Mental Love

By JJM112

When Rex first meets Emmet, he couldn't help but grow feelings for him. And when he invited him onto the ship... More

Chapter one...Heartbreak
Chapter two...Meetings
Chapter Three...where are we?
Chapter four...The Systar System
Chapter Five...Who the hell are you?!
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten...The Queen

Chapter six

1.5K 38 13
By JJM112

3rd Person Pov

Rex couldn't sleep. Past memories clouded his mind. All of his friends abandoning him...Lucy leaving him for another guy. They all living happy lives without him. He chuckled as he remembered the look Lucy gave him when he finally returned to her. The look of horror on her face as he beat her boyfriend to a bloody pulp. Then calling him a monster. He shook his head and slid off his bed and looked down at his watch.

"3:00 in the morning huh?"

He frowned and walked out of his room with a towel thrown over his shoulder. He placed on his slippers and opened his door coming face to face with Emmet's door. The events from yesterday replayed in his mind.

"I overheard my ex-girlfriend talking about me. She...wasn't saying nice things about me either."

He frowned and walked towards Emmet's door and slowly opened it seeing Emmet sleeping soundly In his bed, wrapped around in those soft dark purple covers. He frowned and walked inside, quietly shutting the door behind him.

"I...she..." he took a deep breath and rubbed his eyes. "She talked about how childish I was, she didn't like my goofy ways or how I really didn't care for this apocalypse-berg thing that was going on. But truth be told...I was scared."

Rex walked forward until he was next to the smaller males bed. He gently rose his hand and slowly brought it to the sleeping male's head. Emmet twitched almost making Rex pull back his hand. But Emmet seemed to calm down and moved his head so his cheek laid on the palm of Rex's hand. He smiled and bent down on his knees. He didn't know why but things were different in this universe. He seen that Emmet was hurting in this universe and he didn't like it. Not one bit. He looked towards the male sadly and moved his other hand so it petted Emmet's hair.

Birds flying high
You know how I feel
Sun in the sky
You know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by
You know how I feel

He frowned and looked at Emmet. "That bitch is never going to hurt you again. I'll make sure of it, Emmet." He then chuckled and smiled towards the male. "You can finally be free, free from her, free from your friends! Free from this apocalypse-burg. And you can be free with me. He slowly moved his hands and stood up.

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling

He looked towards Emmet. A wicked smile formed onto his lips. His dark blue eyes held mischievous glint in them.

good
I'm feeling good
Fish in the sea
You know how I feel
River running free
You know how I feel

He sat down on the edge of the bed and placed his hand on Emmet's leg, slowly rubbing it with his thumb.

Blossom on a tree
You know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me

And I'm feeling good

He smiled and closed his eyes. He could picture it now, just him and Emmet alone. With no one that could hurt them. They would go on adventures together, party together, do stuff behind closed doors. Oh, he loved that idea very much.

Dragonfly out in the sun!
you know what I mean, don't you know?
Butterflies all havin' fun! you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done, that's what I mean
And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
For me
For me

He looked back towards Emmet and smiled softly at him. He looked so peaceful,

Stars when you shine
You know how I feel
Scent of the pine
You know how I feel
Oh, freedom is mine
And I know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life

He brought his head up and gently kissed his forehead before standing up and walking back towards the door grabbing the door handle, but before he opened the door, he gave him one last final look because as soon as he walks out. Things will never be the same again. He nodded to himself and turned the knob and walked out quietly shutting the door behind him.

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
It's a new life
For me

And I'm feeling good
I'm feeling good
I'm feeling so good
I feel so good

Time-Skip

Emmet awoke from his deep slumber and sat up to stretch. He smiled and walked into the bathroom, took a much needed hot shower, brushed his teeth, did his hair, and walked out of the bathroom. He smiled and made sure his hair was perfect. Before he walked out of the room. He wanted to look extra special today, he wanted to look really special for Rex today. But then he paused and looked at himself in the mirror.

Does Rex even like guys?

Would he even like me?

