ephemeral | unOrdinary x read...

By yoongicorn_93

In a hierarchical society, power determines everything. Those with great strength towered above all while the... More

note
β—‡1β—‡
β—‡2β—‡
β—‡3β—‡
β—‡4β—‡
β—‡5β—‡
β—‡7β—‡
β—‡8β—‡
β—‡9β—‡
β—‡10β—‡
β—‡11β—‡
β—‡12β—‡
β—‡13β—‡
β—‡14β—‡
β—‡15β—‡
β—‡16β—‡
β—‡17β—‡
β—‡18β—‡
β—‡19β—‡
β—‡20β—‡
β—‡21β—‡
β—‡22β—‡
β—‡23 β—‡
β—‡24 β—‡
β—‡25 β—‡
β—‡ 26 β—‡
β—‡ 27 β—‡
β—‡ 28 β—‡
β—‡29β—‡
β—‡30β—‡
β—‡31β—‡
β—‡32β—‡
β—‡33β—‡
β—‡34β—‡
β—‡35 β—‡
β—‡36 β—‡
β—‡37β—‡
β—‡38β—‡
β—‡39β—‡
β—‡40β—‡
β—‡41β—‡
β—‡42β—‡
β—‡43β—‡
β—‡44β—‡
β—‡45β—‡
β—‡46β—‡
β—‡47β—‡
β—‡48β—‡
β—‡49β—‡
β—‡50β—‡
β—‡51β—‡
β—‡52β—‡
β—‡53β—‡
β—‡54β—‡

β—‡6β—‡

10.7K 433 482
By yoongicorn_93

Chapter 6

TIME DRAGGED BY incredibly slow. Y/N doodled mindlessly as her teacher droned on and on. This sucks. The majority of the class also spaced out, with the exceptions of the few who cared about their education. This was not Y/N. Instead, she wanted to bang her head against the wall repeatedly and jump out of the window. She hated learning material she already knew. I should've skipped class with Seraphina.

As she stared out the window, she couldn't help but let old memories resurface.

.

.

For as long as she could remember, she was always the best.

The most beautiful.

The smartest.

The most confident.

The strongest.

She was always the best.

-

"You're very lucky ma'am," the doctor informed Y/N's mother . "It is extremely rare for a child to be born with two abilities, much less such powerful ones that intertwine so wonderfully. Expect great things from her someday."

Y/N's mother grinned widely, pride gleaming noticably, "Thank you doctor. I'm honored to have such a special daughter." She then bent down to meet the tiny doe eyes of a young Y/N, "You hear that Y/N? You're going to do great things for this world someday. But remember, that no matter what, your family is here for you." Ruffling her confused face lovingly, she stood back up and said goodbye to the doctor.

"Oh, just wait till I come back and tell your father the good news! We've both been so anxious that there was something wrong with your eyes, but it turns out you just have two abilities!"

Being at an innocent, young age, Y/N didn't understand what was so important or special about abilities. She didn't necessarily care, as long as her parents were happy then she was too.

-

Y/N tapped her foot impatiently, staring at the long line to use the slide. There were at least two dozen kids waiting, and it was taking forever for the line to move. This was pretty much a normal occurrence at Y/N's elementary school. Everyone usually raced to this slide since it was the only one on the playground during recess.

Why were kids so obsessed with this slide, you ask? Why can't they just run around and play with a ball or play Tag? Because they don't want to. Deal with it.

While Y/N was chatting about whatever the fuck elementary kids chat about, one of Y/N's teachers appeared next to her, smiling. Y/N's stopped talking and turned to her teacher in case she was given instruction. Her mom always taught her not to be a brat.

She was perplexed when her teacher grabbed a hold of her hand and guided her to the very front of the line. The kids who were waiting shouted complaints. There she was; The very front of the line. Usually, by the time she was near the front, recess was over. But now, she would have the chance to ride it after weeks of trying to get a good spot in line.

"Ms. Hizachi! How come you let Y/N cut in line! It's not fair!" One student shouted, bursts of agreement followed after.

