Chaotic Sword God

By Jepnox2nd

More

1601-1610
1611-1620
1621-1630
1631-1640
1641-1650
1651-1660
1661-1670
1671-1680
1681-1690
1691-1700
1701-1710
1711-1720
1721-1730
1731-1740
1741-1750
1761-1770
1771-1780
1781-1790
1791-1800
1801-1810
1811-1820
1821-1830
1831-1840
1841-1850
1851-1860
1861-1870
1871-1880
1881-1890
1891-1900
1901-1910
1911-1920
1921-1930
1931-1940
1941-1950
1951-1960
1961-1970
1971-1980
1981-1990
1991-2000
2001-2010
2011-2020
2021-2030
2031-2040
2041-2050
2051-2060
2061-2070
2071-2080
2081-2090
2091-2100
2101-2110
2111-2120
2120-2140

1751-1760

92 5 0
By Jepnox2nd

Chapter 1751: A Godking's Corpse

This time, no one doubted master Chanlong because the handprints on the stone door were clear evidence that people had already entered the place.

The traps Godking Duanmu had set around probably only had a single attack. The first hut was the best example.

The remaining Overgods all entered the second hut. There was also a miniature world within the second hut. Moreover, Godking Duanmu's Laws of Space had modified it, so it was much larger than the first hut.

Mountains obscured the space, and there was a range of mountains that spanned as far as the eye could see. Sharp sword Qi radiated from the mountains with a sense of supremacy. They were extremely powerful.

There were a few mirror-like rock faces among the endless stretch of mountains. A few slashes were left on the rock faces, which were the source of the sword Qi that permeated the surroundings. The sharp intent made all the Overgods shiver.

A few Gods were scattered before the rock face with the slashes. All their gazes were fixated on it; they wanted to comprehend the Laws of the Sword within.

With a boom, a few Gods slashed at the mountains up ahead. They wanted to take the slashes on the rock face away with them. However, the mountains had already changed from being soaked in the sword Qi for so long. They had become extraordinarily tough, so the full-powered attacks of the Gods only left a mark on its surface. Severing the entire mountain and taking it away was basically impossible.

"This should be where Godking Duanmu comprehended the sword," said Ling Hougong. His gaze was filled with joy. To him, this place was basically a supreme, treasured land.

This was because he comprehended the Laws of the Sword. If he continued his comprehension here, it would definitely become much easier for him.

A gleam of light flickered through Jian Chen's eyes as he too became excited. The sword slashes possessed the residue of what Godking Duanmu had comprehended from the Laws of the Sword. To him, they would be just too helpful. They could assist him in comprehending the Laws of the Sword and reach the partial achievement of Sword Spirit in an even shorter amount of time.

The Overgods left very quickly. They had already understood this place. It was only where Godking Duanmu comprehended the Laws of the Sword. It was not beneficial to them, nor were there any treasures, so it naturally did not attract them.

In the blink of an eye, all the Overgods aside from Jian Chen and Ling Hougong had left.

"Jian Chen, we both comprehend the Laws of the Sword, so this place is basically a blessed land to the two of us. Why don't we cultivate here for a while?" Ling Hougong asked. He wanted to stay behind.

"Jian Chen, leave here immediately. Go to the third hut. If I've guessed correctly, the third hut contains what I need," at this moment, fairy Hao Yue's voice rang out in Jian Chen's head.

Jian Chen clasped his fist towards Ling Hougong without any change in expression at all and said, "There's still one more hut left. I want to try my luck there for any impressive treasures and see what I can get."

Ling Hougong clasped his fist back at Jian Chen and said, "I won't be going to the third hut. I want to cultivate here for a while in hopes that my comprehension of the Laws of the Sword will increase. Jian Chen, I wish you luck!"

Jian Chen left after bidding farewell to Ling Hougong. He looked towards the third stone hut.

The ground outside the third hut was covered with corpses of Gods. All of them were missing body parts, having suffered miserable deaths. Jian Chen casually glanced past the corpses, and his eyes suddenly narrowed. His gaze fell onto one of their faces.

He just so happened to recognise the deceased God. He was one of the mid Gods from the Wayner clan who had hurried over when he, Mo Ling, and Ando Fu had opened the entrance to the dwelling. Close to him was a second person that Jian Chen recognised. He was the second mid God from the Wayner clan.

"I never thought that the two mid Gods of the Wayner clan would both die here," Jian Chen sighed secretly as he felt pity. Then he made his way over the many corpses and entered the third hut.

Compared to the two huts prior, the space within the third hut was much smaller. When Jian Chen entered, he discovered that all the Overgods had stopped there. Their gazes were all fixed ahead with mixed emotions.

Jian Chen followed their gazes, and his eyes narrowed suddenly as well. Afterwards, his face also became filled with mixed emotions. There was admiration as well as pity.

Before him sat a middle-aged man in green robes on a jade pedestal. His eyes were closed, and although he radiated with invisible sword Qi that was filled with the presence of supremacy, he did not have any presence of life at all.

"Godking Duanmu!" Jian Chen's feeling became extremely mixed when he saw the middle-aged man. He was a supreme expert who had made it onto the Godking's Throne. Although he did not make the rankings, his strength was still shocking. There were barely anyone at Godking who was his opponent. However, such a glorious expert had died in his own dwelling.

Besides that, it was thanks to the assistance of Godking Duanmu that his Way of the Sword could reach Sword Spirit. If it were not for the mark that Godking Duanmu had left in his disciple's dwelling to pass on his laws, it would not have been so easy for him to reach Sword Spirit.

"I never thought that the third stone hut would actually be where Godking Duanmu passed away," master Chanlong sighed gently as he stared at the lifeless Godking before him with mixed feelings. His voice was filled with pity.

"Godking Duanmu is extremely powerful. Probably only those who have been ranked on the Godking's Throne can defeat him, and it's only defeating him. Godking Duanmu has the Laws of Space, so if he wants to flee, he'll be even faster than the Laws of Wind. Killing him is almost impossible..."

"Godking Duanmu is so powerful, so I wonder who killed him? Was it a supreme expert from the top rankings of the Godking's Throne? Or was it a Primordial realm expert?"

"If it was a Primordial realm expert, Godking Duanmu would indeed struggle to escape..."

"What a pity, what a pity. If Godking Duanmu did not die, there was an extremely great chance of him reaching the Primordial realm and standing at the very top of the world, only beneath the heavens..."

...

A few Overgods sighed in amazement as their gazes towards Godking Duanmu were filled with admiration.

This was the admiration for someone powerful. Even though Godking Duanmu was already dead, the glory he had left behind still affected them.

"Hmm? There seems to be words beside Godking Duanmu," an Overgod said suddenly.

Everyone looked over; indeed, there were words carved on the ground.

"Since you are able to make it here, you are fated to make it here. You must swear to the world that after you obtain this king's legacy and become accomplished in cultivation that you personally slay Huai An, a vice leader of the Empyrean Demon Cult..."

The expressions of all the Overgods changed after they read these words. All of their faces had even become filled with fear when they saw the words 'Empyrean Demon Cult', and it was like they feared and dreaded the Empyrean Demon Cult dearly.

Chapter 1752: A Foot Planted in the Primordial Realm

Jian Chen also became doubtful inside when he saw all their expressions. Although he had never heard of the Empyrean Demon Cult before, he could tell from their reactions that it was probably a powerful organisation.

For a moment, the surroundings descended into a strange silence. All the Overgods stared at the words before Godking Duanmu, and the light in their eyes flickered uneasily.

Further away were some Gods. They had entered the place before the Overgods, but they had been forced far away ever since the Overgods entered because they were only Gods. They did not dare to get any closer.

A long while later, an Overgod finally sighed gently, "I never thought that Godking Duanmu had actually died to the hands of the vice leader of the Empyrean Demon Cult, Huai An, and that you'd have to swear to the world to become enemies with him in the future to inherit Godking Duanmu's legacy..."

