I Found My Mate!But She's in...

By OopsIDisneyedAgain

Katie is a girl whose father just died and nobody knows how. Her stepmom is a horrible person and sends her o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 6

3.5K 42 2
By OopsIDisneyedAgain

Chapter 6

Katie's POV

Trent slid into the parking lot of a colossal building with numerous windows, the sun glaring on all of them giving them a weird sparkling crystal look. Many adolescents crowded around the parking lot, chuckling with their friends, rambunctiously goofing around, or in the case of one couple I saw, smooching like there was no tomorrow. I grimaced; I could already predict that I wasn't going to like this place very much. All of a sudden, I heard the soft snap of the engine to Trent's Aston Martin cutting off.

"Where are we?" I questioned, using my now hoarse voice for the first time in what felt like an eternity, but I know it was only a brief hour-long car ride.

"School" Trent simply responded as he stooped out of the car and glanced around as if he were seeking something. Wait! School?! But I don't attend this school; I go to a small, inconsequential school 30 miles to the north. Most students there were extremely intelligent, considering that it is a magnet school. Yep, I'm a nerd, geek, whatever you want to call me, so much so that my dad used to call me the next Bill Gates; although, I'm leaning more towards English and literature.

"Wait, did I get enrolled here?" I called loud enough for him to hear me but not draw too much attention to myself from the eccentric teenagers littering the lot.

"Yes" he retorted, "take your backpack, go to the main office, and get your schedule. I'll meet you here when school is out, and I'll take you to my house" he said with a wink and a cocky grin.

"Ugh. Pig" I muttered spitefully under my breath and clutched my orange backpack with buttons and stickers of my favorite bands, graffiti courtesy of my two best friends, Penny and Abigail, and fraying borders from overuse. I treaded hesitantly in the direction of the crystal-like front doors. I am so screwed; this school is easily 10 times larger than my old one. No one was looking at me, so that was good. I didn't need the unwanted attention. I reached the door and tugged it open gently. Immediately, I saw the sign for the main office plastered on a silver coated door. Swallowing the anxiety accumulated in my body, I pushed the frigid door revealing a busy looking women sitting behind a cluttered desk. She was typing away with claw-like red painted nails on the out-dated computer in front of her. I softly coughed, alerting her of my presence.

"Um, I'm new here, and well, I kind of need my schedule, please" I stumbled over my words, nervously studying my blue and black plaid converse.

"Name?" she inquired looking over her horn-rimmed sparkly glasses. I jerked my head up to meet her icy gaze.

"Katie McAllister" I replied cautiously. Her eyes went as wide as I thought an old woman's eyes could go.

"Oh, Ms.McAllister! Yes, I have your schedule right here, darling" she told me, her mood instantly shifting. My eyebrows crinkled in confusion, as I wondered why the heck my name had changed her outlook of me. She handed me a pink slip of paper, and I noticed I contained my locker number (326), my teachers and classes, and my lunch number (1402).

"And I'm sorry for your loss" she sympathized as I was backing up towards the silver door. I stopped dead, my brow furrowing even more than it had been already. How did she know about my dad? Rather than cause a big scene, which could result in tears falling just as freely as they had every other time I had cried, I just curtly nodded and said, "Thanks."

Once out in the crowded, loud hallway, I glanced down at my schedule. I had AP algebra 2 for homeroom. Where the heck am I supposed to find the classroom? I gazed around the hallway and noticed that it was nearly empty. Oh crap, I can't be late on my first day of school! I jogged lightly through up and down each hallway, desperately searching for room 308. Being impossibly clumsy, I knew I shouldn't have been running but desperate times call for desperate measures. Sure enough, I slipped and nose-dived into the cool, unforgiving floor, twisting my ankle painfully. I arose from the ground, brushed myself off, and continued my way down the hallway slightly limping this time...305...306...307...ah finally! 308! By this time, I was too relieved at the fact that I get to sit down and take some pressure off my throbbing ankle to give a crap that I was 15 minutes late to my first class at my new school.

I tried to slow down my breathing, as I stood gasping in front of the wood-paneled door. I slowly gathered the courage and gently pushed open the door revealing a class of about 15 students working on some worksheet although some where completely zoned out, which forces you wonder how people like that get into the advanced placement classes.

"Ms.McAllister! Why are you late for class!?" an annoyed Mr. Price, the algebra teacher, said.

"Um, well, I'm new here, and I got a little lost. Sorry sir" I replied nervously glancing around the room to find every eye on us except for one guy who looked like he was about to pass out unconscious. Great, just what I need more attention.

"Well if you ever do it again, you will get detention! I don't care who your father was!" he yelled. Confusion clouded my brain again. Why does everyone seem to know my father? I opened my mouth to voice my confusion, but I was interrupted by a banging sound coming from about 5 feet behind me. Both Mr. Price and I turned to view what made the noise.

A boy with onyx-colored longish hair, one of the ones who was zoned out before, was banging his head on his granite desktop over and over.

"Hudson, you alright, dude?" his friend, a guy with mahogany red hair and a crinkle of concern between his endless indigo eyes, asked. "Hudson" lifted his head and shrugged his shoulders. I caught sight of his face, and my breath caught. He had the most handsome face I've ever seen, a strong jaw and a subtle nose. He had the most amazing blue eyes, almost gray. Wow.

"I'm fine" he mumbled barely audible.

"Yes well, Katie would you please go sit by Mr.St.Marcus and make sure he doesn't damage his few remaining brain cells" Mr. Price said a touch of arrogance in his voice.

"Yes sir" I laughed quietly and lurched to the empty seat next to Hudson, suddenly nervous that he would talk to me. But relief washed through me as I planted down and noticed that his face was staring intently at the dry erase board. I gazed at the desktop.

The bell rang a shrill irritating sound, causing me to jump out of surprise. Had the period really gone by that fast? Intending to politely say hello and maybe make at least one friend, I turned to address Hudson but his seat has already vacant. A grimace slipped onto my face. Great, how was I going to find my next class, college-level creative writing in room 456?

"Move slut!" someone, a girl, shouted from behind me. I immediately stopped in my tracks and spun around to find a girl with a skirt so short it could double as a belt and a loose fitting tank top that showed way too much skin if you know what I mean. She glared at me with unforgiving ice cold eyes.

"Um I'm sorry if I was in your way" I apologized even though it was she who insulted me.

"Yeah, you better be, b*tch. What's your name, anyway?" she retorted angrily.

"Katie McAllister" I replied fearfully. Her perfectly makeup-ed eyes went wide as saucers in surprise. Ugh, of course she knows my father, too!

"Oh, McAllister, huh?" she asked with a sneer clear on her face and in her voice.

"Um, yeah" I uttered skeptically. How did these freaking people know me? It's really starting to freak me out! That's the third person who knows my name, McAllister.

"Hmm, interesting, see you around, b*tch! And don't ever get in my way again!" she exclaimed as she brushed pass me headed down the hallway to the right, a little gang of followers shooting me daggers as the passed also. Man, it's only 2nd period and I've already been late to my first class, seen the hottest guy ever, and now probably made an enemy in that mean girl.

The bell rang and I bolted about a mile in the air. Shoot! Not again!

Continue Reading