Dare || Mirio Togata x Reader...

By twentyninemoons

Written in 2019 Dare: [N] A challenge, especially to prove courage; [V] to have the courage to do something ... More

Secret secret
Make a move
First date jitters
Denials and excuses
Hurry, hero
What the actual fuck, Mirio.
Avoidance and Ignorance
The reason to excuse
Do you dare?
NOT AN UPDATE BUT HOLY SHIT
Cover update!

Have you proven yourself?

6.8K 370 530
By twentyninemoons

A/N: Long chapter! And songs are there. Picked them from my faves list. Heehee just imagine that song playing while the truth gets slapped onto your face.

"See you guys later! I'll be in the dorms Mirio!" 

(Name) waved goodbye to her closest friends and ran over to the stairwell, dodging some of the kouhais on the way and greeting them as she passed. On the last set of steps, she jumped over and burst through the doors, speeding towards the dorms.

She had anticipated for this day for the past week, she couldn't even sleep properly the previous night she was so excited for the dance that would take place in just a few hours' time. Turning the knob of the door, she proceeded to lock it before throwing open her closet doors to bring out her pride and joy. (Name) and Mirio had spent hours on end making it look perfect and their hard work has paid off.

It looked absolutely beautiful. To her.

The ombre hooded cape that hung on her shoulders and clipped to her pristine white blouse flowed gracefully behind her, the gold trim she had patiently sewed in gleaming in the light. The corset showed off her frame just as she wanted, with the skirt following her every twirl. What finished the look were the expensive knee high lace up boots she got from the mall and the choker that Mirio had bought for her for the dance.

She loved it so much that she hugged it and squealed into the cloth. 'O-my-gah I'm so happy! Mirio hasn't actually seen me in it, but I really wonder how Mirio's turned out..'

(A/N: Yeah, smile while you can, reader. That won't last for long *evil laugh*)

She took a quick shower and dried her hair, styling the ends into a curl. Then she proceeded to put on some light makeup, just a little bit of eyeliner, mascara, cherry lip tint and pink coral blush. She was halfway into securing her corset, when a knock on the door sounded in her room. 

"Who is it?" she called, still focused on looping the strings into the many holes. "I-it's Tamaki. Can I come in?" a meek voice replied from the other side of the door as another single knock came.

"Mmhmm! Just a second! I'll open the door." She walked towards the door (a little wobbly at first because of the new boots) then welcomed the ravenette inside. His costume looked very realistic as his hooded robe, shirt, trousers and boots captured the essence of a Light elf. Even the bow and quiver prop he had slung over his torso was a nice touch.

"Oh wow! You look like you just jumped out of the world of D&D! I'm so jealous!" she inspected his robe and pinched his cheek lightly, shooting him a pout in the end. "Hey, come on...I'm not that good in sewing..." Tamaki's eyes glazed over her costume and complimented her skillful hands.

(Name) merely giggled and waved it off, then letting him sit on her bed as she finished off tying the strings on the corset. He applauded her as she twirled around, doing funny and exaggerated poses with the tailored costume. With clammy hands and quivering shoulders, he readied himself. 'Okay, Okay Tamaki...This is it. You're gonna tell her right now or so help me-'

Another set of knuckles rapping on the door made him jolt in place, almost making him fall out of the bed and onto the cold floor. (Name) ran to open it, revealing Mirio in a surprisingly detailed costume that matched the girl perfectly. 

"Woah! Am I in heaven right now? You look so pretty!" the blonde wrapped the girl in a bear hug and she returned the compliment, her face reddening a little more while she spoke, her eyes glancing towards him for a second as she beamed at Mirio.

Tamaki gulped.

'Impeccable timing..' he groaned inwardly, wringing his hands together. He only nodded when Mirio had shot him a 'great get up' and pulled at the collar of his shirt.

"Hey, Nejire's at the gym right now getting us seats, so why don't we all go together?" Mirio's suggestion was a little off putting for Tamaki since he felt like such a loser third wheel to them, and also because his anxiety was going to eat him alive if he were to stare at him being all fake lovey dovey.

But, (Name) agreed, so he's going to be the patient, kind friend as always.

As they strolled through the path towards the gym, they greeted their kouhais in their own unique attire resembling something or someone, earning praise and flattery for their clothing. (Name) was also freaking out inside her mind, feeling the blonde squeeze her hand while they walked, Tamaki trailing right behind them.

