A Godking asked carefully from behind the ninth prince.

The ninth prince hovered in the air and stared at the Tian Yuan clan emotionlessly. He said, "The person from the Earth Spirit sect told me anonymously through the jade slip that several decades ago, Jian Chen assisted the soul of a Primordial realm expert to obtain a few things Duanmu left behind in his dwelling, which also allowed her to recover her body. At that time, the Primordial realm expert was only an Overgod after recovering her body."

"And recently, Jian Chen caught the eyes of the commander of the seventh army from the Empyrean Demon Cult, Yaxi Lian. A Primordial realm expert saved him in the end and even Yaxi Lian was captured. It's extremely likely that this Primordial realm expert is the one who had recovered her body under Jian Chen's help in Godking Duanmu's dwelling."

The ninth prince stood with his arms crossed and said slowly, "Even if a soul that has newly forged a body was once a Primordial realm expert, it's impossible for them to recover so rapidly, unless they use extremely precious heavenly resources."

"The Flower of Ways just happens to be an extremely precious heavenly resource. As a result, I can basically conclude that the person who stole the Flower of Ways is the Primordial realm expert behind Jian Chen."

With that, the ninth prince's face darkened and killing intent appeared in his eyes. He had already realised that the Flower of Ways had probably already been ingested, but he needed to make someone pay.

This was because without the Flower of Ways, it would take him forever to reach the Primordial realm. Even with his extraordinary talent, overcoming the bottleneck between Godhood and the Primordial realm was still difficult.

The ninth prince became more furious the more he thought about it. In the end, it transformed into raging killing intent, and he directly hurled at punch at the Tian Yuan clan.

Boom!

The entire provincial city rumbled loudly, and the Godking level formation that had been recently cast down over the Tian Yuan clan completely collapsed from the ninth prince's punch.

The formation was only enough to stop attacks from early Godkings, while the ninth prince had already reached the peak of Godking. He was preparing to break through to the Primordial realm. It was impossible for the formation to stop him.

Chapter 1976: Exposed

With the destruction of the formation, the Tian Yuan clan was clearly exposed.

However, the Tian Yuan clan was no longer in perfect condition. The ninth prince's attack was simply too powerful. Not only did it destroy the formation, but the powerful shockwaves of energy had also destroyed a third of the clan. It was a mess as far as the eye could see.

If it were not for the protective formation that blocked most of the ninth prince's attack, probably the entire Tian Yuan clan would have been devastated by the ninth prince.

However, even with that being the case, many of the weaker servants and guards in the Tian Yuan clan were affected by the shockwave and became heavily injured.

The sudden occurrence had thrown the entire Tian Yuan clan into a mess. Many people ran about frantically. They all paled when they saw how the Godking level formation had already collapsed.

Xi Yu, Mo Ling, Ando Fu, and the other elders currently gathered together as they stared at the sky sternly.

Even Sacredfeather, Rui Jin, Hong Lian, Hei Yu, and the people from the World of Forsaken Saints emerged from the forbidden grounds. Seeing the ruined formations in the surroundings, they became extremely grim.

They all knew that the protective formation around the Tian Yuan clan was at the level of Godkings. There was both a trapping and killing formation there, so in the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian, it could be regarded as extremely powerful.

Yet, when they saw the tough formation shatter without any prior signs, they realised just how powerful the offender was.

"May I ask how our Tian Yuan clan has offended the seniors, where the seniors have to shatter our protective formation," Xi Yu said coldly from the Tian Yuan clan as she stared at the ninth prince's group.

Sacredfeather arrived beside Xi Yu as well. He stared at the people in the sky emotionlessly as a vicious light shone through his sharp gaze.

The other elders of the Tian Yuan clan stood behind Xi Yu and Sacredfeather. They were the only two Overgods left in the Tian Yuan clan now.

The face of a Godking behind the ninth prince immediately sank when he heard Xi Yu's cold questioning. He called out, "How dare you! Do you know who you're talking to? This is the ninth prince of the Blood Sun Empire. Why don't you kneel in greeting now that the ninth prince is here?"

The expressions of all the people in the Tian Yuan clan changed when they heard that. They could not help but look at each other. Many of them felt doubtful. They had no idea when the Tian Yuan clan had offended the ninth prince of the Blood Sun Empire.

