Being the Alpha's Mate

بواسطة Knotphjtfenotpo

Emma and Derek have been friends since they were born. Their parents have been friends for years; Derek's fat... المزيد

Being the Alpha's Mate
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five - Derek's POV
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine - Derek's POV
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve - Derek's POV
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Six

45.4K 984 44
بواسطة Knotphjtfenotpo

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to write this! I had a math test and I've signed up to take the SATs... sigh... I will try to write as often as I can... Until then, enjoy!

PS: 5,000 reads! You guys rock! <3

Chapter Six

--Emma’s POV--

“Derek!” I shriek as his arms snake around my waist and pull me back to the bed. I giggle as he slides my body beneath his and lowers himself over me.

“What?” Derek asks growling playfully into my neck. I shiver as his hot breath lands on my neck, creating little goose bumps across my skin.

“I… I.. I have to get to work.” I gasp as Derek presses hot kisses along my neck.

“So?” I roll my eyes and try to push him away but he captures my hands in his. “Can’t you call in sick?”

“No, Derek, we’ve already been over this already. I’m not quitting or calling in sick. It’s just a few hours anyway.” I say rolling out from under him.

I have a part time job at the local supermarket. It usually isn’t very busy so I’m a cashier, cleaner, and shelve stocker. I usually work in five hour shifts four days a week but I got a shorter three hour shift today because of scheduling conflicts.

“I don’t like that my mate has to work.” I roll my eyes at Derek’s face. His lower lip is stuck out a little pout.

“Your mate has a name.” I lean close, my lips close to his.

“Emma.” He sighs, licking his lips.

“Good.” I smirk when he tries to press his lips against mine and pull back.

I don’t know how it happened, but Derek and I have gotten close. Romantically. We haven’t slept together yet, you know sex, but we have been sleeping in my bed together, and we’ve been touching and kisses a lot. I know it’s a bad idea to do that, but I don’t care. I just want to touch him all the time.

I have a feeling my virginity isn’t going to last long at this rate.

“It’s not nice to tease, Kitten.” Derek growls, a fire building in his eyes.

“What will you do about it?” I demand, raising a brow at him.

This.” He pounces, pushing me down onto the bed and attacks my neck. He licks across the mating mark, goose bumps breaking out across my body as a warmth fills my stomach.

Kissing across to the other side of my neck he captures the skin between my neck and shoulder in his mouth sucking on it. Hard. I groan, my back arching off the bed as pleasure fills my body. I pant, my eyes closing as I try to regain my breath.

“Derek…” I sigh when he pulls back. Forcing my eyes open I look at him, watching as he smirks at the mark on my neck. Both the mating one and the hickey that I know is there.

“That was cruel.” I glare at him. My heart is pounding, my body hot and weak at the same time and my panties are wet.

“It’s okay, we can take care of that.” A smile pulls at my lips and I lace my fingers behind his neck and pull him towards me.

Our lips brush and our breaths mix as he whispers “We can take care of that….. After you get back from work.” I growl and he grins at my expression.

“Now who’s the tease?” I say pushing his body off mine. He rolls away willingly, laying on his back on the bed beside me.

I have to climb over him to get off the bed, hopping over piles of Derek’s stuff as I walk to the door.

I grab my purse off my desk and sling the strap over my shoulder, the brown of my purse looking oddly neutral against the lime green and banana yellow of my uniform.

I reach to close the door behind me and from inside my room Derek yells at the top of his lungs;

“Have a good day at work, honey!” I glare at the door as if I can see him through it. I know he’s proud of himself, grinning at his own joke. I jerk the door shut, a loud slam echoing throughout the hallway pleases me.

****

Work is boring to say the least. I spent the first hour cleaning and restocking shelves because there weren’t any customers. The grocery store that I work at isn’t the most popular place to shop at. It’s hard to have customers when a big grocery store chain opened just down the road. Twenty or thirty customers are still loyal but everyone else has betrayed us for the chain store.

I watch the clock, the little hand moving slow, the big hand even slower. As I mop the last part of the floor I start to wish that I’d taken Derek’s “advice” to skip work today.

When the clock hits three I feel like it’s been twice as long. I happily hang up my apron and head to the car. I’m digging in my purse for my keys when I hear,

“Hey, Babe, how was work?” I glance up, smiling when I see Derek leaning against the driver’s door of my car. His arms are crossed over his chest, a black tank top stretching across his chest, tanned arms on display. A pair of dark sunglasses are perched on his nose, one side of his mouth tipped up.

“It was good. How long have you been waiting?” I pull the hair tie out of my hair and run my fingers through my hair. My scalp aches from having my hair up in a ponytail for hours.

