Modern Marauders (Jily fanfic...

By lilytat

What I'm doing here is taking the Marauders' (James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter), Lily Evans', and Severus Snap... More

Intro
2) Notes From The Marauders Who Shall Be Murdered
3) Tuney Time
4) Deatheaters Wish My Sister A Happy Birthday
5) Daddy is Dead and So Is James
6) The Letter
7) Stupid Snape
8) Team Lily
9) Movie Time
10) Whispers
11) Wet Mop Disease
12) The First to Go
13) A Slave of the World
14) The Search and The Fight
15) The Plan(s)
16) Executing Said Plan
17) Surprises
18) The Return

1) The Quidditch Match Of Bromance And Broomance

8.6K 151 175
By lilytat

"Oh, come on, Lily! You've got to come!" One of my best mates, Alice shreiked gleefully. "It's the first game of the year! Everyone is going. You have to come!" I knew the only reason she wanted to go is because her huge crush, Frank Longbottom, was going to be there. The only reason I didn't want to go was because of James Potter. But if I did go, I'd have an excuse to avoid Severus.

"Please!" Marlene pleaded. "It will be so much fun!" She added.

"Yeah!" Mary said. "The three of us are going, but if you want to sit here and mope all day with that weird Snape guy, be our guest."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Fine! I'll go, but I'm bringing my book. Someone get me a Gryffindor scarf or something, it's getting cold out," I said quietly, trying despratley hard not to look at the girls and to focus on the Autumn leaves falling softly out the window.

--------------------------------------------------------------****------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm going to wish the team luck!" Frank Longbottom said. "Anyone coming?" He asked.

Remus Lupin and Peter Petigrew got up regrettingly. "I suppose we'd better," Peter said, as if it was a burden. "Sirius will kill us if we don't!"

Mary and Alice laughed, Marlene just rolled her eyes. "We'll come, I suppose," She said. "Not like we've got anything better to do. Come on, Lily, let's go before it's to late," She urged me. I stayed glued to the seat, my eyes wandering across the page of my book as I pretened to read so intently that I couldn't  hear a word they were saying. "Lily! I know you're not reading, get up!" She shouted.

I sighed and placed the book on my lap. "No, thank you. I'll save your seats so no one comes," I offered politley.

"Suits yourself," Remus muttered and began to walk away, scratching the back of his head.

"No. You're coming with us," Mary said, seizing my hand and tugging me along.

Now, I sighed because there wasn't anything else I could do as we apporached the team. Sirius smirked at us and James winked. They both walked over to us boastfully with their brooms in hand as if they were trophies or something. They reminded me of male gorillas trying to show their domenince with their chests stuck out and their chins held high.

"Oi, we came to wish you luck," Frank explianed, doing one of those muli-meaningful upwards headnods that guys do and that Marlene always goes insane for.

"Come to wish me luck, did you, Evans?" James asked, giving my a confident smirk, like he owned the place.

I frowned. "Bloody likely, Potter," I spat. "I simply came so Alice wouldn't trip over her feet staring at Frank's arse," I explianed smoothly, tucking a lock of red hair behind my ears. Both Alice and Frank turned bright red, but they deserved it. It wasn't exactly a lie after all!

James smirked and messed up his hair for the third time in the past five seconds. Even his small motions like that would annoy me. "Would you like to accompany me to Hogsemede this weekend?" He asked. Did I sense a tone of begging in his voice, or was that just me imagining things? I swore I heard a  bit of plead.

"Nope," I answered, popping the 'P'. "In fact, I've got a date. Fancy that, Potter."

"No you haven't!" James argued, his eyebrows furred togther.

This sign ofr aggrivation made me smile. "Yes, I have," I dared, the smirk on my face growing larger. "And much unlike the past dates I've tried to go on, you can't sabbotage this one."

"Is that so, Evans?"

"It is indeed, Potter?"

"And why is that, Evans?"

"That is because you don't know who my date is," I smiled. "And I'm going off campus to meet him."

"Liar!"

"I must not tell lies, Potter. Marlene, tell him about my date!"

Marlene sighed, obviously she was annoyed about being dragged into this for the billionth time. "I regret to inform you, Mr. James Potter, that you dear friend, Miss Lily Evans, has gotten herself in a date off campus- with a muggle."

James's jaw dropped. "A muggle?" He gasped. "You would choose a muggle over me?" He gaped.

