Taming the Beast

By CaylahWest

Keegan Porter. The new kid in school. Mysterious, dangerous, and full of secrets. Caroline Holloway. T... More

Taming the Beast
1- Chance Encounter
2- Miscommunication
3- Jealousy at It's Best
4- Party Harder
5- Well That's One Way to Douse a Fire
6- Not All Wounds Heal
7- Definitely Not the Brady Bunch
8- Too Fragile Freak Out
9- A Wolfie Encounter
10- Testing the Waters
11- Marks and Scars
12- Poisoned By Love
13- Night of Firsts
14- He's Not a Pet, He's My Protector
16- Don't Go Changing For Me
17- So Far From Over
18- Pretending and Playing Games
19- I Can Save Myself
20- Going to Be Okay
21- Oh Baby
22- Reunited
23- Goodbye
24- Hello

15- One New Kid Per Person

1.5K 62 3
By CaylahWest

(Caroline's POV)

I wasn't as sore as the first time, but I was still sore. The guys were waiting in the living room. Aiden was standing by the door shifting uncomfortably. I watched them confused.

"Ready to go," Aiden said quickly. I nodded slowly as I examined everyone's faces. Nick had a smug expression as he looked at his watch.

"Two hours and 35 minutes. Was it just a quickie this time?" Nick asked as everyone burst out laughing except Aiden.

"We could hear your screams from the clearing," Asher laughed. I shot them a glare as my cheeks turned bright red.

"I can't wait for one of you to get a mate so I can tease y'all. You guys are jerks," I muttered. They only laughed harder. My glare turned into a smirk as I slowly made my way to the door. "At least I'm having mind-blowing sex and not just wishing I could," I retorted. They all stopped laughing and glared at me. It was working.

"What's your point?" Nick spat. I smiled sweetly and shrugged.

"Just that I'm having a hard time walking while you guys play videogames all day. That's all I'm saying," I said indifferently as I smiled. Nick was fuming as he stood quickly.

"Hey, I hook up almost every weekend," Nick said, trying to defend his manhood. I smiled and walked over to pat his shoulder.

"Sorry Nick, you're hand doesn't count," I said before walking back to the door. Nick's face turned red as he glared at the ground with his arms crossed. He was mumbling something under his breath. The other guys' eyes went wide as they looked at me with a mixture of shock and amusement. They laughed.

"Holy shit... I like post-sex Caroline. She's funny," Trevor smirked at me. I did a curtsy and laughed.

"Bye guys," I laughed before I pulled Aiden out the door and to the car. His cheeks were red and he was quiet as I drove us to my house. I got out and led Aiden inside. "Danny!" I yelled, closing the door behind Aiden. Aiden looked around before his eyes landed on my brother and widened in shock. Danny was dressed for work in his police uniform. Danny looked at Aiden curiously.

"Care to explain Caroline?" he asked. I smiled and pulled Aiden forward a little.

"Danny, this is Aiden. Aiden, this is my brother Danny. Is it okay if he stays in the guest room for a while?" I asked him. Danny eyed Aiden warily before he looked at me again.

"What happened to Keegan? I thought you guys worked everything out and were going steady again," Danny asked/whined. I laughed and shook my head. I didn't forget about my brother's budding bromance with my boyfriend.

"No, Danny, not like that! Me and Keegan are still together and going strong. Aiden is... Aiden is a friend of ours and his parents kicked him out so he needs a place to stay for a while until we can figure something out," I lied easily. Danny's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Why did they kick you out?" Danny asked. Aiden sighed quietly as a sad look came over his face.

"I refused to take over the family business. My parents didn't like that so much, so they kicked me out and started training my twin brother for the job," he said easily. Danny made a small 'o' noise before an awkward silence fell over us. Finally, Danny sighed as his hands went to his hips.

"You know, Care, sometimes I think I let you have your way too much," Danny gave in. I smiled and rushed forward to peck his cheek. He grumbled before he gave me a look that meant business. "I'm going to work now. I won't be back by the time you guys leave for school. Preston is asleep already, so try not to wake him. Take him over to Mrs. Piggens' house in the morning before you leave. He shouldn't give you too much trouble," Danny said. I nodded as I soaked in everything he said. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"You know, I have taken care of Preston before without you," I pointed out. He smiled and shrugged.

"He's my son, Care. I'm going to worry," he said before he said goodbye and was out the door. I grabbed Aiden's wrist and pulled him up the stairs. I showed him where the guest room and bathroom was before I dragged him into my room. We sat on my bed criss cross facing each other as I held a pillow against my chest. He looked like he was deep in thought.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked quietly as I watched him. He sighed as his eyes finally flickered to me.