“Not long.” Derek says, grabbing the car keys out of my hand. He clicks the unlock button and nods towards the car. “Get in.” He says, climbing into the car. On the drivers side.

“You are not driving my car!” I frown, planting my hands on my hips.

“Yes I am. Now come on, I have a surprise.” I give him one last glare but grudgingly climb in the passenger seat. I want to know what sort of surprise he has planned that made him stand outside and wait for me.

It should be good.

****

“Open your eyes.” I feel Derek lift his hand away from my face, which he’d placed over my eyes as a “precautionary measure”.

I slowly blink against the bright light, my eyes unfamiliar to the light after having to have my eyes closed for half the drive here. I complained the entire time wanting him to relent and tell me where we’re going. He stayed strong and told me to sush then turned the radio up.

I gasp when the view comes into my focus as my eyes adjust to the blinding light. We’re in the middle of nowhere with green grass and tall trees all that you can see for miles. To my right is lake nearly the size of my house with an enormous cascading waterfall above it. The waterfall descends into the lake, the water splattering against the surface.

I feel my stomach turn- in a good way -when I turn bad to Derek. He’s looking at me, judging my reaction and I give him a huge smile, jumping on him, wrapping my legs around his waist and throwing my arms around him.

“This is beautiful!” I whisper into his ear. His skin is hot against mine and I want to change into a suit. I hope he brought some.

“You brought swim suits, right?” I ask, pulling back to look at him. He winks at me through his dark shades.

“Of course.” He slowly lowers me to the ground, our bodies rubbing together as I move to the ground. He releases me and turns back to my car. I didn’t realize but he brought a black duffle bag with him. I didn’t see it when him when he was leaning against my car waiting for me.

“How did you get that in my car?” I ask, more curious than alarmed.

Derek slings the duffle bag over his shoulder and pulls two sets of keys from his pocket.

“How’d you get that!” I demand grabbing both my set and the spare set of keys from his hand.

“Your Dad gave me it.” He snatches the second set out of my hands and tucks it back in his pocket.

“He is so in trouble for that!” I state angrily.

“It’s okay, Baby, I told him too.” He tosses me a wad of clothing. “Now put that on, we have some swimming to do.”

I leap on Derek, putting all my weight on him and try to dunk him under. I’m completely soaked from the top of my head to my toes. After putting on the bikini- a small gold one with little baby triangles as the top and a small matching string piece for the bottom -I did the girly toe dip in the water to make sure it wasn’t too cold, and Derek, wanting none of that, scooped me up into his arms and jumped into the water. He didn’t just jump, he cannonball, splashing water everywhere. I tried to surface but he tugged me down, making sure I was completely submerged before releasing me.

I smirk as Derek “sinks” under the water. I love that he pretends that I can take him.

I giggle as he surfaces, shaking his head like the dog he is and growls playfully at me. I shriek as he pounces, shooting himself towards me. I leap away, swimming towards the falls. My arms arch, cutting through the water quickly and I silently thank all the swim lessons I took in middle and high school.

I shriek as he catches me, pushing me roughly under the water.

I hold my breath and swim backwards away from him. I can see him clearly in the light blue water of the lake. I see him swish his hands in the water, trying to find me and I laugh. I burst upwards, water going everywhere as I do.

“Not funny, Baby, I thought you’d drowned.” Derek says, catching me around the waist.

“I can swim, Derek, I have since I was five.” I roll my eyes at Derek.

My Dad is super protective. When I could walk he had me in the water, getting me accustomed to it. When I was five I could swim on my own.

“Whatever, Baby.” Derek states, bringing my face close to his. I close my eyes and press my lips against his. I could get used to playful Derek.

****

Two hours later we’re laying on a blanket in the sun munching on ham and cheese sandwiches and sipping bottles of water. I sigh as I take the last bite of my sandwich and lay down on the blanket.

“I’m stuffed.” I state, rubbing my hand over my stomach.

“You only ate three.” I glance at Derek. He is currently on his fourth sandwich. For him, three whole sandwiches, ham and cheese with lettuce, mayo, pickles and peppers, crust included, is not a meal.

“If I keep eating I’m going to explode.”

Derek moves across the blanket and pats my flat stomach.

“Yeah, right.”

I give him a look.

“Easy for you to say, Mr. Abs and Biceps.”

“You have abs.” Derek says poking them.

“Not a six pack!” I have the mini, two-pack version.

He takes a bite of his sandwich and we fall into a moment of silence.

“Could you ever imagine us having kids?”

