Damned If I Do Ya.... So I'll...

By HoodIsntAsian

Leeann Evans has been best friends with Jack Barakat ever since she ran away with her mother and brother from... More

The One Thats Jealous?
The One Who Writes Songs? What?
The One That Has The Best Friends... Ever
The One That Got A What!?!
The One Who Has No One To Talk To...
The One Who Has His Own Beach! Well, Kinda...
The One Who Is Basically Still A Child
The One That Shall Not Sing
The One Thats Genuinely Worried
The One With A Dildo Choking Seagull
The One That Has A MOTHERF*CKIN' BOYFRIEND?!?
The One With A 'Schlong'...
The One Who Over Thinks
The One Who Has Someone To Fall Back On
The One Who Is Too Punk Rock
The One With Mallow On Her Nose
The One Who Is Now Labelled
The One With The Funny Accent
The One Who Is Cheating??
The One Who Is Sooooo Drunk
The One Who Is Finally A Skunk
The One Who's Beautiful
The One Thats An Absolute Fuckbrain
The One Who Hates School
The One Who Was Smashed
The One Who Is Basically A Barakat
The Ones Who're Having A Sick Day
The One Where My Bum Hurts

The One Who Deserves A Subway

13.8K 120 14
By HoodIsntAsian

"Leeann, get your skinny little ass out of bed!" I groaned as my mother, being her delightful self, shouted and yanked my quilt off my bed. I rolled over onto my belly so the light didn't burn my eyes, and pressed my face as far in to my pillow as possible.

"Go away!" I moaned at her, but I could hear her going through my wardrobe. Usually my clothes would already be lying out, but I'd been at my best friend Jack's last night, and since he lives across the road, mum doesn't really care what time I get back. I don't think I got in until about 3 AM, so as soon as I got in, I crashed out.

"Come on, you've got school! The holidays are officially over!" She paused to plonk my jeans on my legs, but I could swear I heard her mutter, "thank fuck".

As you can tell, we aren't a polite family. There's only three of us. My big brother Olly has just finished high school so he rarely emerges from his room, but I guess he still counts. Dad is still in Scotland. Originally, we're from Glasgow, but we moved to Baltimore when I was 12, and I made instant friends with Jack. He's like me in so many ways, so we instantly clicked. People always seemed to assume we were more than that, but really we were simply good friends who tended to forget there was a gender difference from time to time.

Back to the family situation, we left dad because he used to hit me and make me not tell mum, but one day she saw him. That made it sound way better than it was so I think we'll stick with that. We left straight away, originally coming here to visit my maternal grandmother to escape, but eventually we decided just to stay. Best. Decision. Ever! We've never seen dad again, and we're not particularly bothered to be quite honest. Olly was to begin with, because he had been really close to my dad, but he was a caring big brother so he agreed to come. He was one of those big brothers who was always there for his sibling. That changed when he got a girlfriend last year and things got serious, but I try not to hold it against him.

"Leeann!" Mum screeched when I'd nearly drifted back to sleep. The American ways hadn't quite overpowered my heavily Scottish background quite yet. I try to say mom and faucets and things like that, but I'm so used to saying mum and taps that I just keep going back. Our other friend, Alex, knows how I feel. He's from England, and sometimes we just sit and talk about good ol' Britain. Not often though, because the other boys take the mick out of us, but we still do once in a while.

Eventually I dragged myself out of my bed. I shoved on my favourite purple skinny jeans and my Blink-182 t-shirt before walking over to my hoody chair. Basically it's a normal chair, except I don't sit in it, I just dump my hoodies over it. I picked a black one up that I recognised as Jack's and shoved it on, knowing he won't care. As soon as I shoved on my purple Converse the doorbell rang. Legging it downstairs I pulled the door open. Jack was standing there, hair over his dark eyes, with his bag over his shoulder. One look at him told me he was just as tired as I was.

"Morning sunshine," he mumbled, before shoving past me into the house.

"Yes Jack, just come in, make yourself at home!" I muttered to myself, while shutting the door. I walked through to the living room, which is just beside the front hall, and saw Jack sprawled on the couch, his bag lazily dumped at the side. He put his arm up, inviting me into a hug, which I gratefully accepted. I curled up against him, resting my head on his chest. I playfully punched him in the arm.

"Ow! Oi! What was that for?" He said, but his tone of voice told me he didn't really care.

"Its your fault it took me half an hour to wake up this morning! If you weren't so hot I would've left sooner last night!" I said jokingly, in the same cheeky tone I usually used with him. I heard him chuckle quietly.

"I'm sorry, I guess it's just a gift really! And I'm pretty sure I'm part god, so that's not helping your sleep either. I bet you dream about me with no top on every night," he said grinning down at me, flicking his hair out his eyes.

