Perfect Fate ✔

By fanoshkaflippo

Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling i... More

Prologue
1. Captivated
2. Something I Had Never Felt Before
3. Unusual Heartache
4. Let Me Take You Home
5. Inches Away
6. Like Never Before
7. Tomorrow I'll Make It Right
8. Thank You, I'm Sorry and Goodbye
9. I Promise You and I
10. A Way Around
11. Against All Odds
12. Fate Has a Sense of Humor
13. Butterflies, Fly Away
14. Work Related
15. Passing Time
16. Not Again
17. Not Just Yet
18. So Close
19. A Little Taste
20. Good Gone Bad
21. Both Feet In
22. Question Everything
23. Over and Over
24. Perfection
25. The Right Thing To Do
26. Intimacy
27. Publicly
28. Sleeping With The Enemy
29. Fight For Me
30. Come and Get Me
31. Too Late For Promises
32. Trying Hard
33. No Matter What
34. I Remember
35. Spare A Life
36. Make This Right
37. I Won't Let Go
38. Adorably Back
39. ** Give Me More **
40. First and Last
41. Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover
42. Everything To Me
43. Earning His Trust
44. ** No Life Without You**
45. Hundred Percent Positive
46. Falling For The First Time
47. Gone
48. ** Stay Here Forever **
49. A Love Like No Other
50. Matching Words of Love
51. ** A Few Days **
53. A Mere Coincidence
54. Long Gone Love
55. A Terrible Mistake
56. Worth It
57. ** A Real Man **
58. A Chance At Happiness
59. A Perfect Plan
60. Alive
61. Tonight
62. Not Like This
63. No Life Without You
64. Out Of Love
65. My Perfect Fate
Love Again
Colton's Miracle
The Good Within
A Second Chance

52. Not The Drake We Know

67.7K 2.5K 604
By fanoshkaflippo

Him...

"For the hundredth time, Dean. I'm not pregnant." She rolled her eyes at me as I held the women's doctor's clinic's door open..

How you made it this far, and actually be considered really successful is beyond me. For the last time, that is not what it's called. Just google it if you're totally clueless!

"Is the frown on your face because I'm positive that I'm not pregnant, or are you talking to yourself like I usually do when I look like that?" She lifted a finger and pointed at my confused expression before I shook it off.

"I mean, would it really be that bad if you're pregnant?" I asked the really important question as we walked to the receptionist.

"No, of course not, baby. I just don't want us to jump the gun here, okay?" She shrugged, straightening the blue dress I helped her wear earlier, trying not to show that she was a bit worried.

How she repeatedly insisted that she's not pregnant, and how badly she didn't want to come here are both signs that maybe she doesn't want to be pregnant. That might sting a little since I want nothing more than to have a child with her, yet I totally understand if she's not ready to be a mother.

The only thing that worries me, is what if she's already on her way to being one? What if she is actually pregnant? How badly will she freak out? Would she want to get an abortion? Would she be freaking out to the point of running away?

I can honestly not tell.

"Well, let's see, shall we? Don't worry, okay? It's all going to be alright." I gave her a kiss on the forehead that she reciprocated with a smile before turning to the woman sitting at the desk.

"Good morning, my name is Emma Stinson, I called earlier for an appointment." She smiled beautifully.

"Hold on just a moment, please." The woman ruffled through the papers on front of her before looking back up at Emma, "Dr. Susan will see you shortly, in room number two on the right. Please have a seat in the waiting area for just a couple of minutes." She ended with a smile.

"Alright, thank you." Emma held my hand and we headed to the waiting area. A few pregnant women were sitting impatiently waiting for their turns. We headed to the only two seats left, next to a woman sitting anxiously with a little boy, resting her bag on one of the two empty chairs.

"Excuse me, may I?" Emma pointed at her bag politely.

"Oh, of course, I'm sorry." The brown haired woman took smiled instantly and took her bag to set it next to her son.