Another Overgod also shook his head and said gently, "With that being the case, obtaining Godking Duanmu's legacy will lead to the Empyrean Demon Cult hunting you down. Is there still anyone who wants the legacy?"

"I'd rather turn down the legacy than become enemies with the Empyrean Demon Cult because it will only lead to death."

"The Empyrean Demon Cult is just too terrifying. We cannot afford to offend them."

...

The Overgods all sighed regretfully. All of them feared the Empyrean Demon Cult dearly, which prevented them from accepting Godking Duanmu's legacy.

"Can you only obtain Godking Duanmu's legacy by becoming enemies with the Empyrean Demon Cult? Godking Duanmu is dead, yet we can't even obtain a legacy from someone who's no longer alive even with our strength,?" An energetic voice rang out. The speaker was a middle-aged man in red robes. Clearly, he wanted to break the rules that Godking Duanmu had set down before he had died and forcefully take the legacy.

Uncertainty immediately flickered through the eyes of many Overgods when they heard that. Clearly, they were wavering.

"I do in fact admire Godking Duanmu, except the rules he set are just too tough. Basically, no one would accept them. Why leave the legacy here when we can take it out with us and allow your glory to continue within the Saints' World? You never know, there really might be a day when we can avenge you," said an old man. With that, he took out a low quality saint artifact from his Space Ring. He bowed politely towards Godking Duanmu's corpse and said with a gruff voice, "Apologies, Godking Duanmu!" With that, he sent the flying sword out.

Swish!

The flying sword turned into a silver streak of light that flew directly towards Godking Duanmu's corpse.

The eyes of all the Overgods present shone brightly. They stared at the flying sword as they gathered their power secretly in the meantime. Once they confirmed there were no dangers, they would charge over as quickly as possible.

The flying sword moved extremely quickly, reaching three meters away from Godking Duanmu in a single instance. However, at this moment, the terrifying power of laws suddenly appeared, enveloping Godking Duanmu's corpse as a huge light screen.

When the flying sword collided with the power of laws, it was reduced to dust silently.

At the same time, Godking Duanmu's corpse faded under the power of laws. His corpse also underwent a drastic change at that moment. The green-robed, middle-aged man vanished and a white, seated skeleton replaced it. The skeleton had a Space Ring on its finger, and there was a bead the size of a pigeon's egg in its head. It shone with a faint, golden light.

Godking Duanmu had already been dead for several hundred thousand years, so his flesh had already rotted away. He only used a technique before his death to maintain his image. Once the technique was removed, his true remains would naturally be exposed.

The power of laws that had suddenly appeared clearly destroyed Godking Duanmu's image.

"It's a golden core of laws. It's a golden core of laws!"

The expressions of all the Overgods changed the moment they saw the bead. They cried out uncontrollably as they were now extremely shocked. No one paid any attention to the Space Ring, as they had been expecting it.

"It's said that once you comprehend the laws of the world to an extremely profound level, you will be able to condense a golden core of laws. At the same time, the golden core of laws represents a Primordial realm expert..."

"I never thought that Godking Duanmu would have actually condensed a golden core of laws. Doesn't that mean he broke through Godking and reached the Primordial realm..."

Some of the Overgods said. They were unable to remain composed.

"No. Godking Duanmu's golden core of laws is rather different. It's said that a Primordial realm expert's golden core of laws shines with extremely bright light, while Godking Duanmu's golden core of laws is dull and without the lustre of gold. He was clearly in the process of going from Godking to the Primordial realm. He only had a foot planted in the Primordial realm while the other foot was still planted at Godking," said Yang Kai.

All the Overgods were perturbed. None of them had thought that Godking Duanmu already had a foot planted in the Primordial realm. He just needed to overcome this transition. When his golden core of laws had been completely condensed, he would become a true Primordial realm expert.

However, everyone soon became deeply attracted by Godking Duanmu's legacy once again. They all began to attack the power of laws that protected Godking Duanmu's remains. It did not matter if he had a foot planted in the Primordial realm. He was already dead, reduced to a skeleton.

The power of laws was very powerful, and it was enough to turn a low quality saint artifact to dust in a single moment. However, as long as they did not approach the power of laws, it would not be able to harm them, so they could tell that the power of laws only acted as protection and could not actively attack them.

The Overgods all stood far away as they sent sword Qi or beams of energy towards the power of laws. They wanted to waste it away bit by bit.

For a while, terrifying shockwaves of energy rolled through the surroundings as booms constantly rang out. The Overgods did not hold back as they attempted to smash through the protective power of laws.

"Fairy Hao Yue, is there what you need here?" Jian Chen did not attack the power of laws and spoke to fairy Hao Yue instead.

"I never thought that Duanmu had already broken through and condensed a golden core of laws. That has me taken aback. What I need is Duanmu's Space Ring. As a supreme Godking, it's impossible for his Space Ring to not contain supreme grade divine crystals. There might even be five-colored divine crystals. Aside from that, there's some energy that still hasn't dispersed from the remains, which will be helpful for me. Jian Chen, I need you to buy time for me so that I can approach his remains," replied fairy Hao Yue.

At this moment, there was a flash of golden light. It pierced through the forehead of an Overgod instantly, killing the early Overgod on the spot.

The golden streak of light continued towards a second early Overgod after killing the first one.

However, the death of the first early Overgod had already made everyone cautious. The second Overgod immediately roared out, and the power of laws surged from him. He directly swung his axe towards the golden streak of light.

Boom!

The early Overgod immediately vomited blood and was blown backwards while the golden streak of light had stopped as well. It was actually a flying sword that glimmered with golden light.

Chapter 1753: Opportunity

All the Overgods who attacked the power of laws that protected Godking Duanmu stopped. They stared at the hovering golden sword sharply as they became rather stern.

Just a single flying sword had claimed the life of an early Overgod, and it had even knocked back a second Overgod, causing the Overgod to vomit blood. Even the late Overgods slightly feared such strength.

More importantly, they had not sensed where the flying sword had come from at all.

Jian Chen stared at the flying sword and frowned. He became suspicious and thought, "Why does that flying sword seem so familiar?"

"Who is launching sneak attacks? Please show yourself," Yang Kai called out.

"Hmph, what sneak attack. That sounds horrible. Baobao is killing you out in the open," a rather childish voice rang out.

The voice stunned all the Overgods. They collectively turned around and stared at the golden flying sword in surprise.

Clearly, the voice had come from the sword.

It was also at this moment that a young girl suddenly appeared above the sword. She seemed only four or five years old. Her skin was white, and she was extremely cute. However, she was currently glaring at the Overgods furiously.

"It's actually a sword spirit! Is this sword Godking Duanmu's treasure?" Bing Lou said with some surprise.

Jian Chen came to a realisation as well. The reason why he found the sword to be rather familiar was because it was the sword Godking Duanmu wielded.

"You do have some insight. Correct, Godking Duanmu is Baobao's master. Since you're unwilling to follow his rules, you obviously lose the right to master's legacy. Please leave immediately. Baobao will never show any mercy to anyone who disturbs master's slumber. Baobao will kill them all," the sword spirit said coldly. Although she did not seem old, her childish voice was filled with killing intent.

Clearly, the sword had followed Godking Duanmu for countless years. It had gone through battles everywhere with him and had grown with him.

"Hahahaha, a flying sword is actually threatening us. This is just hilarious," a late Overgod sneered before directly charging towards the golden sword. He grabbed the handle, attempting to subdue the sword.

The other Overgods moved at that moment as well. They all charged towards the flying sword. It was Godking Duanmu's treasure, so to them, it was something that could watch over and protect their entire clan.

"Jian Chen, it's extremely likely that Godking Duanmu's legacy is related to the flying sword. It might even lie in the artifact spirit's hand. If you want it, I can help you obtain it once I recover my body," said fairy Hao Yue.

