๐˜‰๐˜–๐˜•๐˜‹๐˜š | โฟแตƒสณแต˜แต—แต’

By softshisui

โ you will ๐™–๐™ก๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™จ have a special place in my heart, and that terrifies me. โž Kohana Akaashi is your ba... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
fourty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
fourty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty

seventeen

5.3K 322 204
By softshisui

+

Ryuu stared open mouthed as the medical shinobi carried Katsu from the room on a stretcher. His golden gaze flicked back to me, mouth closing and pressing into a firm line.

"Why did you do that?"

I stared at him for a moment, before looking away. "He was being stupid. If he had fought, he could have seriously injured himself—"

"Yeah. Could have. You didn't even give him the chance!" Cried Ryuu, throwing his hands up. "You just made the decision for him! What if he had fought and won? But we'll never know because you already made the decision for him! The decision he didn't want!"

"Exactly. I already made the choice." I snapped. "Which means arguing over it is completely pointless."

"But you made the wrong choice." He insisted. "And you cant seem to understand that!"

"He was being stubborn!"

"Stubborn or not, it's not what he wanted!"

"Just leave it be." I said, lowering my voice in order to not draw unwanted attention. I glanced around at the unsuspecting Genin that we're talking to a silver haired boy. I easily recognized him as the creepy fucker from the first exam with extensive info cards, and had to resist the urge to snarl or flash him a rude gesture.

Ryuu took in a sharp breath, before turning away and crossing his arms. "...fine. But I hope... I hope Katsu-kun isn't going to be too upset at you for pulling a stunt like this. You'll be lucky if he even talks to you when this is over."

Pain tugged on my heart, but I shoved it down. I shouldn't be upset at the simple thought of Katsu hating me over this. After all, I was only saving his ass.

"Whatever." I shrugged. "If he hates me, then he hates me. Its not like it'll matter to me."

Ryuu glanced sideways at me. "...don't say stuff like that."

"Say stuff like what?" I gave him a look, sounding a more short than I would have liked.

He stared at me for a moment, before shaking his head and scoffing. "Forget it. You'll always be like this... there's no point in even attempting to argue with you."

I flinched.

Ouch.

"No more?" Questioned Hayate after Kabuto left the scene. His gaze ran over the leftover Genin, before he gave a grunt and pulled a clip board out from the inside of his flack jacket. "Hm... the rules are simple. Fight to the death... or until you tap out. But uh...since we don't want this to become a total blood bath, if we uhh...deem it necessary, a jonin may step in and stop the mach, whoever had the upper hand declared winner. But uh... I wouldn't count on that."

Hayate flipped through a few pages on his clipboard, not really paying us much attention.

I sweatdropped at his fumbling of papers.
This guy's head seemed to be in a completely different place than his body, that was for sure.

He grunted as Anko said something into the microphone by her mouth, bringing him to look back up at us.

"Umm... but your fate now rests in your hands... oh ...and this electronic board up here." Hayate pointed to the wide screen hanging above our heads, hidden behind a hole in the wall. "At the beginning of the round, we'll display the names of the two shinobi who will be competing in combat. But um... not to hurry along the slaughter or anything... but let's begin."

I snorted.

This guy was so nonchalant with all this, I couldn't help the urge to laugh.

But I wouldn't deny the fact I was irritated about having these stupid ass preliminaries. I already had the suspicion they were coming thanks to Momo Sensei, but it didn't mean I wanted them.

Initially, I was pumped for any chance at a real fight. But ever since I had gotten the injury to my shoulder, I just wanted to get out of this hell hole so I could get some proper treatment. Kami knows what I would do for a medical shinobi.

Even though I was annoyed at my little shoulder problem (not even taking into account the fact the injury was on my fucking dominate arm) I wasn't going to be a little pussy and throw in the towel.

But it was going to be a real pain the ass fighting with such an injury, and I could only hope I could push through the pain. I had done it once before, who's to say I couldn't do it again?

I cringed.

Only before, I had used that thing.

The supposed Dojutsu.

