Never Again - Ruby Rose x Mal...

By Pie-inator

Due to a tragic incident that took place in Haven Academy, (Y/N) (L/N) was forced to move to Vale. After bein... More

Welcome To Vale
You Belong
First Impressions
Surpise
Dust Hike Brawl
Best Day Ever
Dread
Unfolded Past
Unfolded Past II
Forgiveness
Proposing for a Dance
Swaying Preparation
Swaying Preparation II
Dancing with Fire
A Close Encounter
Down Under
Brace for Impact
Last Stand

Stocking Up

2K 29 11
By Pie-inator

Your POV

Despite the intruder getting away, the rest of the dance went well. Although, something's been bothering me, I can't shake the feeling that she seemed too familiar.

"They were here..." the general began raising his voice "Ozpin, they were here!"

"You said you could handle it, yet you didn't find the infiltrator." I glared at his general direction.

"That's enough Mr. (L/N)," Ms. Goodwitch intervened.

"As for you, James." she gestured towards Ironwood. "We're very much aware of that, thank you!"

"Fantastic!" he yelled. "You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and ignore what's right in front of us!?"

"Says the person who let them go." I commented.

Ironwood shot me a glare, which I gladly returned.

"You have to give him credit, James." Ozpin took a sip from his mug. "He and Ms. Rose did manage to fend off the intruder, despite still being in training. The level of skill the masked woman displayed, however, this wasn't their first time doing such a task."

 Ozpin shut off the footage of last night's tussle, as the elevator door opened, revealing Ruby.

"Come in." Ozpin told Ruby to step into his office.

"Sorry it took so long." she apologized. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the way up here. It wasn't me.

I rolled my eyes as she stood beside me.

"To think that you told me to get here early." I nudged her.

"Thank you for coming, Ruby. How are you feeling?" Ozpin asked her.

"Okay, I guess." she glanced at me. "I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three."

I pull her near me, reassuring her.

"Ruby, (Y/N)..." Ironwood spoke up. "I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a huntress and huntsman is all about. You recognized a threat, took action. You did the best you could."

I felt my phone rang as I got a message from Perseus.

"I may have to excuse myself," I apologized. "My team needs me at the moment."

"It's alright Mr. (L/N), you've told us more than enough information already." Ozpin nodded.

"Just text me if you need anything." I gave Ruby a quick peck on her head before making my way out of Ozpin's office.

~10 minutes later~

I ran towards my dorm as fast as I could, dodging every student that was in my way. I took a sharp turn, nearly hitting the wall as I grabbed for the door and quickly slammed it open.

"ALRIGHT ETSUKI LET GO OF MY-" I stood clueless at the door frame, with my hand still on the doorknob. "There's no one in the room?"

I slowly walk inside, gently shutting the door behind me. I scanned the room, to see if Etsuki was hiding anywhere.

"Nothing." I said walking towards the window. I gently open it and let the cool breeze hit my face. I close the window once more sighed.

"Well, guess I should head ba-AHHH!"

I got startled as I saw Etsuki standing right in front of me. 

"Hey!" she giggled. "Watcha doin?"

"YOU!" I pointed at her. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY STASH OF FOOD!"

"What do you mean?" she titled her head confused. "I didn't do anything to them?"

"BUT PERSEUS TOLD ME- you know what nevermind." I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Then where are they?"

"That's why I'm here!" she saluted.

"Here for what?" I rubbed the back of my neck.

"To pick you up, silly!" she grabbed my hand. instantly teleporting us.

We dropped down on a side walk, well more of me dropping down on my face while Etsuki still had a hold of my hand.

"Took you long enough!" I heard Wintria's voice. "You should've been back here 5 minutes ago!"

"Well he wasn't exactly in the room the first and second time I went there." Etsuki crossed her arms.

"Where are we..." I said dusting myself off.

Perseus grabbed my head and turned me towards a large mall.

"Um.. what are we doing here?" I asked them. "And what was that message all about!"

"Wintria thought it would've been a good idea to stock up on supplies before the whole 'shadowing a huntsman' thing we have later." Perseus answered. "And you won't exactly come any quicker to our dorm, unless it had to do something about your food."