"It's because Y/N is special everyone. She deserves to be at the front of the line. She shouldn't be waiting at the back. Take this as a life lesson my students, those who are special are always in front of you. It's a harsh world, but that's how it is. From now on, treat Y/N with the utmost respect. She will be your Queen when you reach middle school."

The students quieted down, absorbing the lesson they had just recieved. They stared at each other, but none wanted to speak out against their teacher.

One girl mumbled, "I guess...that makes sense. Y/N does get the best grades and she's the strongest out of all of us..." It took a moment, but soon everyone started mumbling agreements.

From then on, Y/N was first to go down the slide everyday.

-

Y/N grinned victoriously, face in a stuck up look. Her followers cheered wildly, celebrating her undefeated streak."She really did it! She took out 20 kids from the rival school without breaking a sweat! Even the entire roster from Wa@!ington Middle School was defeated! Y/N is really that amazing!" Her ego swelled tremendously, taking in all the compliments.

"Our Y/N L/N is the strongest of them all! With her as our Queen, Edgewood be known as the #1 middle school in the whole country- no world!"

"Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!" They chanted her name. Y/N bathed in the glory, enjoying the attention and love she recieved. Nobody bothered to check on the injured, who were all lying still on the floor. Nobody except a shy girl with H/C hair, Y/N's little sister. She was worried that some might be critically injured and needed medical assistance, but knew that her sister would be angry with her for helping a rival school. Her tiny fists clenched, thinking of how ruthless and merciless her older sister was becoming.

With a small smirk, Y/N walked up to the King and Queen of the rival middle school and spat in their faces. Taunting them further, she added with a small pout, "Not so tough now, are we?" She then proceeded to kick the broken ankle of the King, laughing when he screamed. She enjoyed feeling others cower before her.

"I will always be the best."

-

"Hey weak bitch! Where do you think you're going?" A girl called out to S/N, who froze at the voice. She pleaded that she heard wrong and that it was someone else. She turned around slowly to reveal her tormentors, four girls who toyed with her often. Usually it was only teasing or mocking, and maybe a shove here or there, never too serious. Unfortunately, the leader looked to be in a horrible mood, eyes with heavy bags and eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't think I forgot that little stunt you pulled yesterday bitch! Now I have a suspension thanks to you!" The head of the girls slapped S/N hard using her strengthening ability, making her slam into the lockers and slide onto the floor.

"Just because your sister is Queen, doesn't mean you can go around doing whatever you want! You're just a useless low-tier! It's a wonder why your family doesn't disown you! You're just a shadow for Y/N!" She screeched. S/N felt knives stabbing her heart.

The words hurt, and they hurt even more because it was true. She was just a stupid low tier while her sister was at the top of the food chain. Y/N was better than her in every way yet her parents still loved and treated them equally. Why? She thought. Was it because they just felt bad for her? Did they really love her just as much as Y/N?

"What the fuck is going on here?" A cold voice interrupted. All of the girls felt their blood run cold, they could all recognize that voice anywhere.

"Y-Y/N?" S/N stuttered, fear lacing her words. This is bad. S/N thought in her head. Things are always bad when she's in a bad mood.

Y/N eyes darkened upon seeing her younger sister with bruises on her face and blood running down the side of her forehead. "Who the fuck did this to my sister?" Walking towards the girl who stood directly in front of S/N. She grabbed her chin roughly and forced her to answer, "I said, who was it?!"

Y/N was seething with rage. Who did they think they were to disrespect her by hurting her sister? What would her peers think when they hear that she couldn't even keep her own flesh and blood from harm? The sad thing was she was more concerned about what others would think of her instead of her sister's being.

Driven by their terror, the other three girls shakily pointed their fingers to the leader who paled.

"I'm going to kill you all."

-

(A/N: eye- yall gonna have to bare with me. I have no idea how court cases go, so- )

"Four girls were all knocked unconscious. Two girls have multiple bones broken in several places that will take many months to fully recover, even with medical tonics. One girl is suffering from severe mental trauma, along with permanent damage to her throat due to excessive choking. However, the last girl seems to have it the worst. Not only is she suffering multiple physical and mental damages, she has fallen into a coma, flatlining and having an almost death experience a total of 2 times. The doctors predict she will awaken within a span of 5 years if she survives."

