3. Hope (Miles Hollingsworth...

By XxwhatthehellxX

Miles Hollingsworth, a grade 12 bisexual, billionaire, "bad boy " more than the boyfriend of the girl in the... More

Before you start
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40

10

923 14 0
By XxwhatthehellxX

The week continued as it started.
Miles came over after school, he stayed over a couple nights but not always, but he did come for breakfast every morning. He'd stay until 11 and then make his way off to school whilst I went to my therapy.

I asked if he was missing anything important and he usually answered "Nothing more important then you," which made me give his a disapproving eyebrow raise.

"I'm joking! I have free's now as a senior." he would add with a smile and it would put my mind at ease.

At least on that portion of my worries anyway, I still thought about Zig. I didn't tell him about him coming to see me but I did ask Miles if he'd been to many lessons. Miles had rolled his eyes and said he was hanging around with Esme all the time, brain washed. I felt uneasy. I wanted to be back at school to help. I missed my friends.

On Friday morning, I had voiced this concern, we were together in my room. My dad was out for the day with Emily.

"You don't need to be lonely you have me. I'll be here whenever you need me, alright? ." He comforted, stroking my leg.

"I know, but it's not like being at school, I just get bored here all day. I do my work sent from school, I see my therapist and then that is it." I frown. My life was going back to the days of the hospital where every day was the same, in the same room seeing the same handful of people. The only difference was today my therapist wasn't coming, she had Fridays and the weekend off.

I felt like Miles could sense what I meant as he listened to me talk, he was silent for a minute before sorting through the trail of clothes thrown the floor for his shoes. He started doing his laces.
"Are you going home?" I asked sadly. It was around the time he usually would go.

"I am and you are coming with me." He said looking over his shoulder at me. He moved my crutches to the side of the bed where I slid my hands through them and he helped me stand up. He stood up with me.

"Um school?" I questioned like it was obvious.
"Olivia, I have like one lesson today. I'll just do a catchup in one of my frees on Monday." He shrugged off with his arms folded.

"You sure?" I asked warily.
"Spending a well deserved day off with my girlfriend or going in to school alone to do a rewrite of an essay I've already aced.....hmmm let me think." He teased and I laughed.

"Okay, what am I still doing in my pyjamas then?" I joked and he let out a humoured breath.

I brushed my hair and changed my top whilst  Miles got dressed and helped me out the door and we got to the car.

I hadn't been outside in a while, apart from when I was going after Zig, so traveling down the road with the roof down on the car and my hair flowing in the wind was enough to lift any mood.

When we got up the steps of his house I let out a little laugh.
"Whats that for?" He smiled.
"Its just been a while since I've been here." I smiled at him. I hadn't been back here since before the crash, it had been ages.

"What? You need me to give you a reminder tour to jog your memory? You forgotten your way around?" He joked and I playfully hit his shoulder. Once he closed the front door behind him he picked me up fireman style until he had carried me all the way into the living room and sat on the coach with me on his lap

"Home alone." He smirked at me.
"Home alone." I echoed.
I pushed my nose to his and ran fingers through his hair. He smiled gleefully.

"Best sick day ever." He chuckled and was already fumbling with the buckle of his belt.

Miles POV:

We ended up being on the couch for 1 and a half amazing hours. It's like we both were desperate to make up for lost time. I had decided it was the only thing I wanted to do. This was my life now, me this couch and Olivia and that was enough.

Except for food.
I lifted off the couch and let Olivia lie out on it.
"Hungry." I explained. She laughed and rolled her eyes.

As I walked to the kitchen, I got a text from Tris:
"You missed another pop quiz!"
I replied with a "lucky me!"
Which was immediately followed with "Its not funny. You're walking on thin ice Hollingsworth."

I looked over at Olivia and then back at the text. I was no longer hungry. I knew I'd lied to her but it wasn't any of her concern. It wasn't a lie as much as a bent truth. School was just not my priority. She was. It's not like I was missing that much. Nothing I couldn't make up. She was worth it. It seemed stupid to try juggle school and Olivia when there only one thing I wanted to do and liked to do.