"You're lie was actually spot on," he answered. I looked at him confused. What lie was he talking about? He saw my face and shook his head as he looked at his hands resting in his lap. "My dad actually did kick me out. He's Alpha of the Grey Moon pack. When I turned 16, he tried to send me off for my Alpha training because he was getting weaker. I didn't want to be Alpha. I didn't want to be in charge of all those people. I didn't want to do it. He got really mad when I didn't accept the mate he chose for me and told him that I wasn't going to Alpha training. He was so mad that he kicked me out. I've been a rogue ever since, and now my twin brother is next in line to take over. That was years ago though," he explained. My eyes widened in shock.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I didn't know," I stuttered. He chuckled.

"It's okay. I'm over it and I've learned to live with it. My dad was an asshole anyway, and my mother never tried to stop him," he shrugged it off. He looked around my room.

"What about your parents?" he asked. My eyes lowered to my lap as I tried to ignore the pang in my chest from the question.

"T-They died two years ago in a car accident. The car went into the water. I was in it too, but my dad pushed me out before I drowned too," I explained softly.

"I'm so sorry," he said quickly. I shook my head.

"I-It's okay," I replied before I yawned. Aiden stood quickly.

"Well, goodnight Caroline," he said as he headed to the door. He paused and looked back at me. "And thanks... for everything," he added with a small smile before he left, closing my door behind him. I sighed and curled up under the covers. I was exhausted. Sleep came to me easily.

~

After dropping Preston off at Mrs. Piggens, Aiden and I drove to school. We grabbed Aiden a schedule from the main office before we went to find our lockers. His was right beside mine. I still don't know how Keegan managed to convince the office to let him attend with no papers or anything. Walking through the main hallway was really awkward. It was like Aiden and I both had a giant neon side above our heads that screamed 'look at us!' while rotated with flashing. Girls were eyeing Aiden like he was a chocolate bar and they were on their period. The guys were looking at him like he'd just landed from Mars and they didn't know how to feel about it yet.

Aiden seemed uncomfortable under their stares. His cheeks had a light pink tint to them as he subconsciously moved closer to me. We finally reached our lockers. I opened mine before I finally took a good look at his schedule. It mirrored mine exactly. Somehow, I knew Keegan was behind that. He was trying to keep me protected. I know he wouldn't say so, but the stranger who tried to kill me in the woods put him on his toes. I chuckled and shook my head before I handed the schedule back to a nervous-looking Aiden.

"We have all the same classes," I informed him. He seemed to relax tremendously.

"Why is everyone staring at me?" he practically whispered, leaning closer to me. I chuckled and shrugged, pulling out my necessary books.

"Because you're hot," I laughed quietly. His eyes bugged at that which only made me laugh harder. "Aiden, you're practically man-candy to girls here," I shrugged. He looked at me curiously.

"But not you?" he asked. My lips pursued together in a tight indifferent smile.

"I don't see you in that way. I see you as a friend. I'm in love with Keegan. He's my mate," I said. He nodded and smiled.

"At least I can count on that," he said, bumping my shoulder lightly. I laughed and shook my head at him. He filled his locker and stuffed his bag in there too. He leaned against the lockers and smiled at me. "You're refreshing," he said. Before I could ask what he meant by that, I felt someone push me back before standing in front of me. I was now staring at dark brown curls and sandy blonde hair up in a ponytail.

"Hi," one of the girls said seductively. I moved around them to see Aiden send a quick glare to the floor before he looked at me. I shook my head and mouthed 'no'. He understood immediately and looked at the girls indifferently.

"Hi," he greeted back. They smiled and I went to stand beside Aiden. They completely ignored me... which was reasonable. They were here to hit on Aiden after all.

"I'm Carly and this is my friend. Amber," the girl with the sandy blonde hair said. Aiden gave them a polite smile.

"I'm Aiden," he said back. Their smiles widened.

"You must be new. We haven't seen you around before. Where are you from?" they asked. That was a good question. I looked at Aiden expectantly. He glanced at me out of the corner of his eye before he smirked at my curiosity.

"West Virginia," he answered.

"Well, welcome to Belford High School, and South Carolina. Here's my number if you ever need any help with where to go," she said, handing him a slip of paper. Her eyes flickered to me. "Or who to hang out with," she added. The comment was clearly meant for me and I knew it, but I couldn't bring myself to react. I just stared at them. I felt Aiden's hand slip around my waist as he pulled me in front of him so his chest was against my back. He rested his chin against my shoulder and smiled.

