Chaotic Sword God

By Jepnox2nd

More

1611-1620
1621-1630
1631-1640
1641-1650
1651-1660
1661-1670
1671-1680
1681-1690
1691-1700
1701-1710
1711-1720
1721-1730
1731-1740
1741-1750
1751-1760
1761-1770
1771-1780
1781-1790
1791-1800
1801-1810
1811-1820
1821-1830
1831-1840
1841-1850
1851-1860
1861-1870
1871-1880
1881-1890
1891-1900
1901-1910
1911-1920
1921-1930
1931-1940
1941-1950
1951-1960
1961-1970
1971-1980
1981-1990
1991-2000
2001-2010
2011-2020
2021-2030
2031-2040
2041-2050
2051-2060
2061-2070
2071-2080
2081-2090
2091-2100
2101-2110
2111-2120
2120-2140

1601-1610

1.2K 17 1
By Jepnox2nd

Chapter 1601: A Battle At Godhood (Three)

A gleam of light flickered through Jian Chen's eyes. He knew that the Spiritking was telling the truth. If there was a battle among Origin realm experts, even if they were at Reciprocity, the shockwaves would be terrifying but would be nowhere near destructive enough to destroy a world. At most, they would just cause heavy damage. He could tell that everything in the World of Forsaken Saints was much tougher than the Tian Yuan Continent since origin energy had existed in the environment for countless years. However, that would still not be enough to endure a battle between Godhood experts. Everything would be destroyed if the battle went on for long. Jian Chen knew that Celestial Decay would definitely descend if a quadrillion lives died by their hands and that it would possess terrifying power.

However, Jian Chen had taken the initiative to come to the World of Forsaken Saints just to avoid having the battle take place on the Tian Yuan Continent, so how could he agree to the Spiritking's suggestion so easily?

The light in Jian Chen's eyes flickered. He stared at the Spiritking's face and gruffly said, "It's not impossible for us to fight in my world, but there must be a condition. From today on, none of your Forsaken Saint Race can set a single foot on the Tian Yuan Continent."

"Impossible." The Spiritking declined Jian Chen's condition. He declined firmly and decisively with no hesitation at all.

Jian Chen's gaze grew colder as he said, "If that's the case, there's no point in talking anymore. We can only fight." When Jian Chen uttered the last word, his presence suddenly surged, and he aggressively charged toward the Spiritking while the Zi Ying Sword in his hand shone with a violet light. The Qing Suo Sword hovered above his head and flickered with an azure light. Under the control of Jian Chen's soul, it was ready to strike at any time.

The Spiritking's eyes were cold and emotionless. He gazed at Jian Chen deeply before entering the tunnel in a single moment. He shot toward the Tian Yuan Continent.

Jian Chen missed his attack and watched the Spiritking enter the tunnel. His face immediately changed, and at the same time, the Spiritking's voice loudly reverberated from the tunnel, causing the entire tunnel to shake.

"Jian Chen, I will fight you in outer space in the other world. Don't try killing the protectors and elders who are at Origin realm. If you lower yourself so far as to touch them, I will do the same."

"Jian Chen, go quick. Only you can stop the Spiritking now. You can't let him harm the Tian Yuan Continent. Leave the other people to me." Shangguan Mu'er's voice rang out.

Jian Chen nodded and looked at Shangguan Mu'er, "Then be careful." With that, he charged into the tunnel like a loose arrow, heading toward the Tian Yuan Continent as quickly as he could.

"You be careful too." Shangguan Mu'er's voice gently came from behind. It was filled with concern.

The Spiritking and Jian Chen both left the World of Forsaken Saints. Thus, the World Mountains experienced a rare moment of peace. However, the peace was broken once again. Great booms mixed with music materialized as a devastating battle ensued. Shangguan Mu'er began fighting the Origin realm experts from the World of Forsaken Saints.

Although the foreign world possessed an advantage in numbers, most of them were only at Receival, and there were only five at Returnance. Xiong Zhong was the only one at Reciprocity, and he was at early Reciprocity. On the other hand, Shangguan Mu'er was at the peak of mid Reciprocity. Coupled with her unique skills of the zither, she was able to take on all the Origin realm experts by herself. Not only did she fail to suffer defeat, but she even gained the upper hand. As time marched on, the eyes of many protectors filled with confusion. The music was gradually taking over their souls.

In the end, the forces of the foreign world used a treasure that had been passed down for countless generations. They only managed to achieve a stalemate with Shangguan Mu'er after its assistance.

The treasure also managed to weaken the charm of the music, so the protectors gradually recovered from her control. However, their battle prowess was still dulled since their souls were being suppressed by the music, preventing them from using their full strength.

All the Sainthood experts of the four races were gathered around the entrance of the tunnel on the Tian Yuan Continent. All of them stared at the tunnel as various emotions flickered through their eyes. There was excitement, anticipation, and worry.

All of them knew that the greatest human expert, Jian Chen, and the mistress of Three Saint Island had entered the other world. Their actions were connected to the survival of the Tian Yuan Continent. Their fates were bound together, which weighed on everyone's mind.

At this moment, an indescribably tremendous pressure suddenly emerged from the tunnel. It gushed into the world like a flood. Soon after it appeared, the quiet tunnel began to shake violently and its walls began to crack.

All the experts there revealed drastically different expressions when they sensed the pressure. Even the sea goddess, Houston, Tie Ta, Yang Lie, and the other Origin realm experts revealed extremely ugly faces.

"It's the Spiritking. The Spiritking's coming over. Everyone retreat," Tie Ta cried out. The tremendous presence made them all shiver with fear. It was definitely beyond Reciprocity. Only the Spiritking possessed such a strength aside from Jian Chen.

"What! The Spiritking's coming over!? Has sovereign Jian Chen been defeated..."

Many Sainthood experts among the four races became extremely pale. Despair filled their eyes.

Boom!

However, before they had too much time to think about the situation, a figure flew out of the tunnel. He was a blur that shot into the sky in a single moment, disappearing from everyone's view. He moved unbelievably fast, exceeding the reaction speed of many people. His terrifying presence had failed to injure anyone on the Tian Yuan Continent either.

Just as the figure flew into outer space, the tunnel shook once more. Jian Chen shot out of the tunnel like an arrow as he radiated a blinding violet light. He did not stop at all, directly charging into outer space as well.

"It's sovereign Jian Chen. Sovereign Jian Chen hasn't been defeated..."

"Fantastic, sovereign Jian Chen is pursuing the Spiritking. Sovereign Jian Chen is invincible..."

The people in despair immediately regained their high spirits when the violet light appeared. They all involuntarily cried out and were extremely emotional. Although many of them could not see Jian Chen, the resplendent violet light and extremely sharp sword Qi had basically become Jian Chen's symbol.

Chapter 1602: The Daluo Sword

The stars twinkled in the cold and dark space. They did not shine particularly bright. Who knew just how far away those stars were.

At this moment, a dazzling violet light suddenly appeared in the dead silent space. It flew from a huge planet at the speed of lightning while shining like a violet sun. It illuminated the surroundings.

A figure seemed to be standing in the stream of violet light. He stood straight as supreme sword intent permeated his surroundings, causing space to shake and collapse. The figure did not seem particularly large, but it contained a terrifying power that could destroy the world.

Opposite the figure was a middle-aged man who calmly hovered. He held an ordinary, dark metal sword and also radiated a supreme sword intent, causing the surrounding space to collapse. Although his appearance was nothing special, the pressure from his body was so terrifying that it could shake the world.

To no surprise, one was the greatest human expert, Jian Chen, and the other was the Spiritking, who ruled over the World of Forsaken Saints. The two of them had arrived at a spot that was extremely far away from the Tian Yuan Continent. The planet the Tian Yuan Continent existed on was now the size of a fist.