And I knew for certain I couldn't use it now.

First of all, no way in hell was I going to throw that out in the open without any plan for damage control. Who knew how people would react to that?! Neither Sasuke or Sakura had said anything about it yet, and I had a good feeling they hadn't told Naruto since the loud blonde didn't say anything to me.

I hadn't told one of my teammates either—not even Momo Sensei. Ryuu had probably forgotten about the weird bleeding by now, and Katsu was too preoccupied with his own injury to pay any attention to me.

It wasn't as though there was a top secret reason for me to keep it on the down low. I was just nervous for how they would take it. If I were to tell anyone though, the first person would probably be my old man.

He would be the person I was more willing to trust. And even then I had a harder time even thinking about telling him what happened in the forest.

But overall, the fact I was in a foreign village only added onto my apprehension of using said dojutsu.

I didn't want a random creepy dude trying to take my eyes or some shit, especially because someone had already expressed such an interest in them.

I cringed again at the memory of the snake bastard.

The electronic board above lit up, flashing as it shuffled through all the applicants. Everyone around me was waiting in apprehension for their name to be displayed, but unlike the others, I was wanting to be first.

The sooner I got this over with, the sooner I got some much needed medical attention.

I glanced to Ryuu, raising a brow at his distressed appearance.

I guess he didn't really appear distressed, but compared to his normal loud, obnoxious, pushy personality, he did appear distressed.

Beads of sweat ran down the sides of his forehead, and his golden eyes were narrowed onto the board with so much intensity I wouldn't have been surprised if it exploded. He flexed his fingers by his sides, before tightening them into fists.

I pursed my lips.

Ryuu had never been one for being afraid. That was, until now at least. I wasn't sure if it was the foreign environment of the leaf that was pushing him off his rocker, or if it was something else. But from the beginning of the exams, to before we entered the forest of death, to now, he was always on edge in some way.

The electronic board beeped, Sasuke's name lighting up along with another's I didn't recognize.

Akado Yori flashed on the screen bellow the bolded Uchiha Sasuke. I scratched the side of my head and pursed my lips, trying to place a name with a face, but came up with nothing.

I really needed to pay better attention to my surroundings.

Sasuke twitched in pain, raising a hand to his neck where that mark resided. Sweat dribbled down his face and over the dozens of scratches littering his cheeks.

I grimaced at the nauseating guilt that rushed through my chest.

I was still confused at why Sasuke had taken the mark from Orochimaru, when really it should be me suffering under all that pain. If it weren't for me, Sasuke would be completely healthy besides the few cuts and scratches.

I couldn't comprehend why he would choose to put himself into harms way for me. For another person...when he knew the consequences.

Naruto too.

He had thrown himself in front of that massive snake to protect Sasuke. He had thrown himself in front of harms way... to protect his teammate. Even when he knew he could have been killed.

I had a moment where I faltered in that forest.

I know I did.

It was a slight moment where I felt so driven to protect those three, I couldn't think about anything but preventing any harm from coming to them. I was telling myself mentally that I would still be first priority, but deep down I knew I was at the bottom of the list in that moment.

But why did I experience that feeling?

Why would I feel that way... for people I barely knew?

Hayate raised his arm and gestured to the balcony lining the concrete walls. "Everyone other than the two combatants should move to the upper gallery now."

I turned and did just as he instructed, gravitating toward where Momo Sensei stood on the upper level.

She didn't look upset or happy, a placid expression on her features as I neared her.

I grimaced.

Momo placed her hands on her hips, looking me over. "I saw what you did to Katsu."

I folded my arms on the railing of the balcony and turned to look down bellow, attempting to appear as nonchalant as possible. "Did what?"

"You know what I'm talking about, Kohana. Don't play these games with me—you know you'll lose."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

Stupid nosy Sensei.

"So what?" I said, not turning to face her. "Are you gonna say anything about it to the proctor?"

Sasuke was still twitching bellow in pain, Hayate standing between him and his opponent.