"Fairy Hao Yue, that's not a priority. Let's think about how we can get you close to Godking Duanmu's remains instead," said Jian Chen. He did not become interested at all. He had come to Godking Duanmu's dwelling this time mainly because of fairy Hao Yue as well as to find some treasures for his cultivation so that he could break through with the Chaotic Body as soon as possible. Godking Duanmu's legacy was just some cultivation methods and battle skills.

For cultivation methods, he had the Chaotic Body. Let alone Godking Duanmu's cultivation method, but even the cultivation method of a few Primordial realm experts would not interest him.

For battle skills, he had the ones from the artifact spirit. Many of the battle skills were created by the old master of the sword spirits. He had even grasped the God Tier sword technique, the Profound Sword Qi. He naturally felt no interest towards a Godking's sword techniques.

Several dozen Overgods began fighting against the golden sword on the other side. Not all the Overgods had taken part in this battle, but close to thirty people were now involved in a fierce struggle.

After all, the sword spirit controlled the flying sword. She had no need to fear anyone present if she fought against them individually, but she could only flee when up against close to thirty Overgods. The sword turned into a streak of light as it flitted about, dodging everyone's attacks and only fighting back once in a while.

However, those with insight could tell with a single glance that the flying sword had completely lost the upper hand. It completely relied on its speed to dodge and weave between the Overgods.

"The shockwaves from their fighting are too intense. I won't be able to endure it just as a soul, so you have to find a way to stop them from fighting. Only then can I come out," fairy Hao Yue said grimly.

"But there's a powerful barrier of laws around Godking Duanmu's remains. How will you get past that?" Jian Chen asked with a frown.

"I'll pay a price and temporarily suppress the power. However, I'll need half a minute."

Jian Chen became stern when he heard that. He knew that fairy Hao Yue wanted him to buy half a minute for her. During this time, she could not afford to suffer any injuries at all. After all, she was just too fragile as a soul. Even an Origin realm expert could heavily wound her, let alone Overgods.

Although half a minute was short, he had to endure the attacks of all the Overgods. Not a single Overgod present would let fairy Hao Yue approach Godking Duanmu's remains.

Jian Chen looked around and discovered that there were over a dozen Overgods who did not take part in the fight against the flying sword. At the same time, extremely terrifying pulses of energy were emitted from the battle between the sword and the Overgods. Even the Gods struggled to gain their footing, so it was inconvenient for fairy Hao Yue's soul to move around under these circumstances.

At this moment, the flying sword turned into a golden streak of light and vanished from the space in a single instance. It had fled outside. Clearly, it was not the opponent of close to thirty Overgods.

The Overgods did not give up. They all pursued it. The power of laws protected Godking Duanmu's remains anyway, so no one could enter. As a result, they did not worry about someone taking away Godking Duanmu's Space Ring in the meantime at all.

In the blink of an eye, only Jian Chen and the other Overgods who did not take part in the fight remained. A few of them were early Overgods and knew that before mid or even late Overgods, it would be very difficult for them to obtain the flying sword. As a result, they saved their strength and accumulated power instead, preparing for one last fight.

"This is a great opportunity!" Jian Chen's eyes lit up. He knew that a opportunity had presented itself. However, he did not move immediately. Instead, he said to the Overgods of the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian, "Guhun Xue, Bing Lou, Feng Bule, there's something I want to discuss with you."

Guhun Xue, Bing Lou, and Feng Bule were all early Overgods, so they did not take part in the battle for the flying sword.

Chapter 1754: Hao Yue's Might

Guhun Xue, Bing Lou, and Feng Bule all looked towards the seated Jian Chen when they heard his voice.

"Jian Chen, what do you have to discuss with us? Feel free to go ahead," the hunchbacked Bing Lou smiled.

"Jian Chen, what is it? Is it good or bad? If it's something good, you can't forget about me," Guhun Xue giggled. She spoke like Jian Chen was an old friend of hers.

"Jian Chen, feel free to mention it. If it's within our abilities, we will definitely assist you," Feng Bule also replied.

No one else knew about their conversation, but Bing Lou, Guhun Xue, and Feng Bule all treated Jian Chen rather politely. They were extremely friendly, unwilling to give up any opportunity.

Jian Chen's cultivation was a great weakness in their eyes, so if he really started fighting, it would be impossible for him to defeat an early Overgod with just the Laws of the Sword at Overgod. However, they knew even more that as long as Jian Chen had some time, he would be able to cultivate his way up. Once he reached the same level of cultivation as his comprehension, there would barely be anyone who was his opponent at the same level thanks to the strength of the Laws of the Sword. He might even become a second Ling Hougong, using his Laws of the Sword to reach a stalemate against a mid Overgod as an early Overgod.

If Jian Chen's terrifying sword Qi that could kill early Overgods instantly was considered, there would probably be no mid Overgods that were Jian Chen's opponent.

The three Overgods would naturally try to get as close to an expert like that as possible. They spoke to him as if even if they could not befriend him, they wanted to avoid becoming enemies.

After a while of silence, Jian Chen replied secretly, "Bing Lou, Guhun Xue, Feng Bule, I hope that you can assist me by keeping three early Overgods busy to the best of your abilities." Jian Chen had asked the three of them because he trusted them the most out of the Overgods present. Although a few of the other Overgods did want to befriend him, he simply did not trust him, even if there were a few from the royal capital of the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian.

Jian Chen did not dare to ask Yang Kai even more so, as he was a late Overgod. He was just too powerful, so Jian Chen could not afford to trust him.

"Keep three early Overgods busy? Jian Chen, what are you trying to do?" Guhun Xue asked in surprise.

"You will naturally understand in detail later. What is important is that it's extremely likely for the Overgods to attack me. I only need you to keep three Overgods busy for half a minute. As remuneration, I will give you a Soul Recovery Pill each," said Jian Chen.

"What! A Soul Recovery Pill?" The three Overgods were all startled when they heard that. They became filled with disbelief.

Soul Recovery Pills were extremely valuable. Only a single pill was needed for an early Overgod to recover all of their power of the soul in a few seconds. It was extremely valuable, to the point where it could not be purchased in the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian.

"Aside from the Soul Recovery Pill, I'll give you each two droplets of liquid lime, and I'll owe you a personal favor. All you need to do is keep three early Overgods busy for half a minute," said Jian Chen. He did not hold back at all to allow fairy Hao Yue to approach Godking Duanmu's remains.

"Alright, we'll agree. We'll keep three Overgods busy for half a minute, but we'll be helpless against the other Overgods."

After a moment of hesitation, Bing Lou, Feng Bule, and Guhun Xue all agreed. Although they could vaguely sense that Jian Chen wanted to lay his hands on Godking Duanmu's remains, they did not really care. They knew that it was impossible for them to obtain Godking Duanmu's Space Ring and his legacy. Even if they managed to stop Jian Chen, the objects would still end up in the hands of a late Overgod. With their strength at early Overgod, it was very difficult for them to benefit at all.

If that were the case, they would be better off agreeing to Jian Chen. Not only could they improve their relationship with him, but they could also benefit from him. Of course, what they truly valued was the favor that Jian Chen owed them.

Jian Chen was extremely frank as well. He gave the three of them the Soul Recovery Pills and the droplets of liquid lime on the spot.

Jian Chen only had ten Soul Recovery Pills in total. He had given Ando Fu and Mo Ling one each and split the remaining pills between him and Shen Jian, so he and Shen Jian both got four each. He had already consumed two of the four pills earlier, so he only possessed two pills on him. As a result, he had taken two pills from Shen Jian out of the three he had given to the three Overgods. He kept one last pill on him just in case.