"Spiritking, if we engage in an all-out battle against your World of Forsaken Saints, both my Tian Yuan Continent and your World of Forsaken Saints will lose many lives. At that time, it will be not as simple as a few hundred thousand or million. It'll be in the hundred millions. To avoid this disaster caused by a brutal war, why don't we decide the outcome between the two worlds from this battle?" Jian Chen said with a heavy voice. He did not want the Tian Yuan Continent to engage in a full-blown war against the foreign world because the difference between the two worlds was just far too big. The Tian Yuan Continent was too weak. The Tian Yuan Continent was at a disadvantage and would definitely lose in the end.

Jian Chen really wanted to take revenge for his great-grandfather Changyang Zu Xiao, but he also understood that if he could not remain composed, then even more people would die from the Tian Yuan Continent. The amount that would die would reach into the hundred millions.

And now that the world was gradually recovering its origin energy and the laws of the world were gradually approaching completion, what they needed the most was time to gather strength. He believed that the Tian Yuan Continent would not need to fear the World of Forsaken Saints after quite some time, and at that time, even the World of Forsaken Saints would have to reconsider invading once again.

"Sure. If I am defeated in this battle, I'll only take the protectors and elders who follow me to the World of Forsaken Saints and we won't set another foot in your world within the next ten thousand years, but if I win, your universe completely belongs to us," said the Spiritking. In the past, he would have never made a decision like this because the Tian Yuan Continent was not powerful enough to catch the attention of the World of Forsaken Saints. However, Jian Chen now had the strength to enforce conditions.

"Alright. Then the outcome of our battle will determine the homes of the various races in the future," Jian Chen confirmed. He exploded with a violet light in a single moment and charged toward the Spiritking. Wherever he passed, space would collapse.

A gleam of light flickered through the Spiritking's eyes, and he charged toward Jian Chen at the same time. His presence also surged, making the surroundings space shake and collapse.

The two of them engaged in a battle far, far away from the Tian Yuan Continent. The Zi Ying Sword and dark metal sword collided and so did their Way of the Sword. They glowed with the brightest light, outshining the sun, moon, and stars. The space around them experienced large scale destruction time and time again. Every time they clashed, they would annihilate a large region of space and turn the laws of the world into a mess.

Both Jian Chen and the Spiritking used their full strength. Although Jian Chen was slightly weaker than the Spiritking, the difference was not extremely large. It could easily be bridged by his eighth layer Chaotic Body and his abilities as a Class 9 Radiant Saint Master.

The disturbance from Jian Chen and the Spiritking's fight was just far too great. Even on the Tian Yuan Continent, people could see lights exploding like suns and vaguely hear the roars of battle, which impacted the energy of the world on the Tian Yuan Continent and turned it into a mess.

这样的大战之激烈是前所未有,远远的超越了源境之战,那恐怖的战斗余波造成的毁灭性情景,更是让无数看到这一幕的人纷纷为之骇然。

The intensity of the battle was unprecedented. It completely exceeded any battles among the Origin realm. The shockwaves of battle were so destructive that the countless people who were watching all felt shocked.

Many humans, magical beasts, members of the Sea race, and Hundred Races had arrived in outer space. They watched Jian Chen and the Spiritking fight from very far away as astoundment filled many of their faces.

Jian Chen and the Spiritking would clash over a hundred times in a single flash. Jian Chen was currently covered with blood, his white robes dyed red. He had sustained around a dozen sword slashes and every single one of them was vicious and frightening. His body had even been pierced the whole way through. However, the Chaotic Body had gifted him with unimaginable vitality and battle prowess, so no matter how heavily injured he was, his battle prowess did not decrease at all. Instead, he fought more ferociously as the battle raged on. Coupled with the recovery of abilities of Class 9 Radiant Saint Force origin energy and the Chaotic Body, his wounds rapidly healed. When the Spiritking saw how quickly Jian Chen could recover, even his eyes narrowed in shock.

The Spiritking was in horrible shape as well. His clothes were speckled with blood. Some of it came from Jian Chen and some came from himself. He had also been injured, but his wounds were insignificant compared to the wounds covering Jian Chen's body.

"Daluo Sword!"

Suddenly, Jian Chen bellowed a name and a resplendent golden glow radiated from his body. Coupled with a certain presence, it rapidly condensed into a glimmering, golden sword Qi. The sword Qi was so powerful that even the Spiritking frowned and became stern.

Swish! The sword Qi turned into a golden streak of light as it shot toward the Spiritking. Space collapsed on a massive scale wherever it moved, creating a river of darkness made up of spatial cracks, which devoured all light.

The sword Qi's power was utterly terrifying. It had surpassed what the world could endure, making the space around it extremely fragile.

"Sword-breaker!"

At the same time, the Spiritking bellowed out a name as well. His sword immediately began to shine brighter as he stabbed out with a mysterious power, making it collide with the golden sword Qi.

Boom!

With a deafening boom, the Spiritking's sword pressed against the tip of the golden sword Qi. However, the sword Qi did not disperse. Instead, it continued on without slowing down at all, pushing the Spiritking back. It was also at that time that the Spiritking's upper garment turned to dust, revealing his bronze skin. However, his bronze body rapidly became covered with a layer of dense cuts. Each wound was extremely small, but they all drew blood, covering the Spiritking in blood in the blink of an eye.

The Spiritking's gaze was cold and extremely stern. His long hair swayed wildly as origin energy surged forth. He used his full strength to stop the sword Qi. At the same time, the mysterious power within the sword Qi seemed to possess a special type of corrosion, eating away the golden sword Qi at a visible rate.

However, the golden sword Qi was not as simple as energy and laws. There was a certain presence within it that the mysterious power that came from the metal sword could not eat away.

Chapter 1603: A Battle to the Death

The Spiritking was rapidly pushed back by the golden sword Qi in outer space. He was pushed away so quickly that a golden comet appeared to cross the sky, crossing a great distance in a single moment.

Jian Chen ran through space. He was not slow as he pursued the Spiritking with his entire strength. However, the golden sword Qi moved much quicker than him, causing the distance between him and the Spiritking to widen.

"I never thought he would know such a great ability." The Spiritking was shocked inside. While he was being pushed back by the golden sword Qi, he was unable to move his body since the sword Qi was moving too quickly. He could only wait as he was pushed further and further away.

If it were not for the tip of his sword, which was still pressing against the golden sword Qi, he probably would have been pierced by the sword Qi.

The mysterious power in the metal sword rapidly ate away the golden sword Qi, causing its power to drastically decline. Finally, the golden sword Qi weakened. The Spiritking put some force into his right arm and the tip of the metal sword jerked. With a great push, the Spiritking moved to one side and avoided the rest of the sword Qi.

The golden sword Qi continued on without slowing down at all, continuing toward the starry depths. In the end, the residual sword Qi struck the moon with a boom and caused it to shake violently. The sword Qi pierced through the body of the moon and emerged on the other side. The power of the attack was just shocking and terrifying.

Everyone clearly watched a golden streak of light cross the sky above the Tian Yuan Continent. All of them immediately became deeply astounded when they saw the streak of light penetrate the moon.

The battle prowess at Godhood was unbelievable. If experts at Godhood went all out without restraining themselves, destroying a planet would not be a problem.

Jian Chen ran through space while the origin energy of Radiant Saint Force filled his body. All his wounds rapidly healed. He had already recovered from most of them by now.

"Sword-breaker can counter all sword moves in the world. I never thought you'd know something like that." A violet light revolved around Jian Chen as he coldly spoke while staring at the Spiritking in interest.

However, Jian Chen was nowhere near as calm as he seemed on the surface. Underneath, his heart churned. The technique used by the Spiritking had made him remember the figure he had tried to forget the most. That figure had created the Sword-breaker, which could be used to counter all sword moves in the world. The difference in power between the Spiritking and the person Jian Chen knew was like heaven and earth. One targeted sword moves used by mortals while the other contained devastating power, but the Sword-breaker used by the Spiritking actually made him feel a sliver of familiarity.

