Born Again (TVD FANFIC)

By stvckinmyhead

Madison Brooke abhors the characters and plot lines of The Vampire Diaries universe, so how will she react wh... More

Intro
PROLOGUE
1: I Miss You...
2: Tell The Truth
3: Failed Attempt
4: Supernatural Freak
6: Numb The Pain
7: Hope...
8: Kidnapped! Again? SERIOUSLY?!
!AUTHOR'S NOTE!
9: Routine...
10: Her Return
11: Her Last Day
12: Her Next Adventure
13: Unexpected Bonding
14: Hidden Talents
15: Rooftop Escapade
16: Disappearing Act
17: Experimental Spell
18: Sweet 16th
19: Contact
!AUTHOR'S NOTE!

5: Breaking Down

8K 209 4
By stvckinmyhead

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/dove-cameron-gif-5.gif.

"So it's been like this all week?"

"I guess," I shrugged. "I mean, sometimes when I wanted my drink and it was just a little too far it would end up in my hand, or when Stefan pissed me off I'd glare at him and he'd normally trip and hurt himself; it's the reason I keep calling him a clutz--but I never thought it had anything to do with me."

Care frowned while offering me a glass of water, "When did it start?"

"The day after I appeared, just before you guys kidnapped me," I couldn't stop my eyes from narrowing. "I was in the grill restroom--overthinking--and the next thing I know the mirror smashes."

"Matt said something about that," Care brought to light, "But he just assumed you'd punched it."

"Understandable, it's not everybody's first thought to jump to telekinesis(!)" I drained my glass with the mutter.

"Does this mean it's getting stronger?"

"I don't know what you mean," my brows scrunched up with Caroline's detailing.

"I mean, going on what you've told us, each time your emotions spike you suddenly gain the ability to smash objects and throw people through windows--"

"And you also seem to have absolutely no control over it," Bonnie finished.

"Gee--thanks for the vote of confidence guys(!)" I huffed.

"You know what we mean," the blonde rolled her eyes.

"Still..." I took a small breath, "So, what does all this mean for me?"

"I don't understand?" Bonnie pressed.

"Well, if this--...--thing! Just keeps getting stronger, what will happen to me if I can't control it?"

"You'll learn to control it," Bonnie assured.

"And if I don't?"

"You will," she tried to turn from me.

"Humor me," I demanded while standing with them.

A sigh escaped her as she continued to face away from me... "The spirits believe you'll become incredibly susceptible to dark suggestions."

"Which meeeeaaansss?"

"Evil spirits trapped on the other side will try to use you as a beacon and power themselves through you, killing the existing Madison completely."

My automatic response was to scoff out a shocked laugh, "Seriously?" She remained silent, "Great, because that's all I need right now(!) Wow(!)" I turned swiftly, storming towards the stairs and hoping to barricade myself in the room I'd become the most accustomed to during my stay here--

"Mads," echoed behind me, "Madi!" I continued to ignore the blonde's calls, "Madison!"

I made quick work of ripping my arm from her sudden grip, "Stop!" I found myself pleading with them once again, "Just stop--Stop trying to settle me in, stop trying to make me feel like one of the gang--I don't want to be here, I don't want to be your friend, I don't want any of this! I just want to go home..." A pitying look entered her eyes, "I just want to snuggle up on my beat in sofa, watch your show on repeat and imagine my friend laughing next to me--A heaven that is the complete opposite to being shoved into a nightmare where I am deemed a weapon and now enable abilities that a random witch bitch decided to curse me with. I can't do this, Caroline. I can't skip around and worry about petty teen drama when death and misery surrounds me, I-I'm not strong enough for that. I'm sorry."

I was allowed to enter 'my' room with a slam, falling in a heap on the cold flooring as sobs raked through my vocal chords...

A FEW DAYS LATER

"Wake up!" I hit the heavy door a couple of times, receiving a groan from the prisoner.

"Do you have to be so loud?"

"If it reaches the maximum level to piss you off, then yeah."

"And why is your dream to forever piss me off."

"Because that was Stefan's orders."

"Ahh--And how is my baby brother?"

"Hasn't been home in days, I'm assuming he's relieving the stresses of his thoughts with a bit of rub and tug action with Rebekah," I mentally cursed my blurting when Damon barked out a laugh.