Jian Chen could utilise the pills he had given away better by consuming them himself, allowing him to kill six early Overgods in total. However, he needed a period of time to recover the power of the soul after consuming a pill. Jian Chen definitely would not have the time to recover in the upcoming battle. As a result, he needed the three Overgods to keep three other Overgods busy so that the pressure on him would be reduced. The only thing he possessed that would interest Overgods were the pills.

Although the other pills on him were valuable, they were nothing to Overgods.

Jian Chen had paid quite the price for fairy Hao Yue to be able to condense her body.

"So what if you've lost a few Soul Recovery Pills? Once fairy Hao Yue gets through successfully and obtains Godking Duanmu's Space Ring, I'll be paid back by countless folds. My Chaotic Body might be able to break through successfully as well," thought Jian Chen as he comforted himself.

The Overgods who chased the golden flying sword could return at any time, so Jian Chen did not dare to waste any time. Immediately, he let out the Bright Moon Divine Hall from his Space Ring. As the doors swung open, fairy Hao Yue slowly emerged in the form of a soul; Shen Jian also came out.

The other Overgods nearby naturally noticed Jian Chen's actions. None of them behaved carelessly.

Jian Chen immediately put away the Bright Moon Divine Hall as well. However, the moment he put it away, fairy Hao Yue suddenly became a blur that directly charged for the power of laws around Godking Duanmu.

"A mere soul desires Godking Duanmu's possession. What a joke!" Aside from Guhun Xue, Feng Bule, and Bing Lou, all the other Overgods sneered scornfully.

However, what happened next made their mouths drop. When fairy Hao Yue approached the screen of power, she was not directly destroyed as they had expected. Her illusionary body began to shine extraordinarily bright at that moment. The light seemed to be a layer of white flames that burned away at her soul, causing her soul to dull at a visible rate.On the other hand, her soul slowly fused into the power of laws under the burning light.

All the power that came in contact with her body shuddered gently before slowly moving away as if it was afraid of coming in contact with her.

The shudder was only what people on the outside saw. In reality, the layer of power trembled in fear.

At that moment, none of the Overgods had sensed that an unimaginably terrifying pressure had appeared from fairy Hao Yue. It was just that fairy Hao Yue had used the pressure with great skill, so it all surged towards the power of laws.

The pressure seemed to be the might of the heavens. It had completely surpassed the power of laws, causing the power there to shy away.

Of course, fairy Hao Yue had also paid an unimaginable price to use this terrifying pressure. Her soul was being burned away, becoming weaker and weaker.

Chapter 1755: An Intense Battle

Not only did the Overgods present all become stunned as they watched fairy Hao Yue slowly merge into the power of laws, but even the eyes of Guhun Xue, Bing Lou, and Feng Bule narrowed. Disbelief filled their faces.

The layer of power that protected Godking Duanmu's remains were the laws of someone who had a foot planted in the Primordial realm. Even though it could not attack actively and could only protect the remains, this did not mean it was easy to approach the power.

Even most Godkings would become injured if they approached the power of laws, let alone Overgods.

This was because the power had almost surpassed the level of Godking!

However, now that fairy Hao Yue had approached it just as a soul, not only did she avoid dispersing, but she even merged into it slowly. It seemed like she was going to pass through the layer of power.

Naturally, this sight shocked all the Overgods present.

"Jian Chen, who is she?"

Guhun Xue's voice rang out in Jian Chen's head. Her voice was filled with shock.

"Who she is is not important, but I can tell you that she's a supreme expert," Jian Chen replied to Bing Lou, Guhun Xue, and Feng Bule.

The expressions of the three all changed when they heard that.

At the same time, a pill appeared in Shen Jian's hand. This pill was something he obtained from the dwelling of Godking Duanmu's disciple. It was known as a Firecloud Pill. It could temporarily raise the consumer's cultivation by a minor level, ignoring the laws of the world. However, the price of consuming it was extremely great. No one would be willing to ingest the pill unless it was a life or death situation.

Shen Jian consumed the Firecloud Pill without any hesitation. A powerful presence immediately began to radiate from Shen Jian as soon as the pill reached Shen Jian's stomach, and his cultivation rapidly soared at that moment as well. It went from early God to mid God.

A Firecloud Pill appeared in Jian Chen's hand as well. He thought, "I hope the Firecloud Pill is effective on Chaotic Force as well." Jian Chen consumed the Firecloud Pill without any hesitation as well. At that moment, he felt like his Chaotic Force go on a rampage. Although his Chaotic Force had not reached the level of the tenth layer, Jian Chen could clearly sense that it flowed even more violently than before. It felt like it had gone berserk, and it was clearly more powerful than before.

Firecloud Pills were good things, but the price to consume them was just too heavy, so he did not give the pill to Guhun Xue, Bing Lou, or Feng Bule. Even if he did give it to them, they would not consume it at a time like this.

"Oh no, the soul is trying to steal Godking Duanmu's things. Stop her! We can't let her succeed!" Just as Shen Jian and Jian Chen consumed the Firecloud Pill, the Overgods all responded. Hostility poured from their eyes as they charged towards fairy Hao Yue without any hesitation. Two people swung their hands and sent a beam of powerful origin energy towards fairy Hao Yue.

"Bing Lou, Guhun Xue, Feng Bule, move quickly. You'll be assisting a peak expert. Once the peak expert rebuilds her body, you'll definitely benefit as well," Jian Chen said to Bing Lou, Guhun Xue, and Feng Bule hurriedly before arriving before fairy Hao Yue in a flash. He used his body as a shield to protect fairy Hao Yue.

At the same time, the Flying Snow sword appeared in his hand. He radiated with surging sword intent as he used his complete comprehension of the Laws of the Sword. He sent out two powerful strands of sword Qi to disperse the incoming origin energy.

Boom!

The sword Qi and origin energy collided and erupted with a powerful shockwave of energy. Jian Chen's feet seemed to be rooted to the ground as he stood there like a mountain. His body had become a tough shield.

The energy all struck Jian Chen's body; it had completely failed to reach the fairy Hao Yue behind him.

At the same time, Bing Lou, Guhun Xue, and Feng Bule moved as well. They charged towards the Overgods with gritted teeth and kept three of them busy.

Aside from Jian Chen, there were a total of fourteen Overgods gathered there. Feng Bule, Bing Lou, and Guhun Xue kept three Overgods busy in total, so there were eight remaining.

The eight Overgods all charged towards Jian Chen at that moment. All of them surged with aggression and hostility.

Even though they feared Jian Chen slightly, they had completely forgotten about it with Godking Duanmu's legacy presented before them.

"A Will that Splits the Heavens: The Sword Shakes and Stars Shatter!" Shen Jian roared out and his Cloudstream sword emitted a pulse that quickly expanded towards two of the Overgods.

Shen Jian's Laws of the Sword had reached the great perfection of Sword Origin, equivalent to peak God. His cultivation had increased from the Firecloud Pill as well, going from early God to mid God. Moreover, the Laws of the Sword were one of the laws with the greatest offensive power, so his sword technique was enough to kill regular late Gods. Even if it were not enough to threaten early Overgods, they needed to face it seriously.

Aside from Ling Hougong, the other Overgods all comprehended laws that were weaker than the Laws of the Sword in terms of power.

Ling Hougong possessed the power to challenge those stronger than him with his Laws of the Sword. He was able to reach a stalemate against a mid Overgod as an early Overgod, so there was no need to mention the current Shen Jian!

The faces of the two early Overgod turned cold when they saw Shen Jian's attack. The pulse did not pose any threat to them, and it only forced them to face it seriously.

"Hmph, a mere God dares to challenge Overgods? Your bravery is praiseworthy, but you're just looking to die," the two early Overgods sneered. One of them directly launched a palm strike and origin energy and the power of laws surged forth, dismantling Shen Jian's ripple.

Soon afterwards, the two Overgods changed in direction; they no longer charged towards Jian Chen. Their gazes were cold as they charged towards Shen Jian with killing intent.