The Spiritking also stared at Jian Chen with great interest. A gleam of light flickered through his eyes when he heard what Jian Chen said. He coldly replied, "Just as I expected. Jian Chen, it really is you."

Jian Chen's heart began to billow the moment he heard the Spiritking speak. At that moment, he had never felt more shocked. During the several decades he had spent in this world, his astoundment had never been so intense.

"This is our battle to the death. I'd like to see if you can defeat me this time." The Spiritking's presence soaring. At that moment, he erupted with great battle intent, greater than anything he had ever displayed in his life. He revealed his entire strength to engage in a battle to the death with Jian Chen.

"Form-breaker!" The Spiritking yelled while his metal sword shot toward Jian Chen with a mysterious power. Everything in the surroundings fell silent the moment the Spiritking attacked while all the stars dimmed. The attack possessed a wondrous power. It could destroy everything, targeting everything with a form.

"Taiyi Sword Technique!" At the same time, Jian Chen struck out. He fused his body and soul with his sword and condensed a strand of sword Qi from his body, using it as a sword. He charged toward the Spiritking without any fear.

The collision of the two people resulted in a devastating boom. Terrifying energy splattered in all directions, causing a huge hole across countless kilometers of space to form. The laws of the world in the hole became jumbled, and the two of them were engulfed in a huge crack, making them disappear.

Jian Chen and the Spiritking emerged with lightning-like speed from the dark hole. They stood opposing one another several dozen kilometers away. They were both covered in blood, but Jian Chen's wounds were even more severe than the Spiritking's injuries. A huge hole had been punched through his body while the Spiritking possessed several terrifying slashes that bled constantly.

His Form-breaker was an extremely powerful attack. It was a counter to everything with a form, thus, able to destroy everything in the world. It was countless times more powerful than Sword-breaker.

"A Will that Splits the Heavens: The Sword Shakes and Stars Shatter!" The Spiritking cried out. His cry was so loud that it reverberated through outer space. The metal sword began to tremble violently as a ring of visible ripples appeared. It rapidly expanded toward Jian Chen with a devastating power. The meteors that came in contact with the ripple, some of which were over ten kilometers away, actually shattered, turning into dust.

Jian Chen was grim. He felt an extremely intense sense of threat from the ripple, even greater than the threat he felt from Form-breaker. He did not doubt that he would instantly shatter into pieces even with his eight layer Chaotic Body if the ripple reached him. He would turn into dust just like the meteors.

As the ripple expanded, an even larger region of space was engulfed and sealed off, preventing Jian Chen from dodging.

The attacks from the Spiritking were becoming more and more powerful.

However, Jian Chen did not fear them. He had not spent twenty years cultivating to only elevate his Chaotic Body to the eighth layer. He had also grasped various sword techniques, which were on a whole different level. At the same time, every single sword technique was more powerful than his Sky-severing Strike.

"Linear Lightning Release!" With Jian Chen's voice, he turned into the sword. He shot off, like a loose arrow, in a resplendent violet light and a deep, thunderous boom. He surged forward like dazzling lightning, where each bolt was several meters thick. They possessed great power as they licked the surrounding space, dancing about like snakes. The bolts caused space to cave in as Jian Chen viciously shot toward the ripple.

At that moment, Jian Chen seemed to have become a bolt of lightning. He moved incomparably fast, appearing to break free from the limits of time and space. He arrived before the ripple in a single moment and collided with it. The lightning immediately distorted and several bolts were put out. Jian Chen's body shook and he became extremely pale. He even vomited blood while his Chaotic Body showed signs of collapse, revealing cracks.

However, the ripple rapidly disintegrated after Jian Chen's collision as a lightning bolt. Jian Chen vomited blood as he continued on at a supreme speed, flickering with lightning and shooting toward the Spiritking.

Jian Chen moved far too fast. He had truly reached the speed of lightning, arriving before the Spiritking in a single moment. The Zi Ying Sword stabbed the Spiritking in the chest, reemerging on the other side. However, since Jian Chen was moving unbelievably fast, he lost control and collided with the Spiritking, which immediately resulted in a deafening boom. The two of them flew off like meteors.

The Spiritking vomited blood. He had become heavily injured. His injuries did arise from Jian Chen's sword, but from the collision.

The Spiritking felt like he had been hit by a mountain the moment Jian Chen struck him. The power was immense. His entire frame groaned from the strain while his organs tossed and turned like waves.

Jian Chen was not any better off either. He had been injured from the ripple and his Chaotic Body had almost crumbled. He was even more injured now.

However, he had no other choice. He had only recently grasped the technique, so he was still slightly unfamiliar with using it. He was unable to control his speed, which was why he collided with the Spiritking like a cannonball after stabbing him.

Chapter 1604: The Spiritking's Identity

The Spiritking and Jian Chen shot off like meteors at the speed of lightning. They both vomited blood and paled, having both become severely injured. They flew off in the same direction.

Jian Chen had used a sword technique and erupted with the true speed of lightning, but since he was moving too fast, he had lost control. On the other hand, the Spiritking was struck by Jian Chen at an incomparable speed, sending him flying. The Spiritking had temporarily lost control of his body.

Boom!

With a thunderous sound, Jian Chen and the Spiritking collided with the moon. The celestial body trembled as dust and sand were kicked up into space. Two huge, bottomless holes appeared, piercing the entire piece of rock.

At the same time, a terrifying shockwave spread out with them the holes at the center. The shockwave flooded the surroundings and reached most of the moon.

"Oh my god, sovereign Jian Chen and the Spiritking have gone to the moon to fight. I can see dust being kicked up from the moon..."

"That's just unbelievable. Sovereign Jian Chen and the Spiritking are actually so fast that they've crossed such a tremendous distance in such a short moment and arrived on the moon..."

"Throughout history, rarely anyone has set foot on the moon, because it's just too far away from the Tian Yuan Continent. Most Saint Emperors would not even go there because they can't absorb the energy of the world in outer space. Once they run out of Saint Force, it's extremely difficult to recover out there. Within the past million years, no one aside from fairy Hao Yue has gone to the moon..."

The various experts of the four races all sighed in surprise above the Tian Yuan Continent. They all looked at Jian Chen in admiration and yearned to become like him one day.

A distance that was basically impossible for Saint Emperors to traverse had been crossed in a single moment by sovereign Jian Chen. All of them eagerly dreamed for such strength.

The moon had lost all sense of peace by now. The entire place shook and cracked as mountains collapsed. It seemed like the world was ending. The disturbance caused by the impact was just shocking. Two extremely powerful sword intents permeated the moon, conflicting with one another unintentionally. The conflict caused space to distort and collapse.

Jian Chen and the Spiritking hovered in the air. They were both in horrible conditions and covered in blood. Although they were heavily injured, they showed no signs of weakness at all. Their eyes were cold and filled with great battle intent.

Jian Chen's body was enveloped by a layer of milky-white light. He rapidly healed by using his Class 9 Radiant Saint Force origin energy and his Chaotic Body, so his injuries quickly disappeared. On the other hand, the Spiritking did not recover as quickly as Jian Chen. His eyes immediately narrowed as he watched Jian Chen's wounds close up at a visible rate. He immediately consumed a recovery pill before aggressively charging at Jian Chen.

Jian Chen and the Spiritking engaged in an intense battle on the moon. Both of them used their full strength without hiding anything at all. They used various powerful sword techniques and secret techniques time and time again, colliding many times on the moon. Every single attack was devastating. Booms constantly rang out.

The moon was devastated. The moon, which normally glowed bright in the sky, had lost all its color. It had become dull as all the dust drifted around it, hiding its luster.

Whether it was the Sainthood experts, the puny Mortal realm fighters, or even the millions of ordinary people, they all raised their heads to look at the sky to see something that had never happened in the past.

