π™·πšŽπšŠπš›πš, π™Όπš’πš—πš π™°πš—πš οΏ½...

By Madame_Diamond

||Ninjago x Reader|| We miss what we've lost, then forget what we have... You have lost your memories, they a... More

Chapter 1: Aches Of Amnesia
Chapter 2: Wandering Days
Chapter 3: Home
Chapter 4: Junkyard Brawl
Chapter 5: Never Trust So Easily
Chapter 6: Just A Can Of Peanuts
Chapter 7: Make An Enemy Into Your Friend
Chapter 8: King Of Snakes
Chapter 9: Mechanical Heart
Chapter 10: Spark
Chapter 11: Harmonize
Chapter 12: The Royal Blacksmiths
Chapter 13: New Roommate
Chapter 15: All Or Nothing
Chapter 16: Rise Of The Devourer
Chapter 17: Giant Snake Problem
Chapter 18: The Fall Of The Great Devourer
Chapter 19: Starting From The Bottom
Chapter 20: What You Have Is What You Need
Chapter 21: Dareth
Chapter 22: Yar, There Be Pirates
Chapter 23: Pirates Vs Ninja
Chapter 24: The Cake Is A Lie
Chapter 25: Double Trouble
Chapter 26: Ninjaball Run
Chapter 27: Child's Play
Chapter 28: Wrong Place
Chapter 29: Wrong Time
Chapter 30: Unresolved Wounds
Chapter 31: Stone Army Uprising
Chapter 32: Voyage To Sea
Chapter 33: Lighthouse In The Storm
Chapter 34: Preparation
Chapter 35: Lights That Shine In A Dark Place
Chapter 36: Countdown
Chapter 37: Loss Of Color
Chapter 38: Dawn Of A New Era
Chapter 39: Resurgence
Chapter 40: The Silent Fist
Chapter 41: Off The Grid
Chapter 42: Broken Bonds
Chapter 43: Golden Curse
Chapter 44: Digitalize
Chapter 45: Time Spent Together
Chapter 46: Among The Stars
Chapter 47: Titanium Heart
Chapter 48: Clockwork Heart
Chapter 49: Lost And Found
Chapter 50: Outsiders
Chapter 51: Meeting Of Old Friends
Chapter 52: Skepticism
Chapter 53: This Is How We Play The Game
Chapter 54: Raising The Stakes
Chapter 55: Black And Blue
Chapter 56: The Roundabout
Chapter 57: Nothing To See
Chapter 58: Everything Is Not What It Seems
Chapter 59: Regrets And Apologies
Chapter 60: The Unknown Element
Chapter 61: Where Your Loyalties Lie
Chapter 62: Only One Remained
Chapter 63: Stuck In The Present
Chapter 64: Serendipity At Its Finest
Chapter 65: It's A Start In The Right Direction
Chapter 66: Money Under The Table
Chapter 67: Twist And Turn Of Events
Chapter 68: Winds of Change
Chapter 69: Where Various Paths Collide
Chapter 70: Follow The Wind
Chapter 71: Weep Not For Roads Untravelled

