ephemeral | unOrdinary x read...

By yoongicorn_93

In a hierarchical society, power determines everything. Those with great strength towered above all while the... More

note
β—‡1β—‡
β—‡2β—‡
β—‡3β—‡
β—‡5β—‡
β—‡6β—‡
β—‡7β—‡
β—‡8β—‡
β—‡9β—‡
β—‡10β—‡
β—‡11β—‡
β—‡12β—‡
β—‡13β—‡
β—‡14β—‡
β—‡15β—‡
β—‡16β—‡
β—‡17β—‡
β—‡18β—‡
β—‡19β—‡
β—‡20β—‡
β—‡21β—‡
β—‡22β—‡
β—‡23 β—‡
β—‡24 β—‡
β—‡25 β—‡
β—‡ 26 β—‡
β—‡ 27 β—‡
β—‡ 28 β—‡
β—‡29β—‡
β—‡30β—‡
β—‡31β—‡
β—‡32β—‡
β—‡33β—‡
β—‡34β—‡
β—‡35 β—‡
β—‡36 β—‡
β—‡37β—‡
β—‡38β—‡
β—‡39β—‡
β—‡40β—‡
β—‡41β—‡
β—‡42β—‡
β—‡43β—‡
β—‡44β—‡
β—‡45β—‡
β—‡46β—‡
β—‡47β—‡
β—‡48β—‡
β—‡49β—‡
β—‡50β—‡
β—‡51β—‡
β—‡52β—‡
β—‡53β—‡
β—‡54β—‡

β—‡4β—‡

13.1K 520 1.3K
By yoongicorn_93

Chapter 4

John and Seraphina eventually woke up. Actually, John had woken up earlier in the morning and had came back after a walk outside. Y/N figured this happened after she went back to sleep.

After a quick breakfast, Y/N thanked John and said goodbye to the two. She grabbed her phone and started riding her bike back to her apartment. I feel like I'm forgetting something... whatever. Fortunately, John lived fairly close to her apartment, only being a 20 minute bike ride.

Once she got home, she changed into her pajamas and grabbed a 16 - serving size bag of chips out of the cabinet. Flopping onto the couch dramatically, she started her binge session of dramas. Best way to spend my Sunday indeed.

Around 2 hours of watching dramas and being a fatass later, she got a call from Seraphina. I forgot I gave her my number last night.

"Hey Y/N," She greeted.

"Hey Seraphina, what's up?" Y/N replied while stuffing her mouth with Sour Cream and Cheddar chips.

"You forgot your shopping bags at John's house this morning. On my way out, I accidentally took your bags since it was right next to mine. I know you said you lived near Wellston, and I live in the Wellston Dorms, so swing by whenever you're free to get your stuff."

Bruh. I knew I forgot something.

"Is it okay if I go there now? I'm not busy anyways," Y/N asked.

"Yeah, sure. My room is on the top floor, room 193." (A/n: I made that number up btw)

"K. Thanks. I'll see you soon."

Y/N groaned and slapped herself in annoyance. Not like I have anything better to do anyways. Changing into a T-shirt and jeans, she took her phone and rushed outside to her bike once more. She was grateful she had chosen an apartment that was only 5 minutes away from Wellston and the dorms.

Once she reached the girl's dorms, she went to the elevator and pressed the top button. She arrived at the floor and was impressed at how nice everything was. No wonder this is the top school around here. Maybe I should move into the dorms..

..Naw, I'm too broke.

Y/N walked through the hall until she found room 193. Knocking on the door three times, she waited patiently for someone to answer. She stumbled back at the sight of the person who opened the door.

This bitch?! Elaine and Y/N thought in unison at the sight of each other.

"What are you doing here?" Y/N accused.

"I live here!" Elaine fired back. "I should be asking you that question!"

"I'm here for Seraphina," Y/N crossed her arms. Elaine narrowed her eyes at Y/N suspiciously.

"How do you know Seraphina?"

"I'm too tired for this. Just get Seraphina please," Y/N pinched the bridge of her nose, exasperated.