Jian Chen and the Spiritking's battle had reached the climax. It was as intense as it had ever been. Strands of Sword Qi criss-crossed, destroying everything. Huge, bottomless cracks appeared on the ground, weaving between each other like webs. As they fought from one side of the moon to the other, countless holes were created, completely damaging the moon. As their huge, resplendent strands of sword Qi collided, the holey moon before their feet finally gave way, splitting in half.

"Look, the moon's shattered. The moon has actually shattered. Oh my god, sovereign Jian Chen and the Spiritking have actually broken the moon..."

"Sovereign Jian Chen and the Spiritking's strength is actually so mind-boggling. This is just unbelievable..."

All the Sainthood experts and Origin realm experts became stunned when the moon split in half. Their faces were filled with utter disbelief.

When they saw the moon split, all of them felt extremely taken aback. At that moment, many of them felt like the world was ending. Even heavenly bodies could be destroyed during a battle. They struggled to imagine just how terrifying Jian Chen's battle against the Spiritking was.

The moon was no smaller than the planet they inhabited, yet their battle split it in half. Did that not mean that they possessed the power to destroy the planet the Tian Yuan Continent lay on?

At that moment, all the Sainthood experts among the four races had never felt more admiration and reverence for Jian Chen. What they felt completely surpassed what they had felt for the sea goddess, the Winged Tiger God, Tie Ta, and so on.

Jian Chen and the Spiritking stood separate halves of the moon. They were in an even worse shape now. They were so heavily injured that they would send chills down the backs of people after just a single glance.

The Spiritking's body was covered with vicious slashes. There were four wounds traveling through his body. A huge chunk of his flesh was missing. There was a fist-sized hole on his resolute face, passing through to the back of his head. Fortunately, the hole had not reached his soul.

However, Jian Chen's condition was even more severe than the Spiritking. His left arm was completely gone while his right arm had become a bloody mess. He only had two fingers left on his right hand, having lost the other three. The injuries on his body were the most severe. He had almost been cleaved in two near the waist, leaving a third of his flesh holding it all together. He had completely lost feeling in one of his legs. There were many piercing wounds on his chest as well, completely destroying his organs. He had even lost a third of his head, only leaving behind a single eye. He looked extremely ferocious.

If the fighters from the Tian Yuan Continent saw Jian Chen's miserable appearance, they would definitely faint. His injuries were incredible. If it were not for his Chaotic Body, he would have collapsed long ago.

"I never thought that your strength would actually grow to such a level, to be able to force me to a point like this. Jian Chen, you really are worthy of being rumored as the youngest genius on the Jianghu. Even when you've come to a higher world, you're still as glorious as you were in the past. What confuses me is why you were so weak when I first met you." The Spiritking stared at Jian Chen with mixed feelings.

"What I least expected was that the strongest Spiritking in all of the World of Forsaken Saints' history was my opponent from my last life, Dugu Qiubai. Do I call you the Spiritking or Dugu Qiubai?" Jian Chen replied gruffly, but he was not calm at all inside.

The Spiritking gently sighed, "Dugu Qiubai is not my name, but a title that the people from the Jianghu bestowed to me. You better call me Shen Jian instead. That's my real name. Jian Chen, in our past life, you killed my only disciple, so we engaged in a battle to the death and died together. In this world, our strengths are similar as well. If we continue like this, it'll probably lead to the same outcome as before. Why don't we call it a draw today?"

Reminiscence filled Jian Chen's eyes and his emotions became mixed. In his past life, he was from a completely different generation compared to Dugu Qiubai, and they would never have come in contact with one another except for a person called Liu Kaiyun. He was Dugu Qiubai's only disciple and a wastrel. He had provoked Jian Chen and clashed with him, dying to Jian Chen's hands. The battle between Jian Chen and Dugu Qiubai had all been caused by this person called Liu Kaiyun.

"We can call it a draw, but your World of Forsaken Saints will never be able to touch the Tian Yuan Continent from now on. I will only allow Origin realm experts to pass onto the Saints' World," said Jian Chen. The Tian Yuan Continent held great value to him and was also his bottom line. He would not cross it for anyone.

"We can discuss that in the future. You're even more injured than me right now, so even with your rapid recovery rate, no one will benefit if we keep on fighting. We might end up dying together once again," replied the Spiritking. He did not agree to Jian Chen's proposal, clearly intending on taking up a territory in this world as well.

"I'm very injured, but if we keep fighting, I might not necessarily die. If that's not enough, I have the ability to flee, and after a few more dozen years, I can refine the Profound Sword Qi. Killing you won't be a problem," Jian Chen coldly responded.

"A Will that Splits the Heavens has three moves in total. I've only grasped the first one right now. If I can use the second one as well, killing you would be piece of cake today as well. I think it's best to call it a draw, and we can discuss everything else in the future," said the Spiritking. He was confident and did not give in at all.

"Dugu Qiubai, may I ask you how long you've been cultivating?" Jian Chen stared at the Spiritking with piercing eyes. He was furious about how the Spiritking did not want to give up his intentions of gaining a piece of territory, tempting him to begin fighting again.

"Over eight hundred years," said the Spiritking.

"You've cultivated for over eight hundred years and this is all you've achieved. I've cultivated for less than a century. If you think you'll still be my opponent in the future, we can call it a draw today, but your world will not set another foot in mine from today on," said Jian Chen.

The Spiritking's eyes narrowed. A sliver of uncontainable shock was present in the gaze he sent toward Jian Chen.

Chapter 1605: Breaking Free

"What! You say you've only been cultivating for less than a hundred years?" The Spiritking's voice was filled with shock. Even with his mental fortitude, he struggled to maintain his composure. His heart churned.

He had used at least eight whole centuries to go from a mortal to what he now possessed, but he was still named the most outstanding genius in all of the World of Forsaken Saints' history, crowned as the strongest Spiritking. However, Jian Chen had used less than a hundred years to reach his level and fight him to a stalemate, which filled him with disbelief.

Going from a mortal to Godhood in just a hundred years was very startling, even though he had only just reached the lowest levels of Godhood. Even in the Saints' World, such a terrifying growth rate would cause a huge commotion.

"I never thought that when we killed each other, you ended up surviving just like me, being transported to foreign worlds that neighboured each other. What has surprised me even more is that you actually successfully reincarnated several years earlier than me." Jian Chen's feelings were mixed as he sighed emotionally inside. The Spiritking from the World of Forsaken Saints had weighed on his shoulders like a mountain in the past, almost to the point that he found it suffocating. He had even treated the Spiritking as the greatest enemy in his life, but he had never thought that the Spiritking came from the same world as him.

Jian Chen was amazed. He was amazed by how anything could happen in the universe.

Jian Chen had even guessed that the reason why Dugu Qiubai had reincarnated with him was because of the sword spirits. He could still remember the extremely bright azure and violet lights when he closed his eyes for the last time. They were resplendent and dazzling and covered the entire sky. Perhaps when the sword spirits awakened back then, the space and laws in that lower world had been influenced since their powers were too great, reincarnating Dugu Qiubai as well.

After all, the energy of the world he lived in in the past was so thin that only mortals existed. There was not a single cultivator. It could not compare to the Tian Yuan Continent. It was obviously impossible for a world like that to be tough at all, so the weakened sword spirits could easily tear through it.

Jian Chen was not very surprised by their great age difference. After all, when he and Dugu Qiubai were reincarnated, neither of them knew just how long they had spent crossing through space. Dugu Qiubai might have only reincarnated several decades, centuries, or even millennia after he had died while Jian Chen had reincarnated even later than that.

This was similar to the sayings and rumors regarding reincarnation among mortals. No one would know just how much time would pass the moment someone died to when they started their next life. It could be a single moment, a few millenia, several dozen millenia, or even longer.