Chapter 14: Light The Flame

12.9K 498 705
By Madame_Diamond

Song Quote: Check It Out
"I'm in a Sweet Spot I'm Feeling Good
The Sun is Shining, I Knew, It would.
The World's a Playground I Mean the Clouds. Let Me Show You, What It's all About. Check it Out I'm Gonna Light it Up I'm Gonna Light it Up
Check it Out"
~~~

Your Pov:
Dialing the contact in your phone you listened it go straight to voicemail once again. You could feel your features fall from hopeful to disappointment.
You wondered if it is even worth trying to contact this Rachel anymore. Questions circling your mind under the curse of free will with no destination in mind.

Amidst your thoughts you wandered into the bridge and an alert on the big screen popped up with word from Zane's Falcon. Setting your mental luggage aside you focused on the urgent matter at hand.

Turning on your heel you stood at the door calling to the ninja beckoning them and anyone else listening to come over.

Moments later you heard sets of footsteps rush into the room. Cole took his place at the wheel while you typed at the computer bringing up the live feed.

"Argh, Kai was supposed to keep watch" Jay growled turning on his heel rushing out of the room to alert everyone. Lloyd walked in casually as the blue ninja zoomed past him. He looked up at the screen that showed the fire temple you recognized.

"So...It's a volcano?" Lloyd said aloud tilting his head to the side as you nodded looking at the sight with distaste.

"Of course it had to be fire" You thought grumbling to yourself as a shiver went up your spine at the sight of fire and smoke.

Others rushed into the room gathering watching the large screen. "Looks like Pythor is at the temple of fire" Nya said aloud gesturing to the site.

"That means the fangblade is there" Kai noted with eyes keen on the screen. One look and you could tell something was burning in that stove head of his. If he doesn't cool it something or someone will get burned.

"That's the same fire temple where Kai, Lord Garmadon and (Y/n) first faced off" Jay added in taking a glance at you. "You were there right?" he asked and you gave him a stiff nod as it wasn't one of your best moments. That night you first encountered Kai was when your mind was still fresh to the world. Of course nobody knows except Zane and Lloyd.

"If my memory serves me correct, I'd say one of us cheated back when we last fought" Kai hissed sending a glare at Lord Garmadon. Nya shook her head facepalming at her brother. 

"And I remember someone needing their Sensei to save them" Garmadon retorted hissing venom at the fire ninja as tensions grew between the two.

"Guys! For the sake of the fangblade can we just get along?" Cole shouted over his shoulder at the two while steering the bounty.

Lloyd walked up to his father grabbing one of his four arms "Please don't fight" he asked frowning at both of them for how they are acting.

Breaking up the tension everyone turned their attention back to the screen. "Since the last time we've been there, it looks like the volcano has grown unstable" Nya explained "The place is a powder keg waiting to blow up. This will be a highly combustible environment."

"Oh great, just what I like. Fighting armed and deadly snakes in a highly combustible environment about to blow up" Jay said aloud with a sigh voicing clear loathing for what's to come.

"Sounds festive" You added in sarcastically as your mouth grew dry as if your lungs were filled with smoke just from looking at the smoke.

"We will do what we must" Sensei Wu affirmed to his students with solemnness in his tone.

Zane nodded tilting his head inquiring "Yes sensei but where are our weapons?"

Kai shot his head scanning the room "And why is Lord Garmadon not here?" he voiced with concern rushing out of the room in a hurry.

It had been a bit after the fire ninja rushed out of the room. Neither Lord Garmadon or Kai have come back. Everyone left the bridge walking the halls looking for the two, hoping neither were up to any trouble.

"Kai? Are you in here?" Nya called out to her brother growing suspicious as you heard the sounds of fighting in one of the rooms. She jumped when one door slammed shut running over trying to open it.

"What are you doing?!" She exclaimed tugging frantically at the doorknob but it was jammed.

"I'm discovering my True Potential!" Kai yelled from behind the door as he was thrown into a wall making a ruckus.

Nya stepped aside letting Jay to try and open the door. "The door won't budge!" he exclaimed ramming his body against the door but it refused to budge.

"Kai thinks he'll unlock his power if he stands up to Lord Garmadon" Nya explained with urgency and worry in her voice.

"Why would he think that?" Zane inquired putting the pieces together as his frown deepened.

"He thinks he is the Green Ninja!" Nya snapped flinching as she heard her brother being tossed around inside the room.

"If we don't open this door soon, I think he's gonna be mincemeat! Stand back!" Cole yelled as he activated his special powers "Earth!"

Cole kicked down the door with ease and everyone ran in. Lloyd staying right behind you clutching onto the edge of your jacket. Kai stood in the middle of the room with Garmadon at his feet.

"I defeated him! I did it!" Kai exclaimed panting from exhaustion but held his arms up victoriously. "Are my eyes glowing? Did I unlock my powers? Is this my true potential?" He asked waiting to feel the immense power flowing through his veins. But alas, nothing happened"Why isn't it working?" the fire ninja hissed in frustration.

"Because you can't defeat someone who allowed himself to be defeated" Wu answered his student as he went to his brother's aid.

Garmadon managed to sit himself up adding in "I wasn't going to hurt you boy, I was only fetching your weapons." He let off a low growl as Lloyd left your side to help him.

"Dad! Are you okay?" The young boy asked with worry in his voice earning some reassurance from his father and a comforting pat on the head.

"You were trying to steal them!" Kai retorted his temper getting the better of him.

"I asked him to get them" Wu interrupted adding "Perhaps it is best you do not reach your true potential, or else someone could get hurt."

"Way to go hero" Cole remarked as the three ninja sent a look at Kai.

Kai met your intense stare faltering a bit looking down in shame. You let out a sigh digging your hands into your pockets thinking of the two sides at work that fueled his actions.

The flying ship started to rumble and shake the floorboards under your feet. "Sounds like we've reached our destination" Cole stated turning to leave the room followed by you and the others.

Looking out past the deck the Bounty was docked at the base of an active volcano. Smoke pouring out the top of the mountain darkened the skies in a haze. Lava seeped out from the top to the pool of fire below the bridge to the temple.

"The fire temple" Cole announced looking out to the destination of their current objective.

Everyone began to prepare for what's to come. Having nothing else on hand you stood there waiting for the ninja staring at the flames finding yourself lost in their brilliant red glow.

You could feel the heat on your skin like it was burning you up from the inside out yet it wasn't anywhere near you. It is the mere sight of the lava bursting to flames by a fallen tree branch putting you off. Something so miniscule making you tense and sweat.

You jumped a bit snapping out of it as a small cool gentle hand grabbed your wrist "What's wrong?" Lloyd asked with worry on his face. You straightened yourself trying to put aside your dread.

"Nothing" You replied with a poker face that the young boy didn't buy.

"Are you scared of fire?" he finally asked noting "That would explain why you don't like Kai."

That's a really basic way of putting it. Last time you were at this very fire temple you and the fire ninja didn't start off on good terms. In all truth you two just don't talk and neither party tries to.

Fire and smoke do put you into a tense state of distress at times.
But every time you've been around a flame it has always been utilized to cause harm. Campfires are fine since you usually keep them small and manageable.

The boy frowned at your silence holding your hand tightly refusing to let go. "I'm coming with you. I am not afraid, we'll do this together." Lloyd reassured with a strong  grin.

A smile formed underneath your mask touched by the kindness in his adamant eyes. However your intuition said otherwise. Kneeling down to his level you put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Not this time. You have to stay here where you will be safe" you told the young boy. "The volcano could erupt at any time. If I know you're here then my mind will be put at ease..."