Xi Yu's heart sank all of a sudden. The ninth prince had come with ill intentions, which made her feel that something bad was going to happen. Offending the Blood Sun Empire would result in consequences that were even worse than offending the Empyrean Demon Cult.

The Blood Sun Empire was the ruler of the southern region, possessing a supreme status there. Before it, even the ancient empires with rich heritages like the Heavenly Moon Empire had to behave submissively.

"Which one of you is patriarch Jian Chen?" The ninth prince asked with a sunken face. His voice was icy cold.

"Your highness, very unfortunately, the patriarch is not in the clan right now," Xi Yu responded emotionlessly with a clasped fist.

"Not here?" A vicious light flickered through the ninth prince's eyes. Just when he wanted to say something, his face changed suddenly, and his eyes instantly became filled with heavy, cold killing intent. Raising his hand, terrifying energy gathered, instantly condensing into a huge hand that fell onto the forbidden grounds of the Tian Yuan clan.

Boom!

The ground shook violently. The ninth prince had directly used his energy hand to wrench out a secret room hidden beneath the forbidden grounds.

The tough room shattered in the ninth prince's hands.

This room was where Nubis cultivated in seclusion.

With the secret room destroyed, Nubis naturally fell out. At the same time, a Golden-striped Silver Snake that was several thousand meters in length but only as thick as a wrist appeared as well.

The Golden-striped Silver Snake had lost all its presence of life, and most of its vital essence was gone as well. Consequently, it appeared to be slightly shriveled now.

When the Godkings who had come with the ninth prince saw the corpse of the snake, their faces all changed. Killing intent surged from all of them uncontrollably.

"No wonder we couldn't find Jin Mang's corpse in the Yin Mountains of Sevens Despair. You've brought him here..."

"The loss of the Flower of Ways is indeed related to your Tian Yuan clan..."

"The Tian Yuan clan sure is bold to even eye the items of the ninth prince. Such crimes are so great that even destroying the entire clan won't be enough..."

The Godkings behind the ninth prince all spoke out coldly as they gave off killing intent. They were tempted to destroy the Tian Yuan clan instantly.

As for the ninth prince, his face became extremely sunken when he stared at the corpse of the Golden-striped Silver Snake. He had already become furious as killing intent built up inside.

If he doubted Jian Chen a little before, he was extremely confident about his guess now that he had seen the corpse of the snake.

Nubis stood up from the ground in a disheveled manner. He was slightly confused, but soon afterwards, he heard the furious shouts of the Godkings, allowing him to understand what had happened. His face immediately became ugly.

Suddenly, a terrifying pressure appeared. A Godking behind the ninth prince arrived before Nubis instantly and gripped his throat tightly. The light in the Godking's eyes shone viciously as killing intent surged. He said frigidly, "How dare you absorb Jin Mang's essence? Jin Mang serves the ninth prince, yet you've treated his corpse like this. I will let you come begging to me for death."

As he said that, the Godking's hand clamped down. With a crisp crack, Nubis' neck was reduced to pieces.

Even though Nubis had risen from being a God to early Overgod after absorbing some of the essence from Jin Mang, he was still extremely puny before a Godking. He was unable to put up any resistance at all.

Afterwards, the Godking grabbed the top of Nubis' head in an attempt to forcefully draw his soul from his body.

Nubis' eyes dilated. He watched the Godking's hand approach him as regret filled his eyes. He resisted with his full strength, but due to the huge difference in strength, it was a futile effort.

"Will I, the great Nubis, die just like this? No, I refuse. I refuse. I've only just come to the Saints' World. I've yet to see all the scenery the Saints' World has to offer. I still haven't reached the limit of my cultivation path," Nubis roared out inside. Before the threat of life and death, his instincts for survival stimulated all his potential.

At that moment, the blood in his body flowed hundreds of times faster than usual. On his face, his arms, and every inch of his body, the blood vessels that were hidden underneath his skin bulged as a faint golden light flowed in there.

At this moment, Nubis could clearly feel the power of his bloodline rapidly strengthen, making him feel like energy surged through his entire body.

However, it was still not enough to change the situation. Even after his bloodline had strengthened, and his battle prowess had increased, it was still not enough for him to escape from a Godking.

After all, he was only an early Overgod right now.

However, at that moment, Sacredfeather struck out. He instantly reverted to his original form, and a huge, white tiger hovered in the sky. It possessed two wings and was glorious.