"I'm sure I wouldn't need to dream about it, I can see it any time I want!" I grinned, batting my eyelashes up at him.

"I'm sure you could!" He admitted, rather truthfully if I must say, before dropping his head back to rest on the settee arm. "And I don't know why you're getting on at me, you're the one that's pinched my hoody by the looks of it."

"You can have it back if you want? I'll strip in front of you!" He laughed heartily.

"As tempting as that sounds, you can keep it, it looks better on you anyway!" I smiled and got up. "Where ya goin'?" He asked, clearly annoyed I moved.

"Do you know me at all? I'm going to eat, jerk!" Skipping through to the kitchen with a sudden found burst of energy, I heard Jack jump up after me. One of the many things we have in common: our love of food. There was also our taste of music, taste in style, abilities in most subjects, sense of humour and oddly enough the speed of our metabolisms.

"Do me a favour and put the bread in the toaster for me?" I asked, getting the jam out the cupboard and the spread out the fridge. Behind me I could hear the toaster getting pushed down. I bent down to search the fridge, but there was nothing exciting, so I stood back up. As I closed the door, I felt arms circle my waist and a chin land on my shoulder.

"I'm so tired," he mumbled, closing his eyes. I put my hands over his and leaned back against him. "Its your fault for being so amazing."

I had to say, the situation was hilarious. Firstly that Jack, who although I am tall, is about a head taller than me, was resting on my shoulder. Watching him slouch was entertainment in itself. Secondly, that Jack, who was good at basically everything, was calling me amazing. And by the tone of his voice, I don't think he was joking. I can tell now how Jack's feeling all the time, but this just shocked me.

Turning around in his arms, I wrapped mine around his neck. "You're too nice. And too stupid clearly if you believe that!" His eyes widened slightly as I said that before groaning.

"You're putting yourself down again! You are amazing!" I smiled, slightly embarrassed, which was weird because I never got embarrassed around him.

"If I'm amazing then you really must be part god!" I giggled slightly which set him off too. He looked down at me and grinned.

"I could argue this for hours about how amazing you are but we must eat now or be late for school!" I sighed, before withdrawing my arms from his neck. Instead of doing the same, he brought me closer and easily lifted me slightly off the ground.

"You only do that 'cause you like having my chest in your face!" I laughed. Instead of laughing with me like I thought he would, he looked me in the eyes. His had a mischievous glint in them.

"Maybe," he replied before diving his face into my chest. I squealed, surprisingly loudly for someone of my thin structure. Of course, Olly found this the perfect moment to emerge from his room for the first time properly in a month.

"Ew, Lee, you're 15! Wee whore..." He muttered before pinching our toast which had just popped. Jack dropped me straight away, red-faced but looking extremely happy for himself. I on the other hand, was just red.

"That's our toast asshole!" I said, even though I wasn't bothered. "And let's not forget what we walked in to that time Allison was over!" I said, referring to the time me and Jack walked into the den to find him and his girlfriend Allison basically dry-humping on our couch.

"Ah, but I'm allowed to!" He said smugly, before walking back to his room.

"Ugh, I'm so hungry but knowing us, if we make more toast, we'll be late. Fancy an apple?" Jack made a face at my suggestion before looking at the time on his phone.

"Well, we have half an hour to get to school, 25 of which it will take to walk there, so why don't I treat you and take you to Subway on the way there? I could phone Daryl now so it's ready when we get there?" I grinned at the fact he knew me so well as he reached to phone his old neighbour, whom he was still friends with and conveniently worked in our favourite place to eat.

"Ok, but only if I'm allowed to treat you to a takeaway pizza for tea?" A weird look spread over his face, one that I hadn't seen before. It stopped just as quickly as it started and he smiled before giving me another hug.

"That sounds amazing," he mumbled into my neck. I laughed lightly.

"Come on Barakat, you owe me a Subway, and we have to leave now!" Grabbing his hand and both our bags, I went to the door as we headed to Subway.

A/N: hey:)

so basically, as you will probably be able to tell, this is my first fanfic on here, so if its terrible, just tell me? cool:P

but yeah, no offence but I'm not gonna be the sort that begs you to vote and comment and that, but if you like it please do:) just dont expect me to get on my knees and all that shizz

so anyway, cheers:D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 4.9K 21
Jack Barakat has had enough of being upset with his life and is taking charge of his own happiness. He pledges to never revert back to his old self...
144 19 18
Alex had dealt with mental illness for most of his teenage life. No one seems to understand or care. But everything changes when the new kid, Jack, s...
29K 1.2K 18
Alex Gaskarth, beloved lead singer of All Time Low, the American Pop Punk band from Baltimore. Jack Barakat, guitarist of the same band, Alex's best...
6.8K 249 32
Amelie and Jack were bestfriends since kids. One day, Amelie and her dad got in an accident which forced her family to move in New York. The boys did...