๐๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐•๐ž๐ง๐ ...

By UshbaAnsari

//A King only bows before his Queen\\ In the dark underworld of organized crime, Kai Parker reigns supreme as... More

1. The first dance
3. Welcoming the enemy
4. The leverage
5. Falling for the trap
6. Playing with fire
7. An unsettling wink
8. Dodging kicks and inappropriate thoughts
9. Captivated By Rebellion
10. Embracing Her Wounds
11. The Smutty Break-In
12. A Forbidden Attraction

2. The devil in the flesh

45K 1K 407
By UshbaAnsari

ℂ 𝔸 𝕄 𝕀 𝕃 𝕃 𝔼    𝔻 𝔸 𝕍 𝕀 𝕊

As he stood with his hands caging me against the counter, I forgot how to breathe for a fleeting moment. He was just as intimidating as people have told me. Everything about him screamed danger and trouble. The endangering and sinister aura around him. He effortlessly carried himself, full of charisma and confidence, as if he was God and everyone else was his worshipper.

"Looking for this?" He smirked devilishly, pulling out a mini pistol from his back. And that's when I realized my pistol wasn't attached to the holster.

Bloody fucking hell.

"What's wrong? Did your foul little tongue get caught in a knot?" He mocked, pressing the cold barrel of the gun against my forehead and loading the gun with a click.

Fuck. The second he presses the trigger, I am dead meat.

"No. I was just grabbing some of this." I hurled the red pepper in his eyes that I had gathered in my fist and leaped towards the kitchen exit. There was a secret way out of the back into the parking lot. But before I could reach the door, I was seized from my arm and shoved into the wall. I tried fighting his hold, but he quickly defended himself and held me in place. His hot, minty breath fanned my face as he stared down at me.

"Give up fighting, and you'll live." He warned, holding both my wrists against the wall. Every cell in my brain told me to give up against the emerald-eyed monster, but I pulled my shit together.

"Give up against a bastard like you? Never." I seethed, headbutting him brutally. His hold loosened around my wrist, and I swiftly freed myself and grabbed an empty bottle of vodka from behind me, and smashed it over his head with all my strength. My eyes widened when he stood there as if nothing had happened. Blood seeped from the side of his forehead. His daunting eyes kept me captive as he gently fished out a handkerchief and dabbed it across his face. Throwing the cloth away, he crept toward me like a hunter moving toward his prey. With every step he advanced toward me, I took a step back cautiously.

"What the fuck are you? Superman or something?!" He laughed. His laugh was soft but sinister.

"I am the devil in the flesh, sweetheart." The motherfucker bragged, grabbing the knife stuck in the cutting board and twirling it swiftly between his fingers before aggressively throwing it at me. I ducked in time and slid across the floor, striking his legs and taking him down. His eyes widened as I straddled him and pressed the blade against his neck that I had slipped out from the side of his shoes while taking him down.

"Now, what the fuck are you? Wonder women or something?" He mused, raising his hands in surrender as I hovered above him.

"I prefer Black Widow, but for you, I'm your worst nightmare."

"Well, according to Shakespeare, love is the worst of nightmares." He smirked, slowly inching his finger towards my face and tucking the loose strand of my hair behind my ear.

What the fuck?

"Hands above your head," I demanded, pressing the cold blade against his neck.

"You have got quite the nerve to order me like that." He snickered, putting his hands on his head. "You are lucky that I don't like fighting with women."

"Scared of losing against one?" I cocked my head, smirking.

"I am not scared of anything, sweetheart." He struck at my wrist, disarming me swiftly, and flipped us over, pinning my hands down on the tiled floor. Fuck.

"Because nothing in this world is strong enough to beat me." He stared down at me as I struggled beneath him.

"People like you-"

"There are no people like me, sweetheart." He cut me off, emphasizing his words. "There is just one of my kind." He winked. Asshole.

"That's where you are wrong, Mr. One-of-a-kind asshole!" I spat, kicking him where the sun doesn't shine. He dropped to the floor beside me, and I raced to the kitchen exit. I heard the bastard commanding his men to follow me. Hopping inside my car, I started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot. While speeding down the street, I noticed a black SUV with a silver pattern on its door following me. These SUVs were exclusively designed and used by the Parkers only. I raced down the lane, and when the car was close enough, I took a rough u-turn and changed lanes. A smirk crept to my lips as I realized I had successfully got rid of his men. Making sure no one was following me, I reached Brandon's farmhouse. The place was huge and heavily guarded. As I was parking my car, my phone rang. It was my boss- the chief inspector of the crime department.

"Congratulations, Detective Camille. You succeeded in your very first mission. The Italian Mafia is under arrest with serious charges against them."

"It's my pleasure, Sir."

"Now that your mission is complete get rid of your undercover job. You don't have to work as a chef anymore."

"I wasn't great at it anyway." I laughed.

"For your excellent execution of the plan, you will be rewarded with a bonus. And, for safety purposes, you'll have to stay low for a long period, at least until the Italian case is closed."

"I know, sir."

"Well, see you soon then."

"Definitely, sir." He ended the call, and I smiled to myself. I just hope they don't find out about the secret operation I'm running against Parker Mafia. If they find out, I'll not only be kicked out of the criminal investigation team but also tried in court for running an illegal personal mission, that too with Brandon Alessandro- another mafia boss.

Locking the car, I pocketed my phone. Passing by a couple of guards, I found Brandon sitting on the patio with his tablet and a cup of hot coffee.

"Everything went flawless, Mr. Brandy." I beamed, taking a seat on the couch and grabbing his coffee.

