[COMPLETE] Purple Hearts (Con...

By midnightXcross

You've always had an interest in androids ever since you were a child. The very thought that technology could... More

Chapter 1: Detroit City Police Department
Chapter 2: You can't fix what's already broken
Chapter 3: Training
Chapter 4: Man or Machine?
Chapter 5: Human in Disguise
Chapter 6: Choosing Sides
Chapter 7: Blue Blood
Chapter 8: Unprogrammed Emotions
Chapter 9: A Second Chance
Chapter 10: The Deviant Within
Chapter 11: On The Run
Chapter 12: Jericho
Chapter 13: The Destined Human
Chapter 14: Saviour
Chapter 15: Jealousy
Update
Chapter 16: Tremors
Chapter 17: Explosives
Chapter 18: Rebuilding
Chapter 19: From Ashes
Chapter 20: Paper Flowers
Chapter 21: Tracked
Chapter 22: Station
Chapter 23: Ralph
Chapter 24: Belle-Isle
Chapter 25: Wanted
Chapter 26: Lavender
Chapter 27: Off White
Chapter 28: RK900
Chapter 29: Kamski
Chapter 30: Truth and Lies
Chapter 31: Ra9
Chapter 32: Glass
Chapter 33: Lieutenant Anderson
Chapter 34: Manipulation
Chapter 35: Fighting Back
Chapter 36: Gossip
Chapter 37: Acting
Chapter 38: Reunion
Chapter 39: Revival
Chapter 40: Reboot
Chapter 41: We are Alive
Chapter 42: Cruel Device
Chapter 43: Inside the Barricade
Chapter 44: Four Words
Chapter 45: More than Human
Chapter 46: Time
Chapter 47: 11/11
Chapter 48: Recollections
Chapter 49: Upgrade
Chapter 50: Endless Possibilities
*Author Note*

Epilogue: 3 Years Later

4.1K 181 175
By midnightXcross

DETROIT BECOME HUMAN - 3 YEARS LATER

---

If someone had told you how much your life would change in only three years, you wouldn't have believed them.

You had envisioned yourself in the future, the image of a perfect Cyberlife employee, creating androids and assisting in their functioning.

How wrong you were.

You didn't expect that you would get a job position at the Detroit City Police Department. You didn't expect that you would meet a police android. You didn't expect that you would fall in love.

Yet you did. And that love that was never supposed to be, a love between a human and an android, changed everything.

---

"[F/N]... [F/N]?"

You gasped awake, sitting up so quickly from your desk that you bumped your head on the shelf above it. You groaned slightly, gingerly touching the area you hit. You heard a high pitched giggle beside you.

"Good morning [F/N]!" Jade beamed at you. "You fell asleep at your desk again."

You gazed at Jade for a long moment. Although as an android, she couldn't 'age up', she looked a lot more mature now. The synthetic skin that showed on the left side of her scalp only added to her unique beauty. The rest of her hair was parted in gorgeous golden waves down her right shoulder. Her green eyes stood out as usual, seeming to glow slightly in the dim light. As she walked over to part the curtains, you also noticed how she was wearing her usual uniform, a plain white nurse dress.

"Chloe will be here soon too," You squinted from the bright light outside as Jade continued. "I checked over our schedule, and our first appointment is at 10:30AM."

You stood up from your chair, and a blanket that had been wrapped around your shoulders fell to the floor. You picked it up.

"You didn't have to do that Jade..." You smiled, gesturing to the blanket.

"I didn't," She replied, "Connor did."

"Connor did...?" You felt your lips turn into a smile, gazing down at the blanket in your hands. Jade giggled. "Your face is all red!"

You paced around the room, thinking about Connor. You had been 'officially' married for two years now, yet it still felt like yesterday when you thought about it. You could easily recall the moment when you wore your white wedding dress holding a bouquet of flowers in your hands. When you met Connor's gaze, it was as if the rest of the world faded away.

"Where is Connor?" You asked, turning to face Jade as she plonked herself into a cushiony chair in  the corner of the room, scrolling through the latest articles in the digital report.

"At the station," Jade replied, not looking up from her device. "He was here this morning, but you were sleeping, and he didn't want to wake you."

"Aw, he should've woken me up." You pouted slightly as you straightened the bed in the room.

What had previously been the front room to Hank's house, had now been converted to a medical office fit for androids. One side of the room had a few chairs, a bed in the middle, and a desk for you to sit at. The other side had a storage compartment filled with android limbs, biocomponents and tanks of spare thirium. It was like a doctors office and a mechanic combined into one.

After you had made your full recovery since the battle with the soldiers, you and Connor were unsure of where to go. Even combined, you had very little money, not enough to find a place to rent. Hank had offered to allow you both to stay at his house, refusing to accept anything you wanted to give him in return. His only request was that someone should take Sumo for walks, and Connor was happy to oblige.

Since that time, you had noticed some positive changes to Hank. He was no longer the 'hard-boiled' lieutenant you had met that first time at the Detroit City Police Department. You can imagine that if you had known his younger self, he would have resembled him more now. Hank had lost some weight, gaining it in slight muscle from his training with Nox. His grey hair was trimmed, and no longer hung in his eyes. The biggest change that you had noticed in Hank now however, was the fact that he smiled more.

"Hey, look who I found outside."

