ephemeral | unOrdinary x read...

By yoongicorn_93

In a hierarchical society, power determines everything. Those with great strength towered above all while the... More

note
β—‡1β—‡
β—‡3β—‡
β—‡4β—‡
β—‡5β—‡
β—‡6β—‡
β—‡7β—‡
β—‡8β—‡
β—‡9β—‡
β—‡10β—‡
β—‡11β—‡
β—‡12β—‡
β—‡13β—‡
β—‡14β—‡
β—‡15β—‡
β—‡16β—‡
β—‡17β—‡
β—‡18β—‡
β—‡19β—‡
β—‡20β—‡
β—‡21β—‡
β—‡22β—‡
β—‡23 β—‡
β—‡24 β—‡
β—‡25 β—‡
β—‡ 26 β—‡
β—‡ 27 β—‡
β—‡ 28 β—‡
β—‡29β—‡
β—‡30β—‡
β—‡31β—‡
β—‡32β—‡
β—‡33β—‡
β—‡34β—‡
β—‡35 β—‡
β—‡36 β—‡
β—‡37β—‡
β—‡38β—‡
β—‡39β—‡
β—‡40β—‡
β—‡41β—‡
β—‡42β—‡
β—‡43β—‡
β—‡44β—‡
β—‡45β—‡
β—‡46β—‡
β—‡47β—‡
β—‡48β—‡
β—‡49β—‡
β—‡50β—‡
β—‡51β—‡
β—‡52β—‡
β—‡53β—‡
β—‡54β—‡

β—‡2β—‡

14.6K 530 356
By yoongicorn_93

Chapter 2

Y/N GROANED AS she rubbed her eyes groggily. The sunlight shined through her dark room while Y/N sat on her bed, mind still foggy from just being woke up. She remembered that she had planned to go to Kovoro Mall today and started to get ready.

After brushing her teeth and taking some random outfit from her closet, she went downstairs into her apartment kitchen for a quick breakfast. Toasting two frozen blueberry waffles, she wrapped them in a napkin and walked out her apartment. Making sure the front door was locked, she then hopped onto her bicycle and pedaled away.

Kovoro Mall is about a 15 minute bike ride from here, so I should be there in about 25 minutes since there's traffic.

Finally, after the ride, she had arrived at the mall. Time to spend all my money and regret it all later.

Y/N spent a few hours just hanging around the mall by herself (#lonerlife) and buying a few items. Her last stop was a shop named "Andy's Fashion Boutique." It was then she noticed a familiar head of purple and green hair along with neatly gelled brown hair. Isn't that Seraphina and her friend?

Gathering all the confidence she could, she walked up to the pair. Extending her hand, she greeted them, "Hello, I'm Y/N, the new transfer student at Wellston. I've seen you guys around the school and just wanted to say hi."

Seraphina and John looked at eachother, both not knowing what to do. They were both somewhat startled at her different colored eyes. John accepted the handshake with his own greeting, "..Hey. I'm John and this is Seraphina. It's nice to meet you."

Praying she didn't sound clingy or creepy, Y/N asked, "Do you guys mind if I hang out with you? It's perfectly fine to say no, I won't take offen-"

"Ah, no! It's not like that. Feel free to tag along if you want to," John smiled nervously. Y/N sighed in relief and smiled thankfully. Seraphina only nodded and continued playing on her phone. While Y/N and Seraphina were looking at some clothes, John came back holding up a pink shirt excitedly.

"Look guys! I found this cool shirt that says La Me! I wonder if it's French or something.."

"That says 'lame." The two girls deadpanned in unison.

2 minutes later...

He still wanted to try it on...

Y/N and Seraphina sat by the fitting room while waiting for John to try on the shirt. They sat side-by-side awkwardly in silence.

"So.." Y/N started, trying to instigate a conversation. "What class and year are you two in?"

"Class [___]." (totally didn't forget) Y/N straightened up in surprise.

"Really? I was put into that class yesterday and I didn't see you guys there."

"John got an injury and we ended up skipping after he healed at the nurse's office," Seraphina explained. Y/N nodded in understanding, her mouth forming an 'o' shape.

Just then, John walked out wearing the pink shirt. He held a thumbs up, "Good?"

"It's not half bad.."

He ended up buying the item and soon the three were walking through the mall together until John pointed out a stand.

Ability Gauge

Measures from 1-10

Scores of 5+ get a prize!

$10

"C'mon guys, let's try it," He pulled their arms and dragged them over. Y/N cringed at the physical contact, not necessarily used to it. Nevertheless, she kept quiet until they reached the stand. In front of the three was an angry woman with short blonde hair and caramel eyes, wearing a choker.