The courtroom erupted into murmurs, everyone startled at the impact a middle schooler could do to girls her fellow peers.

The prosecutor continued, "This is unacceptable behavior for a 13 year old, or anyone for that matter. The fact that she continued to beat the girls even when they were unconscious shows that she had no regard for their lives or health. She even proceeded to slap her own sister and kicked her a few times to the point where she started spitting blood. This is not the first case of extreme violence Y/N was exhibited, far from it. We have investigated many staff members at Edgewood Middle School who have claimed that Y/N has always hurt others to a malicious extent. Even the principal was afraid to speak up because of her tendencies."

Y/an sat silently, slumped on the chair with her hands cuffed together. She didn't necessarily feel bad, only annoyed at the fact that she was forced to go to court in the first place. Maybe she felt a bit bad about hurting her sister, but then again it was her fault for being so pathetic.

"The defender may proceed to defend the offender."

Y/N's defender cleared his throat and stood up tall, "Y/N hasn't always been a trouble child. It was due to others around her that she was corrupted into this violent behavior. While the extent of the injuries was unjustifyable, Y/N has stated and has been proven correct, that she had only attacked them due to the fact that they were hurting her sister, S/N. We as a society are to blame. There is no excuse for why she attacked her own sister afterwards aside from the fact she was overriden by emotions. She pleads guilty, but we ask for her verdict to not serve time at the juvenile detention center, but at a reformation center to redirect her mindset. She has a bright future and a lot of potential, so we ask you, the jury, to let her fulfill her destiny. Statement closed."

"The court will now take a short recess and recollect for the final verdict," The judge declared.

Y/N sighed. She just wanted to go home. These people were ridiculous. They wouldn't do shit to her because she was too valuable to society. She would like to see them try. She turned her head around to see her parents and sister sitting behind her.

She frowned when she noticed her parents trembling. They looked on the verge of tears, holding onto each other as if they were going to collapse. Y/N saw S/N hiding behind them, head wrapped with bandages. She looked terrified, not being able to even look at Y/N in the eye.

What were they all so afraid for? It's not like she murdered anyone.

Had what she done really that bad that they couldn't even look at her? She stared at her restrained hands that disabled her from using her abilities.

Why..?

Why..is everyone looking at her like she's some kind of..monster?!

I...didn't do anything wrong!

I didn't do anything wrong!!

-

"The jury has come to a final agreement. Y/N must spend as much time as needed, whether it be 1 month, 1 year, or 10 years, at the Seoul Reformation Center where she will receive readjustment courses by a specialist in children deliquents. She will also be prohibited from seeing her sibling S/N, as requested by said sibling, until she has successfully completed her readjustment courses. Case dismissed."

This is bullshit!! Y/N shouted in her head in retaliation. They can't just send me away to some stupid center and change me to how they see fit! I don't need some dumb readjustment course! I'm fine the way I am!

She lost her train of thought when she finally met her sister's eyes.

Nothing.

Just cold, bare fear.

That was the look that would haunt Y/ N for the rest of her life.

●●●

Idk how tf I'm going to do the later chapters where John starts using his ability. I want Y/N to be the main focus in the story, so should I just make Y/N the masked person going around beating ppl up instead of John?? Or make BOTH of them masked ass-beaters and they work together a duo? Hmm.. Or I could make Y/N someone who goes AGAINST John, but doesn't know it's him behind the mask? What do you guys think??

I'm high key pretty desperate for opinions and thoughts so if you have time please feel free to comment

Random question: who is your favorite unOrdinary character?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.1K 1.1K 13
Angel Doe is the epitome of childish. She never lost control like her twin brother, John Doe. In fact, she was the one who stopped him from killing a...
190K 5.1K 63
What if John hadn't learned from the Readjustment Facility? What if, instead, he felt a need for revenge on all who wronged him. What if, he came ba...
27.5K 933 32
(This story takes place in an alternate universe from the world of UnO, where the Royals of Wellston High are now the royals of the kingdom of Wellst...
6.4K 373 39
A young man with a mystery had been enrolled in a top school. After a life full of pain, and darkness held deeper down, he would have to come to term...