Chapter 1977: Xi Yu's Rage

Extremely strong killing intent condensed on Sacredfeather, along with the Force of Slaughter. He raised his two wings high, and they fused into a blade. It slashed out with the killing intent from Sacredfeather.

Sacredfeather struck out with his full strength against the Godking. All his strength surged out without holding back anything. His presence was overwhelming.

Even though he was only an early Overgod, he was a Sacredfeather Tiger Emperor. His bloodline was extremely powerful. Coupled with the Way of Slaughter he had comprehended, his strike was extremely powerful. It had surpassed the amount of strength he should have been able to use right now.

The Godking who grabbed Nubis by the neck and was just about to wrench out his soul in a brutal method sneered disdainfully when he sensed Sacredfeather's attack. He scorned, "An ant dares to stand up against a tiger? Die." With that, the Godking's hand that had originally reached towards Nubis' head suddenly extended towards Sacredfeather's wings.

Sacredfeather had condensed all his power into his wings. The power of the Ways of Slaughter had been condensed there as well. However, when his full-powered attack came in contact with the Godking's hand, it was gripped tightly. The power within was unable to harm his opponent at all.

"It's actually the Ways of Slaughter. Impressive, the laws you've comprehended are very powerful. Unfortunately, your cultivation is just too weak," the Godking said coldly. He looked at Sacredfeather coldly, and his hand tremored. An energy that was devastating to Overgods struck Sacredfeather mercilessly.

A bloody mist spurted out from Sacredfeather's mouth as he was knocked away powerlessly. His wings constantly cracked as white feathers floated in the sky.

Sacredfeather's wings collapsed powerlessly. Not only did they turn red from the blood, but even his body had been dyed red.

A Godking's strike was powerful. Although Sacredfeather's bloodline was powerful, it was unable to make up for the huge difference in strength between an Overgod and a Godking. Just a single attack had rendered him heavily injured.

"Sacredfeather!"

Rui Jin, Hong Lian, and Hei Yu all called out. They arrived before Sacredfeather with a single step. Worry filled their faces as they immediately fed healing pills to Sacredfeather.

"Hmph, has his highness allowed you to save him?" A Godking behind the ninth prince said coldly. He gently closed his hand, and the space around the three of them immediately froze up.

This Godking had comprehended the Laws of Space. He could trap a whole region of space with a single thought.

Rui Jin, Hong Lian, and Hei Yu were all immobilized. Before a Godking who had comprehended the Laws of Space, they did not even have the power to blink.

A pained grunt rang out. The Godking who held Nubis by the neck had already pressed his right hand onto Nubis' head. His face was extremely vicious as he formed a claw with his fingers. They had already dug into Nubis' skin, slowly penetrating his skull.

Blood that shone with golden light flowed from the top of Nubis' head, dripping down his face.

The Godking's hand slowly approached Nubis' soul.

Even though Nubis' bloodline had evolved and strengthened through his great unwillingness to die, it could only become as powerful as the bloodline of Sacredfeather Tiger Emperors at most. Even Sacredfeather was unable to withstand a single attack from a Godking, let alone him.

Even though the people in the Tian Yuan clan were furious when they saw Nubis' situation, they really did not have anything that they could use to fend off a Godking.

At that moment, helplessness filled all of them.

This made Xi Yu absolutely furious. Rage filled her inside. Just as the Godking was about to touch Nubis' soul, resolution suddenly appeared in her eyes. She ignored her personal safety and struck out fearlessly with determination.

Jian Chen had granted her a fortune out of kindness. Now that the Tian Yuan clan faced a disaster and the life of Jian Chen's friend, Nubis, was in danger, she could not just stand by and watch this tragedy unfold as if she was unconcerned about the matter.

Xi Yu wielded a sword that shone beautifully. She fused with it and slashed at the arm of the Godking.

"Hmph, the Tian Yuan clan sure has quite a few people who overestimate themselves," the Godking who held Nubis sneered. He turned around to look at Xi Yu and blew out a mouthful of air.

Whoosh!

With that, a huge gale immediately appeared. Terrifying energy surged out from the Godking's mouth, striking Xi Yu with terrifying might.

Xi Yu came to a halt, but that was not all. Before the storm of energy, she could not help but retreat.

"Tell me, where is Jian Chen? If you don't I'll kill the four of them first," the Godking who controlled the Laws of Space said coldly. As his hand gradually tightened, the space around Rui Jin and the others creaked audibly. Under the Godking's control, the space there had visibly compressed.

