The Anima of a Reincarnated V...

By Thefantasyquotes

"You say you cannot love," she told her once, gazing into her eyes as an equal. "And so I will love for you... More

BEFORE YOU READ:
Prolouge
~Chapter 1; Ayame-San, Beloved Assassin~
~Chapter 2; Hatsumomo-chan!~
~Chapter 3; Continuing The Ways Of The Assassin~
~Chapter 4; Magic Aptitude Test! ~
~Chapter 5: Eleven Years Of Mourning~
~Chapter 5.5; The Dullness Of A Diamond Blade~
~Chapter 6; Fretful Passing~
~Chapter 7; Keiko Erinachi~
~Chapter 8; Azule Examiners~
~Chapter 9; A Beautiful Lie~
~Chapter 10; Involvement~
~Chapter 12; Pact~
~Chapter 13; A Coincidence Or A Trap?~
~Chapter 14; The Lion, The Snake, And The Helpless Hares~
~Chapter 15; The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend~
~Chapter 23; Monster?~
~Chapter 24; As The Sun Begins To Die~
~Chapter 25: Let Us Begin~
~Chapter 26: Here We Stand~
~Chapter 27; Face Your Fears And Let Go~
~Chapter 28; Our Paths Meet Again~
~Chapter 29; Do You Care?~
~Chapter 30; Price To Pay~
~Chapter 31: You Have Torn Yourself Apart Because You Needed To Hide~
~Chapter 32; Lie To Yourself~
~Chapter 33; Final Stand~
~Chapter 34; Fretfully Living~
~Chapter 35; To The Capital~
~Chapter 36; Argument~
~Chapter 37; The Capital Of Lilith: Aurea~
~Chapter 38; To Find Out It Was You~
~Chapter 39: Prepare~
THANK YOU FOR 60K
~Chapter 13; Dinner For Four?~ (ORIGINAL)
~Chapter 14; Keiko, Who Are You?~ (ORIGINAL)
~Chapter 15; Plan~ (ORIGINAL)
~Chapter 16; First Step~ (ORIGINAL)

~Chapter 11; Charge Forward~

2.8K 94 11
By Thefantasyquotes

The sun had risen, Ayame realized, as the golden rays peeked through their curtains. The young woman was sitting on her bed with a vague expression, already dressed in her uniform as she pondered the events of the previous night.

"Information is power, as valuable as it is Amethyst and Jade."

Today is the first day of term, and Ayame felt like she hadn't slept much.

Eventually, she decided to leave her dorm room and head to the commercial district of the Academy, opting for a quick meal before wandering the grounds once more.

How Jiro found her while she was drinking lobster soup was a mystery to her, but she didn't mind his company as he drew a chair and sat opposite her, ordering his food as he ran a hair through his hair.

She glanced at him as he sat there, straight-backed and as laid-back as one could be, wondering if everyone would turn out the same as Aurora.

Ayame inwardly shook herself.

She didn't need to think about unnecessary things like that in the morning.

...

The classroom was filled with the natural hubbub it usually held. Young men and women alike introduced themselves to one another, forming bonds--whether they were sincere or not was anyone's guess--and talking to each other happily.

Ayame entered the room and people tended to find themselves glancing at her prominent figure. She was one of the few who had been able to fight off the intruders, though it was true that what had happened to her was the one kept the most quiet. Rumors spread that she had even been summoned by the Headmaster for a formal conversation.

Not only that, but she was Ayame Yuna Emomoto, little sister of Keiji Nagasaki Emomoto, a young man who was especially skilled in the magic of water, popular among the unengaged young women and an attractive bachelor who was fair and friendly. Ayame wasn't just her brothers sister, she was the first Onyx and Light Wielder in what seemed like a thousand years.

Childhood friends with Jiro Chiroko, Fianceé of the Second Prince, on speaking terms with Haru Benjiro Daisuke, Ayame seemed to be an influencial young woman who, though not many people were acquainted with her, was friendly with the right people.

Still, as many piercing stares landed on her petite figure, Ayame remained as impassive and as blank as she had been when she had entered the room. No one could tell what she was thinking as she sat down beside an empty chair, looking out of the window indifferently.

Eventually, no one minded her, but Ayame could feel them glance at her from time to time.