Shen Jian became extremely grim. Without a doubt, it was a huge challenge for him to fight two Overgods with his current strength. Fortunately, he only needed to last half a minute.

"A Will that Splits the Heavens: The Sword Extends and Galaxies Extinguish!" Suddenly, Shen Jian roared out and specks of light suddenly began to glimmer around him. It transformed into an illusionary galaxy, radiating with grandeur.

His entire body seemed to have fused with the galaxy, becoming the god in the illusionary starry sky. As he stabbed out with his Cloudstream sword, the enormous force of the galaxy immediately surged out towards the two Overgods with a tremendous and ancient presence.

The two early Overgods became rather stern as they faced this force. At that moment, the two of them could actually sense a sliver of threat from it, which shocked them very much.

They were only facing a God after all!

On the other side, Jian Chen stood with the Flying Snow sword while a damaged piece of armor had already appeared on him.

He had obtained this armor from the sea realm. In reality, it was a god artifact of rather high quality, except it was just too damaged, so it was almost completely worthless. However, Jian Chen could no longer care about whether the armor would be useful or not now that he had to keep six early Overgods busy for half a minute. He had equipped it.

Chapter 1756: Brutality

"Jian Chen, don't you dare try to take Godking Duanmu's legacy for yourself..."

"Jian Chen, move or today will be your last day alive..."

The six early Overgods who charged towards Jian Chen yelled out aggressively. Before they even arrived, they had sent streams of energy towards Jian Chen.

Jian Chen had equipped the damaged armor, which protected less than a third of his body. His white robes and hair ruffled despite the absence of wind. At the same time, a shocking sword intent radiated from his body. The sword intent was so powerful that the six incoming Overgods all became stern.

"Sky-severing Strike!" Jian Chen bellowed out. He lifted the Flying Snow sword above his head and a stream of light that was three hundred meters in length immediately condensed. With a sky full of snow, the huge sword Qi directly cleaved down.

As it fell, the surrounding space seemed to freeze, forming a Sword Domain. It enveloped the attacks from the six Overgods.

Boom!

The collision between the sword Qi and the attacks resulted in a huge boom. They dispersed at the same time, causing terrifying energy and fragments of sword Qi to splay into the surroundings.

Jian Chen's body trembled, and he seemed to pale slightly. His inner organs surged like the ocean. However, he remained still, forming a tough shield as he stood there firmly. He blocked the incoming energy to protect fairy Hao Yue.

At the same time, two strands of Profound Sword Qi appeared above his head. It shone with dazzling light and surged with sword Qi, giving off a terrifying pressure.

The expressions of the six Overgods around Jian Chen immediately changed as soon as the Profound Sword Qi had appeared. A smear of dread and deep fear appeared in their eyes. They had personally witnessed the might of the Profound Sword Qi. It could easily claim the lives of early Overgods.

"Back off if you don't want to die, or I'll have to kill you mercilessly," Jian Chen called out. His presence surged as he held off multiple enemies by himself.

Six seconds had passed by now.

The six Overgods looked at each other as they became hesitant.

"What're we afraid of? We're six people. Even if his secret technique is powerful, I refuse to believe that we can't stop it when the six of us work together. Let's get him."

Finally, the six Overgods stopped hesitating after one of them called out. They encircled Jian Chen and shot towards him rapidly.

A cold light flickered through Jian Chen's eyes. With a thought, one strand of Profound Sword Qi above his head immediately shot out as a streak of white light towards one of the Overgods.

The moment the Profound Sword Qi shot out, the six Overgods stopped. They all struck out to stop the Profound Sword Qi. Origin energy pulsed around them wildly as their power of laws condensed into sharp swords that shot towards the Profound Sword Qi.

However, the Profound Sword Qi simply moved too quickly, and it basically exceeded their reaction speed. Even though they had moved very quickly, they were still much slower compared to the Profound Sword Qi. Before their attacks came in contact with the Profound Sword Qi, the sword Qi had already neared the forehead of an Overgod.

Spurt!

Blood was tossed into the air as a bloody mark appeared on the forehead of one of the Overgods. The Profound Sword Qi had pierced his forehead without any obstructions and wiped out his soul.

The attacks from the five other Overgods that aimed to stop the Profound Sword Qi missed and struck Jian Chen instead.

Jian Chen's body shuddered. Blood leaked from the corner of his mouth as four terrifying gashes appeared on his body. His blood dyed his white robes red. The fifth attack had landed on the damaged piece of armor.

The armor was a god artifact after all. Even after becoming so damaged, it was still extremely tough. The Overgod's attack did not leave behind a single mark, but the force was still dispersed through Jian Chen's body.

Jian Chen finally took a step back helplessly. However, the force pushing him back was just too powerful, so he clearly did not manage to disperse it all from just that single step. When he wanted to take another step back, he gritted his teeth firmly and planted his Flying Snow sword into the ground, forcefully stopping himself. However, just something like that worsened his condition, making him spurt blood from his mouth.

He could not afford to take another step back. If he did, he could come in contact with fairy Hao Yue's soul!

Jian Chen wiped away the blood from the corner of his mouth. Even though he was heavily injured, he did not show any weakness on his face at all. With a flip of his hand, he took out a seventh grade Truth Tier healing pill that he had obtained from the Pill Room as well as a Soul Recovery Pill; he ingested both.

As the pills reached his stomach, his wounds immediately began to heal rapidly. The power of his soul that he had consumed to use a strand of Profound Sword Qi quickly recovered as well as the Soul Recovery Pill melted away.

At the same time, Jian Chen circulated his Chaotic Force wildly. He completely used the Chaotic Force to his advantage, taking advantage of all the time he could get to heal.

Jian Chen's wounds healed at an extremely astonishing rate from the Chaotic Force and pill. If any of the Overgods present had seen it, they would have been completely astounded.

Fifteen seconds had passed now.

"The Firmament of the Sea!" At this moment, a bellow rang out. One of the five Overgods began to use a Truth Tier Battle Skill. Behind him, a vast ocean appeared. It fused with the surroundings as it moved all the energy in the surroundings, enveloping Jian Chen.

"Fire God's Finger!" Another Overgod used a battle skill. Flames surged around him as a massive finger condensed and extended towards Jian Chen.

"Absolute Darkness!"

"Palm of Destruction!"

"Death's Soul-severing Slash!"

The five Overgods all used Truth Tier Battle Skills. Terrifying pressure permeated the surroundings as five extremely terrifying powers tore through the surroundings and rolled towards Jian Chen devastatingly.

Jian Chen had never felt so grim before. With a thought, he sent out the second strand of Profound Sword Qi to fend off the five battle skills.

The Profound Sword Qi turned into a streak of light and collided with the first sword Qi in a single moment. With a boom, the first battle skill collapsed without being able to put up any resistance at all. The Profound Sword Qi continued towards the second, third, fourth, and fifth battle skills.

Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!

Along with a string of rumbles, the Profound Sword Qi destroyed the battle skills from the five Overgods. The Profound Sword Qi did not disperse yet either. It flickered as it directly shot towards one of the Overgods like a brave warrior.

The Overgod became extremely stern. He immediately bellowed out as energy surged from his body. He swung his sickle towards the Profound Sword Qi with his power of laws.

He had put his life on the line with that attack!

Chapter 1757: Half a Minute

After tearing through the five battle skills from the Overgods, the Profound Sword Qi had weakened greatly. It was nowhere near as powerful as it was at the beginning. In the end, it shattered under the slash from the sickle. However, due to the momentum of the attack, the scattered sword Qi continued in the same direction towards the early Overgod that wielded a sickle.

Caught off guard, the early Overgod was struck by the shattered sword Qi. Every single strand of the residual sword Qi pierced his body easily, creating many holes.

