The Kid Cryptid Podcast

By Kid_Cryptid

Kid Cryptid is podcast about cryptids! Shocking, right? It's also a chance for father and son to sit down and... More

Werewolves
Why Cryptids?
Bigfoot
Jersey Devil

Wendigo

4 0 0
By Kid_Cryptid

Terrorizing frigid northern winters, this cryptid hungers for human flesh. Hopefully, you're some place warm for this episode as the Wendigo loves the cold and isolated.

This episode was a lot fun to research despite the dark, and often gruesome lore that surrounds the Wendigo. Unlike something like the Jersey Devil, there was a lot more cultural significance to be mindful of. At the same time there was the opportunity to get some insight into a belief system well outside my own.

All in all, this episode showed me just how easy it is to come off like a bull in  glass shop when tackling subjects that seem interesting interesting, but that we've only ever been exposed to in the most superficial ways. It's my goal to trample less going forward.

As always, stay curious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 1.7K 40
မင်းကိုပိုင်ဆိုင်ခွင့်နဲ့ပတ်သပ်လာရင် ကံကြမ္မာကိုတောင်စိန်ခေါ်ပစ်မယ်ငယ်ငယ်
1.9K 32 152
Gu Wuji, who has often encountered ghosts since childhood, was drawn into an infinite supernatural world one day. As a result, I treated you as evil...
4K 202 7
I hate this clown of a world that I now inhabit. Why are there people that fly around in mech suits. Plus, why do some people have superpowers. "Wh...
1.1M 49.3K 52
In a world where humans are considered as nothing but servants to the almighty Warlocks and fairfolk, little human Milo struggles to make ends meet w...