~~~

With your mask covering half of your face, you kept an unyielding resolve. You followed behind Sensei Wu, the ninja and Lord Garmadon crossing the bridge into the fire temple. 

"The volcano seems to be on the verge of eruption guys, all recent indicators tell me that this place is becoming increasingly fragile. Even the smallest rupture can make the whole thing go off" Nya explained over the radio communication.

"Wow that's so comforting..." You thought to yourself with a grumble as heat emanated from the lava in the air.

"We must not use our weapons" Sensei Wu told the ninja to sheath their golden elemental weapons.

The black, blue and white ninja agreed complying as they put their weapons away while Kai hesitated. "Kai..." Nya seethed over the communications waiting for him to sheath as well.

"Fine." he hissed and put the sword away "Only because I wouldn't want anything to prevent us from getting the Fangblade."

"Please stay safe..." Lloyd voiced over the communication before it went silent.

The group made it to a cave entrance gesturing to the path ahead. "There, the Serpentine must be inside the inner core. From here on out we travel by shadows" Sensei Wu ordered.

You heard Garmadon mutter almost sinisterly: "It's the only way I know how..."

You made it to the inner core and looked down beyond the ledge to see serpentine chattering about as they dug for the fangblade. When the blade was found Pythor held it up "The third Fangblade is ours!" He roared accompanied by the cheers and excitement of his underlings.

The group slowly and quietly descended creeping closer and closer until Pythor noticed the group's presence in the reflection of the silver blade.

"Attack!" He roared as the Serpentine charged to attack in your direction. Swarming around the group brandishing their weapons,

"Light as a leaf, attack like there is no tomorrow!" Wu said aloud charging ahead into the skirmish.

The group of seven dispersed in all directions fighting off the threatening Serpentine. As you punched and kicked you balanced yourself upon the platforms knocking down and incapacitating whoever was before you.

Your breathing grew sporadic with each violent movement. Your lungs crying out as the heat of the volcano took your breath away. Keeping your focus you tried to shake off the shakiness of your fists that collided with another's face.