I tossed my hair over my shoulder, brushing one of the fallen leaves out of it. "Yes, Potter, a muggle. I met him over the summer," James seemed to be frozen as I relayed the news. "Jealous? You should be," I snorted before walking away confidently. "Oh, and as the muggles say, break a leg, Sirius!" I called waving to Potter's gorgeous-haired friend. Sirius looked concerned as he grabbed his leg nervously.

"I wish you wouldn't do that to him," Remus muttered, falling into step next to me.

At this, I simply shrugged. "Do what? Go and date other guys because I want to while he's stuck on the same girl he's always been stuck on since first year? Because that seems perfectly fair to me."

"No, I mean lie to his face and reherse with Marlene so she could back you up. That's simply low, Lily."

"I did not lie to him, Remus. I would never lie to someone!" I argued. "Is it so bloody insane for Lily Evans, the girl James Potter is obsessed with, to go on a date with anyone other than James Potter? It that so crazy?" I spat.

Remus's face turned red. "No- not at all! Lily, I didn't mean that, you know it. I mean, it seemed kind of unlikely for you to be allowed to go off campus for a date, you know?" He said.

Climbing the stairs to find our seats again, I shook my head. "It's- it's not just for the date. Tuney- I mean Petunia, my sister, is having a big party for her eighteenth brithday and my parents want me there because my distant relatives will throw a fit if I don't go. They don't- they don't know I'm a witch, and I'd prefer it'd stay that way. That's why I didn't tell James the whole thing, because I knew he'd do something. Stick fireworks in my dress so whenever I lifted my arms, the words 'Go Out With Me, Evans?' would flash in the sky or something. I don't know. But I figured that since I was home, I could fix a date with this muggle kid I met. That's it," I explained tierdly. "And I told Marlene because I wanted her to come to the party with me, so I wouldn't have to be...." I cut off nervously. "So I wouldn't have to be alone, okay?"

He made a weird  growling sound, as if trying to clear his throat so he didn't have to speak. "Yeah. Okay," He said as we took our seats. "Look, the game's about to start!" He shouted, smiling as our friends came with us.

"We still on for the party over the weekend?" Marlene asked. "I've got a dress and everything."

I gave a short nod. "Yeah," I  muttered as James and the rest of the gryffindor team launched their brooms into the air. James' broom moved in odd, jerking motions that made it look like he was going to fall off, but I assumed it was some kind of weird James move.

Sirius flew over to him cautiosly. James continued to jerk around so much, now I knew he was going to fall off. "Hey... do you guys see James's broom?" I asked, getting to my feet for a better veiw.

"I think someone's trying to hex it!" Remus squinted.

Peter rolled his eyes and hufffed. "Nah, you guys are just pariniod," He said. "It's probably just a James  thing." I didn't believe it. His skin was pale and clammy, and his smile was obviously forced. "What? Lily, why are you staring at me?" He huffed, crossing his twig-like arms.

My eyes tore away from him and back on James' broom. "No reason," I muttered defensively. The broom continued to yank itself up and down and all over the place. Squinting to see James's face, he looked genuialy concerned as he gripped his broom for dear life. When he saw someone looking, he would force a smile and wave if overbefore grabbing his out-of-control broom again and focus on trying to make it do something. "Something's wrong," I agreed with Remus. "As cocky as he is, he'd never purposely try to kill himself," I grumbled.

Marlene nodded and grabbed my arm. "I think we've got to do something, Lily," She muttered, squinting at the broom. I wanted to make a joke about how her bright blonde hair probablty effected her eyesight, but not was not the time. "James is in trouble!"

"No shit, Sherlock!" I said, yanking my arm out of her grip and pulling my wand out of my pocket. "Erm... Immobulus!" I shouted against the cheering crowd. To my relief, James's broom froze in mid-air.

"Great, now how are we supposed to get him down?" Remus asked, raising an eyebrow at me as if I never did anything right. Don't get me wrong, he was one of my best friends, but he always acted like he knew something I didn't. Knowing him, it was probably like I constantly had spinache stuck in my teeth or something, but he could atleast tell me so I didn't have to walk around with it wedged in there like a visitor over staying it's welcome!

I sighed and shrugged. "I stopped the broom. It's up to your quick thinking to get him down," I retorted, tossing my red hair over my shoulder. "Better yet, let him fall. A good knock to the head would do him well!"

James seemed to be having a jolly old time up there, frozen in the air. He was looking around fondly, probably out of relief knowing he wouldn't be launched off of an out-of-control broom. When he caught my eye, he gave a small smirk and wiggled his fingers like the princess he  was, causing me to scowl.One knock to the head would be fine, I thought, but several would be much better. Might wipe that nasty, wretched, gross smirk off of his face. Who does he think he's pleasing? The other side of my brain, the disgusting, horomonal, evil side thaqt we don't talk about had other ideas. You! It argued. That's when I decided to shun it and stop talking to myself.  