The power from the Laws of the Sword constantly gnawed away at him around his wounds, causing his condition to worsen.

The Overgod grunted and left the battle with his sickle. He was heavily injured and incapacitated.

Jian Chen's power of the soul was completely drained after sending out the two strands of sword Qi. He felt waves of dizziness descend upon him. However, as the Soul Recovery Pill came into play, the power of his soul immediately began to replenish rapidly.

Twenty-one seconds had passed by now!

"Kill him!"

The four other Overgods all went crazy. They basically charged towards Jian Chen with bloodshot eyes, as they could already see that most of fairy Hao Yue had already merged into the power of laws that protected Godking Duanmu's remains.

The dizziness in Jian Chen's head receded swiftly, and he felt his head clear up again. Even though the power of his soul had replenished, he was clearly unable to use a third strand of Profound Sword Qi with just the few seconds that had passed.

"Daluo Sword!' Jian Chen bellowed out. He formed a seal with one hand, and the Flying Snow sword immediately shone with a golden light. A golden sword Qi condensed around the Flying Snow sword. As he swung the sword, the golden sword Qi shot out with a swish, colliding with the sword in one of the Overgod's hands.

As the Daluo Sword Qi dispersed, the early Overgod who had received the attack came to a halt as well. He staggered a few steps backwards helplessly.

However, the three other Overgods had all arrived before Jian Chen now. One of them used a huge hammer to strike towards Jian Chen's chest, while the other two both used swords. They stabbed out simultaneously with the Laws of Fire and the Laws of Darkness. The stab with the Laws of Fire extended towards Jian Chen while the attack with the Laws of Darkness went around Jian Chen and headed directly towards the fairy Hao Yue behind him.

Jian Chen's eyes narrowed when he saw the attack that headed towards fairy Hao Yue. Then he roared out, and his eyes shone shockingly. Red light vaguely appeared in his pupils; this was the sign of him about to lose his mind.

His main mission was to protect fairy Hao Yue for half a minute. No matter how dangerous it was, he could not dodge during this period of time, nor could he retreat. He had to face the attacks head-on. The sword was already stabbed towards fairy Hao Yue, so she was in danger now.

Jian Chen extended his left hand in that crucial moment. Chaotic Force and silver-white light enveloped his hand. He directly grabbed the sword with his hand.

At the same time, he placed the Flying Snow sword across his body to block the hammer that traveled towards his chest.

Spurt!

The sword with the Laws of Fire had already stabbed into Jian Chen, piercing him all the way through. The tip of the sword dripped with the blood of his Chaotic Body. Each droplet of blood possessed a lot of power. It could even kill weaker Receival experts.

The hand that Jian Chen had used to grab the sword became bloodied as well. His flesh and skin had been destroyed, revealing white bone.

Fortunately, Jian Chen had managed to grab the sword tightly, preventing it from reaching fairy Hao Yue. His body stood before fairy Hao Yue like a tough shield, blocking all the shockwaves of energy.

Twenty-four seconds had passed now!

At this moment, the three Overgods had already approached Jian Chen. None of them were weaker than Jian Chen, yet he now had to face the three of them at the same time. He was struggling to stop them, yet he also had to protect fairy Hao Yue.

The red light in Jian Chen's eyes became more and more intense while the world in Jian Chen's eyes gradually reddened.

Jian Chen knew that he was losing his mind, but he could do nothing about it right now. Seeing how fairy Hao Yue had almost merged into the power of laws, determination suddenly flooded his eyes, and he called out, "Explode Flying Snow sword!'

With a deafening boom, the Flying Snow sword exploded with dazzling white light. The explosion contained the Laws of the Sword and strands of Chaotic Force.

Immediately, a terrifying energy expanded with the Laws of the Sword and Chaotic Force, and it pushed back the three early Overgods.

Jian Chen removed the spear he had obtained from killing the skinny Overgod earlier at this moment. He held it in one hand and drove the tip deeply into the ground, using it to stabilise himself.

As Jian Chen clung onto the spear, he remained on the spot as he endured the storm-like barrage from the explosion of the Flying Snow sword. He did not take a single step back, but he paid a great price as a result. His wounds became even worse and blood spurted from his mouth time and time again. He had become sheet-white now.

Twenty-seven seconds had passed now!

The three early Overgods stabilised themselves very soon. Before the shockwaves of energy had dispersed, they charged through the energy and headed towards Jian Chen again.

Jian Chen glared at the three. At this moment, he could feel his consciousness fade slightly while the world before him had gradually become filled with red.

In the last three seconds, the bloodied Jian Chen suddenly charged towards the three early Overgods. He stretched out his hands and grabbed the swords from the two Overgods and used the damaged armor to forcefully endure the attack from the hammer.

Boom!

The hammer blew Jian Chen far away. As he flew backwards, he vomited multiple times. His wounds were horrendous.

"Quick, kill the soul!"

After blowing Jian Chen away, the three Overgods immediately charged towards fairy Hao Yue; their gazes were icy.

However, it was also at this time that fairy Hao Yue's illusionary soul merged into the power of laws completely. She vanished from the Overgod's vision. Only a cold voice that was filled with killing intent rang out.

"If you dare kill the two of them, I'll wipe out your entire clan once I recover my strength. Even if you flee to the ends of the earth, I'll take your lives. Even the Godking of your divine kingdom won't be able to protect you..."

The expressions of the three early Overgods changed when they heard that. Even Godkings would not be able to protect them. Was the soul a supreme Godking in the past? Or even beyond Godking?

Shen Jian collapsed on the ground on the other side, bloodied and wounded. Although the two Overgods he fought did not suffer any significant wounds, they seemed to be in a rather horrible condition. Shen Jian's sword Qi had ripped their clothes.

Chapter 1758: Pushed to the End

The two early Overgods Shen Jian had stopped were both cold. They swore, "God dammit. We're two mighty Overgods, yet a mere God kept us busy for so long, allowing that soul to approach Godking Duanmu's remains. Just a mere God has actually made us lose Godking Duanmu's legacy. This is unforgivable!"

One of the Overgods in tattered clothes said coldly, "The crimes of this God is so great that even killing him won't be enough. We have to let him understand that death will only be a relief."

The two Overgods were sunken-faced. Killing intent flooded their eyes. They were two early Overgods. They possessed an advantage in cultivation, comprehension, and numbers, yet it was so arduous for them to kill a single God. They were even reduced to such a horrible condition and were completely embarrassed. Their desire to kill Shen Jian was extremely intense.

They directly ignored fairy Hao Yue's threats. The threat from a fragile soul was great enough to stun them for a moment, but they did not believe that fairy Hao Yue would actually possess such strength.

At this moment, the bloodied Jian Chen climbed up from the ground. He clung onto his last shred of consciousness and arrived before Shen Jian as quickly as possible. He directly grabbed Shen Jian, who was so heavily injured that he could not even stand. At the same time, he formed a seal with his hand.

"Linear Lightning Release!"

Jian Chen became engulfed in light as he turned into a bolt of lightning, shooting towards the entrance with unbelievable speed. In just a single instance, he had arrived at the entrance and was about to escape.

The eyes of all the early Overgods narrowed in shock as they watched Jian Chen approach the entrance in a single instance. Without any exception, none of them were able to do anything about it. Even they could not stop Jian Chen with the speed he currently demonstrated.

"What shocking speed. Even the Laws of Wind pale in comparison," an Overgod sighed in surprise. He had never seen someone move so quickly in his entire life. The figures of Jian Chen and Shen Jian had even begun to stretch as they flew; they were like streams of light.

After reaching Sword Spirit, Jian Chen could naturally move much faster with the Linear Lightning Release.

However, a burly man appeared at the entrance at this moment. He was dejected, appearing there with regret and gloom. He had clearly just come in.

The burly man was not weak. He was a mid Overgod. Evidently, he was one of the Overgods who had left earlier in pursuit of the golden sword.