"Jian Chen, I am indeed weaker than you in terms of talent, but I must obtain a piece of land in this world. The environment of your Tian Yuan Continent cannot compare to the World of Forsaken Saints. If my world is hell, then yours would be heaven. As the current Spiritking, I must think of my people. If you insist that the people from my world cannot set foot on the Tian Yuan Continent, there's only one thing I can do, and that's to defeat you." The Spiritking stared at Jian Chen deeply. He was extremely determined. Although he would venture to the Saints' World in the end, only Origin realm experts could go there. He still had many weaker clansmen in the World of Forsaken Saints, so before he left, he needed to find them a suitable place to inhabit.

As a result, the Spiritking and Jian Chen did not behave like they were close even though they came from the same place. They both only considered their own races.

Jian Chen's eyes grew colder. He said, "If that's the case, we can only continue our battle until someone is defeated."

However, soon after Jian Chen spoke, a terrifying pulse appeared deep in outer space. It possessed enough power to shake the world, immediately causing Jian Chen's face to change. He suddenly shifted his eyes to look in that direction.

He stared in the direction where the Yinyang Saint Rock lay, but because it was so far away, Jian Chen was unable to see what was happening. All he could do was sense the great formation in the depths of space.

At the same time, the Spiritking's eyes narrowed. He stared into the depths as well. He was stern since he, too, could feel the extremely powerful pulse from the distant region of space. It made him shiver inside.

All the other Origin realm experts on the Tian Yuan Continent sensed it as well. Their attention all gathered in the same direction and they became extremely stern. They had no idea what was happening, but they all felt their hearts jump when the pulse appeared. They also felt chills run down their spine.

Chills rarely ever happened to them. In fact, they had never experienced such a visceral feeling before.

"The evil power hidden within the Yinyang Saint Rock has actually broken free. How did it break free so soon?" Jian Chen's face became extremely ugly. When he had left with Shangguan Mu'er, there was still a shell of the Yinyang Saint Rock, which formed a jail that sealed in the evil power. He had estimated that the remaining rock could keep the evil power trapped for a few more years, up to a few dozen more years, enough time for him to deal with the threat of the foreign world and even refine his Profound Sword Qi. Unexpectedly, the remaining rock only kept the evil power trapped for less than a day. The evil power had absorbed all of the energy and had broken free.

"I can sense extremely dense origin energy in the depths of space. No wonder there's no origin energy in this world. It's all there. Where is this place?" The Spiritking asked. He was not curious at all and was grim instead, because he could feel an extremely intense sense of threat from the pulse of energy.

"Quick, heal. Heal as soon as you can. We don't have much time," Jian Chen said with a deep voice. His voice was rather hurried. At that moment, he became extremely grim as well. He immediately began to heal as quickly as he could.

The Spiritking stared at Jian Chen before taking out a pill and consuming it. He sat down where he was to heal.

"What terrifying thing is hidden there?" The Spiritking asked. His wounds were also recovering rapidly but at a slightly slower rate.

Chapter 1606: Ceasefire

"There's an extremely evil power and it's grown to a terrifying state. You should be able to sense how powerful it is," Jian Chen said in a gruff voice.

The Spiritking was silent. He arrived on the shattered moon and sat down on half of a mountain with its top cleaved off. His gaze was sharp as he stared into the depths of space. He unintentionally let his powerful origin energy pulse and his pressure permeate the surroundings, causing space to twist and shake.

"I originally thought that the evil power would need a few years to break free at the very least, but I was wrong. I never thought it would break free so quickly. I have never seen something so evil. Once it appears, all the life in this world will definitely become extinct. No one will be able to survive. If we don't stop it, it will bring a calamity, and it might even destroy the entire world if it's powerful enough," said Jian Chen. He sat down on the other half of the moon as he stared at the Spiritking. He added, "Shen Jian, your world and mine are connected, so the evil power won't only threaten the Tian Yuan Continent. Even your World of Forsaken Saints won't be able to avoid this calamity, so I suggest that we call a ceasefire between our worlds and deal with the evil power first. What do you think?"

"This is your world's problem. It's got nothing to do with mine. You're not wrong about how the tunnel connects our worlds, but the evil presence is so powerful that it might not necessarily be able to pass through and threaten us. If push comes to pull, we'll just give up on any territory in this world and try to seal off the tunnel," the Spiritking emotionlessly replied.

"Shen Jian, it'll definitely have significant impact on your world. The presence of the evil power is so great that none of us will be able to defeat it individually, and regarding the tunnel, it only limits fighters. The evil power isn't a fighter. It's creation is beyond the scope of our understanding. It's such a special existence that the tunnel might not be able to keep it at bay. And even if you do seal up the tunnel, won't my people still be able to smash through your seal forcefully? What will you do then?" Jian Chen replied sternly.

A gleam of light flickered through the Spiritking's eyes when Jian Chen approached the end of what he was saying. The Spiritking responded, "Are you threatening me?"

"Originally, there was a powerful seal between our worlds, but you forcefully smashed through it. Why is it that only you are allowed to smash through our seals while we can't do the same to yours? The evil power doesn't just threaten us, it threatens your world as well. With our current strength, it'll be impossible for us to defeat the evil power individually. If I die first, do you think you can stop the evil power just by yourself? This is why working together is the only choice we have now. It's the only one that allows us to fight for our own people and survive this calamity. Otherwise, both our worlds will go extinct and we might cease to exist as well," said Jian Chen. He was filled with helplessness. His original plan had not been to work with the Spiritking but to devote himself to refining Profound Sword Qi after dealing with the threat of the foreign world. Once he refined a strand of Profound Sword Qi, he was confident he could make it through this calamity with the Primordial Godsilk. However, the evil power had not given him enough time.

When Jian Chen learned the method of refining Profound Sword Qi from the sword spirits, he had also learned that both artifacts and techniques were split between the Immortal Tier and the God Tier in the Immortals' World. All the sword techniques he had used in his fight against the Spiritking were of the Immortal Tier, because God Tier sword techniques and secret techniques could only be grasped by Immortal Monarchs and Immortal Monarchs would only be able to use a part of the techniques full power. Of course, there were a few special techniques that didn't follow the rules.

Profound Sword Qi was an extremely special sword technique. It belonged to the God Tier, a sword technique that was ranked at the apex of the God Tier. It used the vital energies of life as a medium to refine nine strands of Profound Sword Qi, which were then nurtured in the soul. Practicing the technique did not require the strength of an Immortal Monarch. All it required was for someone to have reached major achievement of Sword Origin. Reaching that point was enough to refine the first strand of Profound Sword Qi. Refining all nine strands would require the highest realm of the Way of the Sword, Sword God. However, since the Profound Sword Qi was a God Tier sword technique, even just the first strand was unimaginably powerful.

This was Jian Chen's trump card against the evil power and where his confidence came from. However, he no longer had the time to refine Profound Sword Qi, so he could only negotiate with the Spiritking and work together.

After a moment of deliberation, the Spiritking agreed to Jian Chen's suggestion in the end. The two of them called a ceasefire and decided to work together to deal with the evil power. They both could tell that the evil power did not just threaten the Tian Yuan Continent but the World of Forsaken Saints as well.

This peace would only be temporary.

A blood-red cloud rose up in the sky above the miniature world constructed by the rock. It dyed the hazy gray space a blood-red color. The surroundings dimmed, as if they had become a cavern of ice. The cloud gave off an evil presence.

The blood-red cloud tossed, turned, and blanketed the surroundings. It sent out a chilling, terrifying pulse of energy, causing the world to tremble as large swathes of space collapsed. At the same time, a tremendous formation vaguely appeared. It was shockingly powerful and enveloped the entire world.

The formation trembled with great instability due to the churning blood-red cloud. It seemed like it was about to shatter.

The blood-red cloud slowly gathered in the center of the miniature world. It transformed constantly, assuming a human form at times, alternating between different genders and ages before switching to a beastial form. It continued to change, turning into plants, rocks, and everything else in the world.

