F | Girl On Fire (Station 19)

By ChloeOgradyXo

Brooklyn Montgomery is the younger sister of Travis Montgomery. She's seventeen-years-old and has been in fos... More

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
INTRODUCTION
ONE
TWO
PLEASE READ
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR

NINE

3.3K 76 18
By ChloeOgradyXo

It's 8 pm. After what happened with Karen and Mason, Brooklyn has decided to join Alyssa and Sarah at a party. As Karen and Mason have gone out themselves, she doesn't have to worry about sneaking out. She gets changed into a simple shirt and black pants with some black converse and does a simple make-up look. For her hair, she simply pulls it up into a high ponytail. By the time she's ready, it's 8:45. She picks her phone up and orders herself an uber. Within fifteen minutes, she arrives at Alyssa's house. She walks up to the drive and knocks on the door. A few moments later, Alyssa answers the door.

'Hey.' Brooklyn smiles.

'Hey.' Alyssa smiles back. 'I didn't think that you'd come.' She adds, letting Brooklyn in.

'Why not?' Brooklyn replies.

'Well, you don't seem like the party type.' Alyssa states. 'And you are very underdressed.'

'What do you mean?' Brooklyn asks.

'We're going to a nightclub.' Sarah states as she joins them. 'Alyssa, I think we have a fashion emergency.' Alyssa smirks and looks at Brooklyn. 'Come on. Alyssa will give you some clothes to wear and I'll do your make-up again and Alyssa will do something with your hair. We've got to look 21 to match our IDs.' Sarah flips up a set of three fake IDs.

'Let's go.' Alyssa says. Over the next hour, Brooklyn gets changed into the clothes and shoes that Alyssa had given to her. Alyssa and Sarah have both worked on doing Brooklyn's hair and make-up and by 10 pm, they're done.

Her outfit:

Her hair:

Her makeup:

Just as they finish, a car horn beeps from outside.

'Just in time for our ride.' Sarah grins. 'Let's go.' All three walk out of the house, down to the car and get in. 'Before we go,' Sarah starts, looking at Brooklyn, 'are you sure you want to come?'

'Yeah.' Brooklyn nods. 'I'm sure.' Alyssa nods at the driver who starts the drive to the nightclub.

.

A couple of hours have passed. Alyssa, Sarah and Brooklyn are dancing on the dancefloor. They all have a glass of vodka coke in their hands.

'How'd you get the fake IDs?' Brooklyn asks Sarah.

'I know people.' Sarah smiles. 'Y'know, we're seeing a side of you that we didn't think we'd see.'

'Well.' Brooklyn sighs. 'I don't think my foster parents will be giving a shit about what I do or what happens to me anymore.' Brooklyn takes a sip of her drink and sees that Alyssa and Sarah are looking at her confused. 'It's a long story.' She then goes on to explain what happened.

'They're the bitches!' Alyssa exclaims. She reaches into her pocket a pulls out a little bag of pills. She empties the pills into her pocket and hands a couple to Brooklyn. 'You look a little tense. These will take the edge off.'

'What is it?' Brooklyn questions.

'Molly.' Sarah responds. 'It's a party drug. You don't have to take it if you-' Brooklyn throws the pills into her mouth, 'okay then.' She smiles. Both Sarah and Alyssa then take some of the pills and put them in their mouths.

'Your parents are okay with you doing all this?' Brooklyn queries.

'Mine are out of town so they have no idea.' Alyssa replies. 'They wouldn't care anyway.' She adds, shrugging.

'My parents just let me do what I want. As long as I don't get pregnant or do drugs or have sex in the house, they're cool with whatever I do.' Sarah says. 'What happened to your parents?'

'They died.' Brooklyn states. 'About four years ago. I was going to go and live with my brother but because he's a firefighter and his husband was a firefighter, CPS thought I'd be better off in the system.'

'CPS don't know about-' Alyssa goes to ask.

'No.' Brooklyn interrupts her, shaking her head. 'I'd prefer to keep it that way for now.'

.

An hour has passed and Sarah, Alyssa and Brooklyn have decided that they've had enough so they leave. As they're hungry, they decide to go into the nearest KFC for something to eat. They walk in and instantly, the people on the counter knows that they're going to be trouble. The three girls walk up to the counter.