As soon as the burly man entered the third hut, Jian Chen just so happened to collide into him.

Bang!

A visible ripple appeared from their collision, expanding out into the surroundings.

Jian Chen's body was knocked back, and the terrifying speed that Linear Lightning Release brought suddenly vanished. Jian Chen felt like his entire body had become dislocated from the collision as his entire body wrenched in pain. His organs had completely turned to mush, and he vomited blood again and again.

Caught off guard, the burly man staggered backwards from the collision. Each step left behind a deep imprint. In the end, he fell on his bottom. His face became completely flushed as his organs also churned from the collision.

"Which brat ran into me?!" The burly man leapt up and bellowed out. His face was pale with rage.

He had just come in from outside and had not grasped the situation, yet someone had knocked him onto his bottom. He would naturally be enraged.

What he did not know was that his sudden entry had cut off all of Jian Chen's hopes to escape, forcing him back into despair. Jian Chen had become even more wounded after their collision.

Soon afterwards, other Overgods entered one by one as well. They were all dejected and filled with regret.

These people were the experts who took part in the fight for the flying sword. They had all returned now. Many of them were speckled with blood and sickly pale. They were injured.

Jian Chen became gloomy when he saw this. He secretly sighed. He knew that he was probably done for.

Just when he thought of that, his pupils became completely red. His last shred of consciousness had vanished, and he had lost his mind completely now.

However, as he was simply too heavily injured, his head fell the moment he lost his mind, and he fell unconscious.

Shen Jian had also fallen unconscious beside him. The force from striking the burly man with the Linear Lightning Release had deepened his wounds as well.

If it were not for the fact that both of them had reached Godhood, just the force from the collision would have been enough to reduce them to mincemeat.

The return of the other Overgods made the expressions Guhun Xue, Bing Lou, and Feng Bule change. The three of them did not hesitate; they immediately fled towards the entrance. Without a single doubt, Jian Chen had become everyone's enemies by assisting fairy Hao Yue to pass through the power of laws and approach Godking Duanmu's remains. They had become his accomplices, so remaining here would not help them at all.

"Don't let them escape! Stop them!" An early Overgod called out as soon as the three Overgods fled. His eyes were filled with intense hatred.

Guhun Xue, Bing Lou, and Feng Bule fled extremely quickly, shooting towards the entrance with lightning speed. Along the way, Guhun Xue and Feng Bule tried to grab Jian Chen and Shen Jian so that they could take them away with them.

However, the two Overgods that Shen Jian fought before stopped Feng Bule and Guhun Xue. At the same time, the burly man who had been knocked onto his bottom looked over coldly.

The man was a mid Overgod. Guhun Xue and Feng Bule's hearts immediately jumped when he looked over. They could not afford to bother with Jian Chen and Shen Jian anymore. They immediately charged off without any hesitation.

The Overgods who fought against Shen Jian and Jian Chen immediately pursued them. At the same time, they called out for the other Overgods to stop the three.

However, the Overgods who had come in later had no idea what was going on. Coupled with the fact that the people yelling at them were only early Overgods, they did not move. In the end, the three of them escaped successfully.

"God dammit, why did you let them escape? They're accomplices! They helped a soul pass through the power of laws. The soul has probably already laid her hands on Godking Duanmu's items now," an early Overgod who fought against Shen Jian said regretfully.

"What did you say? Someone passed through the layer of power and approached Godking Duanmu's remains?"

The expressions of all the Overgods who had just returned changed when they heard that. They all cried out as they glared at the person who had just spoken.

Soon afterwards, the early Overgods explained the recent events. Every single one of the Overgods that had just returned paled after hearing the story as they glared at the unconscious Jian Chen and Shen Jian with killing intent.

Chapter 1759: Rescue

"Since that soul is with Jian Chen, we can't let Jian Chen go," a late Overgod growled. Killing intent surged in his eyes, creating a chilling sight.

"Yeah, we can't let Jian Chen go..."

"Jian Chen actually decided to work with his companion to steal Godking Duanmu's possessions while we were away. We can't let him go so easily..."

The surrounding Overgods all spoke righteously. Every single one of them was very indignant. It was fine that they had failed to obtain Godking Duanmu's flying sword, but how could they accept that someone else had taken away all of Godking Duanmu's other possessions as well?

The late Overgod, Yang Kai, stood in the group with the other Overgods from the royal capital of the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian. However, they all remained silent about what Jian Chen was going through.

At this moment, a black-robed old man walked out from the group. He stared at Jian Chen coldly and said, "I know a soul extraction technique, so I'll extract Jian Chen's soul and leave it for all of you to deal with." With that, he directly made his way towards Jian Chen.

The black-robed man was the ancestor of the Mo family from the Divine Kingdom of Qingyang. He was a mid Overgod.

No one stopped the ancestor of the Mo family. They just watched on. Jian Chen had stolen the fortune that belonged to them, so they were naturally filled with hatred towards him. They were tempted to kill Jian Chen then and there.

The ancestor of the Mo family arrived before Jian Chen. He directly extended his hand towards Jian Chen and grabbed him. However, when his hand touched Jian Chen's damaged armor, his eyes narrowed by an undetectable amount.

"A god artifact. This armor is actually a god artifact!" The ancestor of the Mo family was greatly shocked as his heart churned.

God artifacts were treasures that surpassed saint artifacts. They were extremely precious and rare. Even a supreme Godking like Duanmu could not possess one.

Under ordinary circumstances, only Chaotic Primes could own a god artifact. There were extremely few Infinite Primes who did own one. Even most Infinite Primes in the Saints' World used treasures that were either half god artifacts or supreme quality saint artifacts.

Any single god artifact was an item that Infinite Primes dreamed of.

There were just too many records that detailed god artifacts in the Saints' World, so even though the ancestor of the Mo family had never seen a god artifact before, he knew a lot about them with his strength at mid Overgod. As a result, he immediately recognised the grade of the armor when he touched it.

However, the ancestor of the Mo family showed none of his current feelings on his face. He examined the damaged armor like it was nothing special and said indifferently, "I never thought that Jian Chen would actually have an eighth grade saint artifact on him. It's just a pity that it's too heavily damaged, but the materials that went into creating it are worth a little." As he said that, the ancestor of the Mo family took the armor off Jian Chen steadily and stowed it away in his Space Ring.

However, he was nowhere near as calm as he appeared on the surface. Instead, he was extraordinarily excited. He just hid his excitement deeply.

Although the god artifact was damaged, it was still a god artifact after all. It was worth nothing to Primordial realm experts, but it was a supreme treasure to any Overgod.

"I'm rich, I'm rich! I never thought I'd find a god artifact. This is a god artifact! A god artifact..." The ancestor of the Mo clan was completely overjoyed, but he did not dare to show any of it at all. He extended his hands like nothing had happened and started to change between his seals. He had started to cast a secret technique to extract Jian Chen's soul.

"Hahahaha, Jian Chen has caught this young master's eye. None of you can harm him, or I'll have to be rude." At this moment, a voice rang out from behind everyone.

A white-robed, handsome, and elegant young man walked into the stone hut. He smiled impudently as he held a fan. He made his way past all the Overgods leisurely, directly making his way towards Jian Chen.

A burly man followed behind the young man closely like a loyal guard.

The appearance of the young man immediately made the expressions of all the Overgods change. They had seen the young man and burly man from afar when they worked on smashing through the entrance to Godking Duanmu's dwelling from the outside. They knew that the young man had a large background, and he was probably from some powerful clan or organisation. As a result, they had turned a blind eye to his actions, ignoring them.

The ancestor of the Mo family stopped. He turned towards the young man and his face sank slightly.

"No, Jian Chen has taken away something that belongs to us. You're dreaming if you want us to hand him over. It's absolutely impossible unless Jian Chen gets his companion to hand over everything she has obtained," a late Overgod stood forwards and said firmly.