Out if the corner of your eye Kai was surrounded by snakes. Unable to defend himself and having growl reliant on his power he unsheathed his golden sword.

The lava of the volcano below your feet let out a burst of orange light as the flames of his sword roared in his hands. "The absolute fool" you growled as lava splashed up onto the stone platforms you balanced on.

"Kai the weapon is compromising our safety" Nya's voice called out.

"I will do what I must..." Kai muttered to himself hissing with persistence on a bigger goal.

"Let's get out of here!" Pythor yelled "But not before we leave them a parting gift..." He smirked devilishly. Three snakes drilled holes into the ground causing lava to flow up filling the pool of fire below.

The volcano walls shook as the lava rose. Rocks fell from above as the volcano rumbled with rage like a soda ready to burst the cap open.

"They're making the volcano more unstable!" Zane yelled with great alarm.

Jay whipped his head around adding with urgency "Any minute this place is gonna blow, we have to get out of here!" 

"Don't have to tell me twice, let's go!" You yelled as the platform under your feet grew unstable.

Jay and Sensei Wu started to climb up to get away while Zane and Cole and Garmadon followed behind. "Not without the Fangblade!" Kai yelled and charged up the stairs after the Serpentine.

"Come back it's too dangerous!" Cole called to the flame ninja "This whole place is going to explode!"

"Then I better be quick..." Kai replied making you huff under your breath.

"Keep going!" You told the others and helped boost Zane and Cole up onto the wall. Once everyone was up above you started to climb up on your own despite the walls of the volcano shaking tremendously.

"Leave it Kai! It's not worth your life!" Jay called out to the hardheaded porcupine.

"Not without that Fangblade!" He retorted running as fast as he could. The stone platform above began to crumble right as you were about to pull yourself up.

You took a leap of faith jumping off the wall to grab onto anything. The five up there tried to grab you but your feeble jump fell short.

You tumbled down onto a rock below drifting around over the lava. All around your feet was bright red. Looking up the others were gone and the exit was covered by fallen rocks. 

Rocks were falling from above splashing in the lava as the world around you rumbled. You tried to move out of the way but one came down atop your leg anchoring it in place. Your vision began to grow hazy as you scanned the vicinity for an exit. Your legs refused to move as air refused to enter your lungs.

"Kai...Help..." You choked out clutching your hand to your chest where your heart refused to calm itself. Frustration piled in your throat outweighing the panic that coursed through you.

 "I have to get it..." He muttered reaching for the Fangblade not hearing you at all. "Why won't my power unlock?!" He exclaimed in utter frustration.

You ripped off your mask taking in the hot air into your lungs. You projected your voice loud enough for him to hear with all you could muster.

"Everything is crumbling! Don't die trying to prove yourself! Live to protect!" You shouted to him getting the fire ninja's attention as you both locked eyes. "You will never be the Green Ninja but you are the Fire one!"

"At least that's something" you finished finally striking a cord as you could see the shift in his demeanor.

He made a split second decision ditching the silver blade jumping over to your platform.
"Let's go!" He exclaimed you as he moved the rock off of your leg.

A sharp pain ran through your nerves as you were unable to walk. Kai carried you on his back as his eyes darted around for an exit.

Lava splashed rising around you both in a wall of fire. Kai's body began to glow a bright orange light as you both were protected by a glowing ball of fire.

The fire ninja lifted you both out of the rupturing volcano. The power around you both created a protective sun. Flames that didn't burn, they were a soothing warmth you've never felt before.
"You are something" You smirked faintly staring into his glowing eyes with your (e/c) ones.

Kai floated you both over to the Destiny's Bounty landing right on the deck. He let you down gently as the power around his body roared like a brilliant flame. And like one, he burned out as the immense power left his body, Kai collapsed right next to you.

Lloyd's ran at you wrapping his arms around you with concern "(Y/n)..." he cried into your shoulder.

You could feel your breathing start to calm as you lifted a shaky hand to his head. "I'm alright bud" you gave him a reassuring smile that wavered

He pulled away and you could see the frightened tears in his eyes. Feeling a pang of guilt you tried to calm him down but to no avail he clung onto your jacket as he wiped his face.

You tried to move but your left leg refused. Your nerves screaming with every rugged movement. "What's wrong?" Jay asked as you struggled to get up as weariness anchored you down.