"Fine. Seraphina! There's someone here who claims to know you!" Elaine yelled into the dorm room. Seraphina appeared at the door shortly after.

"Hey Y/N. You got here quick," Seraphina opened the door to allow y/N in.

"Yeah, I said I lived close, didn't I?" Y/N smiled.

"How do you two know each other?" Elaine said, confused.

"It's none of your business Elaine," Seraphina rolled her eyes. "Your stuff is in my room, c'mon." Y/N followed closely behind Seraphina, but not before sticking her tongue out childishly at Elaine because she is a petty bitch.

Seraphina's room was simple, but nice. There was a purple bed along with a dresser against the wall. There were among other things, but unfortunately, I, the author, could not see them due to the close up views in the webtoon. *cough* Anyways...

"You put the bear here?" Y/N gestured to the teddy bear Seraphina had won yesterday at the mall that was now sitting on her dresser.

"Yeah."

There was suddenly knocking on her door. Seraphina frowned, and opened it to reveal a tall guy with messy blonde hair and blue eyes. His smirk was practically oozing with asshole-ness.

Who this dude? Y/N thought to herself.

"Arlo.."

"Hey," Arlo said with the same smirk. "You look beautiful to-"

"No," Seraphina cut him off, already about to slam the door on his face.

"Wait-! At least hear me out!" This guy, Arlo, pleaded.

Love me some juicy drama. Y/N thought.

"...Go on," Seraphina said reluctantly.

"We were challenged to a turf wars six hours from now. We're down a member, so we need you to substitute as Queen."

Y/N abruptly choked and coughed on her nonexistent water when she heard this. Hearing about turf wars and 'Queens' made bad memories resurface in her mind. She clenched the bedsheets tightly.

Arlo had finally noticed her existence. He furrowed his eyebrows at Y/N's figure, "Who is this Seraphina? I've never seen her around before." Y/N could tell by the way he was staring at her that he was questioning the strange appearance of her eye colors.

"That's Y/N, transfer student at Wellston. She's my new friend. Is that a problem?" She stared up at Arlo as if challenging him to say something bad about Y/N.

"...Not at all."

"Anyways, I'm not interested in turf was, so bye-"

"Seriously?! I know it's boring for you, but as Wellston's true Queen, it's your responsibility. I've been running the show for a while now, but today I need a Queen."

Woah, Seraphina's the true Queen? Tea. Y/N sat silently during their conversation.

"Where's Remi? Why isn't she going?" Seraphina asked.

"She had to go home for the week. Family emergency."

Seraphina stayed silent, still contemplating her decision. Arlo noticed this and decided to add, "You won't have to fight those weaklings, the Jack and I will handle everything. You can just sit back and watch the show."

"I'll go on one condition." Seraphina offered.

"If Y/N can come with us."

- - -

6 hours later...

The H/C female stood stiff next to Seraphina on the fast, moving train. Sitting on one of the seats of the train was a passive Arlo with a sleeping Elaine on the other side. Standing next to Elaine was a red haired male, Blyke, if she remembered correctly, the one who she met a few days ago that flew out of a wall in front of her. He didn't seem to recognize Y/N as he was peacefully listening to music on his phone.

She was surprised Seraphina requested her to come with them to turf wars, and even more surprised when Arlo accepted the condition. It had been a long time since she went to one of them...

When she had asked Seraphina why she asked her to tag along, she merely shrugged and replied, "It would be boring without you." Y/N lowkey melted into a puddle of awe because she never thought someone would like her stupid ass.

Soon they arrived in a vast, sandy area, facing four other individuals that Y/N learned were from the rival school, Agwin.

"Look who finally showed up, Wellston." The male Y/N assumed was the King said.

"It's been a while Broven. How've you been?" Arlo said with his condescending smirk. Man, all this guy does is radiate asshole energy. Is he really the King of Wellston?