The class was due in a couple of minutes. If Ayame was correct, the Heroine would appear and choose a seat beside a lonely-looking girl, instead of the empty seat beside Ayame. The latter would then be personally offended, and, though she would not disrupt the class, she would embarrass the Heroine afterwards, making her look like an uneducated commoner.

Ayame, however, was busy thinking of a single sentence, disregarding the rest of the day as she repeatedly analyzed the sentence in her mind.

"Information is power, valuable as it is Amethyst and Jade."

Information is power.. Where would one seek information?

Perhaps some would go the local tavern, to ask for the local rumors and such, but Ayame needed something much more substantial than rumors circulating the city. She needed someone who had their sources, a person dealing with secrets and hidden happenings...

An informant, then?

While it wasn't a definite answer, Ayame reckoned it was a not-so-vague lead.

As she continued to think about the matter at hand, a young woman subtly approached her. Ignoring the presence, Ayame continued to stare out of the window.

"Emomoto-san, can I sit beside you?"

Ayame turned to see Hatsumomo Nectar, the Heroine of Thousand Mortem Blossom.

Inwardly, she allowed herself a sardonic smile. Another irregularity.

Ayame gave her a curt nod and continued staring out of the window, her mind now focusing on the moment that had just happened.

Ayame knew her behavior would be one of the causes for the plot of the novel to change, but so much had happened and she was sure the world did not revolve around her.

If Hatsumomo had been on Takumi's path, she would surely be cautious of Ayame, his fiancée. However, there was no telling if Hatsumomo was being cautious. She was fair and kind to everyone, despite of how she privately thought of them.

The class had begun.

Paying little attention to the lesson, she felt a pair of eyes staring at her. Discreetly examining the class, Ayame could not guess who was looking at her. She turned back to the lesson.

...

Ayame's Swordmanship lesson was one with all of the Love Interests, but curiously, not the Heroine herself. Surely, if all of the main protagonists of the novel appeared, the most important one of all would be near?

The professor told them to separate into pairs.

"I think I want to spar with Keiji." said Takumi with a laugh, as he added, "I don't feel like being brought to my knees in front of the whole class."

With this sentence, he dispelled any future rumors that Ayame would rather spar with Jiro than her own fiancé.

Ayame brandished a wooden sword and locked eyes with Jiro, who stood opposite her.

Jiro had been skilled with a sword, finding himself equal with Haru, the future Head Knight, so many were curious to see if Ayame was truly as skilled as the rumors had said.

A swift blur. The dull thunk of wood landing against wood.

Ayame had parried Jiro's blow.

The sparring had started so quickly that some had blinked and missed the abrupt movement of wooden swords.

After successfully parrying all of Jiro's attacks, Ayame started edging forward, as calm and composed as ever. Her sword style changed, those with sharp eyes could tell. The one she had used to parry his blows was just that: a defensive sword style, effective and swift. The one she had changed was merciless and swift, purely offensive.

When Jiro had adjusted and found a pace Ayame changed sword styles so quickly hardly anyone noticed. This continued until Ayame locked eyes with him, her violet eyes slightly playful.

"Want me to take you seriously, Ji-san?"

Her voice echoed in his ears as she fought him brilliantly, unrelenting and not once lowering her guard.

"What's the fun of playing around, Aya-san?"

He went for the bait unhesitantly, a smile in his eyes as Ayame quickly changed sword styles, and Jiro knew it was only a couple of seconds until the fight would end.

Several quick, dull thumps, and the battle ended. Jiro was on his bottom, his sword out of his hands and a sword pointed a millimeter before his throat.

Jiro was grinning up at Ayame without the slightest expression of surprise. Many were amazed by the sparring. They could tell Jiro wasn't holding back; possibly, it was Ayame herself who had been doing so.

Ayame helped Jiro to his feet and returned to the crowd, letting the next pair spar.

Once Takumi had finished his spar with Haru, (the latter winning), he headed straight to Ayame and reminded her of their monthly dinner.

Jiro watched her nod from the side.

◇◇◇

Ayame glanced at Keiko, who was yet again asleep. Knowing she was awake and simply pretending, she paid her no mind and went straight to the bathroom.

She changed into a regal blue dress, one that wasn't too simple for dinner with the prince and not too grand for a mere dinner. Simply tying her hair into a bun, she grabbed her black purse and made her way downstairs.