While I did feel the same guilt that Sasuke was the one in pain and not myself, I was also relieved that it was him and not me. It's not like I'd want to put myself through unnecessary pain when I could pawn it off to someone else. I constantly had this weird internal battle where I didn't want others to be in pain at my hands, but was also glad it wasn't me being in harms way.

"No." She replied. "I'm not. I would have stepped in if you hadn't done anything. But I can only hope you can withstand the aftermath of said action. Katsu won't be happy with you."

"Who ever is."

I cast a glance toward Ryuu, who stood on the opposite side of Momo, chin in the palm of his hand. He gazed at the fight that was about to occur bellow, not paying me any mind.

I huffed and looked back down to the fight, watching as Hayate backed away from the two shinobi. "Begin."

Sasukes opponent, Yori, made the first move. He flicked shuriken out toward Sasuke, the Uchiha attempting to flick the spinning blades away with the use of a Kunai.

I resisted the urge to snort.

A few shuriken against an Uchiha?

How stupid did you have to be to attempt an attack like that?

But what I didn't expect, was for Sasuke to freeze mid movement.

"AH!" His shaking knees buckled and sent him tumbling to the concrete floor. Shuriken flew over his head and into the wall behind before clattering to the ground.

I grimaced.

This fight was not going the way I had thought it would.

Even under the pain of that mark... I still expected him to clear the match without breaking a sweat. But that mark was inflicting more damage than I had thought initially.

Once again, I had found myself thanking Kami that it was Sasuke with that mark and not myself.

The two wrestled for a few moments longer, Sasuke focusing primarily on dodging the blue, chakra coated hand of his masked opponent.

I was confused as to why Sasuke wasn't using his sharingan or any ninjutsu. I knew he had decent ability in both areas from the fight in the forest of death against the snake bastard. And that creepy dude was a thousand times stronger than this Yori guy.

I cringed at the ear piercing yell Sasuke let out as Yori clamped his hand to the Uchiha's forehead. Sasuke twitched underneath him, but his movements were sluggish.

"He's draining the Uchiha's chakra." Murmured Momo. "...poor kid. He's already got that... that thing... puts him at an unfair advantage if you ask me."

I furrowed my brows, looking up to her. "You know what that thing is?"

She pursed her lips. "Sadly, I do."

"What...what is it?"

Momo glanced to the unsuspecting leaf Jonin watching the fight down bellow, before returning my eye contact again. "I'll tell you later."

I maintained her gaze for a moment longer, before giving a short nod.

As I turned back, I just managed to catch sight of Sasuke slamming his foot into the chin of his opponent, sending the genin flying in the air. He hopped up from his position on the floor and appeared behind Yori, a smirk stretched across his lips.

My mouth fell open. "I didn't know Sasuke was capable of taijutsu like that!"

"That's because he isn't."

I glanced to my left, only now noticing Lee glaring down at the fight.

I blinked at him, wondering when the hell he had even gotten there—and if it wasn't Sasukes attack... how did he learn it?

Dude... ninja stuff was so confusing sometimes.

Sasuke finished off his opponent with a roundhouse kick, sending not only Yori to the floor, but himself as well. He skidded across the concrete, exhausted and too weak to stop the fall.

Yori laid on the floor, limbs spread out around his frame. They twitched every few seconds, but didn't move anymore than that.

I'll take a wild guess and say he wasn't gonna be moving freely anytime soon.

Sasuke sat up, and a silver haired man in a green flack jacket shunshinned behind him. He placed a hand on the Uchiha's shoulder, and I made the assumption that he was his Sensei.

Momo whistled. "Damn. Who's the hottie?"

"Really?" I made a face. "Right now? Of all times?"

Momo bit her lower lip, leaning over the balcony to get a better look at Sasuke's Sensei. The expression she was making was so—so....pervertedI wanted to puke.

"Hm... I just can't help but wonder...what's under that mask?" She hummed aloud, tanned cheeks flushing.

I made a barfing noise.

The next few matches went by quickly, nothing interesting enough occurring for me to go into painful detail about.