Even though the young man came from quite the background, the matter was connected to their interests. It had even related to whether they could become Godkings or not. As a result, they stood forwards to object even though they feared the organisation behind the young man slightly. Not to mention that there were several dozen Overgods gathered here. They represented the surrounding divine kingdoms and every single one of them wanted Godking Duanmu's possessions, so they would naturally stand together.

"Haha, it's not up to you to decide that. I want to take Jian Chen away right now. If there are any of you who object, you really should stop me," the young man giggled as he played around with his fan. He was cocky, completely looking down on the Overgods.

He directly arrived before Jian Chen and glanced at the unconscious Shen Jian. He took out a storage treasure that was like a divine hall and put Shen Jian away before lifting up Jian Chen with his arms. He made his way towards the entrance, completely ignoring the murderous gazes of the surrounding Overgods.

"Stop, we won't let Jian Chen go. You won't be leaving here today," the late Overgod who had spoken before stood in front of the young man and said with a sunken face.

"Yeah, we're not letting you take Jian Chen. You're not going to be leaving today."

"Hand over Jian Chen..."

Several other Overgods stood forwards after the late Overgod objected. They blocked the young man's path together as cold lights flickered in their eyes.

"How dare you!" The burly man behind the young man bellowed out at this moment and directly waved his hand towards the Overgods.

Immediately, a terrifying gale came whistling directly towards the Overgods.

The gale did not give off any pressure or presence at all, but the Overgods were completely unable to resist when it approached them. They were swept far away like leaves.

Chapter 1760: Tong Tian

The Overgods were unable to put up a fight at all before the gale. Even the late Overgod was as insignificant as an ant before it. No matter how they struggled, no matter how they resisted, it was all futile.

In the end, the gale directly pushed them out of the space, and the Overgods disappeared before all their eyes.

Immediately, silence descended. The eyes of all the other Overgods widened as they stared at the man behind the young man with a fan in shock. Their hearts churned.

Even the ancestor of the Mo family who had taken the damaged god artifact from Jian Chen became stunned. He was frightened, and he was secretly relieved that he was not the one who had stood forward to stop the young man.

The Overgods had been blown away from just a flick of the hand. There was even a late Overgod among them. That was simply too terrifying.

"Godking, he must be a Godking. Only before Godkings are late Overgods so puny..."

"Even several Overgods cannot resist a simple wave of his hand. Probably even the person ranked first on the Overgod's Plaque can't achieve that. He's a Godking. He's a Godking for sure..."

"Heavens, he actually has the protection of a Godking. Just how terrifying is that young man's background..."

...

Everyone's gazes towards the young man and the burly man underwent an overwhelming change. Before, they only feared the young man slightly, but now, they felt dread; it was a sense of dread that they had never experienced before.

The young man kept walking, directly making his way out with the injured Jian Chen. He did not become surprised or startled by how uncle Qin had blown away several Overgods with a flick of his hand as if he had been expecting that.

"I'm going to be leaving, everyone. If you still want Jian Chen, you must come quickly, seniors," the young man smiled cheekily as he glanced past everyone's faces slowly.

None of the Overgods dared to utter a single word. Instead, they quickly formed a path as the young man advanced, unwilling to stop him at all. They did not dare to show any displeasure on their faces as well as they were afraid of making the young man unhappy.

Naturally, the young man left easily with Jian Chen. Even though the Overgods objected to this, they could do nothing about it.

"The soul still hasn't come out. Everyone guard here. Once the soul comes out, immediately destroy her. She won't be able to take away anything like that anyway," an early Overgod said suddenly after the young man's departure.

The eyes of the Overgods in the surroundings immediately lit up. They watched over the place as they attacked the power of laws together to waste it away faster.

However, not everyone stayed. A few of the injured Overgods knew that they probably would not benefit if they stayed, so they left without a second thought.

The ancestor of the Mo family did not remain either. He left the dwelling. He had already obtained a damaged god artifact and was satisfied with what he had gained. He no longer wanted to take part in the upcoming fight.

At this moment, fairy Hao Yue's illusionary body hovered above Godking Duanmu's remains within the region protected by the power of laws. There was an incomplete golden core of laws in Godking Duanmu's head. Strands of energy radiated from it, pouring endlessly towards fairy Hao Yue's soul like small streams, allowing her soul to grow at a terrifying pace.

There was still some of the Godking's former power left in his remains that had not completely dispersed after so many years. Fairy Hao Yue was devouring it rapidly.

A Space Ring hovered in the air as well. The Space Ring was the one on Godking Duanmu's finger. At this moment, meter cubes of divine crystals hovered out as the energy within turned into a rapid stream that was all absorbed by fairy Hao Yue.

The divine crystals were all pure and without any contaminants. To no surprise, they were all of the supreme grade, making them even more valuable than high grade divine crystals.

Fairy Hao Yue was using the remaining possessions of Godking Duanmu to recover her strength and body.

...

Jian Chen gradually regained consciousness after some time. When he opened his eyes, all he saw was a deep, blue sky and white clouds.

"Hmm? You actually woke up so soon. I thought it'll take you a day or two at the very least, but I never thought you'd wake up in just four hours."

A surprised voice rang out from beside him as Jian Chen was still in a daze. He heard it clearly.

Jian Chen looked over and found a young man in white robes sitting nearby with one leg atop the other. He smiled impudently as he stared at Jian Chen with interest. Near the young man stood a burly man with his back towards Jian Chen. He was seated on the floor.

Jian Chen quickly observed his surroundings and found that he was among a mountain range. The fierce gale in the surroundings buffeted his hair and clothes.

"What is this place? And who are you?" Jian Chen asked as he tried to move. He tried to stand up, but tremendous pain filled his body, causing him to furrow his brows.

He was grievously injured. He had not recovered, so any movement would affect his wounds.

The young man sank into his thoughts. He looked around and said with uncertainty, "This is- is- is the Divine Kingdom of Nine Stars I think. I can't really remember. As for who I am..." The young man suddenly smiled resplendently. He slowly stood up and arrived before Jian Chen while fluttering his fan. He sat down beside Jian Chen and smiled, "I am your savior. If I had not stepped in and saved your life, your soul would have been extracted by that- that- sigh, I forgot his name, but that Overgod from some Mo family in the Divine Kingdom of Qingyang. You definitely would have suffered a fate worse than death."

"Thank you for saving my life, sir. I will never forget your kindness," Jian Chen said to the young man. However, he firmly remembered the Mo family of the Divine Kingdom of Qingyang. Jian Chen really could not accept it if he had really tried to extract his soul and make him suffer a fate even worse than death.

"My name is not sir. Jian Chen, listen up. My name is Tong Tian. The character 'Tong' from 'Tong Tian', and the character 'Tian' from 'Tong Tian'. What do you think about it? Isn't it awesome?" The young man said proudly with his chest held high. He was pleased with himself.

"It really is awesome. Thank you for saving me, young master Tong Tian," said Jian Chen. From their short conversation, he could tell that Tong Tian was probably from a large clan. He possessed a natural sense of pride and cockiness, but he did not seem to possess a bad character.

Tong Tian chuckled and said, "Jian Chen, you're extremely heavily injured, so you probably won't be able to recover in a short amount of time. I like you, so I'll help you out." As he said that, a black pill silently appeared in his hand. He glanced at the uncle Qin behind him in guilt before quickly feeding Jian Chen the pill.

Uncle Qin's face twitched unnaturally. He turned towards Tong Tian and said with a darkened face, "Young master, how did you steal elder Gu's Ninerefined Lifegiving Pill?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 101 16
494K 10K 127
This is the sequel to Chaos. Hope you enjoy!
1.5K 61 11
Simple Kill for hire you get hired to kill and get mixed in a war.
2.6K 113 56