I’m shocked at that. I’ve never considered having kids, mate or not. It’s unapproached territory.

I lay flat on my back and stare up at the sky.

“I’m not sure.” I pause then turn to look at him. He’s looking right at me, but I can’t judge his thoughts because of the shades resting on his nose.

“I mean, I’ve never thought about it. I always knew I’d have a mate, and then I found out it was you… it’s like, that part was a sure thing, but I was never really concerned about the child factor, you know?” I search his face for his reaction. I don’t know what to expect. Isn’t usually the girl who brings up the kids talk, not the guy?

“Yeah, I guess I get it.” Derek says, looking away from me.

“Do you want a family, Derek?” I ask, moving to sit up.

He’s silent for a long time and when I’m ready to get up and do something else he responds.

“Yeah, I do. I’ve always wanted to have a mate, a son to carry on my name and a whole bunch of daughters. I’ve watched my Mom and Dad and they were always so happy with themselves and their lives.” He turns to look at me, a small smile on his face. “I want that for us.”

I grin and I can feel my heart turn. “That’s so sweet. I know you’ll be a good Dad.” I rub his cheek, his 5 o’clock shadow pricking my skin.

“You’ll think about it? Us and some kids?” His tone is hopeful. I don’t understand why he wants this so much.

“Yeah. I will.” He smiles widely and kisses me on the lips and I fall a little more in love with him.

****

I lay in bed next to Derek, my back pressed up against his front, his arm draped over my waist, cupping my breast. His leg is wrapped around both of mine and soft snores escape his mouth.

His bare chest puts of immense heat, so much so that I can feel like through my tank top. Derek likes to sleep in just his boxers. I think he’d sleep in the nude if I’d allow it.

I turn in his arms, rolling until I’m facing him. I take the moment to study him. I know he’d be a good father. Now that I have the time to think about it without Derek catching on to my every thought and feeling. I sigh, tracing my finger around his nipple, and grin as the little bud puckers and he groans in his sleep.

I don’t get why he’s so interesting in having children. He’s nineteen and I’m eighteen, we should be going to clubs and celebrating the fact that we are adults now, not talking about children.

I drag my finger up his chest, placing my hand on the right side of his neck and imagining for the first time where I would put my mark. Between Alpha couples it’s normal for both male and female to claim each other, where as in regular mating’s between wolves, only the male claims the female. Stupid rule, I know.

I sigh, laying my head down on Derek’s chest. I could imagine having his child. A little boy with a mess of black hair, dark skin and a determined glint in his blue eyes, the only part of me he has. If it means having a beautiful little boy that looks just like his father, I could get used to this child thing.

I close my eyes, content that I have sorted some stuff out, and allow sleep to take me.

****

--Derek’s POV--

I feel her breaths become even and soft, and I know she’s asleep. I allow myself to relax and release a breath. I was awake the moment she rolled over in my arms and when she started tracing her fingers on me? Fuuuck… My dick rose to attention right away.

I growl softly, scrubbing a hand over my face. Why did I insist on sleeping with her with out sleeping with her? This is fucking torture! To have her scent in my nose and her body pressed to mine for hours at night? Fucking torture not being able to touch her. Not being able to make her scream and gasp my name.

I turn my face away from her and try not to think about that. If I do, I’ll never get any sleep.

I think back to the lake I took her to today. Why did I bring up kids? I don’t know why. I’ve just always wanted them. Mom and Dad have always been that stupid happy couple that everyone loves and hates at the same time. I guess I just want that for myself. Where wanting kids at nineteen came from, I have no fucking clue. But…

A little girl with long golden brown hair and these big blue eyes. I can imagine her in a pink dress holding a little teddy bear and calling me “dada.” She’d have the same temper as her mother, fast and hot, and she’d have my nose and mouth, she’d be perfect. I sigh, thinking about Emma growing round with my kids. Yeah, we’ll have a bunch of kids. Unconsciously I let my hand drift until it’s resting on Emma’s stomach. I could have kids with her. She’d be a good mom, a damn good mom.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

2.2K 415 36
when emma goes to her uncle's place to live with him until her high school gets over she thought she could live a life without any fear and nobody t...
1.1M 35K 23
Xavier found out his mate was his best friend, Alex, when he was sixteen years old. He told Alex, but Alex couldn't believe it so he 'rejected' him...
71K 2.5K 16
Two packs fight for dominance, but only one is destined to win. When River's Father, the Alpha of the Black Water Pack, looses the war with the Blue...
17.4K 679 54
Olivia jane Alexander the girl i didn't liked much but everything changed in a blink of an eyes. I don't know when, why and how everything happened...