Emmet looked down at his belly and frowned placing his hands onto it. "He probably dates skinny people all the time...maybe I'm too different from his tastes." He frowned and looked back at the mirror picturing Rex behind him with his arms wrapped around his waist. He smiled and shook his head. "That's not going to be true anytime soon...but it's a nice scenario." He quickly finishes up in the bathroom and walked out and rewords the door, slipping on black converse- wait black converse? He rose an eyebrow and looked towards the side seeing a note on the floor. He quickly picked it up and unfolded it.

'Mornin Emmet,

I see you didn't like those boots that much, and your brown shoes are dirty so I came in and gave you some new shoes of mine. I hope you like em' meet me in the cafe when you're ready.

-Rex

Emmet looked at the paper blankly for a second before blushing and hugging the note close to his chest. He smiled and tied his shoes before opening the door and walking out. He immediately stood up and left his bedroom making sure to shut the door behind him. He made his way down the hall getting a few whistles from here and there.

'They couldn't be whistling at me could they?'

He shook his head and pushed open the cafe doors and quickly spotted Rex sitting at a table by himself. In one hand held a hot cup of coffee. In the other, a peach-colored folder that held a whole bunch of papers. Emmet smiled and quickly grabbed his breakfast from the bar and made his way over towards the table. He opened his mouth about to say something but someone ran past him and took the seat before him.

"Captian! I have something important to tell you about the mission." Emmet frowned, his shoulders fell as he made his way to another table where he sat by himself. He sighed and grabbed the ketchup and poured it over his eggs.

Rex's Pov

I watched him the very moment he walked inside the cafe. I didn't want to be too noticeable so I decided to look through a file one of the soldiers that I met up with this morning gave me. I smirked and watched out of the corner of my eye seeing him fix his plate and start making his way over. I smile placing the folder down and laid my head on my hand. But that smile didn't last, one of my soldiers ran past him and took the seat before he could. I frowned and watched as Emmet looked down sadly and made his way to a different table. I sigh and looked towards the blonde male in frustration.

"What is it Tomas?" He smiled and handed me a dark grey folder. I grab it and start to look through it.

"Captian! I have something important to tell you about the mission." I nod for him to continue. "Well, one of our soldiers that is undercover in Queen Whatever-Wanabi's castle told us that she will be getting married to and get this...BATMAN! I mean come on! The most powerful queen in the world getting married to a superhero with no powers? You would think she would go for Superman." I nod as I look through the pictures of Batman and Queen Whatevera being all mushy and holding hands and stuff like that.

"Good work soldier, report back to me if you find anything else." He smiled and nodded before getting up and running away. I sigh and look over at Emmet seeing him pick at his food sadly. I smirk and shake my head and grab the two folders and my coffee before getting up and walking over towards his table. "Hey, is this seat taken?" I see him jump and look up at me before blushing.

"Ah, n-no! go ahead." I smile and sit down and start to sip my coffee.

"So...what was that about?" I looked up and frowned.

"Nothing really we were just getting info on our target." Emmet cocked his head to the sighed in confusion which made me blush. It was adorable.

"Our...Target?" I nodded and took another sip of my coffee.

"Yes, there's someone we've been following...I'm pretty sure she has your friends. I watched as he gasped and slid his tray to the side.

"I-I need to go help them! They didn't deserve to get captured." I nodded and took another sip of my dark coffee.

"Well kid I'll help you...but not without something in return." Emmet rose and eyebrow and tilted his head to the side.

"B-But I don't have anything." I look towards him and smirk, don't worry kid." I look him up and down. "You'll think of something, But for now let's go gear up and leave." He nodded and we both stood up and walked out of the cafe, leaving our trash behind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42 1 11
{{ my best online friend Kimmi has been asking endlessly for an AmazingPhil fanfic from me, because she sadly cannot get Wattpad for unknown reasons...
111 15 12
Ever since Lucy Heartfilia had joined Fairy tail and started going on Missions with Natsu and Happy, some weird feeling started filling his heart. It...
135K 2.1K 56
WARNING My first fanfiction 🍋May have some lemons.🍋 Lucy is a girl who has been a "nerd" all her life. She is very kind and...
267K 9.8K 18
My dad kept on telling me that being a nerd isn't a bad thing and that I'm on the right track but I'm positive that being terrorized in the halls dai...