There was a kid with a freakish amount of bugs who severed his opponents arms off, but that was about as interesting as it got. The kid with a weird puppet fetish also fought his opponent from the sound and won.

Sakura and Ino fought each other too. It wasn't really much of a fight, but a weird psychological battle with Naruto screaming and the two ultimately both losing.

Talk about boring.

I did have to say though, Ino's mind transfer jutsu was fucking scary. I didn't ever want to be caught in something like that if I could help it.

Tenten was taken out without much of a hassle in her match against the Sand Kunoichi and her massive fan. But I couldn't exactly say I was surprised. As a shinobi, it wasn't exactly smart to rely on only one area of jutsu.

"Grr..." Ryuu twitched from beside Momo.

I gave him a bizarre look. "What's up with you? Gotta take a shit or something?"

"No!" Cried the silver haired boy, looking at me as if I had grown two heads. He frowned, folding his arms over his chest. "I'm just... nervous for my fight."

I blinked at him.

I wasn't good at emotional stuff. That was usually Katsu or Momo sensei's area of expertise. Definitely not mine. Emotional support was just nasty... gooshy... expressions of affection I didn't have the time or patience for. It just wasn't for me.

But obviously Ryuu was in need of something, so I couldn't just leave him hanging.

I laughed and gave Ryuu a firm slap on the back. He coughed from the aggressive thump, slumping over the railing. "You'll be fine! You don't gotta worry about nothin. You're not a chicken, are you?"

Ryuu cringed. "Please don't say that."

"Kohana." Momo Sensei grabbed ahold of my collar and dragged me backwards so I stood beside her. She narrowed her eyes at me. "Not helping."

I rolled my eyes. "What? It's not like I didn't try."

"Maybe you're trying a little too much."

The board lit up again, Ryuu's name flashing on the board along with one I didn't recognize. This time though, I knew my lack of recognition wasn't due to my unobservant tendencies, but because his opponent was an Ishigakure shinobi.

From my healthy obsession with bingo books, I knew the village to be small, tucked in the back of wind country. I didn't know Konoha and Ishi to have a close relationship, But they must have been on friendly enough terms to be invited to the chunin exams.

The boy Ryuu was facing however, was small and brunette, village head protector hanging loosely from his exposed neck. He pulled at the collar of his brown t-shirt, before folding his arms across his chest. He eyed Ryuu, visible frown on the kids face.

While the Ishi boy had walked himself down the stairs, Ryuu dropped down from the railing into a surprisingly graceful landing. He slowly made his way over to the center of the room, taking an extra few seconds to pause with each step.

"Uhh... begin..." Hayate stated simply, before shunshinning back to his original space beside the Hokage.

As soon as Hayate said begin, the Ishi boy threw at least a dozen kunai toward Ryuu. But he kept a placid expression on his features while easily dodging the blades by sliding out of their path.

I sighed, leaning on the palm of my hand.

I didn't have any doubt in my mind that Ryuu would be victor of this match, and the lack of tension made it rather... boring.

After watching Ryuu dodge the kunai with ease, the Ishi boy began to panic. He threw Shuriken, kunai, and senbon toward Ryuu wildly. Their aim was far from accurate, some hitting the floor before he even sailing an inch from his hand. A few even hit the ceiling.

"Whatta nut job." I murmured. Momo smacked me on the back of the head. I let out a yelp and rubbed at my scalp, glaring at her over my shoulder. "What did I do now, lady?!"

"Stop making rude commentary."

"Does everything I do give you a reason to scold me?!"

"Shush."

I grumbled a slew of curse words under my breath, but it only gave her another reason to smack me. I kept my reaction to a mere wince, not wanting to get hit for a third time.

At least down below, Ryuu dropped the games and had started to finally attack the guy.

Ryuu ran straight toward him until he was close enough in range to slam his foot into the Ishi nins face. From the impact of the graceful roundhouse kick, he flew backwards before slamming into the concrete wall.

Ryuu scratched at the side of his head awkwardly as the Ishi ninja attempted to pull himself up.