"Lily, he's going to slide off of that thing," Marlene said, grabbing my arm again. She was very touchy today.

"No, he's not. Sirius can just help him onto his broom. They're in love anyway," I deadpanned. "Or, as I said before, he can just fall off. I'm sure the ground isn't that hard!"

Marlene looked very unimpressed with one eyebrow raised. "Yeah, right," She said sarcastically. She cupped her hands around her mouth and leaned forward to yell. "SIRIUS! GO. HELP. JAMES!" She screamed. Sirius heard her, giving her a thumbs up before going to get James off his broom and onto Sirius's. Then, James reached up and grabbed the broom, fist pumping the air.

Behind us, Peter looked utterly disappointed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest (I know, tbh moment, guys.), I didn't really watch the rest of the game. No, I'm not going to say something stupid like "I was too focused on James's abbs" because a) That's not true and b) That's disgusting! What really happened was that I'm not a sports person and don't entirely follow Quidditch and Marlene makes fun of me for at random points asking "Did we win?" or screaming  "GO! GO! GET THE SMUCH!". I'm only in it for the after parties, which I'm not entirely a fan of either.

"Wow! That was great!" Marlene said and clapped her hands together. "Best game of the year. What did you think, Lily?"

"Rah- rah, Quiddich rocks," I muttered unenthuiasticly. "Can I go to bed now?"

"No!" Marlene giggled. "You've got to stay of and parrrr-taayyy!" She screamed.

I sighed and slouched into the Gryffindor couch. "I'd rather nooooo-taayyy."

Alice grabbed my arm and yanked me up. "C'mon, you don't have to like Quidditch to party! Dance with us, it'll be fun!" I looked around at my friends who were smiling and nodding at me. "Pleeaaaseeee, Lily! You never do anything with us anymore!"

This time, it was Mary who convinced me. "Alice detached herself from Frank Longbottom for this!" She held out a red plastic cup for me. "Join us."

I let myself accept the cup and smile. "Okay, okay. Let's go have fun!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Congrats, Sirius!" I allowed myself to say. "You too, James," I said less friendly, but I was still forcing a smile onto my face. The boys, Marlene, Alice, and a few other stragglers were the only ones still in the common room with me, the ones left to clean up. I didn't mind cleaning- honest!- it was just that James 'I'm so cool I can clean with magic' Potter was cleaning too.

Sirius threaded his arm around my shoulders. "Thanks, Lil," He said, ruffling my dark red hair and making it go insane. "Did you see when I-"

"She saw," Marlene spat bitterly. "Infact, even if she'd hadn't seen it, she'd still have seen it because of you bragging about it for the past," she stopped to check her watch, "six hours!? Merlin's beard, Lily, it's two A.M!" She shouted.

2 A.M? I had classes tomorrow! I couldn't be up at 2 A.M! "Oh my Go- I mean Merlin's beard, we've got to go! No wonder Remus wasn't sticking around to help out!"

"Let's go," Marlene said, forcing her garbage bazck into Sirius's hands.

I tossed mine at James before turning to follow her out.

"Thanks, Evans! I think it's the nicest thing you've ever given me!" He shouted after me. I rolled my eyes and chased Marlene up the stairs before I could snap and murder him or something.

Author's Note:

First chapter! What do you think? This was mostly Lily, but I'll have a James P.O.V next chapter.

Do you want romance right off the bat? Or the awkward climb until S.S Jily leaves the doc?

Please, I'd love your feedback! I know this chapter was a bit slow, but it should be better in the next chapter.

Thank you for reading! Please Vote and COMMENT PLEASE IT MEANS A LOT!

I love youooou!

-Lily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 584 21
Remus Lupin's life is miserable. He was bitten by a werewolf at the age of five causing his lycanthropy and as a result ostracisation from both the w...
Glimpse By Rose

Fanfiction

25.3K 1K 12
When someone knows at first glance that the person now holding their gaze is special, there are a lot of moments that can unfold. Laughter and love...
233 2 15
It begins at the start of six year and all is becoming to much for lily... Severus is starting to become a bit harsher towards her.. James is insisti...
11.9K 429 7
Ever wondered how exactly James Potter and Lily Evans went from enemies to friends to lovers? Here's their story told only by their visits to platfor...