I'm Sorry (Peter Parker x Fem...

By panicatmyemoromance

[COMPLETE] This is a Peter Parker x reader that takes place during the same time line as Homecoming, but is n... More

Disclaimer and Character Transcript
Chapter 1: New School
Chapter 2: The Questioning
Chapter 3: Hard Truths
Chapter 4: The Plan
Chapter 5: Painful Recollections
Chapter 7: And the Truth Comes Out
Chapter 8: Meaningful Conversations
Chapter 9: Time to Tell
Chapter 10: The Unmasking
Chapter 11: The New Plan
Chapter 12: The Battle
Chapter 13: The Breakdown
Chapter 14: The Meet
About New Chapter

Chapter 6: Sad Misunderstandings

1.6K 34 40
By panicatmyemoromance

When there was around five minutes left of your French class, you asked the teacher if you could use the restroom. She said yes, so you grabbed your bag and walked across the building to Peter's Spanish class and waited for him so that you could walk to Academic Decathlon together. He wasn't expecting you to show, so when he saw you, he had the biggest smile you've ever seen. He immediately grabbed your hand to make sure you were there, and walked to practice. You weren't sure exactly what happened to him yesterday, but you knew it was because he was always making sure that you were real and that you were actually there, with him.

After practice, you and Peter walked outside and found Sam waiting in a car to pick the two of you up. The car ride was silent, but when you reached the tower, you got out and gave Sam a hug. You then led Peter to your room and gave him a hug.

"Peter, spill. What exactly happened last night?" you asked while still holding on to him.

"Y/n, I'm sorry," he whispered.

"Peter, you have nothing to be sorry about. I just want to be able to help you and I can't do that unless you tell me," you said.

Peter sighed and nodded his head. "I was on patrol like every night when something actually interesting happened. There were these robbers trying to get into a bank, so I flipped in to stop them.  There ended up being a lot more of them then I thought, and they caught me off guard and held me up against the a wall. One of them held a knife to my throat, another held a gun to my head, and another kept repeatedly punching me until I blacked out. When I woke up they were still in the bank, but they had beat me up so bad; I didn't think I was going to make it. They had cut several gashes into my head and had beat me up pretty bad. It took all of my strength to web them up and leave a note for the police, and took three hours to get back to my apartment last night. I lost so much blood that I think I passed out a few times on the way there.  The entire time all I could think about was losing you," he said in tears.

"I-is that why you keep grabbing my hand, Peter?" you whispered and pulled him into your side.

"I-I just need t-to make sure that you're actually here, that you're real," he said, "I'm sorry."

"Peter, stop apologizing. You did nothing wrong, and if you need to hold my hand, then Peter, please hold my hand. I'm worried about you."

He beamed up at you and whispered, "Y-y/n, I don't know what I would ever do without you," making you blush.

"Come on, let's watch a movie. What do you want to watch?"

"I know this sounds stupid, but maybe a Disney movie?" he asked sheepishly.

"I would love that, Peter," you whispered as you grabbed his hand and walked to living room to watch Frozen. You chose Frozen because you thought breaking out into song may cheer Peter up and the fact that Elsa is in a similar situation to Peter, you thought it may give him hope. You asked FRIDAY to start the movie and sat down on the couch next to Peter. You had your head on his shoulder through the whole movie.

You and peter watched Disney movies until 8:30 when Peter needed to head home. The two of you laughed and had tons of fun, but neither of you dared to bring up what had been confessed at lunch. You figured that the two of you were already close friends and you both confessed under emotional and worrying circumstances, and that you would both ignore it until you had to confront it. Little did you know that Peter had wanted to bring it up the whole night, but was too afraid and nervous to. He knew that you were probably just trying to make him feel better, and when you said that you loved him, you meant as a friend.

You video called Peter as soon as he got into Happy's car, just like you promised. He answered looking a lot better than he did earlier in the day:

Peter: Hey y/n! Thanks so much for everything. It really helps to know that I have a friend that I can count on.

y/n: Peter, no need to thank me. I know that you would do the same thing for me. I mean, you already have. I just want you to be ok.

Peter: Ummm, y/n, do you want to come over tomorrow? You could meet Aunt May and we could play games or whatever. I mean, it's totally up to you. You don't have to come over if you don't want to.

y/n: Peter, I would love to come over! Do you have Twister? That's my favorite game.

Peter: Yeah, I have Twister, and we can definitely play.

y/n: Yes! Peter, you're the best! Hey, can we... umm... talk about what happened at lunch?