Rui Jin, Hong Lian, and Hei Yu, who were trapped in the space there, were compressed as well. Their clothes pressed tightly against their bodies as they resisted the compression. The pressure from all directions had made their bodies shrink visibly. Under the tremendous pressure, blood oozed from the pores of their bodies, dyeing their clothes red.

If this continued, the three of them would burst to death.

However, the three of them were unable to do anything about it.

"No, it shouldn't just be the four of them. It should include these people as well," the Godking who controlled the Laws of Space said inattentively. He gently extended a hand towards the upper echelon of the Tian Yuan clan.

Instantly, the space behind Xi Yu froze as well. All the important members of the Tian Yuan clan had been trapped in space.

Among them included the ancestor of the previous Mo clan, Mo Ling, Xi Yu's foster father, and even Mo Yan.

The entire Tian Yuan clan had become speechless. The arrival of the ninth prince and his people were like the shade of death, looming over the clan.

"Argh!" Xi Yu's body trembled at this sight. Suddenly, she bellowed out, and flames expanded from her body. The flames did not give off any heat, but with the appearance of them, her presence actually skyrocketed. It surpassed early Overgod very soon and reached a higher level.

However, even though Xi Yu's presence rose, and she had become stronger, her vitality weakened at a visible rate. Her long, black hair paled rapidly, becoming grey, and then snow-white.

The situation of the Tian Yuan clan had stimulated Xi Yu greatly, to the point where she would even go as far as to burn her own life and soul for greater strength.

Currently, flames burned around Xi Yu as her snow-white hair danced. She gave off an extremely terrifying presence.

Chapter 1978: The Xi Emperor's Daughter (One)

Xi Yu looked at the ninth prince with unconcealable rage and resentment. The ninth prince had brought on all of the disasters that the Tian Yuan clan faced today.

"Ninth prince, I want to kill you!" Xi Yu roared out furiously. She fused with her sword and stabbed at the ninth prince as hard as she could with the power she had gained from burning her vitality.

The sword shone, illuminated the entire city. The attack was like a comet through the sky, shining with great resplendence. It bore the color of life burning away as it moved out like it was unstoppable. It possessed Xi Yu's determination to kill.

Seeing how Xi Yu attacked the ninth prince, the Godkings who had come with the ninth prince were all slightly stunned before revealing strange smiles. Scorn and disdain filled their smiles.

The ninth prince was not like those wastrels from other large organisations, who only relied on their statuses to have their way, while their own strength was weak. He was not the type to put on a strong front to hide his weakness.

In reality, the ninth prince was the most powerful and most terrifying person among them. He had reached the peak of Godking and was already making preparations for his breakthrough to the Primordial realm.

Before an expert like that, even if a Godking burned their life and soul, they would not be able to injure him, let alone a puny Overgod.

The ninth prince looked at Xi Yu coldly as if he was a great lord looking at an ant. He did not make any unnecessary actions in response to the strike that Xi Yu had put her life into. He only waved his hand gently like it was nothing, remaining composed.

Immediately, the surroundings changed. The ninth prince's seemingly unserious movement possessed overwhelming power. At that moment, he was like the ruler of the world, where he could destroy the entire place with a simple raise of his hand.

Before Xi Yu could even approach the ninth prince, she sensed an irresistible force surge over. Before it, she felt like she was a tiny boat in the great ocean, so insignificant and fragile.

Crack!

The sword in Xi Yu's hand directly shattered when it came in contact with the force from the ninth prince. It turned into countless shards as a terrifying force passed through her arm, ramming into her body heavily.

Spurt! Xi Yu puked out a mouthful of blood and organs that sprayed into the sky. It dyed the entire place red.

Xi Yu was blown away like a broken kite.

As she was knocked back, her right hand that held her sword had already turned into a bloody mess, where even her bones had turned to dust. Afterwards, her entire right arm actually fell apart rapidly in the air. It vanished bit by bit.

A short while later, Xi Yu's right arm had completely vanished, only leaving a bloody pile behind.

Xi Yu was knocked very far away. She only struck the ground heavily after slamming into the spatial barrier that trapped the important members of the Tian Yuan clan. Blood constantly spurted from her mouth.

Her presence completely dipped at that moment. It withered away. She was now at death's door.

