His booty call ✔️ (under edit...

By ivyBrown179

Book 1 of HIS series Cara is tired of being a booty call to the billionaire playboy Quinn. So she comes up wi... More

INTRODUCTION
1.
2
3
4
5.
6.
7.
8
9
10
11.
12.
13.
14
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31
32
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
Authors Note

33.

100K 2.6K 342
By ivyBrown179

What?

He never waits to see my reaction. The moment the car halts, he's out. Roxanna does the same. I stay seated and rooted. Shocked and sad.

"I remember where I met you." Lee's hisses at me.

I look around and realise we are the only ones in the car. Ryan is removing the bags from the boot.

"I said I remember where I saw you." Lee repeats when I don't acknowledge him. My mind is still preoccupied with Quinn's announcement to care what he has to say.

"The chix xxx club." He says with a smug and that is when he captures my attention. All of it. He smirks when he sees the raw surprise on my face. Like someone who has conquered several kingdoms he alights victorious. How did he find out? Am always extra careful not leave any loopholes.

My hands fly to my chest when Ryan knocks on the car's window and asks if am okay. Am still mad at him for bringing us here. I get out and follow him.

"Quinn... " His little brother Mets us at the porch. He launches at him and Quinn holds the little boy who is over the top happy to see him.

"What took you long? You promised to take me horse back riding." He looks up at him. Quinn opens him mouth to answer but the tapping sound of Courtney's heels stops him.

"Theo! Have you finished practicing piano?" Courtney hisses at the little boy who clutches onto Quinn's arm.

"My fingers hurt." He cries.

She huffs, "Sweetie, we can't be perfect if we are afraid of getting hurt." She glares at him.

Quinn sighs before talking,"Just go tell John to prepare one of the horses am coming to take you riding." He squats to Theo's height.

The boy dashes back to the house all happy. Courtney is clearly not pleased with Quinn undercutting her authority. "You do realise the engagement party is just hours away. He hasn't even learned half of the songs I want played." She half shouts at Quinn.

He remains calm and that is when Courtney sees us. Her eyes wander past me and back again to me. Like a bull ready to charge, her eyes turn dark and her nose flares up.

"What is she doing here?" The anger in her tone is sharp.

"She's my guest." Ryan, a few meters away from me, answers and looks at me. I avert my eyes from him.

Quinn walks past her into the mansion. Then follows Lee and Ryan with the bags.

Courtney walks towards me. And stands head to head with me.

"I hope you brought enough tissues to watch what you can't have been taken away from you."

I snort. I will not give her the satisfaction of always insulting me.

"I came with enough popcorns to laugh at the show." I look into her intimidating eyes.

Her eyes go wide and she twists her mouth in disgust, "Cross my path bitch and you won't like what befalls you."

I humorlessly huff. "My claws are sharpen, so bring it on. Bitch!"

She blinks twice clearly taken back that I had the audacity to tackle her. She expected I would recoil in fear. I'm just sick of her. She is the one getting engaged I should be the least of her problems. She sizes Roxanna, with her head high she marches back to the mansion.

"What is her problem with you? One would say she's threatened by you." Roxanna says.

My eyes circle our vicinity to calm myself down. The plantation and the rural setting it offers silence and a fresh breath of air. Quite an odd place to host an big engagement party. Especially for two powerful families.

"Let's get in." I tell her.

****

It has been over an hour since our arrival. A maid received us and took us to the bedrooms. The rooms are vast with an old interior design. I look down from the window. Other than Quinn the rest are at the swimming pool, Roxanna included. Jermaine has also joined the group.

After texting Andre of my where about, I decide to get acquainted with the house. The halls host many doors which I keep getting lost. When am about to turn to a different hall. The sound of the music from one of the rooms stops me. I take few steps to the source and slowly push the door. The music gets louder. I have never heard something so beautiful. I can feel the symphony in my veins. I close my eyes and let the music carry me.

"You shouldn't be here." The small soprano voice ends my magical world.

I open my eyes and I am met with Theo's. They are grey, different from Quinn's.

"That was beautiful. You really are good."

"You are a distraction. You should leave." He answers and am reminded of how Quinn answers simple questions. I smile in nostalgia.

I move to his position. He flinches.

"I thought Quinn took you for horse riding." I say.

"He was to but he had business to take care of with father." His face contour into sadness.

"I can take you, if you want." I offer.

"Really?" His face lights up.

I nod. But, all over sudden he's sad again. "Girls can't ride horses."

"This girl can." I smile at him.

I sit beside him on the bench. He moves away from me.

He looks down at his bruised fingers, "I can't, Courtney will be angry with me and I promised Quinn to obey her."

I press a random key and he laughs. I repeat it again and laughs harder.

"Are you laughing at my lack of skills?" I tease him.

"mmmh..." He nods.

"Do you love playing piano?" I ask him.

"No. Am just good at it." He looks away.

"Theo!" We both turn to Quinn who walks in. Once he sees me he goes silent.

He clears his throat confused, "John has prepared a horse, I will meet you at the stable." He mutters.

Theo rushes past us in joy. The air becomes thick with tension. He stand torn between what to do. He moves and locks the door. I watch him walk towards me. My heart palpitating fast. My finger run over the piano nervously in an attempt to stay calm.

"You shouldn't have come here." He speaks.

That makes two of us.

"I had no idea. If I did I would not be here."

"Your presence only complicates everything." He whispers.

I stand and move to his position. "Why?" My hand move to his cheek and it rest there.

He shakes his head and removes it. "You don't get it. Do you?" He sighs.

I shake my head and start to walk away. No sooner do I take the first step than I feel his arm snake round my waist and he spins me to face him. I can smell his scent, smells of leather and horse. A second doesn't pass before I feel his soft lips crash on mine. They taste of whisky. He pulls my lower lip between his teeth and my knees go weak. I cling onto him. Kissing him with all my might like it is the last kiss.

His tongue goes deep and rough. Am sure my lips will bruise when he nips at it but I don't care. Am hyperventilated, thirsty and he is my river of life. I want to drink from it. Drown in it.

"Quinn." A moan escapes from the back of my throat. His hands cruise into my hair and waves of tremors travel all over my body. Each stronger than the previous.

Just when my body is starting to heat up, he pushes me away and I stumble back embarrassed.

"I am sorry." He mumbles at me. That's new. His lips look fuller and his eyes hooded in lust.

I look down at my Jimmy Choo sandals.

"I should go." He nervously points at the door. He adjust his jeans that look tighter at the crotch to hide his hard on.

I wait a few minutes after he has left before I do the same too.

"There you are." I turn around to see Roxanna, she's dressed in a simple black dress. "What were you doing there?" She lifts her brows. "Was that Quinn i saw?"

I get confused at her million questions.

Her lips tug up in a smile and shakes her head, "Oh, Courtney and the rest are going for shopping and facials you should come."

I shake my head, "You know she hates me." I remind her.

"She's the one that insisted i ask you. She really wants you there."

"Really?" I skeptically raise my brows. I know this is not out of goodwill and i am quite sure Courtney has something evil planned for me.

I contemplate between being left behind and running into Quinn or his parents and joining them and having Courtney being all mean to me. I choose the later. If she attempts anything funny then may the bad bitch win. She already won with Quinn, I won't let her win in humiliating me.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 8.7K 68
Sephine Montgomery. She moved to get away. Away from her past where she was someone else. But now she's different. Now she's nice. But that was befor...
706K 24.1K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...
2.8M 101K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...
52.3K 3.2K 58
Meet Quinn Machester. An actress in her late twenties who lives for the day she'll finally get her lead role and be the leading lady. She's the type...