"At least you're not the only male in the room." Emma whispered, with a giggle.

"Actually, I'm not at all uncomfortable." I shrugged, smirking.

"Of course you're not, Dean." She rolled her bug blue eyes at me, "why on earth would you be uncomfortable in the presence of at least ten woman around you?" She gave me a fake smile.

Weren't we just messing around..?

Hormones, man..

She's definitely pregnant.

"What I meant, baby, was that I am totally comfortable sitting here with you by my side. Or anywhere else all the same, no matter the company we have, as long as you're right next to me." I gave her hand a kiss.

"Oh.." she smiled sweetly.

Nicely done.

"Mrs. Stinson, Dr. Susan will see you now in room two." A nurse's voice interrupted us.

"Thank you." We both got up when Emma stopped me.

"Wait for me here." She said.

"Why?" I frowned.

"I just, I want to do this alone. Just wait for me here, please. I'll be more comfortable that way." She shrugged.

Guess she doesn't need to hear you nagging about her being pregnant anymore.

"Alright, whatever you wish. I'll be right here." I gave her forehead a quick kiss before she walked off.

"But mommy, I'm bored." I heard the little boy's voice.

"I know, baby. I won't be long, I promise. Just like the last time, wasn't I quick then?" His mother spoke softly to him.

"Yes." The boy nodded, his curly short hair moving around as he did.

"I promise I will be this time too, and once I'm done we'll go for ice cream as you requested, my prince." She gave him a kiss on his forehead.

"Mrs. Hastings. Dr. Marry is waiting for you in room four." The same nurse told the mother of the little boy.

"Alright," She turned to her son, "you know the drill, baby, right?" She held his hands.

"Yes, mommy. I will not talk to anyone, I will not move or get out of this chair until you come back." The boy replied.

"And if anyone came to talk to you, don't reply. Just stay silent until I come back, okay? I'll be right back, baby, don't go anywhere." She gave him a quick kiss on his forehead before taking her bag and walking towards the room.

He sat up straight, took out a candy bar from his pocket and started eating it, wiggling his short legs in the air.

He's adorable.

"Hey, man." I leaned a bit in his direction. He looked at me and stopped chewing for a second then looked back in front of him silently.

"How old are you?" I asked but he didn't bother to look my way again.

At least he does listen to his mother. He must be around 4 or 5 years old, not older.

"Did you notice that we are the only men in this clinic?" I pushed further yet he only continued to eat his candy.

"I know you shouldn't be talking to me, but I'm just nervous. My lady might be pregnant." I smiled when he looked my way and blinked with his big hazel brown eyes, debating whether to talk to me or not. He decided against it and looked back at his candy, so I decided to leave the poor kid alone. Five more minutes and Emma came out.

"Hey, baby, how was it?" I instantly got up and held her hands in mine.

"Still nothing for sure. She said that even if I was pregnant it wouldn't show this fast. I won't say I told you so." She poked my chest with a finger.

"Then why are you so tired and nauseous most of the time?" I furrowed my eyebrows as we sat down again.

"Don't know yet. She took a blood sample and made me pee in a cup, but she told me not to get my hopes up because it takes a few days and sometimesup to a week before the pregnancyhormone shows in the blood." She pouted adorably, making me chuckle.

"I guess we'll know soon enough now." I leaned in to give her a soft kiss when I heard the little boy beside us softly start crying. We both turned his way to see him rubbing his wet eyes and trying to stop making noise.

"Oh, baby, what's wrong?" Emma instantly got up and crouched in front of the kid.

"His mother told him not to talk to strangers. I don't think he'll tell us." I crouched next to her, and put one hand on the boy's knee.

"Are you in pain? Is something hurting you?" She asked, putting a hand on his other knee and he finally shook head, not taking his tiny hands off his eyes.

"Then what is it? Are you hungry? Do you want me to fetch you something to eat real fast?" I asked.

"I'm not allowed to talk to you, mommy will get mad. I made her a promise." He cried even harder.