Upon arrival, Ayame wasn't surprised that Haru was already there at the entrance of her building, waiting for her with a carriage.

Slight amusement showed in Ayame's eyes as Haru tried and failed to look impassive.

"I want a rematch." he said, once they were inside.

"No." was Ayame's immediate answer.

Looking aggravated and just as irritated as he did when Ayame rejected him, the latter felt like she was looking at a whining dog.

Haru had not yet gotten over the fact that Ayame had beaten him in his Swordmanship, and wanted to test her again and have a rematch.

Sadly for him, Ayame did not plan on having another battle to showcase her sword styles.

So for the past three years, he had been hounding her for another round.

Yes.

He was a quite stubborn firecracker.

Ayame leaned back, closing her eyes as she ignored the gloomy Haru.

The first day of school wasn't quite as eventful as the novel's had been.

With her hands clasped on her lap as she sat with an impassive expression, Ayame felt that the Heroine wasn't quite as involved with everyone than she would be in the novel.

Her change of personality had little to do with most of the Heroine's actions.

It even seemed like the Heroine wanted nothing to do with all of the Love Interests.

Ayame felt a foreboding feeling in her mind.

This wasn't a good sign.

...

"How do you see me, Ayame?"

Sitting opposite the second prince in a private room at a respected tea house, Ayame immediately understood the underlying message of Takumi's question.

"A childhood acquaintance, at best." she answered without missing a beat.

Takumi smiled wryly. "I had a funny feeling you didn't like me that much."

I don't like you at all, you psychopath.

"I'll be frank, for your sake, Takumi," Ayame stared into his silver eyes before continuing. "There is not a single chance under the seven heavens that I would ever love you."

Takumi only chuckled at her dry statement.

"Our loveless political marriage will not be the first."

Ayame gracefully drank her lemon water, waiting for him to continue.

"It won't be a loving marriage, yes, but you will find no better candidate here."

An amused light flickered in Ayame's eyes purposefully.

"No better candidate." repeated Ayame, before twirling her fork full of spaghetti.

Take I watched her really lift her fork and eat with a splendor that couldn't be explained.

"No need to be so sarcastic," spoke Takumi musingly. "Is there anyone you would like to marry?"

Ayame paused, blinked, then continued her actions.

"No," she said afterwards. Marriage had never been on her mind, not in her past life nor in this one. "No one one comes to mind."

Ayame sipped her glass once more.

"Is there anyone you would like to marry, Takumi?"

"Not a single person, I'm afraid." said Takumi, without pausing to think.

"Do the beautiful maidens at the academy not catch your eye?" asked Ayame lightly.

"I've been quite busy, it's possible I've missed all the beautiful ones." he replied off-handedly, cutting his steak skillfully.

Quite busy? That was most probably an understatement. Ayame watched in the dark how a discreet carriage drove out of the academy last night. That must have been the second prince, she was sure of it.

"Potatoes, Ayame?"

"Oh, yes."

...

As Haru escorted Ayame into her carriage she noticed a familiar figure speaking to another familiar figure.

Jiro?

Peering out of the window, her violet eyes darkened, her view confirming her thoughts.

That was certainly Jiro, dressed casually while maintaining proper distance. And opposite him was a bashful Hatsumomo, cheeks a lovely pink.

Remaining impassive, Ayame leaned back and closed her eyes.

Jiro Hansuke Chiroko. What a master manipulator you must be.

Sink your claws deep, for there will be no way to retract them once you fall for her honey trap.

A memory flashed in Ayame's mind.

A dagger from the back, the familiar smell of blood. Her blood.

Aurora stood there, before the log.

Until now.. She stared at Ayame with honest eyes.

"Why?" Eiko asked, emotion cracking through her voice.

But Eiko never had her question answered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 535 29
Mitsuki Takahash is a young 19-year=old girl. She moved out from her abusive home and came to America. She finally free and living her live.....but s...
681K 34.9K 83
Do you think a mere human can win against fate? You probably read a lot of stories where a reincarnated person succeeded as a villainess. Most reinca...
25.7K 1K 26
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...
990 43 18
An ordinary girl being addicted to otome game and reincarnated as one of the powerful villainess in the game world... Can a villainess become a prot...