Behind her, the hair on Xi Yu's foster father, Mo Xingfeng, had already become snow-white. He stared at Xi Yu, who had collapsed on the ground, as his eyes were completely bloodshot. They were filled with grief.

Although Xi Yu was not his true daughter, he had still raised her from a young age after all. They were so close that they were like true father and daughter.

However, the Godking who used the Laws of Space had completely trapped him there, utterly immobilized. There was nothing he could do at this moment.

A pained voice rang out, and Nubis' skull had already been punctured. The Godking had forcefully extracted his soul.

At the same time, the spatial compression around Rui Jin, Hong Lian, and Hei Yu had already reached their limits. They bled from all their facial orifices while the bones across their bodies cracked audibly. Only Sacredfeather continued to endure the pressure painfully.

The three of them gritted their teeth and endured with their great willpower. They used all their strength to summon the origin energy armor they had brought up from the lower world. However, it was still useless. The armor instantly became covered with cracks under the compression of space before shattering into pieces.

The ninth prince watched this happen coldly. He said, "I'll give you three seconds. Contact your patriarch and tell him to return, or tell me who the Primordial realm expert behind Jian Chen is and where she is. I can give you a quick death if you do that. Or..." The ninth prince glanced across the people of the Tian Yuan clan coldly, and he said with killing intent, "I'll make you come begging for death."

Xi Yu raised her head and stared at the ninth prince in resentment. She said weakly, "If you want to kill us, then kill us. We will never contact the patriarch. However, I can guarantee you that if you destroy our Tian Yuan clan, our patriarch will destroy your entire empire in revenge in the future." Xi Yu spoke stubbornly, choosing to die rather than to yield.

The ninth prince's gaze turned cold. He extended a hand and brought Xi Yu over. He gripped her neck as he held her in the air and said, "You sure have some pride. However, there are always times where the prouder a person is, the more miserable their outcome is." The ninth prince glanced behind him and said, "Mo Yan, aren't you the most skilled in methods of harvesting yin to replenish your yang? I'll grant this woman to you right now. Treat her well." With that, the ninth prince directly tossed Xi Yu over.

Behind the ninth prince, there were still two other Godkings who did not take part in the battle. When they saw the ninth prince toss Xi Yu over, a nefarious light immediately flickered through the eyes of one of them. He picked up Xi Yu with his arms, and he snickered, "Your highness is wise. To kill such a beautiful woman would be quite a pity. I'll follow your highness' orders and treat this woman well."

"D- don't you dare!" Xi Yu's face changed when she heard their conversation. Determination filled her eyes as she wanted to blow herself up.

However, Mo Yan only pointed at Xi Yu gently and sealed up all her cultivation, severing her thoughts of blowing herself up. Then, he sniggered, "Little beauty, you can't die so soon. You've cultivated for all these years, but you must not have enjoyed the feeling of being loved by a man, right? But don't worry, it'll happen very soon. You'll understand the joys of being loved by a man. You'll never forget the lovely feeling. Hahahahaha." With that, Mo Yan began to gently strip away Xi Yu's bloodied clothes before everyone.

He did not move quickly. Instead, it was extremely slow. The nefarious light in his eyes shone brighter and brighter.

This sight utterly enraged all the people of the Tian Yuan clan.

However, they were all powerless against the ninth prince and his Godkings. They could not even protect themselves.

However, the space a thousand meters above the Tian Yuan clan suddenly rippled like water.

With the rippling, a few people appeared in the empty space.

Chapter 1979: The Xi Emperor's Daughter (Two)

At the very front of the group was a middle-aged man. He wore dragon robes while his resolute face gave off an undeniable sense of dignity. Even though his presence was completely concealed, he seemed to be treading on top of the world as he appeared.

Behind the middle-aged man were two women. One seemed to be in her thirties. She was graceful and charming, and she also possessed a sense of dignity. However, worry and excitement filled her face.

The other woman only seemed to be in her twenties. She was beautiful and gave off a noble presence as if she led a luxurious life. People could tell that she possessed an extraordinary birth with just a single glance.

Behind them were two ruddy old men. They concealed their presences such that no one was able to sense their existence, much less see through their cultivation.

The group consisted of the Xi Emperor and the others who had hurried over a tremendous distance from the northern region.

As soon as they arrived in the air above the Tian Yuan clan, the Xi Emperor and the empress looked down.