It did not have a form, so it could become anything.

Finally, the blood-red cloud solidified, assuming the body of a human. It was completely blood-red, as if the body had been condensed from blood. Its face was blurry and unclear. It radiated a terrifyingly cold presence, representing great evil and the will of destruction.

This will of destruction did not target any specific person or race. Instead, it targeted everything with life, including the entire world and universe.

It was as if it existed for the purpose of destruction.

It was the evil power hiding within the Yinyang Saint Rock.

"Dahahahaha..."

The blood-red figure produced a strange laughter. The laughter possessed a terrifying power, which was able to penetrate anything. The moment it began to laugh, the surrounding space collapsed and descended into darkness.

At the same time, strands of essence that seemed to originate from the world condensed around the blood-red figure before being absorbed by the figure. After losing the essence, the surroundings died, like a lively young man who had all his vitality wrenched out of him.

Clearly, the blood-red figure possessed a special innate ability and could devour its surroundings to strengthen itself.

Boom!

Suddenly, the blood-red figure shot into the sky with lightning-like speed as a streak of red light. It viciously smashed into the formation. With a rumble, the formation immediately collapsed. It had existed for far too long even though it possessed quite the power.

Chapter 1607: Evil Spirit

Two-thirds of the origin energy gathered in the surroundings vanished the moment the formation shattered. It was absorbed the moment the blood-red figure struck the formation, strengthening the formations defenses. However, even then, the formation was unable to endure a single attack from the blood-red figure.

The formation was not the only thing that shattered. The space that had formed over countless years shattered as well. A storm of destruction swept through the gray space, causing it to descend into darkness. It collapsed so quickly that it was unimaginable. In just a few seconds, the entire place vanished, leaving behind vast, starry depths. The remaining origin energy moved like water through a broke dam, expanding in all directions.

The blood-red figure floated in outer space. Its figure was blurry and hazy, as if it had been condensed from a mist of blood. It had no facial features but radiated an extremely cold and evil presence. As the presence spread out, the surrounding stars shook.

The blood-red figure produced a strange laugh. It was not true laugh, but a mental pulse. It then looked around at the surrounding space before strands of essence gathered from the surroundings. They were absorbed by the figure The essence seemed to be the life and vitality of this region, so once this region of space lost its life and vitality, it would wither away rapidly, like plants that had been killed.

The essence was not the only thing absorbed, but the origin energy that spread in all directions as well. If an Origin realm expert absorbed all the origin energy in the surroundings, their strength would definitely skyrocket. In fact, several Origin realm experts could break through, but it had all been absorbed by the blood-red figure, yet it failed to make the blood-red figure's strength increase at all.

The figure was just too powerful, so if it wanted to increase its strength, that origin energy was not enough.

With a strange laugh, the blood-red figure disappeared with a flash When it reappeared, it had already crossed a huge distance. It appeared above a planet as its body turned into a dense, red mist, which envelopes the planet. From afar, the planet seem to become red, shining with a demonic, red light.

Five minutes later, the blood-red mist assumed a humanoid figure once again. The planet had died off. Not only had the vegetation on the planet withered away, but all the vitality from the planet itself was also gone. The planet would never be able to produce life ever again.

The blood-red figure did not seem to devour the essence of the universe but the vitality of planets themselves. It was the bane of all planets with life, and wherever it passed by, it would enforce a dead silence.

The blood-red figure charged off to another planet with life to continue devouring them. As it devoured all life, its strength increased at a gradual rate. Although it was extremely slow, it was still extremely terrifying. If it was allowed to continue, the planets of the universe wouldn't be the only existence that would die. The entire universe would face death too.

If cultivators ever attempted to do what the evil presence was doing, they would be punished unless their strength had reached a level where they could go against the laws of the world. However, the blood-red figure did not suffer from this restriction for some special reasons.

Soon, several planets had died. If the planets had more time, they might have been able to develop to the point where they had life similar to the Tian Yuan Continent, but now, they had lost the ability to create life ever again. They were now unable to give birth to life anymore, let alone develop anything like the Tian Yuan Continent.

The blood-red figure seemed to sense something after absorbing the life of several planets. It suddenly turned its head to peer into the depths of space. There, it could sense the presence of life that was even denser than what he had absorbed from the previous planets. The presence of life was like delicious food to this figure, which behaved like a hungry beast, without any ability to hold back. As it continued to laugh strangely, it turned into a streak of red light and shot off, surpassing the speed of light.

The space before the figure seemed to fold up as ig flew, causing the red streak of light to blink forward every time it broke through a fold. It would cross an extremely vast distance in a single moment.

Jian Chen and the Spiritking each occupied half of the shattered moon as they recovered as quickly as they could. Even though the two of them were very heavily injured, they were recovering at an utterly astonishing rate. Jian Chen had his Chaotic Body and abilities as a Class 9 Radiant Saint Master while the Spiritking had extremely precious medicine.

At this moment, Jian Chen and the Spiritking snapped open their eyes at the same time. They firmly stared into the depths of space. Although they were unable to see anything, the evil power's presence was massive, so they could clearly sense it even from far away.

"It's heading over here!" Jian Chen sternly exclaimed. The milky white light in which he bathed became even denser as he spoke. He was using even more strands of Radiant Saint Force origin energy to heal.

The Spiritking was also grim. After a moment of hesitation, he took out another precious pill and consumed it so that he would be able to heal even faster.

The two of them understood that they did not have much time left. They needed to return to their peak conditions in the shortest amount of time possible.

In the forbidden grounds of the city lord's estate in Flame City, fairy Hao Yue also stared into the depths of outer space. She frowned slightly and began to ponder. She said, after some hesitation, "Is this presence the evil spirit mentioned in records? Legend has it that the evil spirit is formed from the filth and evilness in the world. Due to certain reasons, it only appears in lower worlds and is extremely rare, but whenever it does appear, it will cause a calamity for the lower world. It might even end up destroying countless numbers of them.

"Legend has it that countless years ago, an evil spirit wreaked havoc in lower worlds and devoured several tens of thousand of them. It grew to a point where it could threaten the Saints' World, which lead to several Grand Primes working together to kill it, but three of them died to the hands of the evil spirit while the other Grand Primes became heavily injured. In the end, the evil spirit caught the attention of the seven Grand Exalts of the Saints' World. The evil spirit was only slain when the Anatta Grand Prime personally moved.

"This evil spirit's strength is nowhere near the one from legend, but it's not weak either. Jian Chen and the Spiritking possess the battle prowess akin to early Godhood, but they're still not the evil spirit's enemy. This world's in danger..."

Chapter 1608: Impending Crisis

The evil spirit moved in the direction of the Tian Yuan Continent at full speed through the depths of space. The space in front of it seemed to fold up as it flew, causing the red streak of light to blink forward every time it broke through a fold. It would cross an extremely vast distance in a single moment.

Jian Chen and the Spiritking healed as quickly as they could. Their eyes were fixated on the depths of space as they carefully sensed the evil spirit's location. They were grim.

The evil spirit moved very quickly, but it was extremely far away from the Tian Yuan Continent. It would need some time if it wanted to arrive.

Six hours later, Jian Chen recovered from his wounds first and returned to peak condition. However, the Spiritking was not as quick as Jian Chen even after consuming two precious pills. He had only healed half his wounds.

The Spiritking looked at Jian Chen again when Jian Chen had completely healed. There was some uncontainable shock on his face. He knew that Jian Chen healed very quickly, but he had never thought Jian Chen would heal so fast. He had used six short hours to recover from such heavy wounds.

"Shan Jian, you heal too slowly. We don't have much time left, so I'll help you out." Jian Chen stood up and spoke from very far away. Afterward, he took a step into the air and walked over, arriving before the Spiritking in just a few steps. The origin energy of Class 9 Radiant Saint Force condensed in his hand before he slowly pressed it against the Spiritking's shoulder.