"I'm so excited!" (Name) squealed, letting out a laugh from her tinted lips. "So am I. I can't wait for the slow dance, (Name)." Mirio wiggled his brows and she playfully pushed his face away, shaking her head with a smile.

Tamaki felt like his legs were going to give out. 'Oh god, I should have told her earlier! Ugh, why am I such an idiot!?' His face contorted into a grimace as they swung their interlocked fingers back and forth. 

Nearing the gym, colors of green, blue, pink and purple strobe out of the open windows. The bass of the music was so strong they could feel it in their hearts and under their feet as they marched inside. The students of the academy danced to the upbeat music, some of the teachers and staff off to the side, simply chatting or supervising the dance, and some joining their students in raving. 

Some were peacefully sitting by their tables, eating or conversing and laughing among themselves. Jiro Kyoka, the girl with the earphone jack quirk as she remembered from helping them that one day, was settled in the dj booth set up on the far corner of the gym, mixing up tunes and playing song requests to keep the party lively. First years yelled and jumped to the beat, and punched the air in enthusiasm. Some second years forming a conga line and dancing without a care in the world. Her batch mates and some of her classmates were the rowdiest, making the most out of their senior year in U.A.

It was such a sight to see, that (Name) stared some more to burn it into her brain. It was a night to be filled with joy and fun, and she couldn't wait for their implemented requests to take effect.

"Hey! Hey! Over here!" 

The three turned their heads towards Nejire, in an alluring deep blue dress with a slit down the legs adorned with purple emblems and a see through mask lightly covering her lips, she also wore matching gloves that went up to her biceps. Locks of hair were tied by golden pins, the jewels of the headdress swayed with every turn of her head.

(Name) and Nejire exchanged compliments as they sat down next to each other, Tamaki feeling uncomfortable for the very first time in his life sitting next to his childhood friend. His dark eyes gazing over to him and to (Name) every so often while he did his best to keep up with their conversation, eat his share of food from the buffet that Lunch Rush had prepared and sit not so awkwardly at the table and comply with the requests of dancing with his kouhais.

His mind was in a frenzy as he desperately formulated words to say when the time comes for (Name) to finally, finally know the truth that had been hidden from her. 

"Hey, (Name)." Mirio turned to the girl once the slow dance song had started. The warm purple lights of the gym shone on him and radiated a heavenly glow as he offered her his hand. "Wanna dance?"

As if put on a spell, (Name) took his hand and let herself be led onto the dance floor, unable to speak as she watched him look back to her and smile so brighter than all of the lights in the building. She could feel her cheeks heat up as they faced each other, her hands reaching up to his shoulders and his hands resting on her waist. Mirio leaned down towards her, their foreheads touching as they smiled and swayed to the music, not caring for the many other students and teachers that surrounded them.

(Name)'s heart beat erratically as they danced to the music. She had already memorized the texture of the cloth of his shirt, and the weight of his big hands against her waist. The girl closed her eyes as she was engulfed in a sense of euphoria, feeling like she was on cloud 9 just being with him in this moment. And she knew for sure that none of their dates would ever measure up to this.

He smiled down at her softly and she returned it. Her eyes trailed towards his lips and back up to his bewitching blue eyes. He seemed to do the same as well. They leaned closer, and closer...

'O-oh my god...is this really happening?' (Name) thought, her heart pounding against her ribs and in her ears.

But then the slow dance song was replaced by an energetic and upbeat song, startling all of them and making the two part and look up at the stage. They then eased into the song, dancing and laughing with all the others.  

'Ah, so close! I can't believe that we almost kissed... AAAAAAAAAAA-' (Name) cackled at Kaminari doing stupid dance steps but she copied him as well, along with other sudents from 1-A that she had befriended.

(A/N: wait until 1:41 then continue below.)

They laughed and they raved with the other students and with the other kouhais, even with Present Mic. She was having such a good time that she didn't know that she got separated from Mirio, and was grabbed by Tamaki. 

Tamaki had finally mustered up the confidence he needed and he pulled (Name) away from the blonde that searched for her and near the exit of the gym. "Tamaki? What the-"

"It's a lie. He's lying."

(Name) couldn't hear him from the volume of the song. Everything had suddenly turned louder than it was before. "What? What did you say? I can't hear you!".