"Where is his mother?" Emma asked me, her eyes full of worry over the little boy.

"In one of these rooms. She told him to wait for her." I shrugged.

"Honey," Emma held his hands in hers, exposing his swollen eyes. "Don't worry about your mom; I will deal with her. She won't be mad at you, I promise. Now can you please tell us what's the matter?" She asked his softly and I decided that she would definitely make a great mom.

"I-I am- I r-really want to-" he said between hiccups before full on crying again.

"Hey, man. Calm down. Don't tell her, tell me. We're both men. We understand each other." I tried convincing him. She gave me a look and I chuckled.

The boy took a deep breath, calming himself down before leaning in to me. I leaned in as well to give him my ear.

"I really want to pee." He whispered in a shaky voice.

"Oh, that's all? No need to cry, then, come on." I stood up and so did Emma.

"What is it?" She asked me, still worried.

"He wants to use the men's room." I smiled. "We will be right back. You wait here for his mother in case she comes out." I gave her a quick peck, while the little boy got down from the chair.

"Eww. Kissing." He made a face and I laughed.

"Sorry, kid. Come on." I held his tiny hand in mine and headed to the men's room.

Her...

A new thing we learned today: Dean is adorable with children. Could he be more perfect for me?

I took back a seat, waiting for either them or the mother when i3 saw a worried woman rush her way to me.

"Where's my son? Have you seen him? He was just sitting right here? Where did he go?!" She worriedly started looking around, moving her long brown hair with her.

"Don't worry, don't worry. My boyfriend just took him to the men's room. He was crying and when we asked him what was wrong he refused to reply at first. He was afraid you would be mad at him for breaking his promise. He only told us what's wrong when I promised him you won't get mad at him, so please don't." I explained and she took a calming breath resting her hand on her chest in relief.

She looks young, around my age or maybe a little older. She's wearing a beautiful light yellow dress with brown sandals that match her purse, a simple star shaped necklace and the earrings to match. She's beautiful.

"Come on, let's go wait for them by the door." I suggested and we did.

"I'm sorry if he was a tiresome. I just can't take him in with me to the doctor; I'm sure you understand why." She smiled shyly.

Yeah, getting undressed and spreading legs open and all that.

"Not at all, actually. You have a great kid. He's adorable and so polite and cute." I grinned as we waited for them to get out.

"Thank you. Well, are you expecting?" She waved a hand towards my stomach.

"Still too soon to tell, so I don't know." I shrugged, "But I don't feel like I am. I always thought that when I get pregnant I will be the first one to tell, you know? That I will feel it. And I don't yet. I don't even know if I'm ready." I rested my hand on my stomach, trying to feel if I was truly pregnant.

"Doesn't always work like that." She shook her head.

"No?" I asked. She tucked a strand of her brown hair behind her ear, shifted her purse on the other shoulder and smiled.

"No. When I learned that I was pregnant, I freaked, even though I already had doubted I would be. I wasn't at all ready. It wasn't even in my plans to get pregnant at all back then. I was only nineteen, hadn't even graduated college yet and was living with my sister. I totally had different plan for how I imagined my life would be. I even thought a multiple times of getting an abortion, especially that I was a single mother." She smiles sadly.

I believe there's a heartbreaking story behind that last sentence.

"But after giving birth, and carrying him in my arms, I learned how truly blessed I was for having such a precious little thing that would love me endlessly and unconditionally as long as we both may live. My life had a new purpose that was driven with so much love and passion. I mean, of course it was hard at first; the pregnancy, childbirth, raising a kid on your own. It wasn't easy. But every time I look at him sleeping in my arms or laughing and running around, happy and carefree and just well, I learn how much worth it every hard moment was." She grinned.

It's good to hear someone's experience about this. Especially someone around my age.

I was about to tell her how inspiring her story was when Dean opened the door of the men's room.

"No way!" Dean gasped at the little boy, holding the door for him to pass.