The Spiritking was cautious, but he did not turn down Jian Chen's good intentions. However, his caution did not decrease at all. Even when he was covered with the dense, gentle, milky-white light, he did not relax in the slightest.

The Spiritking could clearly feel that his wounds were actually healing much faster than with just the pills alone. This secretly shocked him. Only now did he really sense just how powerful Radiant Saint Force origin energy was. Although the power did not possess many offensive capabilities, its rate of healing was equivalent to consuming a divine pill.

The Spiritking made a full recovery very quickly with Jian Chen's assistance. It was also at this time that Jian Chen took out the God-slaying Formation scroll he had obtained in the foreign world from his Space Ring. He said, "Since this is called the God-slaying Formation, it must be something designed to kill gods. Shen Jian, you know this God-slaying Formation better than me. If you get all the Origin realm experts from the World of Forsaken Saints to work with all the Origin realm experts from my world, how much power can it display?"

The Spiritking looked at the scroll and said, "Since the God-slaying Formation is with you, Ouyang Yangwen must have used it against you. You should also understand the power of the formation. Although the formation can easily kill Godkings if all of its power is displayed, the strength it requires to kill a Godking incredible. Now that Ouyang Yangwen is dead, my world has lost a Reciprocity expert. Even if all the elders and protectors from my world work with your Origin realm experts, it'll probably be very difficult to reach the level of Godhood. The gap between the Origin realm and Godhood is extremely large and cannot be overcome so easily. We've only been able to achieve our stauses by comprehending the Way of the Sword."

"Looks like only the two of us can take part in this battle. No one else will be able to help," Jian Chen said gruffly. The upcoming battle was one that belonged to the realm of Godhood. Origin realm experts would not have the power to take part.

Triggering the power of the God-slaying Formation depended on cultivation and had nothing to do with battle prowess. Jian Chen and the Spiritking were both at Reciprocity in terms of cultivation, so if they activated the God-slaying Formation, the power demonstrated would roughly be the same as their regular battle prowess.

After a moment of silence, Jian Chen continued, "This is a crisis of the world. If we can make it through, our worlds will continue to thrive, but if we can't, then both our worlds will be completely annihilated. We've basically reached the end of the line now. We have to use everything we have in these desperate times. The God-slaying Formation may not be able to kill gods, but it might be of great use at a certain, crucial time."

The Spiritking could obviously understand what Jian Chen was saying. He wanted to get all the Origin realm experts of the two worlds and maybe even some Saint Emperors to use the God-slaying Formation. As this was related to the survival of the two worlds, the Spiritking obviously did not mind. He stood up and said, "You're right. I'll go to the World of Forsaken Saints to get all the elders and protectors. You can handle your Origin realm experts." With that, the Spiritking left, directly heading back to the World of Forsaken Saints.

Time was tight right now. They did not have much time left now, so they needed to get everything prepared as soon as possible.

Jian Chen also left, but he did not return to the Tian Yuan Continent. Instead, he went to the World of Forsaken Saints with the Spiritking because Shangguan Mu'er was still there.

When Jian Chen and the Spiritking passed through, Shangguan Mu'er was still fighting against the elders and protectors. They fought an extremely intense battle, causing the World Mountains to constantly tremble. The entire world had darkened from the fighting.

The simultaneous return of Jian Chen and the Spiritking stopped the battle very soon. Without saying much, Jian Chen immediately left the World of Forsaken Saints with Shangguan Mu'er.

"Jian Chen, how did your battle with the Spiritking go?" As they traveled through the tunnel, Shangguan Mu'er looked at Jian Chen in concern.

Jian Chen gently held Shangguan Mu'er hand in the tunnel. He grimly said, "We ended in a draw, but it's no longer about the battle against the foreign world anymore. The evil power in the Yinyang Saint Rock has broken free early and is currently heading toward the Tian Yuan Continent. We're currently facing an unprecedented crisis. I've struck an agreement with the Spiritking already. We will work together against the evil power."

Shangguan Mu'er's face suddenly changed. She was familiar with the evil power sealed in the Yinyang Saint Rock. No matter how much her strength had increased, she always felt chills whenever she was near it. This was still the case even though she was at the peak of mid Reciprocity right now.

Chapter 1609: Working Together

Jian Chen and Shangguan Mu'er returned to the Tian Yuan Continent. A deafening cheer came from the experts of the four races the moment they appeared. They did not know about the situation of the foreign world, nor did they know whether Jian Chen emerged victorious or not. However, they had seen just how intense their human sovereign had fought against the Spiritking. The shattered moon was the best evidence.

No one knew who ended up victorious in the fight between Jian Chen and the Spiritking, including the Origin realm experts, but they all knew that Jian Chen was now powerful enough to stand up to the Spiritking. Their Tian Yuan Continent had truly gained the power to keep the World of Forsaken Saints at bay.

Jian Chen extended his hands and made the crowd quiet down. He did not say much and only commanded all the Origin realm experts of the four races to gather in the supreme divine hall.

Jian Chen told all the Origin realm experts about the evil power, without hiding anything at all, in the supreme divine hall, causing the silence of death to sink in. All their joy and excitement had vanished in a single moment.

"We've also sensed the presence from deep outer space. I never thought it would be a crisis of the world," Feng Xiaotian said sternly.

"The power is very great. Even with my battle prowess at Godhood, I am not confident I can defeat it, so I've struck an alliance with the Spiritking to face it with the power of two worlds," Jian Chen said grimly as he slowly glanced at everyone.

The divine hall immediately fell silent. Everyone looked at each other. Many of them found this to mirror a drama. They had started out as mortal enemies with the World of Forsaken Saints, yet in the blink of an eye, they had to work together. The changes were so great that they would find it hard to adapt for some time.

However, most of them remained silence because of the impending crisis. The existence of the crisis would force the two worlds to temporarily put their differences aside and work together. They had to stand together, making it quite obvious just how terrifying the crisis was.

"Jian Chen, the fur of the Winged Tiger God contains a great secret. You can use it to comprehend Mo Tianyun's Way of Slaughter. It's just been a pity that we've tried comprehending it for years, yet no one's gained anything. Your talent is better than ours, so if you comprehend the Way of Slaughter, you should have a better chance against the evil power," said Houston. He also mentioned the shocking secret that maybe Mo Tianyun was the Winged Tiger God.

"Big brother, it's with me. I'll give it you you." Xiao Ling passed the white fur to Jian Chen.

Jian Chen accepted the white beast fur. As his soul entered it, his consciousness was immediately taken to the world within, experiencing the same thing that Houston and the others had gone through.

Jian Chen's consciousness slowly returned to him a while later. Even though what he saw inside surprised him slightly, he remained extremely calm. What surprised him was the Way of Slaughter that Mo Tianyun had left in the beast fur and not the possibility that Mo Tianyun was the Winged Tiger God.

Jian Chen had already stumbled across the possibility long ago. He had searched through a large number of records in the Changyang protector clan to understand Mo Tianyun. In the end, he slowly deduced that Mo Tianyun might have been the Winged Tiger God, except he could never prove it.

"No wonder Xiao Ling suddenly said that I had Mo Tianyun's presence when I first visited Mercenary City. I had not met Mo Tianyun back then and the only thing that was somewhat special was that white beast fur. The white beast fur bears Mo Tianyun's presence, which is why Xiao Ling had mistaken me and thought I possessed Mo Tianyun's presence," thought Jian Chen. Now, he really felt rather glad that he had taken the beast fur that had been passed down through the Bi family into Mercenary City back then. The beast fur was the reason he ended up meeting Xiao Ling.

"I went to Mercenary City again after adopting the white tiger and Xiao Ling said that Mo Tianyun's presence on me had become heavier. Looks like that was due to the white tiger. The white tiger's presence might be extremely similar to Mo Tianyun, or maybe exactly the same. After that, the white tiger slowly grew up and learned how to keep its presence concealed, so Xiao Ling was unable to sense anything when the white tiger was present before Xiao Ling. Even if she did sense it, she wouldn't have thought too much about it with her childlike mentality."