"I didn't know flirting with Kai Parker was a part of our fucking plan." He spat, throwing the tablet on the table. I could judge by his tone that he was pissed. I played the video. It was the CCTV footage of the dance hall.

"We weren't flirting-"

"Bullshit." He slammed his hand on the table, startling me. "Camille, I told you if you fell for that bastard's charms, we won't be able to execute him. If you are so smitten by him already, I don't know how you are going to live with him without falling in love with him." This time I slammed my hand on the table as rage gripped me. His words were like a slap to my face.

"I told you we weren't flirting." I gritted.

"Camille, we planned to kill two birds with one stone-"

"And we did! The Italians are arrested for having drugs in the restaurant with their company's logo. And now they will think the Parkers set them up since they placed the drugs there. And as far as grabbing Kai's attention is concerned, I achieved that, too, by placing that bug under the table from an angle that only he could see. It was that bastard's choice to dance with me, and I just went with it. Look at the result. Did that bastard fall for the trap? He did!"

"Okay, I'm sorry. I just feared that charming bastard would woe you, and then all our efforts will be trash again." He sighed with frustration.

"I am not Talia. I'm not that naive to be wowed by a pair of sexy emerald eyes belonging to an arrogant control freak. That motherfucker killed my parents. I won't stop until I avenge them." I hissed.

"Talking about parents, Kai burned Suzanne alive today." He informed, snatching his coffee back from me.

"I don't know why I'm even surprised at this point. That bastard is absolutely heartless." I shook my head.

"Honestly, if my mother shakes hands with my nemesis today, her end will be identical to Suzanne's. It's the rules. You cannot trust a traitor." He shrugged.

"Was it really necessary to stab Suzanne in the back? We could have easily taken down Kai with the help of his mother." A few months ago, we made a deal with Kai Parker's mother- Suzanne. She wanted the throne, and I wanted Kai dead. So we started working for a mutual cause, but now Brandon had to give up on Suzanne. He leaked their photos so Kai could find out about his mother's betrayal.

"Sometimes, I don't call the shots, Camille." He shrugged.

"Did your 'backup' order you to throw Suzanne under the bus?" Brandon has someone behind him, someone very dominant and powerful who has been helping us get closer to Kai Parker, and in return, sometimes, we have to adjust our plans according to that person. I don't know who he is because Brandon never tells.

"That's none of your business. And sooner or later, I would have to deal with Suzanne too, so it's better this way."

"It is my business. If we hadn't double-crossed Suzanne, we wouldn't have had to switch to Plan B, which is a hundred times riskier. We can end up dead with Plan B."

"Speaking of Plan B, right now, Kai is probably searching for you. But when he finds you, there is a high chance he will throw you in his basement. But we need to be inside his mansion to have tabs on him."

"And how am I gonna make that happen?" I pouted.

"That's for you to figure out. You need to be very careful around Kai. That motherfucker should always feel one step ahead of us because he is a control freak. He likes to have everything and everyone between the palm of his hands."

"Don't worry. I won't screw it up like Talia did." Talia was the assassin we hired and sneaked into Kai's life as a nutritionist. But that idiot fell in love with that bastard, and we had to get rid of her. Brandon had her head chopped off. "And he will be too occupied with the Italians, anyways. He won't have time to think about anything else."

"But that won't last long. Kai is much stronger than Dominic. You'll have to gather as much evidence as possible before he figures us out." I nodded.

"Joshua will contact you and provide you with the necessary devices in the mansion. Just make sure you install those bugs and cameras in his office. And then all you have to do is escape."

"Do you think that will be enough to take down that bastard?"

"It has to be. We need to find the address of Kai's drug lab, where he does all his dirty work. And then boom, he will be in prison. You will get your vengeance, and I'll get his throne. A happy ending." He smirked.

"I hope everything goes as planned." I sighed, getting up. "Did you talk with Greg?"

"Yeah, he texted before leaving town. He won't be in touch for a long time, obviously, but he said if we ever need him, he'll find a way to contact us."

"Cool. I'll get going then. I need to figure out a few things at home too."

"You can stay." He smirked, and I rolled my eyes.

"That's never happening." I smiled before walking towards the parking area. As I reached home, I threw myself on the couch. Playing Taylor Swift's song on my airpods, I tried to get rid of the tension in my muscles. Seeing that asshole today and not ripping his throat out screwed my mind. Feeling mom's necklace around my neck, I took a deep breath. I had waited for this day for years. When mom and dad died, I was only fourteen. I did everything I could to seek justice but failed. I learned the hard way that seeking justice through the rules against the monsters of this town was impossible. So I changed the rules. Joining hands with the mafia might be a dangerous step, but I had no other option.

If our plan operates smoothly, soon Kai will get what he deserves, my parents will be avenged, and Brandon will take over the Parker mafia to strengthen his position in the mafia world. I would finally be able to move on and live my life, although, after all these years, I don't even know how to be happy and just. . . live.

Tossing the frozen cheese pizza in the oven, I set the timer for twelve minutes. While it was cooking, I decided to freshen up. Slipping out of my dress, I had my own One Direction concert in the shower. Throwing my bathrobe on, I stepped into my bedroom and switched on the lights.

"Took you long enough, sweetheart." I jumped at the dark and seductively deep voice that carried through the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 5.5K 58
The failure to put trust into a stranger's words and a simple act of judgement became the catalyst for a tragic night. Arabella's pleasant life becom...
523K 24.7K 48
What happens when the mafia boss, Miguel Lobos's assistant overhears a conversation that puts a target on her back by Miguel's heartless frenemy?? Mi...
5.5K 516 17
๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐“๐จ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ " ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฅ๐ข...