"And that's why I like keeping you around, Blondie," he sat up in his ratty, make-shift bed.

"You don't really have a choice, if anything you're more of a prisoner than me--" My step back was quick as he whooshed to the doors small window.

"Come a little closer and say that," he dared.

"No, thanks-- I already promised Bonnie I'd stop trying to get myself killed, sooo..." I gave an overdramatic apologetic shrug. His eyes narrowed, the bars impacted with an aggressive hit before the vampire gave me some space.

"How's Elena?" I passed a fresh bottle of bourbon through the bars with his question.

"Well, that was awfully calm considering the love of your life just switched off all of her emotions."

"Like you said; I can't exactly do anything if I disagree with her, I have no choice but to come along for the ride--"

"Odd, that's exactly how my life feels lately." I sighed at his expectant look, "She's fine, though I'm sure you can hear that. Caroline's trying to pull her from the edge while Bonnie researches some spells I asked her to look into when she dropped Care off this morning."

The bottle was opened, "Spells?"

"From the brief things I actually care to remember past my friends' box set, there's supposed to be a spell that will remove the effects of compulsion completely. I told her I needed it for you and she said she'd try to find it as quickly as she could."

"Why? Bonnie hates me--Wait, why ask? You barely know me..." confusion became his default.

I rolled my eyes, "Relax, It's not from the kindness of my heart. I just need a Damon who isn't Kol's little compelled Zombie if we actually want to get Elena's humanity back before I'm sent home."

"You think you know how to do that?"

"I know I know how to do that," I assured.

He couldn't silence a scoff, "Because you're from another universe(!)"

"Yes," I grit my teeth. "Now," I threw a small bottle of blood at his feet, "I'm told that's your lot for three days so--" he'd drained the plastic container before I could reach the deadline, "If I were you I'd make it last..."

"Whoops(!)" He threw it behind him with little care, prepared to finish the bourbon and be left alone until I pushed two more items through the cramped airspace. He frowned at his inspection of them, "Books?"

"I could tell you were bored, and from what I remember these two are your favorites--have fun," I turned to leave, his hesitation halting the attempt.

"Wait--" I followed the order, leaving my back facing him as I waited for bribery to try and get him more blood, "Thanks...And I'm sorry, from what I hear you're in a pretty shitty situation."

"...Thanks, I guess," I shrugged the kindness off--my determination to not grow attached to fictional personalities shining through as I remembered I'd leave in a heartbeat if offered the opportunity...

"It's fine, Caroline. Just go," I tried to deter the blonde from re-entering.

"Are you sure?--Because--"

"I'm positive, now just go home to your Mom, stop stressing--maybe even try and contact Ty, okay?"

"...Yeah...--No, yeah, yeah, got it. I'll be back tomorrow?" Hesitation still shone in her eyes.

"If Stefan still doesn't show up tonight then I at least know Bonnie will be back in a few hours, and if she really manages the upper hand, all I have to do is use my mind powers to shut her up," she chuckled at my shrug, "And if you continue to hover..."

"--Okay! Okay," she held her hands up in defense, "I'm going, I'm going. See you tomorrow?"

"If you insist," I managed a smile with my dramatic sigh, "Goodbye Caroline." I waved as her figure finally vanished, my body slumping upright in exhaustion when the facade snapped, "Finally..." it felt like heaven to mutter as I turned to provide my houseguest with her supper.

"How adorable(!)" Elena greeted while I neared her chained position, "Finally making friends?"

"Just distracting your friends from your heartless attitude," I shrugged.

"And who can we thank for that(?)"

"Me," I offered a blood bag, knowing the scent would shut her up.

"Still don't trust me to feed myself?" She snarled.

"Definitely not," I refused, "Especially when my only possible savior if you attack is your prisoner of a boyfriend."

She made a noise of disgust, "Don't call him that."

"Why?" I frowned, "It's true, your love for him is the whole point you're doing this."

"Don't make that connection," her firm voice was an order. "Damon was part of the old, miserable and sappy Elena's life--I'm not her," she made clear, "That pathetic little girl is dead, this is merely burying the body."

"No," I refused, "That little girl was cursed, and while you're right about being nothing like her, the second you go away is the second she becomes a million times stronger from the experience."

She chuckled weakly, "You really have that much hope?"