Although many people had gathered in the Tian Yuan clan today, both of them were Primordial realm experts, and the Xi Emperor had even reached Chaotic Prime. As a result, as soon as they arrived, there was a calling of their bloodline that clearly appeared in their hearts. The couple's feelings surged from the calling, and following it, their eyes locked onto Xi Yu.

However, when they saw what was happening, the couple became utterly enraged. Their eyes became extremely bloodshot at that moment, and killing intent erupted like a tsunami. The world darkened as the sun in the sky trembled. Suddenly, the temperature of the entire Divine Kingdom of Pingtian plummeted.

The divine king and the vice-leader of the Empyrean Demon Cult remained engaged in an extremely intense battle in outer space.

However, when they sensed the terrifying killing intent that frightened even them, they could not help but stop and look towards the Dong'an province.

"Chaotic Prime!"

The divine king and Huai An both cried out. They became stern. A Chaotic Prime had appeared in the southern region and in the Dong'an province of the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian in particular. The divine king was unable to remain calm about this, so he immediately rushed back to the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian. He no longer bothered about keeping Huai An busy.

On the tallest peak of the three thousand spiritual mountains within the Earth Spirit sect, the eyes of the ancestor, Sang Tu, suddenly snapped open. Surprised filled his face as he looked in the direction of the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian grimly.

"What a powerful killing intent. This killing intent originates from a Chaotic Prime. Is it that woman?" Sang Tu became extremely stern. Now that a Chaotic Prime had suddenly appeared in the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian, he subconsciously connected it to the woman in white clothes who had infiltrated his secret room silently.

"No, it's not her. The presences differ too much. Just which expert has come to the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian, and why is his killing intent so strong?" Sang Tu could no longer remain where he was. Immediately, he hurried off to the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian.

At the same time, this matter also alarmed the Primordial realm experts of the imperial family of the Heavenly Moon Empire and the Daoist Sect of Calm Clouds that stood equal to the Earth Spirit sect. They all emerged from seclusion and hurried off to the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian.

A Chaotic Prime had appeared in the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian. This was a significant matter, so they had to investigate.

The killing intent that had suddenly appeared in the Tian Yuan clan also made the ninth prince's face change drastically. Suddenly, he looked at the sky as disbelief filled his face.

He felt his soul tremble before the killing intent. The killing intent was so powerful that it was enough to annihilate the surroundings. It made the ninth prince feel like his soul had frozen over.

Since even a peak Godking like the ninth prince experienced that, what happened to the Godkings who had come with the ninth prince was obvious. Fright filled all of their faces.

Mo Yan stopped stripping Xi Yu's clothes. As if a cold bucket of water had been poured over him, his nefarious flames were completely extinguished.

"Yu'er!"

The Xi Emperor and the empress both cried out sorrowfully. The Xi Emperor directly sent out a palm strike that contained terrifying energy towards Mo Yan.

A Chaotic Prime's strike created just too great of a disturbance. It was world-shaking. The Xi Emperor's furious strike directly annihilated space, creating black spatial cracks in the sky that spread towards Mo Yan at a speed greater than lightning.

From the distance, a black crack seemed to stretch towards the ground; it was like a black streak of lightning.

The ninth prince and the other Godkings felt like they were suffocating at that moment. Their hearts throbbed heavily as all the hairs on their bodies stood up. They felt a chill run down their spines, from their heads to their feet.

"Ch- Chaotic Prime!" The ninth prince lost his composure. His face changed drastically, and he immediately pressed his hand onto his Space Ring.

A jade talisman laid quietly in a corner of his Space Ring. It had been crushed to dust silently at that moment.

Mo Yan had been silently reduced to nothingness. He disappeared from the air, and not even a single dust particle remained. Only the shattered space that slowly closed up remained where he stood before.

A mighty Godking had just vanished before everyone like that. Had he been reduced to the simplest particles from the Xi Emperor's strike, or had the crack in space sucked him away?

However, it was certain that even if Mo Yan was a Godking, it was impossible for him to survive a furious strike from a Chaotic Prime that also contained killing intent.

The Xi Emperor's control over his power was extremely great. His furious attack only targeted Mo Yan such that no energy surged out. As a result, his attack resulted in no energy shockwaves, and it also failed to reach anyone in the surroundings. Not even the surroundings were damaged.

