โœ“ | BUBBLE GUM

By PLUTOTOWN

BUBBLE GUM โ sorry i didn't kiss you, but it's obvious i wanted to. โž in which childhood friends ned and ange... More

BUBBLE GUM
CAST
PLAYLIST
000
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
014
015
016
017
AUTHOR'S NOTE

013

496 37 20
By PLUTOTOWN

Monday

"This past weekend, Midtown's Academic Decathlon team defeated the country's best to win the national championship. Later that day, they also defeated death."

"I sure as hell defeated death alright." Angela laughed. Why not joke about almost dying? She sure didn't seem to care now.

"As you know, we made it out alive, and that's the important thing. I couldn't bear to lose a student on a school trip. Not again."

"Hey, I could've died too!" Peter whined. Both Angela and Ned shrugged at him. He was a superhero, he wasn't just a normal human anymore.

"Thankfully, no one was seriously injured, thanks to the Spider-Man. Thank you, Spider-Man."

"Ah, yes. Thank you Spider-Man." Angela poked at Peter. This caused Ned to cringe a little, but he kept it to himself.

"Up next: The Spider-Man mania is sweeping the school. How can you show your spider spirit?"

"What is it like being famous when nobody knows it's you?" Ned asks him.

Peter was absolutely excited to be the talk of the school, except the fact nobody knew it was him. "Crazy, dude."

"It's crazy. Should we tell everyone?"

Angela gave him a look. How many times did she have to tell him what's right and what's wrong? "Oh my god, Ned-"

"Should I tell everyone?"

"No, dude, no, that's not a good idea." Peter shook his head.

Ned frowned a little since he really wanted to flex that he's best friends with the one and only Spider-Man. "Okay, come on, we'll be late to class."

"I'm not going to class." Peter said.

Angela rolled her eyes at Peter since she was so done with this nonsense now. "You're already in so much trouble for ditching the Decathlon."

"I figured it out, alright?" He protests to them. "The wing suit guy is stealing from Damage Control. And what he takes from Damage Control, that's how he builds the weapons. So all I gotta do is catch him."

"But we have a Spanish quiz..." Ned trailed off.

"Ned, I'm probably never gonna come back here. Mr. Stark is moving the Avengers upstate, so when I bring this guy in-"

"You want to be a high school dropout?" Angela question him.

Peter only shrugged and began to make an exit. "I am so far beyond high school right now."

"Parker, my office." The principal said.

"Ooooo." Ned and Angela snickered.

•••

At lunch, Peter looked extremely upset. He had gotten after school detention and he really didn't want to talk about it. But of course he would be getting interrogated.

"What's got you down, bud?" Angela asked him. "High school got you good?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." Peter grunted.

Angela picked up her taco and put it in front of his face. "Don't you mean you don't wanna taco bout it?"

There was no laughter from the table, and Angela awkwardly looked at them. "Am I right? Right?"

"My dad has better jokes than that." Ned sadly admits.

Angela looks at him confused. "But they're trashy dad jokes."

"Exactly." He replied.

"Oh." Angela said with a blank face. "Anyway. Look, detention is just sitting there for like an hour or so. It's not the Breakfast Club, okay?"

"The Breakfast Club is so cool tho-"

"I don't care." She interrupts. "In my opinion Sixteen Candles is the best John Hughes movie but-"

"Woah, woah, woah. Sixteen Candles? Lame." Peter scoffed.

"Whatever!" Angela raises her voice. "Just listen to me. You'll live. It's not the end of the world. Now get a grip you're fricking-"

"Shhh!"

"Right. Just get a grip, alright? You're fifteen not five." She rolled her eyes at the end.

"Fine." Peter says. "I have better things to worry about anyway."

"Hm? Like what? Like those grades?" Angela smirked, which made Peter pause. "Yeah, I just said that."

"My grades are fine!" He protests.

"Dude, you flunked every test last week." Ned chimes in.

Peter looks at him with disappointment. "Dude..."

"Ew, now my taco's cold." Angela complains. She sets the taco back onto her tray and sighs.

"Sounds like an Angela problem." Peter jokes.

"You shut-"

•••

After School

"This is nice." Angela smiles. She was currently in Ned's room, sitting next to him with her head rested on his shoulder. "What is?"

"This. Us."

"About that-"

"This is breaking news. The Staten Island ferry is currently-"

"Holy shit!" Angela immediately looks up at the TV and stands up.

"It's appears that Spider-Man and now Iron Man are on the scene-"

"That idiot left detention! Can you believe him?" She turns to Ned.

"Uh, Ang? Shouldn't we be more concerned about Peter's well being right now?" Ned asks, which he wasn't wrong about. "It doesn't look so good over there."

"I'm gonna turn the volume up. Hold on." Angela grabs Ned's TV remote to increase the volume and get every word of the story.

"There were thankfully no casualties today thanks to Iron Man, widely known as Tony Stark of Stark industries."

"He could've gotten himself killed. For real this time." Now Angela was seriously worried for him. This also increased Ned's suspicious of her liking Peter, but really she was just concerned for his wellbeing like any normal friend would. "I'm gonna try texting him."

"Go do that." Ned says quietly. Of course he was worried for Peter, but he couldn't not think about this conflicting situation he was in. The almost kiss? Was now what he thought was out of Angela's mind, even though it wasn't. She just wouldn't admit that.

"I told him to come here ASAP. He needs our support right now." Angela says. Ned wasn't really paying attention, and jumped a little when Angela spoke out of the blue. "Support?"

"He's probably crushed that he couldn't save the day. We have to do something!" Peter was definitely crushed right now. All while this was happening he had his suit taken away from him, so he was now no longer Spider-Man. He was definitely going to get a rude awakening later.

Later before Angela had to go home for dinner, she received a voicemail from Peter since she missed his call. It wasn't hard to tell how upset he was at the time of recording it.

"Hey Ang. I, uh... can't come over tonight. *sniffle* I... I don't wanna talk about it. At least right now. I'll see you at school tomorrow. *sigh*"

•••

Well fuck bro

Also ! It's a shameless promo: I'd really appreciate if people read my Peter Parker fanfic called Drive Me Crazy. I'm pretty passionate about it despite being over but I'm working on a sequel for July. It's a pretty underrated story in my opinion and I wish people would get to go through the motions of it. I don't expect anything from this, but I appreciate if you check it out anyway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 539 21
SEQUEL TO "MY (SUPER)HERO" Y/N L/N and her friends Peter Parker, Michelle Jones, Ned Leeds, and Harry Lyman have "blipped" back into existence and ha...
102K 8.2K 30
ART DECO | โput your life out on the line, you're crazy all the timeโž SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING | NED LEEDS A HERO OF HEROES BOOK COVER BY: zellasdays
43.2K 3K 19
-๐ˆ ๐–๐Ž๐๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ๐–๐‡๐€๐“ ๐ˆ๐“๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ "๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ...
127K 4.5K 40
[PETER PARKER x OC] "Do you ever have that one person you really wanna tell about your powers, but you can't?" Luna Leeds, adopted sister of Ned Le...