I didn't reply to Tris' message. Instead, I put another smile on my face and went back into the living room.

"So I was thinking..." Olivia started.
"Oh no." I replied and she scoffed.

"I was thinking..I haven't just not been in this house for a long time. I haven't been in the pool either...." She grinned and I was already helping her to her feet.

"Come on you." I picked her up bridal style and she let out a gorgeous excited laugh that banished the thought of Tris and everything else away.

"You're okay I got you." I reassured as we got into the water. It had been warmer then we expected due it being a hot day. I had to keep an arm around her waist as she wasn't the best at staying afloat because of her legs but overall it was okay.

"This is like hydrotherapy." She realised with a smile.

"Skinny dipping hydrotherapy. Just another service I provide." I smirked.

"Is there anything you can't do!?" She jokes along with fake astonishment.

"Not when it comes to you." I whisper honestly looking at her wet eyelashes and her beautiful eyes.

"Thank you." She mouths and rest her forehead on mine as I move us around the pool creating slow ripples.
It was calm and perfect.

Olivia's POV:

I sat on the island in the kitchen with towels wrapped around me after the pool. We had been in there way too long and had let our skin shrivel and wrinkly.

"I think that was the most fun I had in that pool since that day you threw me in it." I concluded smiling. He came down the stairs changed, I wished I could go up to his room with him.

"That must be coming up to a year ago." Miles laughed shaking his head nostalgically. It was a great day, Hunter actually getting in the pool, the childish and shameless flirting between Miles and I.

"What's the time!?" I asked him suddenly sitting upright. It plucked me right out of memory lane.

He looked at his phone.
"10 to 2"

"Shit!" I cursed my eyes wide looking around for my crutches.

"What's wrong are you okay?" he asked concerned.
"I have to get back home, Emily gives me my medication at 2 every day. She takes it really seriously." I explain.

"Okay, that's okay we'll get you back home." He replied calmly. He looked me in the eyes promisingly.
"We will get there." He repeated.
"Yeah." I rationalised trying to slow my heart rate down again. We had loads of time to get home, I let out a breath.

"Just chill okay? I'll get your clothes." He placed a hand on mine, before walking out the kitchen.

I counted to ten in my head and took another deep breath. I hated the way I panicked. It felt like a squeezing in my chest and it lasted for way longer then it needed to. This pathetic anxiety that came from the crash. All made up in my head.

He returned from getting my clothes and handed them to me with a slight smile though it was clear he was still worried about me. He helped me stand whilst I got my shorts on and my t shirt. He grabbed his car keys and I got my crutches and we went back to the car.

My panic was irrational. Miles wasn't even speeding and it only took 5 minutes to drive back to mine. 1:55pm

Keeping cool headed the entire time, he helped me to my door.
"I had a really great day." He smiled. It was adorable.

"You're saying they like you're leaving." I replied."
"I'm not leaving, I just wanted to tell you. Didn't you?" He asked hopefully.

"I had the best day and not just since the bus crash since our first date." I smiled holding his hands as confirmation.
"Good." He grinned and we opened the door.
"Maybe we can do it all again tomorrow"

"All of it?" I walked through the hallway looking back at him with an questioning smirk.

"All of it and-" He grinned back until his whole face fell as we reached the kitchen.

I whipped my head around. That squeezing feeling in my chest returning.

Sitting at my kitchen table was my father, Emily, Dianne....and Mr Simpson.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 2.6K 30
[ one tree hill - seasons 1-4 ] I DO NOT own One Tree Hill, any of the show's characters or storylines, I ONLY own my OC(s) and their storylines.
73.2K 1.1K 28
Ally Crimson left New York two years ago, but now she's returned; but things have changed since she left. New Yorks biggest spy, Gossip Girl, has ret...
34.4K 854 30
*NEW TITLE/COVER* "Adrienne, what's gotten into you--?" "It's Black Monarch, and it'll be the last name to ever fall from your pathetic lips." Dest...
367K 6.1K 95
Kara always dreamt of pursuing her dream as a dancer, and with not only the help of The Next Step but the help of the people she meets along the way...