However, the pressure and terrifying disturbance the attack caused mentally shocked everyone present.

"Yu'er. Yu'er." The Xi Emperor silently appeared before Xi Yu. His stalwart body trembled uncontrollably as tears filled his eyes. He called out emotionally.

"My daughter. My daughter, mother has finally found you. Mother has finally found you." The empress ignored the blood on Xi Yu and embraced her tightly. She began to sob as tears flowed from her eyes uncontrollably like a fountain. She was unable to stop crying.

She had just found her beloved daughter that had been lost for many years. It should have been something delightful, but when she saw her own flesh and blood end up in such a miserable state, her heart shattered.

When she thought about how her own daughter would be completely doomed if she arrived just a little later, the empress became filled with angst.

"Who did this? Who injured my daughter like this?" The empress said through gritted teeth, emphasising every single word. Fury filled her eyes, and just a single, terrifying glance from them was enough to make people shiver.

Chapter 1980: The Xi Emperor's Daughter (Three)

The Xi Emperor also surged with killing intent. His face became extremely sunken as he gently placed his hand on Xi Yu's shoulder. Tremendous vitality parted from his body, entering Xi Yu's body in an extremely gentle way.

With the channeling of the vitality, Xi Yu who had been at death's door regained life in a short instance. Some color appeared in her dull eyes while her wounds quickly healed as well.

Even her right arm that had been destroyed began to regrow.

The severed arm was healing.

After all, this was the tremendous vitality of a Chaotic Prime.

This vitality was nothing to a Chaotic Prime, but to Xi Yu who was only an Overgod, this was a power that could change her fate. It basically gave her a second life.

Princess Tai'an and the two old men who had followed along also descended onto the Tian Yuan clan. At that moment, they stared at Xi Yu in shock.

Princess Tai'an looked at the bloodied Xi Yu in the empress' embrace. The feelings she experienced were extremely mixed. If she had known earlier that the box Jian Chen had given her was a lead to her aunt's long lost daughter, she would have forcefully given it to the empress regardless of the consequences.

"I can't believe Jian Chen! Why didn't he directly explain such an important thing to me? If I could tell elder sister's whereabouts earlier, she would not end up like this," princess Tai'an was very displeased with Jian Chen.

As for the two old men who had come with the Xi Emperor, they experienced shock and disbelief.

In the Xi Empire, everyone already knew that the Xi Emperor had no children. This was a public fact. However, the Xi Emperor had suddenly gained a daughter now, which surprised the two of them very much.

At this moment, the divine king had arrived in the Tian Yuan clan as well. He concealed his presence and maintained an extremely low profile so low that barely anyone sensed his arrival.

However, when he understood the situation, he knew how to behave and remained quiet. He watched on from one side, looking at the couple and the two old men sternly. He was nowhere near calm inside.

He did not know who they were, but he did know that any single one of them possessed a cultivation level that greatly exceeded his own.

The arrival of a Chaotic Prime had utterly terrified the Godking who could control space already. His face paled, and he was no longer in the mood to deal with the people from the Tian Yuan clan. He immediately released the trapped space.

The important members of the Tian Yuan clan recovered their freedom, including Rui Jin, Hong Lian, and Hei Yu. All of them felt like they had just escaped death.

However, when they looked at Xi Yu who the empress embraced, none of them said anything. They were also stunned.

The original patriarch of the Mo clan, Mo Xingfeng, experienced extremely mixed feelings as he looked at the emperor and the empress.

As for the ninth prince of the Blood Sun Empire, he had become unsettled. He studied the emperor and the empress carefully. However, his gaze was fixed on the dragon robes that the Xi Emperor wore.

"Dragon robes and a Chaotic Prime. Is he..." As a person who possessed authority in the Blood Sun Empire, the ninth prince was naturally knowledgeable. He completely exceeded the divine king in this aspect, so he quickly guessed the Xi Emperor's identity, which caused his heart to sink.

"Impossible! Doesn't the Xi Emperor of the northern region have no children? Why is there a daughter now? And the daughter is..." The ninth prince's face became extremely ugly. The light in his eyes flickered with uncertainty. With his quick thoughts, he made a decision and began to back off silently. He wanted to leave without drawing any attention to himself.

"No one can leave before I properly investigate if there's anyone else involved in my daughter's wounds." However, just when the ninth prince moved, the empress' cold voice rang out, and pressure immediately fell on the ninth prince.