Peter: y/n, I get it; it's fine. You were just trying to make me feel better. You love me as a friend and I can live with that. Can we just forget about it and not let it ruin the relationship we already have?

Y/n: umm... yeah. Yeah, that's what I meant.

Peter: Ok, well, goodnight, y/n. I'm home, so I have to hang up. See you around, ummm does noon work?

y/n: Yeah, yeah, noon's great.

Peter: well, see you at noon, y/n. Sleep well and goodnight.

y/n: goodnight, Peter.

You hung up and walked to Bucky's room. You didn't really know why you were heading to Bucky's room, but you knew that you needed to talk to someone and just cry, and Bucky was the only person that you could think of, and the only person that you wanted to see you cry. You slowly started to knock on the door, already feeling the tears stream down your face. You heard his footsteps slowly get closer, and then finally, he opened the door. As soon as he saw you, he gasped and grabbed your hand, leading you to sit down on his bed. You sat facing him, but not making eye contact. He slowly lifted your chin, so that you were looking in his eyes, and then began to speak.

"Y/n, what happened? Last I saw, you were watching Frozen with Peter, and having a great time."

"Well, I was."

"Then why are you so upset?" he whispered.

"At lunch, Peter was crying so, I asked him what was wrong. He had come into school covered in cuts and bruises and I knew that he really wasn't ok. He told me he was Spider-Man," you paused, but cut Bucky off before he could say anything, "then he told me he loved me," you finished, crying even harder.

"I'm confused. Why is that a bad thing?" he asked with so much confusion on his face, it was funny.

"It's not, except that i thin I accidentally friend zoned him," you replied, once again looking down.

"How did you do that?" Bucky asked, his face laced with concern.

"Well, I was trying to make him feel better so, I said 'you're my best friend and I love you' and then we never brought it up again until i face timed him in the car. I asked if we could talk about it and he said not worry about it. He said that he could live with me only loving him as a friend and he asked if we could forget about it," you sobbed.

"Please tell me, you said something," Bucky pleaded.

"Well..."

"Y/n, you have got to be kidding me," you said while shaking his head.

"I said 'ok' and then he hung up because he was home," you finished.

"Seriously? Y/n, we have got to fix this. When are you going to talk to Peter next?" Bucky asked, hopeful.

"I'm going to his house tomorrow to play Twister," you said.

"You're playing Twister with a guy who literally told you that he was in love with you and that you have a massive crush on?" he asked starting to laugh, but you only nodded your head, not catching on. "Y/n, there is only one way this can end. With one of you laying on top of the other!"

"Ummm, ok?" you said confused, so it came out as more of a question.

"Whatever you do tomorrow, do not act all awkward and get up if you fall on him. Let things play out. Do you trust me?"

"I guess so. Thanks, Bucky," you whispered into his shirt as you hugged him.

"No problem, kid, anytime."

"Hey, ummm, Buck?" you asked.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Can you not tell anyone about this? I don't really want anyone to know," you asked while looking at your shows.

"Yeah, of course, kid. Anything else?"

"Would it be ok if I uh stayed in here tonight?" you asked sheepishly.

He laughed and responded, "Anytime,  y/n. I'll go get the sleeping bag out of the closet along with some blankets. You go get cleaned up and ready for bed."

"Thanks, Bucky," he said while hugging him tight.

He smiled and walked out to get some blankets. You walked back to your room and changed into a tank top and sleep shorts with your hair down and brushed. When you walked back to Bucky room, he already had your sleeping bag laid out with two blankets and pillows. You smiled and laid down, scrolling through Instagram.

"Goodnight, kid. See you in the morning," you head Bucky say from his bed.

"Night, Bucky, love you."

"Love you too, y/n," you smiled and fell asleep thinking about the great day you were going to have tomorrow with Peter and how thankful you were to have such a great and supportive family. You knew that any one of the Avengers would kill to protect you, although you hoped that that would never happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 26.2K 33
"I just want to protect you," Peter told me. *slowburn* Y/N Stark is the daughter of Tony Stark. When she finally convinces him to go to a real schoo...
54.1K 866 41
๐Ÿ™ค ยท โ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆ ยท ๊•ฅ ยท โ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆ ยท ๐Ÿ™ฆ "๐–๐š๐ข๐ญ... ๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐จ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง ๐“๐•..." ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฌ๐š๐ข๐, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ...
133K 3.6K 9
Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, young Peter Parker returns home to live with his Aunt May. Under the watchful eye of mentor Tony Stark...
118K 2.8K 11
The title is pretty self-explanatory. Just some one-shots about Peter Parker, our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. These stories will be pre-snap, u...