You heard Hank's voice and looked up. Hank stood in the doorway dressed in an old T-Shirt and slacks, his hand on Colin's shoulder. 'Colin' was the name of the RK900.

"Uncle Hank!!" Jade squealed throwing herself at Hank. Hank stumbled back in surprise.

"Woah kiddo, you're excited today." Hank laughed as Jade clung onto his side.

"I'm excited every day!!"

You smiled watching them together as Colin walked over. You still remembered the day he had received his name. After long thought, it was Hank who had come up with it. The name sounded similar to Connor's name, but it also reminded you of someone else's name. You wondered if it was Hank's intention to make it so close.

"Good morning [F/N]," He greeted.

"Morning Colin," You smiled. "Not at the police department today?" You noticed that he was still wearing his usual police officer uniform that he always wore, even on his off duty days.

"No, I was planning on it, but Detective Reed told me to take the day off," He shrugged slightly, "It's not fair. I have been programmed with all the necessary training and combat abilities, and yet he refuses to let me take on any of the missions." He shakes his head. "I wish he could trust me."

"I think he just cares about you too much," You replied. "He doesn't want you to get hurt."

"You think?" Colin looked slightly surprised and his LED flickered amber before turning blue again. "I suppose it is possible."

"Well you coming Colin?" Hank called and Colin straightened.

"Of course."

"Where are you going?" You asked as Colin walked over to Hank.

"To the supermarket. You want anything?"

"No, I'm good thanks," You replied, watching them leave.

"Well, you ready [F/N]?" Jade smiled at you. "Our first patient will be here soon."

---

Chloe arrived soon afterwards, and you began preparing for the first android of the day to arrive. To your surprise, the android that walked through the door was none other than Ralph, the android who had helped you all that time ago. The large gash across the left side of his face was now much more concealed, the burn marks on his body all healed. Now looking at him in the light of day, clean and wearing proper clothes, he was actually quite handsome.

Due to the trauma Ralph went through that caused his injuries, he had been recuperating in Detroit, and was beginning to learn how to smile again. He came to you for some work on his leg, that had been damaged slightly when he was taken to a recall center all those years ago.

"You really changed everything Ra9," Ralph said to you as you finished working on his leg. He always insisted on calling you that nickname. "Humans still scare me a little... but you know, I keep thinking how you're a human too. So maybe humans aren't all that bad after all."

As you continued to work as a doctor for androids, you met many androids who you had seen at Jericho, or androids who had been recovered from the warehouses in the past. You felt like you had finally found the line of work you had always wanted.

---

About a year after the new laws were created, scientists finished their studies on the thiriumdionisis, and the other untested drugs that Kamski had created. Officials were beginning to create new medicines, and they were having incredible affects on humans and androids.

Carl Manfred had originally wished for Markus to have ownership over his house, but due to the laws at the time, it was given to his son Leo instead, who had abandoned the house because he didn't want it. Now that those laws have changed, Markus found that he had rights to the house, and quickly moved in there with North, Simon and several other androids who wanted to remain with Markus.

Nox returned to his personal training days, assisting at the gyms and also in helping androids to walk again. Bec got a job in telecommunications. Nox, Bec and Jade managed to rent an apartment nearby Hank's house, and Jade visited you almost every day, training to become a medical android.

Connor was promoted to detective rank at the Detroit City Police Department, but continued to assist Lieutenant Anderson in missions. The truth was, even with the new laws, and the freedom of androids, there was still crime in the city and Connor was determined to assist in reducing it.

Every evening, you sat on the front steps of the house, waiting for Connor to return from work. When he pulled up in the familiar police car, you stood up, your usual smile beginning to spread across your face. He would pull you into his arms, kiss your forehead, and tell you how he wishes he could stop time when you are with him.

Today however, was different.

Today when he got out of the car, he was holding a bouquet of roses. You smiled in surprise, and laughed when a slightly embarrassed expression appeared on Connor's face.

"For you," He said, holding the bouquet in front of his face to hide his expression. You took the roses and leaned in to kiss Connor gently. He kissed you back, his flustered emotions beginning to fade away. He lingered for a long moment, before pulling away.

"They are beautiful Connor," You touched the rose petals gently. "But... what's the occasion?" Connor blinked in surprise.

"Didn't you know?"

"Know what?" You laughed.

"Well... today marks five years since the day we met. That's about 43,856 hours."

Now it was your turn to look surprised. "You seem to remember everything Connor."

"My virtual cerebrum stores all of my memories, from the moment of my creation," Connor replied, smiling at the look on your face.

"Well... tell me then, what would be your favourite memory?" You smiled as Connor took your hand and led you up the stairs.

"Out of all the memories I have gathered in my lifetime, from the date of my creation, my favourite memories are the ones that start with you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 1.2K 20
Her brother and she had a vision. A vision where people would have the power to create life. Machines that would change the world. They both knew tha...
149K 2.5K 12
As of now, this book is either ended, or discontinued. Either way, I may continue in the future, seeing as I love this game and I am inspired fairly...
140K 4.5K 23
Y/n Anderson is her name. Charming and overall a friendly personality, she's the embodiment of the phrase "doing great". Or at least that's what she...
1.7K 19 10
You're a party girl. Plain and simple. Your life is pretty good to you. You go out almost every night that you're available and when you don't you st...