"Yes! The best you could ever taste!" The boy grinned when he saw his mother and ran to hug her.

"Mommy! Don't worry, I didn't get kidnapped." He shook his head instantly as if to calm his mother down. Dean smiled and I leaned in to him when he wrapped his arm around my waist, both of us feeling the warmth of that moment.

Maybe I am ready? Who knows? Maybe I'm just scared, but I do know I will be a great mother one day.

"Oh, I didn't catch you name." I remembered.

"Oh, right." She laughed. "It's Liz."

"I'm Emma, and this is Dean." I introduced.

"Thank you again for taking care of him when I wasn't around." She smiled at Dean as she patted her son's head.

"No problem at all. He's a great kid." Dean grinned at the boy.

"Mommy, can they come with us to have ice cream too?" The little boy held his mother's dress.

"Oh my god, ice cream! I'm craving it!" I jumped in.

"Does that mean that you are pregnant?" Dean teased me, laughing.

"No, it just means that I would really like to have some ice cream." I shrugged, smiling shyly.

Imagine how sweet he will be to me when I do get pregnant.. how lucky I am to have him?

"Can they, mommy?" The boy asked her again.

"Of course they can. If they want to, of course?" Liz asked politely.

"I just hope we're not intruding." I smiled.

"Not at all. Come on, I know just the right place. It's only a five minute walk from here." She took her boy's hand in hers and she led the way.

"So do you have a job, Liz?" Dean asked, making conversation as we walked.

"Well, yes and no. Technically not, because we move around, in and out of the country a lot. We actually just moved back here about two days ago. So I had to figure out something that doesn't need me to stay in place, you know? And thankfully, I like painting very much; so I do that and sell my paintings."

"That's amazing." I grinned at her.

"Where did you move back from?" Dean asked, while we were only a few feet away from the ice cream shop.

"England. We were there briefly, just visiting some family." She smiled.

"We were just there ourselves, as well, what a small world." I said.

"Oh, damn." I heard Dean curse.

"What's wrong?" I asked, instinctively holding his hand tighter.

"Paparazzi again." He whined as he waved his head in the opposite direction across the street.

"What?" Liz stopped in her step.

"Oh, don't mind them, it's just that Dean is a famous businessman, so sometimes a few reporters capture themselves a few pictures and go away, that's all." I explained with a smile.

"I-Uh.." She suddenly started acting weird, holding her boy tightly to her body.

"Are you okay?" I asked, confused. She got herself back together.

Why is she acting so weird all of a sudden?

"Y-yes. I just remembered that we have somewhere we need to be. I don't know how I have forgotten. I'm sorry; you could go ahead without us." She pointed at the door before turning back around.

What..?

"Hey, wait. Are you sure you can't squeeze in just a few minutes? Your son really wants ice cream." I urged.

"Yes, mommy, I do!" He jumped in.

"We'll have some later, baby." She turned to me with a fake worried smile, "thank you. I wish I could, but I really can't. It was nice meeting you." She nodded her head in our direction before turning around again.

"Mommy, where are we going?" The little boy asked as his mother waved for a cab to stop.

"Hey, we didn't even catch his name." Dean pointed at the boy, both of us very confused.

"My name is Drake." The boy innocently spilled with a wide smile before his mother could shush him.

"Enough, baby! Let's go." She urged him inside the cab before they just took off.

"Well, those reporters worried her more than they should.. which in not suspicious at all.." Dean muttered from beside me.

"Who is she running from..?" I asked, both of us trailing the cab with narrowed eyes.

-------

SO? What do you guys think? Let me hear your thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 10.3K 34
"Maybe it's time we stopped trying to stay away from each other," I said, surprising myself with my confidence. A tiny smirk of a smile skittered acr...
5.1K 479 34
Maan Malhotra ~ "I'm so deeply lost in my soul; how can I expect anyone else to understand me?" "A handsome and powerful CEO, he changes partners as...
382K 12K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
9.5M 457K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...