"Uh... listen buddy. I don't wanna hurt you anymore than I have to, 'kay? So do you uh... wanna just give up?"

I rolled my eyes. What was he doing? Last time I checked this was a fight. Not a session reserved for chit chat.

"BEAT HIS ASS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING STANDING AROUND TALKING?!" I yelled, cupping my hands around my mouth.

"Stop that!" Momo smacked my head again. I groaned as I slammed into the railing, the iron rod hitting my ribcage. She wasn't just crazy fast, she was a crazy fast lady with a strong arm.

"I'm not... I'm not..." the Ishi nin got to his feet, coughing into the pit of his arm. "I'm not... giving u-up."

Ryuu frowned at the ninja. It was obvious he didn't want to kill the guy, which was a little disappointing. If I were him, I would take the chance and finish him off then. Ryuu gave him the option, but he stubbornly refused. Really, he had sealed his own fate.

The Ishi nin wobbled on his feet and fumbled for another kunai, but Ryuu wasn't having any of that. I couldn't help but grin as he pulled a scroll from his pouch, the blue paper wound tightly with a thin black string.

"I've been wanting to use these for something special... but you're already pretty out of it. Think you can handle a stinky stench?" Asked Ryuu as though he was having a casual conversation.

"Stinky... stench...?" The Ishi nin growled. "Are you making a joke out of me?!"

"No!" Cried Ryuu, eyes wide as he dodged a wild punch from the angry ninja. He held his hands up, the scroll held in one of his hands. "I'm just tryna' warn you!"

"I don't need any warnings!" The ninja lunged  again, but Ryuu shunshinned away to the other side of the room before he could land a hit.

In one flick of the wrist, Ryuu spread the blue paper across the concrete floor. He bit the pad of his thumb and swiped it across the paper, coating the seal in his blood. He formed his fingers into a hand seal and muttered something under his breath, a white cloud appearing from the paper.

The Ishi nins eyes widened. "F-Fuinjutsu?!"

Ryuu grinned sheepishly, and with another flick of the wrist, four objects flew out of the scroll and smacked the Ishi nin in the chest.

The ninja looked at the objects in shock, before his eyes began to water. He coughed, placing his arm over the lower half of his face to shield himself from the rancid stench that flooded through the room.

I coughed, my own eyes beginning to water. "What the fuck is that?!"

Momo didn't even scold me for swearing, too busy covering her own nose and mouth. "It's awful!"

Once the smoke cleared, I spotted the four rotting fish sitting at the Ishi nins feet. Heavy goo seeped from the insides, and literal stench clouds floated above the bad seafood.

I furrowed my brows. Where would he have even got something like that? I was with the guy all the time (unfortunately) and I had never seen him do something so... vile. And if I did, it's likely I would have chewed him out for it. But after a few seconds of staring them down, I recognized them as those fish. Those fish that Konohamaru kid and his orange haired friend had.

That's what he was saving those for?!

Tears streamed down the face of the Ishi nin, most likely from the stench, but also because he knew he was going to lose. Especially now that the smell was so rotten, he couldn't bring himself to move.

Ryuu grinned and placed his hands on his hips, a clothes pin now clasped over his nose. "So, whatcha gonna do now?"

The Ishi nin clenched his free hand into a tight fist and gave him a fierce glare. But Ryuu didn't back down, the grin not straying from his features. Slowly, the Ishi ninja loosened the tension in his fingers and dropped his arm to his side.

"I-I...give up."

Ryuu howled with joy and threw his arms up, dancing in place. "YAHOO!"

I sweatdropped. "Idiot..."

Ryuu shunshinned to my side, not a new scratch in sight. If anything, he looked positively thrilled at what he had just accomplished, but I didn't think there was much to be excited about. Sure, he had won. But a fight against that guy was not something to gloat about. In fact, it was far from gloating material.

I scoffed and crossed my arms. "That wasn't even a fight."

Ryuu's mouth fell open. "What's that supposed to mean?! I won!"

"A fight between two squirrels would have been more interesting than that. The lack of tension was boring. You could have at least let him hit you a few times."