'Hi, can we have two of your 16 piece boxes.' Alyssa slurs.

'And erm- six sodas.' Sarah adds.

'Oh, and six boxes of popcorn chicken.' Brooklyn also adds. The person on the till just looks at them.

'That's a- that's a big order.' They point out.

'No shit sherlock! We're the ones that are ordering and eating it!' Alyssa exclaims.

'And how are you going to pay for all of this?' The cashier queries.

'By card, dumbass.' Alyssa gets her card out and puts it the card machine. After putting in her pin, the machine accepts her order. She takes her card out and puts it back into her purse.

'You girls would be better off taking a seat. We'll bring over your order when it's ready.' The cashier tells them. They smile and walk over to a table. Alyssa and Sarah sit on the chairs whilst Brooklyn sits on the table. As they're visibily loud, the cashier calls down the shift manager. As the shift manager is busy, they keep an eye on the teenage girls. Once the kitchen staff has gotten their food ready, they take it all over to the teenage girls with the cashier.

'You girls must be hungry.' One of the kitchen workers says.

'You have no idea.' Brooklyn states as she stuffs a chicken tender in her mouth. The kitchen staff and cashier all walk back over to the counter where the shift manager is waiting.

'I've been watching using the CCTV.' The shift manager starts. 'How old do you think they are?'

'No more than seventeen.' The cashier shakes their head. 'But they're gacked out of their minds.'

'Call the police.' The shift manager states. 'Make sure that they know that we're just concerned about them.'

'Yes, sir.' The cashier nods and walks off.

Fifteen minutes later, Ryan arrives. He walks up to the manager who is waiting outside.

'What's going on?' Ryan asks.

'Three girls came in and placed quite a large order.' The manager starts. 'The worker on the till noticed that they're drunk and quite possibly high. They haven't done anything to harm anyone and they haven't caused any damage to the property but we're concerned. I mean, it is two am.'

'Did you happen to hear any of their names?'

'No.' The manager shakes his head. 'They can't be any older than seventeen though.'

'Right.' Ryan nods. 'I'll sort it out.' The manager leads Ryan into the restaurant. When they walk in, Brooklyn is stood on the table whilst Alyssa and Sarah are stood on the chairs, dancing the YMCA. They walk over to them.

(for reference in case you don't know the dance!)

'Brooklyn?' Ryan gasps, shocked. Brooklyn stops dancing.

'Shit.' She mutters under her breath. She turns around and smiles. 'Hi, Ryan!'

'Brooklyn, what are you doing?' Ryan asks her. 'Come down from there.' He grabs into her arm and helps her off the table. 'You too, girls.' Alyssa and Sarah do as they're told.

'We're just having a bit of fun.' Brooklyn smiles.

'By getting drunk and high and then dancing on tables in the middle of a fast food restaurant at 2am?' Ryan raises his eyebrow.

'And?' Brooklyn shrugs her shoulders.

'And?!' Ryan exclaims. 'You're seventeen, Bryn. Do Karen and Mason know where you are?' Brooklyn looks down. 'I take that as a no.' He looks at Alyssa and Sarah. 'What about you two?'

'Yeah.' Sarah nods.

'Mine are out of town.' Alyssa says.

'Well, I'm going to let you three off with a warning and take you home.' He informs them. 'What are your names?' Alyssa and Sarah tell him their names. 'Come on.' The three girls follow Ryan outside. He opens the back door to the patrol car and they all climb in. Once they're in, he closes the door and turns back to face the manager. 'Thank you for calling. I'll make sure they get home safe.' He climbs into the driver's seat and turns to fave the three girls. 'Tell me your addresses.' Alyssa tells him her address before Sarah tell him her address.

'You already know my address.' Brooklyn sighs, looking out of the window.

'Alyssa, I'll drop you off first, then I'll drop you off, Sarah.' Ryan says. 'And then I'll drop you off, Bryn. Put your seat belts on.' He turns back around and puts his own seat belt on. He checks that the girls have theirs on before driving off.