Through the secret hidden within the beast fur, Jian Chen was even more certain that Mo Tianyun was the Winged Tiger God. However, he also knew that no matter how certain he was, the truth could not be confirmed until there was evidence.

"Jian Chen, is it difficult for you to comprehend Mo Tianyun's Way of Slaughter?" Houston stared at Jian Chen. They, the Origin realm experts, would not be useful during this crisis. They all had to rely on Jian Chen, so they all wished that Jian Chen could become even more powerful at such a crucial time.

Jian Chen carefully folded up the beast fur and replied in a deep voice, "If you give me some time, I can comprehend the Way of Slaughter, but the evil power will descend on the Tian Yuan Continent very soon. There's not nearly enough time." Jian Chen sighed inside. He felt extremely helpless. His greatest trump card would be the Profound Sword Qi. He was confident that once he refined the first strand, his battle prowess would increase even more than if he comprehended the Way of Slaughter. Unfortunately, he just did not have the time. He did not even have the time to use a Comprehension Tea Leaf.

At this moment, violent energy suddenly spewed out from the tunnel connecting the two worlds. The tunnel suddenly began to tremble at that moment as well. Figures flickered in the depths of the tunnel as they slowly headed toward the Tian Yuan Continent.

"Oh now, the people from the World of Forsaken Saints are invading again."

"What! Those bastards are coming again? Hmph, do they really think that our Tian Yuan Continent is a public park and that they can come and go as they please?"

"What're you afraid of? Don't forget that we now have sovereign Jian Chen. Sovereign Jian Chen is no weaker than the Spiritking, so we don't need to fear the foreign world anymore."

The changes to the tunnel were discovered as soon as they happened. The experts of the four races gathered on the Tian Yuan Continent did not pale in fear as if they were facing an apocalypse. Instead, they were all brimming with high spirits. They showed no fear at all as they all roared with battle intent. They rapidly got into formation, ready to receive the unwelcome guests.

Very soon, all the people exited the tunnel and appeared in the Tian Yuan Continent. There were not many of them, only around forty, but every single one of them gave off a terrifying presence. The surroundings shook even though they were just standing.

The fighters in the surroundings all became stunned at this sight. Their faces all changed. All the people who had emerged were Origin realm experts.

"Quick, report to sovereign Jian Chen!"

Someone immediately exclaimed.

However, before he had finished speaking, Jian Chen and the Origin realm experts all emerged from the supreme divine hall. Their appearance immediately made the people of the four races let out a sigh of relief.

Chapter 1610: The Power of Two Worlds

Jian Chen's appearance filled the Sainthood experts with confidence after the several dozen Origin realm experts from the foreign world appeared. The people who had originally surrounded the foreign Origin realm experts all retreated behind Jian Chen as quickly as they could. They all understood that they would be of no help at all with their insignificant strength against Origin realm experts. Just the shockwaves of battle between Origin realm experts could injure them. At a time like this, they could only rely on the Origin realm experts on their side.

Many experts among the four races were eager for their human sovereign to engage in another great battle in outer space with the Spiritking because a battle at Godhood was just too fascinating for them, mere Sainthood experts. It would really benefit their future cultivation if they could witness such a great battle.

Unexpectedly, neither Jian Chen, the Spiritking, nor the Origin realm experts showed any hostility. From how it looked, none of them seemed to be planning to fight, which immediately filled everyone with doubt.

At this moment, the Spiritking took a step forward from the side of the World of Forsaken Saints. He appeared before Jian Chen like he had teleported and directly extended his hand. He said, "Give me the God-slaying Formation. The protectors and elders from my world have already comprehended it for some time now, so their understanding is far greater than the Origin realm experts of your world. I will let the protectors and elders take the lead in casting down the formation this time. Your Origin realm experts only need to contribute origin energy for support.

Jian Chen did not hesitate and passed the God-slaying Formation to the Spiritking. The formation was extremely precious, but personal gains would amount to nothing before a crisis of the world. If they could not make it through the crisis, the world would be reduced to nothing.

The Tian Yuan Continent and the World of Forsaken Saints had stopped fighting now and called a ceasefire. All of the Origin realm experts had to put aside their personal grievances and work together to comprehend the God-slaying Formation. All of them understood the severity of the matter.

There was an immediate uproar when the Sainthood experts learned about the ceasefire between the two worlds. Some people agreed with the decision while other people opposed it. Even though they did not directly express their thoughts, they displayed their resentment in their hearts through their gazes. Their family and friends had died to the hands of the foreign experts, so they obviously resented working together.

However, the people unhappy with the matter gradually accepted the reality of things when Jian Chen announced the crisis of the world and explained how severe it was.

The Origin realm experts of the two worlds appeared polite and peaceful on the surface as they comprehended the God-slaying Formation together, but they did not get along completely. Many of them still held grudges for one another. The elders and protectors on Ouyang Yangwen's side, in particular, all felt some resentment for this world, especially since they had been close to the elder Jian Chen had killed on the Tian Yuan Continent in the past. They dared not to find Jian Chen to resolve their anger, so they shifted it onto the other Origin realm experts from the Tian Yuan Continent. Even though they could not do anything due to the Spiritking's strict orders, they would make things difficult or make fun of the people from the Tian Yuan Continent whenever they had the chance as they comprehended the formation.

"We're working with you because of the crisis, not because we fear you. If you want to keep acting like that, don't blame me for ignoring the temporary truce and being merciless." Shangguan Mu'er walked over from afar. Her voice was very cold and bore icy killing intent. She was warning all the Origin realm experts from the foreign world. She did not take part in the comprehension of the God-slaying Formation since she was skilled with the zither, making her the bane of souls. She might be of more use by assisting on the side.

Shangguan Mu'er had fought against several dozen Origin realm experts all by herself, so the battle had cemented her prestige. All the elders and protectors from the other world shut up and fear flooded their eyes. The people who were making trouble all revealed different expressions and immediately stopped talking, behaving like mutes.

The Origin realm experts were immediately surprised by the sight of this. Their opinions of Shangguan Mu'er all changed.

At the same time, Saint Emperors constantly flew out from the tunnel connecting the two worlds. They all arrived on the Tian Yuan Continent with concealed presences, rapidly falling into place to create an extraordinarily powerful formations.

Soon afterward, the Sainthood experts from the Tian Yuan Continent also moved under Jian Chen's orders. They all stood in great formations in the sky and had brought out the seven ancestral artifacts from the protector clans as well. They were about to face an impending crisis, so both the Tian Yuan Continent and the World of Forsaken Saints had brought out everything they had. Although the formations from the Sainthood experts would not be of much use, neither world had a choice now. They could not let any power slide through their fingers, no matter how weak it was.

The supreme divine hall from Mercenary City hovered high in the sky, also ready for battle at any moment. However, the supreme divine hall was primarily defensive and the crisis required active offense, not defense, to destroy its source. As a result, the divine hall was unable to be of much use in the upcoming battle.

Pure defense was unable to solve the problem and maintaining the divine hall also required an extremely tremendous amount of energy. They would much rather use that power to deal with the crisis.

In just half a day, the Sainthood experts of the two worlds completed all preparations. They created countless formations in the sky, and even the several dozen Origin realm experts had gained a limited understanding of the God-slaying Formation, forming a solid line of defenses.

Jian Chen and the Spiritking sat in the air as well. They were at the front lines, currently conditioning themselves to their peak state and preparing for battle.

Jian Chen held the golden silkmail woven from Primordial Godsilk. He seemed to be in thought as he looked at it. He knew the Primordial Godsilk existed for the crisis, but it had not reacted at all now that the source of the crisis had appeared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 88 15
2 0 1
Sudden burst of life
2.6K 113 56