"Sadly," I nodded.

"How pathetic of you," she smirked. I shrugged her cruel words off, finding my numbness to these sorts of scenarios horribly resilient as I guided the blood bag to her mouth and watched her fangs pierce the meal. Large dregs were sucked from the bag, seconds ticking by before she choked on it and tried to spit it back out-- "Vervain!" She hissed.

"You need to be weak, remember(?) Witch's orders." I set the bag aside, distracted by her hair covering her face--seeming to become glued to the sizzling blood that decorated her chin. "Really?" I sighed, all too willing to reach across and force the hair from her eyes; a mistake I quickly regretted when sharp weapons plunged themselves into my helpful wrist, choking down on the vervain in my system just to hurt me. The pain punching itself through me pulled a harsh yelp from my lips before the vampire's actions ceased with an easy snap of her neck-- "FUCK!" I held my wrist and stumbled backward, red coating my hand when I assessed the injury.

With quick movements I pushed back the pulses of pain, gripping two vervain needles and jamming them into each of my attackers' arms. Pressing down with a cruel force before allowing them to gather by my feet, an angry huff falling from my mouth when I turned, my rage pairing with a want for the assailant to ache with agony when she woke became my only focus as I escaped the room in search for a band aid...

My night seemed never ending.

Hours and hours feeling as though they'd dragged by since I'd knocked Elena out, yet when I check my watch I see a clear warning of only a mere twenty minutes passing. I know she'll wake up soon, I know she'll be bitchy and grumpy--though thankfully she'll be weak, distracted...too in pain to properly attack me...

'What is wrong with me?!' I pulled open the front door, an item I'd been trapped in a staring contest with since I'd cleaned up my wound a solid dozen minutes ago... I very willingly snapped Elena's neck and ensured her pain by injecting her with vervain, falling into the instinct of violence too easily for me to be comfortable with. 'This isn't me...' I pushed against the barrier, 'This can't be me...'

Strained energy evolved to desperate punches into an impenetrable wall. 'Is this my life now? Mystic Falls unwanted pet--a bomb that will inevitably detonate?' My body propelled itself forward, expecting Bonnie to be kind enough to allow me freedom since her last visit... 'Will I forever be their puppet until they have all the information they need from me?' I stepped further back for a greater run-up and a more rewarding impact-- 'I'll just be trapped in this house, trapped with these people. My destiny will be to answer all questions for a better future before one of them decides to 'accidentally' kill me. That or Kol will manage to kidnap me again, ensuring I'm his submissive little toy, his secret weapon--insurance that he will survive past a TV show's expectations. I'll be miserable--'

The thoughts went quiet when pain flung me onto the aging wooden floor, an attack that had me holding my aching skull as I stared at the invisible barrier with indignation.

'I can't leave--' "No..." I muttered, 'I'll never be able to get out of this house, out of this world--' "No!" My voice became firmer, desperate. "I'm not stuck here, I can't be--not forever, not me. It's not fair..." I decided with watery eyes. 'I'm in hell. Every time I wake up and I'm still here, still in my best friend's heaven while they're just gone...I've taken Angel and Adelina's chance of happiness in their ending by complete accident and I can't-- I don't... Scarlet... I'll never see her again... My family--sure, they weren't the best, but they were mine--they were there and I'm never gonna see them ever again because of some random fuck up from a witch that's supposed to be fictional!' My fist managed to punch the ground, my spike in anger denting the material, "No, No, NO! I can't stay here, I--...I don't belong here...":

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/af/94/31/af9431a899ef85f29f17470c4248c980.gif.

"No, no, no--" I rushed back from the crater until my back hit a wall, "Please, just let me go home. Please..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO4e4nCYBEo... (The Lonely By Christina Perri)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Thanks for watching x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714K 24.1K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
22.8K 1.1K 31
In the Moonlight Chicken drama we've got the happy ending for Jim x Wen and Li Ming x Heart but how does the story continue for Alan and Gaipa who en...
19.6K 520 13
This is my story about a Salem witch adopted by Charlie. Let's follow her journey. And see how Bella reacts to Saraya. PS, I'm sorry I suck at descr...
1.1M 44.4K 47
Priyanka -> Priyanka is 22 years old and is in the process of completing her masters in Buisness administration.Since a very young age Priyanka ha...