"Cut the crap Arlo! You're the one who challenged us. At least have the decency to show up on time!" At that statement, Y/N and Seraphina perked up, both realizing Arlo had lied. Okay, so he's a whole asshole and a whole liar.

The two Kings walked up to each other, meeting in the middle. Broven glared, "What's your motive? Wellston has no reason to instigate a turf war."

"I heard you guys just recruited a new Queen, is all. Word is you haven't lost with her on your roster yet. I wanted to see her in action." It was then did Y/N really examine the opposing team to see a girl with a pointed look and long silver hair. She must be the Queen.

"How do you wanna settle this? One-on-one or three-on-three?" Broven asked.

"One-on-one."

Broven glanced back at Wellston's team, "Looks like you switched up your team as well. Who are those girls? You know they both can't participate right?"

"Oh, that's Seraphina!" Arlo said way too excitedly. "She's actually a returning veteran."

Realization seemed to hit like a truck on Broven's face as he began to sweat. Damn, Seraphina must've done some scary shit before to traumatize these people. Why do I feel like a proud mother?

Broven cleared his throat, trying to hide his nervousness, "Who's the other chick with the weird eyes?"

"That's just Seraphina's friend." I have a name, but thanks. "She won't be participating. She's only watching."

"Turf wars between Wellston and Agwin will now begin. Jacks, please take your positions. Whichever team knocks out the opponent's lineup will be victorious!"

Blyke and the other Jack stepped up, both their eyes glowing, preparing for battle. By some freaky 4th wall magic, both of their stats were shown on the side in a pentagon. That's some next level shit. Is nobody else seeing this sorcery?! Y/N screeched.

"And...FIGHT!"

Both raced at each other and threw a few attacks, trying to figure out each other's strengths and weaknesses. The guy from the other team jumped into the air and prepared to smash Blyke onto the ground. Blyke reacted quickly and used his energy beam to dodge it. He then created a large energy beam and aimed it at the blue haired guy. The beam hit his leg, blood dripping down it. Ouch, must've hurt. Y/N cringed.

"How would you know Y/N? YoU cAn bAreLy fEeL pAiN!!" The author questioned. Y/N ignored her existence just like everyone else.

The blue haired guy picked up massive rocks and threw them at Blyke, who smashed them with his energy beams. Using his speed, he appeared in front of the blue haired guy, who's face showed surprise.

Just as Blyke was about to throw an attack in close range, the King for Agwin called the match to a stop. "This round's winner is clear. The victory goes to you guys." He called back his teammate to get his leg healed.

Next up was Wellston's Jack and Agwin's Queen.

"...BEGIN!"

Blyke started with an immediate attack, but Agwin's Queen only stood still, taking the attack, making Blyke stare in confusion. Once the smoke cleared up, it revealed massive claws coming from her body.

This is the type of shit I see in my sleep paralysis. Y/N gawked, internally creeped out by this girl's ability.

Blyke had difficulty dodging the claws as they relentlessly attacked him. It was even more difficult when she summoned more claws. He suffered the impact of more attacks before he was finally tossed to the ground.

Seraphina glared questionably at Arlo, angry that he wouldn't call Blyke in even though his defeat was obvious. Even Y/N was uncomfortable at this almost one-sided match.

"Enough," Seraphina finally said.  Preach! "The win is yours this round." She told Elaine to heal the bruised and bleeding Blyke. So her ability is healing, huh? Y/N tilted her head.

Seraphina was about to step into the fight, but Arlo stopped her. "No. I told you Blyke and I will take care of this. You will sit back and watch."

Agwin's Queen high-fived her teammates. "Be careful," Their King warned. "There's a reason why Wellston is ranked first in turf wars. They've never lost a fight."

"The score is one and one! The next match is between Wellston's King and Agwin's Queen! And....BEGIN!!"

Wasting no time, Agwin's Queen started attacking Arlo with her strange spider claw thingys. Arlo only smirked as they couldn't get through his barrier. She tried to get some height and find a weak point, but only ended up in scratches when she tried to attack his forcefield. Arlo trapped her in a barrier, causing her to panic.