"My leg..." You hissed as Lloyd stepped away letting Cole kneel down before you. He helped you stand leaning on him as everyone gathered in the bridge. He helped you sit down grabbing a first aid kit to examine what is wrong. Nya joined him helping as well to tend to your injury with Lloyd hovering with worry.

"How did you two survive?" Zane asked you and Kai looking to the fire ninja "How did you discover the key to unlocking your powers?"

"(Y/n) yelled at me and I snapped out of it..." The fire ninja replied scratching the back of his head looking in your direction. "I realized that all my training was to be the best fire ninja I can be, so that we can protect the chosen one."

Kai and the others stared at Lloyd only for him to turn around tilting his head confused  blurting out "Wait, what?" 

"Just like how (Y/n) protects Lloyd, we play the same role" Kai added in realization as the ninja took their golden weapons to hold before him.

The four weapons combined floated before Lloyd glowing green confirming Kai's intuition. "Lloyd is the green ninja" Sensei Wu said aloud "I thought it would be one of you but it was him the entire time."

"It all makes sense..." he awed aloud "Not only have you four been chosen to protect the golden weapons but to also protect the chosen one."

Garmadon smile dropped frowning in realization "That means..."

"The battle lines been drawn brother, sadly our family has become more divided" Sensei Wu replied "Brother Vs Brother, and now Son Vs Father"

A serious silence filled the room as Lloyd stared at his father sadly. Cole and Nya were finishing up wrapping your left ankle as it was sprained. You stood wobbly embracing the young boy to comfort him.

"Yeah this is very serious and all but whatever happened to the Fangblade?!" Jay interrupted.

~~~

After everyone went their separate ways Kai and Lloyd helped you back to your shared bedroom. 

"Sorry for not listening to you" The fire ninja broke the silence as he helped you walk.

"That's right" you replied freeing your left arm from Lloyd and punched Kai in the side bitterly.

"Ow, fine I guess I deserve it..." he sighed with his head a bit low.

"I understand why you were like that though" you sighed as Lloyd opened the door to your bedroom as Kai helped you walk inside.

"It's natural to want to prove yourself and become someone great especially if you've ever felt helpless" You told him "But don't sacrifice what you already have in that pursuit."

Kai lowed you down allowing you to sit on your floor bed. He was taken aback by your words, like you could see right into his heart.

"How do you...?" His mouth was open at a loss of words.

You stared back at him shrugging "It was painfully obvious that's where your obsession stemmed from."

"Probably" He sighed hoping to put that past him from now on. "I'm gonna go rest. You two do the same."
The fire ninja headed to the door before turning back to you.

"Hey (Y/n)..." Kai got your attention one more time smiling gratefully at you for the first time ever.

"Thank you."

With a nod and wave the fire ninja closes the door behind him leaving you and Lloyd to rest after a stressful night turned early morning.

"Are you okay (Y/n)?" Lloyd asked looking at you with tired eyes as he sat on his bed.

"I'm fine" You reassured him lifting your left leg "It's just a sprain. It will heal soon."
This was an effort to hide the slight shivers that went across your skin. Thinking about what happened earlier still makes your heart pound.

The boy didn't reply instead he got off of his bed and kneeled next to yours.
"Can I sleep here with you?" Lloyd asked with a shaky voice.

Rolling over you got underneath the covers allowing him in.
Lloyd layed down next to you hugging you tightly. Everything from you seemingly not making it out of the fire temple and the green ninja destiny crashed around the young boy.

He didn't wail or anything. Just sulking in your arms until finally falling asleep.

Letting out a deep sigh you closed your eyes wishing to sleep and not think for a moment.

~~~

Author's Edit: September 28th 2020

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 334 14
Just random one-shots of you and Lloyd I promise it gets better Things to know: ---------- β€’ you and Cole are cousins β€’ you are the elemental mast...
57.8K 2.6K 68
Chapters 19-65 are rewritten(will edit/rewrite 1-18). Chapters greatly rewritten will have a "*" around the *title* so old readers can scroll to the...
1.1K 13 22
Long before time itself had a name the first dimension was forget by 18 elemental gods. but after a big corruption start to poison many of them and d...
718 38 28
"That's it?" Kai asked. Zane started thinking. "Well today, every time I looked at her I forgot I was a nindroid. She makes me feel normal and I lik...