"Huh?!"

Momo tapped me on the shoulder. "Kohana~"

I winced, peering over at my Sensei. "What did I do now?"

"Nothing yet." She gave me a smug look, before pointing to the shuffling electronic board.

I followed her gaze, my mouth dropping open at the sight of my name printed in big, bolded letters. My open mouth curved into a grin.

"Well I'll be damned."

Like Ryuu, I would be fighting a ninja from another village. More specifically, the village hidden in the grass. Kusagakure.

Grass ninja were notorious at seeing through the plans crafted by their opponents. Always one step ahead and predicting the enemies movements before the opponent themselves even knew what they were doing. Identifying and destroying strategies was more than just a specialty.

If I was a decent human being, I probably would have felt at least a string of sympathy for the Kusa nin, as their strength was not going to be put to use here.

Strategizing was at the bottom of my list of importance.

Instead, I liked to go by the EAD method.

E for erratic,

A for adaptive,

And D for destroy.

Momo Sensei thought my approach was a little too aggressive, but I had to disagree. The EAD method was just my style, and it hadn't failed me yet. Aggressive was just... well... me.

The Kusa ninja I was going to fight didn't look like anything special. She was small, probably around 5'2 or so. But then again, almost everybody was pretty short to me. I wasn't exactly a normal sized girl. Especially not for my age.

I was definitely a big bitch.

The girl brushed strands of long maroon hair out of her face, the cocky expression on her features bringing a sour taste to my mouth. She eyed me smugly, and it took every fiber in my body to not jump her right then.

Who exactly did this bitch think she was?!

I shunshinned in front of her, eyes narrowed into a cold glare. She didn't flinch under my firm stare, obviously thinking my intimidation was just a front.

Oh how wrong she was.

Even with my shoulder injury, the promise of getting some good food and a hot shower after was going to keep me going. And I wasn't going to obtain those things by a loss.

Once Hayate has uttered the words of begin and vanished from the area, the girl didn't waste anytime and jumped toward me. I whipped out my tanto and blocked her Kunai swipe. A grin lifted my lips at the sight of her widening eyes.

So now she was scared.

I wasn't sure what this chick was stupider for doing. Whether it be underestimating me, or attempting to out outmatch me in a battle of blades, she made herself look like a complete dumbass.

The girl attempted to knick my waist with her Kunai, but I took the vulnerability of her upper half to my advantage and cut at her neck. Sadly, she had anticipated that move, so I only managed to cut a chunk of her hair.

But the Kusa girl didn't share my feelings over the fact that only her hair had been harmed. In fact, she looked thoroughly pissed. But not pissed enough, so I decided to be a little.. snarky.

"Is something the matter?" I cocked my head to the side, feigning confusion. "From how much you kept playing with your hair, I couldn't help but assume you were wanting a trim. Is that not what you were going for?"

Now that I got a good look at her, I could really see why she was so mad.

The maroon hair that was once pin straight, now had a huge chunk sliced out of it at an odd angle. I had to say, it didn't look too pretty, and I had a good feeling she agreed.

I winced, looking over to the chunk of hair sitting in a maroon pile. "Man—I probably should have warned you, huh? I'm not exactly a professional hairdresser or anything."

Pure fire burned in her eyes with the heat to make any grown man or woman melt. But me?

I just felt so giddy.

"I'm gonna rip your head off!" She screeched, Kunai clattering to the floor. Her hair, while still missing a chunk, somehow was a bajillion times frizzier than before. Not to mention, at least three times the initial size, and I wouldn't have been surprised if you found a civilization living in it.

"Oooh, I see." I grimaced. "It's that time of the month, isn't it?"

"Shut up!" She roared, folding her hands into a series of signs. The combination appeared to be for some type of wind jutsu, which unlucky for me was stronger against lightning—but I wasn't too worried about that. I just needed to drain her of chakra until all that was left for her was taijutsu.

And that's when the fun would really start.

"There we go..." I muttered, the grin returning to my face. "That's it... just get mad. Real mad."