"Aren't you supposed to be undefeatable?" He raised a cocky eyebrow.

She attempted to slap him, but only met air instead. He then grabbed her hand and started choking her. Y/N gasped in horror, feeling her body go white.

.

She wrapped her hand around another girl's throat as the girl wiggled around, gasping for air. Her body eventually fell limp, losing consiousness.

.

"Stop the fight! We've accepted this defeat!" Broven yelled. Arlo only ignored him and continued taunting the choking girl.

"That's it! I'm breaking her out of there!" One of the teammates from Agwin declared.

"Wait, you're not strong enough-!"

He failed, the barrier not budging one bit. Seraphina was about to speak up, but Y/N beat her to it.

"Arlo."

Everybody stared at her in shock, feeling shivers run down their spine at her dark tone.

"That's enough. Let her go," Y/N's hair shadowed over her right eye, nobody seeing the flickering glow that she hadn't ignited in years. They could only see her left eye glowing ominously.

"Who do you think you are? You're only here because you're Seraphina's friend. You have no right to order me around. I'm above you!" With that, he squeezed his victim's throat harder, nearly crushing it as her face scrunched up in agony.

Y/N didn't give a flying fuck anymore, charging towards his barrier with all her speed.

"Wait, Y/N-!!"

She couldn't bring herself to use her other ability. Not just after watching that scarily familiar scene from her past. Using her sheer power, she punched the barrier with all her might, not caring all the bones she shattered.

*CRACK*

"!!?"

She broke through Arlo's barrier! Everyone watched, dumbfounded.

She panted, it had mildly stung for a second before all her wounds and bones healed them self instantly. Arlo stumbled in surprise, releasing the girl, Rein, that he had been choking. Her teammates rushed over to her in a worry. The blonde male coughed up a spray of blood from his barrier being broken.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" He yelled.

"That's embarrasing," Broven snickered, a hint of underlying fear in his tone. "Someone not even on Wellston's roster beating the King."

Seraphina stepped up and stared down at him coldly, "The turf wars is still ongoing. Either forfeit, and accept your loss, or continue the fight, with me and Y/N as your next opponents."

"...Fine. You win."

The five of them boarded a train back to their homes, the atmosphere heavy. Elaine was healing Arlo's injuries while Blyke, Seraphina, and Y/N were playing on their phones in silence.

"Elaine," Arlo spoke. "Who the hell is Seraphina's friend and why has Seraphina been acting up lately?"

"I don't know much about Y/N. I tried to talk to her on her first day, but she totally snapped and was rude. I didn't think she was that strong either--to be able to break through your barrier is nearly impossible! As for Seraphina, it's all because of him. She used to be set on being perfect and everyone idolized her. But ever since she started hanging out with this cripple named John, she doesn't care about anything anymore!"

"I want you to keep a close eye on Seraphina from now on," He crossed his arms. "As for Y/N and John, I'll take care of them."

They do realize we're only sitting like two feet away and we're not deaf, right? Y/N deadpanned. She sighed, staring back at her phone.

I just wanted to eat junk and watch dramas on my couch.

●●●

Hello peeps. Any thoughts on the chapter? I posted another one as promised.

Yes, the first appearance of Assl- oops I meant Arlo.

I suck at fighting scenes djejxnsihd sorry guys. Also tysm for 100+ views already! ♡ yall are amazing ;)

See you next chapter!  ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 1.1K 13
Angel Doe is the epitome of childish. She never lost control like her twin brother, John Doe. In fact, she was the one who stopped him from killing a...
8.8K 319 24
It's just a normal day at Wellston when John's long lost sister shows up. She was taken by their mother so she could be trained and master her abilit...
54.4K 1.1K 23
It is senior year in the world of unOrdinary, and everything seems to be going well. New relationships are sprouting, and so is jealousy and rumors t...
111K 2.5K 33
It's been almost a year and a half since John's old friend Ash had moved to america for her fathers job, she left at the wrong time as a week latter...