"We could've just gone to the dust shop near Beacon?" I questioned her.

"Well..." Wintria began sheepishly poking her fingers together. "I kinda wanted everyone to spend time together."

"We could've done that on another date...?" I sweat dropped. "Then again, I need to resupply on dust..."

Wintria's eyes lit up with excitement and began pushing all of us towards the entrance. I decided to message Ruby, asking her know if she wanted anything. She replied rather quickly... Of course, why am I not surprised.

"We should probably split up, to cover more ground." I suggested. "And meet up back here after an hour?"

"Great idea!" Etsuki exclaimed.

She grabbed Perseus' hand. "Dibs on him!"

And stormed off leaving me and Wintria in the middle of the mall's ground floor.

"I envy the amount of energy she has..." Wintria sighed.

"Tell me about it..." I sighed as well. "How much energy can that tiny girl hold."

Wintria and I began going through stores, looking for what we needed. Despite being a huge mall, combat stores were almost limited, makes sense though.

"Oh! What about here!" she dragged me by my arm.

I look up at the sign which said 'Tactics: Dust and Combat Wares'.

"Looks promising." I said entering through the glass doors.

The stop itself was surprisingly larger than the rest we went through, and had a wide array of dust presented within glass casings as well as different equipment. One particularly caught my eye.

"I'm guessing you found something you like?" Wintria nudged me.

"Careful!" I said balancing the the stuff I was holding. "Can you not do that?"

"Nope!" she said going to a different section of the store.

"Find anything you like?" a voice asked from behind me.

I turn around to see one of the store's clerks approach me.

"Actually, you got any tactical clothing here?" I asked him. "One that can hold a bunch of dust compartments?"

"Right this way." he began walking as I followed suit.

He led me to a further extension of the shop, which had different type of clothing for any terrain. I looked through them, amazed by how durable the fabric looked.

"This looks good." I said holding up a pair of combat pants.

It almost looked like my old pair, except that it had knee guards build into it.

"That's a good choice," he held it up. "This fabric was specifically engineered to withstand amounts of slashes from sharp objects. As well as durable enough to survive blasts of dust."

"I'll take 5." I said without hesitation. "I'll get one of those tactical belts, and dust. A lot of 'em."

I went to the counter and paid for the stuff I bought, and waited for Wintria to exit the store.

"Hey those suit you." she walked towards me.

"The more durable, the better." I grinned. "I see you got new tumblers."

"Excuse me!?" she said irritated. "There aren't just any tumblers!"

I just stared at her confused and shrugged.

"These will help me drink dust more efficiently!" she scoffed. "So that I won't have to constantly carry smaller containers, I can just stuff them in these. They clip around my belt."

"Right." I forgot that about her semblance for a second there.

We eventually met up back at the entrance with the other two, and it looked like Perseus had seen better days.

"I'll catch up with you guys, I just need to buy one more thing." I said running off towards a desert stand, buying 2 boxes of cookies.

"This is probably not enough, but I can't exactly let her eat too much of these either..." I mentally sighed.

I took the next bullhead to Beacon and decided to relax myself for the time being.

"I wonder if I could use my locker as a ride back to school next time."

The bullhead landed and I made my way towards the center, when a large crowd of students began forming at one of the landing pads.

"Team CFVY's back!" a student shouted.

I decided to see what the fuss was about, and indeed there they were. They looked battered and worn out. I found my team, along with team RWBY as I made my way towards them.

"Looks like shadowing a huntsman won't be so bad after all..." I said to myself.

=================================================

A/N: 'Till next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 38 9
Beacon's second semester is here! Y/n is still being monitored closely by Ozpin and Y/n is amazed at how a man like him has made it so far even with...
103K 1.6K 21
Y/n Gilbert was a young boy who wished to be a Huntsman. After being framed for something he didn't do which caused him to be kicked out of Signal Ac...
34.4K 726 42
Jaune Arc and Ruby Rose are Beacon Academy students, both dealing with the loss of Pyrrha Nikos. After losing her to Cinder Fall, it's been hard for...
10.4K 217 7
After the whole commotion at Haven Academy, Team RWBY is now back together and Ruby has reunited with the once thought deceased (y/n), with the whole...