Tamaki's brows knit together while he looked around and planted his hands on her shoulders and gripped them, making her focus on what he was saying as he shook her as gently as he could.

"Listen to me! Stop believing him, (Name)! It's all a lie! Everything about your relationship with him is a lie! Mirio's lying to you!"

(Name)'s shoulders drooped, the corners of her lips curling downwards as she tried to process what she had just heard from Tamaki. "Wh..What?"

"During that party that Taro threw three months ago..They... they played truth or dare or double dare. And Mirio was dared to do everything he had been doing for the past three months. He's...Mirio-He's only acting to get you out of the dorms and to- (Name)! Please, please, please stop believing him. I can't watch you follow him blindly because of a lie that Taro had made for him to do!" Tamaki looked down, tears collecting in his eyes as he sniffled, "I..I'm so so sorry I couldn't tell you sooner. I...I didn't know how to tell you..."

The world around her turned dull and dark as she took in every word that Tamaki had said. It felt like time slowed down once she realized everything made sense now. (Name) didn't know what to feel except for anger, sadness and disappointment. For months, she had been following him around like an idiot, thinking that fate had finally been kind to her and has given her the chance to find love in someone that she loved. But no, it had played her for a fool.

It was so obvious, why didn't she even notice it right away? The immediate confession out of the blue, the constant talks with Taro, the dates outside the campus, the piercing stares and whispers that wafted through the air whenever she and him passed the guys in her homeroom.

"Do you think she knows?"

"Man, I feel so bad about this.."

"That's really fucked up, man.. Look at her..."

Everything, everything. All of the dates, the hugs, the hand holding, the kiss on the cheeks... it was always out of obligation for the dare. It was for the dare and never for her. Nothing for her

Tamaki grew concerned as she only gaped at the floor, tears of her own collecting in her eyes. He gently shook her once again, calling out to her and asking if she was okay. She then came out of her trance and replied, her voice low and almost barely audible . "I..I'm fine." she nodded, turning her back and walking onto the dance floor to look for him. Confrontation might not be a good choice given her situation right now, as she was emotionally unstable, but she had to know. She had to know why he even thought about saying yes to that dare.

"(Name)! Hey, I was looking for yo-"

"You, know, Mirio...I never really asked about that party that Taro threw a while ago like I usually did. Mind telling me?" 

Mirio gulped as a bead of sweat rolled down his nape. A chill spread throughout his back, making him shudder in fear. "Uh-uhm.. about that..."

"I want to know about everything. The brand of soda, the number of bag of chips that Taro had bought, the music, if anyone had ever knocked on the door telling you to quiet down, and most importantly," she crossed her arms, sending him a hard stare that could make even the toughest villains faint "That really interesting game of truth or dare or double dare that you have participated in."

The blonde released a shaky breath and swallowed the lump forming in his throat. She wasn't supposed to know until the hero's day dance! Taro said she wasn't going to react like this! He desperately tried to find a way to change the topic, anything to escape this situation that he was put in but he knew for himself that he wouldn't be able to get away. He was already caught in the spider's web.

"So," She crossed her arms on her chest, the red hood drooping down her shoulders as she sighed. Her kind eyes were settled on the floor, refusing to look at his own. She can't look at him anymore. She can't see him as the same person that she knew. He wasn't the same Mirio that had approached her all those years ago.

"When were you going to tell me?"

He really shouldn't have accepted that dare.

"I..I'm sorry I-"

"And you own up to it. I can't believe it. How could you agree to that? Have you not even considered how I would feel?

It's all about proving yourself to others huh? Well then, Togata, tell me. Answer me honestly, have you proven yourself to them? Have you proven yourself to be the biggest douchebag that walked the earth?" Tears were now collecting once again in her eyes, but not a single one has fallen. 

Mirio hadn't felt so cornered in all his life. And he knew he deserved it. 

---

It's not over yet!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 6.1K 28
Written around 2018-2019 NUMBER 1 IN #MIRIO NUMBER 1 IN #BNHABOYS (updated jan 25 2020) NUMBER 3 IN #TENYA ----- "You don't know?" Mina asked her, t...
33.7K 1K 16
(Discontinued) "And I mean-," he continued talking as if he didn't notice the blushing girl beside him. "The more I've gotten the know you...the more...
162K 4.3K 29
You're just an ordinary woman, with a quirk you find useless, who enjoys nothing but peace. Even though your life wasn't as peaceful as you would've...