"Will do," he said knowingly. He wasn't going to call them. They both glared at me.

"You got the last new kid!" the brunette named Amber said. I only shrugged as I found myself smiling. They muttered something under their breath before they spun on their heels and walked away. I laughed as Aiden let go of me. I turned to look at him to see him smiling smugly. I sobered up a little and looped my arm with his. I was still smiling like an idiot as I started dragging Aiden in the direction of our first class.

"This is great! It's like having a gay best friend," I said. I was extra giddy today. Aiden scrunched up his nose as he looked at me.

"I'm not gay, he pointed out calmly. I laughed and shrugged.

"I know, but you're not interested in hooking up with girls or finding a mate, so I don't have to worry about bitches being personally mad that we're friends," I tried to explain. He chuckled.

"It looks like they'll still be mad," he said, referring to Carly and Amber. My smile widened as I added a little bounce I my step.

"Yes, but you're on my side," I countered as we reached the classroom. He laughed but didn't argue. He knew I was right.

~

The day was going great. I had Aiden in every single one of my classes and I loved it. We joked around, laughed, got in trouble a few times, and I got to know more about Aiden. I dragged him to the lunch table after our fourth period ended. Keegan and the guys were already sitting there with John, Stacy, and Mariana. My friends eyes Aiden in shock. I forgot they didn't know. It'd been a while since we've hung out outside of school and volleyball. I sat next to Keegan and Aiden sat on my other side. I smiled and leaned over to peck him lightly. He pulled me closer and made the kiss longer than I intended. I pulled away laughing. Keegan sat sideways, straddling the bench. He slung an arm around my waist and slid a container in front of me.

"My mom packed you a lunch," he explained. My eyes lit up as I opened the container eagerly to find smoked salmon, spring rolls, and broccoli. I picked up a fork and dug in, going for the salmon first. "How did your morning go?" he asked. I smiled and swallowed the bite.

"Interesting," was all I said, not taking my eyes off of my delicious food. I took another bite and chewed before I swallowed. "Apparently, there's only one new guy per person," I chuckled. Keegan raised an eyebrow in amusement with a light smile playing on his lips.

"And apparently you have two?" Gregg chuckled. I shrugged. I set my fork down and turned to pinch Aiden's cheek.

"Poor Aiden got hit on by so many girls today. He had to use me as a defense," I said in a baby voice. He pulled my hand off of his face and laughed.

"Stop that," he laughed. I heard Stacy clear her throat. She looked at me expectantly. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Stacy, Mariana, John, this is Aiden. Aiden, these are my beyond normal friends," I said jokingly.

"Beyond normal best friends," Stacy clarified. I laughed and leaned back into Keegan's chest. His arm went over my shoulders as he kissed my cheek.

"You guys are so cute!" Mariana blurted with a huge grin on her face. Stacy took a closer look at me. I smiled and shrugged.

"Wait a minute..." Stacy said while squinting her eyes. I watched her slightly amused by her serious demeanor. "That drunkenly happy look, the glow... ohmygoshyouguystotallyhadsex!" She screeched. My cheeks reddened and I stared at the table as everyone else laughed.

"Okay, Stacy, what's your point?" I asked, slightly embarrassed. Keegan's hand brushed over my side where his mark was. I shuddered involuntarily and my eyes closed to slits as I let out a sigh. Keegan chuckled in my ear, making my snap my eyes open and lean away from him.

"I hate you," I scowled at him. He only smiled at me smugly.

"You love me," he grinned. I smirked at him.

Two could play this game.

I leaned closer to him and ran my hand up his thigh. His breathing hitched as his eyes flickered to me. I raised an eyebrow at him as I inched my hand closer to his hip slowly. As soon as my hand lightly squeezed the bulge in his pants, I nipped at his ear, making him groan loudly as his eyes closed. I laughed and sat up straight again. His eyes flickered to me and I saw that they were bright gold. I knew what that meant by now. He scowled at me. Everyone laughed before everyone engaged in conversations again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 33.1K 54
Deidre -Dee- Johson has had a rough life. A mother who is a drunk, a father who ditched out on her and her brother and sister, and a boyfriend who su...
275K 9.2K 63
Cover: @PhoenixKing98 Excerpt- "'We can't... I can't." His eyes darkened even with my encouraging words and calm manner. He jerked my hand away...
697 32 13
Lanie Bythesea has attended St. Ailbe Catholic High for the past two years. Now in her Junior year, Lanie is excited to almost be done with high scho...
223K 5.4K 27
Kat is known for being rough around the edges, but no one knows why. No one but her best friend, Blake. At the age of only seven, her dad died tragi...