Half an hour later, Ryan has dropped Alyssa and Sarah off at home. Before he starts the drive to Brooklyn's house, he turns to face her.

'What happened Bryn? This isn't you.' He questions the young girl.

'You barely know me.' Brooklyn scoffs.

'I know it isn't you because of they way Travis always describes you.' Ryan raises his eyebrow. 'What's going on?'

'I can't go home.' Brooklyn shakes her head. 'Not tongiht, anyway.'

'Bryn, you have to.' Ryan tells her.

'Can't you take me to Travis' or something?'

'Did something happen with Karen and Mason?' Ryan queries. Brooklyn stays silent. 'Bryn, I've already told you - you can tell me anything.'

'Please, can you just take me to Travis'?' Brooklyn pleads.

'Okay.' Ryan eventually nods. 'But I'll be calling Karen and Mason to tell them what happened.'

'Fine.' Brooklyn sighs.

.

Fifteen minutes later, they are pulling up in front of Travis' house. Ryan gets out and opens the door so that Brooklyn can get out. They both walk up the drive and Ryan bangs loudly on the door. After a few minutes, they see the light in the hallway turn on and the door opens. Travis stands, running his face.

'Ryan, Bryn? What's going on?' Travis asks confused. Travis sees the size of Brooklyn's pupils. 'Are you high? Drunk?' He asks.

'Tincy bit of both.' Brooklyn motions with her fingers.

'She didn't want to go back home.' Ryan tells Travis.

'You better come in and explain.' Travis lets the two in. 'Bryn, go and sit in the front room whilst I talk to Ryan.' Brooklyn quietly does as she's told. Ryan explains everything to Travis and, ten minutes later, Travis joins Brooklyn. He sits next to her on the sofa. 'Ryan told me everything.' Travis sighs. 'What's going on?'

'Nothing.' Brooklyn shakes her head. 'I just--I just wanted to have some fun.'

'There are so many other ways that you can have fun, Bryn. Drinking and drugs can do you serious harm. What if your drink had been spiked? Or what if the drugs you took were dodgy? Something bad could have happened.' Travis tells her. A tear falls from her eyes. 'Bryn, if something has happened with Karen and Mason, you can tell me and we can sort it out. I know you, Bryn, you don't stuff like this. Talk to me.'

'I'm tired.' Brooklyn states and Travis sighs.

'Come on. I'll get you a shirt to wear and you can sleep in the guest room.' Travis stands up. Brooklyn also stands up. 'We'll have a proper chat in the morning once you're sober. Okay?'

'Yeah.' Brooklyn nods. She follows Travis upstairs. He walks into his bedroom and comes out a few moments later with an SFD top he was given but was too big for him. He hands it to Brooklyn. 'Thanks.'

'There's some wet wipes, a spare toothbrush and some toothpaste in the bathroom.' He tells her. 'Night.' He kisses the top of her head.

'Night.' Brooklyn whispers. Travis walks back into his bedroom and closes the door. After a few minutes, Brooklyn walks into the bathroom, closes the door and looks in the mirror. Taking the hair tie from around her wrist, she places her hair into a bun before taking a wet wipe and wiping all of her makeup off. Once she's done that, she washes her face properly and brushes her teeth. She walks through to the guest room, gets into the bed and snuggles under the duvet. She tries to fight back tears but ends up crying herself to sleep.

~~

Is this the start of something with Brooklyn? What do you think caused her to go to the nightclub? Leave your predictions in the comments!

Let me know what you think of the chapter!

Much love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 222 50
Amelia is a introverted 16 year old with a kind heart, she believes in true love and that her boyfriend Liam is her soulmate. Things take the wrong w...
271K 12.6K 56
Despite years of abuse by a close family member, Maya is starting to learn the meaning of trust and love with the help of her new family. She's made...
84.1K 1.4K 26
Emma Logan-Hunt is seventeen-years-old. One day, she turns up at Grey-Sloan Memorial with a cut to her head and a secret that will rock one of the do...
Shadows By TJ

Fanfiction

88.9K 2.7K 52
Anastasia Dakota Forbes Montgomery is the younger sister of Addison Montgomery. Anastasia has a tough relationship with her family and is tired of be...