The lady demanded her money back due to the fact that her score was lower than her expectations. The runner of the stand tried to reason with her, "You see ma'am, your score is actually above average. The average person is a 3 while a high tier is a 5. I, myself, am only a 2.."

"You fraud!" She continued to showcase her anger. "If you don't give me my money back right now, I will blow your stand to bits! Do I make myself clear?!" Her eyes began to glow red, signaling that she was about to use her ability.

Y/N stared at her with an annoyed look, "Ma'am please calm down."

The lady twisted around in an instant, eyes flaring. "What did you say, you brat?!"

"We are not going to wait around for you while you throw a tantrum. Please just leave this poor man alone and accept your score. You're holding up his business." Y/N stated, crossing her arms.

"Kids like you really need to learn to shut their mouths!"

"Bitc- Look, I'm not trying to start a fight here-"

"I don't care! You should've thought of that before insulting me!"

Okay, this lady is mental. A bright pink light started to grow in her hand. Shit, this could be bad. Think!

John then smirked confidently, stepping in front of Y/N, "Go ahead. I dare you." Is he crazy?! Why is he provoking-

"Just go with it," He whispered into Y/N's ears.

The lady seemed taken back, but then charged for an attack. Just as she was about to release it, John screamed frantically, "SOMEBODY HELP! THIS WEIRD LADY IS GOING TO BLOW UP THE ENTIRE MALL!" It was then that Y/N noticed the security guard making his way over in their direction. She sighed in relief.

"What's going on here?"

"They-"

"We were just waiting in line peacefully, and she all of a sudden started threatening to blow up the mall!" John said with an innocent expression.

"I-It's because...H-HE SCAMMED ME OF MY MONEY!" She pointed accusedly at the stand runner. The security guard's expression darkened and he marched over to the stand runner.

"I'm sick of your bullshit! Return the money to this lady now!"

"But-"

"I'm not repeating myself."

The orange haired male dejectedly gave up and gave the $10 back to the lady. She smirked triumphantly.

"If I see you causing trouble one more time, I will make sure you will never run a business here ever again," The security guard threatened. What a stupid world we live in...The stronger one is always the right one no matter what...Y/N thought, frustration crawling through her body.

With a last, "stay out of trouble" directed towards the three students, the security guard was off. "Sorry if we caused you any more troubles, sir," Y/N apologized with a bow.

"It's okay. It's not common you see people speaking out these days," He chuckled dryly. "So I assume you kids are here to get your abilities read?"

"Yep," John pushed Seraphina to the front, startling her. "Actually she is."

"Um.." She trailed off, unsure.

"I'll give you a free try. It's the least I could do!" The man offered. He touched Seraphina's hands and closed his eyes as he glowed slightly.

"!!!"

"Incredible! Your ability levels is an 8! It's been a while since I've met someone so strong!" An 8! It's been a while since I've met someone that strong as well...Y/N thought in amazement.

"Uh..thanks?" Seraphina sounded unsure.

"Here's your prize, a cute little teddy bear for a cute little lady." Seraphina accepted the bear and walked beside John once more.

"What about you, young man and young lady? Would you like to try as well?" He tried to reach for John's arm, but he quickly retracted it with a nervous sweat.

"Sorry. I should've asked for permission first. What about you young lady? Would you like to try?"

Y/N shook her head violently, "I'm good. Thank you for the offer."

"I see..well please feel free to come back if you ever wanted to!" The three nodded as they walked out of the mall into the dark night. It's already night?

"It's crowded here. Let's go to a different bus stop. There's one near the park," John suggested.

Y/N rubbed the back of her neck, "I actually rode my bike here, so I won't be taking the bus."

"Do you wanna just walk with us to the stop and then ride home? You won't be alone the whole time then."

"Sounds good," Y/N agreed.

The three joked around a bit as they walked through the park. Y/N was pleasantly surprised at how well she got along with the pair. She felt comfortable in their presence despite only meeting them today.

Y/N froze, a chill ran down her spine as she felt as though they were being watched. She noticed John had a cautious look in his eye as well.

They were being followed.

●●●

yeET

How was this chapter?

It was pretty uneventful, sorry. Looks like Y/N made some new friends.

Wish I could relate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 5.1K 63
What if John hadn't learned from the Readjustment Facility? What if, instead, he felt a need for revenge on all who wronged him. What if, he came ba...
50.1K 1K 52
Seraphina is a goddess, John is (questionably) trying to be better, Remi and Blyke are giving him a second chance, Elaine is dumb while Isen is weird...
111K 2.5K 33
It's been almost a year and a half since John's old friend Ash had moved to america for her fathers job, she left at the wrong time as a week latter...
46.3K 553 33
this story will be about a ship john and Seraphina (I don't own the characters i got the characters from uru-chan go follow her on Webtoon and read U...