The ninth prince's body sank. Under the tremendous pressure, his legs directly sank into the ground, leaving only his knees visible.

Seeing how leaving silently would no longer work, the ninth prince could only raise his two hands with his full strength reluctantly now that he had run out of choices. He clasped his fist, "I am the ninth prince of the Blood Sun Empire, and I greet the Xi Emperor and the empress. It really is an honor for our southern region to have you personally visit. If there are any places I can help, I am more than willing to."

"The Xi Emperor? Empress?"

The divine king was startled inside. The ninth prince's identity had already surprised him enough, but when the ninth prince mentioned the Xi Emperor and the empress, he directly connected it to the eternal Xi Empire of the northern region.

"The Xi Emperor? Is the Chaotic Prime in dragon robes the current emperor of the eternal Xi Empire of the north?" Even with the divine king's composure, he struggled to remain calm at this moment. He looked at Xi Yu who laid in the empress' embrace and was extremely shocked.

However, after the Xi Emperor and the empress learnt who the ninth prince was, they still did not budge. The empress stared at the ninth prince coldly and said, "Are you among the people who injured my daughter?" The empress' voice was filled with killing intent such that people believed without any doubt that even if he was the ninth prince of the eternal Blood Sun Empire, she would still be bold enough to kill him.

The ninth prince's face did not change. He clasped his fist, "You are mistaken, empress. The emperor has already dealt with the person who injured your daughter. I am congratulating the emperor and the empress for your reunion with your daughter."

"Don't lie. The person who injured Xi Yu and destroyed her arm was clearly you!" Just when the ninth prince had finished speaking, Xi Yu's foster father, Mo Xingfeng, said furiously from among the crowd.

"Hmph, don't you tell dirty lies. If the Tian Yuan clan dares to slander me any further, I can wipe out your entire clan with a single word with my authority. Even the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian won't be able to save you." The ninth prince's eyes turned cold, and he glared at Mo Xingfeng extremely sharply. The glance was like a sword, directly stabbing into Mo Xingfeng's soul, making him tremble violently and pale instantly.

"How imposing!" The empress snorted coldly. She held Xi Yu with one hand as she directly swung her other hand at the ninth prince. She condensed a hand of energy that slapped the ninth prince's face viciously, sending him flying.

The slap was extraordinarily powerful. Half of the ninth prince's face had been reduced to a bloody mess while his entire jaw had been shattered. Blood covered his face.

The ninth prince and his mighty cultivation of peak Godking only seemed like an infant before the empress. He was unable to resist at all.

The souls of all the people from the Tian Yuan clan were extremely shocked from that. Previously, they had used the power of their entire clan, yet they failed to resist at all before the ninth prince's people. They could only watch disaster descend.

Yet now, the ninth prince and all his people who were so powerful that they could easily destroy the entire Tian Yuan clan in their eyes was as weak as a child before the empress. All the people from the Tian Yuan clan felt like they were dreaming when they witnessed this dramatic change in the situation.

The empress knelt on the ground with one knee as she held Xi Yu. Xi Yu's blood had already dyed her clothes red. The empress stared at the ninth prince that she had sent flying with killing intent, and she said frigidly, "Is that true? Did Yu'er's wounds really come from you? Did you really destroy Yu'er's arm?"

At that moment, Xi Yu had finally recovered after receiving the tremendous vitality of a Chaotic Prime. Her missing arm had regrown as well. She struggled and escaped from the empress' embrace before standing up. She stared at the empress and the emperor in confusion.

The empress immediately looked at Xi Yu, and her glare softened instantly. A motherly light filled her eyes as she asked in concern, "Child, how do you feel?"

"Yu'er, tell father who injured you. It doesn't matter who they are or what status they possess, I'll take revenge for you. I won't let any of them go." The Xi Emperor supported Xi Yu carefully with one of his strong, robust arms. His eyes were gentle, and they were also filled with care.

Xi Yu gently broke free from the Xi Emperor's arm and looked at the emperor and the empress in confusion. She slowly staggered backwards as she said gently, "Who are you? I- I- I don't know you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 265 21
this is a fictional story. please don't take it seriously it's just for fun . read and have fun If I have spelling mistakes please avoid it Don't t...
2 0 1
Sudden burst of life
16 0 12
Kkksnnew
Who By Soph

Fanfiction

10.3K 27 103