She used a few different wind attacks, but a majority of them I managed to dodge. I was feeling pretty good about my strategy so far too. She was draining her chakra reserves with each furry driven attack, and I hadn't managed to get hit.

That was until she decided to try something a little more... intense.

But what was I complaining about? I had been wanting intense from the beginning. Though it seemed when I got what I was asking for, I immediately regretted it afterwards. The incident with the snake bastard being my primary example.

The Kusa nin gathered a massive amount of wind in her hands, maroon hair blowing back from the powerful gusts. A crazed look was in her eyes, and I wasn't exactly sure whether it was from the fact she still hadn't landed a hit on me, or if because she was still salty over her free haircut.

Whatever the reason, the moment the wind gathered into a small clear ball, I knew I didn't want to get hit by that thing.

But even though I knew I didn't want to get hit by it, I didn't exactly do a good job of dodging. She released it like a bowling ball, the sphere of pure wind spinning off her fingertips and rolling through the air right into my stomach.

The wind felt like a massive punch to the gut. A pretty strong punch too. I would have made a snarky remark about how 'if only she herself could punch that hard and didn't hide behind a jutsu, she might have a better chance of winning' but I was too busy trying to concentrate on not puking up blood.

I hit the concrete ground hard, and on my left shoulder might I add.

I had done a good job of ignoring the pain of my injury till now (the wonders of chakra, amirite?) but the brute impact was not something I wanted.

During the few days of resting, it was just a mild burn. But now it hurt like fucking hell, and I was pissed.

I laid still for a few moments, sprawled out on the ground. Clenching my jaw, I tried to ignore the pure burning pain of my injury, playing it off as though I was unconscious. I knew Hayate didn't know I was actually out, so he wouldn't end the match, but I needed this dumbass Kusa nin to think she had won.

Footsteps inched toward me, before stopping to my right. I laid on my side with the hair covering my face so she couldn't tell I was awake.

"How cute...." she hummed. "No more cocky attitude now, huh?"

She pulled her foot back to kick my stomach, but before she could make contact, I grabbed ahold of her ankle and pulled as hard as I could. She tumbled to the ground and landed on her back, a groan escaping her lips.

I sprung to my feet, but the girl didn't waste any time laying around and got up too, even if it was at a much slower pace.

"How cute." I taunted, smirking. "You really thought a measly wind jutsu would take me down?"

She let out a scream of anger and swung at me again, this time with her actual fist. I easily ducked under her wild attack and made a sharp hit at her jaw, neck snapping back.

And with her head, the rest of her body fell to the ground unconscious.

I huffed and rolled my left shoulder, before looking up toward the open mouthed people on the landing.

"Can I get some medical attention now?" I grimaced, rolling my shoulder again. "This hurts like a bitch, and I'm pretty sure I've won."

+

About my question from the last chapter about which Hogwarts house you think Kohana, Ryuu, and Katsu are in, I'm going to tell you what house they're actually in!

Kohana: slytherin

Katsu: Ravenclaw

Ryuu: Gryffindor

Do you agree with these placements?

I feel like it's most obvious Kohana's house is slytherin

thanks for reading!

xoxo

-kat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

571K 17.4K 107
Everybody knows Naruko's goal: She wants to be the best Hokage ever! But she is still a petty genin. Therefore, she has a long and dangerous path to...
4.3K 438 74
After a major mission went horribly wrong, the Leaf shinobi were ordered to retreat and abandon those left behind, even if it meant leaving teammates...
56.5K 2.2K 28
Three years. Three years had passed since Akari was last in the village, but she found her way home. She found her way back to her friends. The last...
2.2M 73.4K 61
[ ๏ผฎ๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ•๏ฝ”๏ฝ๏ผถ๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ‰๏ฝ๏ฝ•๏ฝ“ x ๏ผฒ๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ„๏ฝ…๏ฝ’ ] [Reader is Naruto's sister ] __________ *original naruto plot gets skipped alot* ใ€Š A story in which two clumsy ninjas find...